07-24-2008, 05:52 PM
you godda give DeRo some love no?

James17930
07-24-2008, 08:43 PM
Especially after winning the game like he did :D

Ossington Mental Youth
07-24-2008, 09:04 PM
Gave him plenty of love.
Screamed "COME HOME, DE RO", "WE CAN LOVE YOU LIKE THAT TOO" (in reference to us chanting "PUT ON BRENNAN")
He heard and waved.
Ended up cheering for MLS.
Was a fun game.

Draracle
07-24-2008, 09:31 PM
I cheered MLS all the way. Still booed Becks and Landy, but I would rather support my league when there are so many EPL-jerks telling me how much TFC sucks.

The cheers for Brennan were epic. Loved every second.

BigD
07-24-2008, 11:48 PM
The lady behind me (not a regular) commented as to why the NEE was pelting Becks with streamers for his corner.

I said cause he is one of the scum we hate all the rest of the year why would we cheer for him. She asked who they were there to watch and I said "Jimmy B".

I commented on the silliness that is an all-star game and how soccer fans are passionate and can't support other teams and their players which is (one of the reasons) why you don't see All-Star teams in other leagues. The expection being national team players like DeRo.

She responded with "I thought we were more civilized then that"

Last night CityNews was talking about Becks playing and then transitioned to "To real soccer fans this game is more important than Beckham" ... and I was like WHAT? WHY? HUH? This game is pointless marketing BS with no basis in meaning or tradition.

RealG-TFC
07-24-2008, 11:53 PM
lol don't mind her.

RealG-TFC
07-24-2008, 11:55 PM
CityNews is a joke. All they are there for are weather and traffic updates.

loconet
07-24-2008, 11:59 PM
She responded with "I thought we were more civilized then that"

Picturing that soccer mom saying that made me puke a little (and I'm a very civilized guy).

BigD
07-25-2008, 12:05 AM
Picturing that soccer mom saying that made me puke a little (and I'm a very civilized guy).

I switched seats with my buddy just to avoid hearing her behind me cause I would have been tempted to explain the concept of being a club supporter and how we are civilized but not willing to blindly cheer for someone just cause we are told that is who we should be supporting that night for show ... but i figured she still wouldn't understand the concept and I would have wasted energy

Jeff s
07-25-2008, 01:17 AM
Last night CityNews was talking about Becks playing and then transitioned to "To real soccer fans this game is more important than Beckham" ... and I was like WHAT? WHY? HUH? This game is pointless marketing BS with no basis in meaning or tradition.

Saw that to and reacted the same way. I can't believe they said such bullshit.

UltraSuperMegaMo
07-25-2008, 01:26 AM
I know I was in the minority at BMO, but I had a hard time getting into the game. Couldn’t bring myself to cheer from the All-Stars (other than Brennan) and had a hard time getting behind West Ham.

Normally, I don’t have any trouble finding a rooting interest, but it just didn’t happen for me tonight. I think it might have been the massive lineup to get in / the problems with the ticket scanning machines.