PDA

View Full Version : Game 17: TFC Goes to the Bronx - NYC vs. TFC Sunday July 12 3 pm TSN

Pages : [1] 2 3

OgtheDim
07-06-2015, 01:17 PM
So we go from the league's widest field to its thinnest. Lampard to play, but not Pirlo.

Nobody suspended.

REF: TED UNKEL He has the most yellow cards per game of any ref in the league. Not that this means anything as the one guy just below him is Chapman who did the last NYCFC game and was pathetic.

Tough match but a result very possible.

PopePouri
07-06-2015, 01:50 PM
I don't think NYC will keep up this form. It has to return to the mean at some point so I'm hoping for a win and expecting a draw.

Red CB Toronto
07-06-2015, 01:56 PM
Looking forward to taking the 4 train up to Yankee Stadium this Sunday from Mid-Town Manhattan. It could be an interesting game. Hopefully this depleted Reds lineup can get more comfortable with each other with a full week of training this week and come out with better showing.

ryan
07-06-2015, 01:57 PM
We should put Tie Domi on the left wing for this one. #BreakAllTheirFuckingLegs

bimmer
07-06-2015, 02:19 PM
I'm guessing NYC is going to try and batter Gio the same way they did in Toronto, how the ref reacts to it will likely dictate the match. That said, I wonder how Unkel will screw us this time... phantom handball? No call in the box? Mystery offside? So many possibilities!

Pint
07-06-2015, 02:53 PM
Anyone watching this game in hamilton before the men's pan am soccer?

Fort York Redcoat
07-06-2015, 03:09 PM

I'll figure it out Wed after the Canada Gold Cup game.

lintberg
07-06-2015, 03:32 PM
Looking forward to visiting Yankee stadium for the first time to take in this match!
Hope we can get a result!

CBTFC
07-06-2015, 05:28 PM
Why do I have this gut feeling that Lampard will be scoring his first, second and third MLS goals against us on Sunday.

Richard
07-06-2015, 05:30 PM
I can feel it, its going to be a shit show regardless what happens and I guarantee the ref will loose control of the game.

notthesun
07-06-2015, 05:49 PM
Really, really want to put them in their place after the way the last game went. If they actually try to play instead of bunker Giovinco should find a ton of space.

TFC07
07-06-2015, 05:56 PM
I hope TFC hack Lampard and Villa as much as NYCFC going to hack Giovinco.

ronzilla
07-06-2015, 07:59 PM
Vanney needs to instruct the team to Get The Fuckin Ball to Giovinco ! Last game i believe he only had 7-8 touches the entire game. Ridiculous.

69Chevy396
07-06-2015, 08:03 PM
Why do I have this gut feeling that Lampard will be scoring his first, second and third MLS goals against us on Sunday.
After the debacle last week, TFC is once again heading for the basement unless they replace all of the defenders, excepting for Perquous (spelling?)....we are so easily scored upon by most playoff bound teams. Pretty embarrassing that every other expansion team since 07 takes only a year or two to be competetive.

portu
07-06-2015, 08:18 PM
Kneecap lampard day

DOMIN8R
07-06-2015, 09:14 PM
You guys reminded me of Serioux's, Welcome to the MLS Beckham (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GMrLvSbS1JM), by back in 2008.

Fort York Redcoat
07-07-2015, 07:56 AM
Vanney needs to instruct the team to Get The Fuckin Ball to Giovinco ! Last game i believe he only had 7-8 touches the entire game. Ridiculous.

Well once you count how many long balls DIDN'T get to him that were sent plus the times he was double or triple teamed... its just as ridiculous to stick with one play regardless of the result.

It was a frustrating game from that POV that EVERYONE on that field or sideline knew the limited options we had for goalscoring that game.

But this is a new game and we'll see some adjustments made to the lineup I'd hope.

Oldtimer
07-07-2015, 11:06 AM
Unfortunately, New York is a key opponent in trying to make the playoffs, and we really need points against them. A win or a loss has massive implications.

OgtheDim
07-07-2015, 12:27 PM
John Molinaro ‏@JohnMolinaro (https://twitter.com/JohnMolinaro) 20m20 minutes ago (https://twitter.com/JohnMolinaro/status/618465482849579009) Luke Moore back with #TFC (https://twitter.com/hashtag/TFC?src=hash). Bright Dike available to play. Bloom a possibility for Sunday. Caldwell won't play Sunday.
0 retweets 0 favorites

Jack
07-07-2015, 12:32 PM
John Molinaro ‏@JohnMolinaro (https://twitter.com/JohnMolinaro) 20m20 minutes ago (https://twitter.com/JohnMolinaro/status/618465482849579009) Luke Moore back with #TFC (https://twitter.com/hashtag/TFC?src=hash). Bright Dike available to play. Bloom a possibility for Sunday. Caldwell won't play Sunday.
0 retweets 0 favorites
Good to have more options. Bad that they aren't named Bradley and Altidore (or even Osorio and Morgan).

ronzilla
07-07-2015, 12:57 PM
Giovinco - Moore

Chapman

Keep Cheyrou back to hold the midfield and we should have a game.

Graeme
07-07-2015, 02:18 PM
Giovinco - Moore

Chapman

Keep Cheyrou back to hold the midfield and we should have a game.

Or even:

---------Dike - Moore-------
----------Giovinco----------
Chapman ---------- Warner-
----------Cheyrou------------

OgtheDim
07-07-2015, 02:24 PM
Giovinco takes the most shots this league has ever seen.

No way he plays as an AM.

Jack
07-07-2015, 02:42 PM
Or even:

---------Dike - Moore-------
----------Giovinco----------
Chapman ---------- Warner-
----------Cheyrou------------

Giovinco takes the most shots this league has ever seen.

No way he plays as an AM.
I agree. I've seen a fair number of suggested lineups where Gio is slotted in at the top of the diamond. I just don't see it. He plays like a forward and does extremely well as a forward. The way our team plays that diamond, our AM is really a midfielder, not an "in-the-hole" forward/attacker. Bradley (and anyone who covers for him) has to track back and help not just with attacking, but with winning balls and making the transition. That takes Gio a long way from the goal where he is most dangerous (or, if he stays up that way, it leaves our other midfielders with less options and support to recover and transition to attack). Either way, I don't see Gio playing in that spot anytime soon.

Heart of Stone
07-07-2015, 03:47 PM
Surprised to see game will start at 3:00 PM and not 5:00 PM... glad I checked.

It is not possible to tailgate in a traditional sense at Yankee Stadium because of the parking garages... any ideas for pro-soccer pre-game pubs/bars near Yankee Stadium?

Are those headed to the game sitting in 224 or elsewhere? Away Supporters are kept after the game for 30 - 45 min. due to security measures.

jloome
07-07-2015, 05:07 PM
I agree. I've seen a fair number of suggested lineups where Gio is slotted in at the top of the diamond. I just don't see it. He plays like a forward and does extremely well as a forward. The way our team plays that diamond, our AM is really a midfielder, not an "in-the-hole" forward/attacker. Bradley (and anyone who covers for him) has to track back and help not just with attacking, but with winning balls and making the transition. That takes Gio a long way from the goal where he is most dangerous (or, if he stays up that way, it leaves our other midfielders with less options and support to recover and transition to attack). Either way, I don't see Gio playing in that spot anytime soon.

If we end up in another Seba hackfest with NYFC constantly clearing the ball long, I wouldn't be averse to seeing Seba in the hole and Hamilton up next to Moore so that they can knock down and hold up balls for him. Hagglund, who played some forward in college and is exceptionl in the air, would be another option. His job is purely to win headers and hold up the ball with back to goal, distribute to Seba and Moore, win corners. It seems a feasible strategy based on how much time our opponents seem to spend clearing the ball long these days.

Red CB Toronto
07-07-2015, 05:22 PM
Surprised to see game will start at 3:00 PM and not 5:00 PM... glad I checked.

It is not possible to tailgate in a traditional sense at Yankee Stadium because of the parking garages... any ideas for pro-soccer pre-game pubs/bars near Yankee Stadium?

Are those headed to the game sitting in 224 or elsewhere? Away Supporters are kept after the game for 30 - 45 min. due to security measures.

The Dugout across the street is where a lot of footy supporters go pre-game, I will likely be there for a bit anyways!!

Jack
07-07-2015, 06:12 PM
If we end up in another Seba hackfest with NYFC constantly clearing the ball long, I wouldn't be averse to seeing Seba in the hole and Hamilton up next to Moore so that they can knock down and hold up balls for him. Hagglund, who played some forward in college and is exceptionl in the air, would be another option. His job is purely to win headers and hold up the ball with back to goal, distribute to Seba and Moore, win corners. It seems a feasible strategy based on how much time our opponents seem to spend clearing the ball long these days.
That would have to be a halftime or late game adjustment, though. I have no doubt that they will play their hacking game, so hopefully we can find a way to get him some time and space. We can't rely on the referees to call things, so we'll have to figure something out.

ManUtd4ever
07-07-2015, 06:39 PM
I would try this:

------------------Bendik---------------------

Delgado---Perquis---Zavaleta---Morrow

-----------------Cheyrou--------------------

Jackson-----------------------------Warner

----------------Chapman-------------------

----------Moore----------Giovinco---------

OgtheDim
07-07-2015, 07:09 PM
Hoping Bloom starts to be honest. He's not much going forward but he's decent in defence.

Jack
07-07-2015, 07:21 PM
Hoping Bloom starts to be honest. He's not much going forward but he's decent in defence.
Even if he does start, I can't imagine his timing and fitness are going to be there for this one. He'll likely need a few matches for that.

Red CB Toronto
07-07-2015, 08:59 PM
Even if he does start, I can't imagine his timing and fitness are going to be there for this one. He'll likely need a few matches for that.

I agree, it would be my preference for Mark to get a runout with TFCII first to get his legs back under him etc.

molenshtain
07-08-2015, 03:08 AM

I think Bloom's pretty underrated going forward honestly. He's not more than average athletically for the position but when he was in form he was very good at choosing his spots to get forward and exploiting space and was probably our most accurate crosser. Then the collective mid season slump happened and he got lost on defense and lost confidence going forward.

I'd love to see what kind of effect Vanney could have on him. If he comes back at his best he's exactly the type of FB you want opposite of Morrow's bombing forward all game. Calm, Composed, stays back a little more often but exploits space well when it's given to him.

trane
07-08-2015, 10:38 AM

That is were I would play him, let the two forwards give him space in front of him, and let him operate in an out of the pocket behind him. BUT he should not be expected to track back, so all three of the mids, need to stay responsible defensively. It should be played in the classic Italian 4-3-1-2, I think he played there for Parma and had a monster year. If the 4-3 stays in shape it shuold stay solid defensively, and then just feed the ball forward to giovinco, who will orchestrate the attack. Clearly Gio will have to be allowed to move as he likes in there.

Jack
07-08-2015, 10:54 AM
That is were I would play him, let the two forwards give him space in front of him, and let him operate in an out of the pocket behind him. BUT he should not be expected to track back, so all three of the mids, need to stay responsible defensively. It should be played in the classic Italian 4-3-1-2, I think he played there for Parma and had a monster year. If the 4-3 stays in shape it shuold stay solid defensively, and then just feed the ball forward to giovinco, who will orchestrate the attack. Clearly Gio will have to be allowed to move as he likes in there.
It's an interesting idea, but I see some holes in this plan. We need the extra mid tracking back on D to help balance Morrow's runs. Morrow gives us the only real width we have in attack on his overlaps. Our attack would be pretty stagnant with only Gio, Moore and Finley up front while they think defence first. Our ball movement is still solid, even without Oso, Altidore and Bradley, so I'd be inclined to stick to our guns and see what our subs can do. These guys have only had one start and it was a nightmare game in LA, made worse by the shit phantom penalty and an atrocious brainfart by Morrow. Give Chapman some time at the top of the diamond and see what he can do.

TorontoFC6fan
07-08-2015, 07:33 PM
Giovinco - Moore

Chapman

Keep Cheyrou back to hold the midfield and we should have a game. So Luke Moore is starting with Findley replacing him later in the game..

http://i2.wp.com/www.raptorscage.ca/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/Casey-GIF.gif

Jack
07-08-2015, 08:08 PM
So Luke Moore is starting with Findley replacing him later in the game..

Our third choice striker and our fourth, so I agree, it isn't ideal. That said, if Moore plays like he did while Altidore was out, that will be a plus, as he did unexpectedly well.

Fort York Redcoat
07-08-2015, 08:55 PM

In your opinion did Findley do enough to start this next game? I don't see it. He moves faster than Moore but doesn't seem to add more. Who else to provide the bulk and contrast to Formica Atomica?

Ossington Mental Youth
07-08-2015, 09:30 PM
In your opinion did Findley do enough to start this next game? I don't see it. He moves faster than Moore but doesn't seem to add more. Who else to provide the bulk and contrast to Formica Atomica?

Dude just hates Moore

ronzilla
07-08-2015, 10:01 PM
Moore sucks but Finley is much worse. There is no better option.

Brooker
07-08-2015, 10:06 PM
Who's good with photoshop?

http://images.moviepostershop.com/rumble-in-the-bronx-movie-poster-1996-1020472112.jpg

TorontoFC6fan
07-08-2015, 10:56 PM
Moore sucks but Finley is much worse. There is no better option.
Couldn't have said it any better.

TorontoFC6fan
07-08-2015, 10:57 PM
Dude just hates Moore they both suck! I'm just pissed because that's actually our top 2 options now.

Jack
07-08-2015, 11:21 PM
they both suck! I'm just pissed because that's actually our top 2 options now.
Findley hasn't shown much, but Moore has been serviceable as a backup when paired with Giovinco. Findley and Moore as a pairing would be cause for concern, so we have to hope Giovinco keeps up his good form and avoids injury.

OgtheDim
07-10-2015, 04:07 PM
Lampard

I'm having problems not laughing.

That is priceless.

Ultra & Proud
07-10-2015, 04:27 PM
Lampard

I'm having problems not laughing.

That is priceless.
And classic.

Expecting another game of our guys getting gooned all over the pitch.

OgtheDim
07-10-2015, 04:32 PM
Kurtis Larson ‏@KurtLarSUN (https://twitter.com/KurtLarSUN) Expect some changes to Toronto FC's XI on Sunday. Some could surprise you.

Follows up with

Kurtis Larson ‏@KurtLarSUN (https://twitter.com/KurtLarSUN) 52m52 minutes ago (https://twitter.com/KurtLarSUN/status/619605847811969024)
@mcolvy (https://twitter.com/mcolvy) Well, they did just lose 4-0.
(https://twitter.com/KurtLarSUN/status/619605847811969024)

Let the speculation begin.....

OgtheDim
07-10-2015, 04:41 PM
Pure utter speculation

4-5-1

Bendik back in net

Perquis and Hagglund in the middle

Morrow and Bloom on the outside

5 across the middle with Jackson, Champman, Cheyrou, Warner, Delgado

Giovinco up top

Muscle and speed and the ability to kick the shit out of them if necessary

barticusz
07-10-2015, 04:48 PM
Caldwell get back in?

OgtheDim
07-10-2015, 05:11 PM
Caldwell get back in?

Vanney ruled him out earlier this week.

Ivy
07-10-2015, 05:15 PM
@NYCFC: Frank Lampard Ruled Out vs. @torontofc #NYCFC

Read: http://t.co/1awM9ZkfWI http://t.co/e0HTwgBase

bbbaaaahahahahahahahaha.

portu
07-10-2015, 08:15 PM
Is Simonin fit or is that too big of a surprise?

shwade
07-10-2015, 08:27 PM

bbbaaaahahahahahahahaha.

Tank gawd. Although they didn't need him last time

OgtheDim
07-10-2015, 09:06 PM
Is Simonin fit or is that too big of a surprise?

According to Vanney, no.

Greatest Ripoff
07-11-2015, 04:03 AM

There will be people at the touchdown pub by the ground in Haliton watching this match.

Fort York Redcoat
07-11-2015, 07:12 AM

bbbaaaahahahahahahahaha.

This improves my morning immensely.

Ol MAn City had a farm
NYCFC
And on this farm they had a Frank
Where could Frankie be???

PopePouri
07-11-2015, 09:50 AM
Maybe 4-3-3?

Findley-----Moore------Jackson
-------Chapman--Warner-------
-------------Cheyrou------------
-Morrow--Perquis-Zavaleta-Bloom
-------------Konopka---------------

portu
07-11-2015, 09:59 AM

Ol MAn City had a farm
NYCFC
Lol yes!

portu
07-11-2015, 10:00 AM
Maybe 4-3-3?

Findley-----Moore------Jackson
I want to see us play a 4-3-3 so badly, replace Findley with Giovinco and Chapman with Creavalle though

PopePouri
07-11-2015, 11:15 AM
I want to see us play a 4-3-3 so badly, replace Findley with Giovinco and Chapman with Creavalle though

Geez. Forgot about Giovinco.

Giovinco-----Moore------Jackson

If it's Creavalle and Warner then we'll get no creativity through the middle. It'll be Canada El Salvador all over again.

Pint
07-11-2015, 11:29 AM

Ol MAn City had a farm
NYCFC

With a calfstrain here and a loan spell their
NYCFC

Just to add on

Richard
07-11-2015, 11:35 AM
That's brilliant.

ronzilla
07-11-2015, 11:53 AM
This is going to be another physical game vs the Reds and it will all come down to the officiating. If they allow
the barbaric attacks on Giovinco, there is no chance of winning or even drawing for that matter.

Perquis also needs to keep cool because they know he is short fused and they will intimidate him in hopes of having him sent off.

In a clean game of soccer, i would put my money on Toronto, although im convinced that the officiating will be lop-sided
in favor of NY.

notthesun
07-11-2015, 02:04 PM
Simonin on the bench for TFCII vs. Rochester.

James17930
07-11-2015, 04:41 PM
What about Bright Dike? Is he still alive and/or useful?

DOMIN8R
07-11-2015, 05:01 PM
We may be lucky enough to steal a point. But I don't think so. This, in spite of their first team losses due to injury and GC. Once again, I hope that I'm wrong.

BTW - Looking at this, I couldn't help thinking about our RPB trips to KC before they were sporting (pun intended) and they played on a similar configured pitch. Ah, the memories.g:D

http://mlb.mlb.com/assets/images/7/5/4/72869754/cuts/soccer640_7qctf5ks_o6u9jauw.jpg

OgtheDim
07-11-2015, 05:09 PM
Kurtis Larson ‏@KurtLarSUN (https://twitter.com/KurtLarSUN) 2h2 hours ago (https://twitter.com/KurtLarSUN/status/619967039399174145) Kurtis Larson retweeted JK
Was told yesterday he'll be with the team. I'd be surprised to see him start.

JK @_deRigueur_ @KurtLarSUN Kurt, is Bloom match fit?

portu
07-11-2015, 05:35 PM
Come on you reds podcast mentioned possibility of Lovitz at leftback and Morrow on the opposite side

Heart of Stone
07-11-2015, 06:57 PM
At red bull arena in wonderful Harrison, nj. Wright-Phillips already has two. 750 Revolution supporters here. 4 hour drive from Boston for them.

Can't wait for tomorrow's match at Yankee Stadium.

shwade
07-11-2015, 07:08 PM
Come on you reds podcast mentioned possibility of Lovitz at leftback and Morrow on the opposite side

Oh god Lovitz at left back. He can barely handle attacking duties..scary to see him defending.

jazzy
07-11-2015, 07:42 PM

http://i2.wp.com/www.raptorscage.ca/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/Casey-GIF.gif
Funny.....and I needed that.........after the Canada/Jamaica game bring back Morgan and Orso

Richard
07-11-2015, 07:57 PM
Absolutely ridiculous that Morgan and Osorio are away and not even playing, time to take the kid gloves off and withhold them for the next few friendlies.

notthesun
07-11-2015, 08:22 PM
Yeah, real glad we let them go to get a cumulative total of like 8 minutes on the pitch. Floro is a complete moron.

OgtheDim
07-11-2015, 09:07 PM
They'll be rested and pissed off for the Philly game.

Floro has no clue about CONCACAF

Ossington Mental Youth
07-11-2015, 09:20 PM
Gotta say it's been disappointing on both ends

ag futbol
07-11-2015, 09:30 PM
Not exactly a ringing endorsement, but then again it's an awful team.

And Morgan would be roasted out there with the amount they are isolating our fullbacks ... Let's not kid ourselves.

OgtheDim
07-11-2015, 10:01 PM
Yes, Jamaica is at a different level then MLS but, the LB out there tonight for Canada, in the first half alone, made 5 awful back passes and basically was a pylon - and he looked out of shape.

Morgan is not out of shape and now knows when to boot the ball out and or up.

ag futbol
07-11-2015, 10:53 PM
Out of shape wouldn't be the factor, defensive positioning would be. De Jong is no slouch and despite what appeared to be a weak game. I'd take him over Morgan any day.

Pint
07-11-2015, 11:12 PM
De Jong in the mid would be solid move.

with a 4-1-4-1:

Stam
hainault - jacovic - edgar - morgan
Teibert
Rickets - Oso - De Jong - Akindele
Larin

JDG played a very good game and would like to work him in but i like this likeup better moving forward

Pookie
07-12-2015, 05:47 AM

Ol MAn City had a farm
NYCFC

with a calf strain here and a loan spell there
Here a strain there a pain
Everywhere a young man's game
Ol Man City had a farm
NYCFC

Pookie
07-12-2015, 05:53 AM
As for the game, I could do without the big bad nycfc bullied us bit going on in the press. Saying they hey were surprised by the tactics of the last game. After about 10 mins of seeing it, it would no longer be surprise time... it would be response time. You don't need 80 mins to figure it out. Just push back.

Probably more of the same this game. Best be prepared with a game plan.

TorontoFC6fan
07-12-2015, 07:17 AM
Absolutely ridiculous that Morgan and Osorio are away and not even playing, time to take the kid gloves off and withhold them for the next few friendlies.
And that's why they'll stay in Toronto after the Costa Rica game. People say vanney is a bad coach but he's a genius compared to Floro. Piette can't string passes together yet his starting spot is set in stone. Seriously how is a country the size of Canada, with the money this country has to put into soccer this poor ? We can't beat islands smaller than city's in Canada smh how embarrassing. Now i truly understand why so many people in this Canada just support the country of their parents birth. A lot of these Caribbean islands in CONCACAF well surpass us in the coming years. Keep in mind a lot of these Islands have less money to put into the sport, smaller talent pool to pick from and some of them don't even have soccer stadiums.

Fort York Redcoat
07-12-2015, 09:36 AM
We may be lucky enough to steal a point. But I don't think so. This, in spite of their first team losses due to injury and GC. Once again, I hope that I'm wrong.

BTW - Looking at this, I couldn't help thinking about our RPB trips to KC before they were sporting (pun intended) and they played on a similar configured pitch. Ah, the memories.g:D

http://mlb.mlb.com/assets/images/7/5/4/72869754/cuts/soccer640_7qctf5ks_o6u9jauw.jpg

This makes me think of the old NASL. Play Ball!

Fort York Redcoat
07-12-2015, 09:38 AM
And that's why they'll stay in Toronto after the Costa Rica game. People say vanney is a bad coach but he's a genius compared to Floro. Piette can't string passes together yet his starting spot is set in stone. Seriously how is a country the size of Canada, with the money this country has to put into soccer this poor ? We can't beat islands smaller than city's in Canada smh how embarrassing. Now i truly understand why so many people in this Canada just support the country of their parents birth. A lot of these Caribbean islands in CONCACAF well surpass us in the coming years. Keep in mind a lot of these Islands have less money to put into the sport, smaller talent pool to pick from and some of them don't even have soccer stadiums.

I hear they just got a hockey team in Jamaica. Maybe we should compare their 2 programs to ours.

And fuck that club over country shit. Floro hasn't said anything about his plan so all we have is uninformed guesses about Oso and Morgans omission. Lay the blame where it should be - the MLS schedule.

lips
07-12-2015, 10:13 AM
Some of us are meeting up at The Undermount in Hamilton to watch game today. Then heading over to the Canada game on shuttle bus which leaves every 10 minutes.

shwade
07-12-2015, 10:27 AM
Yeah because canada's limited to the same resources as Jamaica...

ag futbol
07-12-2015, 10:42 AM
And fuck that club over country shit. Floro hasn't said anything about his plan so all we have is uninformed guesses about Oso and Morgans omission. Lay the blame where it should be - the MLS schedule.
You get called, you go. MLS has only itself to blame for these scenarios.

We can hum and haw about some lineup decisions but really this team is already 70% out of it. Whatever Floro does with lineup decisions is really background noise to a player pool for Canada that is easily the worst I've ever seen. We have near zero creativity. The entire team consists of hard workers and strikers who rely on service.

I hate to go back to the well of blaming the association but it still holds true. People are drinking the coolaid about their reforms but when you are so far behind the competition you need more radical change. Nobody on the executive would be considered qualified to lead a FA in another country. The tried and true formula of amateurs driving the bus remains today and it's taking us nowhere.

TorontoFC6fan
07-12-2015, 11:03 AM
I hear they just got a hockey team in Jamaica. Maybe we should compare their 2 programs to ours.
Sadly it's not just Jamaica. Im pretty sure Trinidad who is coached by Ex Canadian coach Stephen Hart is better than us at this point. Not only are they ranked higher than us but They won their first game at the Gold Cup and are looking to move on with another win or draw tomorrow. When i look at the Trinidad team most of their players play in Trinidad..Trinidad is producing better players than us ? Keep in mind Hart said they were low on cash and could not play as much friendly's as the other teams. yet they are preforming better than us SMH... Canada is loaded compare to these Islands which means they have more money to put into the sport, Trinidad is smaller which means a smaller talent pool to pick from, we have better facilities/ big stadiums in every city and yet no accomplishments. It's just flat out embarrassing! It's just sad and actually pretty damn pathetic when you look at a Country this size and how poor it is at 1 of the top sports in the world.

Trinidad's federation is cash strap and didn't have money for their Women's team and yet they only missed the Womens World cup by 1 goal in a playoff game. just imagine if their federation actually had the funds and facilities we have.
http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/oct/14/soccers-princesses-and-paupers-trinidad-tobago-usa-wnt

(http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/oct/14/soccers-princesses-and-paupers-trinidad-tobago-usa-wnt)

DOMIN8R
07-12-2015, 11:18 AM
:topic:

There is a Gold Cup thread already in this forum.

Please and thank you.

OgtheDim
07-12-2015, 11:40 AM
ANNNNNNNNNDDDD.....

Its game day people.

:scarf:

Pint
07-12-2015, 11:50 AM
Couple kings heading to undermount before pan am. Looking forward to watching the game with other supporters.

Canary10
07-12-2015, 12:33 PM
The table isn't looking so kind to us all of a sudden. Really need a win here.

OgtheDim
07-12-2015, 01:05 PM
Toronto FC ‏ (https://twitter.com/torontofc)

The @BacardiCanada (https://twitter.com/BacardiCanada) Starting XI: Konopka; Lovitz, Perquis, Hagglund, Morrow; Warner, Jackson, Delgado, Cheyrou, Findley; Giovinco.

And Lovitz it is in a 4-5-1, if TFC's semi colons can be trusted.

OgtheDim
07-12-2015, 01:06 PM
Bench: Bendik, Creavalle, Zavaleta, Bloom, Chapman, Hamilton, Moore.

notthesun
07-12-2015, 01:06 PM
Saw the Lovitz at LB thing coming. But Moore should be starting in place of Findley I think.

OgtheDim
07-12-2015, 01:07 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CJu1M4ZWUAA2toe.jpg

Kurtis Larson ‏@KurtLarSUN (https://twitter.com/KurtLarSUN) 16m16 minutes ago (https://twitter.com/KurtLarSUN/status/620288796769275904) Definitely some questionable patches here at Yankee Stadium.

PopePouri
07-12-2015, 01:10 PM
Toronto FC ‏ (https://twitter.com/torontofc)

The @BacardiCanada (https://twitter.com/BacardiCanada) Starting XI: Konopka; Lovitz, Perquis, Hagglund, Morrow; Warner, Jackson, Delgado, Cheyrou, Findley; Giovinco.

And Lovitz it is in a 4-5-1, if TFC's semi colons can be trusted.

Could be 3 at the back. Vanney experimented when the game was gone in LA.

------------Giovinco-------Findley----------------
------------Cheyrou-------Delgado----------------
--Lovitz------------Warner---------------Jackson-
-----Morrow-----Zavaleta--------Perquis---------
-------------------Konopka--------------------------

OgtheDim
07-12-2015, 01:17 PM
Molinaro indicating Lovitz at LB was something hinted at by Vanney a couple of weeks ago. I remember that interview and thought it was just talk at the time. Creavalle being so bad and Bloom not being ready seems to have made this the only option.

That midfield looks about as nasty and tough as we can get without Bradley around. Expect some kicking and yellows.

Couchy81
07-12-2015, 01:21 PM
Would be nice to get a win today. Don't want to lose to more expansion sides.

OgtheDim
07-12-2015, 01:24 PM
STREAMS

Looks like a choice of ESPN, TSN or SkySports commentators.

http://cricfree.sx/watch/live/new-york-city-vs-toronto-fc-live-streaming

http://firstrowca.eu/watch/356116/1/watch-new-york-city-fc-vs-toronto-fc.html (http://cricfree.sx/watch/live/new-york-city-vs-toronto-fc-live-streaming)

http://www.sportingvideo.com/20150711/vv55a13f613042e0.02709123-1103191.html

http://livetv.sx/en/eventinfo/322638_new_york_city_toronto/

portu
07-12-2015, 01:25 PM
Management is delusional, WHAT THE FUCK IS FINDLEY EVEN DOING IN THE 18

Ivy
07-12-2015, 01:26 PM
I have all the time for Bez and Vanney, but we need to get a defense. Like yesterday.

Lovitz is a better RB option than Bloom?

portu
07-12-2015, 01:34 PM
We are so absolutely fucked for today, I have no words for what that formation and combination of players entails

OgtheDim
07-12-2015, 01:48 PM
I have all the time for Bez and Vanney, but we need to get a defense. Like yesterday.

Lovitz is a better RB option than Bloom?

I agree on the need for defensive reinforecments.

Bloom is, apparently, unready to start but could come off the bench. He's not match fit.

Nobody talking about Hagglund?

notthesun
07-12-2015, 01:53 PM
Lovitz is going to be lining up against Iraola's overlapping runs. This is a huge gamble.

portu
07-12-2015, 01:53 PM
I agree on the need for defensive reinforecments.

Bloom is, apparently, unready to start but could come off the bench. He's not match fit.

Nobody talking about Hagglund?
Hagglunds due a start, he can't stay on the bench forever

Ivy
07-12-2015, 02:08 PM
Lol Devos.... Jew-ventus? Really?

portu
07-12-2015, 02:11 PM
Ugh De Vos thinks he's a tactical genius

portu
07-12-2015, 02:12 PM
Vanney continues to prove he's a style icon with that outfit

flatpicker
07-12-2015, 02:14 PM
This is the cleanest stream I've found. Feel free to correct me if there's another with better picture.

http://www.gofeed2all.eu/watch/356116/3/watch-new-york-city-fc-vs-toronto-fc.html

pdubs
07-12-2015, 02:16 PM
Lovitz at LB. eep.

No way this field is at the minimum allowed dimensions. Looks hilarious watching this lol.

TorontoFC6fan
07-12-2015, 02:17 PM
This garbage pitch has me a little confused.

Richard
07-12-2015, 02:18 PM
That pitch looks like garbage, way to lower the standards NYCF!

TorontoFC6fan
07-12-2015, 02:18 PM
It's like watching soccer in the ACC.

[NBF]
07-12-2015, 02:20 PM
Andre Hainault and Simeon Jackson would be great decent pick ups for MLS.

TorontoFC6fan
07-12-2015, 02:22 PM
Vanney continues to prove he's a style icon with that outfit Don't ever use vanney's name and the word icon in the same sentence again lol

Blixa
07-12-2015, 02:23 PM
This stadium and field is totally warped. Difficult to watch and on top of that have to listen to De Vos spew out his nonsense.

__wowza
07-12-2015, 02:25 PM
this field is so narrow, it's like watching a 5 a side.
seriously though, how can the league justify a team playing on this shit?

what happened to the MLS standard of "you HAVE TO have a stadium built by the time you enter the league" we had to do it, philly had to do it.

Canary10
07-12-2015, 02:26 PM
Wish we had Caldwell's steel in there today. We have no one that can kick a few guys around.

portu
David Villa takes out Lovitz for no reason there

Eastend
It's like watching soccer in the ACC.

I was gonna say it appears to be the same size as the indoor field I play on. This can't be regulation?

portu
07-12-2015, 02:27 PM
Not ducking good enough there

__wowza
missed a sitter, we got lucky there.

ag futbol
This is just brutal.

Canary10
This pitch really is a joke. Looks like they're playing at the Hangar.

__wowza
i think they need a few more logos in the background.

portu
07-12-2015, 02:28 PM
This is pathetic

molenshtain
07-12-2015, 02:29 PM
"And the Yankee stadium faithful perform a rousing rendition of their world famous song, 'let's go New York, clap clap, clap clap clap.' As always, New Yorkers live up to expectations."

TorontoFC6fan
How did the MLS approve this pitch ? There's hardly any space between players.

ag futbol
This team needs to wake up. Total disaster from the get-go.

__wowza
konopka, that was weak.

Eastend
Seriously? WTF?????

SenorDingDong
I can't believe how narrow this pitch is.

OgtheDim
07-12-2015, 02:30 PM
UGH......that's almost impossible to stop.

Defence going backwards way too much.

__wowza
Awwww yissssss.

portu
That's a pen!!!!

Couchy81
Holy crap what a break

notthesun
07-12-2015, 02:31 PM
Step right up, Joe Bendik.

pdubs
Wait wait wait... we actually got a call?

Eastend
We'll take that. Now put it in!!!

Canary10
Wow. Weak call but I'll take it

portu
Wat the fuck

ag futbol
For fuck sakes.

Canary10
Fucking hell

Eastend
07-12-2015, 02:32 PM
wow.....

pdubs
Missed pen. Idk. Might go out in the sunshine instead of watching this lol

Couchy81
Of course. Thats classic TFC right there.

notthesun
We're gonna lose to these fucking jokers again

stevep
cant watch this crap, i mean soccer on this field. also 4 starters not there doesnt help

__wowza
if anyone could explain how this game could be any more TFC i'd like to hear it.

Eastend
He's due, he'll make up for it.

Couchy81
07-12-2015, 02:33 PM
Missed pen. Idk. Might go out in the sunshine instead of watching this lol

I have the laptop out in the backyard with an extension cord. :)

Blixa
Fuck, can this game get worse for us?

OgtheDim
Was that a foul for their free kick that they scored on? ESPN didn't replay it.

portu
07-12-2015, 02:34 PM
Please don't say that

jloome
07-12-2015, 02:35 PM
Might be good for us. Light a fire under Seba.

__wowza
Please don't say that

i was just going to say, when i read this NYCFC was charging up the right with the ball.

portu
Giovinco has missed 2/3 pens this season if u include preseason

__wowza
07-12-2015, 02:37 PM
vanney dresses like a friend of my dad's.

jloome
07-12-2015, 02:38 PM
Perquis is no no.1 defender, that's all I can say. Why aren't we man marking set pieces?

TorontoFC6fan
07-12-2015, 02:38 PM
On a pitch like this you have to stay compact which what NYC is doing.. Our only hope is to play derict because you're not going to break them down like we're trying to do. The pitch is just too small.. Look how compact their defenders are.

portu
07-12-2015, 02:39 PM
Love to see Giovinco on the wing and Moore up front

molenshtain
07-12-2015, 02:39 PM
Perquis is no no.1 defender, that's all I can say. Why aren't we man marking set pieces?

because zonal marking works a lot better.

Canary10
07-12-2015, 02:40 PM
vanney dresses like a friend of my dad's.

This is really funny.

__wowza
07-12-2015, 02:40 PM
what. the. actual. fuck.

Eastend
07-12-2015, 02:41 PM
bulllllshit!!!!

+ offside????

Couchy81
Strap yourselves in boys,it's gonna be a bumpy month of July.

OgtheDim
Hagglund with the yellow.

And Perquis ...ugh.

ag futbol
We might as well turn this off now.

Inklink
I'm done.

Eastend
Time to switch to the Stampede.

portu
07-12-2015, 02:42 PM
This is a farce

__wowza
Time to switch to the Stampede.

i wonder which has more bullshit.

notthesun
This is a complete fucking joke

adam1001
07-12-2015, 02:43 PM
What a fucking joke. I believe we have officially started the annual midsummer meltdown.

69Chevy396
07-12-2015, 02:43 PM
bulllllshit!!!!

+ offside????
Unwatchable. Same old garbage, same old excuses, same team. Not going to ruin my Sunday. Losing two games to an expansion team....too bad Pirlo not playing, Inwould have liked to see him take Giovinco to school.

Blixa
07-12-2015, 02:44 PM
Holy fuck, never seen anything like it. This must be the most absurd goal we've ever conceded. Classic July so far for us.

jloome
07-12-2015, 02:44 PM
Fucking auto cct

jloome
07-12-2015, 02:45 PM
because zonal marking works a lot better.
Apparently not.

__wowza
thank fuck.
he clattered into him.

where's the card on that though?

TorontoFC6fan
I blame vanney. He should have had a better plan for this pitch.. Look what NYC are doing. They're chipping the ball over the top or making crossing into the boxes while we're trying to break them down with passes. The pitch is too small for this style of soccer.

ag futbol
lol. This whole thing is an amateur shit show.

pdubs
I don't know what to say. Lol.

OgtheDim
Well its is fun to watch this game.

If ur a neutral, this is engaging.

nonc
07-12-2015, 02:46 PM
Mcnamara looked offside on the "pk" anyway but I'd have to see it again.

Couchy81
Redemption at least.

ag futbol
thank fuck.
he clattered into him.

where's the card on that though?
Really though. That's a penalty 100x out of a 100.

The other two were questionable but that was laughable.

tfcfans
07-12-2015, 02:47 PM
Yeesh....it's like roller derby on this mini pitch.....

MightyDM

Yes. Haven't you watched us before?

Canary10
What a weird game. Three penalties in 30 or so minutes?!!

__wowza
07-12-2015, 02:48 PM
Yeesh....it's like roller derby on this mini pitch.....

the more i read this, the more i appreciate it.

TorontoFC6fan
07-12-2015, 02:48 PM
What Lovitz just did with that pass to Delgado is what we have to do. Those tic tac passes will not work here.

Bishop Blaize
07-12-2015, 02:49 PM
Some of the defending in this game by both teams is pure unadulterated shite

__wowza
What Lovitz just did with that pass to Delgado is what we have to do. Those tic tac passes will not work here.

lovitz has always impressed me.
the dudes got some skills on the ball.

troy1982
What a weird game. Three penalties in 30 or so minutes?!!

and 2 of them were missed.

Canary10
07-12-2015, 02:50 PM
and 2 of them were missed.

Both those players are on my fantasy team too.

ag futbol
07-12-2015, 02:52 PM
Fuck yes!

__wowza
what a fucking play! what a fucking goal!!

who gave up on this game? who just missed that?

Canary10
Holy shit. Crazy game.

Eastend
ok, I didn't really stop watching....GIOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

tfcfans
Apparently #10 is pretty good.....woohoo!!

pdubs
07-12-2015, 02:53 PM
great play. Bbq can wait lol

nonc
That is why you play Jackson he makes things happen.

lsi2000
Fuck ya!

flatpicker
What a sweet goal! Love that pass!

__wowza
Apparently #10 is pretty good.....woohoo!!

he could've had a hat trick 40 minutes in if he buried that penalty.

Bishop Blaize
What a great team goal. This game is crazy

adam1001
07-12-2015, 02:54 PM
no words.

nonc
Findley perpetual black hole.

TorontoFC6fan
Once NYC players master this pitch it's going to be hard to beat them at home.. Pirlo is the right signing for this pitch because his long passes over the top will give defence major problems.

Couchy81
07-12-2015, 02:55 PM
That was a thing of beauty. Way to come back from 2-0

__wowza
i'm worried about the second half now, giovinco's been able to drift past and chance the offside, i wonder if they're gonna give him that opportunity in the second.

flatpicker
Oh! Damn!

pdubs
We are not worthy. We are not worthy.

ag futbol
HA!

And fuck NYCFC.

__wowza
07-12-2015, 02:56 PM
this team.
this FUCKING team.
:scarf: :drum::scarf:

tfcfans
he could've had a hat trick 40 minutes in if he buried that penalty.

You were saying......

Eastend
Holy CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

g g g gooooooooaaallllllllllllllllllllllll

adam1001
Never seen a game like this in my life. What in the world

nonc
Haha wow nice pass Findley right after I call him out just like it's supposed to work ;) NYCFC are so shit all hail Gio

Couchy81
OMFG GIOVINCO!! He's like FU!

Canary10
That was a fucking sweet touch from Gio.

OgtheDim
We are out NYCFCing NYCFC.

Our technical ability and use of space has been..........wow.

And that is Findley and Jackson with some sweet plays..

nonc
07-12-2015, 02:57 PM
Gio is my fantasy captain it was not looking good after the pk miss BUT NOW

__wowza
07-12-2015, 02:57 PM
only 1 minute with two penalties and 5 goals!?

TorontoFC6fan
07-12-2015, 02:58 PM
What did I say ? You have to play direct soccer on this pitch.. Over the top passes and crosses.

nonc
Wow another amazing chance. No resistance from NYCFC. Mind-boggling half.

Inklink
I'm done.

I lied.

Canary10
07-12-2015, 02:59 PM
Gio should take every ball straight into the box and dare them to tackle him.

Couchy81
Unreal game.

molenshtain
I fucking stopped watching after 2-0. what. the. fuck.

jloome
Get Finley off the pitch.jesus, it's embarrassing.

notthesun
07-12-2015, 03:01 PM
This is the most unreal game I've ever seen, please for the love of god win this game

molenshtain
07-12-2015, 03:01 PM
Apparently not.

on average.

jloome
07-12-2015, 03:02 PM
on average.
Oh I know, but not with the personnel we have on the field.

ag futbol
07-12-2015, 03:03 PM
I fucking stopped watching after 2-0. what. the. fuck.
Yeah, what the hell were you thinking?

We might as well turn this off now.

Let's hope we can tighten this up in the second half. None the less, we've now thoroughly exposed the fact their defense is shit and now they have to chase the game. Keep banging them in. I forecast 100% chance of goals in the second half.

TorontoFC6fan
07-12-2015, 03:04 PM
i would not get too excited yet.. with this pitch goals can come fast! i mean they're basically playing on a indoor arena size pitch. any free kick is basically a shot on goal.

jloome
07-12-2015, 03:05 PM
I self quote for acknowledgement of prescience

MightyDM
07-12-2015, 03:05 PM

impressive call. Have you considered coaching?

jloome
07-12-2015, 03:06 PM
impressive call. Have you considered coaching?
Too crazy.

ronzilla
07-12-2015, 03:06 PM
After missing the penalty, Giovinco went into BEAST mode. He should have been at goal #4 by now !

jloome
07-12-2015, 03:08 PM
After missing the penalty, Giovinco went into BEAST mode. He should have been at goal #4 by now !
Someone needs to insult his mother, pasta and Italian football during the break

portu
07-12-2015, 03:09 PM
Okay so...

Giovinco never ever goes any way other than left on his penalties but he scored soo FUCK YA

JACKSON IS A LEGEND WITH THAT HEADS UP PASS, almost as good a finish by Seba, soo FUCK YA

Robbie Findley did something productive soo FUCK YA

Vanney will look like a tactical genius yet again because Giovinco

ronzilla
07-12-2015, 03:09 PM
Where are those 2 that were arguing with me when I mentioned Seba needs more service. Where you hiding now ?

ag futbol
07-12-2015, 03:10 PM
JACKSON IS A LEGEND WITH THAT HEADS UP PASS, almost as good a finish by Seba, soo FUCK YA

Haha, he's tried that stuff about 30x ... the one time it works. But that's how it goes, gotta be quick up there.

molenshtain
07-12-2015, 03:12 PM
reminiscent of the backheel that started the comeback against Houston last year too.

lsi2000
07-12-2015, 03:12 PM
Come on yoooooou reds! Lets finish this!

jloome
07-12-2015, 03:13 PM
Haha, he's tried that stuff about 30x ... the one time it works. But that's how it goes, gotta be quick up there.
Because he usually plays on the right, so when he pivots to flick the ball backwards he's usually on his weaker foot

ronzilla
Who did the back heal pass ? That was sweet..

TorontoFC6fan
Get Finley off the pitch.jesus, it's embarrassing. lol Findley was on the pitch for 45 minutes and went unnoticed until he make made that simple cross. Don't act like he was some kind of factor in the first half lol.. he was invincible for that whole first half until that pass. he's a striker and how many shots does he have in 3 half's of soccer dating back to the LA game ? ZERO!!! if anybody should be getting some credit here it should be Jackson. Findley has yet to register any shots in 3 half's of soccer.