PDA

View Full Version : Prizby on Fan590 05/26

GabrielHurl
05-25-2015, 04:15 PM
Prime Time Sports with Jeff Blair and Stephen Brunt

TFC07
05-25-2015, 04:28 PM
Well done Prizby.

You hit all the notes related to Argos to BMO field topic. Hopefully Rogers FO were listening and decide to speak up and cause some havoc to make life harder for Bell and Larry T with their project (Argos) at BMO field.

I can't believe I am saying this, but for once, Rogers is good guy and might do something right for once.

Cashcleaner
05-25-2015, 04:29 PM
Had to take a Skype call halfway through. Anyone got the coles notes of the discussion?

reggie
05-25-2015, 04:33 PM
Brunt has become such a bluejay hack.

KevinRoughRider
05-25-2015, 04:34 PM
CFL supporter here in peace and I have to say, I don't understand why Mike kept going off on a tangent when Jeff Blair was leading you towards where you wanted to go? The Argos will never get their own stadium so to suggest they get one is moot. They cut you off because you did not follow their lead.

OgtheDim
05-25-2015, 04:36 PM
Where were they trying to take it?

prizby
05-25-2015, 04:41 PM
Glad we could get more of the message across

CFL supporter here in peace and I have to say, I don't understand why Mike kept going off on a tangent when Jeff Blair was leading you towards where you wanted to go? The Argos will never get their own stadium so to suggest they get one is moot. They cut you off because you did not follow their lead.

they cut me off because the next guy was scheduled to go at 5:10 and it was already 5:20...as for Jeff trying to lead me; I was getting 3 or 4 or 5 questions thrown at me at once; very hard to keep up like that.

billyfly
05-25-2015, 04:45 PM

In reality - yes

But in ideal - why did Hamilton get a stadium thru the Pan AM games and WE (Toronto) didn't?!

So Ontario and Canada, that we can't be seen as getting something.

KevinRoughRider
05-25-2015, 04:45 PM
Not where he did. Anyway, I don't want to add fuel to the fire. I've done too much of that.

I would like to start rooting for TFC one day so hopefully both sets of fans can learn to get along.

OgtheDim
05-25-2015, 04:49 PM
...But in ideal - why did Hamilton get a stadium thru the Pan AM games and WE (Toronto) didn't?!

Cause BMO is way newer then Ivor Wynne. And Joey Pants didn't want the WWC in Toronto to get in the way of the Pan Am games, cause some people have this irrational idea that we will get an Olympics out of the Pan Am games.

billyfly
05-25-2015, 04:50 PM
Cause BMO is way newer then Ivor Wynne. And Joey Pants didn't want the WWC in Toronto to get in the way of the Pan Am games, cause some people have this irrational idea that we will get an Olympics out of the Pan Am games.

Joey Pant-load.

I hate that guy.

MightyDM
05-25-2015, 05:00 PM
Glad we could get more of the message across

they cut me off because the next guy was scheduled to go at 5:10 and it was already 5:20...as for Jeff trying to lead me; I was getting 3 or 4 or 5 questions thrown at me at once; very hard to keep up like that.

At a press conference Kissinger once said "do you guys have any questions for my answers".....

reggie
05-25-2015, 05:04 PM
its funny that they never actually talk about the team on field on that bluejay infomercial station,SEBA may be the most exciting athlete we in the city right now?

TFC07
05-25-2015, 05:27 PM
Blue Jays and baseball in general sucks.

I understand Rogers own Blue Jays, but their constant Blue Jays/Baseball talk is killing their radio station (especially now that Tim and Sid left radio).

However, I wouldn't be too harsh on Blair who happens to be a soccer guy (even though he isn't a TFC fan). So at least we get some soccer talk in mainstream radio show. But at least Fan590 isn't bad as TSN radio (lol) who desperately need better radio hosts.

jason
05-25-2015, 05:29 PM
TFC supporter residing in the Lone Star state. I listened to your interview on 590 this afternoon and thought you did well. Jeff Blair is much more supportive of soccer as compared to Bob McCown. Continuing efforts to bring attention to the conflict will only help grow the support for TFC.

ag futbol
05-25-2015, 05:42 PM
Well agreed as a single tenant they wouldn't - but you throw in a YorkU type of situation with multiple uses and the economics start to come together. GTA and especially the 905 is under served stadium wise.

Maybe there are no good partners to be had or the league wants a centrally located Toronto team, but that's unfortunate IMO.

prizby
05-25-2015, 05:56 PM
TFC supporter residing in the Lone Star state. I listened to your interview on 590 this afternoon and thought you did well. Jeff Blair is much more supportive of soccer as compared to Bob McCown. Continuing efforts to bring attention to the conflict will only help grow the support for TFC.

Cheers; just the tip of the iceberg there...this discussion could really be talked about for an hour; wish they'd have a forum to debate the issue with an argos fan or something like that

---

For those looking, Jeff Blair starts talking around the 9 minute mark:

Was back on Prime Time Sports today...starting around the 9 minute point...don't start talking until the 12 minute point

http://pmd.fan590.com/podcasts/pts/pt_20150525_175502--Prime-Time-Sports---May-25---5pm.mp3

Red4ever
05-25-2015, 06:02 PM
"I'm still gonna call it a protest" -Jeff Blair

haha

Cashcleaner
05-25-2015, 07:22 PM
Cheers; just the tip of the iceberg there...this discussion could really be talked about for an hour; wish they'd have a forum to debate the issue with an argos fan or something like that

---

For those looking, Jeff Blair starts talking around the 9 minute mark:

Was back on Prime Time Sports today...starting around the 9 minute point...don't start talking until the 12 minute point

http://pmd.fan590.com/podcasts/pts/pt_20150525_175502--Prime-Time-Sports---May-25---5pm.mp3

Thanks for the link, Priz. Great interview! Also, I'm glad we've got people steering this discussion away from the "protest word". I certainly don't consider it one and I think it's important to make that distinction to the uninformed. The black shirts and quiet supporters section was a symbolic gesture more than anything else.

GuelphStorm2007
05-25-2015, 11:34 PM
its funny that they never actually talk about the team on field on that bluejay infomercial station,SEBA may be the most exciting athlete we in the city right now?

I agree but the media in Toronto tend to criticize skilled athletes like Mats Sundin, yet glorify guys like Tie Domi,

bones
05-26-2015, 07:48 AM
Would be nice if they shut the F up about water and chit chat at the beginning and leave more time for proper discussion.

Good job getting a couple of very strong points across there PriZby!

One point I was hoping to have come out was that given this will ruin the pitch, there is direct evidence via the NFL games in Wembly {on Desso}, the National team will not be here. A slow support death of TFC and no national team means a SIGNIFICANTLY BACKWARDS step for Soccer in Canada.

Still Kicking
05-26-2015, 07:53 AM
I respect your "in peace" approach. Hope this comes across in the peaceful mode....
I grew up with CFL football as the family passion. Somehow the decline of the Argos in the 90's arrived in my life at the same time as the rise in soccer - playing it, my kids playing it and my coaching. I disagree strongly about the Argos never getting their own stadium and I have a bias or perhaps a template. When I need my fix of Canadian football the place I go to is Guelph. The Guelph Gryphons have a wonderful basic stadium. The coach, Stu Lang has made some serious investments in the playing surface and a scoreboard. The Gryphons have a razzle dazzle approach to offence and are in love with multiple uniforms (they want to be the U of Oregon of the North). You probably know that Hamilton Ti-Cats used the Guelph stadium for a season (2013). I personally think that the only thing that will save pro Canadian football in Ontario is a creative small scale approach in population centres neglected such as KW, Guelph, Mississauga, Halton, Durham, York Region. Sure it is a long shot, but creative ways can be found. First thing is to find young leaders, not old guys living off of CFL nostalgia...
Apart from the field fears from a TFC perspective, another fear is that the Argos will have a better attendance 2016 and then the novelty will wear off and more Canadians will travel to Bills games than attend Argo games.... Larry T and Bell - not the creative ownership approach needed. One is a NFL dreamer and the other is just reducing losses.. I think it is long term CFL decline fears that underline TFC fans concerns - we are compromising the field for a Hail Mary project...

OgtheDim
05-26-2015, 08:07 AM
Would be nice if they shut the F up about water and chit chat at the beginning and leave more time for proper discussion.

One point I was hoping to have come out was that given this will ruin the pitch, there is direct evidence via the NFL games in Wembly {on Desso}, the National team will not be here.

The Wembley evidence is based on a grass to weave mix that has less weave then what will be here. i.e. We do not know. Every desso installation is different.

And the CSA hasn't said boo about not using BMO going forward.

Fort York Redcoat
05-26-2015, 08:48 AM
The Wembley evidence is based on a grass to weave mix that has less weave then what will be here. i.e. We do not know. Every desso installation is different.

And the CSA hasn't said boo about not using BMO going forward.

Pretty tired of this crap(not your fault).

We've been talking for MONTHS about the surface, knowing only that it will suffer with groundshare and now the day arrives and passes to get ACTUAL info on the surface that could very well allay some of our concerns AND....

3million dollars
hybrid
90% natural grass( I've heard, no confirmation)

YOU say Desso but that's just what WE'VE been assuming since it was mentioned in a presentation as an EXAMPLE.

Don't give me a fn beer about it

GIVE ME A NAME

C.Ronaldo
05-26-2015, 09:02 AM
just off the top of my head, why was lamport a non starter in the discussion of stadiums for the argos? Im sure it could be expanded to a decent size.

Fort York Redcoat
05-26-2015, 09:05 AM
just off the top of my head, why was lamport a non starter in the discussion of stadiums for the argos? Im sure it could be expanded to a decent size.

Infrastructure is the leading detriment. Getting 30k(hopefully) in and out of a stadium that has nowhere near that in parking would be a costly engineering issue.

That said, rumour has it lamport just changed hands so someone may have some engineering to do...

C.Ronaldo
05-26-2015, 09:09 AM
I respect your "in peace" approach. Hope this comes across in the peaceful mode....
I grew up with CFL football as the family passion. Somehow the decline of the Argos in the 90's arrived in my life at the same time as the rise in soccer - playing it, my kids playing it and my coaching. I disagree strongly about the Argos never getting their own stadium and I have a bias or perhaps a template. When I need my fix of Canadian football the place I go to is Guelph. The Guelph Gryphons have a wonderful basic stadium. The coach, Stu Lang has made some serious investments in the playing surface and a scoreboard. The Gryphons have a razzle dazzle approach to offence and are in love with multiple uniforms (they want to be the U of Oregon of the North). You probably know that Hamilton Ti-Cats used the Guelph stadium for a season (2013). I personally think that the only thing that will save pro Canadian football in Ontario is a creative small scale approach in population centres neglected such as KW, Guelph, Mississauga, Halton, Durham, York Region. Sure it is a long shot, but creative ways can be found. First thing is to find young leaders, not old guys living off of CFL nostalgia...
Apart from the field fears from a TFC perspective, another fear is that the Argos will have a better attendance 2016 and then the novelty will wear off and more Canadians will travel to Bills games than attend Argo games.... Larry T and Bell - not the creative ownership approach needed. One is a NFL dreamer and the other is just reducing losses.. I think it is long term CFL decline fears that underline TFC fans concerns - we are compromising the field for a Hail Mary project...

Agreed, small town approach and tailgating. I would attend that. I dont mind CFL, its acutally prefer it much more to NFL style.

GabrielHurl
05-26-2015, 09:36 AM
Infrastructure is the leading detriment. Getting 30k(hopefully) in and out of a stadium that has nowhere near that in parking would be a costly engineering issue.

That said, rumour has it lamport just changed hands so someone may have some engineering to do...

Stick a 4 level underground parking garage underneath it

Beach_Red
05-26-2015, 09:39 AM

Surely there's an empty Target store somewhere in town that could be turned into a stadium. It would already have a parking lot.

Fort York Redcoat
05-26-2015, 10:15 AM
Stick a 4 level underground parking garage underneath it

Are you confident that would be in the realm of affordability for an Argos CFL stadium?

I don't know if you're joking. You're usually serious on these matters.

I agree its possible, I mean, we're not talking remote clouds or even retractable anything but, again, an Argos only-stadium would have to make BMO look extravagant. By then there may be NASL in the picture.

james
05-26-2015, 10:33 AM

very tight space in and around Lamport stadium. Very small roads around it with mostly just one lane in each direction traffic with no main off ramp from the high way leading you straight to the stadium. I have been to games in England in stadiums built surrounded by densely built neighbourhoods with no parking ( pretty much everyone in London would take the Tube, train or bus on game day) and very narrow streets surrounding it, well it works for them, driving on game day is probably a nightmere tho and would take hours to get out on game day over here as less people use transit over here..it wouldn't bother to me as I don't drive, id take transit but to many people over here would lose there shit and not want the stadium built in Lamport location id imagine. I think Lamport would be very costly to engineer the whole area to acomodate 30k stadium.

C.Ronaldo
05-26-2015, 11:00 AM
very tight space in and around Lamport stadium. Very small roads around it with mostly just one lane in each direction traffic with no main off ramp from the high way leading you straight to the stadium. I have been to games in England in stadiums built surrounded by densely built neighbourhoods with no parking ( pretty much everyone in London would take the Tube, train or bus on game day) and very narrow streets surrounding it, well it works for them, driving on game day is probably a nightmere tho and would take hours to get out on game day over here as less people use transit over here..it wouldn't bother to me as I don't drive, id take transit but to many people over here would lose there shit and not want the stadium built in Lamport location id imagine. I think Lamport would be very costly to engineer the whole area to acomodate 30k stadium.

then BMO is gonna piss off alot of CFL fans, it too is a disaster to get in and out of. Albeit, not as bad as lamport

The hipsters by lamport would probably scare away the "supposed" older gen CFL fans

GabrielHurl
05-26-2015, 11:41 AM
Are you confident that would be in the realm of affordability for an Argos CFL stadium?

I don't know if you're joking. You're usually serious on these matters.

I agree its possible, I mean, we're not talking remote clouds or even retractable anything but, again, an Argos only-stadium would have to make BMO look extravagant. By then there may be NASL in the picture.

I was just joking yes - but hey it could be a revenue tool for them when there are no games on

As for a stadium fitting - the "old" BMO would easily fit within the footprint of Lamport

http://i.imgur.com/DO0ersb.png

http://i.imgur.com/x7rkjPc.jpg

Fort York Redcoat
05-26-2015, 12:24 PM
I was just joking yes - but hey it could be a revenue tool for them when there are no games on

As for a stadium fitting - the "old" BMO would easily fit within the footprint of Lamport

Wow.

Nice work. Very interesting pics man.

C.Ronaldo
05-26-2015, 01:18 PM

http://i.imgur.com/DO0ersb.png

http://i.imgur.com/x7rkjPc.jpg

yah i though it would, thanks for doing the leg work. and ther is plenty of space to build a nearby parking structure if they really wanted

prizby
05-26-2015, 04:29 PM
Surely there's an empty Target store somewhere in town that could be turned into a stadium. It would already have a parking lot.

oh man...that made me laugh good...had to share it :)

C.Ronaldo
05-27-2015, 10:44 AM
oh man...that made me laugh good...had to share it :)

for me its too soon, just too soon. Im still mourning the loss. Where will I find my reasonably priced decor and beaver canoe apparel

james
05-27-2015, 10:59 AM
yah i though it would, thanks for doing the leg work. and ther is plenty of space to build a nearby parking structure if they really wanted

cool to see, the pictures are interesting. I still will say tho BMO field has much more open space around with big parking space and the wide open Lakeshore BLVD road that can handle a lot of traffic. Lamport much less parking space, with more narrow roads like Dufferin Street and King Street as the main road ways into the stadium. That all said, its doable, you see it around the world and in England all the time. But they would just have to be prepared to have very slow, congested traffic on game day, and it really wouldn't be the best spot for people driving in, big majority of fans would really have to consider taking public transit on game day and leaving there cars at home, or parking at Exhibition by BMO field and walking 15 mins to Lamport Field.

Fort York Redcoat
05-27-2015, 11:20 AM
cool to see, the pictures are interesting. I still will say tho BMO field has much more open space around with big parking space and the wide open Lakeshore BLVD road that can handle a lot of traffic. Lamport much less parking space, with more narrow roads like Dufferin Street and King Street as the main road ways into the stadium. That all said, its doable, you see it around the world and in England all the time. But they would just have to be prepared to have very slow, congested traffic on game day, and it really wouldn't be the best spot for people driving in, big majority of fans would really have to consider taking public transit on game day and leaving there cars at home, or parking at Exhibition by BMO field and walking 15 mins to Lamport Field.

I think the point is

If they wanted to spend money they don't have for a CFL stadium they could build enough parking for Lamport.
The local traffic would be worse than any other stadium in Toronto.

GabrielHurl
05-27-2015, 11:26 AM
Yeah - I'm not saying they should build there - I'm saying they could fit a stadium on that piece of land

C.Ronaldo
05-27-2015, 12:43 PM
your right, was wondering why it was never brought up as a location.

Downview would be optimal, or woobine race track, etc..

nice open space, bring in food trucks for tail gating, almost like the town Fair

james
05-27-2015, 11:01 PM
I think the point is

If they wanted to spend money they don't have for a CFL stadium they could build enough parking for Lamport.
The local traffic would be worse than any other stadium in Toronto.

ya spot on, that is the point.