PDA

View Full Version : Game 21 Kaka Comes A Calling TFC vs Orlando Wednesday 8pm TSN

Pages : 1 [2]

Jack
08-06-2015, 03:43 PM
Warner is key in providing balance in that midfield. He needs to start.
Agreed. Delgado has looked good, but I think Bradley pushes him to the bench. It's a nice option to have, though.

Auzzy
08-06-2015, 03:48 PM
I was at the game, loved it, and I didn't browse through the thread until now. Great result considering how some important players were missing for TFC. I couldn't believe how much Jackson was running, unbelievable effort, and still decent on the ball, or defending, whatever he had to do at the moment.

I loved how Seba used the European hand signal after he scored the hat trick. Holds up three fingers as follows: thumb, index finger, and middle finger. (Not index finger, middle finger, and ring finger, as is more common in North America.)

Hilarious how TorontoFC6fan and a few others get real quiet when things are suddenly going good. They're only happy when they're unhappy, I guess...

Soccerpro
08-06-2015, 03:54 PM
Great game by Giovinco. Still have no faith in our defence, specifically Perquis...

C.Ronaldo
08-06-2015, 04:10 PM
I was at the game, loved it, and I didn't browse through the thread until now. Great result considering how some important players were missing for TFC. I couldn't believe how much Jackson was running, unbelievable effort, and still decent on the ball, or defending, whatever he had to do at the moment.

I loved how Seba used the European hand signal after he scored the hat trick. Holds up three fingers as follows: thumb, index finger, and middle finger. (Not index finger, middle finger, and ring finger, as is more common in North America.)

Hilarious how TorontoFC6fan and a few others get real quiet when things are suddenly going good. They're only happy when they're unhappy, I guess...

thats actually a thing? i thought i just learn to count weird

charlieocc
08-06-2015, 04:15 PM
Was in the bunker yesterday, hell of an atmosphere for a Wednesday night. Seba really seemed to be feeding off the south end last night.

We need Jozy back, Findley cannot be a regular starter

tfcocd
08-06-2015, 04:16 PM
I guess it all depends on if we need more defensive cover (warner) or if we want to push forward in attack (delgado). I wouldn't be suprised to see Osorio sit too though.

This is a 'nice ' problem for the team to have. Competition for places due to midfield depth. Hopefully this kind of problem spreads to other areas in the lineup.

Oldtimer
08-06-2015, 04:25 PM
Great game by Giovinco. Still have no faith in our defence, specifically Perquis...

You still had to make it negative, didn't you? Wow. After a 4-1 win at that.

Soccerpro
08-06-2015, 09:34 PM
You still had to make it negative, didn't you? Wow. After a 4-1 win at that.

sorry, carebears, ponies, smiling faces!

it is what it is, and it's been proven to not be good enough at the back end this year.

nonc
08-06-2015, 10:42 PM
Another game another bad goal by Bendik. I don't know if I prefer Konopka, just an observation....

Giovinco is unbelievable what else can you say.

Ivy
08-06-2015, 10:58 PM
Another game another bad goal by Bendik. I don't know if I prefer Konopka, just an observation....

Giovinco is unbelievable what else can you say.
no way any goalie would have saved that.

portu
08-06-2015, 11:09 PM
Lol that was really bad keeping by bendik there really should have done better, aside from the goal he looked dare I say good, no way Konopka gets the start

molenshtain
08-07-2015, 02:29 AM
Bendik also saved our asses about a minute earlier on Larin's breakaway. Let's remember that when judging his performance.

ag futbol
08-07-2015, 05:33 AM
Was in the bunker yesterday, hell of an atmosphere for a Wednesday night. Seba really seemed to be feeding off the south end last night.

We need Jozy back, Findley cannot be a regular starter
We need to tweak our roster a bit at the forward spot. Would suggest adding an annoying pest like a Sandoval or someone like findley who has speed but has a better sense of the game.

Outstanding game by the majority of the team. Fingers crossed Jackson can stay consistent at the RB spot.

OgtheDim
08-07-2015, 06:30 AM
I'm no fan of the current CD pairing and think it needs improvement BUT that Defence pretty much shut down Orlando in the second half.

I'd like to see Zaveletta and Kantari on Saturday with Morrow and Morgan. Against SKC's harrying 4-3-3, that's a good test.

BuSaPuNk
08-07-2015, 07:21 AM

It as just bad positioning he was a little too forward to get over to make the save on the goal.

If he was a little deeper in his goal i think he would have been able to get there. Probably alot to do with getting hos feet back to starting week in and week out.

TheGoodson
08-07-2015, 07:44 AM
I find it strange that everyone puts that goal on Bendik, IMO is that goal is all on Morrow, because he had the ball with time and decides to pass the ball to the opposition.

I find the hate for any of our goalies is over the top. In the MLS there is maybe 3 great goalies, the balance are all average with there own flaws.

Oldtimer
08-07-2015, 08:12 AM
sorry, carebears, ponies, smiling faces!

it is what it is, and it's been proven to not be good enough at the back end this year.

Cyle Larin scored 5 goals in two games before playing Toronto. The back end needs improvement for sure, but it's not quite the crap fest that you make it out to be. Most MLS squads are strong on offense and weak on defense.

C.Ronaldo
08-07-2015, 09:07 AM
I find it strange that everyone puts that goal on Bendik, IMO is that goal is all on Morrow, because he had the ball with time and decides to pass the ball to the opposition.

I find the hate for any of our goalies is over the top. In the MLS there is maybe 3 great goalies, the balance are all average with there own flaws.

The shot is morrow's fault, the goal is bendiks.

Thats an every day save, the beard man would have saved it based on his height (not that I think hes the starting goalie to solve the problem), he just looses focus.

Jack
08-07-2015, 09:33 AM
The shot is morrow's fault, the goal is bendiks.

Thats an every day save, the beard man would have saved it based on his height (not that I think hes the starting goalie to solve the problem), he just looses focus.
Morrow takes the blame for coughing up the ball, but the overall coverage on the entire play was suspect.

SenorDingDong
08-07-2015, 10:55 AM

If Bendik was positioned properly and standing on his line he perrys the ball to the right, no question.

Yea the shot came from a giveaway by our D, but Bendik has the ability to make that save.

Abou Sky
08-07-2015, 02:17 PM
If Bendik was positioned properly and standing on his line he perrys the ball to the right, no question.

Yea the shot came from a giveaway by our D, but Bendik has the ability to make that save.

See, that is kind of my thing with Bendik, he makes the odd save amazing, but he is SUPPOSED to make at least one or two of those per game.

We won 4-1, but I would still take Tally Hall over Bendik every day of the week.

On another note, my cousin from Brazil who is a soccer fanatic (Santos season ticket holder, I think he said they call themselves Santanistas)

That game was exceptional atmosphere, but he said straight out that it was as good of an ambiance (atmosphere) as any game in Brazil.

I think that we should all give ourselves a pat on the back for that one! :)

Red I
08-07-2015, 02:57 PM
Morrow takes the blame for coughing up the ball, but the overall coverage on the entire play was suspect.

Warner went for a jog on that play, there were bodies there that lost a man; not an individual mistake

Jack
08-07-2015, 05:22 PM
Warner went for a jog on that play, there were bodies there that lost a man; not an individual mistake
Yep. You should've heard me yelling at my monitor. My wife gave me shit for that one g:D

molenshtain
08-07-2015, 05:23 PM
Cheyrou isn't as good defensively as we think. Teams regularly send late runners into his zone and he has no idea how to mark them. It's a consistent problem.

nonc
08-08-2015, 03:57 PM
Then imo you've been fooled by bad goalkeeping. It's a routine save with better technique and positioning.

Bendik also saved our asses about a minute earlier on Larin's breakaway. Let's remember that when judging his performance.
I don't comprehend this argument. The nature of the goalkeeper is to make routine saves and some difficult saves. Making one difficult save does not rectify letting in goals that shouldn't happen on a consistent basis. To me that's the definition of bad goalkeeping, anyway.