PDA

View Full Version : Manchester City game must not being selling well ?

Red CB Toronto
05-21-2015, 09:36 AM
Just got this email. Outside of taking a refund, it offered you tickets to one of the next three games including the Manchester City game. Interesting.

https://bay182.mail.live.com/Handlers/ImageProxy.mvc?bicild=&canary=JV5cDW5ewyTlGebnEWCQ7gmHyC2fgFaKIi8kyFYxZpY %3d0&url=http%3a%2f%2fimages.fans.mlse.com%2fEloquaImag es%2fclients%2fMapleLeafSportsEntertainmentLtd%2f% 257B0131260b-fa02-4943-9e5d-9c8b5e2c24ce%257D_TFC-Header2015.jpg

You currently have a credit for a value tiered match for the Amway Canadian Championship Final. We are giving you a limited time offer to apply this credit towards the same number of seats that you have in your account for the best seats available to any upcoming TFC match in May.

This survey must be completed by Thursday, May 21st at 5 PM. Tickets will be uploaded into your account on Friday, May 22nd if you selected our match against Portland on May 23rd or Monday, May 25th if you select an alternate match.

Toronto FC
//All For One

Joe Kool
05-21-2015, 09:42 AM
They wanted $50 each for my seats in the supporter section and I have 4 seats. I wasn't about to drop $200 on that but I would be willing to take 4 seats to the game if they want to give them to me. Sounds like they are offering a credit towards the seats though. Might be expecting us to pay a difference. If so, I will take my money back.

TFC07
05-21-2015, 09:43 AM
This what happens when you over charge for friendly game while treat your fanbase (you know people most likely would go to these friendlies) like crap.

If ticket prices were more reasonable while TFC show more respect to their customers than I wouldn't mind going to this friendly game.

Mateo1985
05-21-2015, 09:44 AM
So as south end supporters we can still get this Man City ticket without paying anything extra? I'm personally not interested in this game at all so I will just stick with the refund.

ryan
05-21-2015, 09:46 AM
How dare these cunts ask us for that kind of money for this bullshit cash grab friendly, spit on us with the Argos bullshit, then turn around and beg us to show up so they don't look like fools with a half empty stadium?

Eat dicks MLSE. I want my money. If I wasn't so bloody poor I'd take the MC tickets just to ensure the seats were empty.

Derko
05-21-2015, 09:48 AM
So as south end supporters we can still get this Man City ticket without paying anything extra? I'm personally not interested in this game at all so I will just stick with the refund.

I think it is a credit and you have to pay the difference. The way I am reading it is I have 5 seats I will be credited $ per seat and have to purchase 5 seats best available in the lower bowl and pay the difference? Am I correct?

bones
05-21-2015, 09:49 AM
How dare these cunts ask us for that kind of money for this bullshit cash grab friendly, spit on us with the Argos bullshit, then turn around and beg us to show up so they don't look like fools with a half empty stadium?

Eat dicks MLSE. I want my money. If I wasn't so bloody poor I'd take the MC tickets just to ensure the seats were empty.

+1000000000

Mateo1985
05-21-2015, 09:53 AM
I think it is a credit and you have to pay the difference. The way I am reading it is I have 5 seats I will be credited $ per seat and have to purchase 5 seats best available in the lower bowl and pay the difference? Am I correct?

Thanks Derko,

It's jokes though. They have choke on it... lol paying the difference really? After this week? The good thing is that if the stadium is half empty, MLSE will suffer, Not TFC. I'm taking that refund for sure.

Red CB Toronto
05-21-2015, 09:55 AM
Its ticket for ticket with them being uploaded to your account manager either tomorrow if you selected the Portland game or Monday if you picked either Man City or San Jose. Its a credit for a ticket.

OgtheDim
05-21-2015, 10:09 AM
Not interested. Took my money back.

Carter
05-21-2015, 10:13 AM
Ev'rything's a lie and that's a fact
Life is a lemon and I want my money back

GBV
05-21-2015, 10:23 AM
Our email references only the Man City game:

You currently have a credit for a value tiered match for the Amway Canadian Championship Final. We are giving you a limited time offer to apply this credit towards the same number of seats that you have in your account for the best seats available to our match against Man City.

Fort York Redcoat
05-21-2015, 10:31 AM
Haha

Look at the friendlies growing the game, MLS.

Joe Kool
05-21-2015, 10:32 AM
Got the email now so it looks like you don't pay any extra, they give you a ticket for ticket swap. I didn't realize this was next week already....time flies. I will go to both weekend TFC games that matter and skip this one. My daughter is playing her soccer game that night so I would rather see that and take the family to dinner after with my refund. Hope they get used to the emptier stadium....will look that way on a regular basis if there is any evidence of football on the pitch in 2016. So glad I didn't buy tickets for $50 each for my set of four. This would have really pissed me off that everyone else is being offered ticket if I had paid. Another piss off for some supporters that purchased their seats for this game already I am sure.

Jack
05-21-2015, 10:55 AM
They can give me my money back.

Relja
05-21-2015, 10:56 AM
I am pissed as I bought tickets to go with my dad and now couldve gotten them for free....

Ossington Mental Youth
05-21-2015, 10:59 AM
I'm glad they asked this so they can now know I stand opposed to stupid friendlies like these

Red CB Toronto
05-21-2015, 10:59 AM
I am pissed as I bought tickets to go with my dad and now couldve gotten them for free....

I am in the same boat, having bought three to celebrate my dad's birthday with dinner beforehand. With it being my dad's birthday and his desire for a weekday, we were going regardless so these tickets now mean more people can come to our party.

kwhisperer
05-21-2015, 11:04 AM
Has anyone actually done this yet? The email I got is vague - it looks like it's a one-for-one swap but I don't want to end up being on the hook for more money.

FRANKIE65
05-21-2015, 11:06 AM
My email was also only for the friendly. No thanks, I'll take my cash.

Red CB Toronto
05-21-2015, 11:08 AM
Has anyone actually done this yet? The email I got is vague - it looks like it's a one-for-one swap but I don't want to end up being on the hook for more money.

Its a one for one ticket swap with them being put in your account manager.

kwhisperer
05-21-2015, 11:12 AM
Its a one for one ticket swap with them being put in your account manager.

Thanks! I just did it so ...meaningless match, here I come :)

Ivy
05-21-2015, 11:13 AM
"Hello TFC supporters,

Since we don't actually care about Amway, we will be substituting your cup finals tickets with free tickets to the Man city game. We're sorry you're mad and that we didn't beat the impact. Please forgive us and come to this friendly for free"

...What a normal club should do.

Pint
05-21-2015, 11:18 AM
to quote old dirty bastard "you better give me that money"

Joe Kool
05-21-2015, 11:21 AM
"Hello TFC supporters,

Since we don't actually care about Amway, we will be substituting your cup finals tickets with free tickets to the Man city game. We're sorry you're mad and that we didn't beat the impact. Please forgive us and come to this friendly for free"

Since we paid for the Amway final already they need to refund that money first then offer us tickets for it to be actually free....but they ain't doing that. Might have a better shot at getting some bums in the seats though if they did.

Fort York Redcoat
05-21-2015, 11:29 AM
"Hello TFC supporters,

Since we don't actually care about the Voyageurs Cup, the Champions League, or all the attention other teams get from it, we will be substituting your cup finals tickets with free tickets to the Man city game. We're sorry you're mad and that we didn't beat the impact. Please forgive us and come to this friendly with big money players that doesn't mean a damn thing for free.

4eva Besties,

MLS productions and the new marketing of NYCFC"

Just a tweak here and there for effect.

bones
05-21-2015, 12:18 PM
so do nothing and in 30 days we'll get you your money or fill out the question.... clicks give me my damn money... thank you your request for refund will be processed in 30 days... :facepalm:

mastermixer
05-21-2015, 01:19 PM
I only received an option to get the Man City tickets. Is there a reason that some people are worthy of more options on tickets than me? I have no desire whatsoever to go see Man City during the middle of the week.

notthesun
05-21-2015, 01:22 PM
Larson also tweeted recently that he's heard ticket sales for the game are slow.

Red CB Toronto
05-21-2015, 01:29 PM
Larson also tweeted recently that he's heard ticket sales for the game are slow.

That is the truth.

Waggy
05-21-2015, 01:44 PM
to quote old dirty bastard "you better give me that money"

Hey, Pinty. TFC got your money don't you worry. said hey, Pinty! TFC got your money

One of my friends/the captain of my indoor team is from manchester and a big city fan and when I told him don't expect many TFC fans to show up for this friendly he looked confused. I'll tell him this for the LOLs. TFC. They're like, colour blind to what their legit fans actually think. I really don't get it.

TFC Cityboy
05-21-2015, 01:49 PM
City away end is sold out. MCFC Toronto out in full voice and full force and bevvied up no doubt.

I totally get the whole pointless mid season friendly stuff but unlike other previous matches without an organized away support, us Blues will outchant TFC at BMO.
I had hoped to watch the first half from 115 then join the City end, but with none of the regulars attending, I'll be with my blue brethren. Clad in City shirt and TFC scarf #halfscarfwanker

Auzzy
05-21-2015, 01:52 PM
Got the email now so it looks like you don't pay any extra, they give you a ticket for ticket swap. I didn't realize this was next week already....time flies. I will go to both weekend TFC games that matter and skip this one. My daughter is playing her soccer game that night so I would rather see that and take the family to dinner after with my refund. Hope they get used to the emptier stadium....will look that way on a regular basis if there is any evidence of football on the pitch in 2016. So glad I didn't buy tickets for $50 each for my set of four. This would have really pissed me off that everyone else is being offered ticket if I had paid. Another piss off for some supporters that purchased their seats for this game already I am sure.

Wow good point, way to piss off any SSH'ers who had already purchased tickets for Man City. With the added effect: if there's ever another friendly in the future that you might be interested in, best to wait until the last minute to see what their best offer is.

Ultra & Proud
05-21-2015, 01:52 PM
This is what they get for scheduling these friendlies and for announcing the Argos thing right before offering this ticket exchange.

They see things so skewed that they think this is like doing us a big favor. "We're saving these rubes like $30 a ticket. They should kiss our ass". I wouldn't take this ticket even if I cared for City or any other match because I am not helping them make that stadium look full and save face. I hope this whole match is a disaster from start to finish. They deserve that much.

Auzzy
05-21-2015, 01:54 PM
I don't want to wish it on anybody even though the suits deserve the fallout -- but can you imagine if after all this, any important TFC player is injured during the match?

cmonyoureds
05-21-2015, 01:56 PM
I'd love to know how many people that ponied up for the Real Madrid gong show still go to BMO on a regular basis.

Yeah, you'll get some City fans in there, but it would seem the TFC fans are sending a message loud and clear on this one.

Fort York Redcoat
05-21-2015, 01:57 PM
I don't want to wish it on anybody even though the suits deserve the fallout -- but can you imagine if after all this, any important TFC player is injured during the match?

How many are left?

*Gallows humour* (they be dropping like flies onto the injury report)

Red CB Toronto
05-21-2015, 02:02 PM
One SSH posted on twitter they paid $320 for their six season tix for the Man City game. The total value of same tix for V-Cup Final was $62. In some cases people are getting tickets to the game next Wednesday for as a little as $8 based on the invoice price.

OgtheDim
05-21-2015, 02:04 PM
City away end is sold out. MCFC Toronto out in full voice and full force and bevvied up no doubt.

I totally get the whole pointless mid season friendly stuff but unlike other previous matches without an organized away support, us Blues will outchant TFC at BMO.

That happens every friendly. Enjoy the experience.

Brooker
05-21-2015, 02:10 PM

I totally get the whole pointless mid season friendly stuff but unlike other previous matches without an organized away support, us Blues will outchant TFC at BMO

Outsing casuals and people who got tickets for free while supporters will be spending the night doing better things? Truly impressive. :D

Joe Kool
05-21-2015, 02:14 PM

I had hoped to watch the first half from 115 then join the City end, but with none of the regulars attending, I'll be with my blue brethren. Clad in City shirt and TFC scarf #halfscarfwanker

Definitely cool for the City fans I am sure. Have a good time. For me I just have zero interest in seeing our bench team with a couple starters take on their bench team with a few starters especially when it is a team in the EPL I don't support. Plus I am cringing at the possibility that we get any more injuries.

Derko
05-21-2015, 04:23 PM
Does anyone really know if this is a straight swap, not that I am interested, but my dad and a few of his pals are interested?

Red CB Toronto
05-21-2015, 04:36 PM
Does anyone really know if this is a straight swap, not that I am interested, but my dad and a few of his pals are interested?

It is a straight swap as confirmed by TFC.

Derko
05-21-2015, 04:57 PM
It is a straight swap as confirmed by TFC.

Thank you, my dear old dad is going to the match.

sully
05-21-2015, 05:28 PM
I'm often surprised by the often high degree of cluelessness that MLSE seems to have about their paying customers. I can't understand why an organization with the resources of mlse can't work out that for people who are TFC supporters and go to the games regularly, a mid-season friendly is an unwelcome distraction. They are risking players and at the very least tiring them out for what matters - league games. A supporter often takes things personally - to pretend that this game is "Our City against Man City" is just condescending. They don't seem to get that - maybe they see a football game at BMO much like going to the cinema - entertainment only. Similarly, they don't get why Argos in BMO is such an issue for many supporters - it's not only about the grass - it's also about BMO field being TFC's home and that that identity is so important - "This is Our House" is no more.

Fort York Redcoat
05-22-2015, 06:22 AM
I'm often surprised by the often high degree of cluelessness that MLSE seems to have about their paying customers. I can't understand why an organization with the resources of mlse can't work out that for people who are TFC supporters and go to the games regularly, a mid-season friendly is an unwelcome distraction. They are risking players and at the very least tiring them out for what matters - league games. A supporter often takes things personally - to pretend that this game is "Our City against Man City" is just condescending. They don't seem to get that - maybe they see a football game at BMO much like going to the cinema - entertainment only. Similarly, they don't get why Argos in BMO is such an issue for many supporters - it's not only about the grass - it's also about BMO field being TFC's home and that that identity is so important - "This is Our House" is no more.

While I agree with most of your sentiment it's the league that mandates these friendlies. Teams have to have so many in a certain numbers of years. What that number is I don't know but it wouldn't be hard to decipher looking at other team scheds over the years.

Ossington Mental Youth
05-22-2015, 06:42 AM
I wrote in to my ticket rep to let em know why we didnt take them up on the offer. Its worth passing that message down the line.

denime
05-22-2015, 06:46 AM
I replied on TL lete and recived phone next day,they wanted to know why am I concidering not coming back in 2016,and so on.

It's worth to reply,they will call you and then you can let them have it.

bones
05-22-2015, 08:10 AM
I replied on TL lete and recived phone next day,they wanted to know why am I concidering not coming back in 2016,and so on.

It's worth to reply,they will call you and then you can let them have it.

Done! I didn't think that outgoing email addy would receive email. Gave it a shot.

Red CB Toronto
05-22-2015, 08:21 AM
If you use Twitter getting a reply here is much a guarantee.

https://twitter.com/TorontoFC_SSH

SenorDingDong
05-22-2015, 12:50 PM
I see it as being low for 3 reasons.

1.) Its a weekday
2.) Its Man City - if it were Barcelona, Real Madrid, Man U this would be sold out instantly.
3.) Most serious TFC Supports HATE these mid season friendlies - especially after losing Altidore for 5-6 weeks.

Bishop Blaize
05-22-2015, 01:07 PM

hey bud, what section are City fans in

TFC Cityboy
05-22-2015, 01:58 PM
hey bud, what section are City fans in 204/205 or thereabouts -not sure as I don't have tickets in hand yet but that was what I was told

Red CB Toronto
05-22-2015, 04:55 PM
They just send out an email with a staff discount code for the game next Wednesday, with the ability of buying a maximum 50 tickets. Just for fun I tried for 50 and low and behold they were made available to me. It threw back section 209, rows 14-18, seats 13-22. 10 seats in a row x5. LOL

glaze
05-22-2015, 08:13 PM
They literally can't give tickets away to this Man City game.

I'll take my refund please.

Petor
05-23-2015, 07:21 AM
Man City leave out Aguero for US post-season tour but EDS starlets included
http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/man-city-leave-out-aguero-9315250

Pookie
05-23-2015, 07:31 AM
Are they even advertising for this game?

Red CB Toronto
05-23-2015, 07:43 AM
They literally can't give tickets away to this Man City game.

I'll take my refund please.

Keep your eyes open would not be surprised at all if at some point out and about around BMO freebies could be handed out in some way.

Auzzy
05-23-2015, 10:15 AM
Are they even advertising for this game?

I'm constantly seeing ads for it all over the web. I've also seen ads in the paper. I don't watch much TV so I don't know about that.

zeelaw
05-23-2015, 10:25 AM

Go ahead lol

BuSaPuNk
05-23-2015, 11:15 AM
I'm constantly seeing ads for it all over the web. I've also seen ads in the paper. I don't watch much TV so I don't know about that.

Ads online are usually generated by your history in your cashe so not a huge judge on promotion.

I've seen nothing outside of TFC material. Would think they would pander to the masses but i guess not.

Hope they do take a bath on things game so that there more reluctant to make less meaningless friendlies part of there plan moving forward.

dupont
05-23-2015, 11:35 AM
Hope they do take a bath on things game so that there more reluctant to make less meaningless friendlies part of there plan moving forward.

That's exactly what I was thinking. Although they probably view it as a way to recoup the money spent on DP player salaries. So I hope that doesn't dissuade them from spending the money in the future.

Richard
05-23-2015, 11:53 AM
I'm pretty sure its mandated by MLS to hold friendlies with foreign clubs mid season. #GetUsedToIt

BuSaPuNk
05-23-2015, 12:07 PM
I'm pretty sure its mandated by MLS to hold friendlies with foreign clubs mid season. #GetUsedToIt

There are clubs that dont do them. Even if there one offs like we have one this year and next year we don't i can live with that.

Every single year is a bit much.

Auzzy
05-23-2015, 12:08 PM
Ads online are usually generated by your history in your cashe so not a huge judge on promotion.

I've seen nothing outside of TFC material. Would think they would pander to the masses but i guess not.

I use lots of different computers/devices, and have seen TFC ads even when I have no history on a device. So it is probably also related to location.

Today is another half-page ad in the Star sports section. I've seen other big ads in Toronto papers. If you consider the ads, appearance fees & everything else, they're probably taking a big bath on this.

BuSaPuNk
05-23-2015, 12:09 PM
That's exactly what I was thinking. Although they probably view it as a way to recoup the money spent on DP player salaries. So I hope that doesn't dissuade them from spending the money in the future.

It is but if they were scheduled better there wouldnt be such a huge backlash from the majority of people about the game.

RedsYNWA
05-23-2015, 12:19 PM
I miss the Carlsberg Cup :(

zeelaw
05-24-2015, 07:44 AM
Man City leave out Aguero for US post-season tour but EDS starlets included

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/man-city-leave-out-aguero-9315250

The radio ad suggest otherwise. lol

FRANKIE65
05-24-2015, 09:16 AM
Latest sales tactic is 20% off code on Facebook.

brad
05-24-2015, 09:23 AM
^^On Instagram as well

haroldp
05-24-2015, 11:33 AM
On Ticketmaster, the only seats available appear to be in the new east side upper deck. Looks like MLSE sold (assigned?) at least the lower bowl and most of the west side upper deck. So could be 20k range on Wednesday. Unless most of the lower bowl is on hold for SSH offer and remain to be actually sold.

Oldtimer
05-24-2015, 12:10 PM

Not mandated, but revenue sharing doesn't apply to these friendlies, so there is a huge incentive to hold them.

GabrielHurl
05-25-2015, 08:04 AM
On Ticketmaster, the only seats available appear to be in the new east side upper deck. Looks like MLSE sold (assigned?) at least the lower bowl and most of the west side upper deck. So could be 20k range on Wednesday. Unless most of the lower bowl is on hold for SSH offer and remain to be actually sold.

Yes - on the email they sent with the 20% offer the only seats available were for the new expansion

mdc 77
05-25-2015, 08:28 AM
Did anyone here opt to receive the City tickets instead of getting the refund? Do they have those tickets in their account manager yet?

Primavera
05-25-2015, 08:55 AM
Did anyone here opt to receive the City tickets instead of getting the refund? Do they have those tickets in their account manager yet?

Yes, and not yet.

Borga
05-26-2015, 09:18 AM
We got our free seats - 4 in section 108, face value $122 each.

Laiping
05-26-2015, 09:56 AM
Since I paid for our Manchester City tickets and did not understand the survey correctly. I will have to wait till the Exception list is looked into. It will not be uploaded till tomorrow 1:00pm! That's not what I was originally told numerous times by reps form TFC staff!!! Not happy with beening misinformed again and again!!!

james
05-27-2015, 11:35 PM
they asked me on Tuesday to either get a refund for the Concacaf Champions League game we missed out on or put the money towards the Man City friendly...And i still would have to pay about $60 a ticket.....nope. Refund.

Stadium looked pretty empty today, maybe 17k. These expensive friendlies are getting old. Maybe a good thing the attendence was low, maybe Toronto FC fans actually care about meaningful league games more now!

Brooker
05-28-2015, 01:58 AM
They announced 23k. Lol. Suuuuuuuuure.

Ivy
05-28-2015, 04:06 AM
I believe it... From the pics I've seen (not the ones at kick off) the lower sections were pretty much full, and like half of the new 200's.

Derko
05-28-2015, 06:47 AM

Whatever. Winston Smith

Borga
05-28-2015, 12:07 PM
We parlayed our $9 refund into $122 face value tickets, row 30 in section 108, almost dead centre on the field. Great seats and the evening's entertainment was well worth the $9 foregone.

Red CB Toronto
05-28-2015, 01:53 PM
I had a great time too with my dad and brother down at the game. What a beautiful night down by the lake, no rain at all, the sun set was amazing. On the pitch it was fun to see some of the world's best while also seeing some of the Reds kids get a run out. Plus what a save off the face by Alex Bono, something I am sure he will never forget and might even still feel!!