PDA

View Full Version : in case you missed what michael bradley did to the dutch today..

__wowza
06-07-2015, 04:48 AM
http://gfycat.com/OddballDirtyGazelle

now, does anyone have the number for a decent burn unit?

jiforio
06-07-2015, 08:45 AM
Wow! Incredible run! Thanks for sharing!

OfficeGuy
06-08-2015, 11:38 AM
wow....great run ... just wow

james
06-08-2015, 11:57 AM
WOW!!! great play. Against Netherlands!!!

ManUtd4ever
06-08-2015, 12:23 PM
World class.

Redpunkfiddle
06-08-2015, 08:38 PM
Who is this Michael Bradley fellow? Any relation to The General?

C.Ronaldo
06-09-2015, 09:01 AM
he really wills his way through. it never looks pretty when he makes those runs, but somehow gets through on strength and determination.

T-boy
06-09-2015, 03:25 PM
We should sign this guy!!!!

Jack
06-09-2015, 03:37 PM
We should sign this guy!!!!
He would tear this league apart!

SenorDingDong
06-10-2015, 11:48 AM
I like his bulldozer style!

Its no where near as Elegant as Messi but it works.

Red CB Toronto
06-10-2015, 12:05 PM
As the The General leads Tthe Stars and Stripes into battle for the #USMNT against these dams Germans, looks whose joining the charge.

https://scontent-lga1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfa1/v/t1.0-9/10559721_1018008938217960_6017654113005447514_n.jp g?oh=f3b70eb4cb3e7df5cdb56bb48a0c4fb7&oe=55F99435

mowe
06-10-2015, 01:49 PM
Germany - USA on now: http://cricfree.sx/watch/live/germany-vs-usa-live-streaming

notthesun
06-10-2015, 02:30 PM
Bradley does it again. Great long pass to Diskerud who finishes in the box. The General is back.

mistercorporate
06-10-2015, 02:32 PM
Germany - USA on now: http://cricfree.sx/watch/live/germany-vs-usa-live-streaming

Thanks for that! Just checked it out in time to see Bradley give an excellent high flying assist to tie up the game! Looks like he's found his inner Giovinco (attacking/assisting midfielder) the main difference is Giovinco gives a lot of crosses while Bradley provides the long-range or low to the ground assists.

barticusz
06-10-2015, 02:39 PM
http://gfycat.com/PartialPoshKillifish

Bradley. You know, our captain, the guy a lot of people were prematurely calling out.

OgtheDim
06-10-2015, 02:39 PM
In general, I only support the USMNT when playing against a team I despise, like most of CONCACAF.

Bradley is making that more difficult to maintain.

barticusz
06-10-2015, 02:43 PM
In general, I only support the USMNT when playing against a team I despise, like most of CONCACAF.

I used to be similar to you. But after watching a few of their games and specifically Bradley I couldn't help but root for them in the previous world cups. Now with Bradley as our captain (never would I have guessed this 9 years ago)... I can't help but cheer them on except when they play CMNT.

Throw in Jozy and it's a lost cause. I'm basically an bandwagon American Outlaw.

shwade
06-10-2015, 02:47 PM
http://gfycat.com/PartialPoshKillifish

Bradley. You know, our captain, the guy a lot of people were prematurely calling out.

He's always performed well for the US...that's why people (including myself) were frustrated with his play for the better part of last year and the beginning of this year.
Nice to see him bringing that over for Toronto now with his role at the top of the diamond.

OgtheDim
06-10-2015, 02:50 PM
I draw the line at the USWNT.

Jack
06-10-2015, 02:56 PM
This is why we paid big money. And it's nice to see him have the same sort of form here and there for the past several games.

kwhisperer
06-10-2015, 02:59 PM

I always hope for the outcome that puts Bradley back on the pitch for TFC soonest.

Red CB Toronto
06-10-2015, 03:02 PM
Anyone looking to jump on this Bradley/USMNT freight train, checkout:

www.ussoccer.com
www.theamericanoutlaws.com

Its one hell of a good time !!'

Red CB Toronto
06-10-2015, 03:10 PM
U.S. Soccer ‏@ussoccer (https://twitter.com/ussoccer) 3m3 minutes ago (https://twitter.com/ussoccer/status/608725133436407808) First corner of the game for #USMNT (https://twitter.com/hashtag/USMNT?src=hash). Bradley serves great ball to middle of box, but no one can get it to the back of net. #USAvGER (https://twitter.com/hashtag/USAvGER?src=hash) 1-1, 57'

ryan
06-10-2015, 03:15 PM
*pukes in general direction of this thread*

C.Ronaldo
06-10-2015, 03:17 PM
heeeeehaaaa!............... nope, I cant do it, i just cant.

I can appreciate watching them, but I cant cheer them on .

I love how he just stood and admired his high cross like he just hit a home run and knew it was leaving the park

OgtheDim
*pukes in general direction of this thread*

Just note that there are Americans who support TFC.

We are apparently #1 on reddit in Idaho. :thumbsup:

mowe
I always hope for the outcome that puts Bradley back on the pitch for TFC soonest.

Same. I root for Bradley and Altidore as individuals and hope they do well, but in tournament play I want the US to get eliminated as soon as possible.

C.Ronaldo
06-10-2015, 03:19 PM
just note that there are americans who support tfc.

We are apparently #1 on reddit in idaho. :thumbsup:

go boise blue!

GTA_WOLF
06-10-2015, 03:59 PM
2 bloody exhibtion games and Bradley plays the full 180 minutes....probably the only player to do so (Guzan may have, be GKs don't count in my book). That being said, I would have thought TFC would have had a conversation with Jk and agreed to a set amount of minutes while he is still in an important stage of league play. Does my nut in this does!!!!

OgtheDim
06-10-2015, 04:21 PM
He's got 10 days until his next game. Nobody stops him from playing. And he actually gets better the more he plays.

molenshtain
06-10-2015, 04:24 PM
He's looked fucking amazing the last two games. Wouldn't be out of place amongst Some of Europe's best teams.

Richard
06-10-2015, 04:27 PM
He's got 10 days until his next game. Nobody stops him from playing. And he actually gets better the more he plays.

He may get better but he isn't a robot, don't get me wrong, I'm glad for him that he is playing at a high level but the wear and tear does eventually catch up.

OgtheDim
06-10-2015, 05:56 PM
Paul Kennedy ‏@pkedit (https://twitter.com/pkedit) 4m4 minutes ago (https://twitter.com/pkedit/status/608768115216904192) So many standouts in two #USMNT (https://twitter.com/hashtag/USMNT?src=hash) matches. But one thing stands out. This is Michael Bradley's team, and he's carrying it on his shoulders.

Sounds familiar.

Detroit_TFC
06-10-2015, 07:07 PM
He may get better but he isn't a robot, don't get me wrong, I'm glad for him that he is playing at a high level but the wear and tear does eventually catch up.

Quite concerned about this. People need to prepare themselves for this, especially around end of August or so.

But what can you say about a player in the form of his career? It's just extraordinary to watch...

TFC/Everton
06-10-2015, 07:12 PM
Paul Kennedy ‏@pkedit (https://twitter.com/pkedit) 4m4 minutes ago (https://twitter.com/pkedit/status/608768115216904192) So many standouts in two #USMNT (https://twitter.com/hashtag/USMNT?src=hash) matches. But one thing stands out. This is Michael Bradley's team, and he's carrying it on his shoulders.

Sounds familiar.

I agree with this statement. He now plays the same role for TFC as he does for the USMNT - in that attacking creative midfield role that isn't a traditional #10.

Sort if like a General. :)

Lucky for TFC, it would seem Giovinco and Bradley are entering their prime at the same time. If we don't win trophies with this team, we never will.

Also, I am hoping someone can get this reference without using google: Things overheard at BMO Field: "Look men, there is General Bradley standing like a stonewall."

Mr. Bigby
06-10-2015, 07:31 PM
I agree with this statement. He now plays the same role for TFC as he does for the USMNT - in that attacking creative midfield role that isn't a traditional #10.

Sort if like a General. :)

Lucky for TFC, it would seem Giovinco and Bradley are entering their prime at the same time. If we don't win trophies with this team, we never will.

Also, I am hoping someone can get this reference without using google: Things overheard at BMO Field: "Look men, there is General Bradley standing like a stonewall."

All in all, it might be better to not reference a civil war general who fought on the side that lost, when there's a better Second World War example who did a great job on the winning side! General (Omar) Bradley led an American army through Europe and defeated the best that the Germans could put against him.:o

TFC/Everton
06-10-2015, 07:42 PM
All in all, it might be better to not reference a civil war general who fought on the side that lost, when there's a better Second World War example who did a great job on the winning side! General (Omar) Bradley led an American army through Europe and defeated the best that the Germans could put against him.:o

Well done! But I will note that General Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson didn't really lose many battles. He died before the south lost.

And General Stonewall Bradley is a much cooler name than Omar!

OgtheDim
06-10-2015, 07:43 PM
Especially as Stonewall was called that at first cause he refused to send his men down a hill to relieve soldier's in a fight.

US has issues in defence, and will run into teams at the Gold Cup who will be a lot more tight and organized. I still think the Gold Cup semi's will be US vs. Costa Rica and Mexico vs. Canada, with us playing the Yanks for 3rd place.

ryan
06-10-2015, 07:46 PM
Just note that there are Americans who support TFC.

We are apparently #1 on reddit in Idaho. :thumbsup:

Definitely noted, doesn't mean I have to like it. :D

TFC/Everton
06-10-2015, 07:47 PM
Especially as Stonewall was called that at first cause he refused to send his men down a hill to relieve soldier's in a fight.

US has issues in defence, and will run into teams at the Gold Cup who will be a lot more tight and organized. I still think the Gold Cup semi's will be US vs. Costa Rica and Mexico vs. Canada, with us playing the Yanks for 3rd place.

Bold prediction. Would love to see Canada get to the semi finals.

OgtheDim
06-10-2015, 07:58 PM
I think 2nd in our group is possible and that sets up a game against Guatemala or Trinidad in the quarters. Doable.......

koolvid12
06-10-2015, 08:01 PM

They did have an experimental back line with key players missing but with results against these 2 euro teams, no one in the concacaf will challenge them except CR and MEX. Germany's defense is easily better than Mex and CR unless they bunker which basically sacrifices all offense. All on all they're experimental backline faced quality they won't face in the CONCACAF.

jabbronies
06-10-2015, 08:07 PM
He's always performed well for the US...that's why people (including myself) were frustrated with his play for the better part of last year and the beginning of this year.
Nice to see him bringing that over for Toronto now with his role at the top of the diamond.

Ya he deserved to be called out when he was.

The last few weeks though - that's the Bradley we've been expecting. Glad to see him showing up at club and International level.

molenshtain
06-10-2015, 08:15 PM

The last few weeks though - that's the Bradley we've been expecting. Glad to see him showing up at club and International level.

I don't think he did. He was playing out of position in a team operating without tactics, and was playing on basically one foot. Bradley plays really well one guys are running intelligently around him, usually in a counter-attack, and he can spray balls all over the field and then end up in the box to finish the attack. He's not good when his teammates are static and he has to play hero ball. We put Bradley in about as terrible a position as possible to succeed.

OgtheDim
06-11-2015, 05:35 AM
The whole passing sequence that led to Bradley's assisted goal. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofZ0Ueocl7I)

TFC can soooo do that.

Red CB Toronto
06-11-2015, 07:03 AM

He was being called out with nerve damage in his foot last season, which none of us knew about. So I will give him a pass on that.

jabbronies
06-11-2015, 07:55 AM
He was being called out with nerve damage in his foot last season, which none of us knew about. So I will give him a pass on that.

After hearing about his injury, I gave him a pass - however, at the time when he was playing like crap - out of position or not - I stand by him getting ragged on.

Bradley isn't a soft player - He can't take the criticism like a pro and accept that he wasn't playing up to what he should've. He chose to play on with an injury, but came up short. He represents the team - the team was playing like crap - so he gets the brunt of the shit thrown at the team. That's why he's a captain.

Don't get me wrong - I support this guy and love that someone as tough as nails and skilled is our captain. He's the kind of player every Toronto team needs to have wearing the Armband/"C". He can take the shit and use it as fuel to do better. He'll go down in TFC history as the best captain we've had. I'd love it if he reached Doug Gilmour/Pinball/Joe Carter status in this city.

Now - with the way he's playing - He deserves all the praise we can give him.
But when he was playing well below his value... I still think at the time he deserved the criticism.

Gazza_55
06-11-2015, 12:51 PM
But is he better than Laba? :facepalm:

barticusz
06-11-2015, 01:05 PM
:rofl::smilielol5:

Jack
06-11-2015, 01:05 PM
:poke:

shwade
06-11-2015, 03:20 PM

As a direct comparison when they're both playing defensive mid roles? I dunno..

jloome
06-11-2015, 03:29 PM

LOL.

Still, apples and oranges in reality. Laba is a one-dimensional player but a bloody good one. If we had Laba AND Bradley AND Cheyrou (moving cheyrou to the middle and the two-way role) we'd destroy every team in the league.

Bradley's obviously a better all-around player.

jabbronies
06-11-2015, 03:31 PM
LOL.

Still, apples and oranges in reality. Laba is a one-dimensional player but a bloody good one. If we had Laba AND Bradley AND Cheyrou (moving cheyrou to the middle and the two-way role) we'd destroy every team in the league.

Bradley's obviously a better all-around player.

Laba would be great to have - but ya - Bradley is better all around.

Inklink
06-11-2015, 06:13 PM
Since the Canadian men's program is currently dog poop, I can live with somewhat rooting for the US given Bradley/Altidore.

Macksam
06-11-2015, 06:25 PM
*yawn*

That goal was a result of the careless, lazy Dutch midfield. If he was playing against more formidable opponents like France's mid, he would've gotten stomped. I could easily see both Pogba and Matuidi bending him over and turning it into an episode of Oz.

OgtheDim
06-13-2015, 04:24 PM
The full video recap

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zy73fZoM09E

TorontoFC6fan
06-14-2015, 01:50 PM
People are going to hate on me for saying this but i don't care. To get the best out of Bradley you have to surround him with top players which is why he always looks amazing when he plays for the U.S team.. when he players for TFC games like this comes once or twice a month. A player like seba don't really need to be surrounded by top players to produce but Bradley does. The guy looks like a top 5 MLS player when plays for the US team but looks like a different player for TFC. He has stand out games for TFC but it's not consistent. every time i see him play for the US he's consistent. this leads be to believe he's 1 of those players that need to be surrounded by a bunch of top players to produce at a high level consistently.

General Woolfe
06-14-2015, 01:58 PM
People are going to hate on me for saying this but i don't care. To get the best out of Bradley you have to surround him with top players which is why he always looks amazing when he plays for the U.S team.. when he players for TFC games like this comes once or twice a month. A player like seba don't really need to be surrounding by top players to produce but Bradley does. The guy looks like a top 5 MLS player when plays for the US team but looks like a different player for TFC. He has stand out games for TFC but it's not consistent. every time i see him play for the US he's consistent. this leads be to believe he's 1 of those players that need to be surrounded by a bunch of top players to produce at a high level consistently.

...or he needs players making intelligent runs in front of him (Altidore & Gio) and someone covering his ass to allow him the freedom to roam (Cheyrou)

I think our recent change in formation accommodates this

Pint
06-14-2015, 02:18 PM
Bradley has been awesome since he was put at the top of the diamond. We had been playing him in a position that didn't bring out the best in his game earlier this season and on top of that he was injured for most of last season and didn't look like himself for us or the usmnt.

Jack
06-14-2015, 07:42 PM
People are going to hate on me for saying this but i don't care. To get the best out of Bradley you have to surround him with top players which is why he always looks amazing when he plays for the U.S team.. when he players for TFC games like this comes once or twice a month. A player like seba don't really need to be surrounded by top players to produce but Bradley does. The guy looks like a top 5 MLS player when plays for the US team but looks like a different player for TFC. He has stand out games for TFC but it's not consistent. every time i see him play for the US he's consistent. this leads be to believe he's 1 of those players that need to be surrounded by a bunch of top players to produce at a high level consistently.
I don't really see you making a point here. Basically, you're saying Bradley needs teammates who make intelligent runs and he needs his coach to use him in a proper role to maximize his talent. Kind of like what has been happening for us since Vanney switched him to the top of the diamond? In other words, Bradley needs to be deployed properly to get the most out of him. Not exactly earth shattering analysis.

PopePouri
06-14-2015, 08:03 PM
The whole passing sequence that led to Bradley's assisted goal. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofZ0Ueocl7I)

TFC can soooo do that.

They've had moments for sure.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0QJGWAD_RU

TorontoFC6fan
06-14-2015, 08:04 PM
NO! I never said anything about him being deployed properly to get the most out of him. Their are soccer players that can produce at a high level no matter what the quality of players around them is like (seba/moore) bradley on the other hand shines when he plays alongside top quality players.. there's no way any TFC fan can actually say Bradley looks the same for TFC as he does for the U.S team. the U.S team Bradley looks like a top 5 MLS player and the TFC Bradley is an inconsistent player. he'll have good games for TFC but it's not consistent production.

molenshtain
06-14-2015, 08:06 PM
NO! I never said anything about him being deployed properly to get the most out of him. Their are soccer players that can produce at a high level no matter what the quality of players around them is like (seba/moore) bradley on the other hand shines when he plays alongside top quality players.. there's no way any TFC can actually say Bradley looks the same for TFC as he does for the U.S team. the U.S teams bradley looks like a top 5 MLS player and the TFC Bradley is an inconsistent player. he'll have good games for TFC but it's not consistent production.

When played in the same position and given the same responsibilities as on the NT over the last month, Bradley has given us similar results.

portu
06-14-2015, 08:23 PM
NO! I never said anything about him being deployed properly to get the most out of him. Their are soccer players that can produce at a high level no matter what the quality of players around them is like (seba/moore) bradley on the other hand shines when he plays alongside top quality players.. there's no way any TFC fan can actually say Bradley looks the same for TFC as he does for the U.S team. the U.S team Bradley looks like a top 5 MLS player and the TFC Bradley is an inconsistent player. he'll have good games for TFC but it's not consistent production.
I seem to remember you calling Moore "lazy Luke Moore" and screaming that this league and team will never be where it wants to be with him (and players like him) on it. now he's a player of such supreme quality as to compare him to seba?

your bradley point is valid tho he needs top quality players around him to shine. I think the armchair analyst has it right tho. Bradley provides quality service on a pretty much consistent basis however when playing for tfc the quality of finisher is much lower than for the USA therefore leading to more assists for the USA and his star shining more brightly

TorontoFC6fan
06-14-2015, 10:32 PM
Lol who the hell compared luke moore to seba ? hahahaha luke moore is scrub lol my point was seba doesn't need stars around him to produce, while bradley plays on another level when he's surrounded by top players.. Why do you think I mentioned seba/ moore ? Because seba is producing while playing next to a bum like lazy luke moore.. He actually made moore look look better than he actually is.

jiforio
06-14-2015, 10:40 PM

Not sure what you have against Bradley. Really don't... Almost every post you have on here is basically hating against Bradley. He's one of the best things that has EVER happened to this team. (Not Laba for a long shot) Personally Laba is nothing but a distance memory and I only really remember the guy when you bring him up. Bradley is a work horse, "A general," a guy that owns up to his mistakes and then comes through in proving his toughest critics wrong. He is the one that makes his teammates look better and not vice versa. He doesn't need his teammates to make him look good and never has (proof: Ex-Roma player) I for one have always been overly content with having Bradley as a part of this squad and I'm proud to call him our captain.

Fact: In various stats Bradley is one of the top players in the league hands down, but personally I think he's THE BEST, #1, and I'd trade him for NO ONE!

RED 'TIL I DIE... Since Day 1.

portu
06-15-2015, 01:46 PM
Lol who the hell compared luke moore to seba ? hahahaha luke moore is scrub lol my point was seba doesn't need stars around him to produce, while bradley plays on another level when he's surrounded by top players.. Why do you think I mentioned seba/ moore ? Because seba is producing while playing next to a bum like lazy luke moore.. He actually made moore look look better than he actually is.
Ahh now I understand ur Luke Moore thing srry