PDA

View Full Version : Game 15 Washington Crosses the Humber - TFC vs. DCU Saturday 5 pm SN360

OgtheDim
06-25-2015, 12:38 PM
Top 2 teams in the East PPG

DCU comes off a win last night over the Fire.

We did the statement thing last night.

Going to be interesting to see if DCU tries the NYCFC approach.

FWIW,
REF: ARMANDO VILLARREAL

OgtheDim
06-26-2015, 06:20 AM
And its going to rain

all

day

long.

SoccMan2
06-26-2015, 07:46 AM
Looks like only 15 Celsius and 50km wind and I thought it was summer lol.

FRANKIE65
06-26-2015, 08:30 AM
It's raining....it's pouring...who gives a F#$K....we're scoring!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Rain day crowds are awesome, only people that really want to be there:scarf::drum:

C.Ronaldo
06-26-2015, 09:12 AM
It's raining....it's pouring...who gives a F#$K....we're scoring!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Rain day crowds are awesome, only people that really want to be there:scarf::drum:

like partying on a sunday night, only the hardcore comes out

Super
06-26-2015, 09:19 AM
I'd take 25,000 and a great atmosphere in nice weather over 5,000 with the hardcore and a dead atmosphere ANY DAY. I don't understand why some fans want BMO to look and sound dead? Sure, it can be fun to be jumping around, chanting in the south end, feeling all hardcore because we're getting wet at a game, but NO ONE CAN HEAR ANYTHING because there's not enough fans to make the noise.

Please stop being idiotic about this. A rain day = dead, dead, DEAD atmosphere, and it looks like GARBAGE on TV as well. Also, we lose A LOT when it rains. Someone should do the stat. I bet you we've won a greater percentage of games in nice weather vs. rain games.

UGHHHHH!!!!!

Fort York Redcoat
06-26-2015, 09:36 AM
I'd take 25,000 and a great atmosphere in nice weather over 5,000 with the hardcore and a dead atmosphere ANY DAY. I don't understand why some fans want BMO to look and sound dead? Sure, it can be fun to be jumping around, chanting in the south end, feeling all hardcore because we're getting wet at a game, but NO ONE CAN HEAR ANYTHING because there's not enough fans to make the noise.

Please stop being idiotic about this. A rain day = dead, dead, DEAD atmosphere, and it looks like GARBAGE on TV as well. Also, we lose A LOT when it rains. Someone should do the stat. I bet you we've won a greater percentage of games in nice weather vs. rain games.

UGHHHHH!!!!!

http://static1.gamespot.com/uploads/original/1520/15206874/2773737-8174038008-ricky.gif

I'm not sure wishing for better or worse weather is going to actually affect the outcome.

I promise I'll hope for the best and make the best with what we end up with.

Super
06-26-2015, 10:08 AM
I'm not sure wishing for better or worse weather is going to actually affect the outcome.

I promise I'll hope for the best and make the best with what we end up with.

I still think a packed house with a great atmosphere, and a good pitch that's not wet and slick makes for a much better football game. The fact that some people don't think that is puzzling to me. But I guess they're like the capo's - not watching the game. Only there to chant.

FRANKIE65
06-26-2015, 10:21 AM
I still think a packed house with a great atmosphere, and a good pitch that's not wet and slick makes for a much better football game. The fact that some people don't think that is puzzling to me. But I guess they're like the capo's - not watching the game. Only there to chant.

I just think make the best of it....rain or shine. So 5000 "Ken and Barbies" that show up 1/2 hour late, and, leave 1/2 hour early aren't there. Do they really contribute to atmosphere???

Pint
06-26-2015, 10:21 AM

Oh cool, lets talk poorly about the capos, the guys who sacrifice being able to watch the game to drive game day atmosphere that we all love.

Fort York Redcoat
06-26-2015, 10:22 AM

Well it seems I can do both then. I'm hoping for the best and in the stand tomorrow.

OgtheDim
06-26-2015, 11:19 AM
For Pete's sake, the SJE game was a great atmosphere, and we all got there through thunderstorms and lightning - and it looked like 17K.

I suspect tomorrow will be about the same, and with a slick pitch, we will be well placed to deal with any thuggery by DCU.

We set up well against DCU, who still really don't have an offensive plan apart from kick it towards the goal area from the wings and hope and if need be, slam away at it outside the box and hope. They know how to grind out wins. Fine - we know how to beat grinders.

We are better then them.

We are at home.

And if only 5K are there, I'm still going to stomp my feet, yell at bad calls and cheer any decent pass and jump up if/when we score. :scarf:

bigredone
06-26-2015, 11:28 AM
Washington crosses the Humber :D amazing!!!

We need to start Guy Carleton to lead the attack. This time we kick the rebels out of Ontario. Captured and integrated, former rebel General Bradley provides tactical genius.

notthesun
06-26-2015, 12:13 PM
D.C. will be without Pontius and Franklin for this one. Morgan will be back for us but Cheyrou is still out.

Mateo1985
06-26-2015, 12:24 PM
Some people just like "family atmosphere" and others "supporters" type of experience at the football game. Just depends on what you like. As long as ones don't complain about the others like a couple of games ago we will be fine lol

dupont
06-26-2015, 12:54 PM
Bradley said he loves playing in the rain! That's good enough for me! :)

SenorDingDong
06-26-2015, 02:27 PM
http://www.edmontonjournal.com/cms/binary/10962078.jpg

Soon boys...

BritSOL
06-26-2015, 03:26 PM

Soon boys...

Once the roof is up, it will be time for me to relocate out of the north end.

Lennon
06-26-2015, 03:34 PM
Gonna be the first game I miss all season. Surf's up! :D

Auzzy
06-26-2015, 03:58 PM
Once the roof is up, it will be time for me to relocate out of the north end.

The north end will be gone, so yes you will have to move out of there. Last I heard it will be replaced with a retractable terrace, over the Argos plastic end zone. Although how that is all configured exactly, remains to be seen.

mook-life
06-26-2015, 04:32 PM

you do know players ask for the field to get a quick wash so its slick and the ball moves quick right.....

jazzy
06-26-2015, 04:44 PM
Oh cool, lets talk poorly about the capos, the guys who sacrifice being able to watch the game to drive game day atmosphere that we all love.

ya really one can never replace the capo's , I admire them they do what I can't and contribute to my experience...It's so stating the obvious , yes we all hope for great game day weather but because we love the game and our team , we make the best of it. And I do agree on those bad days , somehow there are always some diehards that seem to really make a crazy day rewarding .....And I appreciate that ! Someone lost their rubber ducky . Why even tell us . .......

jazzy
06-26-2015, 04:48 PM
D.C. will be without Pontius and Franklin for this one. Morgan will be back for us but Cheyrou is still out.

With Morgan in is there anyway Delgado can play . His game sense and ball control is a pleasant surprise . A definite upgrade on Crevaille and many others on the bench .

Ossington Mental Youth
06-26-2015, 05:23 PM
With Morgan in is there anyway Delgado can play . His game sense and ball control is a pleasant surprise . A definite upgrade on Crevaille and many others on the bench .

Delgado was covering for Cheyrou so id assume hed start again

shwade
06-26-2015, 05:43 PM
you do know players ask for the field to get a quick wash so its slick and the ball moves quick right.....

You do know that the pitch with a spray before the match begins is not the same as when it is raining all game right?

Anyway, the players would rather play with a fuller house.

CBTFC
06-26-2015, 06:43 PM
Was planning on going to the game but am now bowing out due to the impending downpour...I've been to enough games in the rain at BMO and overall for me, just not an enjoyable experience.

Sure, call me a part time supporter...but the last time I checked, I'm a supporter and not a cheerleader.

I'll be at Football Factory watching the game.

stevep
06-26-2015, 07:21 PM
win and were in baby

kshep
06-26-2015, 07:35 PM
Delgado was covering for Cheyrou so id assume hed start again

Wasn't Warner covering Cheyrou, while Delgado was playing the right side of the diamond that has been occupied by Warner?

Super
06-26-2015, 08:00 PM

I'm not speaking poorly of the capos, I'm just saying that they are not there to watch the game - but the rest of us are (even though I wish the capo in 112 would actually turn around once in a while and watch the game rather than stare us down in the top of 112, where I've been since year one). Many of us also didn't appreciate it when one of the capos started yelling at us aggressively because we had a minute of silence following the MTL goal. There's something unnerving about a guy who just stares back at us the whole game, policing to make sure we're all singing his choice of songs at all time.

Now, my issue is mainly that there's a sentiment on here that rain games are AWESOME vs. great weather games. Why? Because we don't get to see any of the shitty non-hardcore fans in the stadium. News flash: it's not us $200 season ticket holder supporters who are paying for the DP's. Or the stadium. So let's not rag on them. Sometimes I think some supporters care more about the party of chanting and bouncing around than actually watching the beautiful game. That's pretty sad. Same reason I'm a bit pissy when I see a capo not paying the least bit of attention to the game. You can still kick off chants AND watch some of the game. Sometimes it turns a bit into the "capo show". Might want to dial it back a bit and let chants happen more organically. But that's just my personal opinion.

Super
06-26-2015, 08:00 PM
You do know that the pitch with a spray before the match begins is not the same as when it is raining all game right?

Anyway, the players would rather play with a fuller house.

Bingo! That's my only point. I'll be there, but I'm not going to go as far as celebrating that it's raining because the "the atmosphere is better" and "we get rid of all the non-hardcore fans". Wednesday night was a thing of beauty. Thankfully the roof is coming.

akoto
06-26-2015, 08:03 PM
Wasn't Warner covering Cheyrou, while Delgado was playing the right side of the diamond that has been occupied by Warner?

That is correct.

https://cvws.icloud-content.com/CAEQARoQvZd_LEWg0LH3YwmhDG_JZQ/01ac2c80708f1f039e5287dc025b8fa8053ca05848/Screen+Shot+2015-06-26+at+8.56.40+PM.jpg?v=0&p=3&x=1&a=BQUwBKbciskRA70ILA%3D%3D&e=1435453240000&r=493ec386-ca25-d000-1b2e-7d1f56ac2acc-15&u=1435370140907&s=GoabyWVWYTpSMbFRIFmdjZhX0S8

akoto
06-26-2015, 08:12 PM

https://cvws.icloud-content.com/CAEQARoQvZd_LEWg0LH3YwmhDG_JZQ/0185bb8caa3dc8989152f81c15291ca0c3e5f7bebf/TFC+vs+DCU.jpg?v=0&p=3&x=1&a=BXE23K1PDPYvA8IILA%3D%3D&e=1435453518000&r=871afc51-cf30-efb0-dfbb-83523521a327-15&u=1435370418637&s=3_VnBkEmrGKuG6K52EYVf4lyI7Y

This is DCU's lineup from their last game vs Chicago. Even fielding last game's lineup we match up very well against them. I think Morgan coming back and Morrow moving back to RB does strengthen our chances though. It's nice to look at our lineup and having confidence in our chances against the top team in the east.

Auzzy
06-26-2015, 08:36 PM
I dunno, I sit very far away from the supporters area, in Section 226, and I find the atmosphere is often better when it's raining.

Ossington Mental Youth
06-26-2015, 08:47 PM

yes my bad, i stand corrected. Either way if hes injured still he will play

Fort York Redcoat
06-27-2015, 05:52 AM
I'm not speaking poorly of the capos, I'm just saying that they are not there to watch the game - but the rest of us are (even though I wish the capo in 112 would actually turn around once in a while and watch the game rather than stare us down in the top of 112, where I've been since year one). Many of us also didn't appreciate it when one of the capos started yelling at us aggressively because we had a minute of silence following the MTL goal. There's something unnerving about a guy who just stares back at us the whole game, policing to make sure we're all singing his choice of songs at all time.

Now, my issue is mainly that there's a sentiment on here that rain games are AWESOME vs. great weather games. Why? Because we don't get to see any of the shitty non-hardcore fans in the stadium. News flash: it's not us $200 season ticket holder supporters who are paying for the DP's. Or the stadium. So let's not rag on them. Sometimes I think some supporters care more about the party of chanting and bouncing around than actually watching the beautiful game. That's pretty sad. Same reason I'm a bit pissy when I see a capo not paying the least bit of attention to the game. You can still kick off chants AND watch some of the game. Sometimes it turns a bit into the "capo show". Might want to dial it back a bit and let chants happen more organically. But that's just my personal opinion.

Super. God bless, man.

You are literally the only person I've come across that have said they wish the capo would watch more of the game. Most people lean towards the jukebox mentality and chide a capo for taking a breath but the best comes when the crowd can sound more organic than forced.

I've personally stayed away from berating the crowd past a "C'mon" or " Let's hear it" but one thing I make sure to do is to look up the section, not in a hall monitor way, but to grab tunes from places other than the old familiars. It's a great way to get new people contributing, pick up new songs and generally spread credit around.

Just a quick peek into capo world.

OgtheDim
06-27-2015, 07:29 AM
I dunno, I sit very far away from the supporters area, in Section 226, and I find the atmosphere is often better when it's raining.

The West side usually brings it when it rains. I think its because we all go up and into that sort of tunnel under the stands called a a concourse and then up to our seats.

That having been said, the wind is from the East today - its going to be right in our faces.

:scarf:

pawlukj
06-27-2015, 08:14 AM
washington passing the humber lol at that, lets goboys bang a few in and lets celebrate, what really has to happen in order to win is that the midfield has to cooperate well with giovinco and bradley and altidore, lets not kid ourselves here guys (players) you guyshavent proven yourself offensively yet.. were waiting for it with great patience.

portu
06-27-2015, 10:11 AM
Hoping to see Delgado at RCM rather than Creavalle

rydermike
06-27-2015, 10:39 AM

Same thing though more or less. They swapped positions, but Delgado is still essentially replacing Cheyrou. Cheyrou comes back, Marky goes to the bench (Warner moves back to RM).

ronzilla
06-27-2015, 11:33 AM
I am more concerned with altidore. He is a great finisher although he brings nothing else to the table. Aside from the goal (which was a poor save attempt by the goalkeeper) , he was invisible for most of the game.

He needs to step up big time.

:scarf:

C.Ronaldo
06-27-2015, 12:00 PM
Nursing the hamstring

phil81kessel
06-27-2015, 12:02 PM
IMO, most important league game in TFC history thus far. Best team in the east in town, Gold cup coming up and a win puts us in second place with games in hand on everyone. #COYR

CBTFC
06-27-2015, 12:42 PM
IMO, most important league game in TFC history thus far.

I would have to strongly disagree with you on that one...halfway through the season, games in hand and not just in the playoff mix but near the top of the conference.

I think the title of "most important league game in TFC history thus far", goes to our blowout loss to NYRB where we had a chance to make the playoffs.

Eleven
06-27-2015, 01:02 PM
Sorry if this is considered off topic... reminder that there's food donation drive at the game today.

I'm getting rid of nearly all our packaged/canned foods that were bought before I moved in with my partner. Spoiled growing up, being raised on mostly only fresh foods, so using this food drive as a good reason for making space in the cupboards :D To this day, I have yet to taste KD dinner! I'm so UNcanadian! :p

akoto
06-27-2015, 01:23 PM
Sorry if this is considered off topic... reminder that there's food donation drive at the game today.

I'm getting rid of nearly all our packaged/canned foods that were bought before I moved in with my partner. Spoiled growing up, being raised on mostly only fresh foods, so using this food drive as a good reason for making space in the cupboards :D To this day, I have yet to taste KD dinner! I'm so UNcanadian! :p

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0bOH8ABpco

CBTFC
06-27-2015, 02:42 PM
This is sort of related as the organisers of Digital Dreams just announced the cancellation of day 1 in the name of safety/security for fans/staff/artists.

The rain has been steady for a few hours now, and will be at this pace for the next few hours...I know traditionally games are only postponed or cancelled due to thunder/lightning, but do you think they might do that given the circumstances?

portu
06-27-2015, 03:01 PM
This is sort of related as the organisers of Digital Dreams just announced the cancellation of day 1 in the name of safety/security for fans/staff/artists.

The rain has been steady for a few hours now, and will be at this pace for the next few hours...I know traditionally games are only postponed or cancelled due to thunder/lightning, but do you think they might do that given the circumstances?
That's weird I remember they still had Veld in the rain

OgtheDim
06-27-2015, 03:15 PM
Molinaro indicating no pooling and the pitch is draining well. Unless there is lightning, and there is no call for that

This game is on.

kshep
06-27-2015, 03:44 PM
Same thing though more or less. They swapped positions, but Delgado is still essentially replacing Cheyrou. Cheyrou comes back, Marky goes to the bench (Warner moves back to RM).

Fair enouh, didn't really look at like that.

notthesun
06-27-2015, 03:47 PM
Starting XI: Konopka; Morgan, Zavaleta, Perquis, Morrow; Warner, Osorio, Delgado, Bradley; Giovinco, Altidore.

Bench: Bench: Bendik, Creavalle, Hagglund, Jackson, Chapman, Moore, Findley.

Same lineup but Morgan takes back his spot as Creavalle goes to the bench.

ronzilla
06-27-2015, 04:03 PM
game on ! :flare::drum: :scarf:

Batman
06-27-2015, 04:08 PM
Anyone have a decent livestream?

69Chevy396
06-27-2015, 04:08 PM
game on ! :flare::drum: :scarf:
Stream please

General Woolfe
06-27-2015, 04:09 PM
There really is a danger here that the weather today will turn tis match into a crap shoot. Which is a pity as i'd like to have seen some continuity carry over from Wednesday, especially as our side will be decimated in the next few games by Gold Cup call ups

ronzilla
06-27-2015, 04:10 PM
http://livetv.sx/en/eventinfo/315988_toronto_dc_united/#webplayer_ifr|104356|315988|104356|64|1|en

http://streamhd.eu/lsh5.html

69Chevy396
06-27-2015, 04:14 PM
http://livetv.sx/en/eventinfo/315988_toronto_dc_united/#webplayer_ifr|104356|315988|104356|64|1|en

http://streamhd.eu/lsh5.html
Thanks, if Icould get rid of the ads blocking the screen. Using an Ipad makes this difficult at times

Batman
06-27-2015, 04:17 PM
thanks very much Ronzilla

SoccMan2
06-27-2015, 04:17 PM
Got to love these rain day games, no people no atmosphere , to the people that love these rain day games voila.

Qman
06-27-2015, 04:18 PM
Everyone would be getting wet EVEN WITH ROOFS ON. Wind is horrible.
At least 3000 bothered to showed up. Good on ya!

ronzilla
06-27-2015, 04:21 PM
One more stream if others not working

http://live.realstreamunited.com/streaming/free-live-video-streaming-toronto-fc-dc-united-football-usa-major-soccer-league-89357.html

neuf
06-27-2015, 04:24 PM
Youtube stream: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPY5nD-FFIA

Batman
06-27-2015, 04:28 PM
Thanks for the Youtube stream Neuf. No ads!!:flare:

Jack
06-27-2015, 04:29 PM
Fuck. Why did I think this match was at 7PM? Do I have an old version of the calendar in my phone? I guess I'm not going to the match... FUCK. I need to pay better attention.

Jack
06-27-2015, 04:33 PM
DC dirty thugs. This is ridiculous. Refs need to shut this shit down or Giovinco's going to get injured by one of these pieces of shit.

JavierMartini
06-27-2015, 04:35 PM
wow , great job mls. Take no action for the hack and slash nycfc thuggery and this is what you get. Boswell with the clear stomp on the Achilles. I'm still dumbfounded that the only fine was to perquis after that game.

Jack
06-27-2015, 04:36 PM
wow , great job mls. Take no action for the hack and slash nycfc thuggery and this is what you get. Boswell with the clear stomp on the Achilles. I'm still dumbfounded that the only fine was to perquis after that game.
It's really bad.

Jack
06-27-2015, 04:38 PM
Collen Warner doing good work in the DM slot again. He's strong and wins a lot of balls that way, as opposed to Cheyrou who wins them with smarts and positioning. Both styles are effective. Of course, Cheyrou's distribution is missed, but having Warner able to step in and be this effective is a really good option.

Jack
06-27-2015, 04:41 PM
We're knocking at the door.

JavierMartini
06-27-2015, 04:45 PM
yikes. on a clear day that's in the net. We need to tighten up our D

JavierMartini
06-27-2015, 04:47 PM
that was a handball in box... lol edit: ahh it looked worse live :P

Ajax TFC
06-27-2015, 04:51 PM
Holy fucking hospital ball from Osorio

Jack
06-27-2015, 04:57 PM
Our attackers are a bit imprecise.

ronzilla
06-27-2015, 05:02 PM
Fuckn rain. Ill be happy wiith a 1-0 win even if its an ugly goal.

Jack
06-27-2015, 05:10 PM
Fuckn rain. Ill be happy wiith a 1-0 win even if its an ugly goal.
Agreed. I also want this to get done without any of these DC thugs hurting anyone.

Jack
06-27-2015, 05:21 PM
Beautiful little play there, but Giovinco took a slightly heavy first touch.

Juventino
06-27-2015, 05:22 PM
Beautiful little play there, but Giovinco took a slightly heavy first touch.

Seba isn't in the game at the moment, maybe because the rain but he has to do much better.

C'mon reds !

Ajax TFC
06-27-2015, 05:25 PM
So apparently getting tackled from behind is a foul?!

jloome
06-27-2015, 05:28 PM
From the replay its clear,he wasent even facing the play. Astoundingly bad.

jloome
06-27-2015, 05:30 PM
The hacking today is just shocking.

Ajax TFC
06-27-2015, 05:31 PM
Yup. Looked back, saw two players on the ground and guessed. And just now he missed another handball because he was looking elsewhere. Horrible reffing

SenorDingDong
06-27-2015, 05:34 PM
TFC dominating the game once again.

This game is going to end 0-0 or 1-0 for somebody with these conditions.

Jack
06-27-2015, 05:34 PM
Seba isn't in the game at the moment, maybe because the rain but he has to do much better.

C'mon reds !
Yeah, he does seem just a touch off. Still dangerous, but not quite as good as he can be.

Fuckin' brutal.

Really fuckin' brutal.

The hacking today is just shocking.
The better our team gets and with the style we are playing, it seems like the book is to hack us. When refs actually do their jobs, we get games like Montreal. When the refs are incompetent, we get matches like this and the NYCFC match. I think we're going to have to get used to it, as there are a lot of bad refs in this league.

Jack
06-27-2015, 05:35 PM
Come on, Oso. You need to be aware of that!

And fuck...close for Gio.

Ajax TFC
06-27-2015, 05:37 PM
Would be a good time to put in Jackson

Ajax TFC
06-27-2015, 05:41 PM
The better our team gets and with the style we are playing, it seems like the book is to hack us. When refs actually do their jobs, we get games like Montreal. When the refs are incompetent, we get matches like this and the NYCFC match. I think we're going to have to get used to it, as there are a lot of bad refs in this league.
If we ever tried that strategy, we would get a red card or two every game.

SenorDingDong
06-27-2015, 05:41 PM
Would be a good time to put in Jackson

Are you kidding me? A Brazilian in this weather?

http://rack.3.mshcdn.com/media/ZgkyMDEzLzA5LzIwL2U2L2Nvb2xydW5uaW5nLjZlMWRjLmdpZg pwCXRodW1iCTg1MHg4NTA-CmUJanBn/e0db87e7/328/cool-runnings-frozen.jpg

Ajax TFC
06-27-2015, 05:45 PM
Are you kidding me? A Brazilian in this weather?

http://rack.3.mshcdn.com/media/ZgkyMDEzLzA5LzIwL2U2L2Nvb2xydW5uaW5nLjZlMWRjLmdpZg pwCXRodW1iCTg1MHg4NTA-CmUJanBn/e0db87e7/328/cool-runnings-frozen.jpg
They get rain in Brazil ;)

Jack
06-27-2015, 05:48 PM
If we ever tried that strategy, we would get a red card or two every game.
Yep. It just pisses me off. We finally have a team playing attractive football and we get mugged. The referees in this league are atrocious.

SenorDingDong
06-27-2015, 05:52 PM
Has DC United had one attacking play this whole half?

Fuck! On a Sunny day we'd be up 3-0.

Richard
06-27-2015, 05:59 PM
Shitty refs are holding this league back so much, cant each team not afford to contribute like 100K a year to a fund and get some real professionals.

SenorDingDong
06-27-2015, 06:00 PM
Warner is the most indecisive person on the ball.

ag futbol
06-27-2015, 06:01 PM
Shitty refs are holding this league back so much, cant each team not afford to contribute like 100K a year to a fund and get some real professionals.
Agreed, fuck this league and their anti football bullshit. Give people what they want: let the talent shine though.

It would be nice if bmo was wider. Harder to muck up the play when there is more space to operate.

jloome
06-27-2015, 06:03 PM
Unbelievable. Cant believe he gave those hacks a last chance.

Jack
06-27-2015, 06:06 PM
Has DC United had one attacking play this whole half?

Fuck! On a Sunny day we'd be up 3-0.
Indeed. But if we want to be an elite team in this league, we need to find a way in ugly matches like this.

Jack
06-27-2015, 06:07 PM
I've always said it and I'll say it again, there is no substitute for time. We've got the talent. We need a bit more depth and we need time. And no, we haven't had enough time yet. Fifteen or so matches together isn't enough time for our guys to learn where each other are going to be without looking. It's not enough time to know the little things that make those great plays happen. We have seen some great stuff, but I think there's potential for more. It takes time and patience, something we as supporters often lack.

We've had a few of these matches where teams play a defensive, thuggish game against us and we end up frustrated. It sucks now, but it's good learning for them.

Fucking ref. A whole extra minute and he lets them take another corner. MLS really needs to do something about the bush league tactics and the house league refs.

ag futbol
06-27-2015, 06:09 PM
Indeed. But if we want to be an elite team in this league, we need to find a way in ugly matches like this.
Give it time. I solidly believe this club is on the right track and improving (for once).

mowe
06-27-2015, 06:10 PM
Very disappointing to only get 4 points from this three game home stand. What's the point of having all these home games left if we fail to take advantage.

Richard
06-27-2015, 06:13 PM
Very disappointing to only get 4 points from this three game home stand. What's the point of having all these home games left if we fail to take advantage.

We seem to be a pretty decent road team, home teams wont be able to do the same thuggish behaviour like today and need to actually play. When we face a non thuggish team were pretty good.

69Chevy396
06-27-2015, 06:14 PM
Youtube stream: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPY5nD-FFIA
This stream was terrific, thanks

69Chevy396
06-27-2015, 06:17 PM
I've always said it and I'll say it again, there is no substitute for time. We've got the talent. We need a bit more depth and we need time. And no, we haven't had enough time yet. Fifteen or so matches together isn't enough time for our guys to learn where each other are going to be without looking. It's not enough time to know the little things that make those great plays happen. We have seen some great stuff, but I think there's potential for more. It takes time and patience, something we as supporters often lack.

We've had a few of these matches where teams play a defensive, thuggish game against us and we end up frustrated. It sucks now, but it's good learning for them.

Fucking ref. A whole extra minute and he lets them take another corner. MLS really needs to do something about the bush league tactics and the house league refs.
The rain and wind helped the visitors, who wereplaying for a draw all game. TFC were the better team, and that says a lot considering who they were playing.

ronzilla
06-27-2015, 06:20 PM
You can't give or take anything from this game as the wind and rain hampered our attack.

I sometimes wonder if these referees were hired from off the street. I won't be surprised if i see that homeless guy officiate the next game.

That hack to Seba's heal should be reviewed by MLS. An intent to injure should result in a big fine and suspension. Fuckn barbaric.

Ajax TFC
06-27-2015, 06:25 PM
On the plus side, despite the fact that our defense wasn't firing and the weather sucked, we didn't lose it at the end. Often when you dominate the game but can't score, you end up losing. We still got a point in a game where things weren't going right for us.

69Chevy396
06-27-2015, 06:26 PM
You can't give or take anything from this game as the wind and rain hampered our attack.

I sometimes wonder if these referees were hired from off the street. I won't be surprised if i see that homeless guy officiate the next game.

That hack to Seba's heal should be reviewed by MLS. An intent to injure should result in a big fine and suspension. Fuckn barbaric.
When that happened, I was watching a stream from Ireland, and the two announcers called it a ruse......referencing Seba's reputation drawing the disinterest from the ref. Evidently, they are not as familiar with MLS referee reputation

portu
06-27-2015, 06:30 PM
Damien was a rock today he should have no doubters

General Woolfe
06-27-2015, 06:36 PM
Not much you can say after that. The conditions were atrocious and had a big impact on the result. I'm a bit disappointed we didn't cement the excellent midweek performance with another win,as one thing we've yet to see from this improved version of TFC is consistency. The next four games will also be a bit of a crap shoot and wont tell us much about we can expect from TFC this year given the Gold Cup takes a huge chunk of our side.

It would have been nice to take three points today ahead of that, however given Mother Nature had her way, and the fact DC are league leaders, im not devastated by today's score

dupont
06-27-2015, 06:54 PM
I really didn't like the way DC played. Just climbing on the TFC players. One thing was obvious, TFC is the better team

OgtheDim
06-27-2015, 06:56 PM
What Jack said. Give it time.

DCU are disciplined but lack any idea offensively. We are getting better. Love Perquis.

Bishop Blaize
06-27-2015, 07:05 PM
Teams that are physical esp at home are causing us problems. Prob more chance of beating these types away from home when the onus on them is to attack.

ronzilla
06-27-2015, 07:06 PM
This has nothing to do with "give it time". The weather conditions were atrocious and its almost like having an extra opponent.

Joe Kool
06-27-2015, 07:20 PM
Overall I thought we did well given the conditions. You could tell it was harder to get our technical ability flowing with the weather. A nicer day probably would have given us the win. I mean, how many times did we get in on goal and put the ball straight up in the air. Even Giovinco did it too. One of those games where anything could have happened. I will take the point. The only thing in the whole game that bothered me was Zavaleta. His brain turned off a few times and instead of a good pass he gave it to DC. Could have cost us a few times. He did the same shit vs NYC and it led to a goal. I think he is ok backup CB but we need another Perquis beside Perquis.

mistercorporate
06-27-2015, 08:00 PM
After watching the last few games, it's looking increasingly like barring a Giovinco major injury, we may well make it all the way to the finals. Rain and refs aren't going to work against us every game, we're looking a step above every other team in MLS.

pawlukj
06-27-2015, 08:10 PM
I think the biggest issue we have with the team right now is that the team is not caring about the city, not caring about the fans and the fans are unable to show that through what they are watching. I think that, in general, our players, are good and no one is saying that anything is bad in terms of our personelle. Our midfielders,are all able to stop plays and make new plays into happening. I think our back line easily showed that they can clear balls and clear attempts. When Bradley is on the ball, he needs to be able to carry theball up more, he shows it consistently, our plays need to be more rushed then stopped. We cant be stopping to showcase our individual talent because we arent Luiz Suarez. We need to be able to say, this play is a cross, or not through support. We need to shoot the ball more, but not be able to be scared to also take a ball off the chest and continue.We need our backline to say, this ball is going through midfield to the front. We need to sing louder and be prouder. Forza TFC

Jay

Jack
06-27-2015, 08:44 PM
This has nothing to do with "give it time". The weather conditions were atrocious and its almost like having an extra opponent.
For me, "give it time" isn't just about today, it's in general. I really like the players and the style and I think we haven't seen the best of them after less than half a season. We are seeing glimpses and there is more to come. There are things that, no matter how skilled your players are, just need to develop over time, week in, week out. That said, today's match was probably one we should have won. One of those chances probably would have sealed it. But I'm not worried, because I think at this time next year, provided we continue to improve and we don't end up with another meltdown and TFC cleaning house, we will win a similar match by grinding out an ugly one. Teams are going to be as physical with us as the referees allow it (and we know that in MLS, that is a lot), so we are going to have to figure out how to make something happen in that type of match.

CBTFC
06-27-2015, 09:08 PM
Yeah, we gotta give this project time...we more or less dominated the top team in the east and were unfortunate to not get the W.

At least with this year's team, there's a confidence going into every game that we have a legitimate chance to win. Not so much in years past.

Cashcleaner
06-27-2015, 09:24 PM
If you guys watching the officiating at home thought it looked bad, it was even worse seeing all kinds of shit go down a few dozen metres away. On one hand, I feel like the ref deserve a bit of slack given the conditions, but it really got ridiculous at times. As captain, Bradley seemed to have accepted fairly early on just how badly things were going to get.

But other than that, TFC really looked good out there. There was a bit of diversity with goal attempts which is good, though I think Osorio's shot sometime after the 60th minute was probably the best one of the night. Also, I think Vanney did a good job with the subs, especially putting Findley in and taking Altidore out around the 70th. I thought that was a good idea to shake things up in the offense and get DC to adjust. All said, we definitely outplayed DC. The draw is a bit frustrating, but I would chalk a lot of that up to the weather and officiating. It sucks, but I'm very happy with how we played.

As for the crowd, it definitely wasn't our best nights. I don't blame the rain as much as I do the cold, though. Conditions were tough for everyone outside.

notthesun
06-27-2015, 09:25 PM
Solidly outplayed the #1 team in the conference. Too bad we couldn't finish one of our chances to get all 3 points but a draw is not the worst thing.

We're looking good. Probably will need to grind out some tough wins during the Gold Cup.

backbeat
06-27-2015, 09:48 PM
This team is exciting and fun to watch.

We are going to become very, very good.

After 8 years I am enjoying each and every minute.

Ajax TFC
06-27-2015, 09:51 PM
Reading the DC BS forums, it sounds like their fans were more than happy to come away from BMO with a point. How times have changed. From bottom feeders considering anything less than 3 points against us as a loss, to fans of the top placed team calling 1 point a win

Blowing Bubbles
06-27-2015, 09:56 PM
was at the match today (lol weather).

I'm not concerned at all. Play that match the same way 10 times and I'm sure we're ending up at worst 6 wins 3 draws 1 loss.

We were by far the better team.

The worrying thing I guess is the realization that this isn't a traditional championship, it's ultimately a Cup competition. I think at the end of the regular season we'll easily be seen as the "best" or "favourites" in the East but it's still going to be 70/30 at best in every round to progress.

Ivy
06-27-2015, 10:12 PM
We were the better team. Couple score - fair score.
I'll take 1 point over a 90th minute losing goal all day.

3rd place, tons of games in hand. Exciting time.

notthesun
06-27-2015, 11:05 PM
Good results for us elsewhere this week. Philly and Montreal draw, NE lose, Columbus draws.

Auzzy
06-28-2015, 12:58 AM
I was at the game. I haven't watched the replay yet, but can somebody please tell me: was that a Pan Am handball match, or a footy match? How many hand balls did that ref let DC get away with? Most weren't replayed on the score board, so I have no idea yet, but it looked really bad in the stadium.

I wonder if the off-the-ball hack on Seba would be visible on MLS Live. I took note of the time, shortly after the 20th minute, because I wanted to go back to watch that.

Overall I'm happy with a tie in crappy weather, with a crappy ref, against the top team in the division. BTW the way they played, it's astonishing that DC is the top team in the East.

Blizzard
06-28-2015, 01:28 AM
I was at the game. I haven't watched the replay yet, but can somebody please tell me: was that a Pan Am handball match, or a footy match? How many hand balls did that ref let DC get away with? Most weren't replayed on the score board, so I have no idea yet, but it looked really bad in the stadium.

I wonder if the off-the-ball hack on Seba would be visible on MLS Live. I took note of the time, shortly after the 20th minute, because I wanted to go back to watch that.

Overall I'm happy with a tie in crappy weather, with a crappy ref, against the top team in the division. BTW the way they played, it's astonishing that DC is the top team in the East.

Extremely visible! Studs up right into the back of Seba's ankle. Well off the ball. Totally cynical. Boswell.

https://scontent-ord1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpt1/v/t1.0-9/11698603_10152924738207694_6055807574301190602_n.j pg?oh=e447b3ee2e4ded9d14730448a7bf5830&oe=5617C325

https://scontent-ord1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfp1/v/t1.0-9/10501748_10152924738202694_1837822291945892449_n.j pg?oh=7d6a21c7c8ab9517a7d7352dcbc8400c&oe=5619A869https://scontent-ord1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xta1/v/t1.0-9/11403491_10152924738212694_4859172680228150044_n.j pg?oh=22be706b4248ef9727e22ee539d2f7b4&oe=562BE61F
https://scontent-ord1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xaf1/v/t1.0-9/10846071_10152924742037694_5943392746491987434_n.j pg?oh=4b3ab0e034b15a38326c399b4df31df5&oe=562F5A31

trane
06-28-2015, 04:36 AM
Games like this do not worry me. Some times you can be the better team and just not finish the chances, particularly in such conditions. The refs in this league are horrible.

FRANKIE65
06-28-2015, 08:41 AM
Absolutely sad that that many "fans/supporters" let some rain and wind stop them from showing up for the match yesterday. Fuck, do you all rust??!??!
God forbid we make it far enough into the playoffs that people may have to deal with SNOW!!!!!!!!!!!

OgtheDim
06-28-2015, 08:48 AM
I was actually surprised by how many people made it out. It looked like 15K from within the stands.

ronzilla
06-28-2015, 08:50 AM
Yeah the refs are a disaster in this league. Jozy gets a cleats up tackle from behind and the ref calls the foul against jozy.

BritSOL
06-28-2015, 08:51 AM
If you guys watching the officiating at home thought it looked bad, it was even worse seeing all kinds of shit go down a few dozen metres away. On one hand, I feel like the ref deserve a bit of slack given the conditions, but it really got ridiculous at times. As captain, Bradley seemed to have accepted fairly early on just how badly things were going to get.

But other than that, TFC really looked good out there. There was a bit of diversity with goal attempts which is good, though I think Osorio's shot sometime after the 60th minute was probably the best one of the night. Also, I think Vanney did a good job with the subs, especially putting Findley in and taking Altidore out around the 70th. I thought that was a good idea to shake things up in the offense and get DC to adjust. All said, we definitely outplayed DC. The draw is a bit frustrating, but I would chalk a lot of that up to the weather and officiating. It sucks, but I'm very happy with how we played.

As for the crowd, it definitely wasn't our best nights. I don't blame the rain as much as I do the cold, though. Conditions were tough for everyone outside.

Did anyone else see Altidore lash out and kick over one of the chairs before sitting down? Annoyed at being substituted or not scoring?

Joe Kool
06-28-2015, 08:52 AM
So DC actually admit in their post game interviews their game plan was to start the game physical against Giovinco and to make sure they let him know they were there to throw him off his game like NYC did. That NYC game really got the rest of the league thinking that if they can't compete with us playing footy then just stomp on Gio. With the refs we have in MLS that can be an achievable game plan too obviously. Friggin hell....

FRANKIE65
06-28-2015, 08:56 AM
Yeah the refs are a disaster in this league. Jozy gets a cleats up tackle from behind and the ref calls the foul against jozy.

So DC actually admit in their post game interviews their game plan was to start the game physical against Giovinco and to make sure they let him know they were there to throw him off his game like NYC did. That NYC game really got the rest of the league thinking that if they can't compete with us playing footy then just stomp on Gio. With the refs we have in MLS that can be an achievable game plan too obviously. Friggin hell....

Yup, and, YUP!!!!! Bush league officiating is an understatement. How long until someone seriously injures Seba?!

FRANKIE65
06-28-2015, 08:59 AM
I was actually surprised by how many people made it out. It looked like 15K from within the stands.

Do you remember if they announced the attendance Og? If so, I missed it. One thing I did notice was that of all of us that were there, you definitely didn't see many leave early...nice change!
I don't disagree with all that state a packed house/nice weather is more enjoyable. I just believe if you are a true lover of the game you deal with the elements.

Joe Kool
06-28-2015, 09:00 AM
Absolutely sad that that many "fans/supporters" let some rain and wind stop them from showing up for the match yesterday. Fuck, do you all rust??!??!
God forbid we make it far enough into the playoffs that people may have to deal with SNOW!!!!!!!!!!!

Not all fans are in their prime of life in terms of age or health to deal with those kind of conditions even if you are. Not everyone is a diehard fan either. I fully expected that kind of turnout and don't blame people for their various reasons for not going. Even if you can't go these days due to a conflict it is hard to sell season tickets for each game even at discounted prices so tickets go unused even on a good day.

FRANKIE65
06-28-2015, 09:05 AM
Not all fans are in their prime of life in terms of age or health to deal with those kind of conditions even if you are. Not everyone is a diehard fan either. I fully expected that kind of turnout and don't blame people for their various reasons for not going. Even if you can't go these days due to a conflict it is hard to sell season tickets for each game even at discounted prices so tickets go unused even on a good day.

Understood, and, valid point.

Cashcleaner
06-28-2015, 10:09 AM
Did anyone else see Altidore lash out and kick over one of the chairs before sitting down? Annoyed at being substituted or not scoring?

I didn't catch that, but it wouldn't surprise me if was one or the other or both. It had to have been a frustrating game for anyone on the pitch, especially given the terrible reffing. A win really was within our grasp last night. Just couldn't seal the deal.

T-boy
06-28-2015, 10:10 AM

That was honestly one of the strangest ref decisions I've ever seen. It was so blatantly a foul on Jozy, I have no idea how the ref could EVER see it the other way around!

Auzzy
06-28-2015, 11:11 AM
Attendance announced at 16,380

And that Achilles stamp on Seba is brutal, thanks for the pics Blizzard!

Ajax TFC
06-28-2015, 11:20 AM
That was honestly one of the strangest ref decisions I've ever seen. It was so blatantly a foul on Jozy, I have no idea how the ref could EVER see it the other way around!
He didn't see it the other way around. He simply didn't see it at all. He was looking in the other direction when it happened, then looked back and saw two players on the ground and randomly guessed what happened.

Richard
06-28-2015, 12:53 PM
^^

I'm so tired of it and the inaction shown by MLS makes me angry, this team will get hacked to death every game and the refs wont do anything about it.

Jack
06-28-2015, 01:04 PM
^^

I'm so tired of it and the inaction shown by MLS makes me angry, this team will get hacked to death every game and the refs wont do anything about it.
It was ridiculous. And you could see how frustrated Jozy was getting by both the hacking and the bad ref.

OgtheDim
06-28-2015, 01:34 PM

Not scoring.

ag futbol
06-28-2015, 01:57 PM
He's still regaining full fitness too, don't think he's ready for full 90 yet.

portu
06-28-2015, 02:29 PM
Lol yup and probably both, guy sat isolated for the next 10-15 minutes

notthesun
06-28-2015, 02:45 PM
He's still regaining full fitness too, don't think he's ready for full 90 yet.

Hence my being pretty nervous about him at the Gold Cup... you know the U.S. will be riding him as much as possible.

Initial B
06-28-2015, 03:17 PM

Am I the only one that would like to see Toledo ref TFC home games? Guarenteed both NYCFC and DCU would have finished with fewer than 11 men.

boozilla
06-28-2015, 04:23 PM
Lol yup and probably both, guy sat isolated for the next 10-15 minutes
I love it. It's positive. He's showing frustration as a competitor who plays with passion, whereas an annoyed Defoe was just plain petulant.

Ajax TFC
06-28-2015, 06:23 PM
Am I the only one that would like to see Toledo ref TFC home games? Guarenteed both NYCFC and DCU would have finished with fewer than 11 men.
I definitely don't want Toledo. That prick would want to show Giovinco that he's still the star of this league

Pookie
06-28-2015, 06:32 PM

I fear that people criticizing the Argos attendance may be eating crow if TFC has meaningful games in the cold fall/winter run up.

That said, it's MLS. 60% of the teams make the playoffs. This was essentially an "exhibition" game with a dash of meaning as far as the impact on the standings go. It's a step above a friendly.

If it was too rainy or cold or you had laundry to do… so be it. That's what MLS gets by creating this mediocre performance culture.

Auzzy
06-28-2015, 07:30 PM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_Ite8ByRWB2M/TIQ4LqFRZsI/AAAAAAAAAG4/374M932oo8k/s320/CautionAxeGrinding_small.jpg

OgtheDim
06-28-2015, 07:57 PM
Yes all those people didn't show up because the season is meaningless and all those people showed up in Portland and New York out of sympathy.

Pookie
06-28-2015, 08:57 PM
:). Well why didn't they show up then?

Too much rain? Extended Father's Day Bender? Forget to set their clocks to Daylight Savings time like Nazeem Kadri? Riveting NHL post Day One Draft coverage? got distracted trying to get #JustinTrudeaushair to trend on twitter?

Exhibition games generally are weather dependent.

Jack
06-28-2015, 09:56 PM
I pulled the bonehead move of trusting the calendar in my phone (downloaded directly from TFC's website). I was just about ready to head out when I popped into the match thread and saw the game had already started. Very shitty feeling.

OgtheDim
06-29-2015, 06:25 AM
:). Well why didn't they show up then?

Too much rain?

Yes.

Anything else is your own agenda leaking through.

BTW, 2 seasons ago there is no way we get that many out to a game in those conditions. A corner has been turned in support for this team...lets see how long this street goes.

Fort York Redcoat
06-29-2015, 08:18 AM
I fear that people criticizing the Argos attendance may be eating crow if TFC has meaningful games in the cold fall/winter run up.

That said, it's MLS. 60% of the teams make the playoffs. This was essentially an "exhibition" game with a dash of meaning as far as the impact on the standings go. It's a step above a friendly.

If it was too rainy or cold or you had laundry to do… so be it. That's what MLS gets by creating this mediocre performance culture.

:deadhorse:

I think you mean people criticizing past and future Argos attendance when they faced the elements. To criticize Argos attendance now is not a direct comparison at all.

I understand where you're coming from and where you're going but your point about league structure is contradictory to your aim or desire for the league.

We all get you don't like playoffs or easy entry playoffs but to call this practically an exhibition game sounds more like you yourself demean the regular season instead of resenting how the league structure demeans the regular season.

Which is it Pook?

Mateo1985
06-29-2015, 12:56 PM

Soon boys...

So based on this picture, the north stand will remain. Or is it just the Phase 2 picture. I really hope we get to keep the north end. I don't want us to have the "incomplete" stands so to speak

Pint
06-29-2015, 12:58 PM
North stand will be gone, I don't think we have actual drawings of what the stadium will end up looking like.

Mateo1985
06-29-2015, 12:59 PM
North stand will be gone, I don't think we have actual drawings of what the stadium will end up looking like.

That is so shity... so so shity

Pint
06-29-2015, 01:01 PM
That is so shity... so so shity

Their is potential that the terrace/patio area can be done well and may actually draw people in on a summers afternoon but i tend to agree with you.

OgtheDim
06-29-2015, 01:44 PM
North Stand has to go to accommodate gridiron.

There is talk of a really long bar up there but I have my doubts.

Fort York Redcoat
06-29-2015, 02:33 PM

As far as I know, yes.

Toledo hasn't been great for us either through the years.

Auzzy
06-30-2015, 01:51 AM
So, annoying Mr. Simon Borg thinks there should have been two red cards against DC in that game.

He didn't even mention the totally bizarre call where Altidore was whistled for a foul, after he got slide-tackled straight through from behind.

I see that a few of you are battling it out with myopic DCU fans, on the MLS Soccer highlight thread. Which got me thinking: what if TFC did have a couple of extra cameras at a game, just following Giovinco and a few others around? Then afterwards they broadcast some of the lowlights of the game. I mean, you can get fined or otherwise penalized for overly criticizing a ref. But for showing a video? Maybe with some straight text on top of the video, such as "no foul was called here." Or "A foui was called against Altidore on that play."

Ivy
06-30-2015, 02:30 AM
I don't remember the exact context of this, but There was a case recently where a ref reversed a call he made after he saw the replay on the jumbotron. His initial call was wrong and he was right by correcting it, but FIFA (I think it was) punished him for doing that.

That at being said, a team showing videos of all the missed calls after every game will surely be an issue with MLS and PRO. They would call it "indirect criticism".

Auzzy
06-30-2015, 10:23 AM
I don't remember the exact context of this, but There was a case recently where a ref reversed a call he made after he saw the replay on the jumbotron. His initial call was wrong and he was right by correcting it, but FIFA (I think it was) punished him for doing that.

That at being said, a team showing videos of all the missed calls after every game will surely be an issue with MLS and PRO. They would call it "indirect criticism".

Yeah good point. Maybe they can let their "broadcast partners" take care of it. Might get more views for that video than for the main game. I do remember they put out a hilarious video after one of the CCL games a few years back, with some great music accompanying the dives and bad calls.

PopePouri
07-02-2015, 02:47 PM
Don Ruiz ‏@donruiztnt (https://twitter.com/donruiztnt) 20m20 minutes ago (https://twitter.com/donruiztnt/status/616688450272645121)
MLS Disciplinary Committee has fined Toronto FC defender Damien Perquis for embellishment in 32nd minute of match against D.C. United

This league sometimes....

shwade
07-02-2015, 03:37 PM
Damn, Perquis has made some enemies in the disciplinary committee.

Jack
07-02-2015, 03:46 PM
Don Ruiz ‏@donruiztnt (https://twitter.com/donruiztnt) 20m20 minutes ago (https://twitter.com/donruiztnt/status/616688450272645121)
MLS Disciplinary Committee has fined Toronto FC defender Damien Perquis for embellishment in 32nd minute of match against D.C. United

This league sometimes....
He did dive well after being hit, but the fact they discipline that, but not the Achilles stomp on Seba or the two footed tackle from behind on Jozy just shows what a joke the officiating is in MLS.

ag futbol
07-02-2015, 04:27 PM
He did dive well after being hit, but the fact they discipline that, but not the Achilles stomp on Seba or the two footed tackle from behind on Jozy just shows what a joke the officiating is in MLS.
That would involve them admitting their own faults rather than some player supposedly tricking them. Doesn't fit with their objectives of sweeping everything under the rug.