PDA

View Full Version : Jozy returns from the Gold Cup

Red CB Toronto
07-14-2015, 08:47 AM
https://twitter.com/JozyAltidore/status/620947473494843392

Detroit_TFC
07-14-2015, 08:49 AM
Le Cut Direct from Klinsmann. Only reason Jurg does this is due to poor fitness to play in the knockout round, and so that's not so great for TFC, at least immediately.

KGH
07-14-2015, 08:50 AM
Well thats not good. I wonder if its injury or performance.

notthesun
07-14-2015, 08:53 AM
It's performance because of injury. I doubt he sees the pitch this weekend, hopefully he can go next week.

dupont
07-14-2015, 09:09 AM
I think we rushed him back from injury too soon. Although, he would have been rushed back too soon for Gold Cup games either way... anyways I just hope he didn't get re-injured.

OgtheDim
07-14-2015, 09:13 AM
We should let him rest until he's fully healed. He hasn't looked right since he came back. Shut him down until the Orlando game (3 games off could mean a full Fall with him in).

ManUtd4ever
07-14-2015, 09:37 AM
I'm glad he's back. He can regain his fitness at the proper pace with our squad.

MartinUtd
07-14-2015, 09:41 AM
He's going to end up being more absent than Defoe, just for better reasons.

Canary10
07-14-2015, 10:16 AM
He's going to end up being more absent than Defoe, just for better reasons.

Isn't injury the same reason?

Detroit_TFC
07-14-2015, 10:17 AM
We should let him rest until he's fully healed. He hasn't looked right since he came back. Shut him down until the Orlando game (3 games off could mean a full Fall with him in).

This option gets my vote.

MartinUtd
07-14-2015, 10:45 AM
Isn't injury the same reason?

I think he just gave up towards the end.

C.Ronaldo
07-14-2015, 11:00 AM
no big loss, we have findley

OgtheDim
07-14-2015, 11:08 AM
no big loss, we have findley

And Hamilton is pretty good at keeping that chair warm......

Cas87
07-14-2015, 11:09 AM
Seemed relatively okay (albeit taking it easy) for the games he was back with us before the Gold Cup.

From watching the US opener in Frisco with the humidity that could not have helped his hamstring and then returning to the scene of the crime in New England in the second game probably put it over the edge where even Jozy said "send me back to recover"

Dub Narcotic
07-14-2015, 12:29 PM
Vanney better have pitched a huge fit about letting him go in the first place. He never should have been played.

OgtheDim
07-14-2015, 12:38 PM
Klinsmann's reasoning on all this

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CJ5Er-sUcAAp7St.png

C.Ronaldo
07-14-2015, 01:52 PM
ALAN GORDON!!

good for him, love him here.

C.Ronaldo
07-14-2015, 01:53 PM
Klinsmann's reasoning on all this

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CJ5Er-sUcAAp7St.png

cough bullshit cough

Couchy81
07-14-2015, 02:34 PM
Glad Jozy is back at least. Gordon will score I bet.

ensco
07-14-2015, 02:38 PM
cough bullshit cough

Yeah I agree, that bit about Gordon being "a pure giver to the group" is interesting, I'd say. You don't hear that when it's just an injury, or at least when you do, the coach usually goes out of his way to complement the player who is hurt in the same way.

Although Klinsmann is regularly tone deaf when it comes to this stuff.

Areathrasher
07-14-2015, 02:40 PM
Klinnsmann talks out of both sides of his mouth, meh.

The golazo against Montreal aside, Jozy looked well off the pace in that game and since his return. He rushed back, simple as.

jloome
07-14-2015, 05:07 PM
Yeah I agree, that bit about Gordon being "a pure giver to the group" is interesting, I'd say. You don't hear that when it's just an injury, or at least when you do, the coach usually goes out of his way to complement the player who is hurt in the same way.

Although Klinsmann is regularly tone deaf when it comes to this stuff.

Yeah, I wouldn't read the normal into that; very German to compliment one person without considering it a backhand to the other.

I think the translation is "he wasn't playing well", and they're saying it's because he's not back into the flow yet, which is probably true. Plus, Gordon is hugely underrated and always has been. If Arena hadnt wasted him as a pure target forward at the top of the box for a few years and then injuries hadn't hit, he'd have been a star.

ensco
07-14-2015, 06:04 PM
Yeah, I wouldn't read the normal into that; very German to compliment one person without considering it a backhand to the other.

I think the translation is "he wasn't playing well", and they're saying it's because he's not back into the flow yet, which is probably true. Plus, Gordon is hugely underrated and always has been. If Arena hadnt wasted him as a pure target forward at the top of the box for a few years and then injuries hadn't hit, he'd have been a star.

I dunno, I know some very polite/correct Germans. I'd agree that it's pure Klinsmann, and may or may not mean something.

69Chevy396
07-14-2015, 06:33 PM
Now is as good a time to trade Altidore as any. He would bring a star quality midfielder or defender in return, and open a Designated position. I don't see Altidore contributing regularly to this team in the near or long term. I like him, when he is healthy, but given his penchent for moping and grousing, and his recent history of abysmal finishing, why not use him to get a few much needed players?

Richard
07-14-2015, 06:47 PM
Abysmal finishing? Have you been watching?

sully
07-14-2015, 07:14 PM
Now is as good a time to trade Altidore as any. He would bring a star quality midfielder or defender in return, and open a Designated position. I don't see Altidore contributing regularly to this team in the near or long term. I like him, when he is healthy, but given his penchent for moping and grousing, and his recent history of abysmal finishing, why not use him to get a few much needed players?

Are you sure you know who Altidore is and what he's done lately?

ronzilla
07-14-2015, 07:32 PM
Im sort of on the fence with Altidore. He hasn't been brilliant although he hasn't been poor either, so he definitely deserves more time.

I just don't understand how he sometimes disappears from games for long period of time.

koolvid12
07-14-2015, 07:45 PM
Was absolutely terrible at the gold cup in positioning/runs/touch and ect.. but I'm 100% it was due to injuries.

trane
07-15-2015, 09:44 AM

What???? Altidore is as good as you get in this league in terms of finishing.Plus he is that pure big and relatively mobile Cf that compliments Giovinco. Why the hell would we trade him. No striker finishes all the chances that he gets. No one.

Altidore is the best pure 9 we have ever had, and some of our best players have been 9s ( Danny D. and Danny K.).

OgtheDim
07-15-2015, 09:51 AM
I don't get this "penchant for moping and grousing" thing.

When he's not scoring, he's upset.

When he's injured, he's upset.

He's an EFFIN STRIKER.

That's what they do.

He has been, by all accounts and evidence dialled totally into this team while here. He's been unselfish on the pitch. He does not care as long as we win. This is not Defoe.

If the USMNT supporters want to grab a scapegoat (and make no mistake, they desperately want to blame somebody for their lack of quality play so far and are using Altidore as that scapegoat), let them.

He's been fine for us.

Get healthy.

Then bear down for the push to the playoffs.

Jack
07-15-2015, 09:55 AM
Im sort of on the fence with Altidore. He hasn't been brilliant although he hasn't been poor either, so he definitely deserves more time.

I just don't understand how he sometimes disappears from games for long period of time.
There are a lot of strikers out there where you say "he wasn't in the game and then he popped up and scored two". That's sort of the point. Jozy has done this a few times for us and I think it is a good thing. Let opponents will focus on Giovinco, who can beat them off the dribble then find the forgotten man.

I mean, hell, Pippo Inzaghi made a whole brilliant career out of disappearing from games until just the right moment.

ManUtd4ever
07-15-2015, 10:00 AM
Altidore is arguably one of the best strikers in the league when he's in top form. Give him time to regain his conditioning and get back to the level he was playing at for us prior to his injury, because he is going to be crucial to this team down the stretch.

James17930
07-15-2015, 10:11 AM
And now we get Osorio and Morgan back too.

And not a moment too soon.

portu
07-15-2015, 10:29 AM
Altidore is arguably one of the best strikers in the league when he's in top form. Give him time to regain his conditioning and get back to the level he was playing at for us prior to his injury, because he is going to be crucial to this team down the stretch.
The key in all of this is that he is only one of the best strikers in the league when he is in top form, you get the sense that he's a very streaky player that's my only issue with Jozy at this point

ronzilla
07-19-2015, 10:53 AM
When is Bradley coming back ?

OgtheDim
07-19-2015, 10:56 AM
When is Bradley coming back ?

After the All Star game.