PDA

View Full Version : OT: Beckham in a Long Sleeve Jersey

Krazy_kid
07-24-2008, 07:48 PM
Has anyone else noticed that Beckham is the only player to wear a long sleeve All Star Jersey?

Apparently, he refuses to wear a short sleeve in a game. I tried looking at past pictures and he's wearing a long sleeve in every picture!

Vindaloo
07-24-2008, 08:21 PM
He's always worn long sleeves going all the way back to when he first played with Preston North End in the early 90s. I've heard people say that it's because of tattoos but he didn't have tattoos way back when. I think I read it's out of superstition. Long sleeve shirts were the norm years ago in Britain so I think you'll find a few players carry on the tradition regardless of heat. I think Ryan Giggs mainly wears long sleeves too.

Dirk Diggler
07-24-2008, 10:47 PM
Carl Robinson always wears a long sleeve undershirt over the short sleeve jersey. Someone should ask him why.

jabbronies
07-24-2008, 10:54 PM
BAM - Short Sleeves:

http://www.davidbeckhamnet.com/2008/06/david-beckham-wallpapers.html

Heathen
07-24-2008, 10:57 PM
Carl Robinson always wears a long sleeve undershirt over the short sleeve jersey. Someone should ask him why.

i hate it when players do that, and when their undershirt shows at the collar. Should be banned in my completely arbitrary and worthless opinion

BigD
07-24-2008, 11:03 PM
I heard that it started when he had to play in a country which considered tattoos offensive (Japan or Middle East i think). He covered them up out of respect for the culture. He then continued this to maintain a good role model for kids. He has been doing it so long now that it is just normal for him. The sponsors probably like it too. Aside from being Becks ... he stands out when he is the only guy in long sleeves.

I think he was wearing short sleeves in practise yesterday from the clips I saw on TV

ThrilosOle
07-25-2008, 02:55 AM
I too always wore a long sleeved jersey even on the hottest day of the summer. Just something you get used to and don't want to change.

Cambridge_Red
07-25-2008, 03:00 AM
He's still a wanker. :D

Stugatzo
07-25-2008, 06:11 AM

No he doesn't.

http://web.mlsnet.com/images/2007/10/09/Oy8o5gZX.jpg

Northern Soul
07-25-2008, 09:00 AM

He wears an undershirt OVER his jersey? Huh?

SilverSamurai
07-25-2008, 09:04 AM
I'd wear a long sleeved all the time if I played.
I wish I had long sleeved replica TFC kit.
I want a long sleeved Canada kit, but it's hard enough to find a Canada kit as it is...

Anyways I don't like the current polka dot Canada kit...