PDA

View Full Version : Ryan Johnston-Getting into soccer specifics

denime
07-25-2008, 06:14 AM
Getting into soccer specifics

TORONTO -- To begin, I would like to point out that my credibility as a soccer blogger went up exponentially on Thursday after me and a collection of other media members raised the Media Cup at BMO Field.

In the final we defeated a team that included Sportsnet's own Craig Forrest and some part-time player called Steve Nash.

In all seriousness, Nash is an unbelievable talent, but more so a great ambassador for the game in Canada. Commissioner Don Garber is keen to get the NBA player on board in some capacity, (http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/LAC.20080724.MSLEXPANSION24/TPStory/Sports) which hopefully means a franchise in Vancouver at some point.

The premise for the media game was really a clever way to assemble the local and traveling media in the city for a presentation of FieldTurf, the surface of choice at BMO Field.

Now, I understand their enthusiasm for the product, but during the entire 20-minute presentation I got the feeling the marketing reps were trying to convince the assembled group that FieldTurf is 'actually really good.'

Read more (http://www.sportsnet.ca/soccer/blogs/2008/07/24/johnston_getting_into_soccer_specifics/)

markus
07-25-2008, 08:45 AM
Finally someone hit the jackpot!!!....truth about field turf…and why players don’t want to play on this crap….forget injuries…

“The experience I have playing on it was positive, with the only complaint being that the ball just does not react the same upon impact as it would with real grass. It tends to get away quickly, or an unnatural spin is created.”

TFCREDNWHITE
07-25-2008, 07:34 PM
Finally someone hit the jackpot!!!....truth about field turf…and why players don’t want to play on this crap….forget injuries…

“The experience I have playing on it was positive, with the only complaint being that the ball just does not react the same upon impact as it would with real grass. It tends to get away quickly, or an unnatural spin is created.”

You won't be able to stop it! and with new generations of FieldTurf getting EVEN better, everyone and every team will have it one day(probably by 2025) Its a reveloutionary product that will get better and better!!