PDA

View Full Version : So that's what real forwards look like!

TFC OZZ
07-24-2008, 10:06 PM
I think I've been watching TFC for so long that I forgot what half-decent strikers look like. Now, I've been trying to defend Cunningham lately, but after seeing that game, honestly; let me pack your bags. The difference was night and day. I thought both teams' forwards looked good. Also, it was epic when after Kenny Cooper got subbed he leaned on the players' dugout quietly until we started chanting "KENNY COME TO T.O.!!!" and waived our scarves, he glanced up like "hey people actually know my name here?!" you should have seen the smile on his face, it was from ear to ear.

arbogast
07-24-2008, 10:10 PM
Kenny Cooper is a fucking beast. I'd love it if he ever came here.

rocker
07-24-2008, 10:12 PM
I wonder if Cunny was watching Dean Ashton's lesson on how to score a goal on a breakaway. that was pretty.

Roogsy
07-24-2008, 10:13 PM
Word...watching Dean Ashton and Kenny Cooper work I realized just how bad we have it here. There was always a danger when either team was pressing that there was going to be a goal...which is not the case with TFC.

Also...sorround Jimmy B with a half-capable team and he shines.

We have a long way to go.

TicTacTabarnack
07-24-2008, 11:15 PM
Word...watching Dean Ashton and Kenny Cooper work I realized just how bad we have it here. There was always a danger when either team was pressing that there was going to be a goal...which is not the case with TFC.

I very much agree... I was quite impressed how they all played well together after just being thrown on the pitch for one game. Pure talent!

Carver's right ... When you're a poacher ... You don't care how you get the ball across the line... you just get it across the line! The strikers tonight were phenomenal!

werewolf
07-24-2008, 11:16 PM
I saw all these balls going into the net, I didn't know what was going on tonight.

Dirk Diggler
07-24-2008, 11:18 PM
Forget Dean Ashton .... you expect Premiership forwards to know where the net is ... I was delighted to see that MLS forwards were top notch as well. All of this Jeff Cunningham crap had me really underestimate the quality of the rest of the strikers in the league.

Brooker
07-24-2008, 11:21 PM
I saw all these balls going into the net, I didn't know what was going on tonight.

very confusing. i'm still scratching my head.

ag futbol
07-24-2008, 11:31 PM
Kenny cooper is an amazing player for MLS. Big enough to play target, but technical enough to run at defenders and attack from all kinds of places.

Man we could use a striker like that, badly.

noochie
07-25-2008, 12:43 AM
Say what you want about Blanco for all of his on field antics (I can't stand the guy either) but sweet jesus does he have some great vision.

BC101
07-25-2008, 01:22 AM

Word... Wow just wow he's like a completely diff player... WTH? I KNOW Robert and Amado are capable of more though their just being lazy.

Corpand
07-25-2008, 01:28 AM
Guys, dont forget that Coopers leg was broken by our one and only Marshall...

James17930
07-25-2008, 01:39 AM
Yeah -- the fact that Cooper has recovered so well is remarkable. I had a feeling he'd be through after that, but look at him now. No wonder he was so thrilled to be at the game.