PDA

View Full Version : Why pick on the West Ham guy

gardooney
07-24-2008, 11:06 PM
I fucked up big time. I thought we were going to cheer against MLS. But FOR....... Jimmy. I decked myself up in full hammer attire flag and all and topped it off with my Brennan scarf. Well I had to buy a scalped ticked because my kids were in my seats. And holy shit did I get it. I was walking up the stairs to my seat in 114 and got the "Who are ya" chant And when West Ham scored and I raised my flag and I got showered in popcorn and streamers and beer. Then just before half a couple of guys were picking fights with me. Come on 20 year olds calling out a 45 year old. I would kill the little fucks.:taz:Anyhow at the half I moved to the top of 112 so as not to cause a scene. Well security came and told me I can't wave my flag. Well what the heck was I to do I asked when I could wave it and they said when West Ham scores or makes a big save. O.K.......Then just to make me feel comfy cozy they sent up a cop to keep an eye on me. To say I was steamed would be an understatement. Then in the 80th minute or so the head of security for the section came up and chatted with me and said her underlings were mistaken and it was O.K to wave my flag. Jeeze......... I can hardly wait for the next match.

windsorlad111
07-24-2008, 11:10 PM
and you have a Man City avatar? what kind of part time fan are you?

Pachuco
07-24-2008, 11:11 PM
That's what you get for wearing a West Ham jersey :)

Dirk Diggler
07-24-2008, 11:14 PM
I'm glad most people around me cheered for MLS.

nobodybeatsthewiz
07-24-2008, 11:21 PM
there were a lot of tourists there tonite in the south-end me suspects. i dont think many of the 114 regulars would've had the same point of view.

Nodoubtguy
07-24-2008, 11:21 PM
This you?? must be....I think thats a Brennan scarf
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3114/2700630560_f7fbef1194.jpg?v=0

gardooney
07-24-2008, 11:24 PM
and you have a Man City avatar? what kind of part time fan are you?
Not a West Ham fan at all. I collect all kinds of football shit and what I had I took to the game. Here we go with the "if you don't despise every other club your not a true supporter" shit..... C'mon

windsorlad111
07-24-2008, 11:29 PM
Not a west ham fan at all? yet you decked yourself out in their kit? sorry mate but you deserved all the shit you got. you are a fucking legend.

Phil
07-24-2008, 11:36 PM
I saw that over in 115. Sorry to hear about the hastle with the flag.

Sonny Cheeba
07-24-2008, 11:45 PM
what's the point in booing anyone for being a west ham supporter tonight? it's the fucking all star game. not a TFC game, where someone came into the wrong end. save that shit for games that really matter to TFC.

i didn't really care who won as long as it was a good game.

RealG-TFC
07-24-2008, 11:50 PM
Well, I made up my mind when I got to the game. I was pretty neutral but then i said to myself "I barely know 2 guys on west Ham; I know everyone on MLS" So I cheered for MLS.

loconet
07-24-2008, 11:51 PM
....and I got showered in popcorn and streamers and beer. .....

:eek: HAha. Sorry but I really laughed at that picture. This game was such a circus. Oh the confusion.

Red Rat
07-24-2008, 11:53 PM
But what the fuck.
This is not for you
Soy un perdedor........ a part time perdedor....... kiss my assss
Soy un perdedor, a part time perdedor.. kiss my assss ... I love you!

Sonny Cheeba
07-24-2008, 11:53 PM
yeah cheering on is one thing. but actively starting shit with someone at a meaningless match? c'mon, it was a nice flag too.

i was glad the all stars won. and i'm hoping that it inspires MLS FO's to strive for that level of talent the team had tonight.

RealG-TFC
07-24-2008, 11:57 PM
@redrat a part time loser?

Red Rat
07-25-2008, 12:04 AM
@redrat a part time loser?

Yes part time...
Brian I hate that you went through that shit, but tonight was a flop.

james
07-25-2008, 12:12 AM
i was disapointed tonight. Just like i was disapointed on tuesday, tho that was for a different reason. Tonight Showed how well organized are supporters really are. People didnt know if they should cheer for the All-stars, sit down, not cheer at all or cheer TFC chants non stop. Tonight was pathetic as far as being supporters was tonight!

MFBODD
07-25-2008, 12:12 AM
I know where you're coming from. There were a bunch of posts here where people said they would cheer for West Ham because the All-Star squad (Jimmy doesn't count) is made up of players that are the enemy for the entire season. Why cheer for the enemy?

Having people dump shit on you is pathetic. This was a friendly featuring a London club that is well over 100 years old and a made up team of MLS "star" players. This was not Toronto vs. West Ham. The All-Stars are not our club. I enjoyed the match and thought it was a good time, but really, I didn't care who was cheering for who.

Stugatzo
07-25-2008, 06:00 AM
Why TFC fans were cheering for players that every other week are our enemies is a mystery to me. Seriously.

KrazyKanadian
07-25-2008, 06:30 AM
I got into an argument with two TFC fans in front of me who insisted that everyone should cheer, drum, sing, and jump at the game. I asked them what possible reason would I have to use so much energy, and they couldn't come up with an answer.

I booed every player on both starting 11's, applauded the skill of both goals and Reis' saves, and cheered when Brennan and De Ro came on the pitch. And of course at the end of the game to show appreciation for both teams showing up and playing.

But to rag on a guy because he's wearing another team's kit at a match that doesn't mean anything? Grow up.

Batman
07-25-2008, 06:46 AM
Gradoney,
Glad you actually got into the game. I saw the boys in the bank line. What did the scalpers gut you for?

TFC Cityboy
07-25-2008, 07:08 AM
Gardooney- as a fellow City fan I have had a soft spot for WHU since our relegation there in 87 when the Hammers fans sang "You'll be back" and clapped us all the way back to the Tube. Classy club. classy supporters and the 2nd best academy in the UK (behind City). You didn't deserve that shit. It looked good natured from my spot, but I guess not...
Cheers

trane
07-25-2008, 07:45 AM
I did not support the MLS, fuck Hajduk, LadyCakes and company, West Ham looked good, Ashoton would score two a game agsint the shit CB is the MLS, Cole made some good, runs, Boa Morte and the Mids, looked solid, the only weekness was the back they looked like they were slugish, and that cost them the goals, for fuck sakes the Right Back fell, he better shape up or he will be riding the pines. I a dissapointed that most blindly supported our enemies.

Eastend
07-25-2008, 08:17 AM
Why TFC fans were cheering for players that every other week are our enemies is a mystery to me. Seriously.

This reasoning has been mentioned a few times but if you're going to use this logic how can anyone cheer for the CMNT? Right? Doesn't make sense to me.

Technorgasm
07-25-2008, 08:20 AM
there were a lot of tourists there tonite in the south-end me suspects. i dont think many of the 114 regulars would've had the same point of view.

100% NAILED it!

Ther wer a lot ALL over the Stadium! IT was a footy free for all as far as kits go. I was REALLY pleased to talk to a couple SONS OF BEN folks there for the game, as well as Real Salt LAke, and even a NER fan. . . but the Premeirship kits were saturating the place. . . I felt choked by them

koryo
07-25-2008, 08:32 AM
Not a West Ham fan at all. I collect all kinds of football shit and what I had I took to the game. Here we go with the "if you don't despise every other club your not a true supporter" shit..... C'mon

It's the state of things these days innit? the vast majority of the south end are either too drunk or too half-witted to take the piss (and let's face, we both know that wearing opposing colours in the south end deserves a good piss-taking), so they end up reverting to throwing whatever they have in their hands and posing as the hard case.

gardooney
07-25-2008, 09:56 AM
Gradoney,
Glad you actually got into the game. I saw the boys in the bank line. What did the scalpers gut you for?

I don't think he was a scalper. It was a spare ticket he was trying to get rid of. $ 60.00 for a $42.00 one. Wasn't bad, the pro scalpers were selling them for $100.00. No bank machines around the outside of BMO. You think they could have one outside.

GingerNinja
07-25-2008, 10:39 AM
The problem in 115 was some guy had an ICF flag. And another guy took exception to it starting yelling to take teh flag down and going crazy about that group killing people in the 70's.

I was cheering west ham, but from what I observed yesterday the rest of the south end doesn't care about us (RPB) or what we do.