PDA

View Full Version : Game 20 - Reds Rolling on the Carpet - NER hosts TFC Saturday August 1 7:30 pm

Pages : [1] 2

OgtheDim
07-26-2015, 04:05 PM
Interesting game. NER is all out of sorts but dangerously funky - one of these games they are going to start on a roll.

Speculation from Larson that Giovinco will miss this game.
Bradley back.
Kantari in, but maybe not game fit for 90 minutes yes.
Vanney said last night that Morgan should be back for this game.
Warner out with accumulated yellows.

Fort York Redcoat
07-26-2015, 04:08 PM
Moore or Findley to start??

Richard
07-26-2015, 04:53 PM
You know I rather we sit Altidore, Giovinco, Morgan, oh an maybe not start our new CB, because the turf monster is real, and its hungry.

Seriously though I think TFC should write this game off, loose the battle but win the war. Otherwise just stuff the midfield and play a 4-5-1.

Ivy
07-26-2015, 05:14 PM
Rubbish. Play it to win it. 3-0 TFC.

Pint
07-26-2015, 06:03 PM
Jozy should stay home, no need to risk him on that surface.

Ossington Mental Youth
07-26-2015, 06:20 PM
Rubbish. Play it to win it.

always and forever.
especially when the conference is so tight

molenshtain
07-26-2015, 07:05 PM
Great game to play the young guys. Get everyone ready to go for the ten of 14 home stretch. NER isn't playing particularly well right now and letting Chapman, Moore, Delgado Hagglund (if possible), Simonin etc. to get playing time. of our first 11 I'd probably only play Giovinco, Osorio maybe morrow, maybe perquis. Who's in net is a toss up too.

Lennon
07-26-2015, 07:18 PM
You know I rather we sit Altidore, Giovinco, Morgan, oh an maybe not start our new CB, because the turf monster is real, and its hungry.

Seriously though I think TFC should write this game off, loose the battle but win the war. Otherwise just stuff the midfield and play a 4-5-1.

Jozy should stay home, no need to risk him on that surface.

Great game to play the young guys. Get everyone ready to go for the ten of 14 home stretch. NER isn't playing particularly well right now and letting Chapman, Moore, Delgado Hagglund (if possible), Simonin etc. to get playing time. of our first 11 I'd probably only play Giovinco, Osorio maybe morrow, maybe perquis. Who's in net is a toss up too.

I'm starting a league and I'm looking for owners. You guys in? My team will play on turf.

Fort York Redcoat
07-26-2015, 10:05 PM
Seba is not definite for this one anyway and the sched gets packed in Aug.

I look forward to watching Jeremy Hall again play on another team.

Initial B
07-27-2015, 10:32 AM
I'm thinking 3-1 for the Revs as our backline tries to come to an understanding and no Seba up front.

Fort York Redcoat
07-27-2015, 11:20 AM
I'm thinking 3-1 for the Revs as our backline tries to come to an understanding and no Seba up front.

I'm hoping you're as accurate as last time we faced them. I love that you still make predictions though. :scarf:

I'm thinking they'll announce it Saturday afternoon just before the next group of NHL playoff games start and while TFC is losing to NER.

portu
07-27-2015, 11:34 AM
Expecting Perquis to be suspended sometime today or tomorrow for that elbow he threw into a Crew player's face early in the first half on Saturday

Areathrasher
07-27-2015, 12:03 PM
Anyone else think Kantari plays for TFC II tomorrow night?

He hasn't played since May, cant just throw him in against the Revs.

pdubs
07-27-2015, 12:40 PM
I usually have the mantra if healthy play everyone, maximize the points. But if Giovinco has a legit knock (and not a get-out-of-the-allstar-game one) then probably rest him on that painted concrete. Seeing an away game without Giovinco would both be scary and telling. Priority is winning the home games in busy August so idk. Promote caution this time for me.

Jozy needs a strike partner tho. Moore has good hold up play and Jozy likes the ball at his feet.

The gamble we took on Robbie Findley was for times like these. 250k player that can play out wide and as a ST and give us quality starts behind Jozy and Giovinco. He hasn't shown anything.

I would almost prefer Osorio as a CF with Altidore uptop and see what happens. We saw Moore a ton last year when Defoe was out. Findley blah. Dike is in no-mans land and Hamilton is struggling with TFC II.

portu
07-27-2015, 12:59 PM
Bendik; Morgan, Kantari, Zavaleta, Morrow; Lovitz, Delgado, Cheyrou, Jackson; Bradley; Altidore

i fully expect Damien to be suspended and if Giovinco is out we could go 4-2-3-1 with Cheyrou and Delgado in the pivot and Michael free-roaming

OgtheDim
07-27-2015, 01:25 PM
...i fully expect Damien to be suspended and if Giovinco is out we could go 4-2-3-1 with Cheyrou and Delgado in the pivot and Michael free-roaming

Where have you seen discussion of that foul...I didn't even notice it during the run of play.

portu
07-27-2015, 01:37 PM
Where have you seen discussion of that foul...I didn't even notice it during the run of play.
It was the yellow card he picked up, check Larsons Twitter feed he said himself he's expecting Damien to pick up at least a fine, commentators were surprised it wasn't a red
it was just such a blatant elbow to the head, and off the ball as well in the 20th minute

Ultra & Proud
07-27-2015, 01:52 PM
It was the yellow card he picked up, check Larsons Twitter feed he said himself he's expecting Damien to pick up at least a fine, commentators were surprised it wasn't a red
it was just such a blatant elbow to the head, and off the ball as well in the 20th minute
If I recall these types of elbows to the head were completely legal as PRO said back when we played NYCFC. Perquis is just following the outlines that PRO provided him in after the incident when he was elbowed in the back of the head. So to be consistent with past rulings, Perquis shouldn't even be fined, the other guy should.

OgtheDim
07-27-2015, 03:22 PM
Kurtis Larson ‏@KurtLarSUN (https://twitter.com/KurtLarSUN) 3m3 minutes ago (https://twitter.com/KurtLarSUN/status/625761357376454657) Toronto FC was somewhat concerned with Giovinco's heel injury. Sounds like he'll attend and play Wednesday night.

Seba plays on Saturday.

Mateo1985
07-27-2015, 03:26 PM
I hope he doesn't play that all star joke game though

Initial B
07-27-2015, 04:20 PM
I'm hoping you're as accurate as last time we faced them. I love that you still make predictions though. :scarf:
Yeah, I hope so too. :D
But seriously, our defence is a mess. If NER gets their act together it could be painful this weekend.

molenshtain
07-27-2015, 04:24 PM

OgtheDim
07-28-2015, 06:17 AM

FWIW, Borg didn't show it in his usual "I'd call that a red card" fest. He had some ridiculous idea about a foul by Jackson from behind but nothing on Perquis.

Fort York Redcoat
07-28-2015, 07:28 AM
Kurtis Larson ‏@KurtLarSUN (https://twitter.com/KurtLarSUN) 3m3 minutes ago (https://twitter.com/KurtLarSUN/status/625761357376454657) Toronto FC was somewhat concerned with Giovinco's heel injury. Sounds like he'll attend and play Wednesday night.

Seba plays on Saturday.

I had no idea we played on Wed and then saw Mateo1985 's post and this happened:

https://media.giphy.com/media/PprHjp7DCw4BW/giphy.gif

Riiiiiiiight All Star Super Duper Friendly.

OgtheDim
07-28-2015, 11:58 AM
Well, at least we are used to him not being around

Toronto FC ‏@torontofc (https://twitter.com/torontofc) 2m2 minutes ago (https://twitter.com/torontofc/status/626072624989360128) Toronto, Ontario (https://twitter.com/search?q=place%3A3797791ff9c0e4c6) Vanney: "Michael Bradley (calf) is not going to the All-Star game. He's questionable for the weekend."

Ossington Mental Youth
07-28-2015, 12:28 PM
Bet he plays or is a late sub, thinking hes trying to avoid the ASG

Areathrasher
07-28-2015, 12:32 PM
Bradley could do with a break, give him the week off to relax.

shwade
07-28-2015, 12:34 PM
Why was he even voted in...missed half the games.

Super
07-29-2015, 01:57 AM
Huge game ahead this weekend! As far as other happenings, it was interesting to see pictures of Seba and Altidore on a private jet going to Colorado to partake in the All-Star game. Even more interesting was to see a picture of Seba and Altidore hugging Larry Tanenbaum (before or after the trip, no way of knowing) before or after boarding the private jet for their trip. I have to say, it's a huge plus that we're a big enough club (thanks to rich owners) that we can pull shit like this for our players. It makes us more attractive to bigger and better players, period. So hey, Tanenbaum, thanks for the effort!

Fort York Redcoat
07-29-2015, 08:20 AM
Huge game ahead this weekend! As far as other happenings, it was interesting to see pictures of Seba and Altidore on a private jet going to Colorado to partake in the All-Star game. Even more interesting was to see a picture of Seba and Altidore hugging Larry Tanenbaum (before or after the trip, no way of knowing) before or after boarding the private jet for their trip. I have to say, it's a huge plus that we're a big enough club (thanks to rich owners) that we can pull shit like this for our players. It makes us more attractive to bigger and better players, period. So hey, Tanenbaum, thanks for the effort!

Wow. Props to the brass? That's rare. Nice.

OgtheDim
07-29-2015, 08:36 AM
Larry is a board member, so he's going anyways. Taking the 2 dudes on the corporate jet makes sense.

Ur Rogers or Bell bill at work. :)

Fort York Redcoat
07-29-2015, 08:54 AM
Larry is a board member, so he's going anyways. Taking the 2 dudes on the corporate jet makes sense.

Ur Rogers or Bell bill at work. :)

Imagining the list of frivolities therein I can say that this one involves someone I like to watch doing what they do at least. Small consolation, though.

Detroit_TFC
07-29-2015, 10:30 AM
I would be totally ok with giving the bench a run out in this game. In this case only, the points are just not worth the risk of key players getting injured.

OgtheDim
07-29-2015, 10:39 AM
I wouldn't want to give NER ANY confidence in an way shape or form.

You don't let a worn down man killing grizzly bear who's thrashed you before get a swipe in on you just so you can be ready for next weekend's arm wrestling competition.

You beat the shit out of it.

They are a dangerous streaky team who we will likely need to beat in the playoffs at some point. Make them work for their points.

Auzzy
07-29-2015, 11:06 AM
Just wanted to add: Boston area is getting hammered by the heat, similar to us. Looking at Saturday's forecast, it will still be just as hot in Foxborough as now. Although not as humid as we have it today, I think it will still be pretty brutal on the plastic carpet at 7:30pm.

EDIT Too bad Qatar never got that open air stadium a/c figured out.... :facepalm:

Graeme
07-29-2015, 11:07 AM
I would hope to see either:

------------------Bendik----------------
--Morrow--Perquis--Kantari--Morgan--
----------------Cheyrou-----------------
-Jackson--------------------Osorio-----
-------------Bradley---------------------
----Giovinco------------Altidore--------

or even:

-----------------Konopka---------------
-------Zavaleta--Perquis--Kantari-----
-Jackson-------Cheyrou-------Morrow-
-------Delgado--------Bradley---------
----Giovinco-------------Altidore-------

But it sounds like everyone else wants to see:

----------------Bono-------------------------
--Creavalle--Hagglund--Zavaleta--Lovitz--
--Findley--Manella--Chapman--Aparicio---
----------Dike---------Hamilton-------------

pekduck
07-29-2015, 12:09 PM
Just wanted to add: Boston area is getting hammered by the heat, similar to us. Looking at Saturday's forecast, it will still be just as hot in Foxborough as now. Although not as humid as we have it today, I think it will still be pretty brutal on the plastic carpet at 7:30pm.

EDIT Too bad Qatar never got that open air stadium a/c figured out.... :facepalm:

gasp, you mean the hovering a/c craft floating above the open air stadium looked so nice in the bidding renditions is not working??? how can that be....:rolleyes:

gunnerken
07-29-2015, 12:14 PM
I will be attending this match...I believe my ticket is in Section 118...hopefully I will see a couple of other supporters wearing red?..

kwhisperer
07-29-2015, 12:14 PM

You don't let a worn down man killing grizzly bear who's thrashed you before get a swipe in on you just so you can be ready for next weekend's arm wrestling competition.

They are a dangerous streaky team who we will likely need to beat in the playoffs at some point. Make them work for their points.

I'm very leery of sending out anything less than the best lineup that we can. We need every single point we can muster ... can't count on "games in hand" like we seemed to last year.

spark
07-29-2015, 12:16 PM

LOL WTF is that analogy all about?

Ivy
07-29-2015, 12:28 PM
LOL WTF is that analogy all about?
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_t_xlGGymR7U/S-15coVLS0I/AAAAAAAACr0/rLIs504i8aE/s1600/Man+Chasing+Bear+With+Bat.jpg

ronzilla
07-29-2015, 01:33 PM
LOL what ? I doubt there's even one single person on this planet that wants to see that lineup. :facepalm:

I would hope to see either:

But it sounds like everyone else wants to see:

----------------Bono-------------------------
--Creavalle--Hagglund--Zavaleta--Lovitz--
--Findley--Manella--Chapman--Aparicio---
----------Dike---------Hamilton-------------

Ivy
07-29-2015, 02:21 PM
LOL what ? I doubt there's even one single person on this planet that wants to see that lineup. :facepalm:
Yah that's stupid... Everybody knows Lovitz can't play LB.

MartinUtd
07-29-2015, 02:26 PM
There is an odd vibe of sacrificing this game due to the surface and whatever other factors are at play. I don't know how any fan of this team can have such a cavalier attitude towards winning given our history.

molenshtain
07-29-2015, 02:30 PM
There is an odd vibe of sacrificing this game due to the surface and whatever other factors are at play. I don't know how any fan of this team can have such a cavalier attitude towards winning given our history.

It's not just about the surface and weather. We have a lot of guys who need a rest because either they're old or they've been playing a lot of games lately. The revs have been pretty bad lately so rotating the squad wouldn't be such a bad idea. we have 10 of our last 14 at home and it would be nice to have a fully healthy and rested starting 11 to go down the stretch.

PopePouri
07-29-2015, 02:35 PM

Cautious would be the better word. We have 10/14 games at home after this and they're all coming in quick succession.

kwhisperer
07-29-2015, 02:57 PM

Let alone having them think we're scared to play on their field .....

Petor
07-29-2015, 03:00 PM
"The Reds have mulitple injury concerns heading into the match. Michael Bradley (calf) and Ashtone Morgan (groin) are questionable while Sebastian Giovinco continues to nurse a heel bruise. Collen Warner will miss the match due to yellow card accumulation."

http://www.torontofc.ca/news/2015/07/projected-starting-xi-new-england-revolution

C.Ronaldo
07-29-2015, 03:01 PM

wheres this photo?

notthesun
07-29-2015, 03:16 PM
I think this one may be a write-off. I would leave Giovinco in Toronto. Bradley can make the bench, start Lovitz at LB and Morrow at RB. I think Altidore could probably start but playing him on this turf again scares me.

edit: Or not. Bradley will be staying home.

Richard
07-29-2015, 03:18 PM
wheres this photo?

https://instagram.com/p/5sJPr-oeD0/

Super
07-29-2015, 04:00 PM
This one should also show Tannenbaum with the two:
https://instagram.com/p/5sIplSxnyl/

C.Ronaldo
07-29-2015, 04:06 PM
what the hell is an instagram? is that like a cookie

you kids and your fancy doohickies

OgtheDim
07-29-2015, 04:16 PM
People over 50 use Facebook

People under 30 use Instagram

People under 20 use Tumblr (and are not covered in any research)

http://www.pewinternet.org/2015/01/09/social-media-update-2014/

portu
07-29-2015, 05:03 PM

Ew tumblr is for that weird sect of highschoolers who feel the need to be 'deep and spiritual' as well as 'sexually liberated'

no we use Insta, Twitter and snapchat because Facebook has been overrun by our parents

Auzzy
07-29-2015, 05:17 PM

Ha ha, so people between 30 & 50 (like me) don't use anything?

Actually the study shows, among adults (over 18), the highest usage percentage of Facebook (in 2014) is still in the 18-29 year range: 87%. That doesn't say though how deeply it's used, especially compared to the past. I.e., likely used more selectively by that group, for certain types of activities & events.

I always love it how trends, changes, etc. are always over-hyped these days & applied directly to absolute numbers. I.e., growth of Facebook is lower than it used to be, especially in the younger age groups = "no young people use it anymore." Or, Apple is successful and growing = "Nobody uses Windows anymore."

OgtheDim
07-29-2015, 05:51 PM
I always love it how trends, changes, etc. are always over-hyped these days & applied directly to absolute numbers. I.e., growth of Facebook is lower than it used to be, especially in the younger age groups = "no young people use it anymore." Or, Apple is successful and growing = "Nobody uses Windows anymore."

:iagree:

OgtheDim
07-29-2015, 06:27 PM
FWIW, though it should be noted this has been a lot closer to reality this season:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CLG8lvgWIAAuSek.png

Ajax TFC
07-29-2015, 07:11 PM
It worries me that the only change in the lineup is Osorio for Warner. Could easily be a 3-5-2 again

Ultra & Proud
07-29-2015, 10:03 PM
FWIW, though it should be noted this has been a lot closer to reality this season:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CLG8lvgWIAAuSek.png
Not sure about the way Kantari is looking at Cheyrou in this picture.

Fort York Redcoat
07-30-2015, 07:42 AM

It's them "gelling"!!! We have proof!!g:D

JonO
07-30-2015, 08:23 AM
what the hell is an instagram? is that like a cookie

you kids and your fancy doohickies
It's an app that lets you take a picture and just put it right there on the line. It's a million dollar idea!

C.Ronaldo
07-30-2015, 08:45 AM
It's an app that lets you take a picture and just put it right there on the line. It's a million dollar idea!

thats awesome now I can read AND see what people are eating for breakfast

JonO
07-30-2015, 09:24 AM
thats awesome now I can read AND see what people are eating for breakfast
:)

For those who missed the obscure reference to a pretty bad movie:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7NRa2fH9kg

T-boy
07-30-2015, 09:33 AM

He's just looking for his teammates ready to make a pass - I'm glad he shows good awareness!

SenorDingDong
07-30-2015, 09:35 AM

Correction, billion dollar idea.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/bruceupbin/2012/04/09/facebook-buys-instagram-for-1-billion-wheres-the-revenue/

JonO
07-30-2015, 10:44 AM
Correction, billion dollar idea.
Don't want to keep hi-jacking this thread, but watch the clip I posted above ;)

OgtheDim
07-30-2015, 11:06 AM
Updates from training today

John Molinaro ‏@JohnMolinaro (https://twitter.com/JohnMolinaro) 4m4 minutes ago (https://twitter.com/JohnMolinaro/status/626783895946706944) Doesn't look like Ashtone Morgan trained with #TFC (https://twitter.com/hashtag/TFC?src=hash) today.

John Molinaro ‏@JohnMolinaro (https://twitter.com/JohnMolinaro) 9m9 minutes ago (https://twitter.com/JohnMolinaro/status/626782710023987201)
Hagglund not training today. Watching from sidelines. #TFC (https://twitter.com/hashtag/TFC?src=hash)
1 retweet 0 favorites

John Molinaro ‏@JohnMolinaro (https://twitter.com/JohnMolinaro) 15m15 minutes ago (https://twitter.com/JohnMolinaro/status/626781138317647872) Seba got back last night, I'm told. Didn't train today. But will do some gym work later. Will soon find out his status for Saturday. #TFC (https://twitter.com/hashtag/TFC?src=hash)
0 retweets 0 favorites

OgtheDim
07-30-2015, 12:29 PM
Toronto FC ‏@torontofc (https://twitter.com/torontofc) 58m58 minutes ago (https://twitter.com/torontofc/status/626790549199192064) Toronto, Ontario (https://twitter.com/search?q=place%3A3797791ff9c0e4c6) Vanney: "Giovinco is day to day. It really depends on how he feels leading into Saturday." #TFCLive (https://twitter.com/hashtag/TFCLive?src=hash)

John Molinaro ‏@JohnMolinaro (https://twitter.com/JohnMolinaro) 48m48 minutes ago (https://twitter.com/JohnMolinaro/status/626793896018735104)
So Vanney says Seba questionable for Saturday. Morgan out. Warner suspended. Kantari could play.

OgtheDim
07-30-2015, 12:30 PM
Let me put that in big letters so people can panic better.

Giovinco is probably not playing in this game.

Red CB Toronto
07-30-2015, 12:33 PM
Let me put that in big letters so people can panic better.

Giovinco is probably not playing in this game.

Why would anyone panic, just sit back , relax and chill on this hot summer day. It's just a soccer game people enjoy it and all that comes with it.

Fort York Redcoat
07-30-2015, 12:34 PM
Tied in the standing with 4 games in hand. Results matter.

fergiejr
07-30-2015, 12:34 PM
I will be attending this match...I believe my ticket is in Section 118...hopefully I will see a couple of other supporters wearing red?..

The wife and I are going to this game too. Sec 115 Row 8 Seats 10 and 11.

OgtheDim
07-30-2015, 12:41 PM
Why would anyone panic, just sit back , relax and chill on this hot summer day. It's just a soccer game people enjoy it and all that comes with it.

:willy_nilly::willy_nilly::willy_nilly::willy_nill y::willy_nilly::willy_nilly::willy_nilly::willy_ni lly:

Seems to be hobby for some people.

:willy_nilly::willy_nilly::willy_nilly::willy_nill y::willy_nilly::willy_nilly::willy_nilly:

C.Ronaldo
07-30-2015, 12:55 PM

John Molinaro ‏@JohnMolinaro (https://twitter.com/JohnMolinaro) 4m4 minutes ago (https://twitter.com/JohnMolinaro/status/626783895946706944) Doesn't look like Ashtone Morgan trained with #TFC (https://twitter.com/hashtag/TFC?src=hash) today.

John Molinaro ‏@JohnMolinaro (https://twitter.com/JohnMolinaro) 9m9 minutes ago (https://twitter.com/JohnMolinaro/status/626782710023987201)
Hagglund not training today. Watching from sidelines. #TFC (https://twitter.com/hashtag/TFC?src=hash)
1 retweet 0 favorites

John Molinaro ‏@JohnMolinaro (https://twitter.com/JohnMolinaro) 15m15 minutes ago (https://twitter.com/JohnMolinaro/status/626781138317647872) Seba got back last night, I'm told. Didn't train today. But will do some gym work later. Will soon find out his status for Saturday. #TFC (https://twitter.com/hashtag/TFC?src=hash)
0 retweets 0 favorites

is Hagglund injured?

OgtheDim
07-30-2015, 12:59 PM
is Hagglund injured?

Had his appendix out.

Lennon
07-30-2015, 01:25 PM
Hate to do it but this is a great spot to bet against TFC (before the official lineup info comes out).

notthesun
07-30-2015, 01:54 PM
My guess is Kantari will start. Should be interesting to see how he does next to Perquis.

OgtheDim
07-30-2015, 02:21 PM
Seriously, with Altidore and (insert person here) in the 4-4-2 diamond, we should be fine.

shwade
07-30-2015, 02:36 PM
Seriously, with Altidore and (insert person here) in the 4-4-2 diamond, we should be fine.

As long as it isn't Findley. Is moore fit?
Findley is just a waste of space.

C.Ronaldo
07-30-2015, 02:43 PM
what is findley's gamestyle anyways? What is is that is seen in him.

Honest question, he must have shown something as somepoint

OgtheDim
07-30-2015, 02:50 PM

He did make the pass on this play.

http://www.mlssoccer.com/video/2015/07/12/goal-sebastian-giovinco-completes-first-half-hat-trick#ooid=xoNzg2djpl3O5wibmoTv3USxrz6JjFOz

PopePouri
07-30-2015, 02:59 PM

Experienced MLS, ex-World Cup player and lockerroom presence. Has great pace, good in possession and dribbling, high passing percentage for a non-defender (higher than Seba, Altidore and Moore). As a forward, he's judged on his lack of goals and finishing ability which is poor. Has been decent out wide.

barticusz
07-30-2015, 03:06 PM
Personally I think Findlay beside Altidore works better than Findlay beside Giovinco.

Midfield of Jackson Cheyrou Delgado Osorio.. no issues there.

Possible improved back line with Kantari.. granted our wings will be weakened.

This game is not a write off.

FRANKIE65
07-30-2015, 03:14 PM
Personally I think Findlay beside Altidore works better than Findlay beside Giovinco.

Midfield of Jackson Cheyrou Delgado Osorio.. no issues there.

Possible improved back line with Kantari.. granted our wings will be weakened.

This game is not a write off.

Agreed. No reason why the squad can't come away with at least a draw. Just need to stay away from playing "catch up"...in other words, no spotting the Revs an early lead.

PopePouri
07-30-2015, 03:18 PM
Won't be surprised if we go three at the back again.

kwhisperer
07-30-2015, 03:45 PM

Wonder if David Price can play RB.

Oldtimer
07-30-2015, 03:55 PM

I hope we don't have to :ack2:

Derko
07-30-2015, 04:29 PM

Second goal against Vancouver first match of the year.

OgtheDim
07-30-2015, 04:32 PM

No reason to. NER doesn't play that sort of game. They are all about movement from in to out and back again through the middle.

portu
07-30-2015, 04:34 PM
Would absolutely love to see how a back 3 of Kantari-Perquis-Morrow would fare with Lovitz and Jackson as the wingbacks, if it's not working then take Jackson out at the half for a more central player, shift Morrow to rb, Lovitz to Lb and play the diamond

Cashcleaner
07-30-2015, 09:06 PM

1 retweet 0 favorites

0 retweets 0 favorites

Toronto FC ‏@torontofc (https://twitter.com/torontofc) 58m58 minutes ago (https://twitter.com/torontofc/status/626790549199192064) Toronto, Ontario (https://twitter.com/search?q=place%3A3797791ff9c0e4c6) Vanney: "Giovinco is day to day. It really depends on how he feels leading into Saturday." #TFCLive (https://twitter.com/hashtag/TFCLive?src=hash)

John Molinaro ‏@JohnMolinaro (https://twitter.com/JohnMolinaro) 48m48 minutes ago (https://twitter.com/JohnMolinaro/status/626793896018735104)
So Vanney says Seba questionable for Saturday. Morgan out. Warner suspended. Kantari could play.

http://www.torontofc.ca/sites/toronto/files/080115_redsrevolution_projected_starting_xi_final% 20%281%29.png

So for the moment, this is what Vanney probably has to work with on Saturday -of course, that's if Gio is able to play. But what about Altidore as well? Even though he's been put on the projected Stating XI, the TFC website is suggesting he might take a pass on the Saturday match as well with his hamstring issue. I'm getting the feeling that TFC might make a wash of this game. Kinda sounds strange given how we're tied with the Revs in the East for points, but all the talk from the club and reports point to taking a rather conservative approach here.

Jack
07-30-2015, 09:13 PM
As much as this has standings implications, that fucking surface is horrid. I'd rather protect Jozy's hamstring and Gio's heel and just try to tough it out for this one. That field is a fucking disgrace. Drogba will back me up on that.

aajking
07-30-2015, 10:11 PM
http://www.torontofc.ca/sites/toronto/files/080115_redsrevolution_projected_starting_xi_final% 20%281%29.png

So for the moment, this is what Vanney probably has to work with on Saturday -of course, that's if Gio is able to play. But what about Altidore as well? Even though he's been put on the projected Stating XI, the TFC website is suggesting he might take a pass on the Saturday match as well with his hamstring issue. I'm getting the feeling that TFC might make a wash of this game. Kinda sounds strange given how we're tied with the Revs in the East for points, but all the talk from the club and reports point to taking a rather conservative approach here.

Vanney's in a tough spot here. We need a tie but we don't have much to work from. Bradley out, Seba out-ish, Jozy can play but with a risk of injury. I hope we put our best forth without the 3 DP's and play defense defense defense. Wish for 0-0.

tfcocd
07-30-2015, 11:20 PM
As much as this has standings implications, that fucking surface is horrid. I'd rather protect Jozy's hamstring and Gio's heel and just try to tough it out for this one. That field is a fucking disgrace. Drogba will back me up on that.

With no DPs, what is the best lineup TFC can start considering availability? Is osorio and dike the best front 2 with Delgado continuing to backfill for bradley.

--------------bendiq---------------
--morrow--Perquis----kantari-----lovitz--
----------------Cheyrou----------------
-------Jackson--------Chapman------
----------------Delgado----------------
---------Osorio------dike/moore ------

Draw seems like a good result for TFC with 20MM of roster absent.

molenshtain
07-31-2015, 12:53 AM
Cheyrou is 34. Perquis is 31. They need rest as much as anyone.

----------bendik/konpka-------------
Morrow-----Kantari-----Zavaleta------Lovitz/Morgan
------------------Creavalle----------------------------
------------Jackson------Osorio----------------------
-------------------Delgado----------------------------
----Dike/Findley/Hamilton------Moore--------------

That team against the Revs in their current form could steal a point. might want to switch Osorio and delgado, but not sure it matters much.

Considering the revs aren't outstanding atm, and the absolute need for us to have our best 11 healthy for the run in, this is the best possible time to rotate the squad. Every team does it, and this is the perfect time for us to regroup.

Ivy
07-31-2015, 01:18 AM
Nothing special about the revs atm. Even without our DPs we can take a W. I expect giovinco to play a part though.

OgtheDim
07-31-2015, 05:34 AM
Perquis and Cheyrou are not resting this one.

Vanney has indicated that Altidore is playing - he flew straight to Boston from Denver, with a team trainer.

SoccMan2
07-31-2015, 12:32 PM
That lineup without the 3 DPs and without Cheyrou and Perquis would have trouble playing in the USL never mind MLS. Some critical games coming up in the next few weeks which I think will decide if this team makes the playoffs and if it does make the playoffs how far they can go. Remember it's about usually around August where this team has always started it's decline to futility, so the fact that we are basically giving the first game in August away and conceding the points to New England or that's what some on here want the team to do is not good, starting off August on a losing note does not bode well considering the history of this team around this part of the season, I hope I'm wrong but with all the injuries and the fact that the defense is still in shambles is giving me that feeling I have always been feeling about this team around this time of the season.

Jack
07-31-2015, 01:22 PM
That lineup without the 3 DPs and without Cheyrou and Perquis would have trouble playing in the USL never mind MLS. Some critical games coming up in the next few weeks which I think will decide if this team makes the playoffs and if it does make the playoffs how far they can go. Remember it's about usually around August where this team has always started it's decline to futility, so the fact that we are basically giving the first game in August away and conceding the points to New England or that's what some on here want the team to do is not good, starting off August on a losing note does not bode well considering the history of this team around this part of the season, I hope I'm wrong but with all the injuries and the fact that the defense is still in shambles is giving me that feeling I have always been feeling about this team around this time of the season.
"This team" hasn't really played in August, for the most part. Who's still in the starting 11 from last August? Bradley, Morrow, Osorio and Bendik?

I don't think we can go by history with our current roster.

TFC Tifoso
07-31-2015, 01:31 PM
"This team" hasn't really played in August, for the most part. Who's still in the starting 11 from last August? Bradley, Morrow, Osorio and Bendik?

I don't think we can go by history with our current roster.

I agree here......case in point is our games on the road earlier v FCD and our last one v Columbus.....no previous iteration of TFC comes away with a point in either game after going down 3-0......not a chance......I believe this is a much tougher team mentally....

Oldtimer
07-31-2015, 01:40 PM
I agree here......case in point is our games on the road earlier v FCD and our last one v Columbus.....no previous iteration of TFC comes away with a point in either game after going down 3-0......not a chance......I believe this is a much tougher team mentally....

That being said, we probably don't win this game. There is just too many negatives (turf, missing players, the Revs will be highly motivated as they are in danger of being out of the playoff hunt altogether).

It's OK. While we need points, the Orlando game is more important IMO for playoff qualification. If we just win half of our home games, and pick up another point or two we're in.

ChrisFizik
07-31-2015, 08:22 PM
hey guys that love your tweets, if you wanna save some copy'n'pasting...

Pro-Tip: surround twitter links with [ tweet ] [/ tweet ] tags

https://twitter.com/JohnMolinaro/status/626793896018735104

Fort York Redcoat
08-01-2015, 05:52 AM
Going to Joe's for this one.

Petor
08-01-2015, 06:49 AM
"Revolution vs Toronto FC: Injury reports include big names"

http://www.thebentmusket.com/2015/7/31/9079169/revolution-vs-toronto-fc-injury-reports-include-big-names-mls-fantasy-jones-bradley

OgtheDim
08-01-2015, 07:55 AM
Game Day :scarf:

notthesun
08-01-2015, 08:52 AM
"Revolution vs Toronto FC: Injury reports include big names"

http://www.thebentmusket.com/2015/7/31/9079169/revolution-vs-toronto-fc-injury-reports-include-big-names-mls-fantasy-jones-bradley

Chris Tierney being out would be nice for us, especially considering all the guys we'll be missing. One of the best crossing fullbacks in the league and we've been poor defending crosses in general.

OgtheDim
08-01-2015, 05:41 PM
Jackson as RB and Findley as the point of the diamond. Looking like another goal fest.

portu
08-01-2015, 05:45 PM
Lol how is Findley still playing professionally

notthesun
08-01-2015, 05:45 PM
Vanney going all-in for this one, that's for sure.

Ivy
08-01-2015, 05:47 PM
Vanney going all-in for this one, that's for sure.
Gotta. Points don't come easy.

Ivy
Altidore needs a hattrick tonight.

portu
I'm looking at this and thinking that maybe we're playing a 4-3-1-2 with Osorio and Findley as wide players

mowe
08-01-2015, 05:59 PM
I'm looking at this and thinking that maybe we're playing a 4-3-1-2 with Osorio and Findley as wide players

That's what I thought, but interestingly the official lineup sheet has TFC in a 3-5-2: https://instagram.com/p/526Ra7IUXf/

69Chevy396
08-01-2015, 06:02 PM
According to Molinaro, Giovinco starts (twitter)

portu
08-01-2015, 06:04 PM
That's what I thought, but interestingly the official lineup sheet has TFC in a 3-5-2: https://instagram.com/p/526Ra7IUXf/
3-4-1-2 it looks with Seba in the hole and Jackson and Oso playing wide

Richard
08-01-2015, 06:16 PM
Alright can we all just collectively say out prayers so that no one gets injured on that piece of shit filed.

pdubs
08-01-2015, 06:18 PM
Prob going to miss the first half. Keep the updates coming!

I guess that is the best lineup with the injuries... Rather see Lovitz over Findley tho

TorontoFC6fan
08-01-2015, 06:21 PM
Lol at Findley in the starting 11. Our lack of decent depth players will be our downfall if we make the playoff. 1 injury and here comes a scrub to replace that player.

portu
08-01-2015, 06:25 PM
Jody captaining? But the team sheet said Cheyrou

69Chevy396
08-01-2015, 06:26 PM
Streams anybody? Are there any streams that are ipad friendly?

anto7
08-01-2015, 06:31 PM
Streams anybody? Are there any streams that are ipad friendly?

http://oklivetv.com/sportsnet-360-sn360-hd-live/

ronzilla
08-01-2015, 06:33 PM
http://livetv.sx/en/eventinfo/326384_new_england_toronto/#webplayer_ifr|236826|326384|236826|64|1|en

TorontoFC6fan
08-01-2015, 06:35 PM
I have a bad feeling about this turf.

69Chevy396
08-01-2015, 06:37 PM
Thanks...using puffin browser.....never occured to me tha u need Flash.....

shwade
08-01-2015, 06:42 PM
Altidore captain. .what??

Richard
08-01-2015, 06:43 PM
Altidore captain. .what??

Yeah that's extremely questionable.

ndtoronto
08-01-2015, 06:50 PM
http://oklivetv.com/sportsnet-360-sn360-hd-live/

Thanks for the feed. Very rarely am I without a feed. The ones I found were crap.

TorontoFC6fan
08-01-2015, 06:54 PM
This team really lack speed in the midfield .. Osorio is skillful but man is he slow.

nonc
08-01-2015, 06:57 PM
Findley starting really?? Somehow not surprising though:facepalm:. Almost causes NE opening goal.

Red CB Toronto
08-01-2015, 06:59 PM
EVERYONE, stop making the turf an excuse, both teams have to play on it, simple as that, you play to win the game and that is what the Reds are doing.

Richard
08-01-2015, 07:01 PM
Giovinco has been invisible so far.

shwade
08-01-2015, 07:01 PM
Seba hasn't gotten a touch yet.

shwade
08-01-2015, 07:03 PM
Dobson getting his black players mixed up as usual.

notthesun
08-01-2015, 07:03 PM
We look awful right now.

pdubs
08-01-2015, 07:04 PM
Listening on radio. What is the formation looking like?

TorontoFC6fan
08-01-2015, 07:04 PM
This team looks so slow!!!. NE is just 1 step ahead of us.. Our midfield players are playing like 40 year old men. Slow! Slow! Slow!!

Dkolish3
08-01-2015, 07:07 PM
Has anyone but Morrow scored a headed goal this year?

TorontoFC6fan
08-01-2015, 07:08 PM
Typical Findley.. Wide open and he misses the goal..why do we sign these useless bums. The depth on this team is flat out bad!

notthesun
08-01-2015, 07:09 PM
Has anyone but Morrow scored a headed goal this year?

Altidore vs Houston off the top of my head. We have no goals from set piece crosses though.

Dkolish3
Listening on radio. What is the formation looking like?
4-4-2 Diamond which has resulted in no possession

shwade
Delgado where you at?

shwade
08-01-2015, 07:12 PM
Seba going full Italian on that one.

Richard
08-01-2015, 07:13 PM
We don't need that shit, suck it and play.

mowe
08-01-2015, 07:16 PM
The goal was coming. Nice set play by NE, we were caught flat footed.

General Woolfe
08-01-2015, 07:17 PM
Poor one to give up, questions must be asked of Bendik there...

Missed the KO. Anyone got the lineup?

From what I can make out
Bendik
Jackson? ??? Perquis Morrow
Finday? Cheyrou Osorio Delgado
Altidore Giovinco

notthesun
Osorio miscontrols a throw in, Findley over-aggressive in his challenge, Morrow caught unaware on his back post and Kantari/Cheyrou late on marking in the middle. That was all around pathetic.

Red CB Toronto
Charlie Davies a thorn in the Reds side, once again.

Dkolish3
08-01-2015, 07:18 PM
Poor one to give up, questions must be asked of Bendik there...

Missed the KO. Anyone got the lineup?

From what I can make out
Bendik
Jackson? ??? Perquis Morrow
Finday? Cheyrou Osorio Delgado
Altidore Giovinco
Kantari right on everything else

General Woolfe
08-01-2015, 07:18 PM
Kantari right on everything else

Cheers

shwade
08-01-2015, 07:21 PM
Yep...

Red CB Toronto
Too bad for Jozy !

General Woolfe
Damn thats the last thing we needed. Altidore needs to control his temper there

mowe
Silly red by Altidore, can't lash out like that.

notthesun
Fucking idiotic from Altidore. That seriously screws us because Moore is still hurt. What a fucking boneheaded reaction.

Bishop Blaize
08-01-2015, 07:22 PM
Pathetic by altidore

JavierMartini
After the NYCFC games with 3 two foot slide tackes, an elbow to the back of perquis none of which were even called a foul and little shit like that is a red.

Richard
Game over unless Gio pull another rabbit out of the hat.

Batman
bonehead!

ronzilla
Fucking altidore is shit get rid of him

pdubs
08-01-2015, 07:23 PM
Bad bad card. Only thing worse is listening to Dobson fuck up the call

TorontoFC6fan
08-01-2015, 07:24 PM
This team is not getting far in the playoff if they make it.. Too many slow players on this team.. NE is just quicker at getting to almost every ball... Now I truly understand why Osorio is not a stamped starter for TFC and Canada..The guy has the skills but his lack of speed is a big liability.. Sure it was Findley that cause the foul that resulted in the goal, but it was Osorio's slow foot that caused the turnover and sent Davies on the break.

shwade

LOL he's such a clown.

Batman

Haha.. So true

General Woolfe
Soft penalty that

Red CB Toronto
Oh a PK, the comedy of errors continues !

portu
08-01-2015, 07:25 PM
Cyle Larin, Charlie Davies, Wondo and more are all having better seasons than Jozy

at least Gilberto didn't get stupid red cards

Bishop Blaize
Seriously how many goals is he gonna cost us

General Woolfe
Killer end to the half. Hard for us to comeback now

TorontoFC6fan
08-01-2015, 07:26 PM
What did I say about Perquis committing one bone head play every game ? Did I not say this last week ? He does at least 1 bone head play every game.

Batman
08-01-2015, 07:26 PM
that guy was going down whether he was touched or not.. bs call

SoccMan2
08-01-2015, 07:27 PM
So no Bradley or Altidore for Wednesday versus Orlando oh boy it must be August time for the usual TFC falling apart, is this the start of the usual falling apart in August?

notthesun
08-01-2015, 07:27 PM
Cyle Larin, Charlie Davies, Wondo and more are all having better seasons than Jozy

at least Gilberto didn't get stupid red cards

Jozy has a better goal/90 minutes than Wondo and Davies.

I like Jozy. When he gets a chance, he scores. But we were awful today and he made a dumbass mistake.

Richard
08-01-2015, 07:28 PM
Does this mean Hamilton gets a start? Lol yeah right.

Red CB Toronto
Poop there it is !!!

Blixa
What the fuck is this? I feel sorry for Giovinco.

portu
Jozy has a better goal/90 minutes than Wondo and Davies.

I like Jozy. When he gets a chance, he scores. But we were awful today and he made a dumbass mistake.
And Cyle Larin? Kid just scored his 10th

ronzilla
Only way back is if Seba puts the cape on

notthesun
08-01-2015, 07:29 PM
If we don't score, take Giovinco off at 65 minutes. Forget this one.

SirBobSaget
Altidore should be fined a weeks wages for his nonsense. Bradley I hope is being paid by the us team because we haven't seen much of him.

pdubs
If vanney pulls this comeback... Aha

notthesun
And Cyle Larin? Kid just scored his 10th

Yes, that would be why I didn't include him in the first sentence...

TorontoFC6fan
Jozy had a balotelli moment lol

JavierMartini
08-01-2015, 07:30 PM
Giovinco should just dive on any contact. Fuck it. Villa does it, that fuckface for the revs did it.

tfcfans
Time to rest Giovinco for the next two games this week? This one reminded me of the LAG game where sometimes you need to live to fight another day.....The rest of the schedule (10 home games, and two NY trips, a Montreal trip and a Seattle trip which I dread), is in their favour.....this one smelled bad before it even started.....I know Gio has pulled some miracles out for us already this year, but if he's at all hurt, now might be the time to rest him.

portu
lol marky calling out jozy "silly foul" I like this kid

notthesun
08-01-2015, 07:31 PM
Oh and please take Findley off the field Vanney. It's a lost cause man, no point giving him more chances. He is what he is, and he's way, way past it.

Dub Narcotic
08-01-2015, 07:31 PM
This just might be a game to never talk about again. This team needs a keeper now, as in this week. Bendik was the worst in the league last year and is awful again this year. Bezbachenko has to be on the phone with Penedo's agent right now. Altidore has to get his shit together, he hasn't been bad this year but he hasn't been worth his contract. Vanney has to get his mentality sorted out.

mowe
08-01-2015, 07:32 PM
Let's see what adjustments Vanney makes for the second half.

dupont
08-01-2015, 07:34 PM
Terrible move by Jozy. Just pointless. And lol at that penalty. That guy had that swan dive planned the whole time

ronzilla
08-01-2015, 07:35 PM
It doesn't matter that jozy was sent off because he has been fckn invisible every time he plays.

OgtheDim
08-01-2015, 07:37 PM
So that's no Altidore for the next two games. Sometimes forget he's 25.
He owes us an apology for that one.

Morrow is not having a good game.

As for the turf, you can see how NER know the ball speed and TFC don't. That's the difference of this turf.

Right now, this is on the midfield and Morrow. Both Delgado and Findley have issues.

General Woolfe
08-01-2015, 07:37 PM
This team is not getting far in the playoff if they make it.. Too many slow players on this team.. NE is just quicker at getting to almost every ball... Now I truly understand why Osorio is not a stamped starter for TFC and Canada..The guy has the skills but his lack of speed is a big liability.. Sure it was Findley that cause the foul that resulted in the goal, but it was Osorio's slow foot that caused the turnover and sent Davies on the break.

That would appear to be the case on the surface, however I dont believe this TFC has really had a chance to settle yet. The first half of the season we have had to deal with an unusual amount of away games to open, a higher than average number of injures to our defense, plus the Gold cup depriving us of key players. I'm not making excuses, and granted our defence needs some major work, however we really haven't had the chance to put out a settled side consistently despite being halfway through the season. I hopefully we can enjoy a more settled side, plus a higher number of home games, going in the last quarter of the season, which would give us some momentum going into the playoffs. Having said that LA, SKC, and the Sounders (plus maybe one or two others - Dallas, DC, and Vancouver ) would appear on higher level entirely unless we strengthen our defence substantially

portu
08-01-2015, 07:38 PM
It doesn't matter that jozy was sent off because he has been fckn invisible every time he plays.
Pre much

portu
08-01-2015, 07:39 PM
I want to both cry and punch something right now

OgtheDim
08-01-2015, 07:40 PM
Oh, and anyone who thinks Jozy is crap doesn't get how a forward like he plays.

portu
08-01-2015, 07:40 PM
Re: Altidore Kick

if you're going to kick someone then KICK them, ugh

portu
08-01-2015, 07:41 PM
He's not crap, just an average DP of the 500k to 1m variety

edit: oh wait he's making almost 5m

ronzilla
08-01-2015, 07:42 PM

Yeah tap-ins. That's the only way he scores.

tiberius
08-01-2015, 07:44 PM
Too bad for Jozy !

Too bad??? Are you kidding me? Stupid self centred idiot. He let the whole team down! Too bad for the team - from the god damn captain! It looks like Klinsmann has it right... faaaa... If thats the best he can give this team, send him to Colorado for some seasoning. Altidore looks like he is done like a dinner. Jozy better pull a rabbit out of his ass when he comes back, or he will be on the last train to clarkesville...

tfcfans
08-01-2015, 07:46 PM
Gio out as suggested ---- concession time....and yet I watch....I must be a glutton for punishment.....

ronzilla
08-01-2015, 07:47 PM
Giovinco is off too now

notthesun
08-01-2015, 07:48 PM
Smart to take him off. This game is over. Regroup for Orlando.

portu
08-01-2015, 07:49 PM
Charlie Davies, Octavio Rivero, Quincy Amarikwa, Blas Perez... All these players have one thing in common

tiberius
08-01-2015, 07:49 PM

You are right, we all love how he plays... especially as captain - I can hardly wait for more... It sure looks like HIS HEAD IS CRAP - If his head is screwed up, does it really matter if you are in love with his style of play?

OgtheDim
08-01-2015, 07:51 PM
If you think all Altidore does is score tap ins, there's no reasoning with you.

Anyways, lets just get out of this match with no more injuries and no more cards. Let's see what the subs can do.

notthesun
08-01-2015, 07:53 PM
Okay, I get that Altidore just royally fucked up but can we relax with piling up on him. How quickly we forget all his dominant performances... go watch the season opener vs. Vancouver or at home in the Voyageurs Cup against Montreal if you need a reminder.

SoccMan2
08-01-2015, 07:53 PM
So who takes the blame for this team being again so bad defensively, you can't do well and expect to go far in soccer when your bleeding goals the way this team does?

portu
08-01-2015, 07:55 PM
Okay, I get that Altidore just royally fucked up but can we relax with piling up on him. How quickly we forget all his dominant performances... go watch the season opener vs. Vancouver or at home in the Voyageurs Cup against Montreal if you need a reminder.
Hes just incredibly streaky, he either dominates or is invisible, there is no grey area for an Altidore performance

portu
08-01-2015, 07:58 PM
Bright Spots

- Osorio
- Findley (relative to an average Findley performance)
- Bendik(!)
- Jackson

notthesun
Vanney should sub Dike in for Findley. Findley is garbage and now he's stranded up top, making him, incredibly, even more useless. Put Dike in, at least he can take down a long ball, and hey if he happens to score that helps his trade value as well.

69Chevy396
So who takes the blame for this team being again so bad defensively, you can't do well and expect to go far in soccer when your bleeding goals the way this team does?
Except for Giovinco, this team is fighting for last place. Altidore is a lazy player, reminds me of Samuels. I wish we had kept the Brazilian, at least he played hard all the time.

Dub Narcotic
This just might be a game to never talk about again. This team needs a keeper now, as in this week. Bendik was the worst in the league last year and is awful again this year. Bezbachenko has to be on the phone with Penedo's agent right now. Altidore has to get his shit together, he hasn't been bad this year but he hasn't been worth his contract. Vanney has to get his mentality sorted out.

TorontoFC6fan
08-01-2015, 08:00 PM
This team needs to start signing some more athletic players.. The way this team is constructed is just not going to work in the long run.. Look at LA, look at the top teams in this league, look at type of players on those teams. We just sign unathletic players and this is what happens when they face teams like this.. From the midfield to the defence is filled slow players that get out hustle when they face teams like this. Look at what happened when we played Dallas. They just flat out ran pass our players. Just sit back and look at how slow we're moving the ball and how quickly NE is closing us down and getting to every ball.. It's also time we start looking at this Perquis signing at the corner of our eyes.

Canary10
08-01-2015, 08:00 PM

Do you have this post on auto-paste?

JavierMartini
08-01-2015, 08:01 PM
fucking garbage. someone needs to injure davies and break his legs. Fuck it.

OgtheDim
That's not a yellow to Bendik.

portu
Fuck Davies stupid piece of shit all he can do is dive

OgtheDim
08-01-2015, 08:02 PM
And that was offside on the second pass.

portu
08-01-2015, 08:03 PM
Second game in a row Delgado has put the roulette to good use. Talent.

tfcfans
08-01-2015, 08:06 PM
Is it Wednesday yet?

JavierMartini
08-01-2015, 08:06 PM
Pro is ass. Another example of incompetent ref's gifting prime chances that got converted into goals. It's absurd that bendik gets booked for winning that ball and they get a free kick. It's not acceptable.

notthesun
08-01-2015, 08:07 PM
That was obviously offside, but fuck me Perquis and Kantari just fucking stood there and watched. What in the fuck was that.

Dkolish3
08-01-2015, 08:09 PM
I think that we as a group should pray that Morgan comes back healthy very soon because only one backline has been decent Morrow-Perquis-Zavie-Morgan. Accept no substitutions add Haggland=Disaster, Creavalle=Disaster, Jackson=Disaster, Lovitz=Disaster. Three man backline with Morrow as a CB=Disaster. Hell even putting Morrow on his good side has resulted in disaster

tiberius
08-01-2015, 08:11 PM

If season openers are your thing - Defoe still looks pretty good - are you a still a Defoe fanboy too? Altidore royally screwed up here - exactly when Vanney gives him the armband. It says a hell of a lot about where his head is at and his leadership capabilities for this team - from a multi-million dollar player. It is up to him to pull a rabbit out of his ass in the KC or New York games. Are you saying he can captain the team like Caldwell? Pure disappointment. Trade Altidore and get Laba back - we need character and leadership - not thus kind of crap from Altidore. Sorry notthesun, but tonight he just indicated who shows up to be counted, and who cannot be relied upon.

Leafs 92/93
08-01-2015, 08:12 PM
i'm sorry, i know how brutal it sounds when you're down 3-0 and playing like shit, but that cowboy ref/linesman combo are just brutal tonight. Linesman's face on the bendik card just screamed concacaf.....

OgtheDim
08-01-2015, 08:13 PM
Perquis has been crap. He keeps expecting the offside call and stopping while putting up his hand. It's cost us at least 3 goals this season.

Give him Wednesday off to get his head together.

portu
08-01-2015, 08:14 PM
Hey, look! A goal.

portu
08-01-2015, 08:15 PM
Oso has been really really really good today

TorontoFC6fan
08-01-2015, 08:15 PM
For the love of god can we please put Findley on waivers after this game. I can't believe they were people on here defending Findley in the past smh.

OgtheDim
08-01-2015, 08:17 PM
Well that's great for Osorio.

This is now a training match.

portu
08-01-2015, 08:18 PM
For the love of god can we please put Findley on waivers after this game. I can't believe they were people on here defending Findley in the past smh.
For once, I agree

TorontoFC6fan
08-01-2015, 08:18 PM
Perquis has been crap. He keeps expecting the offside call and stopping while putting up his hand. It's cost us at least 3 goals this season.

Give him Wednesday off to get his head together.
Just wait until his next bone headed play in the next game.

notthesun
08-01-2015, 08:26 PM
If season openers are your thing - Defoe still looks pretty good - are you a still a Defoe fanboy too? Altidore royally screwed up here - exactly when Vanney gives him the armband. It says a hell of a lot about where his head is at and his leadership capabilities for this team - from a multi-million dollar player. It is up to him to pull a rabbit out of his ass in the KC or New York games. Are you saying he can captain the team like Caldwell? Pure disappointment. Trade Altidore and get Laba back - we need character and leadership - not thus kind of crap from Altidore. Sorry notthesun, but tonight he just indicated who shows up to be counted, and who cannot be relied upon.

He shouldn't have been made captain. But you are emotional and forgetting all the good he's done this season because he just fucked up. Won us a point just last week when Giovinco shied away from taking the penalty. He gets tossed around like a ragdoll every week when he's alone up front and he snapped. Shouldn't have done it but I'd put money down that he won't do it again.

And for god's sake can we shut up about Laba already? Bradley is 10x the player - and leader, by the way - than Laba will ever be.

TorontoFC6fan
08-01-2015, 08:31 PM
Sadly if Findley had scored that wide open header and Perquis didn't commit that idiotic foul. this game would have been tied up right now.

shwade
08-01-2015, 08:32 PM
Jozy is a TAM player not a 5m DP.

JavierMartini
08-01-2015, 08:33 PM
We need to learn to dive in the box. Everyone else is doing it why not?

JavierMartini
08-01-2015, 08:33 PM
Sadly if Findley had scored that wide open header and Perquis didn't commit that idiotic foul. this game would have been tied up right now.

That was a dive, call a spade a spade.

tiberius
08-01-2015, 08:35 PM
He shouldn't have been made captain. ... Shouldn't have done it but I'd put money down that he won't do it again.

And for god's sake can we shut up about Laba already? Bradley is 10x the player - and leader, by the way - than Laba will ever be.

You can be sure there will be no repeat - Vanney will never give him the armband again...

Don't make some random switch to Bradley - I would trade Vancouver Altidore for Laba in a heartbeat - wouldn't you?? I want heart, smarts, leadership, desire... not what I saw on the pitch tonight...

Altidore can redeem himself - he just needs to perform in his next 2-3 games - show us he is not that guy we saw tonight...

notthesun
08-01-2015, 08:36 PM
Don't make some random switch to Bradley - I would trade Vancouver Altidore for Laba in a heartbeat - wouldn't you?? I want heart, smarts, leadership, desire... not what I saw on the pitch tonight...

How is it a random switch to mention Bradley when Laba is the guy we dumped to get him? You're the one who brought up Laba for no reason when talking about Altidore. That's random.

pdubs
08-01-2015, 08:37 PM
We need to learn to dive in the box. Everyone else is doing it why not?

https://twitter.com/totalmls/status/627651075982655488

mowe
08-01-2015, 08:40 PM
Whatever, take the loss and move on. Hopefully Bradley is back for Wednesday.

tiberius
08-01-2015, 08:40 PM
How is it a random switch to mention Bradley when Laba is the guy we dumped to get him? You're the one who brought up Laba for no reason when talking about Altidore. That's random.

Who cares about trade history... Who do you want - Laba or Altidore? Simple question... Vanney could give Robo a call tonight...

JavierMartini
08-01-2015, 08:41 PM
I'm serious man. There was more contact stopping chapman from getting to the header at the end of the game than on the dive that gave them a penalty.

Just dive dive dive dive.

TorontoFC6fan
08-01-2015, 08:42 PM
He shouldn't have been made captain. But you are emotional and forgetting all the good he's done this season because he just fucked up. Won us a point just last week when Giovinco shied away from taking the penalty. He gets tossed around like a ragdoll every week when he's alone up front and he snapped. Shouldn't have done it but I'd put money down that he won't do it again.

Yea I don't get the jozy hate. The guy has the 2nd most goals on the team. Sure he made a bone headed play but it's not like he does this every game. The team just didn't play well from the start. Yea lets trade jozy for laba and then we have Findley as a starting striker lol

pdubs
08-01-2015, 08:45 PM
We bounced back after that terrible LA Galaxy game. Can do the same again. Bound to have some bad ones on the road with all the points we have taken.

On to the next one boys

JavierMartini
08-01-2015, 08:49 PM
After the second Davies dive Vanney should have got Cheyrou to go studs up into his ankles. If MLS refs wont call it then players need to be taught lessons when they do it.

If i was Bendik i would have drop kicked the ball at the ref after that terrible call. He won the fking ball.

The Dive on the penalty they got was so blatant, why don't we dive in the box? We need to start diving.

Crevalle & Findley need to be put on waivers.

Marc"2L"
08-01-2015, 08:56 PM
And your winning scapegoat on the night is:

Country joe, Altidore and dives.

Bonus is Turf.

Thank you for playing RPB post game loss lottery.

notthesun
08-01-2015, 08:57 PM
Who cares about trade history... Who do you want - Laba or Altidore? Simple question... Vanney could give Robo a call tonight...

Considering our midfield has been looking pretty good without Laba, and we'd be starting Moore or Findley without Altidore, this is a pretty easy pick.

I've about had my fill of this foolish discussion now.

-------------------------

On the bright side, good to see Osorio finally get one. Hopefully he gets on a bit of a roll now. But huge credit to Delgado. Created the entire play from midfield: https://streamable.com/0uy5

He's been great since coming back from the U-20s. Fantastic depth addition to the team.

Canary10
08-01-2015, 09:00 PM
Montreal is right on our ass now. Better points per game (marginally). Can't take anything for granted.