PDA

View Full Version : Chris Konopka Suspended and fined. wow.

JavierMartini
07-15-2015, 01:39 PM
http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/article/2015/07/15/mls-disciplinary-committee-suspends-toronto-fc-goalkeeper-chris-konopka-one-

:facepalm:

Chevy
07-15-2015, 01:49 PM
MLS, please tell me how a keeper making a save attempt gets suspended but assaulting a defender (Perquis) with an elbow to the head from behind goes unpunished?

Jack
07-15-2015, 01:51 PM
MLS, please tell me how a keeper making a save attempt gets suspended but assaulting a defender (Perquis) with an elbow to the head from behind goes unpunished?
Or stomping a guy's achilles well away from the ball?

Or a two-footed tackle from behind that ended up called as a foul on the receiver with not even a yellow for the defender.

Or...or...or

This league's officiating is fucked.

Red I
07-15-2015, 01:52 PM

... Or raking the achilles of Giovinco off the ball, but in view of cameras... or Villa's embelishment on the PK ...

EDIT: Crap Jack, you beat me to it... my bad!

Red I
07-15-2015, 01:56 PM
Did Bez nail the commish's wife or something!?! I am incredibly dumbfounded as to how one-sided disciplinary decisions have been for this team all year.

It is beyond the point of obvious into the realm of farcical

dupont
07-15-2015, 02:09 PM
What the heck? The league never seems to miss anything that TFC players do... I wish they were as thorough with the other teams. Didn't NYCFC player Jacobson give Perquis a vicious elbow to the back of the head a few weeks ago? I don't remember any punishment handed out for that one.

Ben - D.O.W.
07-15-2015, 02:10 PM
"Where the referee does not see the incident and therefore does not have the opportunity to act, the Committee will review any and all evidence and may act to discipline a player" - watch the video again, there is no way the referee did not see that incident. The ref didn't call it, even the other NYCFC players weren't complaining - this is such a soft call.

Jack
07-15-2015, 02:11 PM
Actually, upon watching the replay a few more times, it does sort of look like Konopka's right foot comes through Iraola's left shin. Studs up tackle, I guess. That said, it is a pretty weak call by the Committee, considering the fact they barely touch one another and Iraola makes a meal of it.

Globetrotter
07-15-2015, 02:23 PM
This is a good thing. Maybe that will be the last we see of Konopka in net.

Fort York Redcoat
07-15-2015, 02:38 PM
This is a good thing. Maybe that will be the last we see of Konopka in net.

No it is not a good thing. Just because you have a personal preference you shouldn't be thankful for terrible officiating against the team you support.

Globetrotter
07-15-2015, 07:54 PM
"this" referring to Konopka out of the net.
Not "this" referring to poor officiating or committee decisions.

denime
07-16-2015, 05:42 AM
This is why MLS is considered a BUSH LEAGUE around the world.

jazzy
07-16-2015, 05:56 PM
... Or raking the achilles of Giovinco off the ball, but in view of cameras... or Villa's embelishment on the PK ...

EDIT: Crap Jack, you beat me to it... my bad!

[QUOTE=Red I;1753045]Did Bez nail the commish's wife or something!?! I am incredibly dumbfounded as to how one-sided disciplinary decisions have been for this team all year.

a bit off topic but showing how the league sees us ,EG Garber choses both Gerrard and Lampard , to All-Star game, who haven't played a game over the best player in MLS........ think there is a pattern here . Nah...TIFo! Call .

The hurt on Giovinco is ridiculous and noted by the superior British announcers on sky sports . The have the balls to call out MLS and there hypocrisies , yet they love watching the positive side . MLS really does have a class

system and it is south of the border .

I'm sure we'll benefit though Gio won't take this lying down . watch him take it to MLS in his own scoring way .

Luanda
07-17-2015, 04:44 AM
One way to beat this thing is for MLSE to keep on overspending in high quality - young players like Gio and then force everyone else to adapt, as they have been doing.

ensco
07-17-2015, 08:28 AM
I missed that.

Putting aside the issue of consistency ... it should have been a red card. I get why they came back on that.