PDA

View Full Version : September 5th Away match in Seattle

KGH
06-04-2015, 04:13 PM
Is anyone traveling to the game over the labour day weekend? Is there a contact to get tickets for this game? I just booked my flights to vancouver for that weekend and we're going to do a day trip to catch the game.

ChrisFizik
06-04-2015, 08:31 PM
sounds good. Interest will pick up in next months of course. But defo a number of ppl planned to go (me included). Number of the west coast heads from the Home opener / Vancouver thread probably. @KidA etc
We have a contact from last year but maybe will be a new one.

Wait a bit and a thread will get going

KGH
06-09-2015, 12:35 PM
I just spoke to Paul Bonnie with the Sounders and got my tickets (6). Looks like our section is 203. Not the best but not the worst. He asked me to pass along his email if anyone was planning on getting tickets contact him directly. paulb@soundersfc.com $28 / ticket

dow117
07-15-2015, 01:16 AM
We will be heading down Hotels may be tough to find on long wknd

KidA
07-15-2015, 11:47 AM
Thanks for contacting them KGH. I was about to post a thread about going down myself. I'll be picking up some tickets for this as well. Hopefully we can have a small group to head down for the long weekend.

themodelcitizen
07-28-2015, 01:07 PM
Just emailed Paul, thanks KGH

EDIT: actually that e-mail bounced back, trying some of the other account execs from the Sounders' web page, will keep you posted if one replies

Fort York Redcoat
07-28-2015, 01:14 PM
sounds good. Interest will pick up in next months of course. But defo a number of ppl planned to go (me included). Number of the west coast heads from the Home opener / Vancouver thread probably. @KidA etc
We have a contact from last year but maybe will be a new one.

Wait a bit and a thread will get going

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lyy0v1JTKG1qd1g7zo1_500.gif
That sounds like a busy weekend for you..

*looks down at my sig.

themodelcitizen
07-28-2015, 01:41 PM
Paul B is gone, our new contact for the tix in 203 is:

Kylie Groetsema <kylieg@soundersfc.com>tel 206.512.1242 (tel:206.512.1242)

Just grabbed 3 tix. Can't wait :D that same bar across from the baseball stadium again? I think it was Pyramid?

KidA
07-28-2015, 03:53 PM
Paul B is gone, our new contact for the tix in 203 is:

Kylie Groetsema <kylieg@soundersfc.com>

tel 206.512.1242 (tel:206.512.1242)

Just grabbed 3 tix. Can't wait :D that same bar across from the baseball stadium again? I think it was Pyramid?

Thanks for getting that info Scott. And yes it was Pyramid. I drove by this past weekend after the Blue Jays game and it was filled with fans.

TFCwestcan
07-28-2015, 06:42 PM
There are two of us coming from Calgary, we are driving through the mountains in a Saab convertible, should be fun. Looking into hotels, between the long weekend and exchange, the prices are up there. I don't actually want to end up out at sea tac in the Budget Inn.

Note to fellow travellers, there is a music festival this same weekend that is sure to affect accommodation, book early. Looking forward to seeing the West coast contingent some who I actually know by name now and searching for the unicorn-like non-IPA beer, and of course the game. Looks like we will be in the same section as previous years.

Xcalibur815
08-06-2015, 05:42 PM
Hey KGH how much did your flight cost from Toronto?

KidA
08-07-2015, 04:17 PM
Hotel booked. Tickets purchased. Looking forward to seeing all the west coast supporters again. Kylie did inform me that anyone looking to purchase tickets should do so in the next week and a half before they release the seats blocked off for us.

KGH
08-10-2015, 08:11 AM
Hey KGH how much did your flight cost from Toronto?

$680ish. Westjet

Xcalibur815
08-20-2015, 07:25 PM
flight is booked i'll be in vancity before heading to seattle on Saturday
anyone carpooling from vancouver?

cheers.

av

KidA
08-24-2015, 01:42 PM
flight is booked i'll be in vancity before heading to seattle on Saturday
anyone carpooling from vancouver?

cheers.

av
I'll be leaving Van City early Saturday if that helps. I believe most people will be leaving at a normal time since the game starts at 7.

Everyone up to meet at Pyramid like last year?

TFCwestcan
08-24-2015, 10:16 PM
This thread seems a bit quiet, perhaps a smaller crowd this time out. The pyramid was decent able to accommodate a large away crowd, good food and decent brews. Kid A what time are you making it to the Pyramid?

KidA
08-24-2015, 11:34 PM
This thread seems a bit quiet, perhaps a smaller crowd this time out. The pyramid was decent able to accommodate a large away crowd, good food and decent brews. Kid A what time are you making it to the Pyramid?

I may aim for 5/5:30 since check in to hotels aren't till 3. Should allow for plenty of time to eat and drink before heading over. How about you?

dow117
08-25-2015, 01:41 AM
Last minute change so we are now going , just got tix but the section was released for open sale so we are in Row M of same section so will have to clamber down a few rows to hook up with the TFC support.
Whats with the skyrocketing cost of Seattle Hotels even ignoring exchange rates ... they seem to have doubled since last year. Perhaps the Forbes list of the most valuable MLS franchise went to their heads. Fix that by kickin their ass !!!

Will head to Pyramid by 5 as part of larger pub crawl.... see you all there.

KGH
08-25-2015, 12:41 PM
Last minute change so we are now going , just got tix but the section was released for open sale so we are in Row M of same section so will have to clamber down a few rows to hook up with the TFC support.
Whats with the skyrocketing cost of Seattle Hotels even ignoring exchange rates ... they seem to have doubled since last year. Perhaps the Forbes list of the most valuable MLS franchise went to their heads. Fix that by kickin their ass !!!

Bumbershoot festival is going on that weekend. I think that as more to do with it than anything else

ChrisFizik
08-25-2015, 08:17 PM
though I'm usually quite up for visiting west coast RPB I slept on this waiting to hear from my Vancouver sister if she was around that weekend....unfortunately she's not. I was close to just pulling the trigger and heading to Seattle direct but sorry folks, gonna pass. Represent the Red in the sea of green well, we'll look for you on the tv.
Can I send a flag or something your way KidA? Any of you wanna transport a foldable flag out -- find me in 112 on Saturday and we'll hook it up.
No poles this time haha :)

TFCwestcan
08-25-2015, 09:07 PM

Dow, try airBnB, I noticed that the hotel prices also were high, we got a 2 bedroom for 2 nights $495 airbnb, not bad stumbling distance from the stadium. I'll be at the pub at 5. Part of a larger pub crawl I like that ha ha.

dow117
08-26-2015, 01:55 PM
Dow, try airBnB, I noticed that the hotel prices also were high, we got a 2 bedroom for 2 nights $495 airbnb, not bad stumbling distance from the stadium. I'll be at the pub at 5. Part of a larger pub crawl I like that ha ha.

Looks like you lucked out with the Airbnb
I will sleep in the car before paying $250-$300 night for a Quality Inn or Have-a-Nap motel. Seattle prices are always high no matter what is going on - not just high - exorbitant.
We got in at Hostel for 1 night at $80 USD ($10,000 CDN hehe) in the International District about 5-10 min walk to field. So we will stroll the avenue starting after check in at 3 pm. Lets hope for a repeat win like last year; Sounder fans are irritating at the best of times so a rout aka Orlando would help me cope with them.

TFCwestcan
08-28-2015, 11:06 PM
Looks like Seba is on the verge of being called up for the Italian national team, this game just became much harder, with Altidore also gone time for Hercules to shine. Darn I was looking forward to seeing a bit of Seba magic....

Justin10000
08-30-2015, 08:25 AM
They're friendlies, It's unlikely Bradley and Altidore will travel considering we're close to making a playoff. I wouldn't worry about them going away.

Scratch that. They weren't called up.

KidA
08-30-2015, 09:37 AM
though I'm usually quite up for visiting west coast RPB I slept on this waiting to hear from my Vancouver sister if she was around that weekend....unfortunately she's not. I was close to just pulling the trigger and heading to Seattle direct but sorry folks, gonna pass. Represent the Red in the sea of green well, we'll look for you on the tv.
Can I send a flag or something your way KidA? Any of you wanna transport a foldable flag out -- find me in 112 on Saturday and we'll hook it up.
No poles this time haha :)

If there is someone travelling that wouldn't mind bringing something I'd be happy to display it. I'll have my RPB flag plus the small banner I made for the beginning of the year. We will work with what we have.

KidA
08-30-2015, 04:19 PM
Crap crap crap. Looks like it's going to be a difficult game as Altidore and Bradley were just called into USMNT camp. Let's hope Herc is up to the test.

Red CB Toronto
08-30-2015, 04:32 PM
They're friendlies, It's unlikely Bradley and Altidore will travel considering we're close to making a playoff. I wouldn't worry about them going away.

Scratch that. They weren't called up.

Jozy was called up, Michael is joining them in Boston for the second friendly vs. Brazil !

Hamilton_Red
08-30-2015, 08:17 PM
Well - I am in for 4 ..whole family is coming for this one! Contacted Kylie for the supporters section - shoukd be good. Vancouver Island TFC Suporters Club on the road again!

dow117
08-31-2015, 07:48 PM
No Seba, Altidore, Cheyrou, Jackson, possibly Warner too. Wow , this could be a tough match to get something from. Even worse post game for the TFC away support. I think Vanney is just gonna look past this game for the next 6 at home as he always seems to wrongly say This is not a "must win" game. Hey, Vanney, it is for us in Section 203 on Saturday ....

Hamilton_Red
09-03-2015, 11:03 AM
How many have we got going?

KidA
09-03-2015, 12:27 PM
Let's see:

Hamilton_Red: 4
KidA: 2
modelCitizen: 3
Dow: 2
Xcalibur815: 1
KGH: 6

Current count of 18. Did I miss anyone?

KGH
09-03-2015, 01:11 PM
I might have another joining so either 6 or 7 for me.

ChrisFizik
09-03-2015, 02:08 PM
that's awesome guys - safe journeys, don't drink too much hoppy hoppy beers. haha
Also - if any of you can snap a few photos and have access to data or hotel wifi etc on day - please @redpatchboys :) or email redpatchboys at voiceinthestands.ca

KidA
09-03-2015, 03:14 PM
that's awesome guys - safe journeys, don't drink too much hoppy hoppy beers. haha
Also - if any of you can snap a few photos and have access to data or hotel wifi etc on day - please @redpatchboys :) or email redpatchboys at voiceinthestands.ca

I'll have data while I'm in Seattle. I'll post up some photos to Twitter and email them afterwards.

TFCwestcan
09-03-2015, 03:16 PM
Let's see:

Hamilton_Red: 4
KidA: 2
modelCitizen: 3
Dow: 2
Xcalibur815: 1
KGH: 6

Current count of 18. Did I miss anyone?

Add two more to the count! Noticed by chance my passport expired on Tuesday I was able to get a new one via the express service today. Sheese cutting it close.

Hamilton_Red
09-05-2015, 10:24 AM
Gameday! See everyone at Pyramid around 5. COYBIR

Ramangill
09-05-2015, 03:31 PM
I am on my way up from Portland, OR. Cousin meeting me from Van. So that's 2 of us.

Meeting at Pyramid for 5ish still? Last year there was a pretty big group!
Let me kno . 971-276-4541 (Ray)

KidA
09-05-2015, 04:03 PM
5pm Pyradmid bar. We will be there. Just getting settled at the hotel and grabbing a bite. See you all there.

Xcalibur815
09-08-2015, 07:03 PM
great trip guys nice meeting you beauts!
big s/o to KidA for driving down, and Ray for sticking around w/ me while i figured out where the hell the player/media will call gate was!

cheers,

alejandro

roadwarrior - chicago 2015, seattle 2015

Hamilton_Red
09-09-2015, 01:12 AM
Good times - nice to meet you all. Good video of us celbrating Zav's goal. We played a lot better than I expected. Hopefully a Westcoast opener next season as well.