PDA

View Full Version : Game 12 - Mr. Morrow Goes to Washington - @ DCU Saturday 7 pm Sportsnet

Pages : [1] 2

OgtheDim
05-31-2015, 05:28 PM
Tough game. No Bradley as he's off on USMNT duty. DCU is finding ways to win. Any result out of this will be a good one.

dantdot
05-31-2015, 05:44 PM
DC's playing mid week. Even without Bradley, now's a good chance to take points.

Mateo1985
05-31-2015, 06:06 PM
That turf though

PopePouri
05-31-2015, 06:15 PM
Probable starting lineup:

---------Giovinco-------------Moore----------
---------------------Osorio--------------------
-----------Chapman------Creavalle----------
-------------------Cheyrou--------------------
---Morgan---Zavaleta---Perquis---Morrow--
------------------Konopka---------------------

Blizzard
05-31-2015, 06:28 PM
That turf though

???

It's grass ..... or to be precise "Prescription Athletic Turf".

Red CB Toronto
05-31-2015, 06:33 PM
Will be a fun day of footy beginging with the Champions League Final. Then at 6 pm the Candian Women open up the World Cup followed by the Reds-DCU at 7 pm. I will most likely give the women my attention until their game is over before tuning in to the Reds. Will be a fun day indeed.

Mateo1985
05-31-2015, 07:29 PM
???

It's grass ..... or to be precise "Prescription Athletic Turf".

Oh oh that's good. I thought they still had turf there for a minute

akoto
05-31-2015, 07:43 PM
Oh oh that's good. I thought they still had turf there for a minute

If I'm not mistaken RFK has always been a grass pitch.

akoto
05-31-2015, 07:45 PM

Do you think Vanney may switch back to the 4-4-2 in an effort to make up for the fact we don't have Bradley and play a much more defensive minded match?

notthesun
05-31-2015, 07:48 PM
Hopefully Warner can return with Bradley out.

PopePouri
05-31-2015, 08:10 PM
Do you think Vanney may switch back to the 4-4-2 in an effort to make up for the fact we don't have Bradley and play a much more defensive minded match?

I hope not. We have decent pieces to the possess and create chances through the middle. I think it's time to develop some sort of identity.

Yohan
05-31-2015, 08:16 PM
I hope not. We have decent pieces to the possess and create chances through the middle. I think it's time to develop some sort of identity.
a lot of that relies on Giovinco and Bradley making smart runs and feeding off each other to keep opposition defence unbalanced. Without Bradley, Giovinco becomes more easily contained and TFC has no real good back up for Bradley and what he can do

MightyDM
05-31-2015, 08:30 PM
a lot of that relies on Giovinco and Bradley making smart runs and feeding off each other to keep opposition defence unbalanced. Without Bradley, Giovinco becomes more easily contained and TFC has no real good back up for Bradley and what he can do

Oso should be given a shot in this role. It's his best position and he has shown some really good touches lately

akoto
05-31-2015, 08:35 PM
I see your point PopePouri but I personally feel being able to switch tactics and formations to compensate for our weaknesses and the play of our opponents is slightly more important then establishing a formational identity. Yohan is correct in that without Bradley, Gio will have to adapt and work harder to find opportunities. A flatter 4-4-2 might give us a better chance at containing DC's attack and allow us to play a counter attack style that would allow Gio the opportunity to catch DC's CBs in more advantageous positions for him.

MightyDM
05-31-2015, 08:40 PM
Agreed to a point - we should absolutely adapt to our opponent, particularly on the road. That said, a 4-4-2 doesn't maximize our best assert, Giovinco.

anto7
05-31-2015, 08:53 PM
Agreed to a point - we should absolutely adapt to our opponent, particularly on the road. That said, a 4-4-2 doesn't maximize our best assert, Giovinco.

Perhaps I am misunderstanding something but I'm pretty sure we have been playing 4-4-2 the last few games with Bradley at the top of a diamond midfield. So why does a 4-4-2 not maximize Giovinco?

ronzilla
05-31-2015, 09:04 PM
According to the title, this will be the lineup:

Morrow

:facepalm:

PopePouri
05-31-2015, 09:24 PM

Obviously the question marks are Oso and Chapman, but Oso found Gio a lot with good through balls in the last game (he got the secondary assist) and Chapman is a similar player to Oso. I think there's enough creativity with Oso, Gio, Cheyrou and Chapman to break down DC.

TFC/Everton
05-31-2015, 09:29 PM

Might be better to play Chapman in the middle and Osorio on the left. He has played well there this year. Think of all the balls he's sent through to Giovinco from the left side against San Jose.

Yohan
05-31-2015, 10:25 PM
Obviously the question marks are Oso and Chapman, but Oso found Gio a lot with good through balls in the last game (he got the secondary assist) and Chapman is a similar player to Oso. I think there's enough creativity with Oso, Gio, Cheyrou and Chapman to break down DC.
it's not just being able to find Giovinco with passes. it's about attackers working in tandem with each other to pull away defenders to create channels for other players to exploit. passing is the easiest part. making smart runs and decisions is harder.

Bradley is a threat because he works with Giovinco when making runs. plus he can dribble and make runs from deep centre midfield. Osorio has so far not shown he can do this on a consistent basis.

btw, TFC is playing a modified 4-1-3-1-1. one day if I have the time, I'll have to explain more why this works

Jack
05-31-2015, 10:42 PM
it's not just being able to find Giovinco with passes. it's about attackers working in tandem with each other to pull away defenders to create channels for other players to exploit. passing is the easiest part. making smart runs and decisions is harder.

Bradley is a threat because he works with Giovinco when making runs. plus he can dribble and make runs from deep centre midfield. Osorio has so far not shown he can do this on a consistent basis.

btw, TFC is playing a modified 3-1-3-1-1. one day if I have the time, I'll have to explain more why this works
We're doing really well for only playing with nine outfield players ;)

Yohan
05-31-2015, 10:46 PM
We're doing really well for only playing with nine outfield players ;)
bah. :p

akoto
05-31-2015, 10:51 PM

As anto says below, we are already playing 4-4-2 or as Yohan probably more correctly put it 4-1-3-1-1, I meant playing a flatter 4-4-2 which would allow us to better absorb the DC attack, clog the midfield as well as take more pressure off our back line and hit on the counter.

Not the most glamorous formation or tactic but we need to do whatever it takes to win.

OgtheDim
06-01-2015, 06:23 AM
According to the title, this will be the lineup:

Morrow

:facepalm:

Ummm......Movie reference

anto7
06-01-2015, 07:54 AM
����
As anto says below, we are already playing 4-4-2 or as Yohan probably more correctly put it 4-1-3-1-1, I meant playing a flatter 4-4-2 which would allow us to better absorb the DC attack, clog the midfield as well as take more pressure off our back line and hit on the counter.

Not the most glamorous formation or tactic but we need to do whatever it takes to win.

Yeah I figured the flat 4-4-2 is what you were talking about, kind of like what we had when we played Cheyrou and Bradley along side each other in the middle. Personally I would still keep the diamond and put Osario at the top of the point and continue with Cheyrou at the base where he has been doing so well. If Warner is available I would bring him back on one side of the diamond.

With all due respects to Yohan I do not agree with his formation since that does not suggest a diamond midfield which is what we have been playing. It would also suggest Giovinco is part of the midfield with Moore on his own up front. I think Giovinco is playing up front although he does drop deep a lot to receive the ball.
if anything the formation is 4-1-2-1-2 but in reality that's just 4-4-2 at the end of the day.
And it doesn't really matter what we call it as long as it's working ��

Yohan
06-01-2015, 07:59 AM
With all due respects to Yohan I do not agree with his formation since that does not suggest a diamond midfield which is what we have been playing. It would also suggest Giovinco is part of the midfield with Moore on his own up front. I think Giovinco is playing up front although he does drop deep a lot to receive the ball.
if anything the formation is 4-1-2-1-2 but in reality that's just 4-4-2 at the end of the day.
And it doesn't really matter what we call it as long as it's working ��
it's a hybrid formation because Giovinco and Bradley drops deep so often. because of this, I thought 4-1-3-1-1 explains better than 4-4-2 diamond.

shwade
06-01-2015, 08:02 AM
Saw Giovinco strolling around Yorkville yesterday...he did not look happy about the weather.

anto7
06-01-2015, 08:04 AM
it's a hybrid formation because Giovinco and Bradley drops deep so often. because of this, I thought 4-1-3-1-1 explains better than 4-4-2 diamond.

Good point

PopePouri
06-01-2015, 10:07 AM

btw, TFC is playing a modified 4-1-3-1-1. one day if I have the time, I'll have to explain more why this works

You're right with Bradley. We will also miss Bradley's ability to counter with pace as well but as you say we're not playing a traditional diamond. I think we see one Saturday with Oso or Chapman higher up the pitch trying to play in between the lines.

__wowza
06-01-2015, 03:45 PM
Ummm......Movie reference

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view5/1947667/mel-gibson-on-the-simpsons-o.gif

seriously though, i don't expect much from this match. DC united have been in incredible form at home.
the only positives i can see at the moment are when i take a look at their injury list:

OUT: F Fabian Espindola
OUT: F Luis Silva
OUT: M Nick DeLeon
OUT: M Michael Farfan
that's a good chunk of their teams firepower. not to mention the fact that they barely grinded out a win against philly.
if we get a draw, i'd be absolutely thrilled.

Yohan
06-01-2015, 04:41 PM
http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view5/1947667/mel-gibson-on-the-simpsons-o.gif

seriously though, i don't expect much from this match. DC united have been in incredible form at home.
the only positives i can see at the moment are when i take a look at their injury list:

that's a good chunk of their teams firepower. not to mention the fact that they barely grinded out a win against philly.

that's the thing. DCU hasn't been very good, but they've been grinding out points. better lucky than good, I suppose

jloome
06-01-2015, 07:55 PM

The front two would normally be described as a duo, not him offset, as he doesn't drop into the hole constantly, he plays high up more often and gets the ball in the wide channel between the mid and winger. So it's a 4-1-3-2.

I personally think it's more a 4-1-2-1-2, a diamond. Giovinco doesn't drop that often.

Yohan
06-01-2015, 07:57 PM
The front two would normally be described as a duo, not him offset, as he doesn't drop into the hole constantly, he plays high up more often and gets the ball in the wide channel between the mid and winger. So it's a 4-1-3-2.

I personally think it's more a 4-1-2-1-2, a diamond. Giovinco doesn't drop that often.
Giovinco seems to drop back more whenever Bradley drops deep

PopePouri
06-01-2015, 08:17 PM
They're unbeaten at home this season though. It's going to be very difficult.

nonc
06-01-2015, 09:07 PM
I hope Aparicio gets to make a sub debut soon.

nonc
06-01-2015, 09:10 PM
Even though he wouldn't be starting I miss Silva.

MightyDM
06-02-2015, 07:07 AM
Perhaps I am misunderstanding something but I'm pretty sure we have been playing 4-4-2 the last few games with Bradley at the top of a diamond midfield. So why does a 4-4-2 not maximize Giovinco?

Sorry, flat 4-4-2 versus diamond 4-4-2 was what I understood we were debating. I was using 4-4-2 to mean flat. Some are saying 4-1-2-1-2 to describe the diamond also.

flamehawk
06-02-2015, 07:15 AM
I hope Aparicio gets to make a sub debut soon.

I think he has the potential but an appearance would be unlikely. While he did well against man city, he has been inconsistent in usl. Doesn't even start for TFc 2

Areathrasher
06-02-2015, 08:00 AM
Aparicio is the guy that's down on loan at TFC II for the season. He can't be re-called.

Joe Kool
06-02-2015, 08:38 AM

Chris Rolfe may very well end up suspended for a kick out he gave a player on the weekend with his studs that was not caught by the ref. You never know if the disciplinary committee will step in on that one. He may just get one game though which would be their weekday game. Maybe they will add to your list on Wednesday. Who knows. I think we have a decent shot though at the game on the weekend even with Bradley away.

anto7
06-02-2015, 08:52 AM
Sorry, flat 4-4-2 versus diamond 4-4-2 was what I understood we were debating. I was using 4-4-2 to mean flat. Some are saying 4-1-2-1-2 to describe the diamond also.

OK, understood, no worries

Areathrasher
06-02-2015, 09:27 AM
Chris Rolfe may very well end up suspended for a kick out he gave a player on the weekend with his studs that was not caught by the ref. You never know if the disciplinary committee will step in on that one. He may just get one game though which would be their weekday game. Maybe they will add to your list on Wednesday. Who knows. I think we have a decent shot though at the game on the weekend even with Bradley away.

One game suspension just came down.

OgtheDim
06-02-2015, 09:59 AM
So in essence he's rested for us. Oh well....

OgtheDim
06-02-2015, 10:56 AM
Steven Goff ‏@SoccerInsider (https://twitter.com/SoccerInsider) 3m3 minutes ago (https://twitter.com/SoccerInsider/status/605763724058566658)
Espindola & Silva training full out, Olsen says. Return to active duty soon. Kemp out 7-10 days. Farfan longer term

OgtheDim
06-02-2015, 11:37 AM
John Molinaro ‏@JohnMolinaro (https://twitter.com/JohnMolinaro) 14m14 minutes ago (https://twitter.com/JohnMolinaro/status/605771088275099648)
Vanney says Bloom and Bendik available for selection on Saturday. Warner questionabl

ManUtd4ever
06-02-2015, 11:44 AM
Keep Konopka in there. Don't mess with a winning streak.

FRANKIE65
06-02-2015, 12:01 PM
John Molinaro ‏@JohnMolinaro (https://twitter.com/JohnMolinaro) 14m14 minutes ago (https://twitter.com/JohnMolinaro/status/605771088275099648)
Vanney says Bloom and Bendik available for selection on Saturday. Warner questionabl

Nice to see Bloom, finally, available!!

barticusz
06-02-2015, 03:25 PM
Never thought I'd say this, but I'd rather we stick with the winning formula. Morgan at LB and Morrow at RB, with Konopka in net.

ronzilla
06-02-2015, 04:29 PM
If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Konopka stays in net.

akoto
06-02-2015, 07:59 PM
I hate to see a guy lose his spot to injury but Konopka has played really well and the team is starting to really gel. I say keep Konopka in net.

19Barrett19
06-02-2015, 09:54 PM
Am I the only one that sees this... Bendik sucks at a lot of things as a goal keeper. He does not commad his box very well, cant kick the ball for shit and is shorter than Konopka :) Konopka should be #1 he's way better than Bendik period.

molenshtain
06-02-2015, 10:13 PM
Am I the only one that sees this... Bendik sucks at a lot of things as a goal keeper. He does not commad his box very well, cant kick the ball for shit and is shorter than Konopka :) Konopka should be #1 he's way better than Bendik period.

I don't think Bendik sucks, not for this league anyway. He has good concentration and can regularly come through with some good reaction saves. He might not save points for us as regularly as some of the better keepers in this league do, but he won't outright have major blunder the same way even guys like Hamid, Johnson and Robles will every few games.

Small sample size but I think Konopka is better too. above average in this league at a number of things.

Fort York Redcoat
06-03-2015, 06:36 AM

http://memeviewer.com/templates/Am_I_The_%20Only_One_%20Around_Here_Blank_Template .jpg

Konopka should be number one until the next 2 games in a week.

TFC Tifoso
06-03-2015, 07:06 AM
I hate to see a guy lose his spot to injury but Konopka has played really well and the team is starting to really gel. I say keep Konopka in net.

yeah that's tough, but not like the first time it happened here.....Frei losing out to Bendik, ironically......

no a few here see it the same way......although he was quite rusty in his first game, I saw things in Konopka straight away that to me Bendik didn't offer......

I don't think Bendik sucks, not for this league anyway. He has good concentration and can regularly come through with some good reaction saves. He might not save points for us as regularly as some of the better keepers in this league do, but he won't outright have major blunder the same way even guys like Hamid, Johnson and Robles will every few games.

Small sample size but I think Konopka is better too. above average in this league at a number of things.

fair enough, but the number of times that say a keeper will need to claim a ball in the box off a cross/corner or challenge a shooter by coming off the line in a game (something Konopka is waaaaay better at imo) should be more than the number of times they need to make a save.......and imo Konopka is no better/worse at that........besides, I don't really qualify "good shot stopper" as a characteristic for a good keeper......to me that is the minimum requirement......to be able to make a save.....otherwise why are they playing keeper?.......

Mateo1985
06-03-2015, 08:32 AM
I'm kind of glad that this is an away game. Wouldn't be able to attend it due to a wedding I gotta go to. Let's go REDS!!!

Ultra & Proud
06-03-2015, 08:38 AM

I'd argue that he almost always gives up at least one piss poor goal per game though. Thusly, why he has so few clean sheets. From that I question his concentration.

ronzilla
06-03-2015, 08:49 AM
Nobody is guaranteed a starting position and there's always someone else competing for your spot. That's just the way it goes with this sport and many others.

JayMolly
06-03-2015, 09:19 AM
I'm kind of glad that this is an away game. Wouldn't be able to attend it due to a wedding I gotta go to. Let's go REDS!!!

We are off to a wedding too. Will PVR the first women's FIFA match then the TFC match.
Sunday should be a good day to recover from the wedding and watch what we missed on Saturday.
[PS. must remember NOT to listen to any scores from Saturday night!]

Mateo1985
06-03-2015, 09:33 AM
lol yeah!!! good strategy!!!

ManUtd4ever
06-03-2015, 09:35 AM
I'd argue that he almost always gives up at least one piss poor goal per game though. Thusly, why he has so few clean sheets. From that I question his concentration.

Agreed. Konopka has been far more consistent. I would go as far as to suggest that we lost at least a couple of points during the season opening road trip because Bendik let in soft goals.

dupont
06-03-2015, 09:38 AM
Agreed. Konopka has been far more consistent. I would go as far as to suggest that we lost at least a couple of points during the season opening road trip because Bendik let in soft goals.

It's hard to say because Bendik made some big saves too. Anyways, I think it's obvious that we leave Konopka in for now since the team is on a hot streak and there is no reason to mess with that.

Milanista
06-03-2015, 09:40 AM
Leave Konopka in net, Bendik is an avg keeper. If he was some superstar than yeah, give him the spot back.

Teams playing well, let it be

FRANKIE65
06-03-2015, 10:23 AM
Give Konopka the DC start for sure. Then the NYFC and DC at home...Joe gets the Montreal game.

OgtheDim
06-03-2015, 06:29 PM
Know thy opponent

http://cricfree.sx/watch/live/dc-united-vs-chicago-fire-live-streaming

Auzzy
06-03-2015, 06:39 PM
Know thy opponent

http://cricfree.sx/watch/live/dc-united-vs-chicago-fire-live-streaming

Looks like we should be able to score against these guys... 1-0 for Chicago, shortly after DCU gave up but stopped a PK.

OgtheDim
06-03-2015, 06:55 PM
The lack of DM pressure is going to hurt DCU vs. Giovinco but then we also lack Bradley and Warner.

OgtheDim
06-03-2015, 07:44 PM
And now we see DCU grind it out to lead 3-1.

I don't think Cheyrou and Perquis will allow crosses like that into the box though. Chicago is looking lost.

anto7
06-03-2015, 08:05 PM
Apparently the game completely changed with the introduction of Espindola in the 2nd half. He will no doubt be a major threat to U.S. On Sat.

On a separate note did anyone see the Impact goal tonight? If you have not seen it check it out and watch Ousted on the rebound. It is so funny, he has no clue whatsoever where the ball is and is not even looking when the shot comes in. Seriously it is hilarious.

Auzzy
06-03-2015, 08:17 PM
Yes Espindola worries me, he has caused us enough grief over the years. Too bad he didn't get a 2nd yellow tonight... ;)

Fort York Redcoat
06-04-2015, 07:12 AM
And now we see DCU grind it out to lead 3-1.

I don't think Cheyrou and Perquis will allow crosses like that into the box though. Chicago is looking lost.

Well said. Chicagos back line looked just downtrodden.

OgtheDim
06-04-2015, 11:38 AM
FWIW, Altidore in training today.

barticusz
06-04-2015, 11:54 AM
Altidore will surely be available for the June 20 game unless of course there are USMNT callups.

OgtheDim
06-04-2015, 07:07 PM
Vanney's interview from today at training, FWIW

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8XjiKgv_zAA

General Woolfe
06-04-2015, 07:26 PM
Bad news is Espindola is back for them and seemed to turn the tide last night when he came on at half time
Good news is theyve now gone a record 20 games without defeat and all runs need to end sometime

ronzilla
06-04-2015, 07:35 PM
Will be a tough game but its doable. Need the back line to step up.

dupont
06-04-2015, 10:05 PM
Good news is theyve now gone a record 20 games without defeat and all runs need to end sometime

That can't be right... do you mean without defeat at home? Surely, they've lost a game this season?

molenshtain
06-04-2015, 10:14 PM
That can't be right... do you mean without defeat at home? Surely, they've lost a game this season?

yeah that's at home.

Joe Kool
06-05-2015, 09:32 AM
Always amusing to read the opposing team's fans comments on upcoming games. There is always a common theme...Toronto sucks and they expect no less than 3 points. I don't think I have ever seen anything different but then they come up with all kinds of excuses why Toronto beats them and it is usually never because TFC played better. DC fans are saying the same and talking about their home fortress that TFC has no chance of changing their record. Funny....San Jose fans were touting the same crap coming up to the Toronto game last weekend like they just had to show up for the game to get the win. I don't think many MLS fans want to let go of the eternal "Toronto sucks" mentality. We could be 3rd in the east with a win if RBNY loses tonight. Not too bad for a team that is so "terrible". Hope we kick DC's ass.

OgtheDim
06-05-2015, 10:23 AM
The thoughts of other MLS supporters to us is pretty much mirrored by the thoughts of certain media in this city. E.g. Scott Regher on CBC morning radio today indicating Toronto does not support teams properly and does not deserve the WWC, based on their being more MCFC shirts in attendance at that friendly then TFC.

I fully expect us to lose on Saturday. I hope we don't, but I expect we will.

And that will mean people will be in this thread yelling at Vanney, Moore, Crevalle, Perquis, and anybody else involved with this team baring Giovinco.

The fact that every team loses doesn't seem to come into people's heads.

All I want is for them to try, to make an effort, to represent the badge and don't get injured or red carded.

Areathrasher
06-05-2015, 10:38 AM
Yea, fully expect a loss on Saturday.

As long as it's not a blowout like the last trip to RFK, i'll be good.

PopePouri
06-05-2015, 10:57 AM
DC should expect 3 points because their record at home is impeccable. We also don't have Bradley and Altidore.

mowe
06-05-2015, 11:20 AM
With Giovinco in form and our defense improving, we do have a chance at a result.

I wonder how Vanney will account for Bradley's absence. Switch back to a flat 4-4-2 and play on the counter?

Initial B
06-05-2015, 12:05 PM
I don't know... I've got a weird feeling that they're not going to lose this game. Maybe 0-0?

pdubs
06-05-2015, 12:06 PM
Vanney might put Osorio at the top of the diamond and Jackson on the left.

Oldtimer
06-05-2015, 12:32 PM
Always amusing to read the opposing team's fans comments on upcoming games. There is always a common theme...Toronto sucks and they expect no less than 3 points. I don't think I have ever seen anything different but then they come up with all kinds of excuses why Toronto beats them and it is usually never because TFC played better. DC fans are saying the same and talking about their home fortress that TFC has no chance of changing their record. Funny....San Jose fans were touting the same crap coming up to the Toronto game last weekend like they just had to show up for the game to get the win. I don't think many MLS fans want to let go of the eternal "Toronto sucks" mentality. We could be 3rd in the east with a win if RBNY loses tonight. Not too bad for a team that is so "terrible". Hope we kick DC's ass.

Can't say I blame them. Our reputation is like RSL's was before Kreis and Lagerway came on board, i.e. terrible. It took Kreis two seasons to change their reputation.

OgtheDim
06-05-2015, 12:34 PM
I get the feeling Chapman is going to start at the top of the Diamond.

OgtheDim
06-05-2015, 03:10 PM
Kurtis Larson ‏@KurtLarSUN (https://twitter.com/KurtLarSUN) 35s35 seconds ago (https://twitter.com/KurtLarSUN/status/606915185815781376)
UPDATE: Jozy Altidore and Mark Bloom are with the team in D.C. Unclear what role, if any, either will play tomorrow. #TFC (https://twitter.com/hashtag/TFC?src=hash)

notthesun
06-05-2015, 03:13 PM
Hmm. Bloom with make the bench I think, I'd be surprised if Altidore does though.

barticusz
06-05-2015, 03:40 PM
Maybe Altidore will be a late sub if we're down?

oranje boven
06-05-2015, 04:29 PM
Who wears the captains arm band tomorrow? Cheyrou?

OgtheDim
06-06-2015, 07:09 AM
Game Day :scarf:

OgtheDim
06-06-2015, 08:48 AM
Some Larson nuggets

Kurtis Larson ‏@KurtLarSUN (https://twitter.com/KurtLarSUN) 39m39 minutes ago (https://twitter.com/KurtLarSUN/status/607171468120563712) Toronto FC, scheduled to train here last night, decided not to. DC offered up only a turf field for Reds to practice on.

Kurtis Larson ‏@KurtLarSUN (https://twitter.com/KurtLarSUN) 41m41 minutes ago (https://twitter.com/KurtLarSUN/status/607171097386098690)
Warner is here. Chapman could get the call in Bradley's place. Osorio, too.

Kurtis Larson ‏@KurtLarSUN (https://twitter.com/KurtLarSUN) 44m44 minutes ago (https://twitter.com/KurtLarSUN/status/607170441635979265)
Jozy Altidore appears to be ahead of schedule on recovery from hamstring injury. He's here in D.C. I'd be surprised if he plays.

Cashcleaner
06-06-2015, 08:49 AM
Looking forward to this match, but I know it's gonna be a tough one. DC is currently top of the league table with 28 points and a record of 8-3-4, and are coming off a 3-1 win against Chicago at home. Weather in DC right now is mild with a temperature of 22 Celcius but overcast. Scattered Thundershowers are expected over the day, though, so we may see rain at kick-off and throughout the match. Getting any points at RFK is gonna be tough, but it would be great if we could manage a road win against the league leader.

ronzilla
06-06-2015, 10:14 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CG0WtA6UgAAzo1B.png

Eleven
06-06-2015, 10:20 AM
In spite of the loss most are expecting for tonight's game, I am still hopeful.

I'm still "learning" about the game in general, our "metal", tactics, analytics, etc (thank you, RPB forum); however, I feel encouraged having looked at http://www.soccerstats.com/team.asp?league=usa&teamid=8

We were still finding our feet, figuring out team dynamics, and mostly on the road, injuries and what not, but comparatively, still fared decently. We could be minus 1.5-1.75(?) DPs tonight (assuming JA off the bench if needed), and our heart engine missing, but still, I hope. IMO, if there's a game to send a message, this is it. We can still earn point(s), with just ONE (albeit S.U.P.E.R) DP.

How wrong am I? Flaky maybe, but I will be sending positive, we CAN do it vibes starting now.

SoccMan2
06-06-2015, 10:33 AM
Bradley's absence will be felt here and even Altidore even though we have played without him recently and have got results. However, DC has too many good seasoned MLS players like Espindola, Rolfe, Arieta, Arnaud, Pontius and I could go on and on with this team they are stacked with proven good MLS players, unfortunately it will take an incredible effort for us to even get a tie. When you look at D.C. 's lineup you realize rather quickly why they are in first, 3-1 for the bad guys tonight, but let's go TFC prove me wrong I want to be wrong!

Eleven
06-06-2015, 11:32 AM
...3-1 for the bad guys tonight, but let's go TFC prove me wrong I want to be wrong!
Thanks for not being too hard on me.

I still have hope....with my first ever prediction of 2-1 for us.

I need that...still heartbroken with that Oranje breakdown yesterday. I miss LvG! Although I'm pleased with Bradley's 2nd half! And just to be clear, I'm also nationally RED but Oranje is my other team. Looking forward to the day I can have the choice to pick my Red jersey over the Oranje one.

ronzilla
06-06-2015, 11:58 AM
Wait a minute. TFC are playing Barca or Juve ?

Lol

TFC has just as good of chance of winning as DC.

Im predicting a 2-1 win for the Reds.

bigredone
06-06-2015, 01:09 PM
Thanks for not being too hard on me.

I still have hope....with my first ever prediction of 2-1 for us.

I need that...still heartbroken with that Oranje breakdown yesterday. I miss LvG! Although I'm pleased with Bradley's 2nd half! And just to be clear, I'm also nationally RED but Oranje is my other team. Looking forward to the day I can have the choice to pick my Red jersey over the Oranje one.

Heartbreak made easier with Bradley dominating! You can pick, too, June 15th.

I predict the same. Chapman with a big assist on the first goal and Hamilton scoring the winner.

Qman
06-06-2015, 02:55 PM
this game is on the old thescore, not sportsnet. Rogers believes an anahiem angels game is more important

MightyDM
06-06-2015, 03:05 PM
The thoughts of other MLS supporters to us is pretty much mirrored by the thoughts of certain media in this city. E.g. Scott Regher on CBC morning radio today indicating Toronto does not support teams properly and does not deserve the WWC, based on their being more MCFC shirts in attendance at that friendly then TFC.

I fully expect us to lose on Saturday. I hope we don't, but I expect we will.

And that will mean people will be in this thread yelling at Vanney, Moore, Crevalle, Perquis, and anybody else involved with this team baring Giovinco.

The fact that every team loses doesn't seem to come into people's heads.

All I want is for them to try, to make an effort, to represent the badge and don't get injured or red carded.

i don't expect them to lose. On the other hand, if Vanney has a brain cramp the equivalent of starting Hagglund at RB against the fastest guy in the league, I don't see why people shouldn't call him out.

my bigger worry is the refereeing. We are overdue for an MLS caliber screw up.

MightyDM
06-06-2015, 03:08 PM
Vanney might put Osorio at the top of the diamond and Jackson on the left.

Thats what I'd like to see. If Warner was available, would be interesting to see Cheyrou up for Bradley and Warner hold in Cheyrous place.

akoto
06-06-2015, 05:57 PM
https://cvws.icloud-content.com/CAEQARoQvZd_LEWg0LH3YwmhDG_JZQ/0181b0712c77b120701018f4ffd0ac9167faf6d512/Screen+Shot+2015-06-06+at+6.50.25+PM.jpg?v=0&p=3&x=1&a=Bcz%2BJHoRaTKDA7%2BXKw%3D%3D&e=1433717676000&r=f5e3868f-f834-a10f-c339-414c300bf103-4&u=1433634576711&c=CvsHCqcHCrMDCh11cy1vcmUtMDAwMDEuczMuYW1hem9uYXdz LmNvbRBQGgNHRVQiyQEvQVBsNVVka0JUY3NUVzFrQk5jTFo_eC 1jbGllbnQtcmVxdWVzdC1pZD1mNWUzODY4Zi1mODM0LWExMGYt YzMzOS00MTRjMzAwYmYxMDMmRXhwaXJlcz0xNDMzNjM0NTc2Jm J5dGUtcmFuZ2U9MTE1MjI0LTI0ODg0MiZBV1NBY2Nlc3NLZXlJ ZD1BS0lBSVdXUjMzRUNIS1BDMkxVQSZTaWduYXR1cmU9bDlPR3 ZVeE5xQmNCd1RkRThsSEJ4eiUyQnBIQW8lM0QqBEhUVFAyAzEu MToEaHR0cEIrCgp4LWFtei1kYXRlEh1TYXQsIDA2IEp1biAyMD E1IDIyOjU0OjM2IEdNVEIpChFYLUFwcGxlLU9iamVjdC1JRBIU QVBsNVVka0JUY3NUVzFrQk5jTFpCHAoFUmFuZ2USE2J5dGVzPT ExNTIyNC0yNDg4NDJCDQoGQWNjZXB0EgMqLypKCXMzX3VzX29y ZVIXY3Z3cy5pY2xvdWQtY29udGVudC5jb21Yx7Ke2twpEi8KFY HAXjtOsRE0SuRoTgJKg9-0X_3BMRIRAZV96k_W0FKAeSLYsIPEyrYY4XogABIwChWBIULOi 3tfzocP6w15ayEC7MjKOa4SEQGThE9o7t3YowQC-U_Bk4uWGL1pIOF6EjEKFYHdoD6SeuVVuZ-vWh4zKu_x1nr4uRIRATJ5lBX7rmEuU22Tj-7h69cY1m0gnuQBEjIKFYGX1m5PdhABkLLp6h5hYiY0PZw7hRIR AbvjD6gl_6KmDaEM-p5F1NQYs48BIPTRAhIxChWBjC__wzho6usZBE1s3FqUoTEN3fY SEQHYOrC0Jf-ftfUs4D3rOf_nGJ96IKfhAxIxChWB965aq0zZVAPWYAaqWiWq4 r1yfMsSEQFYv4NqQFAKSHBbZxY6FJK1GJdrIMbbBBIxChWB5-FJ4yejskTn5pHP1gyd4s3vNr8SEQFs3TvCD2sOGUR4qOMZJCRU GIJoIN3GBRIxChWBsCb1KA3gDo-P70VOt1_aEHcovJkSEQGMA2bf69CDW5_080ay6D49GK9uIN-uBhIxChWB4xbC2kIH6X-nBk4feYbpg9nsyHoSEQFxwhRp1Ji_6fRB9hHWBudxGOV2II6dB xoUQVBsNVVka0JUY3NUVzFrQk5jTFoiEEEwdmdyL1Z6RlhUMmw 1SXISTwoVAYGwcSx3sSBwEBj0_9CskWf69tUSEgQIABAAEgQIA BABEgQIABACEgQIABADEgQIABAEEgQIABAFEgQIABAGEgQIABA HEgQIABAIKAAgAg&s=7ccfAy3uhZbpkLKwpZJzGyE8GTQ
https://cvws.icloud-content.com/CAEQARoQvZd_LEWg0LH3YwmhDG_JZQ/01b25612bb01c92a3ce2d84d24d3cab806dd1b4fda/Screen+Shot+2015-06-06+at+6.50.58+PM.jpg?v=0&p=3&x=1&a=BbkXkZz3bhIxA7%2BXKw%3D%3D&e=1433717676000&r=f5e3868f-f834-a10f-c339-414c300bf103-5&u=1433634576711&c=CsMGCoEGCqcDCh11cy1vcmUtMDAwMDEuczMuYW1hem9uYXdz LmNvbRBQGgNHRVQiwwEvQVBsNVVka0JUY3NUVzFrQk5jTFo_eC 1jbGllbnQtcmVxdWVzdC1pZD1mNWUzODY4Zi1mODM0LWExMGYt YzMzOS00MTRjMzAwYmYxMDMmRXhwaXJlcz0xNDMzNjM0NTc2Jm J5dGUtcmFuZ2U9MC03OTg1NSZBV1NBY2Nlc3NLZXlJZD1BS0lB SVdXUjMzRUNIS1BDMkxVQSZTaWduYXR1cmU9bDlPR3ZVeE5xQm NCd1RkRThsSEJ4eiUyQnBIQW8lM0QqBEhUVFAyAzEuMToEaHR0 cEIrCgp4LWFtei1kYXRlEh1TYXQsIDA2IEp1biAyMDE1IDIyOj U0OjM2IEdNVEIpChFYLUFwcGxlLU9iamVjdC1JRBIUQVBsNVVk a0JUY3NUVzFrQk5jTFpCFgoFUmFuZ2USDWJ5dGVzPTAtNzk4NT VCDQoGQWNjZXB0EgMqLypKCXMzX3VzX29yZVIXY3Z3cy5pY2xv dWQtY29udGVudC5jb21Yx7Ke2twpEi8KFYHw-aPGWiM8C4Kh1JHoh0FEs0zdBxIRARYXTNW-ker2WkAYwkbpO30YiH4gABIwChWBBB788sjS29Q-Aykp7_Kdto1TGZYSEQFM0frDdErrFu4ZmEHQTwtHGOh0IIh-EjEKFYEI6zKmEHBmhGBUw-fcsc5UQfmmuxIRAZxuGs5IQrERbbm76I3fSrwYgGog8PIBEjEK FYFxW7AiHXMXjExQiFRgr1N2yMTsthIRAXKyoWBV-CvOLFZHDPRzuvgYym0g8NwCEjEKFYHYDswb_o9DH8QVlpQySm4 5HGWcORIRAfhW6MD872ASJQNCCY14toAYkG4gusoDEjEKFYFti E13y2S9cxrfKS5m7TrpBY5mNRIRAWjogsgHAaxJKT0bGq3mZ58 YpjcgyrgEGhRBUGw1VWRrQlRjc1RXMWtCTmNMWiIQQTB2Z3IvV npGWFQybDVJchI9ChUBslYSuwHJKjzi2E0k08q4Bt0bT9oSBAg AEAASBAgAEAESBAgAEAISBAgAEAMSBAgAEAQSBAgAEAUoACAC&s=3cN6H-kplc6ePAgHPnMK65GyVjY

Altidore is back!

molenshtain
06-06-2015, 05:58 PM
Osorio at the tip of the diamond.

Greatest Ripoff
06-06-2015, 05:59 PM
anyone with a stream?

mook-life
06-06-2015, 06:01 PM
stream anyone

portu
06-06-2015, 06:05 PM
Oso is 8th overall in pass completion? Holyyy

portu
06-06-2015, 06:08 PM
Vanney has ditched the salmon coloured shirt in favor of pink

molenshtain
ahahahhaaha "RFK stadium; a legendary facility" ahahahahaah

we're in for some great commentary tonight.

mook-life
I hate working Saturdays...

James17930
06-06-2015, 06:13 PM
I'm looking for a stream but my internet is really laggy right now and it's taking me forever to search for one ...

__wowza
06-06-2015, 06:15 PM
I'm looking for a stream but my internet is really laggy right now and it's taking me forever to search for one ...

http://megatvhd.tv/live/8.php

molenshtain
06-06-2015, 06:16 PM
uggggh, really?

ag futbol
Eeek... Not the start we needed. Someone's got to clear that at the near post

__wowza
canada game on the TV, TFC game on the laptop.

today is a good day.

James17930
06-06-2015, 06:17 PM
Here's another one:

http://viphd.net/viphd4.html

Not the best quality, though.

molenshtain
06-06-2015, 06:20 PM
D.C. are a very well drilled team but dear god do they play some ugly fucking football.

portu
06-06-2015, 06:21 PM
Hate DC always so dirty

Defoe
06-06-2015, 06:22 PM
D.C. are a very well drilled team but dear god do they play some ugly fucking football.

And it works in MLS 3.0 but will not work in MLS 4.0

James17930
06-06-2015, 06:23 PM
I haven't been able to watch all the games recently, but I was under the impression that Warner is basically a back-up DM.

Is he really capable doing anything else? I mean, wouldn't it be better to have Jackson out there on the wing?

molenshtain
06-06-2015, 06:25 PM
I haven't been able to watch all the games recently, but I was under the impression that Warner is basically a back-up DM.

Is he really capable doing anything else? I mean, wouldn't it be better to have Jackson out there on the wing?

Warner's a lot better when he's playing box-to-box. He's not really on the wing today.

James17930
06-06-2015, 06:26 PM
Warner's a lot better when he's playing box-to-box. He's not really on the wing today.

So what kind of formation are they going with then? My stream is pretty bad ... I can't tell who's who until the commentators say their names :p

JavierMartini
06-06-2015, 06:28 PM
There is an audible china chant in edmonton atm. WTF canada fans. 50,000 plus and nothing.

portu
06-06-2015, 06:29 PM
Not good enough at all thus far, should be playing 4-4-2

molenshtain
06-06-2015, 06:30 PM
So what kind of formation are they going with then? My stream is pretty bad ... I can't tell who's who until the commentators say their names :p

we've being going with a 4-4-2 diamond the last few games. Cheyrou as the DM, Warner/Creavalle, Osorio at the two Cm positions. Bradley in front of them. Bradley's with USMNT so Osorio moved up to AM.

ronzilla
06-06-2015, 06:32 PM
A few streams

http://livetv.sx/en/eventinfo/315958_dc_united_toronto/#webplayer_liveall|a4dp923kkernr4_nieskuu7s3|31595 8|304247|64|1|en

http://www.rojadirecta.me/goto/megatvhd.tv/live/8.php

James17930
06-06-2015, 06:32 PM
we've being going with a 4-4-2 diamond the last few games. Cheyrou as the DM, Warner/Creavalle, Osorio at the two Cm positions. Bradley in front of them. Bradley's with USMNT so Osorio moved up to AM.

Right. So then why put Warner out there in an attacking role? Seems an odd choice.

molenshtain
06-06-2015, 06:35 PM
Right. So then why put Warner out there in an attacking role? Seems an odd choice.

He has a decent passing range and is pretty athletic. Has shown some skill on the ball too. He's better as a supporting CM who has to attack and defend in equal measure than shielding a backline by himself. He's not that good positionaly.

Dv23
06-06-2015, 06:37 PM
I literally groan every time Creavalle touches the ball. So atrocious. And right as I type this he misses a sitter.

JavierMartini
06-06-2015, 06:39 PM
ugh, no finesse crevalle lol

ag futbol
06-06-2015, 06:40 PM

Warmers been very good as a "wide" MF. More so in the play sturdy help the team way as opposed to bombing up and down the flank.

James17930
06-06-2015, 06:41 PM
He has a decent passing range and is pretty athletic. Has shown some skill on the ball too. He's better as a supporting CM who has to attack and defend in equal measure than shielding a backline by himself. He's not that good positionaly.

Over the years one of the failings of TFC coaches has been that they almost always prefer to play veteran players out of position as opposed to younger players in their proper position. It never works out. This is another example.

__wowza
06-06-2015, 06:41 PM
two posts for osario in two games.

this man can't buy a goal.

__wowza
06-06-2015, 06:43 PM
so wait, a handball justifies a corner but not a penalty.. right..

portu
Handball stone fucking cold penalty what the actual fuck

JavierMartini
arnaud just handball in the box rofl

molenshtain
Over the years one of the failings of TFC coaches has been that they almost always prefer to play veteran players out of position as opposed to younger players in their proper position. It never works out. This is another example.

I really don't think it's that. No one has really given Warner a negative review since we switched to this formation. One of the failings of TFC coaches over the years is refusing to adapt and get the best out of their players. This is an example of us finally doing so.

James17930
06-06-2015, 06:44 PM
Wow ... a blind officiating crew.

Interesting. I'm all for equal opportunity and all, but ...

molenshtain
Gioooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooooo

Dv23
Yeah baby. Another fantastic goal.

portu
06-06-2015, 06:45 PM
Giovinco Giovinco Giovinco Giovinco Giovinco

daner90
Fuck your hand ball!!!!! Seba again!

Bishop Blaize
Fair play to Moore. Great finish by seba

ag futbol
Are you kidding me on that not being a penalty? Give me a fucking break

James17930
Wow.

Red CB Toronto
What moves, pure beauty. Man are we lucky to be able to watch him week in week out. He is dam special.

cherono
Man, he really IS "tearing this league apart"...
A pleasure to watch Giovinco each week

ag futbol
God damnit, I had to jump in a cab 30 seconds before that happened

Dv23
I have to say something though. Gio scored, and for about 10 seconds, nobody even ran up to him to congratulate him. Osorio sauntered slowly up but that's it. I hate to say it but I've been feeling like there are some issues between Gio and his teammates. I see him yelling at them a lot and acting out in frustration when a pass goes bad.

dupont
What a fucking goal! Holy shit!

PopePouri
06-06-2015, 06:46 PM
Another useless contribution.

ag futbol
Fair play to Moore. Great finish by seba
Moore looks sharp today

InDa_110
Holy crap.
Thanks Juve!
Lol!

James17930
06-06-2015, 06:47 PM
What moves, pure beauty. Man are we lucky to be able to watch him week in week out. He is dam special.

So how long before the inevitable 'he's not happy here/hates the coach/isn't happy with the team' etc. etc. etc.

cherono
:cool:

__wowza
Man, he really IS "tearing this league apart"...
A pleasure to watch Giovinco each week

the words "tear this league apart" have never been more relevant.
supporters around the league FEAR toronto coming to town because of this man.

Richard
06-06-2015, 06:49 PM
Most talented player MLS history, its not even a discussion.

Richard
06-06-2015, 06:50 PM
Oh and those refs need to turn in their membership, your either legally blind or grossly incompetent.

James17930
06-06-2015, 06:50 PM
I have to say something though. Gio scored, and for about 10 seconds, nobody even ran up to him to congratulate him. Osorio sauntered slowly up but that's it. I hate to say it but I've been feeling like there are some issues between Gio and his teammates. I see him yelling at them a lot and acting out in frustration when a pass goes bad.

Same thing ended up happening with Defoe, right? Him thinking he's so much better than the rest of the team, so that anytime anything doesn't work he pouts about it.

Is this like a 'DP-syndrome' thing?

InDa_110
06-06-2015, 06:52 PM
So how long before the inevitable 'he's not happy here/hates the coach/isn't happy with the team' etc. etc. etc.

Can you not just enjoy what we finally have here?
Jeez. You should hook up with my ex wife. Same attitudes.

molenshtain
06-06-2015, 06:52 PM
Same thing ended up happening with Defoe, right? Him thinking he's so much better than the rest of the team, so that anytime anything doesn't work he pouts about it.

Is this like a 'DP-syndrome' thing?

let's not give this credence. Gio is fine. everything's fine. We don't need to turn every good thing into a an imminent disaster.

Richard
06-06-2015, 06:53 PM
Fuck me Osorio.

Red CB Toronto
06-06-2015, 06:54 PM

He loves being here, remember he is a family man, with a young child, making more money he could ever dream about totally away from the circus that is big four footy in Europe. He and his wife can enjoy all the things this city has to offer in peace.

James17930
06-06-2015, 06:55 PM
Oh, believe me, I want to stay positive. It's just that this isn't the first time I've seen someone comment that Gio looks pissed off all the time.

But you guys are right. Don't create problems. Just wait and see what happens.

69Chevy396
06-06-2015, 06:57 PM
Fuck me Osorio.
Osorio is aware of the GMs scouting for his eventual replacement. He is a serviceable MLS midfielder, but has so many flaws in his game, making him expendable. No other team in the league would start him.

69Chevy396
06-06-2015, 06:59 PM
Oh, believe me, I want to stay positive. It's just that this isn't the first time I've seen someone comment that Gio looks pissed off all the time.

But you guys are right. Don't create problems. Just wait and see what happens.
That is fire in the belly you are seeing. That, has been lacking here more than anything.

JavierMartini
06-06-2015, 06:59 PM
Seba is a class above :D

JavierMartini
06-06-2015, 07:00 PM
That is fire in the belly you are seeing. That, has been lacking here more than anything.

I agree, you can tell how into the game he is. We've been missing that kind of fire for a long time.

pdubs
06-06-2015, 07:01 PM
We are the better team. Our attack is immense even with Jozy and Bradley out.

Fuck the "giovinco isn't happy" comments. Giovinco does not look pissed. Frustrated when the play doesn 't work but he ALWAYS gives the thumbs up and encourages his teammates. That's all I've seen. Let's be positive for once maybe? Like fuck

molenshtain
06-06-2015, 07:01 PM
Osorio is aware of the GMs scouting for his eventual replacement. He is a serviceable MLS midfielder, but has so many flaws in his game, making him expendable. No other team in the league would start him.

Other than the fact that Osorio has a few flaws, everything here is conjecture or is just straight up false (your last point). This is a good team. Everyone starting today could be of use to every team in the league.

MagicPig
06-06-2015, 07:02 PM
I agree, you can tell how into the game he is. We've been missing that kind of fire for a long time.

not everyone appreciates "fire" though.

ag futbol
06-06-2015, 07:06 PM
We are the better team. Our attack is immense even with Jozy and Bradley out.

Fuck the "giovinco isn't happy" comments. Giovinco does not look pissed. Frustrated when the play doesn 't work but he ALWAYS gives the thumbs up and encourages his teammates. That's all I've seen. Let's be positive for once maybe? Like fuck
I believe this is called playing with the intensity needed to win, something we've never seen before! (Outside of Bradley)

ronzilla
06-06-2015, 07:07 PM
Seba was the same in Serie A, always yelling at team mates, he's just passionate about the game. It's not like he holds grudges with his team mates. Its just the way he is.

Anyways, TFC is going to snag 3 points tonight.

portu
06-06-2015, 07:08 PM
Sportsnet loves its foreign language goal calls

Defoe
06-06-2015, 07:09 PM
Osorio is great at playing the ball backwards... really is not able to take on defenders an attack. He's not an attacking type of player... he's a serviceable player and that's it. He's a good back up midfielder and that's pretty much how there using him with Bradley unable to go.

Alonso
06-06-2015, 07:10 PM
Fuck me Osorio.

LOL.... so out of context it's too funny.

Which orifice would you like it?

[NBF]
06-06-2015, 07:12 PM
jackson should always be in the lineup, ahead of collen warner

molenshtain
06-06-2015, 07:12 PM
Warner off for Jackson.

Doucet3
06-06-2015, 07:15 PM
Stream Please?, Thanks.

Alonso
06-06-2015, 07:15 PM
Osorio is great at playing the ball backwards... really is not able to take on defenders an attack. He's not an attacking type of player... he's a serviceable player and that's it. He's a good back up midfielder and that's pretty much how there using him with Bradley unable to go.

I disagree, his link up plays are great and his pass completion is through the roof.

He's consistently putting in great through balls to the forwards.

Osorio is the real deal... this is only his third year in the league if I remember correctly and he's still improving.

[NBF]
06-06-2015, 07:16 PM
zavaleta plying tonight???

Dv23
06-06-2015, 07:17 PM
Looking so sharp even without Bradley and Altidore. Can't wait to see what this team does down the stretch. Very exciting stuff.

Knock on wood but I can see us getting the three points tonight. (Also, every time I write a comment, Creavalle does something horrible. Noticing a pattern).

James17930
06-06-2015, 07:20 PM
Stream Please?, Thanks.

http://viphd.net/viphd4.html

__wowza
06-06-2015, 07:21 PM

but we had such high hopes for him..

http://i.imgur.com/bxHHqHT.png

pdubs
06-06-2015, 07:21 PM
Jackson... We all know you can't cross... You know you can't cross. Just tap the ball to giovinco

__wowza
06-06-2015, 07:23 PM
is it just me our does our defence close up like a trash compactor whenever they get into our defensive third?

the number of shots they've taken from outside the box is worrying, the number of crosses they could've thrown in is even more worrying.

__wowza
06-06-2015, 07:26 PM
what the fuck just happened konopka?

there was no pressure on him whatsoever, no nudging, no shoving, he just flubbed on it.

Dv23
06-06-2015, 07:26 PM
Konopka bailed out by the Linesman on that one. Oh boy.

pdubs
06-06-2015, 07:27 PM
He needs some pine tar on those gloves

Bishop Blaize
That's a joke. Terrible

James17930
I think I just suffered a minor stroke ...

Alonso
06-06-2015, 07:28 PM
OK, we gotta start calling him "Miami Vanney" or "Sonny Crockett" lol....

He's got the look.

Defoe
06-06-2015, 07:29 PM
I disagree, his link up plays are great and his pass completion is through the roof.

He's consistently putting in great through balls to the forwards.

Osorio is the real deal... this is only his third year in the league if I remember correctly and he's still improving.

I agree he's good at moving the ball around, excellent pass competition. I disagree he consistently put's great balls through for good attacking oppurtinties. Maybe one or two a game. He's a serviceable player, I just don't see him as a critical player in our attack.

I like that he doesn't make stupid plays. Rarely ever makes a mistake.

__wowza
06-06-2015, 07:39 PM
I agree he's good at moving the ball around, excellent pass competition. I disagree he consistently put's great balls through for good attacking oppurtinties. Maybe one or two a game. He's a serviceable player, I just don't see him as a critical player in our attack.

I like that he doesn't make stupid plays. Rarely ever makes a mistake.

i agree with the last part, but somehow maturing in that sense sacrificed some of his playmaking ability we've seen in pervious seasons.

__wowza
06-06-2015, 07:39 PM
surprisingly i don't hate creavalle this game and i usually give at least one "FUCK!! CREAVALLE!!" every match.

James17930
06-06-2015, 07:40 PM
Jackson's passing/shooting has been terrible.

pdubs
06-06-2015, 07:40 PM
Jackson is so unbelievably frustrating.

pdubs
06-06-2015, 07:42 PM
surprisingly i don't hate creavalle this game and i usually give at least one "FUCK!! CREAVALLE!!" every match.

As long he isn't at RB I'm ok.

Dv23
06-06-2015, 07:43 PM
Silva coming on to do what Ex-TFC players do to us. I'm gonna go pray to the Towrads in the hope that I can break the curse.

flamehawk
06-06-2015, 07:43 PM
uh oh, Silva coming on.

Also just makes me think how afraid I'd be if we lose Giovinco. I am happy with how the rest of the team has been doing, but he really carries the team.

Defoe
06-06-2015, 07:44 PM
Man Morgan has been great. Much better player then Bloom.

Bishop Blaize
06-06-2015, 07:45 PM
;1746888']jackson should always be in the lineup, ahead of collen warner

Serious

molenshtain
06-06-2015, 07:46 PM
altidore on for moore?

James17930
Jozy. Interesting.

Richard
Hmm.

Red CB Toronto
06-06-2015, 07:47 PM
JOZY, great to see!!!

__wowza
06-06-2015, 07:48 PM
i don't know how i feel about this.. is this gonna be one of those "we should've brought hamilton" things? :(

Eastend
Altidore on here so he's allowed to play for USA later this week? Seems early no?

Dom

Bishop Blaize
Great shift by moore

Red CB Toronto
06-06-2015, 07:49 PM
Fuck yeh,

Richard
Fuuuuuck yes

Eastend
Wow!

Bishop Blaize
06-06-2015, 07:50 PM
Genius

tfcfans
Wow!!

pdubs
Jozy with the IQ. Speechless

Red CB Toronto
Seba is on fire

James17930
Happiness is nice.

flamehawk
Holy Crap! Shear Class!

molenshtain
06-06-2015, 07:51 PM
I love everybody

Red CB Toronto
JOZY being out there, being the dummy opened up Seba with the space to launch a rocket !!!

Blixa
I just had an orgasm.

Altidore assist of the season.

__wowza
06-06-2015, 07:52 PM
I love everybody

I LOVE YOU TOO! have i ever actually met you? IT DOESN'T MATTER BUDDY!! BRING IT IN!! :grouphug:

Defoe
06-06-2015, 07:52 PM
Altidore won't get the assist but amazing. That's what ya pay for boys

fdasilva
06-06-2015, 07:53 PM
Is there anything this man can't do?! In previous seasons we'd be in bunker mode by now, but my word!! GIO-VINCO

ag futbol
06-06-2015, 07:53 PM
I love everybodyno one has ever said this on the rbp forum before. Where is your bitterness?

__wowza
06-06-2015, 07:54 PM
no one has ever said this on the rbp forum before. Where is your bitterness?

SHUT UP AND BRING IT IN!! :grouphug:

portu
06-06-2015, 07:54 PM
Giovinco is God

Bishop Blaize
06-06-2015, 07:56 PM
Why do that cheyrou

__wowza
06-06-2015, 07:57 PM
we're shutting up shop.

here come the heart palpitations..

portu
06-06-2015, 07:58 PM
Konopka is done playing for this club

Bishop Blaize
Terrible keeper

James17930
Okay, Bendik back in next game.

molenshtain
When the fuck has Morgan ever, ever, ever, had the balls, the confidence, or the ability to make that tackle?

This team is firing on all cylinders. This is a statement win today.

Blixa
Konopka for fuck's sake.... WTF?

Red CB Toronto
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7xsVF_XTEs

With a few changes, this song should be Seba's Theme Song. It is so fitting !!!

Boy On Fire

James17930
06-06-2015, 08:00 PM
Best thing Konopka has done all night.

Bishop Blaize
I just had an orgasm.

Altidore assist of the season.

Funny u say that. How many Will give moore credit for his assist

pdubs
I know it's popular to hate bendik but.... Geeze konopka

__wowza
06-06-2015, 08:01 PM
goddamn.

tfcfans
Woo Hoo!!

20 game unbeaten streak is over!!

James17930
Wowza.

Bishop Blaize
06-06-2015, 08:02 PM
What pants is fanney wearing

billyfly
Holy Cow they (Giovinco) keep winning.

This is a weird feeling.

tfcfans
The scary part is that this was not a fluke --- they deserved to win....

The lucky shirt lives on!!

Suds
Huge!

Blixa
That's massive 3 points for us.

TorontoFC6fan
06-06-2015, 08:04 PM
can somebody please explain to me why vanny is wearing skinny jeans lol

billyfly
Hey Peter Galindo, he just be the best player after all.

__wowza
y'know.. can i just make a point about our growth from previous seasons?

two years ago, we would've shut up shop and let a goal in.
it happened time and time again, it was almost laughable.
now it's not an expectation, now it's an anomaly.

how good does that feel?

__wowza
06-06-2015, 08:05 PM
Wowza.

sup? g:D