PDA

View Full Version : flags in 114

sully
05-25-2015, 01:27 PM
I can't remember what the group is called at the bottom of 114 - they do a really great job of making a great atmosphere in 114 and supporting the team. But here the "but". The flags are always up - regardless if the play is at the other end of the field or in our end - this means all the people in 10, 15 or so rows behind them can't see the match properly.

There was a bit of a row on saturday between some of their members and some people behind them who wanted to be able to watch the game.. Iike I said, I think they do a great job of what they are doing, it is clearly shown on the signage in the south that in this section you can have banners and flags etc. but at what point do you cross a line?

I don't know what the solution is, but wondering what people think...I think there's only going to be more issues between people in 114 if something doesn't change..

OgtheDim
05-25-2015, 01:35 PM
One View

They are in a supporters section - flags will happen when and wherever - warnings on the tickets. They all know it.

The Other View

If we can't see the game, we can't support.

Wagner
05-25-2015, 01:38 PM
we wrestled with this as a group.
the guys are bringing it, but if you can't see the game, why are you there?

Ossington Mental Youth
05-25-2015, 01:40 PM
i never mind flags but for me its at points when the game isnt going on (breaks/pauses etc), never seemed to make sense to me to block peoples views and not pay attention to the game.
Thats me tho

sully
05-25-2015, 01:47 PM
To me a simple common sense solution is when the play is in our end then put the flags down. But these guys don't make that distinction , at least in the 2 games I've been to so far..

Ultra & Proud
05-25-2015, 02:01 PM
I am learning to live with it but I admit it is pretty bothersome during opposite side corners since I can't see anything until the play is over.

Mateo1985
05-25-2015, 02:05 PM
I've spent two games so far at the bottom of 114 since this is where my seat is. What I do is I just try to get on either side of the group to the lowest row possible. It's not a solutions for everyone of course...

As soon as I can re-locate to 112, I will do that.

TOBOR !
05-25-2015, 02:17 PM
NEE used to do that in 127 as well.

Pint
05-25-2015, 02:22 PM
Had issues in 116 this year with flags as well... i can see how flags for 90min would be irritating but it amazes me how many people don't understand that flags will be up at times during run of play.

Wagner
05-25-2015, 02:38 PM
D,
you have them down during corners in the SW corner.

Where i am at the back of 115, people are complaining about not seeing corner kicks in the SE corner, because of the flags.

C.Ronaldo
05-25-2015, 02:39 PM
solution!

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/4e/13/40/4e13407ee20cb005c0489e50fb5dc908.jpg

GreatWhiteNorth
05-25-2015, 03:40 PM
Flags are one thing, those were static banners. Flags are generally in motion, and are brief distractions. Those banners were in place for quite a long period of time. The idea of flags and banners is for support of the team, but in this instance, I personally would have taken issue with the Argos protest. I understand that people are upset, but you shouldn't affect other people's experience at the field in the process.

Fly the flags, in support of the team. Blocking the view of others for long periods of time is not the way to do it, and goes against the purpose of allowing flags and banners in the supporter sections.

Fort York Redcoat
05-25-2015, 04:11 PM
Only 2 options in that section and both mean leaving your seat.

It's out of our control.

Yagbod
05-25-2015, 04:20 PM
The banners won't be up again like that. I can't imagine TFC doing something more heinous than the Argos thing which is what brought it about.

The flags aren't likely to change.

I'm not going to join this debate, just wanted to say that.

-Inebriatti

Red4ever
05-25-2015, 05:24 PM
They're pretty disrespectful to fellow supporters for leaving flags up, but they don't care so whatever. I'm glad they're not in 112.

I had seats in 114 and didn't bother going over. If security had of asked me, that's what I would have said.

RedRum
05-25-2015, 06:49 PM
My 9 year old has come up with a revolutionary solution to this problem by taking a few steps left or right. In light of this, MENSA has decided to waive testing and age eligibility restrictions for him.

mistercorporate
05-25-2015, 07:28 PM
There's plenty of empty seats in the new deck, just waltz your way up there if you're more interested in seeing the action (great sight lines). That being said, waving flags from time to time is okay but keeping large banners up is quite discourteous to fellow supporters. Balance is key.

Ivy
05-25-2015, 07:34 PM
You may agree or disagree with the concept, but they're perfectly within their right to do so; just as anybody else is in the south end. The only options you really are accepting the seats for what they are (which is clearly stated on the tickets, online, and throughout the section), or asking your ticket rep to relocate you.

but complaining online about the fact that you can't see the game from the section that has arguably the worst sight lines in the stadium seems a little weak. There are many many people who will gladly trade you their light grey seats for your yellows.

Red4ever
05-25-2015, 07:54 PM
I think there is a far cry from complaining online to using it to persuade like-minded individuals who feel its disrespectful. Lord knows we use this forum to discuss improvements on game day experience in nearly every other aspect.

I think if I bought a seat in row one of 112 and blocked the whole sections view with a 12x 12 two stick, people would change their tune, so some of the arguments are, with all due respect, terrible.

ChrisFizik
05-25-2015, 07:54 PM
banner thing mostly unique to saturday.....and of course the guys knew it would block, but priority for the day I'm sure was message display

on the regular matchday flag issue....not much to do, but as colourful as it looks, it does seem a bit too concentrated for flags..maybe space out a bit 114? better distribution - broader support haha

anyways, better that they're not even in here reading this. Good luck as it progresses

Eastend
05-26-2015, 06:19 AM
My solution after game 1 was to move. From what I witnessed they are not going to change so why stay there and get pissed off every game. There could be a balance but I dont see that happening. I am all for support but I am also for consideration of my fellow supporters. My new seats have a better view and I can watch the game I paid for and I did feel for the people still there that wanted to see our team play but couldn't for long periods.

Dom

Bishop Blaize
05-26-2015, 06:58 AM
I'm further up 114, so my view wasn't too badly blocked most of the time,but a lot of other people were livid in that area.
Wave them pre game to get atmosphere going, wave them when we score, apart from that no need, they don't look great, they are antagonising other fans, and then they are trying to get the very fans they are blocking to follow them when they are singing. Supposed to be a supporters section, supporters should be united. Don't like this at all, as I say doesn't hurt me too much but a lot of good people I know it does. At the very least spread the flags out a bit.Singing out loud brings way more atmosphere than waving a few tatty flags, let's get behind our team 100% instead of arguing with each other.

Fort York Redcoat
05-26-2015, 08:13 AM
What I'll be bringing up about this issue is that 114 was to be distributed equally between the groups, halving the section. Instead its just a mass of people that won't agree on how to support. Ridiculous. By next season or sooner that section should be split so most people can support the way they want.

One fact that needs to reiterated is that at least half of 114 will NOT change. That's what they moved there for. I hope people can get where they need to be to enjoy their 114 experience.

GA doesn't work unless it's agreed upon.

Jack
05-26-2015, 09:03 AM
The banners from Saturday were a one-off specifically intended to send a message during the silence held up until 23:13. As for the waving flags, my understanding was that after the first home game where people raised the issue, the Montreal game was better, was it not?