PDA

View Full Version : We cheer for Jimmy B

Oldtimer
07-24-2008, 10:21 PM
It was epic, every time during the all-star game when Jimmy B touched the ball, there was cheering.

I enjoyed it because normally Beckham would get that sort of treatment -- not here!

We love our Canadians and we love our TFC players. Jimmy B. played great tonight. His first touch was brilliant and nearly set up a goal.

rocker
07-24-2008, 10:22 PM
great chant... funny when he was on the bench and they showed him on the scoreboard responding to his chant with a sheepish look. he wanted to get in there.

also great to see the hometown boy win it. a taste of what it would be like for him to be here permanently.

Roogsy
07-24-2008, 10:23 PM
I am getting Jimmy B on my All Star kit. I love that boy.

Dirk Diggler
07-24-2008, 10:40 PM
That was amazing! He must have been on cloud 9. Seriously, not many professional players around the world get that kind of support on such a high platform.

manic.street.preacher
07-25-2008, 12:32 AM
i didn't make it to the match, but i watched it at the pub and it was amazing to hear 'we want brennan' crystal clear over the announcers, good on ya :)

Oldtimer
07-25-2008, 07:37 AM
It was really loud in our section (114).

Fort York Redcoat
07-25-2008, 07:39 AM
Great job cheering for Jimmy, guys. You made yourselves known.

Wagner
07-25-2008, 08:07 AM
Even in the "suburbs" - 116 people were really chanting for Jimmy B to get into the game.

too bad they didn't stagger him and DeRo going on...
still awesome.
and yes, his first touch was awesome!!
Jimmy B even came over to the corner in 118 to wave to the fans.
I'm super happy i picked him to go on my kit last year.

chelsea dinosaur
07-25-2008, 06:24 PM
im over in 115 and from the start of the match we were all singing as loud as we could to put jimmy b on. when they put the camera on him for the first time while he was on the bench the supporters went insane it was incredible.

on a side note i was curious if anyone knew anything about the player of the year jimmy b scarves. i saw some people in my section with them and i would love love love to get one if there is one availible. any ideas?

13CP
07-25-2008, 06:31 PM
Even when Jimmy B was warming up with DeRo, I think more people were taking pictures of him than actually paying attention to the game. Even the ball boy (who was fairly cute) was enjoying the West end. No one ever enjoys the west end! lol.

Roogsy
07-25-2008, 06:33 PM
im over in 115 and from the start of the match we were all singing as loud as we could to put jimmy b on. when they put the camera on him for the first time while he was on the bench the supporters went insane it was incredible.

on a side note i was curious if anyone knew anything about the player of the year jimmy b scarves. i saw some people in my section with them and i would love love love to get one if there is one availible. any ideas?

Coach GT handled those...not sure there are any left but you can ask.

James17930
07-25-2008, 07:50 PM
So I guess we've all forgiven him for the 'poor marking' then? ;)

Roogsy
07-25-2008, 09:00 PM
Sure since he's the one who crossed the ball in to give us the goal in the first place.