PDA

View Full Version : Best all-time TFC single game performances?

notthesun
06-04-2015, 11:40 AM
I've watched the highlights of our match vs. San Jose a handful of times now and found myself wondering if I've ever seen a better performance from a TFC player than Giovinco that day. So I thought this would be a fun topic to see what other performances stick out in everyone's minds as being up there with the best this club has seen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSb14kW2P7k

As mentioned, Giovinco was incredible in this match, a threat every single time he got on the ball. With better luck he could have finished with 2 goals and 3 assists.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCeYSPsKe5A

An easy pick, DeRo scores a hat trick to put us on our way to completing the Miracle in Montreal.

Last one I thought of was Bradley's first TFC game against Seattle, which still stands as his best and the best I've seen from a TFC midfielder in my opinion. Highlights don't show much because it wasn't the most glamorous work, but he was all over the pitch, seemingly marking multiple Seattle players at a time, breaking up passes and starting counter attacks of our own all by himself, and at an incredible pace for the full 90 minutes.

Ultra & Proud
06-04-2015, 12:17 PM
Different circumstances but I remember back in 2009 (I think) that we opened the home season against the Revs and Serioux locked up with Shalrie Joseph (who was at his pinnacle then) and they went to war. That was one of the best defensive battles I have seen a player for us undertake and he held Joseph to nothing. I know it's not forward flashy but I will always remember it.

C.Ronaldo
06-04-2015, 12:21 PM
FUKN GARCIA!!!!! why did you bring back that painful memory

dero and guevera was so good, lucky to have seen him play. wish that team had more time to gel

ManUtd4ever
06-04-2015, 12:40 PM
Inaugural season, 4-0 win at home vs Dallas on Father's Day.

EDIT: I posted best team performance.

As for individual player performance, it has to be DeRo in the Miracle in Montreal.

SamK
06-04-2015, 01:00 PM
Agreed with dero in mtl.
Plata's two goals against Dallas in the 2011 ccl group stage also come to mind

ag futbol
06-04-2015, 01:12 PM
Different circumstances but I remember back in 2009 (I think) that we opened the home season against the Revs and Serioux locked up with Shalrie Joseph (who was at his pinnacle then) and they went to war. That was one of the best defensive battles I have seen a player for us undertake and he held Joseph to nothing. I know it's not forward flashy but I will always remember it.
He definitely had a few. I remember the first game Cummins coached against chivas. They were first place in the league and came in on fire - Serioux just destroyed their forwards for 90 minutes and we won 1-0.

Too bad about his injuries and whatnot. Would have liked to see him next to another experienced guy - might have helped consistency.

Voodooman
06-04-2015, 01:51 PM
Besides the obvious with DeRo in Montreal.

I recalled how excited I got with Javier Martina's performance with his two goals, I believe was the first or second game of the season in 2011.

Random shoutout to Alan Gordon's return to LA as well when he scored two goals, but I remember that goal in the final play of the game for the draw.

TheGoodson
06-04-2015, 02:12 PM
IMO the best performance was Nick Garcia getting punched in the face by the striker from Montreal...

kwhisperer
06-04-2015, 02:30 PM
Defoe in the 4-2 game over Houston last June. We fell behind 2-0 and came storming back, largely on Defoe's back. He didn't get credit for assists but was responsible for first-half goals by Osorio and Oduro; then he scored two in the second half.

ManUtd4ever
06-04-2015, 03:12 PM
As a former goalkeeper myself, I thought I'd also mention the best goalkeeper performance I can recall. In my opinion, it's Milos Kocic in the second leg of the 2012 CCL quarter final against LA.

ensco
06-04-2015, 04:10 PM
Squirrel

jabbronies
06-04-2015, 09:21 PM
Toronto FC vs Cruz Azul - 2009? CCL at BM Field

Mateo1985
06-04-2015, 09:25 PM

I loved that game 5-1 was a great result

kwhisperer
06-04-2015, 09:27 PM

GREAT game. Mista made us look like a professional team that knew how to attack.

Blixa
06-04-2015, 10:21 PM
Inaugural season, 4-0 win at home vs Dallas on Father's Day.

EDIT: I posted best team performance.

As for individual player performance, it has to be DeRo in the Miracle in Montreal.

That was a great game. Man, the place was buzzing... The weather was hot too.

Cuppy
06-04-2015, 10:31 PM
That shitstorm of a game against Chicago in 2010. labrocca goal from impossible distance and the wind that placed it in the back of the net

BuSaPuNk
06-05-2015, 07:43 AM
That shitstorm of a game against Chicago in 2010. labrocca goal from impossible distance and the wind that placed it in the back of the net

That was crazy and me and my buddy i brought that game still talk about that goal.

For me it has to be Dero Miracle in Montreal. Especially being there. Just was probably the highlight of this teams history. Pulling off the what seemed impossible.

jabbronies
06-05-2015, 10:30 AM
I loved that game 5-1 was a great result

No - it was 2-1 win.

James17930
06-05-2015, 10:31 AM
Squirrel

By far.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tXEKqknYxwE