PDA

View Full Version : Game 21 Kaka Comes A Calling TFC vs Orlando Wednesday 8pm TSN

Pages : [1] 2

OgtheDim
08-02-2015, 06:57 AM
Loves me a week night match.

No Altidore. Moore still out. I'd play Chapman up there.

Warner comes back. Bradley unlikely but we'll see.

Perquis needs to smarten up. No more hands up watching the play go by him while he expects an offside call.

Like most of the league, it seems,Orlando has a great offence but no defence.

Should be a fun night.

Fort York Redcoat
08-02-2015, 09:51 AM
Orlando coming off a 5-2 win against a negligent Columbus defence indicates we will have a busy night Wed.

So many question marks for our team

After last match the start in goal is still up for grabs IMO

The back line issue covered above but I'd add Kantari needs to gel and quick. Time for Morrison?

Warner put in a heck of a performance last time but putting it on his shoulders hasn't given results before- I hope this game he can shine again.

Umm I know some people will be at the game with Kaka shirts but my eyes will be on Larin Larin Larin.

Jack
08-02-2015, 10:30 AM
Orlando coming off a 5-2 win against a negligent Columbus defence indicates we will have a busy night Wed.

So many question marks for our team

After last match the start in goal is still up for grabs IMO

The back line issue covered above but I'd add Kantari needs to gel and quick. Time for Morrison?

Warner put in a heck of a performance last time but putting it on his shoulders hasn't given results before- I hope this game he can shine again.

Umm I know some people will be at the game with Kaka shirts but my eyes will be on Larin Larin Larin.
Morrison? Did I miss an acquisition while on the beach?

Fort York Redcoat
08-02-2015, 11:21 AM
Morrison? Did I miss an acquisition while on the beach?

lol don't know where I got that from. Williams. Josh Williams.

SKB
08-02-2015, 08:21 PM
This is an important game. There was a big surprise tonight Chicago beat Dallas. Dallas is supposed to be one of the top 3 clubs in the league. They looked awful. Also referring was terrible. The league has to stop letting all the grabbing and running over go. Let the skill teams play. Chicago is still a bad team, but a lost would have been helpful to our cause

Brooker
08-04-2015, 06:10 AM
Umm I know some people will be at the game with Kaka shirts

I hope not. I can't bite my tongue all night with those idiots around.

bimmer
08-04-2015, 09:18 AM
I hope not. I can't bite my tongue all night with those idiots around.

Why? For most non-Europeans it's a once in a lifetime opportunity to see a soccer legend/your idol play in person so I see nothing wrong with people wearing his shirt to show their support. If they're openly disparaging TFC/MLS in favour of Kaka that would be a different issue, but if they're not causing problems I don't see why it would be a problem for you?

molenshtain
08-04-2015, 09:32 AM
Why? For most non-Europeans it's a once in a lifetime opportunity to see a soccer legend/your idol play in person so I see nothing wrong with people wearing his shirt to show their support. If they're openly disparaging TFC/MLS in favour of Kaka that would be a different issue, but if they're not causing problems I don't see why it would be a problem for you?

because I don't want a bunch of eurosnob fans showing up and supporting Orlando at a game at our stadium that has playoff implications. It'd be a bit different if he played for us, say, and they all showed up. But he doesn't, so they can shove it.

Derko
08-04-2015, 10:05 AM
because I don't want a bunch of eurosnob fans showing up and supporting Orlando at a game at our stadium that has playoff implications. It'd be a bit different if he played for us, say, and they all showed up. But he doesn't, so they can shove it.

Or go sit in the away supporters section and then shove it.

jabbronies
08-04-2015, 10:09 AM

I agree with this.

Joe Kool
08-04-2015, 10:33 AM
Hopefully Vanney laid into the players that needed it about being professional and how to act grown up on the field. They need to redeem themselves. Last time they had a bad Saturday and needed to redeem themselves on a weeknight home game it was that 3-1 win against Montreal. I want to see another game like that.

barticusz
08-04-2015, 10:44 AM
What happened in NE is over and done. I'm looking forward to seeing us finally get a good stretch of games at home. These are all critical if we want to make a push for the post season and even a shot at the top of the standings.

T-boy
08-04-2015, 10:59 AM
I see a win coming!

*I also invented glasses that can see through flags and clothes so I will actually be able to see the whole game from the back or 114.

*note, that was a dream I had, and man I wish those glasses didn't also see through clothes! :p

Fort York Redcoat
08-04-2015, 11:11 AM

I realize there are a few that wear the "hero jersey" when they come to play and then wear their TFC gear the very next game. The issue is how can people tell the difference from those that ONLY show up for the hero show and cheer TFC opposition? And, really, I find it hard to believe one who wore the players jersey wouldn't cheer if said hero scored. Which is supporting the opposition. So...that person is gonna hear about from the home fans cheering for the home team.

billyfly
08-04-2015, 11:35 AM
If Larin would do us a favour and not score that would be great.

https://blog.scottsmarketplace.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/bill-lumbergh.jpg

Ruffian
08-04-2015, 12:24 PM
If Larin would do us a favour and not score that would be great.

https://blog.scottsmarketplace.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/bill-lumbergh.jpg

He can score as long as it is close to the end of the game and we have the win in hand.

pdubs
08-04-2015, 12:25 PM
Hopefully Vanney laid into the players that needed it about being professional and how to act grown up on the field. They need to redeem themselves. Last time they had a bad Saturday and needed to redeem themselves on a weeknight home game it was that 3-1 win against Montreal. I want to see another game like that.

I am waiting for exactly this.

I sort of hope he benches Perquis and gives Zavaleta a go with the new guy. If they play well give both of them a chance on Saturday too. Perquis' place shouldn't be locked up even tho I don't think we should write him off entirely. I know the backline seems to be messed up with injuries but we need to expect better out of our players. The silly yellow card from Warner in the previous game is another example. Yes they hit our keeper but the player has to know when he is one yellow card away from being suspended. Time and place for everything.

I expect a big response.

Derko
08-04-2015, 01:19 PM
I am hoping the team is going to be very motivated for the run of home games and show the supporters the type of football that we expect and know TFC are capable of.

OgtheDim
08-04-2015, 06:45 PM
Williams not available apparently. Vanney indicated he has not been in a training session for a couple of months.

FWIW

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CLl7_6sWcAAETcb.png

OgtheDim
08-04-2015, 06:56 PM
Orlando Viewpoint (http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/article/2015/08/04/orlando-city-sc-stretched-thin-wednesdays-big-eastern-conference-clash-toron)

molenshtain
08-04-2015, 06:57 PM
we match up really well against Orlando. Should be a win even without Bradley and Altidore.

Red CB Toronto
08-04-2015, 07:01 PM
I can't feel my face when I watch the Reds but I love it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dqt8Z1k0oWQ

mowe
08-04-2015, 07:05 PM
http://m.mlssoccer.com/news/article/2015/08/04/orlando-city-sc-stretched-thin-wednesdays-big-eastern-conference-clash-toron

Orlando short handed as well. Expecting a high scoring game. 4-3 Reds.

Discostu81
08-04-2015, 07:15 PM
I can't feel my face when I watch the Reds but I love it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dqt8Z1k0oWQ

Off topic but I don't get the can't feel my face reference...is it because he's done too much blow or something?

portu
08-04-2015, 08:58 PM
I agree with this.
Same here, so long as they aren't being openly asshole-ish and invading the south stand I don't see the big deal

molenshtain
08-04-2015, 09:53 PM
crime scene just our side of the Dufferin gates. Don't know how it will affect those using that route to get to the game tomorrow, but heads up.

nick.mastro
08-04-2015, 10:19 PM
If we play bad defensively and lose , I really think Konopka should get the start next game

OgtheDim
08-05-2015, 07:28 AM
Game Day :scarf:

Weather tonight

22 at kickoff with NW west winds up to 17 km/h

GORGEOUS night for a game. Weeknight crowds are always a blast. And with our offence, there is no giving up.

markusp
08-05-2015, 07:40 AM
Really looking forward to the game tonight. Perfect weather and a rather evenly matched team (both D lines need help). Would prefer to see Konopka in goal over Bendik as I think he displays far better communication but am hopeful we put down a dominating performance in any event.

Red CB Toronto
08-05-2015, 07:47 AM
Who is ready for tonight, had a great sleep and ready for an even better day that hopefully ending with a TFC victory this evening. Come On You Reds. We shall support them when onto the road to victor.

Fort York Redcoat
08-05-2015, 08:12 AM
Williams not available apparently. Vanney indicated he has not been in a training session for a couple of months.

Months?? Injury?

C.Ronaldo
08-05-2015, 09:22 AM
great pickup!

OgtheDim
08-05-2015, 09:25 AM
Petrescu is the ref tonight. Expect a lot of stuff let go and then an inexplicable yellow to calm things down.

C.Ronaldo
08-05-2015, 09:26 AM
Off topic but I don't get the can't feel my face reference...is it because he's done too much blow or something?

yah coke

Im more impressed by the 90s black bomber jacket

OgtheDim
08-05-2015, 09:33 AM
Expect Morgan tonight.

Ultra & Proud
08-05-2015, 10:05 AM
Petrescu is the ref tonight. Expect a lot of stuff let go and then an inexplicable yellow to calm things down.
More worried about Geiger on Saturday.

Jack
08-05-2015, 10:08 AM
Months?? Injury?
Didn't he have some sort of heart condition?

Ultra & Proud
08-05-2015, 11:07 AM
Didn't he have some sort of heart condition?
He had Pericarditis. I read an interview that where he says that he still gets palpitations and breathing trouble when pushing it in the heat. And that it can flare up at any time. Decent chance we never see him play, at least not this year. I questioned this move since it happened.

TFC/Everton
08-05-2015, 11:12 AM
WIN.

Jack
08-05-2015, 11:14 AM
He had Pericarditis. I read an interview that where he says that he still gets palpitations and breathing trouble when pushing it in the heat. And that it can flare up at any time. Decent chance we never see him play, at least not this year. I questioned this move since it happened.
It didn't really cost us anything and if he can play, then it's a decent pick-up. It's not like there was a glut of available right-backs that we could get on waivers. Hopefully, he will be alright, beyond what it means to our team. I hate to see someone unable to do what they love because of something like this.

Ultra & Proud
08-05-2015, 11:25 AM
It didn't really cost us anything and if he can play, then it's a decent pick-up. It's not like there was a glut of available right-backs that we could get on waivers. Hopefully, he will be alright, beyond what it means to our team. I hate to see someone unable to do what they love because of something like this.
Yeah that part does suck and it's good for him that he has a chance to get back to it. Just hope this isn't a lingering thing that wastes a roster spot and a bit of cash.

Initial B
08-05-2015, 11:46 AM
I'm not fond of our backline's chances against Kaka and Larin. Likewise, I don't see their backline being able to contain Giovinco completely but Findlay isn't much of a threat - that will have to come from Delgado and Osorio. I'm thinking a 2-2 draw.

ManUtd4ever
08-05-2015, 11:51 AM
No Bradley and Altidore is going to hurt us tonight. I hope I'm wrong.

C.Ronaldo
08-05-2015, 12:53 PM
I'm not fond of our backline's chances against Kaka and Larin. Likewise, I don't see their backline being able to contain Giovinco completely but Findlay isn't much of a threat - that will have to come from Delgado and Osorio. I'm thinking a 2-2 draw.

your cant compare All Go Findley with No Style Cyle

Orlando should be very afraid

But I agree, the point/(s) will have to come from our Mids

SoccMan2
08-05-2015, 01:32 PM
I have no faith in this team and mainly because of how many goals this team is once again giving up just like in years past, nothing has changed defensively for this team and that is why I can't see this team making the playoffs. I'm wondering when I see crap performances like we saw against New England the other night and ones like in LA further back in the season if this is not the real TFC, I hope not, it's going to be a struggle to make the playoffs there have been so many bad performances with this team this season that I don't have much faith in this team making the post season. Tonight's game against Orlando will be tough even a tie is going to be difficult to get never mind a win.

Soccer Mum
08-05-2015, 01:47 PM
I have no faith in this team and mainly because of how many goals this team is once again giving up just like in years past, nothing has changed defensively for this team and that is why I can't see this team making the playoffs. I'm wondering when I see crap performances like we saw against New England the other night and ones like in LA further back in the season if this is not the real TFC, I hope not, it's going to be a struggle to make the playoffs there have been so many bad performances with this team this season that I don't have much faith in this team making the post season. Tonight's game against Orlando will be tough even a tie is going to be difficult to get never mind a win.

Mr. Negativity over here. I think this is the best team we have ever seen at BMO.

Areathrasher
08-05-2015, 01:58 PM

http://cdn1.sbnation.com/imported_assets/1000924/sebahafreddoxd_178206.jpg

bigredone
08-05-2015, 01:59 PM
Who is ready for tonight, had a great sleep and ready for an even better day that hopefully ending with a TFC victory this evening. Come On You Reds. We shall support them when onto the road to victor.

Little sleep, 14 hour day today, early start tomorrow, but ready as f**k for tonight.:scarf:

Areathrasher
08-05-2015, 02:00 PM
No kaka tonight

i repeat

no kaka tonight

There are some rumors floating around social media that the Lions' star midfielder, Kaká, did not make the trip. The team has not responded to requests to officially confirm his absence. Kaká did a live video feed on his Facebook page on Wednesday and appeared to be in Orlando.

Detroit_TFC
08-05-2015, 02:01 PM
I'd say the talent level is the highest it's ever been but even talented teams can get in their own way. Mental toughness the biggest challenge now, IMO.

Areathrasher
08-05-2015, 02:01 PM
The Mane Land ‏@TheManeLand (https://twitter.com/TheManeLand) 29s29 seconds ago (https://twitter.com/TheManeLand/status/629003371354189824)
"I'm not going to play tonight. Last game I had a small injury" - Kaká just now.

Detroit_TFC
08-05-2015, 02:02 PM
No kaka tonight

i repeat

no kaka tonight

There are some rumors floating around social media that the Lions' star midfielder, Kaká, did not make the trip. The team has not responded to requests to officially confirm his absence. Kaká did a live video feed on his Facebook page on Wednesday and appeared to be in Orlando.

woah, the Orlandorians aren't digging the midweek trip.

Areathrasher
08-05-2015, 02:05 PM
This thread is now a house of lies

molenshtain
08-05-2015, 02:10 PM
that's a win.

TFC/Everton
08-05-2015, 02:19 PM
WE MUST WIN TONIGHT!

In this, our second war of independence. :)

OgtheDim
08-05-2015, 02:40 PM
This thread is now a house of lies

Maybe I can option it to Netflix.

notthesun
08-05-2015, 02:41 PM
Wow, Kaka out is a massive break for us. Gotta get 3 points here.

Derko
08-05-2015, 02:43 PM
I would like to see fortress BMO arise again, and we have only given up 7 goals at home, so maybe this means something.

:flare:

molenshtain
08-05-2015, 02:44 PM
I would like to see fortress BMO arise again, and we have only given up 7 goals at home, so maybe this means something.

:flare:

means we've only played like 3 home games.

Richard
08-05-2015, 02:51 PM
Must win tonight. No excuses.

Jack
08-05-2015, 02:53 PM
Painfully true :hulk:

Oldtimer
08-05-2015, 02:58 PM
Confirmed Kaka not playing:

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/orlando-city-lions/on-the-pitch/os-orlando-city-at-toronto-fc-game-preview-20150805-post.html

JavierMartini
08-05-2015, 03:08 PM
Come on you reds!

vortexdr
08-05-2015, 03:09 PM
Real issue is that TFC has nothing but untalented scrubs on the back line. Also sort of a waste to have Altidore as a DP. Dude was and will never will be good enough for any European club....So much money wasted on him just for him being a great athlete and American (just like Bradley who is also way overrated).

As far as Kaka...he was always injury prone could never really play a game every 3 days in a Champions league squad.....Doubt that he will ever last for even a half of an MLS season. (and the schedule here is a joke with sometimes a week rest in between matches)

T-boy
08-05-2015, 03:11 PM
Altidore has been having a good season really - 7 goals in 15 games, one goal every other game is as good as a strike rate as you will ever see! Just cos he got sent off last game doesn't suddenly make him bad value, does it?!

Maaaan there is some negativity going around these hills!

Fort York Redcoat
Real issue is that TFC has nothing but untalented scrubs on the back line. Also sort of a waste to have Altidore as a DP. Dude was and will never will be good enough for any European club....So much money wasted on him just for him being a great athlete and American (just like Bradley who is also way overrated).

Lucky we don't play in Europe.

Derko

I think it is 9 but I ask those with better mathematics skills than I, lol

The glass is half full, if you don't mind :drinking:

JavierMartini
Morgan and morrow are both beasts. Remember morro has been playing out of position a lot.

Derko
08-05-2015, 03:15 PM

You have enlightened us with you 18th post, and we thank you, will you be at the match tonight to cheer on and support the team.

Derko
08-05-2015, 03:16 PM
Altidore has been having a good season really - 7 goals in 15 games, one goal every other game is as good as a strike rate as you will ever see! Just cos he got sent off last game doesn't suddenly make him bad value, does it?!

Maaaan there is some negativity going around these hills!

There are an awful lot of Negative Nancy Boys aren't there.

OgtheDim
08-05-2015, 03:21 PM

As far as Kaka......Doubt that he will ever last for even a half of an MLS season. (and the schedule here is a joke with sometimes a week rest in between matches)

You do know the season is more then half over already, right?

And when you want to have a serious discussion about MLS travel vs. European scheduling, just ask.

Just not tonight.........cause it GAME NIGHT!!!!:scarf:

Soccer Mum
08-05-2015, 03:23 PM

As far as Kaka...he was always injury prone could never really play a game every 3 days in a Champions league squad.....Doubt that he will ever last for even a half of an MLS season. (and the schedule here is a joke with sometimes a week rest in between matches)

This guy only started watching soccer in 2010 judging by the Kaka comment. Probably an Argos fan.

Secondly, no one is overrated. The quality of the American players is what a club like TFC should be targetting as they are young and can offer good things for this league.

Ultra & Proud
08-05-2015, 03:25 PM
You do know that there are more leagues in Europe besides in England, Spain, Germany, & Italy right?

And to say Bradley is overrated is a joke now. I could see it last year when he was hurt but the Bradley we have this year is what I expected. With him playing and at full strength we would not be allowing 3-4 goals per match like we are on our current ugly stretch. And that's even with Bendik in goal.

JavierMartini
08-05-2015, 03:29 PM
You have enlightened us with you 18th post, and we thank you, will you be at the match tonight to cheer on and support the team.

Idk about him but I'd love to be

SenorDingDong
08-05-2015, 03:29 PM
Good lord. Looks like the Argos fans have officially come onto the board.

https://c2.staticflickr.com/2/1216/1486203032_e3140eb754.jpg

Ruffian
08-05-2015, 03:31 PM

I'll take a bet with anybody that Toronto FC WILL make the playoffs THIS year.

Ultra & Proud
08-05-2015, 03:39 PM
I don't allow myself to say or even think things like this anymore. That type of long range positivity has been bled from my system after 8+ years of this. Plus no jinx from me.

Ruffian
08-05-2015, 03:43 PM
I don't allow myself to say or even think things like this anymore. That type of long range positivity has been bled from my system after 8+ years of this. Plus no jinx from me.

I agree we have been let down before but looking at the position we are in now and 10 of our 14 games at home this seems like an easy money and a smart bet at 1:1 odds. And there is so much negativity on this board I am hoping people put their money where their mouth is.

MartinUtd
08-05-2015, 03:59 PM

Same here. I'll believe it when I see it. We're one medium to long term Giovinco injury from blowing this... again.

Still though, it's game day and I reckon our depth is better than that of an expansion team. Let's see what Larin can do with service more akin to the national team.

Jack
08-05-2015, 03:59 PM
I know the feeling, man. :cheers::drunk:

Canary10
08-05-2015, 04:33 PM

I fucked it up last year posting this sort of thing. Not from me this year! I'm assuming the worst till the end!

Ivy
08-05-2015, 04:42 PM
I'll take you up on that... Just cuz I seem to be losing every bet possible recently.

JavierMartini
08-05-2015, 05:39 PM
We need our own playoffs entry parade

Redcoe15
08-05-2015, 05:49 PM
I fuckin' hate Orlando.

I fuckin' hate Florida.

I want TFC to savagely beat these poseurs badly with Giovinco scoring five goals against them.

ronzilla
08-05-2015, 06:08 PM
No excuses need the win.

AdamAM
08-05-2015, 06:12 PM
1 half of this team is gone without Kaka, but probably more considering the other half, Larin, relies on his service. We should count ourselves lucky that he's not playing against us, although all the people that probably bought tickets just to see him play will be pretty angry. More voices to cheer for TFC I guess!

portu
08-05-2015, 06:12 PM
Kaka trending on Twitter lol something like 22k tweets some about how happy they are to see him tonight (poor souls) and some pissed about not seeing him

ManUtd4ever
08-05-2015, 06:36 PM
No Kaka levels the playing field without our DPs. I'm more optimistic about a result.

__wowza
08-05-2015, 06:43 PM
I'm up in north bay till friday, kill it tonight folks!!

James17930
08-05-2015, 06:46 PM
Kaka is suspended or injured?

Petor
08-05-2015, 06:59 PM
https://twitter.com/torontofc/status/629064407234969600

pdubs
08-05-2015, 07:03 PM
fucking Findley... hoping for a surprise performance.

James17930
08-05-2015, 07:07 PM
Where's Morgan?

Prof
08-05-2015, 07:08 PM
live stream? 3 am in Greece woke up to watch my TFC.

James17930
08-05-2015, 07:11 PM
The streams have become very unreliable lately. The usual ones aren't working at the moment.

ronzilla
08-05-2015, 07:12 PM
http://livetv.sx/en/eventinfo/326392_toronto_orlando_city/#webplayer_ifr|241948|326392|241948|64|1|en

TorontoFC6fan
08-05-2015, 07:16 PM
Perquis does this bone head shit every game..every f$&king game he does some bone head shit.. He's been hagglund bad.

James17930
08-05-2015, 07:16 PM
http://livetv.sx/en/eventinfo/326392_toronto_orlando_city/#webplayer_ifr|241948|326392|241948|64|1|en

Yeah, I checked here. It still says 'offline'

Maybe they'll wait until kickoff.

aajking
08-05-2015, 07:17 PM
Good work by Bendik there. I thought we were toast.

pdubs
08-05-2015, 07:17 PM
Like I said I would of sat Perquis. Don't write him off but he needs to know what he is doing isn't good enough.

Jack
08-05-2015, 07:18 PM
Perquis does this bone head shit every game.. He's hagglund bad.
He's been frustrating to watch, because you can see the moments of quality, but then he does shit like that and I start to think he's not quite the player we thought he could be.

pdubs
08-05-2015, 07:19 PM
He has quality. But the boneheaded stuff has to stop.

James17930
08-05-2015, 07:22 PM
Streams are still offline ... :(

Jack
08-05-2015, 07:22 PM
He has quality. But the boneheaded stuff has to stop.
He needs to get his head on straight. Jackson hasn't looked terrible at RB tonight again. At least, so far.

Nerepis
08-05-2015, 07:23 PM
Yes!!!

Jack
Yesssssssssssss.

LOL..I almost felt sorry for Collin there.

pdubs
I love Giovinco around big lumbering defenders. LOL

Jack
08-05-2015, 07:25 PM
Bottom right corner. They know he's going there and he still beats them.

TorontoFC6fan
08-05-2015, 07:25 PM
Man our defence is soooooooo bad.

ronzilla
08-05-2015, 07:26 PM
The Giovinco show has begun

Jack
08-05-2015, 07:28 PM
I don't think I've ever seen you make a positive comment about TFC. Why do you watch? Self-flagellation?

aajking
08-05-2015, 07:29 PM
Anyone know how many rugby games BMO had over July/Aug so far? Noticing the pitch; not that it's bad but it's definitely noticeable on TV.

Jack
08-05-2015, 07:30 PM
Well...that was shit. Pure shit.

mowe
08-05-2015, 07:31 PM
We've given up SO many goals like that this season. Just can't play it out of the back.

adam1001
08-05-2015, 07:31 PM
When did our goalies become so terrible? Seemed like bendik was stuck in tar on that goal

pdubs
08-05-2015, 07:32 PM

How about good link up play in midfield from us and creating chances. We all know our backline is shite.

TorontoFC6fan
08-05-2015, 07:33 PM
Our defence is trash, trash, trash and benik is not a number 1 .. If this team makes the playoffs we'll be lucky to win a game.. Is penedo still on the market smh

pdubs
08-05-2015, 07:34 PM
I would put Konopka for Saturday unless Bendik has a monster rest of the game.

pdubs
08-05-2015, 07:34 PM
Was that Colin making the squeals on TSN? lol

TorontoFC6fan
08-05-2015, 07:35 PM
Perquis is due for a yellow any minute now.

TorontoFC6fan
08-05-2015, 07:36 PM
I would put Konopka for Saturday unless Bendik has a monster rest of the game.
Since bendik came back we've been giving up way more goals.

Jack
08-05-2015, 07:37 PM
This is where we notice that, despite being slow and old, Caldwell's leadership is sorely missed on the backline.

Jack
08-05-2015, 07:38 PM
Since bendik game back we've been giving up way more goals.
Agreed. Konopka might not be great, but I think he's more vocal with his backline and has them a bit more on their toes than Bendik.

pdubs
08-05-2015, 07:38 PM
Since bendik came back we've been giving up way more goals.

I agree. Defense does have injuries tho. Regardless doesn't hurt to give Konopka another run.

ronzilla
08-05-2015, 07:40 PM
Osorio looking good

Couchy81
08-05-2015, 07:40 PM
Despite the sketchy goalkeeping and defence, I like they way we're pressing. Got a good feeling.

Jack
08-05-2015, 07:41 PM
There have been several instances in this match where I can see the absence of Bradley. I like what Delgado has done, but no way does Bradley get pushed around as much as he does and lose possession.

TorontoFC6fan
08-05-2015, 07:42 PM
Typical Findley. fans on a tap in smh

Cashcleaner
08-05-2015, 07:42 PM
Anyone know what this is about? Can't really make it out (other than the No Argos @ BMO).

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CLr49EZWUAAdwFr.jpg:large

Nerepis
08-05-2015, 07:43 PM
Moving the ball around pretty well this last little bit.

Qman
08-05-2015, 07:44 PM
where is everyone.
my section is 30% full ... only 14-15k turnout for kaka

nonc
08-05-2015, 07:44 PM
Giovinco has put the ball on a plate for Findley twice in the last five minutes and of course Findley scrub mode can't do a thing with it.

shwade
08-05-2015, 07:46 PM
Oso needs to chill. He's getting too frustrated with himself - justifiably so..he's ruined a couple of good plays but he can't take it out on Orlando.

Jack
08-05-2015, 07:48 PM
Giovinco has put the ball on a plate for Findley twice in the last five minutes and of course Findley scrub mode can't do a thing with it.
Seriously. We need a backup forward who wears his boots on the right feet.

shwade
Nothing surprising about Findley fanning all these amazing chances. I'd be far more shocked if he actually put one away.

Jack
That was an accident, but it was still a foul on Giovinco.

TorontoFC6fan
08-05-2015, 07:49 PM
Findley is such a scrub that you have to really ask yourself how is he starting smh.

ronzilla
Fckn finley

Jack
LOL. I almost feel sorry for Findley. He gets himself in place for these chances and he just can't do anything with them. Chad Barrett?

Richard
08-05-2015, 07:52 PM
Is Hamilton worse than Findley because if so what the fuck is our academy doing, good god.

pdubs
08-05-2015, 07:54 PM
Love Cheyrou's vision.

Jack
08-05-2015, 07:55 PM
Findley is the perfect example of why Jozy Altidore gets paid as much as he does.

TorontoFC6fan
Lol at oduro having 6 goals already.

ronzilla
Damn Seba should have buried that.Want to see the replay.

TorontoFC6fan
08-05-2015, 07:58 PM
Findley and Perquis have been poor,poor,poor!

TorontoFC6fan
08-05-2015, 07:59 PM
Delgado looks like he's 16.

jloome
08-05-2015, 08:16 PM
Findley's link up and holdup play tonight has actually really helped us. He just can't do shit with the ball in the box.

TorontoFC6fan
08-05-2015, 08:18 PM
I knew his card was coming.. Perquis the type of player that should make you cringe if TFC makes the playoffs. I can easily see him picking up a red.

TorontoFC6fan
08-05-2015, 08:22 PM
Lol at the no argos@BMO sign

tfcfans
08-05-2015, 08:25 PM
Wow!

pdubs
MVP yeaaa

Jack
HA! Giovinco is fucking amazing.

ronzilla
08-05-2015, 08:26 PM
What a goal

tfcleeds
08-05-2015, 08:27 PM
YES! Now let's hold on to this!

Jack
08-05-2015, 08:28 PM
I love watching Giovinco. He is definitely not here for just a paycheque. He plays balls out every game and he shows passion.

Couchy81
Giovinco is a stud.

Warner is a dud.

TorontoFC6fan
How the hell did Warner miss that.. My god!

pdubs
08-05-2015, 08:29 PM
Warner ugh. Need that to kill the game off.

Jack
08-05-2015, 08:30 PM
LOL poor Warner. De Vos said it: That's why he's played his whole career as a defensive midfielder.

mowe
08-05-2015, 08:30 PM
Giovinco is on another planet.

LOL at that miss by Warner though.

Jack
08-05-2015, 08:32 PM
Giovinco is on another planet.

LOL at that miss by Warner though.
He's just awesome to watch.

TorontoFC6fan
08-05-2015, 08:33 PM
Perquis looks like someone that just popped 4 MDMA pills.

aajking
08-05-2015, 08:34 PM
Love the evening games. The atmosphere will be incredible once the roof is done.

CBTFC
08-05-2015, 08:35 PM
Perquis looks like someone that just popped 4 MDMA pills.

He def has the Darcy Tucker eyes right now, lol

Ultra & Proud
08-05-2015, 08:37 PM
Honestly who would you rather have at forward: Findlay or Weideman?

TorontoFC6fan
08-05-2015, 08:38 PM
Seriously get Findley the f$&k out of this game vanney.

Loyal
08-05-2015, 08:39 PM
We are playing 2 men short - Findlay is a ghost and Jackson has no brain and zero soccer sense

pdubs
08-05-2015, 08:39 PM

Weeds on like 75K so haha. If this is all Findley can off we can get it for cheaper then 250K

Jack
08-05-2015, 08:41 PM
We are playing 2 men short - Findlay is a ghost and Jackson has no brain and zero soccer sense
Jackson hasn't looked too terrible as RB. We know what to expect from him going forward, which isn't much other than lots of energy.

Hey! Findley out. Vanney must have heard you, TorontoFC6Fan.

Ultra & Proud
08-05-2015, 08:41 PM
Jackson has been playing good recently and not bad today at a dodgy position for him.

ronzilla
08-05-2015, 08:43 PM
Jackson has been okay

Couchy81
08-05-2015, 08:44 PM
Cheyrou got a yellow doing Vanneys job here

Couchy81
08-05-2015, 08:49 PM
Hahaha awesome. Love when a guy makes up for a bad miss.

pdubs
08-05-2015, 08:49 PM
LOL Warner

Jack
08-05-2015, 08:50 PM
Cheyrou got a yellow doing Vanneys job here
Captain's job?

And Warner redeems himself (just barely LOL).

pdubs
08-05-2015, 08:50 PM
Warner head to knee.

Jack
08-05-2015, 08:53 PM
Warner head to knee.
I'll take it. His third goal in 130 matches.

tfcfans
08-05-2015, 08:56 PM
GIO Hat Trick!!

pdubs
08-05-2015, 08:57 PM
Goooooooaaaaaaalllllll

Jack
08-05-2015, 08:58 PM
I'm in love.

Lennon
08-05-2015, 08:58 PM
LOL Warner

Not sure if Colin Warner or Colin Samuel g:D

Couchy81
08-05-2015, 08:59 PM
This guy is unbelievable. What a treat to watch. Best season in our history,best PLAYER to ever play for us.

TorontoFC6fan
08-05-2015, 08:59 PM
So is conte going to keep ignoring giovinco and not give him his Italy call up.

Jack
08-05-2015, 09:00 PM
This guy is unbelievable. What a treat to watch. Best season in our history,best PLAYER to ever play for us.
No question. And he wants to play here. He is enjoying it, playing with passion and giving it his all. I love it.

Ultra & Proud
08-05-2015, 09:00 PM
Got to think Lassiter's, Wondo's, & BWP's 27 goal record is at least a little under threat.

Cashcleaner
08-05-2015, 09:02 PM
And that's the ball game... 4-1 TFC.

Wow. Yet ANOTHER Hat trick for Gio and TFC picks up another 3 points against a team in the East. Is there anything he can't do? :D

Jack
08-05-2015, 09:02 PM
And Bradley and Altidore back for Saturday. This is exactly what we needed tonight.

Redcoe15
08-05-2015, 09:06 PM
gee-o!
gee-o!
gee-o!
gee-o!
gee-o!
gee-o!
gee-o!
gee-o!

69Chevy396
08-05-2015, 09:11 PM
And that's the ball game... 4-1 TFC.

Wow. Yet ANOTHER Hat trick for Gio and TFC picks up another 3 points against a team in the East. Is there anything he can't do? :D
Got to love Giovinco. He is an MLS superstar. However, watching him play reminds me just how far behind this league is in world football, when a top 100 player can come here and completely dominate the way he does.

ronzilla
08-05-2015, 09:11 PM
Another hat-trick
Leads the MLS table for goals
Broke the club record for most goals in a season.

No doubt MVP !

:scarf:

ManUtd4ever
08-05-2015, 09:12 PM
Dominant effort. The score should have been even more lopsided.

Giovinco is the class of the league without a doubt.

PopePouri
08-05-2015, 09:15 PM
LOL poor Warner. De Vos said it: That's why he's played his whole career as a defensive midfielder.

This is why I think De Vos can't really evaluate talent. He's more box-to-box with a good defensive workrate. He was banging the "Warner is a DM" drum earlier this year.

Petor
08-05-2015, 09:21 PM
gee-o!
gee-o!
gee-o!
gee-o!
gee-o!
gee-o!
gee-o!
gee-o!

http://o.aolcdn.com/dims-shared/dims3/GLOB/legacy_thumbnail/800x450/format/jpg/quality/85/http://www.blogcdn.com/www.autoblog.com/media/2008/05/4dec_12_opt.jpg

TorontoFC6fan
08-05-2015, 09:24 PM
Wtf lol

Stress
08-05-2015, 09:30 PM
Gio = Joe. Think seba is the short form we're looking for.

Eastend
08-05-2015, 09:36 PM
Another hat-trick
Leads the MLS table for goals
Broke the club record for most goals in a season.

No doubt MVP !

:scarf:

With 14 games left!!

Dom

Alonso
08-05-2015, 09:37 PM
I'm in love.

Me too.

Serious man crush being started right here.

WestStandGeoff
08-05-2015, 09:37 PM
Anyone know what this is about? Can't really make it out (other than the No Argos @ BMO).

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CLr49EZWUAAdwFr.jpg:large

My best guess, it looks like:
Football without Ultras is nothing [wasted?] a distraction

OgtheDim
08-05-2015, 09:38 PM
Crowd was loud and awesomeness on a stick.

West side is starting to follow the south chants.

Was definitely 26k. Roll on Saturday.

Loyal
08-05-2015, 09:38 PM
However, watching him play reminds me just how far behind this league is in world football, when a top 100 player can come here and completely dominate the way he does.

How many other DP's are dominating like he is? Answer - none!

aajking
08-05-2015, 09:41 PM
Amazing performance again by Seba. Jackson has definitely improved; with his positioning I hope Vanney and him are working on his crossing. Warner was a bit iffy but I'm glad he was able to redeem himself. Great work altogether getting this match solified.

PopePouri
08-05-2015, 09:43 PM
Wow. Match stats tell the story.

http://matchcenter.mlssoccer.com/matchcenter/2015-08-05-toronto-fc-vs-orlando-city-sc/stats

Redcoe15
08-05-2015, 09:44 PM
Just checked the updated standings. If the season were to end tonight, Toronto would host Montreal in the first round of the playoffs.

:eek6: :devil:

Stress
08-05-2015, 09:55 PM
My best guess, it looks like:
Football without Ultras is nothing [wasted?] a distraction

Said "football is nothing without ultras justice for district ultras"

Jack
08-05-2015, 09:59 PM
This is why I think De Vos can't really evaluate talent. He's more box-to-box with a good defensive workrate. He was banging the "Warner is a DM" drum earlier this year.
My point was, he's more of a defensive player, as his goal record (and both of his chances today-goal included) would seem to show.

Areathrasher
08-05-2015, 09:59 PM
Wieds without a doubt.

That was fecking amazing tonight

OgtheDim
08-05-2015, 10:00 PM
DCU support. Respect that.

Canary10
08-05-2015, 10:18 PM
Really enjoyed that game. First one back since my daughter was born in early June. Crowd was big and loud. Seba. Well, I've never seen a hat trick at BMO. At least from us! Great win. Oso deserves some plaudits too. Had a great game.

Thomas
08-05-2015, 10:22 PM
Give some credit when it is due supporter

BakaGaijin
08-05-2015, 10:25 PM
I'm glad Vanney read my post made during the Columbus game and started playing short corners. Finally, we scored from a corner kick on a short corner.

PopePouri
08-05-2015, 10:38 PM
The whole midfield 4 were outstanding. Ceren and Higuita were chasing shadows the whole game.

__wowza
08-05-2015, 10:42 PM
Just checked the updated standings. If the season were to end tonight, Toronto would host Montreal in the first round of the playoffs.

:eek6: :devil:

this makes me moister than an oyster.

tfcocd
08-05-2015, 10:56 PM
I fuckin' hate Orlando.

I fuckin' hate Florida.

I want TFC to savagely beat these poseurs badly with Giovinco scoring five goals against them.

Not too far off in the end! Y:scarf:

bigredone
08-05-2015, 11:09 PM
MVP yeaaa

MVP chant broke out after the hat trick. Loud and proud!!!

Redcoe15
08-05-2015, 11:21 PM
Not too far off in the end! Y:scarf:

Yeah I know, the fuckin' goldbricker! :smilewinkgrin:

notthesun
08-05-2015, 11:21 PM
Osorio has looked really sharp lately. Loved his play today. Always a comforting feeling to see him on the ball.

Warner was his usual dependable self and Cheyrou was fantastic, a good bounce back performance from him.

Defensively we were extremely solid in the 2nd half. Hopefully the start of a trend there. Credit to Jackson for doing a solid job filling in at RB (also nice to have an attacking RB again - Morgan & Morrow is probably our best bet for now but it hurts that Morrow isn't able to apply much pressure down the right flank on his off-foot).

Nothing to say that hasn't already been said about Giovinco. Give him the MVP trophy right fucking now.

Only negative from today is Findley proving he is just not at this level anymore. If that's the performance you put in in a game as open as this, you're pretty much done. Chapman should be starting in his place from now on.

Richard
08-05-2015, 11:44 PM
Jays and TFC win, its a great fucking night.

GuelphStorm2007
08-05-2015, 11:46 PM
Giovinco MVP enough said. I was glad to see there were 26000 at the BMO tonight especially since it is a Wednesday and The Jay's who are getting all the major attention were playing the same time just down the road.

GuelphStorm2007
08-05-2015, 11:47 PM

Hopefully all the Jays success will rub off on TFC...

molenshtain
08-06-2015, 12:23 AM
tonight was beautiful. I love this team, I love this city, I love all of you.

Let's take the championship.

Pint
08-06-2015, 12:29 AM
this makes me moister than an oyster.

This makes me put a deposit down with a good lawyer

Super
08-06-2015, 02:10 AM
In Denmark on vacation. Woke up to the result. BRAVO TFC! BRAVO GIOVINCO!

flatpicker
08-06-2015, 03:14 AM
In Denmark on vacation. Woke up to the result. BRAVO TFC! BRAVO GIOVINCO!

Did the same here in Bath, UK. Great news to wake up to! Giovinco is wonderful!

OgtheDim
08-06-2015, 06:34 AM
Day after thoughts:

Giovinco just scores, which is rare anywhere and really really rare in MLS. And he is becoming a leader on this team. After we got to 3, he was yelling at his teammates before a corner to concentrate. And he's really supportive of efforts. In a couple of seasons, vice captain.

Cyle Larin is a beast. I can see why he has so many goals. Unfinished product in so many ways and really needs to work on his aerial game but that guy should go to Europe in the next couple of years.

Can't complain about the refs. Got the calls right, by and large. Petrescu lets stuff go until he needs to step in and gives players lots of warning. Its obvious the leg has told PRO refs to not allow the NYCFC and DCU thuggery on Giovinco to happen.

Osorio and Warner both had great games as shuttlers and are our starters out there. Anybody lamenting either of them isn't seeing the work they are doing off the ball. Neither of them can create seperation off the dribble around the box but both can get out of jams.

Orlando is built in Heath's image - big and bruising. He is going for size and weight all over the park. Problem is, the quality of the play is just not there apart from Kaka and Larin. Very physical team, but not in a dirty way. BUT, Heath's stare down of Vanney after the early yellow made me want to punch his face - that was so obviously deliberate, glad Petrescu stamped down on that right away.

Cheyrou is just sweet to watch. His pass to Giovinco on the 4th goal was typical. Great vision to see the route. The throughball in the first half for the break away the Seba was stopped on was sublime.

Delgado had a few great passes but he got muscled off the ball a lot. Will be happy to see Bradley on Saturday. Bradley spent the game on the bench, btw.

Findley was poor on the ball. That sequence in the first half where he shot twice - he looked like a 6 year old trying to poke the ball towards the goal. He was quite a handful in the air against Heathe and Collin. I would put him above most strikers we have had simply because he worked his butt off. But, he's not worth his cap hit. Would prefer Chapman up there for an extended run.

Jackson was suddenly Brazilian. His ball control was excellent. His positioning as a RB was great. His defensive work rate was good. His crossing was no worse then most RB's we've had. I LIKE him at RB. Now, this was against a team that wasn't targeting him and a guy like Silva would have his jock strap. But, he's a servicable RB in the proper situation.

Morrow is good. He knew he didn't close down the pass for their goal and was kicking himself for that. But, apart from that, I didn't see him do much wrong at all. Dangerous down the left and consistantly beat their RB. Found space. Got us out of a few jams deep in our end.

Kantari played much better when Perquis was subbed. Not a defensive rock, but a decent #2. Perquis is not a #1 defender and I would like to see a trade for one today but I can't see that happening. Will be interesting to see Zaveletta and Kantari on Saturday - I have hopes for that pairing. One thing rarely talked about is Perquis passing ability - he's quite good at it. Kantari is getting there too. Work in progress all around.

Bendik saved our bacon on a couple of occasions (although he should have saved that goal), especially on that really early break away for Larin. His distribution was not as bad as normal.

Nothing to complain about that game. We know the CD's are an issue, and Findley is not worth his pay. And, we win, when we should, against a bad team. Saturday will be another matter.

Derko
08-06-2015, 06:52 AM

I don't know but those untalented scrubs put on a clinic last night, so go blow it out of your ass

69Chevy396
08-06-2015, 07:13 AM
However, watching him play reminds me just how far behind this league is in world football, when a top 100 player can come here and completely dominate the way he does.

How many other DP's are dominating like he is? Answer - none!
Clearly, that has more to do with the fact he is still in his prime, where most others were not. Imagine MLS with 20 Giovinco's, 20 Bradleys, etc.....that is the difference between MLS and Serie A.

Fort York Redcoat
08-06-2015, 07:56 AM
So is conte going to keep ignoring giovinco and not give him his Italy call up.

How many get the call that don't play in Italy?

greatwhitenorf
08-06-2015, 08:16 AM

Even greater - the Intercounty Maple Leafs baseball team came back from a 12-0 deficit in the fifth inning to win 16-15 - scoring 3 in the bottom of the 11th - and take a 3-1 lead over Brantford in their playoff series.

Oldtimer
08-06-2015, 08:36 AM

Our defence is trash, trash, trash and benik is not a number 1 .. If this team makes the playoffs we'll be lucky to win a game.. Is penedo still on the market smh

It would be great if you three weren't so negative in the future, but that would be wishing for too much.

Canary10
08-06-2015, 08:39 AM
Still buzzing over seeing my first hat trick at BMO. Great night.

That was also the first I've seen Larin live. Really surprised at his size. Looks like he's got all the tools.

TheGoodson
08-06-2015, 08:48 AM
Morrow had a shocker of a game last night... By far the worst game I have ever seen him play. Maybe it's time to sit him and get him to reset and start Morgan.

I think that there is really nothing more to add about Seba, the guy is unbelievable. MVP!!!!

Kudos to the supporters last night was one the loudest I have heard the southend in a long time... Bring on KC

anto7
08-06-2015, 08:58 AM
Day after thoughts:

Giovinco just scores, which is rare anywhere and really really rare in MLS. And he is becoming a leader on this team. After we got to 3, he was yelling at his teammates before a corner to concentrate. And he's really supportive of efforts. In a couple of seasons, vice captain.

Cyle Larin is a beast. I can see why he has so many goals. Unfinished product in so many ways and really needs to work on his aerial game but that guy should go to Europe in the next couple of years.

Can't complain about the refs. Got the calls right, by and large. Petrescu lets stuff go until he needs to step in and gives players lots of warning. Its obvious the leg has told PRO refs to not allow the NYCFC and DCU thuggery on Giovinco to happen.

Osorio and Warner both had great games as shuttlers and are our starters out there. Anybody lamenting either of them isn't seeing the work they are doing off the ball. Neither of them can create seperation off the dribble around the box but both can get out of jams.

Orlando is built in Heath's image - big and bruising. He is going for size and weight all over the park. Problem is, the quality of the play is just not there apart from Kaka and Larin. Very physical team, but not in a dirty way. BUT, Heath's stare down of Vanney after the early yellow made me want to punch his face - that was so obviously deliberate, glad Petrescu stamped down on that right away.

Cheyrou is just sweet to watch. His pass to Giovinco on the 4th goal was typical. Great vision to see the route. The throughball in the first half for the break away the Seba was stopped on was sublime.

Delgado had a few great passes but he got muscled off the ball a lot. Will be happy to see Bradley on Saturday. Bradley spent the game on the bench, btw.

Findley was poor on the ball. That sequence in the first half where he shot twice - he looked like a 6 year old trying to poke the ball towards the goal. He was quite a handful in the air against Heathe and Collin. I would put him above most strikers we have had simply because he worked his butt off. But, he's not worth his cap hit. Would prefer Chapman up there for an extended run.

Jackson was suddenly Brazilian. His ball control was excellent. His positioning as a RB was great. His defensive work rate was good. His crossing was no worse then most RB's we've had. I LIKE him at RB. Now, this was against a team that wasn't targeting him and a guy like Silva would have his jock strap. But, he's a servicable RB in the proper situation.

Morrow is good. He knew he didn't close down the pass for their goal and was kicking himself for that. But, apart from that, I didn't see him do much wrong at all. Dangerous down the left and consistantly beat their RB. Found space. Got us out of a few jams deep in our end.

Kantari played much better when Perquis was subbed. Not a defensive rock, but a decent #2. Perquis is not a #1 defender and I would like to see a trade for one today but I can't see that happening. Will be interesting to see Zaveletta and Kantari on Saturday - I have hopes for that pairing. One thing rarely talked about is Perquis passing ability - he's quite good at it. Kantari is getting there too. Work in progress all around.

Bendik saved our bacon on a couple of occasions (although he should have saved that goal), especially on that really early break away for Larin. His distribution was not as bad as normal.

Nothing to complain about that game. We know the CD's are an issue, and Findley is not worth his pay. And, we win, when we should, against a bad team. Saturday will be another matter.

Excellent analysis my man

notthesun
08-06-2015, 08:59 AM
Reminder that we grabbed Delgado at 14th in the dispersal draft, with 3 of the 6 players picked before him no longer in the league and 7 teams passing on him before us. What an absolute steal, it's hard to imagine the rest of the league laying such an egg on this one. Smart, hard-working, careful in possession and he has a deceptively solid touch. Took the ball down beautifully a handful of times last night.

Detroit_TFC
08-06-2015, 09:40 AM
Reminder that we grabbed Delgado at 14th in the dispersal draft, with 3 of the 6 players picked before him no longer in the league and 7 teams passing on him before us. What an absolute steal, it's hard to imagine the rest of the league laying such an egg on this one. Smart, hard-working, careful in possession and he has a deceptively solid touch. Took the ball down beautifully a handful of times last night.

I'm becoming a huge fan of Delgado. Didn't see much last night from him to complain about - wasn't perfect but brings a lot.

C.Ronaldo
08-06-2015, 10:21 AM
you cant compare "All Go Findley" with No Style Cyle

Orlando should be very afraid

But I agree, the point/(s) will have to come from our Mids

SoSo Findley lived up to my expectations....uh and to top off he got lazy when it came time to chase balls down. :facepalm:

Sorry OgtheDim, just dont agree with your assessment.

C.Ronaldo
08-06-2015, 10:22 AM
I'm becoming a huge fan of Delgado. Didn't see much last night from him to complain about - wasn't perfect but brings a lot.

shoulda had that header from Jackson, who in my opinion outside of Seba was MOM

C.Ronaldo
08-06-2015, 10:26 AM
Morrow had a shocker of a game last night... By far the worst game I have ever seen him play. Maybe it's time to sit him and get him to reset and start Morgan.

I think that there is really nothing more to add about Seba, the guy is unbelievable. MVP!!!!

Kudos to the supporters last night was one the loudest I have heard the southend in a long time... Bring on KC

Yah, morrow had cement boots on last night

molenshtain
08-06-2015, 10:26 AM
Findley was pretty active, just rarely was creative when he had the ball and failed to get into good positions when he didn't. He worked hard though.

C.Ronaldo
08-06-2015, 10:38 AM
Wieds without a doubt.

That was fecking amazing tonight

Wieds

Better commercials and he runs his skinny butt off. Great for a good practice session

barticusz
08-06-2015, 10:55 AM
I'm so very happy to see Osorio putting out consistently good performances. Our whole midfield was wonderful to watch, Delgado is playing great, Warner has been absolutely fantastic this year and Cheyrou is.. well Cheyrou.. Great vision last night.

It'll be interesting to see who gets replaced when Bradley is back. You've got to think that whomever it is they will still see some minutes off the bench.

molenshtain
08-06-2015, 10:56 AM
I'm so very happy to see Osorio putting out consistently good performances. Our whole midfield was wonderful to watch, Delgado is playing great, Warner has been absolutely fantastic this year and Cheyrou is.. well Cheyrou.. Great vision last night.

It'll be interesting to see who gets replaced when Bradley is back. You've got to think that whomever it is they will still see some minutes off the bench.

it'll be Delgado.

hulkrogan
08-06-2015, 11:00 AM
When Issey went for Warner, I was kind of choked. Despite looking at him in a negative light, he's turned into one of those guys I inexplicably really like and root for. Pretty decent with the ball at his feet. Good at finding his way out of trouble. Rarely gambles and costs us. And the way he reacts after he scores? He was just loving it out there. Even better was how his teammates reacted when he scored. They all obviously love the guy.

Jackson is another one. You can tell he gets frustrated when his technique lets him down, but man does he care out there. He's playing confident now, a la Morgan, and it is showing. He's had some of our best crosses this season (I know, lots of not so good ones in between, but you can't deny they've improved). His service to Delgado last night was incredible. Too bad it wasn't finished.

Go team!

shwade
08-06-2015, 11:39 AM
I hope Delgado doesn't lose his spot. He's been really good out there and getting better every game. Working alongside bradley should help him even more.
Oso was good out there but his energy off the bench might be better.

Joe Kool
08-06-2015, 11:45 AM

Pretty sure alot of teams passed on him due to being injured at the time of the dispersal draft and alot of critics saying he wouldn't live up to his potential after he recuperated even though he did ok with Chivas and was on the US U20 team prior to injury.

ManUtd4ever
08-06-2015, 12:07 PM
I prefer Osorio as a starter. He has been the second best creative attacking player for us in the offensive third of the pitch.

OgtheDim
08-06-2015, 12:24 PM
Delgado will be off the bench and becomes the sub for Osorio and Warner. Basically moves Lovitz or Creavalle off the bench.

anto7
08-06-2015, 01:04 PM
And I think Vanney deserves a little praise too for last night. I think he chose exactly the right line up, could have been tempted to bring Morgan back in but stuck with Jackson who deserved to keep his place.
i think the subs were done well too. Findlay did work hard even if he did not contribute too much to the play, but a fresh pair of legs were needed so taking him off and replacing him with Chapman was a good move.
I am not sure if Perquis was injured, I don't think so, Vanney knew he was suspended for Sat so it was a good idea to give Zavelleta some minutes with Kantari in prep for Sat.
And the game as sealed by time we made the last sub so may as well give Lovitz a little run out.
All around a great performance from everyone last night, thoroughly enjoyable match and the noise from the crowd was awesome.

Borga
08-06-2015, 03:16 PM
I think Warner goes to the bench when Bradley returns. Cheyrou plays DM and Bradley moves up the field, they don't need another DM. Delgado has looked great since he started getting minutes, I think they will continue to roll him out there.

barticusz
08-06-2015, 03:25 PM
I guess it all depends on if we need more defensive cover (warner) or if we want to push forward in attack (delgado). I wouldn't be suprised to see Osorio sit too though.

molenshtain
08-06-2015, 03:34 PM
Warner is key in providing balance in that midfield. He needs to start.