PDA

View Full Version : Buddle's Substance Abuse Problems.

Dub Narcotic
07-25-2008, 01:17 AM
Two questions:

i) Was this known to anyone while he was in Toronto?

ii) What kind of substance abuse can you do on an MLS salary? Glue?

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
07-25-2008, 01:31 AM
unless you have a link!!

fooooook off! :)

etro
07-25-2008, 01:48 AM
Two questions:

i) Was this known to anyone while he was in Toronto?

ii) What kind of substance abuse can you do on an MLS salary? Glue?

glue, whiteout, hell maybe permanent markers LOL

this was like 3 years ago LOL http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_qn4188/is_20050816/ai_n14880703

"BUDDLE OUT FOR A WHILE Columbus Crew forward Edson Buddle, who pleaded guilty to drunken driving this week, is being held out of games by Major League Soccer because he violated its substance abuse and behavioral health policy.
MLS spokesman Simon Borg said Buddle has not been suspended and declined to say what he did to violate the policy. Buddle will not be allowed to play until he is cleared by doctors, the league said in a release Saturday.
Buddle, 24, pleaded guilty Friday in Franklin County Municipal Court to a charge of drunken driving. Four other charges were dismissed. He was fined $599 and his license was suspended.
Columbus police pulled Buddle over on July 31 and he refused to take a Breathalyzer test.
"Our first priority and primary concern is Edson's health and well-being," Crew general manager Mark McCullers said in a release Friday. "We look forward to him returning to the team as soon as possible."
Buddle leads the Crew with five goals this season."

Ossington Mental Youth
07-25-2008, 04:19 AM
Fuck we let him have it tonight
I fucking hate that cunt

Pachuco
07-25-2008, 05:28 AM
I didnt realize the was the Entertainment Tonight thread. Honestly, I don't care about these guys private lives.

ensco
07-25-2008, 09:14 AM
this is an inappropriate thread - should be deleted

Oldtimer
07-25-2008, 12:19 PM
agreed.

Also it seems odd to have a thread against a player's alleged substance abuse posted by someone's whose board name is dub narcotic.

Broadview
07-25-2008, 02:53 PM
When he was with the Crew they played a friendly against West Ham. Some of the players from both teams went out for pints afterwards and Buddle was nabbed driving home.

I'm sure one of the charges that they dropped was DWB.

Chevy
07-25-2008, 02:55 PM
Irrelevant BS. Delete the thread.

Dub Narcotic
07-25-2008, 03:18 PM
I don't see how its irrelevant at all, he was suspended under the league substance abuse policy, and his comeback this year has been partly credited to overcoming his problems. Both he and Quaranta's substance abuse problems have been covered in major newspaper articles.

jloome
07-25-2008, 08:23 PM
That doesn't make it relevant, just factual. This is a goulish topic; sitting around discussing another person's addictions is vindictive and small, and beneath you, Dub. Close the fucking thread, ok?

Dirk Diggler
07-25-2008, 09:03 PM
I don't think that discussing this is quite out-of-bounds. However, the second comment in the original post gives off the impression that you're interested in taking the piss more than anything else.

Chevy
07-25-2008, 09:12 PM
I don't see how its irrelevant at all, he was suspended under the league substance abuse policy, and his comeback this year has been partly credited to overcoming his problems. Both he and Quaranta's substance abuse problems have been covered in major newspaper articles.

Then post a link, add some value to this borderline thread.