PDA

View Full Version : Game 13 - DeRo Bash then Bashing NYCFC - Saturday 20 June 3:00 pm then 7:00 pm

Pages : [1] 2

OgtheDim
06-09-2015, 04:07 PM
DeRo Testimonial @ 3 pm and then the first visit of the Man City Farm Club

And the first bit of news

John Molinaro ‏@JohnMolinaro (https://twitter.com/JohnMolinaro) 2h2 hours ago (https://twitter.com/JohnMolinaro/status/608351559915864064)
From talking to Jozy, I get sense he'll play in June 20th game (and maybe the midweek vs Montreal) before going off to Gold Cup.

Mateo1985
06-09-2015, 04:14 PM
So Jozy won't plan against DC on 27th for sure? I hope he will since he and Bradley will skip entire July in MLS play.

anto7
06-09-2015, 05:46 PM
So Jozy won't plan against DC on 27th for sure? I hope he will since he and Bradley will skip entire July in MLS play.

Not sure why they could not play the game on the 27th, USA do not play their first game until July 7th. That would still give them 10 days of camp.

notthesun
06-09-2015, 05:54 PM
Yeah, we should pretty much thrash NYC. Like 4-0 or something. They're bad. Double team Villa and you win. This should be a fun one to attend.

Jozy gets a brace on his return to the starting lineup, book it.

Detroit_TFC
06-09-2015, 08:58 PM
All the stars are aligning for this game. If we get the performance that seems to be on offer, this might be a special experience. Does make me nervous, though.

Ultra & Proud
06-09-2015, 10:04 PM
Historically speaking, these are the matches we general grind out 1-0 or 2-1 wins and usually with a whole lot of bunkering for the last 20 minutes. Hopefully we keep up our new trends. I am liking them better :hump:

Red CB Toronto
06-09-2015, 10:32 PM
Looking forward to the DERO testimonial match, will be a very special day !!!

portu
06-09-2015, 11:25 PM
hope david villa is healthy for this one really want to seem him in person! Then again maybe not
early prediction is that we knock them back to nyc 5-2

Ivy
06-10-2015, 01:11 AM
Overconfidence is dangerous.

OgtheDim
06-10-2015, 06:10 AM
As supporters we should expect our team to win games like this. This is what we want - to be good.

We also should expect TFC to not be overconfident and expect them to take their role in preperation seriously.

Given the talk coming out of the team, they don't seem to be overconfident.

That having been said, MLS teams tend to go on streaks like what we are going on and then fall off. See NER last season for the most extreme version of that.

Cuppy
06-10-2015, 07:14 AM
Overconfidence is dangerous.

Totally agree with this

Initial B
06-10-2015, 07:43 AM
Will NYCFC have Lampard by that point?

Red CB Toronto
06-10-2015, 07:55 AM
Will NYCFC have Lampard by that point?

No, he joins them on July 1.

GuelphStorm2007
06-11-2015, 12:15 AM
With TFC playing well I m hoping for a big crowd, and at the same time a huge victory.

flatpicker
06-11-2015, 08:16 AM
Why the 2hr gap between games? Wouldn't it make more sense to have the testimonial end maybe 30mins before the NY game?

Oldtimer
06-11-2015, 08:30 AM
Why the 2hr gap between games? Wouldn't it make more sense to have the testimonial end maybe 30mins before the NY game?

More time for MLSE to sell beer in between the games.

Red CB Toronto
06-11-2015, 08:36 AM

More time for MLSE to sell beer in between the games.

The MLS teams have their pre-game warmups and there will also a cemremony between the two games for DERO. Looking forward to a good crowd for the testimonial !!

Initial B
06-11-2015, 11:42 AM
I can't see TFC losing this game especially at home. 3-1 for TFC.

billyfly
06-11-2015, 03:32 PM
Boom Da Bash!

OgtheDim
06-13-2015, 07:12 AM
Know our next 2 opponents

Montreal at NYCFC tonight, Saturday, at 7 pm

Doesn't seem to be on a network.

Joe Kool
06-13-2015, 10:22 AM
My son has a soccer tourney during the day so will have to miss the testimonial. Hoping I have time to make it to the TFC game at this point. I don't like to be overconfident but I feel like I can for this game so I am going to be. We will win.....write it down!

Ivy
06-13-2015, 11:17 AM
Mtl has been on fire lately, and their schedule in the next few games can see them jumping high up in the standings if they keep it up.
These next 3 games scare me.

OgtheDim
06-13-2015, 08:16 PM
That game wouldn't scare me. Neither team looks that impressive. Some woeful defending all around - looked like us vs Chicago, except with less firepower.

Both teams give up a lot of space in front of their back 4.

molenshtain
06-14-2015, 01:14 AM
NYCFC are still bad, despite the win today. Their defence is one of the worst units put together in modern MLS history, definitly giving our 2011-2013 group a good run for their money. Their midfield doesn't know how to navigate themselves when the opposing team is smarter than them, which we are. Even if Mix, Poku, Villa, Shelton etc. play their best game I doubt they'll be able to work themselves into good positions. We'll win easily.

I hope it's good weather and we get the "big fancy expensive club" bump in attendance. It was a party in the stands against San Jose but the storm really affected how many people got to experience it. A lot of people have forgotten how much euphoria there can be around BMO when things go our way for even a second. Fingers crossed for the perfect day.

At this point, I don't know what I'll do with myself if we come away with 9 points in a week at home. Spontaneously combust? I don't know. Probably.

TFC/Everton
06-14-2015, 01:52 AM
Mtl has been on fire lately, and their schedule in the next few games can see them jumping high up in the standings if they keep it up.
These next 3 games scare me.

Agreed. Leading into the Gold Cup, we need these points.

molenshtain
06-14-2015, 01:56 AM
will we have all of our gold cup players for all three games?

OgtheDim
06-14-2015, 07:43 AM
will we have all of our gold cup players for all three games?

There is some question about the DCU home game, which would basically mean we have the same starting team as last week with Bloom for Morgan and Chapman for Osorio.

I can live with a spine of Perquis, Cheyrou, Chapman & Giovinco.

On another note, NYCFC plays the Cosmos in a US Open Cup match on Wed. The blue sky clad ones might need to put a bit more effort into that match then they would normally in a cup game.

Yohan
06-14-2015, 09:12 AM
We are catching some breaks. DCU after a wed game for them and now NYCFC after a us open cup game

tfcocd
06-14-2015, 09:45 AM
We are catching some breaks. DCU after a wed game for them and now NYCFC after a us open cup game

A 'true' derby game in NY. Wonder if this game will be available online and if there will be a worthy atmosphere? Would be nice to catch a team that is emotionally spent at home when the home support has been pre drinking for 4 hours :drinking:
Should have the boys in red come out flying!

molenshtain
06-14-2015, 12:36 PM
A 'true' derby game in NY. Wonder if this game will be available online and if there will be a worthy atmosphere? Would be nice to catch a team that is emotionally spent at home when the home support has been pre drinking for 4 hours :drinking:
Should have the boys in red come out flying!

I think it'll have a pretty good atmosphere. The Plastic Cunts Who Support Slave Ownership and Mass Murder and Violent Homophobia brought 1500 to Jersey when they played the slightly less offensive team supported by The Plastic Cunts Who Enjoy Being Sheep In A Shameless and Entirely Nontransparent Marketing Scheme Enacted By A Fucking Energy Drink Company.

How the hell did the Cosmos get to be the least offensive team in New York? Like, they had a huge hand in ruining football and all of it's infrastructure in NA for a significant period of time, and they're still wayyyyyyyyy more likeable than the other two. And now NY is getting a fourth team, but it's owned by easily the most loathsome player in the NBA.

Fuck New York.

rant over.

Greatest Ripoff
06-14-2015, 12:46 PM
And now NY is getting a fourth team, but it's owned by easily the most loathsome player in the NBA.

What is this team or this suppose be a joke because of New York's large Puerto Ricans population?

molenshtain
06-14-2015, 12:49 PM
What is this team or this suppose be a joke because of New York's large Puerto Ricans population?

Puerto Rico Islanders are coming back, and are owned by Carmelo Anthony.

It's just all so terrible, man.

Greatest Ripoff
06-14-2015, 12:52 PM
Puerto Rico Islanders are coming back, and are owned by Carmelo Anthony.

It's just all so terrible, man.

Ok....but how is NY getting a fourth team?

molenshtain
06-14-2015, 12:55 PM
Ok....but how is NY getting a fourth team?

ah, assumed he was moving the team to NY. my bad.

Still. sentiment remains.

jazzy
06-14-2015, 03:35 PM
Melo the most loathsome player in the NBA , don't follow much NBA I take it ? He has his moments but he is far from loathesome . Pro basketball in all it's glory defined that , and as a kid coming out of the horrible projects in Baltimore, father dies at 2, he simply followed the path people that was preordained by the big league owners (white) , to survive . And whose laughing now and he's alive . From what limited knowledge I have he up front is very approachable . His dad was also Puerto Rican hence the Islanders and I love to see big money stars reinvest into the game I love , which shows it's recent growth and value . Of course Melo may not be as pure and ethical as MLSE........

molenshtain
06-14-2015, 04:46 PM
Melo the most loathsome player in the NBA , don't follow much NBA I take it ? He has his moments but he is far from loathesome . Pro basketball in all it's glory defined that , and as a kid coming out of the horrible projects in Baltimore, father dies at 2, he simply followed the path people that was preordained by the big league owners (white) , to survive . And whose laughing now and he's alive . From what limited knowledge I have he up front is very approachable . His dad was also Puerto Rican hence the Islanders and I love to see big money stars reinvest into the game I love , which shows it's recent growth and value . Of course Melo may not be as pure and ethical as MLSE........

oh no, I trust Melo's a great guy in his personal life. I have no evidence to suggest otherwise. I think it's great that he's investing in something he cares about and wants to use his wealth and influence to give back to his community. I just find him unbelievably boring, both on and off the court. I sigh every time I watch Melo catch the ball in the high post with 18 seconds on the shot clock because it's so fucking depressing. It's fine that Melo chose living in New York and taking the money over competing and playing real basketball. different guys have different priorities in the NBA. I just find him frustrating. He's obviously talented but he sucks to watch play and has zero personality on and off the court. The NBA is a league of crazy fun characters and Melo just doesn't fit in at all. On and off the court, Melo would have fit in in the NBA a lot better 20-30 years ago.

you're right though, most Loathsome is probably harsh. I mean Rondo and Howard are still around and Melo has a ways to go to get to their level.

Oldtimer
06-14-2015, 05:00 PM
Looking forward to seeing Giovinco tear apart their defense.

ronzilla
06-14-2015, 05:04 PM
3-1 Win.

Seba 2
Jozy 1

molenshtain
06-14-2015, 05:46 PM
if you're privileged enough to have remained blissfully ignorant until now, here's a primer on the people you are acknowledging and giving your money to on Saturday:

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2013/jul/30/manchester-city-human-rights-accusations

I've talked about this before on here when its come up, but I feel extremely uncomfortable with the fact that these guys have been let into our league. I thought that this league prided itself in some way about being above politics and being a league with progressive fans and supporters groups around the league. The players are part of that too. The way the Gordon-Johnson incident went down a few years ago would have never happened in Europe. Same thing with Rogers. How's he going to feel playing a team who's owners wouldn't allow him into their country due to his orientation?

But it seems Garber couldn't give a fuck because he's lost all sight of how to build this league and become hell bent on getting as many big name DP's in as many American Cities as possible, regardless of the consequences. It's also very surprising to me that nothing's being made of it around the league. Not a peep from any FO or supporters group. I really don't think this should be glossed over.

The more I think about it the more I feel uncomfortable with going on on Saturday. I hate having to make that choice, and I don't know why Garber is making me choose between me compromising my morals and going to the game to support the team I love or not acknowledging the game and staying at least relatively clean in my own mind. This isn't something I should be forced to consider when I go to a game.

I've been thinking about writing a letter to MLSE and MLS and asking them how much money specifically goes from my ticket to them, and why they feel comfortable giving my money to people who traffic thousands of slaves, enforce medieval era anti-gay legislation and quite possibly have funded terrorists, amongst a whole bunch of other shit. There's really no reason Putin or Kim Jung-Un can't get a team if we're letting in these guys. Obviously I don't think I can make a difference by myself, but I know that a lot of people aren't fully aware of the scale of of shit that these scum get up to. I think everyone who walks into our stadium on Saturday, and every person who walks into every other stadium in the League when they play the team who shall not be named, should be fully informed on the subject and make a conscious decision about if they feel comfortable with this whole thing. It's gone entirely glossed over, even by non MLS journalists who would have full reason to take MLSE and the league to task for allowing this to happen. This seems like the perfect beat for Larsun this week, but I highly doubt we get anything about it in the lead up from our regular beat reporters.

I don't know. I just think it's something that at least needs to be discussed.

jazzy
06-14-2015, 06:26 PM
[QUOTE=molenshtain;1748023]oh no, I trust Melo's a great guy in his personal life. I have no evidence to suggest otherwise. I think it's great that he's investing in something he cares about and wants to use his wealth and influence to give back to his community. I just find him unbelievably boring, both on and off the court. I sigh every time I watch Melo catch the ball in the high post with 18 seconds on the shot clock because it's so fucking depressing. It's fine that Melo chose living in New York and taking the money over competing and playing real basketball. different guys have different priorities in the NBA. I just find him frustrating. He's obviously talented but he sucks to watch play and has zero personality on and off the court. The NBA is a league of crazy fun characters and Melo just doesn't fit in at all. On and off the court, Melo would have fit in in the NBA a lot better 20-30 years ago.

point taken .....he's looking to after basketball......the whole American sports system is corrupt and if one has the talent to get out of horrid conditions I can understand , Even if many ruin my false sports 'hero' dreams . It's funny because I've actually had similar sentiments but have been chastised by my a my daughters best friend and 2nd daughter to us as she went to school with him and became close as a student in Washington/Baltimore . Believe me I think it's hard to keep an image true to oneself in the huge sports kingdom .

Fort York Redcoat
06-15-2015, 08:20 AM
if you're privileged enough to have remained blissfully ignorant until now, here's a primer on the people you are acknowledging and giving your money to on Saturday:

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2013/jul/30/manchester-city-human-rights-accusations

I've talked about this before on here when its come up, but I feel extremely uncomfortable with the fact that these guys have been let into our league. I thought that this league prided itself in some way about being above politics and being a league with progressive fans and supporters groups around the league. The players are part of that too. The way the Gordon-Johnson incident went down a few years ago would have never happened in Europe. Same thing with Rogers. How's he going to feel playing a team who's owners wouldn't allow him into their country due to his orientation?

But it seems Garber couldn't give a fuck because he's lost all sight of how to build this league and become hell bent on getting as many big name DP's in as many American Cities as possible, regardless of the consequences. It's also very surprising to me that nothing's being made of it around the league. Not a peep from any FO or supporters group. I really don't think this should be glossed over.

The more I think about it the more I feel uncomfortable with going on on Saturday. I hate having to make that choice, and I don't know why Garber is making me choose between me compromising my morals and going to the game to support the team I love or not acknowledging the game and staying at least relatively clean in my own mind. This isn't something I should be forced to consider when I go to a game.

I've been thinking about writing a letter to MLSE and MLS and asking them how much money specifically goes from my ticket to them, and why they feel comfortable giving my money to people who traffic thousands of slaves, enforce medieval era anti-gay legislation and quite possibly have funded terrorists, amongst a whole bunch of other shit. There's really no reason Putin or Kim Jung-Un can't get a team if we're letting in these guys. Obviously I don't think I can make a difference by myself, but I know that a lot of people aren't fully aware of the scale of of shit that these scum get up to. I think everyone who walks into our stadium on Saturday, and every person who walks into every other stadium in the League when they play the team who shall not be named, should be fully informed on the subject and make a conscious decision about if they feel comfortable with this whole thing. It's gone entirely glossed over, even by non MLS journalists who would have full reason to take MLSE and the league to task for allowing this to happen. This seems like the perfect beat for Larsun this week, but I highly doubt we get anything about it in the lead up from our regular beat reporters.

I don't know. I just think it's something that at least needs to be discussed.

Did you go to the friendly to voice your opinion? Did you write a letter about it? It seems like you had an opportunity to speak your peace already. Here's another one. No one is stopping you from talking about the subject. I think its pretty terrible the state that Abu dhabi is in. I certainly don't approve of their conduct and wouldn't want them represented in a positive light in this or a foreign league.

My only issue is the focus you take from your own view to push on some supporters group to take the initiative. That and the fact that many are season ticket holders and couldn't NOT be giving their money to this game. They did that already.

So feel free to share your ideas and see who is thinking along the same lines if you want to start some initiative.

Mateo1985
06-15-2015, 08:52 AM
Can not wait for this Saturday!!! It's been too long without a game in TO already lol.... Do we gather at Shoeless before the De Ro Testimonial game? If so what time?

See you all there

TFC07
06-15-2015, 09:01 AM
Did they announce roster for DeRo testimonial game?

PopePouri
06-15-2015, 09:02 AM
http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/article/2015/06/15/armchair-analyst-beauty-space-replacement-parts-more-week-15?utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=referral&utm_content=News&utm_campaign=Unpaid

3. The Replacements NYCFC have gone back to the diamond, and have now ripped off two straight wins. Saturday's was a fairly comprehensive 3-1 win over Montreal (http://matchcenter.mlssoccer.com/matchcenter/2015-06-13-new-york-city-fc-vs-montreal-impact) that included lots of possession (as per usual) and really nice build-up play (hey, that's new!).
They were particularly prolific down the left-hand side:
Getting Chris Wingert (No. 17) re-slotted into the left back role he played for almost a decade in Utah has made a lot of sense, as did having Ned Grabavoy (No. 11) play at the point of the diamond, which he'd done fairly regularly in the past - notably in 2011 when Javier Morales was hurt for most of the year.
But yeah... No. 15 is Tommy McNamara, and that graphic gives an idea of how strong a connection he has with both forwards, Patrick Mullins (No. 14) and David Villa (No. 7). McNamara plays much more of a north-south game than the typical shuttler (that's the term for a wide midfielder in a diamond or 4-1-3-2), and as such pulls the opposing fullbacks further away from the central channel, which - follow along, now - leaves Mullins and Villa with more room to operate.
NYCFC still have work to do and at least one big, Lampard-sized adjustment to make over the next month, but over the last two weeks they've started to resemble a decent MLS team. Youngsters McNamara, Mullins and Kwadwo Poku have all had a big hand in that, which should give NYCFC fans something to be cheerful about.

They're basically a mirror of us.

Mateo1985
06-15-2015, 09:11 AM
Did they announce roster for DeRo testimonial game?

No Rosters announced yet on TorontoFC.com

OgtheDim
06-15-2015, 10:48 AM
http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/article/2015/06/15/armchair-analyst-beauty-space-replacement-parts-more-week-15?utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=referral&utm_content=News&utm_campaign=Unpaid

3. The Replacements

NYCFC have gone back to the diamond, and have now ripped off two straight wins. Saturday's was a fairly comprehensive 3-1 win over Montreal (http://matchcenter.mlssoccer.com/matchcenter/2015-06-13-new-york-city-fc-vs-montreal-impact) that included lots of possession (as per usual) and really nice build-up play (hey, that's new!).
They were particularly prolific down the left-hand side:
Getting Chris Wingert (No. 17) re-slotted into the left back role he played for almost a decade in Utah has made a lot of sense, as did having Ned Grabavoy (No. 11) play at the point of the diamond, which he'd done fairly regularly in the past - notably in 2011 when Javier Morales was hurt for most of the year.
But yeah... No. 15 is Tommy McNamara, and that graphic gives an idea of how strong a connection he has with both forwards, Patrick Mullins (No. 14) and David Villa (No. 7). McNamara plays much more of a north-south game than the typical shuttler (that's the term for a wide midfielder in a diamond or 4-1-3-2), and as such pulls the opposing fullbacks further away from the central channel, which - follow along, now - leaves Mullins and Villa with more room to operate.
NYCFC still have work to do and at least one big, Lampard-sized adjustment to make over the next month, but over the last two weeks they've started to resemble a decent MLS team. Youngsters McNamara, Mullins and Kwadwo Poku have all had a big hand in that, which should give NYCFC fans something to be cheerful about.

They're basically a mirror of us.

We have a better balance in the passing department and a WAY better DM in Cheyrou. That and their defence is porous.

ShelsMan
06-15-2015, 08:36 PM
Hi All,

Coming over from Ireland to Toronto for two weeks tomorrow and would love to take in this game. I'd like to get a sense of what you guys are all about and get an idea of the football culture in Toronto.

Being the follower of a local club here in Dublin called Shelbourne (Shels) I've naturally got an interest in football culture worldwide and have been to many games around Europe etc..

What's the best place for a drink and to sample a proper match day experience (looking for the proper football fix and not the corporate, streamlined side of things!)

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers guys.

Pint
06-15-2015, 09:29 PM
Hi All,

Coming over from Ireland to Toronto for two weeks tomorrow and would love to take in this game. I'd like to get a sense of what you guys are all about and get an idea of the football culture in Toronto.

Being the follower of a local club here in Dublin called Shelbourne (Shels) I've naturally got an interest in football culture worldwide and have been to many games around Europe etc..

What's the best place for a drink and to sample a proper match day experience (looking for the proper football fix and not the corporate, streamlined side of things!)

Cheers guys.

Before the game Shoeless Joes about 5-10 min walk from the stadium is the main spot for supporters, couple others also around but Shoeless is the main spot.

When looking for tickets: sections 112, 113, 114 and 116 IMO are the best places to be with 111 also being good.

ShelsMan
06-15-2015, 09:42 PM
Before the game Shoeless Joes about 5-10 min walk from the stadium is the main spot for supporters, couple others also around but Shoeless is the main spot.

When looking for tickets: sections 112, 113, 114 and 116 IMO are the best places to be with 111 also being good.

Great stuff. Will defiinitely pay that spot a visit before the game... nice one!

Auzzy
06-15-2015, 09:49 PM
Great stuff. Will defiinitely pay that spot a visit before the game... nice one!

And check out the Ticket Trader thread here on this forum, for decently-priced tickets to the supporters' sections mentioned above.

JoesphNdo
06-15-2015, 10:18 PM
Hi All,

Cheers guys.

Jesus, the Shels supporting population of Toronto is about to double!

Shoeless joes is a good spot before the match as has been said and don't forget you can drink at your seat inside the ground here (but you'll pay a small fortune for the privilege). Get tickets for the South stand in the ticket trader form, standing is allowed and is nearly always where you'll find the atmosphere. Usually the closer to sections 112, 113 and 114 the better. It's a very different kind of atmosphere to back home, but on a good day BMO can be rocking. Last week especially was fantastic,hopefully this one delivers as well for you.

Oh and since you're in Canada take the short walk to Atlantic avenue afterwards for some post match poutine. You can't come here and not try it

portu
06-15-2015, 10:19 PM
Does anyone know what Moore's status is going into the game this Saturday? He went off against DC and I haven't heard anything since.

Areathrasher
06-16-2015, 08:24 AM
Jaysus, a Shels fan :crazy:

Enjoy and welcome to Toronto!

OgtheDim
06-16-2015, 12:26 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CHo0k2yWsAAkVnZ.jpg

Seats are in 226. Good cause this.

Pre Game Festivities celebrating Italian Culture - with a few thousand of us already there and drinking for 3 hours, that should be fun.

FRANKIE65
06-16-2015, 12:33 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CHo0k2yWsAAkVnZ.jpg

Seats are in 226. Good cause this.

Pre Game Festivities celebrating Italian Culture - with a few thousand of us already there and drinking for 3 hours, that should be fun.

Here's a question...will we be able to leave BMO after the Testimonial, and, return later for the NYFC match? Or do they expect all of us to stay at BMO to eat/drink??

Mateo1985
06-16-2015, 12:40 PM
Here's a question...will we be able to leave BMO after the Testimonial, and, return later for the NYFC match? Or do they expect all of us to stay at BMO to eat/drink??

I'm pretty sure you can leave and then come back. You just gotta make sure to scan your ticket again when you leave so that it still works when you come back for the NYCFC game.

OgtheDim
06-17-2015, 02:27 PM
For those interested in Cosmos vs. NYCFC tonight, it will be on youtube found here (https://www.youtube.com/ussoccer), apparently.

notthesun
06-17-2015, 06:59 PM
For those interested in Cosmos vs. NYCFC tonight, it will be on youtube found here (https://www.youtube.com/ussoccer), apparently.

Here's the direct link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6RdvSi7xlw

NYC resting some guys for the match against us. Villa, Grabavoy and McNamara on the bench. Surprised they started Diskerud actually.

Petor
06-17-2015, 08:36 PM
Tied 2-2 after 90, now they have to play for another 30.
NYCFC might be a wee bit tired come Saturday.

NYFC was up 2-0.
Lucky scores the tying goal for Cosmos around the 90th minute.

Stress
06-17-2015, 09:01 PM
Lots of NYC starters getting serious minutes tonight. Thank you Cosmos!

OgtheDim
06-17-2015, 09:23 PM
That's a good result for us. Cosmos win on the 6th kick.

Petor
06-17-2015, 09:26 PM
That's a good result for us. Cosmos win on the 6th kick.

Remarkable game, Cosmos coming back to tie after being down 2-0.
NYCFC hits the crossbar in overtime on a penalty kick.
Cosmos come back on penalty kicks too.

Petor
06-17-2015, 09:28 PM
Lots of NYC starters getting serious minutes tonight. Thank you Cosmos!

And it was played on plastic too.

akoto
06-17-2015, 09:30 PM
Pretty entertaining game. NYCFC didn't impress in this at all though. I know they rested some key players but they looked very beatable all night.

Oldtimer
06-18-2015, 07:53 AM
An exhausted demoralized team, bones aching from playing on plastic? I'll take that! g:D But let's not have any over-confidence, we've lost against teams in their situation so many times over the years.

Detroit_TFC
06-18-2015, 09:34 AM
Allen Chapman is the center ref, oh boy.

Toronto FC vs. New York City FC
BMO Field (7 pm EDT, MLS LIVE in US, TSN2 in Canada)
REF: ALLEN CHAPMAN
AR1: Gianni Facchini
AR2: Mark Cahen
4TH: Alan Kelly

Oldtimer
06-18-2015, 10:04 AM
Allen Chapman is the center ref, oh boy.

Toronto FC vs. New York City FC
BMO Field (7 pm EDT, MLS LIVE in US, TSN2 in Canada)
REF: ALLEN CHAPMAN
AR1: Gianni Facchini
AR2: Mark Cahen
4TH: Alan Kelly

Yeah, he's burned us before.

http://prosoccertalk.nbcsports.com/2013/09/21/toronto-fc-latest-mls-club-burned-by-refereeing-blunder/

strictlye
06-18-2015, 03:06 PM
I'm so torn....do I wear my TFC jersey or my David Villa 2008 Spain jersey? Of course I want to support TFC...but David Villa is one of my favorite players in the world! I've been supporting the Spain international team before they became champions...and I'n not even spanish.

Red CB Toronto
06-18-2015, 03:09 PM
I'm so torn....do I wear my TFC jersey or my David Villa 2008 Spain jersey? Of course I want to support TFC...but David Villa is one of my favorite players in the world! I've been supporting the Spain international team before they became champions...and I'n not even spanish.

Wear TFC, simple as that, its DERO's day !!

Red CB Toronto
06-18-2015, 03:11 PM

http://prosoccertalk.nbcsports.com/2013/09/21/toronto-fc-latest-mls-club-burned-by-refereeing-blunder/

I dont care who the dam ref is. Just play your game which the Reds have been doing and don't worry about what you can't control.

OgtheDim
06-18-2015, 03:19 PM
And we have our weather forecast

Sunny and 17 degrees by 3 pm with little humidity and light winds. Rain starting around 9 pm.

Subject to change of course.

TFC07
06-18-2015, 03:20 PM

Obviously you wear TFC jersey at TFC game.

dupont
06-18-2015, 04:40 PM

That is easy! You wear your TFC jersey and David Villa underwear!

Red CB Toronto
06-18-2015, 05:35 PM
I have my DERO jersey all washed and ready, nice and shining white !!

OgtheDim
06-18-2015, 06:24 PM
That is easy! You wear your TFC jersey and David Villa underwear!

Overtop of your dad jeans or under?

OgtheDim
06-18-2015, 06:25 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CHyrvyiWwAA5gKY.png

Red4ever
06-18-2015, 06:47 PM

wow. He shouldn't even have a job after this.

Oldtimer
06-18-2015, 06:58 PM
I dont care who the dam ref is. Just play your game which the Reds have been doing and don't worry about what you can't control.

That's what you tell the players as coach.

For fans, having a lousy ref can truly ruin the enjoyment of a game.

Derko
06-18-2015, 07:42 PM
Wear the David Villa shirt UNDER the TFC shirt or not at all, just my opinion of course. Do what you want

OgtheDim
06-18-2015, 08:50 PM
Okay, let's put it more bluntly.

Villa right now wants to beat TFC.

Wearing his shirt on Saturday supports him in that.

Red CB Toronto
06-18-2015, 08:54 PM
If you want wear the Villa jersey outside the stadium, try and get a photo with him or have him sign it when the bus arrives, but once inside change, that way you get the best of both worlds on DERO's special day !!

Fort York Redcoat
06-19-2015, 07:03 AM

Ask yourself if you want to be amongst the many who

Wore Man United and Real Madrid Bechham kits
wore Arsenal Henry shirts

wait I'm trying to remember how many Tottenham Defoe kits I saw last year...

Red CB Toronto
06-19-2015, 08:24 AM
Ask yourself if you want to be amongst the many who

Wore Man United and Real Madrid Bechham kits
wore Arsenal Henry shirts

wait I'm trying to remember how many Tottenham Defoe kits I saw last year...

I am just waiting to see how many TFC Defoe jersey's I see down at BMO during the Sunderland game on July 22 LOL

OgtheDim
06-19-2015, 11:32 AM
Weather forecast remains good for tomorrow with the rain not coming in now until close to 10.

notthesun
06-19-2015, 12:18 PM
Warner and Findley both fully fit, Bloom and Lovitz both not in the 18, Caldwell still 2 weeks away and Altidore will probably start but probably not go the full 90.

portu
06-19-2015, 12:34 PM
Warner and Findley both fully fit, Bloom and Lovitz both not in the 18, Caldwell still 2 weeks away and Altidore will probably start but probably not go the full 90.
Caldwell is forever "two weeks away" from full fitness.

Richard
06-19-2015, 01:49 PM
Caldwell is forever "two weeks away" from full fitness.

I get that feeling too at his age.

Bishop Blaize
06-19-2015, 02:31 PM
he's a lot longer than 2 weeks away from match fitness though.

SenorDingDong
06-19-2015, 03:17 PM
Good lineup!

I'm going to the game.

I really want to make a poster like this for Giovinco. With the label "Giovinco Show"

http://hotitgame.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/Algeria-celebrate150119BBP720.jpg

OgtheDim
06-20-2015, 06:27 AM
GAME DAY :scarf:

notthesun
06-20-2015, 05:05 PM
Starting XI: Konopka; Morrow, Zavaleta, Perquis, Morgan; Cheyrou, Warner, Osorio, Bradley; Giovinco, Moore.

Bench: Bendik, Hagglund, Jackson, Creavalle, Chapman, Findley, Altidore

Was expecting Altidore to start, looks like we'll be seeing him off the bench though. I'll guess 65th minute. Full strength squad otherwise.

portu
06-20-2015, 05:22 PM
Starting XI: Konopka; Morrow, Zavaleta, Perquis, Morgan; Cheyrou, Warner, Osorio, Bradley; Giovinco, Moore.

Bench: Bendik, Hagglund, Jackson, Creavalle, Chapman, Findley, Altidore

Was expecting Altidore to start, looks like we'll be seeing him off the bench though. I'll guess 65th minute. Full strength squad otherwise.
Maybe saving him for Montreal?

CBTFC
06-20-2015, 06:07 PM
been out the sun almost all day up here on georgian bay...just had a shower, put my TFC t-shirt on and made some coffee. all ready for a sunset saturday evening soccer match on the tube.

c'mon you reds!

69Chevy396
06-20-2015, 06:08 PM
been out the sun almost all day up here on georgian bay...just had a shower, put my TFC t-shirt on and made some coffee. all ready for a sunset saturday evening soccer match on the tube.

c'mon you reds!
Streaming?

James17930
06-20-2015, 06:18 PM
http://rivosport.me/ch11.html

69Chevy396
06-20-2015, 06:18 PM
merci

James17930
06-20-2015, 06:20 PM
Le sigh.

ag futbol
errrr ... that seems a bit harsh to say the least.

None the less this team needs to be more proactive. Letting them come in too much.

notthesun
Wow, what a cheap goal.

JavierMartini
06-20-2015, 06:21 PM
fuck that shit. So that's a penalty? The inconsistencies from these ball to hand penalties in the mls is absurd. I swear vs Dc the hand impeded play and it wasnt even called a penalty, yet cheryou has it , no chance for nyc and its a penalty. fuck off

69Chevy396
06-20-2015, 06:21 PM
http://rivosport.me/ch11.html
How do I watch it without having to register an account?

jloome
06-20-2015, 06:23 PM
fuck that shit. So that's a penalty? The inconsistencies from these ball to hand penalties in the mls is absurd. I swear vs Dc the hand impeded play and it wasnt even called a penalty, yet cheryou has it , no chance for nyc and its a penalty. fuck off

It's Allan Chapman. He's cost us the last two games he's ref'd for us and called both completely against it. I believe he's also the one Bradley called out last season. So we're fucked, bordering controlling our own outcome by scoring a bunch.

General Woolfe
06-20-2015, 06:23 PM
:facepalm: Very weak penalty that. It was definitely ball to hand, and I can only suppose Cheyrou's arm being outstetched was the reason the official gave it...

James17930
06-20-2015, 06:24 PM
How do I watch it without having to register an account?

Is it asking you to? It didn't ask me to.

Try going to this page first:

http://livefootballvideo.com/streaming/usa/mls/toronto-vs-new-york-city

Then clicking the 'Rivosport11 Play' link in the middle of the page.

69Chevy396
06-20-2015, 06:27 PM
Is it asking you to? It didn't ask me to.

Try going to this page first:

http://livefootballvideo.com/streaming/usa/mls/toronto-vs-new-york-city

Then clicking the 'Rivosport11 Play' link in the middle of the page.
Thanks, I will try that

CBTFC
06-20-2015, 06:29 PM
From the one replay they showed on sn360, the ball appears to bounce and sort of roll up cheyrou's torso, then barely touch his bicep.

That is a very weak ass hand ball call.

James17930
06-20-2015, 06:30 PM
This is going to be a terrible game.

General Woolfe
06-20-2015, 06:31 PM
Its starting to look like another poor refereeing performance from a TFC perspective

ag futbol
This ref is imminently going to ruin this game. Fucking clown.

JavierMartini
giovinco is getting shoved around and is pissed now.

ag futbol
06-20-2015, 06:32 PM
We need to switch up our tactics, ineffective thus far.

Bishop Blaize
06-20-2015, 06:35 PM
Perquis getting shoved off the ball by villa- embrassing for a guy who thinks he's tough

James17930
06-20-2015, 06:35 PM
Guys, let's be honest ... when Gio 'hurt himself' he simply ran into the defender. It was not a foul at all and he was trying way to hard to sell it.

So then he stupidly charges into the guy and rightly takes a yellow.

And the penalty WAS a penalty because, as we've seen a million times by now, if you have your arms flung out like a heron in the box and the ball comes anywhere near them, they will call it every single time (the PK miss on Arnaud in the DC game was just a ridiculous miss).

So the ref hasn't done anything to screw us yet ... we're already starting to screw ourselves. We've got to stop worrying about the ref and concentrate on just stringing two passes together.

General Woolfe
06-20-2015, 06:38 PM
Toronto really struggling to get any rhythm going so far. NYCFC flooding the midfield isn't helping. We seem to be more effective here when we make a quicker transition from defence to attack rather than through a studied build up

JavierMartini
06-20-2015, 06:38 PM
cheryou just took a hockey hit lol...

ag futbol
06-20-2015, 06:41 PM
There we go. Let's beat these clowns.

Bishop Blaize
06-20-2015, 06:42 PM
Osourio looking in form

James17930
06-20-2015, 06:42 PM
Ah, look ... we've finally remembered what to do! Only took 30 mins.

ag futbol
06-20-2015, 06:44 PM
Osourio looking in form
He's playing in the best spot for him: in the middle when he can make one-two combinations. The wing play is not his thing and he has to rely on morgan who is essentially useless going foward unless you run him into an open channel.

Bishop Blaize
06-20-2015, 06:46 PM
He's playing in the best spot for him: in the middle when he can make one-two combinations. The wing play is not his thing and he has to rely on morgan who is essentially useless going foward unless you run him into an open channel.
Exactly. He looks a different player in this role

Bishop Blaize
06-20-2015, 06:50 PM
Cheyrou has to do better on that free header

General Woolfe
Cheyrou should do better with that, although he does have a point about being grabbed

Brooker
Good lord. Playing fantastic. Just can't finish.

James17930
06-20-2015, 06:51 PM

Disagree. He's been doing some great one-two passing plays to spring himself all game.

General Woolfe
06-20-2015, 06:53 PM
I 'd like to see that 'handball' from a different angle. looked very similar to Cheyrou's

James17930
06-20-2015, 06:54 PM
That wasn't a handball.

ag futbol
06-20-2015, 06:54 PM
Disagree. He's been doing some great one-two passing plays to spring himself all game.
If they don't leave him the space to run into none of it happens. He's good at using his speed to get up and down the flank but if you stand him up he's a turnover machine and very limited in terms of what he can do.

flamehawk
06-20-2015, 06:55 PM
This is the best atmosphere I have experienced in a long time year 1 and 2 caliber

notthesun
06-20-2015, 06:55 PM
Ref is pissing me off, what else is new. If that's not a penalty ours wasn't either.

ag futbol
06-20-2015, 06:57 PM
What a joke of a yellow, that's not even a foul.

James17930
06-20-2015, 06:57 PM
This is the best atmosphere I have experienced in a long time year 1 and 2 caliber

You can't really hear the crowd on TV. Nothing distinct anyway.

Okay - now THAT was a bullshit yellow.

Bishop Blaize
06-20-2015, 06:58 PM
I honestly cannot stand perquis. He's like a pantomime villain. He runs around all angry but doesn't make physical tackles. He's a french robbie savage

JavierMartini
06-20-2015, 06:58 PM
This ref is trash, how are we getting yellows with the amount of fouls nycfc is committing. Not one yellow for persistent fouling , it should be at 3-4. This game is going to get out of hand in the second half if this continues on like this. Fuck chapman.

James17930
06-20-2015, 06:59 PM
If they don't leave him the space to run into none of it happens. He's good at using his speed to get up and down the flank but if you stand him up he's a turnover machine and very limited in terms of what he can do.

Well, to be fair, you could say that about most players. I'm not going to dis Morgan for not being great at nutmegging people.

notthesun
06-20-2015, 07:00 PM
Beat these fucking clowns. A joke of a PK and thug tactics on defense is all they have. Pound them second half.

General Woolfe
06-20-2015, 07:03 PM
Toronto definitely enjoying more pressure, even if there havent been too many great clear cut chances so far. NY havent really threaten much outside of the penalty. NYCFC are stifling the midfield and we need to find a way to bypass it without resorting to hoofball. Morgan (and to a lesser extend Morrow seem to be enjoying some success down the flanks and we should perhaps look to maximize this better. Giovinco is definitely getting some attention here from the NY defence and we should be looking to capitalize better on the freedom this is offering others. I think Altidore could be effective (more so than Moore anyway) in this regard. Whilst you cant really accuse the ref of any real clangers so far he is giving NYCFC everything, which is make for an inconsistent performance and is causing frustration with our players

JavierMartini
06-20-2015, 07:03 PM
Beat these fucking clowns. A joke of a PK and thug tactics on defense is all they have. Pound them second half.

If we still had henry he's prob get a red in this game haha. Chapman is a shit ref. This game is teetering on the brink. The persistent fouling is absurd. Then comes the no call on the penalty, after calling it earlier.

Our guys need to keep their heads and play good footy.

ag futbol
06-20-2015, 07:08 PM
Agreed. I hope Altidore is good for 20 minutes, we destroy them in the middle and just run rampant.

James17930
Altidore should come in at the half. I'm pretty sure Moore started simply because Vanney wanted to 'keep the guys who were winning,' but really he's got to be more logical than that.

You play your best players whenever you can, especially after a two week break.

Unless Jozy has aggravated the injury and we don't know about it yet.

notthesun
Get Altidore on. Let's seem them try to push Jozy around.

Bishop Blaize
06-20-2015, 07:13 PM
Shut down seba n you've a good chance of shutting us down

flamehawk
06-20-2015, 07:13 PM
You can't really hear the crowd on TV. Nothing distinct anyway.

Okay - now THAT was a bullshit yellow.

Well, from 220 it's really loud. The crowd noises follow the actions on the pitch. The biggest difference from other games is how loud it's been outside of supporters sections. This is what made me fall in love w tfc

James17930
06-20-2015, 07:17 PM
Well, from 220 it's really loud. The crowd noises follow the actions on the pitch. The biggest difference from other games is how loud it's been outside of supporters sections. This is what made me fall in love w tfc

Oh, I wasn't disagreeing with you ... I meant that they must not have the crowd mic-ed very well.

James17930
06-20-2015, 07:20 PM
I haven't seen Colin Warner do anything useful all season.

Can't we get a real RW?

ag futbol
06-20-2015, 07:20 PM
What's with all these low corners at the near post? oy

ag futbol
06-20-2015, 07:24 PM
That was just filthy.

ag futbol
06-20-2015, 07:27 PM
wtf... way too casual back there.

General Woolfe
06-20-2015, 07:28 PM
Extremely poor defending... :facepalm:

Bishop Blaize
See a genuine top class striker gets you

James17930
That was fucking, fucking pathetic.

Bishop Blaize
06-20-2015, 07:33 PM

Can't we get a real RW?

We have Altidore they have villa.

Jack
06-20-2015, 07:35 PM

Can't we get a real RW?
We don't play with wingers, so why would we want a real one?

notthesun
06-20-2015, 07:35 PM
Frustrating game that will probably have a frustrating end. Hopefully no over reactions here because we've been the better team easily.

bimmer
06-20-2015, 07:36 PM
Zavaleta pls

Jack
06-20-2015, 07:37 PM
Too bad for Zavaleta. Rookie brain fart, because he's been good. This ref is letting NY get away with a lot.

Bishop Blaize
06-20-2015, 07:41 PM

Can't we get a real RW?

No we don't have the cabbage

Jack
06-20-2015, 07:42 PM
Frustrating game that will probably have a frustrating end. Hopefully no over reactions here because we've been the better team easily.
Of course there will be overreactions.

Bishop Blaize
06-20-2015, 07:43 PM

Can't we get a real RW?

Bradley done okay but not good enough

James17930
06-20-2015, 07:44 PM
We don't play with wingers, so why would we want a real one?

Okay, sorry, let me rephrase:

"Can we get a guy to play on the right side of the diamond who can do more useful things than Warner can."

Chapman, maybe, for example.

ag futbol
06-20-2015, 07:44 PM
This is probably Osorio's best game since year one.

ag futbol
06-20-2015, 07:46 PM
Did Gerry Dobson just describe Jackson as an "offensive player"?

Jack
06-20-2015, 08:00 PM
Okay, sorry, let me rephrase:

"Can we get a guy to play on the right side of the diamond who can do more useful things than Warner can."

Chapman, maybe, for example.
Would be good to see him get a chance. Warner is serviceable, but that's it. A good backup, but we can't likely afford a starter there just at the moment.

This is probably Osorio's best game since year one.
He's played great. Frustrating match for our guys, but a grinding, dirty and professional job from NYFC.

ag futbol
06-20-2015, 08:07 PM
And Perquis is doing his incredible hulk impression.

We played okay for stretches but overall I thought we did make the necessary adjustments. We threw how many crosses in the box? They rarely found a target or lead to dangerous chances.

James17930
06-20-2015, 08:08 PM
Yes, NYC really bogged us down, so you have to give them credit there, but I think use not showing up for the first 30 mins eventually did us in. We were lazy, which led to the penalty, and then of course the 2nd goal was pure fuck-upery.

But I also have to question having Warner in the lineup. He has no offensive skill AT ALL. He is a backup DM at best. Why the hell is he out there? We need Chapman, or Hamilton, or (and I say this with reservations) even Jackson there starting to try to muster up more offence.

I really don't understand Vanney's decision-making there at all.

aajking
06-20-2015, 08:09 PM
Change.org petition to kick Allen Chapman from the MLS anyone? Hah.

Oso was great today, along with the obvious Gio. Hope Oso can keep this kind of play up. Perquis and Cheyrou played hard and well too.

Morgan and Zavaleta were a bit nervewracking at times tonight. I don't think they were mentally prepared for the aggressiveness of NYCFC.

General Woolfe
06-20-2015, 08:09 PM
Extremely disappointing night. At this rate our good away form will be negated by our poor home form. NYCFC and Houston are six points we surely should be looking to pick up if we are to be considered contenders. We just cant seem to impose ourselves and dictate games. Our success so far seems to come when playing on the counter. It was also clear tonight we cant go through the season relying on one player and we need to start to playing more effectively as a unit. Yes, the referee was poor, yes, some key players had an off night, but we surely should be capable of compensating for these things and put up a better showing

ag futbol
06-20-2015, 08:12 PM
Yeah give NYC credit for bogging the game down, we really didn't have an answer for that.

The ref was piss fucking poor and doesn't seem to understand the idea of persistent infringement... but whatever.

JavierMartini
06-20-2015, 08:14 PM
This is a clear display of the bush league tactics of the mls. When teams cannot compete in skill. They play like the broad street bullies. The difference between mls and other leagues is that the quality of reffing would never have let the game flow with such a high level of persistent fouling. Also I'd like to add the double standard of calls on penalties. Almost identical in form. Ball to chest then under the arm. Yet only we got penalised for it. Moreover perquis took 3 solid elbows to the head and was clearly fouled in the box. We've also taken note that Villa is immune to discipline after multiple cautionable offenses.

That being said, we all know Chapman has a hate hard on for us so I can't say im surprised by the poor officiating. We need to not be starting warner and zaveleta. I'd still rate hagg's over him.

Bishop Blaize
06-20-2015, 08:22 PM

Can't we get a real RW?

Did Gerry Dobson just describe Jackson as an "offensive player"?

Change.org petition to kick Allen Chapman from the MLS anyone? Hah.

Oso was great today, along with the obvious Gio. Hope Oso can keep this kind of play up. Perquis and Cheyrou played hard and well too.

Morgan and Zavaleta were a bit nervewracking at times tonight. I don't think they were mentally prepared for the aggressiveness of NYCFC.

Gio was shite today and should be rightly called on it.

notthesun
06-20-2015, 08:23 PM
NYC played for a 0-0 and got some luck for 2 goals, and some luck that we didn't score. It happens.

No time for panic but a good time for some questions to be asked. Namely, what's our counter when other teams bunker in the middle of the pitch? I've posted before about how we were the 2nd lowest crossing team in the league, and we fired in a shit ton of crosses today because they gave us the wings for free: not our strength. Vanney needs to come up with a bit of a different look up top when teams don't try to play against us. We look great when teams try to play us straight up because we exploit the space over and over, but when teams bunker (vs. Houston and especially today) we freeze a bit.

I think we'll bounce back strong against Montreal, but this is something to watch moving forward.

portu
06-20-2015, 08:27 PM
So I can confirm a beer hit the ref, flew right over my head and hit him in the chest and from there it hit the ground. Damien looked like he was going to knock someone out again, I like that he's passionate. Overall poor performance... From the officiating crew

OgtheDim
06-20-2015, 08:28 PM
NYCFC winning with ugly ball.

Ref letting a lot of pulling and pushing go.

We are better then them but have to figure out some better wide attacking options.

On the day, other refs would have evened out the niggly stuff early.

Hagglund on Wednesday please.

Jack
06-20-2015, 08:33 PM
Bright spots today were Oso and (apart from the brain cramp) Zavaleta. Cheyrou continues to be very good, but Warner was pretty invisible. Giovinco was frustrated by a very disciplined double-team almost every time he touched the ball. Luke Moore didn't do much and Altidore was also bogged down. Bradley made some good plays, but was also limited by them clogging the areas he likes to play. That said, the game was ugly from them and almost a wrestling match. When the ref lets that happen, your skilled players will shine less. And of course, a shit penalty and a brain fart cost us, because Villa is deadly.

If teams clog the middle, we need to get better crosses in and make better plays to pull players out of position. You can't aim for Giovinco on a cross, it's dumb. I don't think there was even one ply where Giovinco got space in the middle of the park. They were pushing him wide and deep, where his options were more limited.

Bishop Blaize
06-20-2015, 08:34 PM
Gio best player in MLS. Not yet.

Bishop Blaize
06-20-2015, 08:36 PM
I love the pussy footing re bradley. He was average bordering on shite. Call it how it is

Jack
06-20-2015, 08:43 PM
I love the pussy footing re bradley. He was average bordering on shite. Call it how it is
It seems you are given to fits of negative hyperbole. He wasn't dominant, but he was far from "shite".

AdamAM
06-20-2015, 08:44 PM
Don't know if they showed it on TV but Perquis was about to kill someone after the match. Kept on trying to throw whoever was holding him back off.... couldn't tell who he was going after though? Villa maybe? I've never seen a TFC player that mad hahah I like it

OgtheDim
06-20-2015, 08:46 PM
Nobody on either team was dominant in that game.

It was a different sort of ugly then we have seen over the years. 2 teams with some quality playing just poorly enough to make it look bad.

portu
06-20-2015, 08:54 PM
Don't know if they showed it on TV but Perquis was about to kill someone after the match. Kept on trying to throw whoever was holding him back off.... couldn't tell who he was going after though? Villa maybe? I've never seen a TFC player that mad hahah I like it
Grabavoy I'd say the bruhaha lasted about 4 minutes

JavierMartini
06-20-2015, 08:56 PM
So I can confirm a beer hit the ref, flew right over my head and hit him in the chest and from there it hit the ground. Damien looked like he was going to knock someone out again, I like that he's passionate. Overall poor performance... From the officiating crew

got a vid of it?

AdamAM
06-20-2015, 09:03 PM
Grabavoy I'd say the bruhaha lasted about 4 minutes

It was awesome to watch, were they fighting a lot during the match? I was in the nosebleeds so I didn't get to catch a lot of details going on

portu
06-20-2015, 09:10 PM
got a vid of it?
Lol nobut I've got pics of the splatter it made let me see if I can upload when I get back to Barrie

portu
06-20-2015, 09:12 PM
It was awesome to watch, were they fighting a lot during the match? I was in the nosebleeds so I didn't get to catch a lot of details going on
Damien got a nosebleed at one point during the match. I was talking to my dad and then everyone in section went nuts and I turned around there's Damien going fuckin bolisitic. The whole match there was fighting Greg kicked his chair more than once and was vulgar in his language to say the least

portu
06-20-2015, 09:13 PM
Anyone know how to upload pics from their phone???

OgtheDim
06-20-2015, 09:28 PM
Crowd was good and loud.

Props to NYCFC for bringing some people BUT

Ditch the American flag stuff.

MightyDM
06-20-2015, 09:30 PM
Guys, let's be honest ... when Gio 'hurt himself' he simply ran into the defender. It was not a foul at all and he was trying way to hard to sell it.

So then he stupidly charges into the guy and rightly takes a yellow.

And the penalty WAS a penalty because, as we've seen a million times by now, if you have your arms flung out like a heron in the box and the ball comes anywhere near them, they will call it every single time (the PK miss on Arnaud in the DC game was just a ridiculous miss).

So the ref hasn't done anything to screw us yet ... we're already starting to screw ourselves. We've got to stop worrying about the ref and concentrate on just stringing two passes together.

Ill be honest. The referee was a disaster. By not calling all the fouls on NYC every time Gio touched the ball, he gave them the game. They manhandled him, kicked him, and it was all intentional and directed by the coach.

MightyDM
06-20-2015, 09:34 PM
That wasn't a handball.

In real time at BMO it looked way more like a handball than Cheyrou's. Way more. If you have seen multiple TV replays and it isn't I will defer to you but at the match it looked clear and simple. Plus, on Cheyrou, the referee did not appear to see it and deferred to the linesman who was on the far side. Dubious.

OgtheDim
06-20-2015, 09:35 PM
Ives has a video up of a late game elbow to Perquis' head.

And Mix Diskerud seems to have grabbed Donovan's mantle of annoying Golden Boy who niggles all game long.

MightyDM
06-20-2015, 09:36 PM
This ref is trash, how are we getting yellows with the amount of fouls nycfc is committing. Not one yellow for persistent fouling , it should be at 3-4. This game is going to get out of hand in the second half if this continues on like this. Fuck chapman.

precisely. Number 11 for NYC committed at least seven yellow card fouls. Let alone the thugs let loose on Gio

James17930
06-20-2015, 09:40 PM
Pin real time at BMO it looked way more like a handball than Cheyrou's. Way more.

On the replay you can see that it's about 70% chest 30% shoulder.

MightyDM
06-20-2015, 09:42 PM
Yeah give NYC credit for bogging the game down, we really didn't have an answer for that.

The ref was piss fucking poor and doesn't seem to understand the idea of persistent infringement... but whatever.

what I saw was us dominating but not quite clicking when it came to the final pass, shot, etc., and a remarkably bad refereeing performance that totally tilted the game for our opponents. I'd say unbelievable but it's MLS so expected would be more like it.

oh, and, our set pieces were not up to our usual standard.

portu
06-20-2015, 09:46 PM
what I saw was us dominating but not quite clicking when it came to the final pass, shot, etc., and a remarkably bad refereeing performance that totally tilted the game for our opponents. I'd say unbelievable but it's MLS so expected would be more like it.

Our set pieces were shit as usual unless we were shooting

MightyDM
06-20-2015, 09:46 PM
Nobody on either team was dominant in that game.

It was a different sort of ugly then we have seen over the years. 2 teams with some quality playing just poorly enough to make it look bad.

i didnt see TFC playing poorly. Maybe it was different on TV, but that's not how it looked at the game.

ronzilla
06-20-2015, 09:47 PM
F**n hell. I waited 2 weeks for this game and a phone call at 645 placed me somewhere else for next 3 hours.

OgtheDim
06-20-2015, 09:50 PM
i didnt see TFC playing poorly. Maybe it was different on TV, but that's not how it looked at the game.

I was at the game. Just poorly enough was what I was noticing. Little things that worked the last few games didn't as much.

BTW, this is the elbow on Perquis. https://instagram.com/p/4LKPNKlQN0/

Yeah, I'd be a bit ticked at that.

molenshtain
06-20-2015, 09:51 PM
No one I hate losing to more than a bunch of thuggish cunts who's owners make money off the back of terrorism and medieval age autocracy.

The ref was fucking awful. Larsun tweeted around halftime that the ref got every major decision right, so he didn't see an issue. I sort of saw where he was coming from at that point, but by the end of the game it was a fucking travesty. Vanney came very close to saying after the game that if the Refs aren't going to adhere to the laws of the game, then neither will we. I wish he'd said it outright. Fuck this league and pushing it's faults under the carpet. Put everything out in the open.

On our part, we didn't play great. I think a lot of it had to do with Vanney not putting us in a position to succeed. He was pretty simply out-coached by Kreis today. When it became clear by halftime that they weren't giving us anything down the middle and Morgan and Morrow were bombing down the wings, we should have by the latest gone to a 4-3-3 b y 60 minutes. If we put Giovinco and Findley out wide and taken off Warner and Moore at 60 minutes or earlier we could have done a lot more by overloading the fullbacks who had no protection and aren't very good to begin with. But Vanney waited too long, basically played Findley and Jackson at the same position, and The Opposing Team Who Shall Not Be Mentioned went to a flat 4-4-2 and kicked the shit out of us for 30 minutes.

He's still on a learning curve. Nothing I would worry about right now.

James17930
06-20-2015, 09:51 PM
I was at the game. Just poorly enough was what I was noticing. Little things that worked the last few games didn't as much.

I hope the league reviews that.

Oldtimer
06-20-2015, 10:00 PM
My observations:

1. I was right on predicting that the ref would wreck the game. No joy in being right on that, of course.
2. Even when the rest of the team is not at their best, Giovinco is something special.
3. This was Moore's worst game this season.
4. Both teams are playing the same style, imitation classic RSL. NY does it better, probably due to having the classic RSL coach.
5. Although TFC created more chances, they weren't finished chances. NY finished the few they had.
6. TFC played wide, probably to avoid NY's midfield. This strategy did not work and is on Vanney.
7. Joe's is getting really crowded. We are victims of our own success! I'm sure Joe is really happy!

MightyDM
06-20-2015, 10:04 PM
No one I hate losing to more than a bunch of thuggish cunts who's owners make money off the back of terrorism and medieval age autocracy.

The ref was fucking awful. Larsun tweeted around halftime that the ref got every major decision right, so he didn't see an issue. I sort of saw where he was coming from at that point, but by the end of the game it was a fucking travesty. Vanney came very close to saying after the game that if the Refs aren't going to adhere to the laws of the game, then neither will we. I wish he'd said it outright. Fuck this league and pushing it's faults under the carpet. Put everything out in the open.

On our part, we didn't play great. I think a lot of it had to do with Vanney not putting us in a position to succeed. He was pretty simply out-coached by Kreis today. When it became clear by halftime that they weren't giving us anything down the middle and Morgan and Morrow were bombing down the wings, we should have by the latest gone to a 4-3-3 b y 60 minutes. If we put Giovinco and Findley out wide and taken off Warner and Moore at 60 minutes or earlier we could have done a lot more by overloading the fullbacks who had no protection and aren't very good to begin with. But Vanney waited too long, basically played Findley and Jackson at the same position, and The Opposing Team Who Shall Not Be Mentioned went to a flat 4-4-2 and kicked the shit out of us for 30 minutes.

He's still on a learning curve. Nothing I would worry about right now.

Thats pretty fair. We weren't at our best, and maybe Vanney should have made earlier adjustments. But at the game we seemed to dominate, they were no real threat. The refereeing evened the match, no doubt.

portu
06-20-2015, 10:10 PM
The fourth official needs to be commended this game he did well to let the ref now about. Things he was missing off the ball, he tried at least

OgtheDim
06-20-2015, 10:24 PM
The fourth official needs to be commended this game he did well to let the ref now about. Things he was missing off the ball, he tried at least

That was Kelly. He's the guy from Ireland who was brought over to mentor young refs and work on their professionalism, did a few games during the ref strike last season and now does games here.

I know its bad, but when I saw the offical's lineup today. I thought "Wouldn't it be nice if the ref got injured."

Kelly is probably the best ref in the league.

MightyDM
06-20-2015, 10:26 PM
I just did the ratings and unfortunately they were erased. But if you look at it objectively, Osorio, Morgan, Cheyrou had good games, Bradley, Morrow, Gio slightly better than OK but everyone one else average.

RedsYNWA
06-20-2015, 10:37 PM
2nd time this team hits over 30K eyeballs in the stands & they shit the bed

OgtheDim
06-20-2015, 10:41 PM
A few crowd notes:

That crowd looked the biggest of the season - I note that the announced attendance did not match the tweeted one. Not a full place, but this bodes well for the summer (if we can keep winning).

That national anthem - does it too me every time. Although the key is really high....

I heard a TFC chant starting in 105 that went around to the West side. Never heard that before.

Altidore received a cheer when he went out to warm up in the second half - that was DeRoesque.

South side brought it. Although a bit unconnected at times, never ever stopped singing. Cheers people.

Wednesday is going to be so different.

That was the first time I've ever seen sections in the West End without Game Day staff at the top of the stairs coming up there to assist. The Beer people were very helpful in 221 but I saw a couple of other places where, inexplicably, there were no staff to tell people where their seats were.

Lennon
06-20-2015, 10:50 PM
I'm surprised how many are saying that we were loud today. I was in 114 and the capos had a really hard time getting anything going .. but w/e that always happens when lots of tourists fill those sections.

SoccMan2
06-20-2015, 11:32 PM
The jinx was on for this game as soon as people started coming on here and posting that it would be an easy win for TFC, I don't know where people get the confidence to come on here and suggest that any game is a sure win for TFC and not only a sure win but an easy win at that. Won't we ever learn that this is TFC and this is the MLS there are no easy games or sure wins. I don't care that the team was fully rested and coming off 3 wins against a supposedly tired team and a last place team, all that goes out the window when the whistle blows. People always assume that because we are playing at home that we automatically have this big advantage, does this club over the years have this overwhelming winning record at home that make people think this. If you look at our home record over the years I would be surprised if we have a winning record at home, and even if we do I'm sure it's not that much over 500. I have noticed with this club since it's inception that anytime the stage is set perfectly for them to win they usually falter and that's what happened today, fully rested, big crowd, perfect weather , on a winning streak playing against a last place team who had just come off a loss to a rival lower level team, everything was set for something positive but instead we got what has been happening with this club over the years whenever this type of game is presented to them we usually falter, it's just so frustrating it really is.

Richard
06-20-2015, 11:53 PM

That should be a suspension, no different than a headshot in hockey.

Red4ever
06-20-2015, 11:54 PM

Never like to see officials getting hit with anything. That being said, I have never watched a game live where the official has been this poor.

Outside of that, it was Portugal Netherlands in the 2006 world cup. Chapman should be assessed, reprimanded, and passed over for his next outing.

He couldn't even spell my name correctly on a Venti Latte at Starbucks. A pure waste of vital organs and plasma.

portu
06-21-2015, 12:14 AM
Never like to see officials getting hit with anything. That being said, I have never watched a game live where the official has been this poor.

Outside of that, it was Portugal Netherlands in the 2006 world cup. Chapman should be assessed, reprimanded, and passed over for his next outing.

He couldn't even spell my name correctly on a Venti Latte at Starbucks. A pure waste of vital organs and plasma.
LOL that last part is just PRIME hahahaa

Gilberto9
06-21-2015, 12:53 AM
Saw Leiweke after the game walking towards Liberty Village. He was talking with another man, questioning Vanney's decisions on tonight's lineup.

portu
06-21-2015, 01:27 AM
Saw Leiweke after the game walking towards Liberty Village. He was talking with another man, questioning Vanney's decisions on tonight's lineup.
Oh damn any specifics? Imagine altidore would be mentioned maybe Bendik as well?

ag futbol
06-21-2015, 01:34 AM

Outside of that flurry in the first half I think we lacked a few things. I thought we needed to pin them in more and we did a bad job of re-establishing our attack once they cleared their lines. Too much robotic crossing into the box as well... that clearly wasn't working.

Set pieces, I agree it was an off day. But I rarely see this team provide much of an aerial threat in the box from balls played from wide areas.

ag futbol
06-21-2015, 01:41 AM
3. This was Moore's worst game this season.

I thought Moore was okay (I say this as someone who isn't a huge fan). He mixed it up at least.

Didn't really provide much danger up there (outside of the one time he was played in - think it was by Bradley), but that's kinda par for the course with him. It was a backup striker's performance more or less.

portu
06-21-2015, 01:49 AM
Outside of that flurry in the first half I think we lacked a few things. I thought we needed to pin them in more and we did a bad job of re-establishing our attack once they cleared their lines. Too much robotic crossing into the box as well... that clearly wasn't working.

Set pieces, I agree it was an off day. But I rarely see this team provide much of an aerial threat in the box from balls played from wide areas.
Whenever we get frustrated we throw things into the box when really we have no business doing that it's been like this since Nelsen. Our strikers have got to have like an average height of 5'10 do we really think we are going to win any headers?!!?

Brooker
06-21-2015, 06:02 AM
Well that's a shame.

The loss doesn't sting because I thought we played decent. Just a few blunders and couldn't put our chances away.

Onwards and upwards.

Leedsoronto
06-21-2015, 07:45 AM
Best team lost is what I saw

SenorDingDong
06-21-2015, 08:12 AM
Nycfc strategy from the start seemed to be to goon it up. Especially all the hacks on Giovinco. At the game I've never seen Seba so mad. He was getting abused and they did nothing about it.

TorontoFC6fan
06-21-2015, 08:13 AM
on the bright side we still have a star player in Bradly ? lets go can watch his highlight from the U.S team, drool and wish for the same production here. oh wait he can only produce while playing alongside top players on the US national team.. what i see from bradley every game when the team is breaking and the forwards are running up the feild. instead of making the long pass he stops, turn around in circle, does it again then goes back to the defenders while the other team gets numbers back.. keep and eye on him when ever he gets the ball on a break and you'll see him doing this for no damn reason.

James17930
06-21-2015, 08:35 AM

Yeah - like why the hell Warner was in there.

Still Kicking
06-21-2015, 08:51 AM
TFC lacks something. A hard tackling s.o.b. The son (grandson?) of Vinnie Jones. Somebody who when he warms up and gets ready to come into the game, the opposing coach gets up and signals to take a David Villa off the pitch for his own protection. We are too nice for our own good. We are too stylish for our own good. We are too small for our own good. I used to mentally debate whether our summer signing should be a central defender or a true winger. After last night I want mean muscle and size off the bench.
Seba and Osorio and Warner and Jackson (and Morgan and Morrow) could get together on their off days and run an animal shelter. Or a daycare. Or a food bank. Or package together donations for earthquake victims. They seem like wonderful citizens. I would want them as neighbours. You would want them as neighbours. Trade or sign a BAD NEIGHBOUR......thank you very much..

Red4ever
06-21-2015, 09:31 AM
4th DP Joey Barton

Red CB Toronto
06-21-2015, 09:47 AM
4th DP Joey Barton

Love Joey, if you want a guy to get physical he is your guy would be my choice heading into a street fight every time !

Ultra & Proud
06-21-2015, 09:49 AM
TFC lacks something. A hard tackling s.o.b. The son (grandson?) of Vinnie Jones. Somebody who when he warms up and gets ready to come into the game, the opposing coach gets up and signals to take a David Villa off the pitch for his own protection. We are too nice for our own good. We are too stylish for our own good. We are too small for our own good. I used to mentally debate whether our summer signing should be a central defender or a true winger. After last night I want mean muscle and size off the bench.
Seba and Osorio and Warner and Jackson (and Morgan and Morrow) could get together on their off days and run an animal shelter. Or a daycare. Or a food bank. Or package together donations for earthquake victims. They seem like wonderful citizens. I would want them as neighbours. You would want them as neighbours. Trade or sign a BAD NEIGHBOUR......thank you very much..
I agree with this. Depending on opponent, I think they should bump Cheyrou up to Warner's spot and sign a solid and mean as fuck DM. Not a total clunker goon like was our specialty during the Preki era but someone that the opposition would have to account for when making those free runs.

Auzzy
06-21-2015, 10:16 AM
I actually think that Cheyrou and Perquis can dish out pretty well, also somewhat Bradley and Altidore although it makes more sense for them to be careful.

Not sure though if an "enforcer" would have helped that much last night, when the ref is so awful and biased.

Think about this:

- Despite the constant professional fouls and persistent infringement, the first yellow was shown to Seba; then to NY's Wingert for the off-the-ball foul (which was actually missed by the linesman who was close by, and should have been an immediate yellow and free kick); then a weak yellow to Morgan just before half time.

- Actually not a single yellow was given to NY all game for professional fouls, or persistent infringement, that's nuts.

- TFC was actually whistled for 18 fouls overall, NY for 16 -- that's completely nuts.

Point is, Chapman is so anti-Toronto, he would have happily red-carded a Toronto "enforcer" within 20 minutes; perhaps after a yellow within the first 10 minutes.

ag futbol
06-21-2015, 10:33 AM
^yeah i agree. I don't think more physicality was the answer yesterday. It wasn't like our guys were backing down.

For the people ripping Bradley: no way osorio has as good of a game yesterday without him on the field. He combined on a lot of stuff and kept the wheels turning. Opened up a ton of room for other guys. He played a good game.

I just think tactically we settled for the wrong things. Crosses were predictable, mostly inaccurate, and ineffective.

TorontoFC6fan
06-21-2015, 11:11 AM
^yeah i agree. I don't think more physicality was the answer yesterday. It wasn't like our guys were backing down.

For the people ripping Bradley: no way osorio has as good of a game yesterday without him on the field. He combined on a lot of stuff and kept the wheels turning. Opened up a ton of room for other guys. He played a good game.

I just think tactically we settled for the wrong things. Crosses were predictable, mostly inaccurate, and ineffective. sorry but osorio was really good in the game before this one while bradley was with the U.S team. so saying he only produced because of bradley is incorrect. if you go back and check the thread for the last game you'll see that people pointed out how good osorio was. personally i think bradley style doesn't fit this team. the team needs a more active 2 way midfield player.

ag futbol
06-21-2015, 11:16 AM
sorry but osorio was really good in the game before this one while bradley was with the U.S team. so saying he only produced because of bradley is incorrect. if you go back and check the thread for the last game you'll see that people pointed out how good osorio was. personally i think bradley style doesn't fit this team. the team needs a more active 2 way midfield player.
I'm not saying he "only" produced because of Bradley but you have to acknowledge that's a factor in what he's able to do.

Still played an unbelievable game.

portu
06-21-2015, 11:20 AM
4th DP Joey Barton
Too bad he's a Portland Timbers fan

portu
06-21-2015, 11:22 AM
sorry but osorio was really good in the game before this one while bradley was with the U.S team. so saying he only produced because of bradley is incorrect. if you go back and check the thread for the last game you'll see that people pointed out how good osorio was. personally i think bradley style doesn't fit this team. the team needs a more active 2 way midfield player.
Bradley dragged a lot of their players out of position to follow him therefore opening up space for oso in the middle of the park... It's not a hard concept to grasp

OgtheDim
06-21-2015, 11:26 AM
TFC lacks something. A hard tackling s.o.b. .

U havn't been watching Cheyrou and Perquis then.

Fort York Redcoat
06-21-2015, 01:39 PM
on the bright side we still have a star player in Bradly ? lets go can watch his highlight from the U.S team, drool and wish for the same production here. oh wait he can only produce while playing alongside top players on the US national team.. what i see from bradley every game when the team is breaking and the forwards are running up the feild. instead of making the long pass he stops, turn around in circle, does it again then goes back to the defenders while the other team gets numbers back.. keep and eye on him when ever he gets the ball on a break and you'll see him doing this for no damn reason.

Again with the hyperbole.

As if no one has noticed Bradley's tendency to want to pass instead of shoot. It's the reason we all were so happy with his recent goal. That game he was playing with a forward intensity that he obviously is saving for times of a lack of distribution options.

I don't want to see him barreling like a Seba or a Moore all the time but every other game is enough to keep defenders guessing.

By the same token I don't want him always lobbing the ball forward OR trapping it like he does more often than not.

I've happily noticed Oso has lost his tendency to automatically do the Bradley "stop and circle". That was becoming predictable.

But I fully share your disdain for the effort seen at the national level.

I still believe he improves this team greatly but still less than a DP should.

Fort York Redcoat
06-21-2015, 01:47 PM
The jinx was on for this game as soon as people started coming on here and posting that it would be an easy win for TFC, I don't know where people get the confidence to come on here and suggest that any game is a sure win for TFC and not only a sure win but an easy win at that. Won't we ever learn that this is TFC and this is the MLS there are no easy games or sure wins. I don't care that the team was fully rested and coming off 3 wins against a supposedly tired team and a last place team, all that goes out the window when the whistle blows. People always assume that because we are playing at home that we automatically have this big advantage, does this club over the years have this overwhelming winning record at home that make people think this. If you look at our home record over the years I would be surprised if we have a winning record at home, and even if we do I'm sure it's not that much over 500. I have noticed with this club since it's inception that anytime the stage is set perfectly for them to win they usually falter and that's what happened today, fully rested, big crowd, perfect weather , on a winning streak playing against a last place team who had just come off a loss to a rival lower level team, everything was set for something positive but instead we got what has been happening with this club over the years whenever this type of game is presented to them we usually falter, it's just so frustrating it really is.

this has always happened.
this will always happen.
why does no one know this?

http://seminars.torontoghosts.org/blog/media/blogs/new/fortuneteller.jpg

We must predict the worst

Then we'd be guaranteed success! Forever! Just don't say it aloud!

bigredone
06-21-2015, 01:47 PM
TFC lacks something. A hard tackling s.o.b. .

Sigh

habstfc
06-21-2015, 01:55 PM
I had a bad feeling coming in to this game, had a feeling the two week layoff would be a factor. NYCFC are horrible team. Did Konopka even have to make a save? The scoreline would have you believe we were handled quite easily. I know Villa scored two goals ( questionable pk and a defensive gift ) but was really a non factor. TFC will beat Impact on wednesday.

Initial B
06-21-2015, 03:17 PM
I'm still mad about the result. In my mind, there was no reason we should have lost this game. We were playing an expansion team who just went through a 120-min game 3 days ago. That ref should never be allowed to officiate a TFC game ever again.

__wowza
06-21-2015, 04:07 PM
We must predict the worst

Then we'd be guaranteed success! Forever! Just don't say it aloud!

i predicted that we'd have a hard time in DC, and look where that got us!

Heart of Stone
06-21-2015, 07:34 PM
Approx. how many TFC supporters are headed to the game at Yankee Stadium on July 12?

Pirlo and Lampard may be with NYFC by then.

glaze
06-21-2015, 07:37 PM
On a positive note it seemed the teams really didn't like each other. This could be the start of a rivalry.

molenshtain
06-21-2015, 07:40 PM
Approx. how many TFC supporters are headed to the game at Yankee Stadium on July 12?

Pirlo and Lampard may be with NYFC by then.

hopefully none.

Bishop Blaize
06-21-2015, 09:33 PM
It's called tactics. That's why we lost

jazzy
06-21-2015, 10:56 PM

Every time Villa goes for a descending ball he runs full speed into his man , physically knocking him , then Geordie Howes the guy with his elbow . The ref let it all go . But in reality the ref didn't give a shit about the game he was late seeing everything and never followed through on dangerous episodes . He either is not brain fast enough for upper leagues or arrogant enough to think he's better than the game . Simply disgusting ruination of a game . Win or lose ! If they want quality players they had better start protecting them . Or MLS will get like past hockey with doormats simply clutching and grabbing to keep a job . Two of our yellows were straight dives and we get the card . Their coach Kreiss? Should be at least centred out . How I wish sometimes for a heartfelt scolding from someone on the team about that . Or are we simply just supposed to be doormats for the U.S. Teams ? Yes Perquis has his faults but if I get a a cheap shop I'll remember it and return the favour . It's pro sports not Sunday night church league ,which is how Ifelt leaving that simply unentertaining joke match .

jazzy
06-21-2015, 11:13 PM

Hilarious ,sad but true , this game was us getting 'B' slapped all game . It's what ruined hockey and if MLS lets this slowing down of the game on every play it'll ruin the league . I was not proud of the fact that I wished someone would go after their main man as they did ours , and then dive all game . Ridiculous , yes but watch other teams now play us the same way , unless their is quality refs .

Auzzy
06-22-2015, 12:17 AM
It's called tactics. That's why we lost

It's called tactics plus a crappy biased ref. Some refs would have whistled more fouls, and handed a couple of yellows to NY within the first 15 minutes (maybe one to TFC as well). That would have quickly changed the character of the game. NY would have had to change their tactics for fear of losing a couple of players to red cards, or coughing up free kicks in dangerous spots. We might have seen some halfway decent footy as a result.

I didn't read through the whole game thread, but one thing that might have changed the game positively is if Altidore had started. Not sure why he didn't, I guess they're easing him back from injury. He would have drawn some attention away Seba, Altidore does not get pushed around, and he could also have opened up more space for Osorio or Bradley perhaps to threaten their goal. Hopefully the next time we play that shite team.

EDIT Crap I just realized that lots of our players will be missing for that game. It's going to be bad. Maybe sign Miguel Aceval & Martin Saric for a day. :D

David_Oliveira
06-22-2015, 08:13 AM
It's called tactics plus a crappy biased ref. Some refs would have whistled more fouls, and handed a couple of yellows to NY within the first 15 minutes (maybe one to TFC as well). That would have quickly changed the character of the game. NY would have had to change their tactics for fear of losing a couple of players to red cards, or coughing up free kicks in dangerous spots. We might have seen some halfway decent footy as a result.

I didn't read through the whole game thread, but one thing that might have changed the game positively is if Altidore had started. Not sure why he didn't, I guess they're easing him back from injury. He would have drawn some attention away Seba, Altidore does not get pushed around, and he could also have opened up more space for Osorio or Bradley perhaps to threaten their goal. Hopefully the next time we play that shite team.

EDIT Crap I just realized that lots of our players will be missing for that game. It's going to be bad. Maybe sign Miguel Aceval & Martin Saric for a day. :D

I think you hit the nail on the head. I think they are trying to ease him in. The season is long and with all the travel involved, it was the smartest thing to do.

ManUtd4ever
06-22-2015, 08:56 AM
We were rusty after the bye week, but we definitely deserved better based on the quality chances generated for both sides throughout the match. The penalty was bogus and Saunders stood on his head.

Detroit_TFC
06-22-2015, 09:35 AM
Fully expect Perquis and Andrew Jacobson to pick up suspensions from the Disciplinary Committee. Having difficulty impressing on NYCFC supporters on twitter that a (modest) nut shot by Perquis doesn't justify a retaliation forearm smack the back of the neck by Jacobson.

https://instagram.com/p/4LKPNKlQN0/

barticusz
06-22-2015, 10:35 AM
* TFC outplayed NYCFC
* Lost due to penalty
* Gave up an idiotic goal, but the good news is we haven't seen a bonehead play like that since Dallas??
* On to the next one, lets respond well against the suddenly hot L'Impact

My guess is this is the last game for our Gold Cup players.

Perquis. Guy needs to cool it, but I love his raw passion. Have we ever had a player of his ilk?

Joe Kool
06-22-2015, 11:16 AM
As soon as the TFC website changed the background to "Opposing Forces Don't Stand a Chance" prior to this game I thought oh shit....we go on a little winning streak and TFC FO think we are unbeatable. I know the slogan had to do with the little cartoon they made about Seba but they should have left it there. After Saturday, even though we lost due to valid points posted by others in the this thread already, I think they need to get rid of it or change it to "Opposing Forces Stand a Chance" because that it just what happened on Saturday. Just my two cents. Had a bad feeling from the moment I saw that. Wish they would take it down.

djcuse
06-22-2015, 11:30 AM
* TFC outplayed NYCFC
* Lost due to penalty
* Gave up an idiotic goal, but the good news is we haven't seen a bonehead play like that since Dallas??
* On to the next one, lets respond well against the suddenly hot L'Impact

My guess is this is the last game for our Gold Cup players.

No chance! Last game will be Saturday for the Gold Cup players.

Red CB Toronto
06-22-2015, 12:29 PM
No chance! Last game will be Saturday for the Gold Cup players.

The US player start reporting to the USMNT on Monday, so Jozy and Michael will be good to go on Saturday.