PDA

View Full Version : Should ML$E tarp off the new deck

Qman
05-31-2015, 11:08 AM
with the first few games drawing 15-20k actually in the building, should the club tarp off the new deck so there is a better atmosphere. Rewatched the game on PVR, and the east stands look as full as a impact game right now.
I'm all for more leg room, but my section was less than half full last night.

SkokoFC
05-31-2015, 11:18 AM
I think if the team keeps playing the way they are then more and more people will come out to games at the stadium. Another problem is how ML$E priced the new stands, I wouldn't pay that much for those seats

Mateo1985
05-31-2015, 11:25 AM
Stadium will fill up a lot better during no rain days. Yesterday was actually quite awesome (given the weather) attendance wise. Not worried about the empty seats at all

JavierMartini
05-31-2015, 11:26 AM
no, they should put the prices at $20 like the "bradley" code deals for the opener in the upper deck. It was full. It's mlse's greed that's shooting them in the foot. It's not hard to put 2 and 2 together. The south end is always full, why? Because the market accpets that as a fair price. Price the second deck fairly and it will be full, simple.

Pint
05-31-2015, 11:38 AM
17k yesterday was amazing considering the storms that rolled through the GTA before the game.

ag futbol
05-31-2015, 12:09 PM
no, they should put the prices at $20 like the "bradley" code deals for the opener(in the upper deck. It was full. It's mlse's greed that's shooting them in the foot. It's not hard to put 2 and 2 together. The south end is always full, why? Because the market accpets that as a fair price. Price the second deck fairly and it will be full, simple.
Couldn't agree more. MLSE is always jumping the gun on pricing. They just can't help themsleves.

billyfly
05-31-2015, 12:39 PM
17k yesterday was amazing considering the storms that rolled through the GTA before the game.

Over the years , "Rain Games" (and there have been many) are the best atmosphere. Don't care about the numbers.

JuliquE
05-31-2015, 12:50 PM
no, they should put the prices at $20 like the "bradley" code deals for the opener(in the upper deck. It was full. It's mlse's greed that's shooting them in the foot. It's not hard to put 2 and 2 together. The south end is always full, why? Because the market accpets that as a fair price. Price the second deck fairly and it will be full, simple.
Truer words..

Over the years , "Rain Games" (and there have been many) are the best atmosphere. Don't care about the numbers.
Co-sign; something about the resiliency of the remaining "few" really amps things up, and I think everyone looks around and answers the call of duty to make up for those gone missing.

Wagner
05-31-2015, 01:54 PM

it is really interesting how rain games are the best.

my take is that only those that really want to be there are there.
and bring it in spite of the conditions.

JavierMartini
05-31-2015, 02:37 PM
it is really interesting how rain games are the best.

my take is that only those that really want to be there are there.
and bring it in spite of the conditions.

Something about rain people go mental for. Also some of the best comeback wins have been in the rain @ bmo

Red CB Toronto
05-31-2015, 02:40 PM
Who will ever forget the great goals by Weids and Jonathan in the rain. But to be honest in regards to tarps, I am sure a bunch of tickets have been sold up there, so I just do not see them being able to do it.

Pookie
05-31-2015, 03:02 PM
If they sold seasons up there they can't tarp it without moving the people.

They could do a New England thing. Move the 220's to the east side so it looks full for the cameras.

portu
05-31-2015, 03:22 PM
They just need to bring down the price make it like $5 and it'll be full all the time

OgtheDim
05-31-2015, 03:24 PM
Its only hurts the atmosphere on TV. There are usually a couple of big blocks of people. Give it time.

Mateo1985
05-31-2015, 03:27 PM
I honestly never even look at the East Stands during the game. Way to much awesome going on in the South Stands and the pitch lol

Auzzy
05-31-2015, 04:49 PM
Look at some games from other teams, and other leagues around the world. There are lots of better teams and better leagues that have smaller crowds. Not something I'm worried about.

I'm sure MLSE isn't too happy about it though. No way they'll tarp part of the stands, that would be a huge admission of failure, after having just expanded the stadium.

As others have mentioned, there are more sold seats up there than we can see in attendance. Let's see how things develop with better results, and better weather in the summer.

Red CB Toronto
05-31-2015, 05:17 PM
I can easily see some 25K plus crowds during the summer, especially during the EX and with all the games in August. Seba is really starting to cause some buzz. No worries here.

Blowing Bubbles
05-31-2015, 05:36 PM
Ownership has nobody to blame but themselves. Seattle is still pulling in crowds in excess of 40,000.

MKR
05-31-2015, 07:04 PM
How much are the tickets? I honestly expected them to be in the $20 range.

kodiakTFC
05-31-2015, 07:05 PM
Stadium will fill up a lot better during no rain days. Yesterday was actually quite awesome (given the weather) attendance wise. Not worried about the empty seats at all

I agree. I was shocked that many people showed up. I bet we average 25ish if we keep winning.

prizby
05-31-2015, 07:17 PM

nice to see them actually announce something closer to the attendance rather than ticket sales (considering they have 20k season tix)

Blixa
05-31-2015, 07:38 PM
Don't tarp it off just yet. Better weather plus more games like the one yesterday and we'll be looking at 25-27k in no time. This town is begging to get behind a winning team.

habstfc
05-31-2015, 08:44 PM
As other's have stated, there are already ssh and individual seats sold up there. I sat there for the first game against Houston. People next to me were new ssh. Seats have been sold in all sections and price levels for all games this year. ticketmaster says "not many left" for the NYCFC and Impact games on their site. I assume tickets are scarce for those games. There were probably 2-3k in the new deck for yesterdays game.

SuperTCP
05-31-2015, 09:11 PM
You hit the nail on the head.

I think if the team keeps playing the way they are then more and more people will come out to games at the stadium. Another problem is how ML$E priced the new stands, I wouldn't pay that much for those seats

Fort York Redcoat
06-01-2015, 08:05 AM
They are not going to tarp it off the first season its open.

Pookie
06-01-2015, 08:12 AM
As other's have stated, there are already ssh and individual seats sold up there. I sat there for the first game against Houston. People next to me were new ssh. Seats have been sold in all sections and price levels for all games this year. ticketmaster says "not many left" for the NYCFC and Impact games on their site. I assume tickets are scarce for those games. There were probably 2-3k in the new deck for yesterdays game.

I read that too and now have a problem.

"Not Many Left" for a Wednesday night game left my eyebrows permanently raised. Can't wait to see what that actually looks like on TV.

I would hope that they aren't creating artificial scarcity by only selling the more expensive seats to those that actually do want to see the team for the first or second time. Guess we'll see.

Red CB Toronto
06-01-2015, 08:16 AM
The new upper deck on the east side is priced completely different than the one of the west side. In some cases the comparable seats are three prices category. They may have missed on the pricing somewhat here, just like they did for the first season of the north stand, which was mostly empty until it was adjusted to a lower price. Time will tell for sure, but no way it gets tarped over regardless of the situation.

http://seasonseats.torontofc.ca/img/BMO-FieldV2.png

Detroit_TFC
06-01-2015, 12:04 PM
nice to see them actually announce something closer to the attendance rather than ticket sales (considering they have 20k season tix)

I was a bit surprised by that too.

Pint
06-01-2015, 12:21 PM
The number or people in that upper deck will always be a subject for discussion but here is my take:

Between the number people on the concourse, people who go to the southend or stand on the terrace above the south and the people who go to the beer patio on the north end we likely have a fair number of tickets sold and in stadium but who are not in seat.

ManUtd4ever
06-01-2015, 01:20 PM
Loudest game of the year on Saturday despite the attendance.

RealG-TFC
06-01-2015, 06:24 PM
The new upper deck on the east side is priced completely different than the one of the west side. In some cases the comparable seats are three prices category. They may have missed on the pricing somewhat here, just like they did for the first season of the north stand, which was mostly empty until it was adjusted to a lower price. Time will tell for sure, but no way it gets tarped over regardless of the situation.

Meanwhile, for the Gold Cup:

http://s1.ticketm.net/tm/en-ca/tmimages/venue/maps/tor/62490s.gif

Qman
06-01-2015, 06:29 PM
if your outside the southstands, don't really see any need to buy season tickets anymore.
you can basically buy the cheapest seats single game and move down into any section u want.

TorontoFC6fan
06-01-2015, 07:50 PM
why would they trap off the new deck ? thats basically admitting they wasted money by adding it.. MLSE will never do that. I don't blame people for not showing up to fill it anyways. the team has never made the playoff.. if TFC makes the play offs that place will be jam pack.

Marc"2L"
06-01-2015, 09:16 PM
Who will ever forget the great goals by Weids and Jonathan in the rain. But to be honest in regards to tarps, I am sure a bunch of tickets have been sold up there, so I just do not see them being able to do it.

You can thank Andy Welsh who started the trend.
The night we beat the champions.

Hamilton_Red
06-05-2015, 09:13 PM
That upper deck is for CFL fans - it wasn't built for soccer. Seems crazy to have expanded the stadium without regular full houses causing pressure.

molenshtain
06-05-2015, 09:18 PM
if we get a result tommorow, and if it's a nice day on the 20th, I bet we get close to capacity against NYCFC.

OgtheDim
06-05-2015, 10:51 PM
That upper deck is for CFL fans - it wasn't built for soccer. Seems crazy to have expanded the stadium without regular full houses causing pressure.

Uh, no.

There are solid blocks of people up there.

And the sound is better because of it.

Pookie
06-06-2015, 05:42 AM
why would they trap off the new deck ? thats basically admitting they wasted money by adding it.. MLSE will never do that. I don't blame people for not showing up to fill it anyways. the team has never made the playoff.. if TFC makes the play offs that place will be jam pack.

Maybe.

Wouldn't that be ironic though if it wasn't full for the playoffs? Wonder what MLSE would do? Their whole model is about getting DPs and "proving they can pay for them" (Tim Leiweke). Playoffs and ticket scarcity are the path to increases.

Alonso
06-06-2015, 09:10 PM

If this team keeps playing like this the city is going to bust a nut all over that stadium.

It'll be sold out for the foreseeable future.

Expect ticket prices to go up next year.

Defoe
06-06-2015, 09:14 PM
I'm moving downtown next week. I don't have cable so I'll be watching every game at the bar or the stadium, and that depends on prices.

Alonso
06-06-2015, 09:22 PM
I'm moving downtown next week. I don't have cable so I'll be watching every game at the bar or the stadium, and that depends on prices.

Keep your eye on the ticket trader thread....