PDA

View Full Version : Jozy out 4-5 weeks !!

Red CB Toronto
05-19-2015, 10:04 AM
The hamstring that forced Jozy out of Saturday's evening game in New England will now keep him off the pitch for the next 4-5 weeks. It will be interesting to see who steps up and fills the void.

http://www.torontofc.ca/news/2015/05/altidore-out-4-5-weeks

Areathrasher
05-19-2015, 10:05 AM
Balls

Derko
05-19-2015, 10:09 AM
Isn't this the exact play and exact place that did in Danny Koevermans season. Message to MLS Get rid of the fucking turf

OgtheDim
05-19-2015, 10:09 AM
Somebody remind me when USMNT players were heading to Gold Cup camp?

jabbronies
05-19-2015, 10:10 AM
Somebody remind me when USMNT players were heading to Gold Cup camp?

seriously...We may not have him back until late July/August.
By then, TFC will be out of the playoffs and we will be on our 10th manager?

Carter
05-19-2015, 10:11 AM
Gold Cup starts in July, for the month of, so camp I am guessing late June.

BuSaPuNk
05-19-2015, 10:13 AM
This is exactly why the leauge should be getting away from shitty turf fields and why we should have sat Jozy, Gio and Bradley. Exactly because of this.

brad
05-19-2015, 10:13 AM
So it begins. Again.

OgtheDim
05-19-2015, 10:16 AM
And the most likely game to see him back again is................

at NER.

C.Ronaldo
05-19-2015, 10:25 AM
calm down, we have luke moore

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/f/f2/Moore%2C_Luke.jpg

trane
05-19-2015, 10:32 AM
This is why you cannot be lackadaisical when you fail to pick up point the way we have in the start of the season. It is not over, but it could very well be.

OgtheDim
05-19-2015, 10:32 AM
Just want to point out a tad difference between the lineup we will field after Jozy goes down and the one we fielded after Danny K went down.

:willy_nilly:is not necessary.

http://www.torontofc.ca/news/2012/07/reds-keep-rolling-third-win

(http://www.torontofc.ca/news/2012/07/reds-keep-rolling-third-win)

Detroit_TFC
05-19-2015, 10:34 AM
This calls for Dike to be recalled but I don't think the FO will do it.

ManUtd4ever
05-19-2015, 10:35 AM
Damn.

trane
05-19-2015, 10:35 AM
^ Sure except even with Jozy and the offense clicking we did not pick up enough points. There is not reason to panic, but we need to get serious soon, or we are headed to another could have been season.

Detroit_TFC
05-19-2015, 10:36 AM
And the most likely game to see him back again is................

at NER.

Yikes. That's tempting fate with double middle fingers.

OgtheDim
05-19-2015, 10:42 AM
^ Sure except even with Jozy and the offense clicking we did not pick up enough points. There is not reason to panic, but we need to get serious soon, or we are headed to another could have been season.

We need to win games at home, starting with this weekend. We havn't dropped that many points given how few games we have played at BMO.

4 out of the next 5 are at home. If we end June without being in a playoff spot, then we have issues as July is mostly away again due to the Pan Am.

Fort York Redcoat
05-19-2015, 10:45 AM
So Seba and Bradley need to earn paycheques.

Portland did not look great on the weekend. We're at home.

kuku
05-19-2015, 10:49 AM
This is Hamilton's chance to fill the void.

Red CB Toronto
05-19-2015, 10:52 AM

Can not be recalled until July apparently.

C.Ronaldo
05-19-2015, 10:53 AM
findley is going in, then I hope to see Dike back soon when that doesnt pan out

Hamilton is off the bencher, hes not starter ready

Moore is also an off the bencher

Fort York Redcoat
05-19-2015, 10:56 AM

Findley is still on the injured report. Bendik questionable.

kwhisperer
05-19-2015, 10:57 AM

Findley has Achilles injury and Dike can't be brought back until July.

barticusz
05-19-2015, 11:04 AM
Time to sign Babouli?

C.Ronaldo
05-19-2015, 11:07 AM
Findley has Achilles injury and Dike can't be brought back until July.

okay, findley miss his chance, ship him off :)

Hamilton, put your big boy pantaloons on. Its go time

Red4ever
05-19-2015, 11:09 AM
We are proper F*cked

RealG-TFC
05-19-2015, 11:15 AM
Time to recall Dike, only logical solution really.

kwhisperer
05-19-2015, 11:15 AM
We are proper F*cked

This is my reaction as well but I'm really, really trying not to panic. We've still got Giovinco up top and it should inspire Hamilton if he gets put in. The midfield diamond has been more effective the last few games and Bradley has been more effective. I'm trying...

Fort York Redcoat
05-19-2015, 11:17 AM
Time to recall Dike, only logical solution really.

Can't till July.

RealG-TFC
05-19-2015, 11:24 AM
Can't till July.

Well I suppose we truly are proper fucked.

Red CB Toronto
05-19-2015, 11:25 AM
JHams I hope gets a shot at contributing, would be a good depth guy.

kwhisperer
05-19-2015, 11:27 AM
JHams I hope gets a shot at contributing, would be a good depth guy.

Didn't he bag a few in a non-league game with the big team last year? It might be interesting if he lined up alongside Gio.

pdubs
05-19-2015, 11:36 AM
Unfortunately it may be Giovinco leading the line with a formation change. Rather a 5 person midfield then putting 1 scrub striker next to Giovinco. Then again, a Moore and Giovinco duo may yield something positive... but what made Jozy special was his football IQ, with good runs and good passes in dangerous areas.

Red CB Toronto
05-19-2015, 11:36 AM
Didn't he bag a few in a non-league game with the big team last year? It might be interesting if he lined up alongside Gio.

Had a goal for the first team in their friendly vs. the Spurs.

flatpicker
05-19-2015, 11:39 AM
The curse continues.

pdubs
05-19-2015, 11:39 AM
Start Moore if you want to keep the diamond. If Moore isn't pulling his weight or it's not clicking with Giovinco in the diamond, hope Hamilton gets legit starting minutes. We know what Moore can do, bag garbage goals 1-4/1-5. Curious to see Hamilton (and Dike when recalled) get legit minutes rather then 5-10 minute cameos at the end of games.

pdubs
05-19-2015, 11:40 AM
Time to sign Babouli?

Since it appears Dike can't be recalled till July then why not. Unless we move away from the 2 striker combo, but they diamond seems to be working.

BuSaPuNk
05-19-2015, 11:43 AM
Id rather see what Hamilton can do. We all know what we have in Moore. Hes a poacher. Hamilton has the technical ability to keep up with Gio.

Hamilton can also use his speed with Gio to really push at defending CBs.

Moore is a hold up man up top and hes been terrible so far this season. Hes no Jozy thats for sure.

kwhisperer
05-19-2015, 11:47 AM
Had a goal for the first team in their friendly vs. the Spurs.

A rather pretty one as I recall. It would be interesting to see if he can link up with Gio. Worth a look considering the options.

Red4ever
05-19-2015, 11:56 AM
I don't wanna stir the pot and will be first to admit that I could be wrong, misinformed or both but I have heard whispers that Hamilton doesn't have it. From staff, from teammates.

I mean Gio is gonna make anyone better, but the fact that Dike isn't available is truly scary.

brad
05-19-2015, 11:59 AM
Just want to point out a tad difference between the lineup we will field after Jozy goes down and the one we fielded after Danny K went down.

:willy_nilly:is not necessary.

http://www.torontofc.ca/news/2012/07/reds-keep-rolling-third-win

(http://www.torontofc.ca/news/2012/07/reds-keep-rolling-third-win)

It is worth pointing out though that no one on our team without a DP tag has scored more than one goal, and only 3 non-DP's have scored (just looking at league stats).

The other players are going to need to step it up here. It will be interesting to see what this team has up its sleeve to cover for Jozy

ensco
05-19-2015, 12:14 PM
Trying to hold my tongue here ...

Re what to do: just play Findley in Altidore's spot. He has been playing out of position, this is presumably why he was signed

kwhisperer
05-19-2015, 12:16 PM
Trying to hold my tongue here ...

Re what to do: just play Findley in Altidore's spot. He has been playing out of position, this is presumably why he was signed

He's out with an Achilles injury. Not sure for how long.

ensco
05-19-2015, 12:19 PM
He's out with an Achilles injury. Not sure for how long.

I missed that!

In that case I go 4-2-3-1 and move Cheyrou up to AM. Gio as the lone striker.

Globetrotter
05-19-2015, 12:19 PM
Isn't this the exact play and exact place that did in Danny Koevermans season. Message to MLS Get rid of the fucking turf

Let's not blame the turf just yet - it's been around a long time and many sports take place on that type of surface. What other factors are similar in the equation aside from the turf?

Maybe we need to get rid of designated players?
Maybe we need to get rid of hamstrings?
Maybe we need to get rid of Toronto FC?

Maybe a combination of the above? :confused:

It is unfortunate for us though.

dmacd
05-19-2015, 12:22 PM
I don't wanna stir the pot and will be first to admit that I could be wrong, misinformed or both but I have heard whispers that Hamilton doesn't have it. From staff, from teammates.

I mean Gio is gonna make anyone better, but the fact that Dike isn't available is truly scary.

When we played our scrubs in Montreal, Hamilton couldn't crack the lineup, even as a late sub when we needed a road goal. That tells you everything you need to know about management's faith in him. Hamilton is not one injury away from getting minutes.

kwhisperer
05-19-2015, 12:28 PM
I missed that!

In that case I go 4-2-3-1 and move Cheyrou up to AM. Gio as the lone striker.

That's the most interesting idea I've heard yet - would love to see how that would play out because Cheyrou has pretty good vision.

trane
05-19-2015, 12:30 PM
^ He has good vision, but he has very little else, of what you would look for in an AM.

69Chevy396
05-19-2015, 12:45 PM
The curse continues.
Look, we got more goals out if Jozy than several of his former EPL clubs combined. He has a history of leg injuries. Did anybody expect him to play a full season? He will still be good for another 8 or 10 goals when he returns, giving him more than any other striker in club history. The problem with this team remains the presence of 5 or 7 sub calibre players in the starting roster.

barticusz
05-19-2015, 12:50 PM
When we played our scrubs in Montreal, Hamilton couldn't crack the lineup, even as a late sub when we needed a road goal. That tells you everything you need to know about management's faith in him. Hamilton is not one injury away from getting minutes.

Has Hamilton really fallen down that much that our management team doesn't see anything (or "it") in him anymore? He hasn't scored that much in the USL level this year but he did seem to find himself in the right places in the matches that I've watched.

Any other news on him? I hope Findlay gets fit so that he can take over Jozy's spot but if not, this seems like a perfect opportunity for Hamilton to get some minutes here and there.

Red4ever
05-19-2015, 01:11 PM
Did anybody expect him to play a full season?

I think if that were the case, we wouldn't have strikers unavailable until july.

Leedsoronto
05-19-2015, 01:22 PM
Not sure what has happened to JHams, he had a few one on one misses in the USL but he still young and can always poach a goal if they could roll him a ball to his feet. He needs to prove his worth from off of the bench first IMO

Babouli is signed to USL so I do t believe he can be used, unless some one knows better?

Maybe Defoe on loan Lol (openes large can of hornets)

Areathrasher
05-19-2015, 01:23 PM
Yea, don't think they have the roster spots at the MLS level to give Babouli a deal.

dupont
05-19-2015, 01:24 PM
This is terrible news. I feel like having Jozy and Giovinco in at the same time made them both more effective. Not only did they link up well together but they also draw a lot of attention from defenders on their own which creates space for the other. I really hope TFC can adapt to what seems like a very large setback here.

C.Ronaldo
05-19-2015, 01:30 PM
i think they can adapt with Moore as a target man, to be fair he can flick on a few nice passes. We just lose so much withouth Jozy.

Gilberto looking really good right now

barticusz
05-19-2015, 01:32 PM
Moore just needs some time to play with Gio and get used to his movement. He connected well with Gilberto so I have hope that he'll do the same here.

Derko
05-19-2015, 01:58 PM
Not sure what has happened to JHams, he had a few one on one misses in the USL but he still young and can always poach a goal if they could roll him a ball to his feet. He needs to prove his worth from off of the bench first IMO

Babouli is signed to USL so I do t believe he can be used, unless some one knows better?

Maybe Defoe on loan Lol (openes large can of hornets)

Lilliputian strike duo, that would be funny to see.

Ultra & Proud
05-19-2015, 02:47 PM
Moore just needs some time to play with Gio and get used to his movement. He connected well with Gilberto so I have hope that he'll do the same here.
What Moore needs to do is run, jump, and generally put in a good amount of effort.

Mateo1985
05-19-2015, 03:01 PM
If he is out for 5 weeks starting from May 16th, then he should be able to come back during the NYCFC game on June 20th. That is only 3 MLS games that he will miss if that's the case. Obviously games against Portland, San Jose and DC United will be a lot more difficult but it will still be only 3 games until his back. We should still be ok. Let's just hope he's back in time and not longer.

C.Ronaldo
05-19-2015, 03:09 PM
What Moore needs to do is run, jump, and generally put in a good amount of effort.

goodluck, you know how many garber bucks it would take to pickup some effort. I even think effort goes through the allocation order for Moore

SoccMan2
05-19-2015, 03:51 PM
Ya where fucked!

portu
05-19-2015, 04:14 PM
Honestly not totally worried, i think we could go to a 4-3-3 and still be a decent side

Konopka; Morrow, Perquis, Hagglund, Morgan; Cheyrou, Warner, Bradley; Osorio, Giovinco, Jackson

jloome
05-19-2015, 04:25 PM
Moore is underrated by people here. I agree there are times when he looks unconcerned and less active, but there are also multiple occasions when he has been in the right place at the right time to clean up junk, has held up the ball well and has linked up well. I think he and Giovinco will do okay. I also will point out to anyone too worried that one diminutive Italian basically trumps our typical strike force singlehandedly.

As for Hamilton being done, I think that's probably bullshit. Why would you sign him to a first team deal after a six-in-17 first USL season if you thought he was shit? Makes no sense.

What I CAN believe is that they're telling him he won't make it with Toronto unless he increases his intensity and learns to track back defensively. But you don't sign someone after amassing years of data on him then a few months later say "wow, how wrong we were."

Me, I'd love to see Mo Babouli and Giovinco play together. No one could touch them.

jloome
05-19-2015, 04:27 PM
Also, we shouldn't change formations. The Diamond is working, giving us options in both directions. I'd move Moore up next to Alitidore or, failing that, Jackson. He's a real threat speed wise and he can beat a guy, pot the odd shot. He'd probably be more dangerous for us up top, using his speed and guile with GIovinco to cause problems and then drifting wide sometimes to open up space for Bradley coming up the middle, or the opposite midfielder drifting inside.

Ultra & Proud
05-19-2015, 04:46 PM
Me, I'd love to see Mo Babouli and Giovinco play together.
Next year maybe?

trane
05-19-2015, 04:53 PM
jloome, I am with you on Moore, I think he can do ok, if he plays wit Gio, I expect him to put a few away, until Altidore gets back.

Derko
05-19-2015, 05:22 PM
jloome, I am with you on Moore, I think he can do ok, if he plays wit Gio, I expect him to put a few away, until Altidore gets back.

Thank christ for some optimism, I am in agreement

Blixa
05-19-2015, 05:26 PM
Could this day day get any worse?

General Woolfe
05-19-2015, 05:52 PM

Surely it must happen. Dike is an obvious replacement for Altidore's physicality, not to mention a better goalscoring threat than Moore

ensco
05-19-2015, 05:56 PM
Can we recall Gilberto?

barticusz
05-19-2015, 06:01 PM
No. year long loan for Gilberto.

Couchy81
05-19-2015, 06:26 PM
No. year long loan for Gilberto.

Damn, was hoping we could work some wonky arrangement to get him back sooner.

Ultra & Proud
05-19-2015, 06:28 PM
Surely it must happen. Dike is an obvious replacement for Altidore's physicality, not to mention a better goalscoring threat than Moore
We can't recall him until July and so far he's only got into 3 matches. Got a goal already but not a lot of work. Not sure what's going on down there with their starting 11. Looks all over the place, everyone gets a shot.

Funny that they have 6 past & present TFC players on the roster. Must be something to see the old Preki triumvirate of Attakora and Cann at the back with Joseph Nane in front doing their thing.

FluSH
05-19-2015, 09:55 PM
Jozy was brought in to score goals! To score goals damn it! We are going to be in for a tough 5-6weeks

portu
05-19-2015, 10:44 PM
Moore is underrated by people here. I agree there are times when he looks unconcerned and less active, but there are also multiple occasions when he has been in the right place at the right time to clean up junk, has held up the ball well and has linked up well. I think he and Giovinco will do okay. I also will point out to anyone too worried that one diminutive Italian basically trumps our typical strike force singlehandedly.

As for Hamilton being done, I think that's probably bullshit. Why would you sign him to a first team deal after a six-in-17 first USL season if you thought he was shit? Makes no sense.

What I CAN believe is that they're telling him he won't make it with Toronto unless he increases his intensity and learns to track back defensively. But you don't sign someone after amassing years of data on him then a few months later say "wow, how wrong we were."

Me, I'd love to see Mo Babouli and Giovinco play together. No one could touch them.
Agree regarding Moore people are too hard on him

Blizzard
05-19-2015, 10:58 PM
We can't recall him until July and so far he's only got into 3 matches. Got a goal already but not a lot of work. Not sure what's going on down there with their starting 11. Looks all over the place, everyone gets a shot.

Funny that they have 6 past & present TFC players on the roster. Must be something to see the old Preki triumvirate of Attakora and Cann at the back with Joseph Nane in front doing their thing.

I wonder how long it will be before Scorpion's Canadian head coach Alan Mencina gets a coaching assignment in MLS.

jabbronies
05-19-2015, 11:26 PM
Agree regarding Moore people are too hard on him

He was alright last year with not great service. We'll see what he can do with Giovinco service.

DeRo Fan #1
05-20-2015, 06:54 AM
I just hope TFC can prove all the haters wrong.
They can go out there and show everyone they can win games without Jozy.
Byt they need to get it together first, play everyone in the right position maybe.

trane
05-21-2015, 10:06 AM
He was alright last year with not great service. We'll see what he can do with Giovinco service.

That is exactly how I look at it, and with them playing together a bit, it could be ok. Clearly Jozy is a step up, but I do not think we will be starving for goals.

TFC07
05-21-2015, 10:07 AM
This what happens when you sign old DP's g:D

Oh wait, Jozy is under 30. I guess injuries apply to younger players (including younger DP) too.

jabbronies
05-21-2015, 10:54 AM
That is exactly how I look at it, and with them playing together a bit, it could be ok. Clearly Jozy is a step up, but I do not think we will be starving for goals.

The thing with Jozy - with a bad pass - he can muscle his way through a defender to get to the ball and score - which he's done a couple times already.

Luke Moore can't do that - but he can run a lot faster than Jozy can. I just wonder how fast he is compared to the defenders he's up against.
We could see more through balls connecting with Moore only cos he can get there faster - not sure how clinical he is though.

we'll see.

Ultra & Proud
05-21-2015, 11:57 AM
Luke Moore can't do that - but he can run a lot faster than Jozy can.

Luke Moore can run? Any evidence of this as I haven't seen it yet.

pekduck
05-21-2015, 01:30 PM
The thing with Jozy - with a bad pass - he can muscle his way through a defender to get to the ball and score - which he's done a couple times already.

Luke Moore can't do that - but he can run a lot faster than Jozy can. I just wonder how fast he is compared to the defenders he's up against.
We could see more through balls connecting with Moore only cos he can get there faster - not sure how clinical he is though.

we'll see.

err... without the ball, Luke runs faster than Jozy. WITH the ball, Jozy, with 2 defenders dragging his jersey from behind, still outruns Luke

trane
05-21-2015, 01:38 PM

we'll see.

He is not as clinical as Jozy, but he puts them away often enough when he has the chances, and this year we are creating chances, he will put some away.

notthesun
05-21-2015, 01:47 PM

we'll see.

It doesn't help Moore much if he can run when he makes the wrong decisions.

Altidore is stronger and has better skills. But the biggest difference I've seen between them is how smart Altidore is with his positioning and runs, and how poor Moore has been. Moore has shown a knack for picking up scraps in the box, but that requires someone else to make the chance first. Altidore has constantly been creating his own chances with his smart runs.

Look at Moore's run on this play: http://matchcenter.mlssoccer.com/matchcenter/2015-05-16-new-england-revolution-vs-toronto-fc/details/video/38828

He almost may as well not have been there. Why cut inside there when Giovinco has a man pressing him on that side and you are on Goncalves' back side? The obvious choice here is to drift wide by a good few yards. If Moore cuts hard to his right at about :09 seconds into that clip, Giovinco slips him a pass and he has a golden opportunity. Goncalves isn't even looking at Moore! If you watch Goncalves during that whole run, he glances at Moore maybe once when Giovinco still has the ball just past half. After that his eyes are glued to Giovinco the entire rest of the way; hard to blame him with a player of that ability running at him. Moore would have been ridiculously wide open, all he had to do was make the right decision.

I can't recall which game it was now, but another one that stands out in my memory was when we had the ball down the left flank near the end line and the player, probably Morgan, whipped in a low cross that was easily defended by the near post man. It looked like a bad cross at first, but really it was the perfect ball to play. It was Moore that made a poor run. There were two defenders in the box and the keeper preparing to intercept, and instead of making a driving run to the near post he slowly drifted back post, where there was no chance he would ever get a ball there. Simple stuff like this really hurts his game.

Compare that with Altidore, who constantly makes himself available and has two great goals already that wouldn't be possible without his smart runs (opener vs. Vancouver and vs. Montreal in the VCup). The one against Montreal was especially impressive - you can see him alter his run and start cutting inside once he realizes that he's not getting any space away from the ball.

With Giovinco in the squad, Bradley pushed up and our midfield just generally performing better the past couple games, Moore should have a bunch of opportunities to put himself into the areas that will get him chances. He needs to start doing that if he wants to stay as the first option off the bench.

jabbronies
05-22-2015, 09:46 AM
It doesn't help Moore much if he can run when he makes the wrong decisions.

Altidore is stronger and has better skills. But the biggest difference I've seen between them is how smart Altidore is with his positioning and runs, and how poor Moore has been. Moore has shown a knack for picking up scraps in the box, but that requires someone else to make the chance first. Altidore has constantly been creating his own chances with his smart runs.

Look at Moore's run on this play: http://matchcenter.mlssoccer.com/matchcenter/2015-05-16-new-england-revolution-vs-toronto-fc/details/video/38828

He almost may as well not have been there. Why cut inside there when Giovinco has a man pressing him on that side and you are on Goncalves' back side? The obvious choice here is to drift wide by a good few yards. If Moore cuts hard to his right at about :09 seconds into that clip, Giovinco slips him a pass and he has a golden opportunity. Goncalves isn't even looking at Moore! If you watch Goncalves during that whole run, he glances at Moore maybe once when Giovinco still has the ball just past half. After that his eyes are glued to Giovinco the entire rest of the way; hard to blame him with a player of that ability running at him. Moore would have been ridiculously wide open, all he had to do was make the right decision.

I can't recall which game it was now, but another one that stands out in my memory was when we had the ball down the left flank near the end line and the player, probably Morgan, whipped in a low cross that was easily defended by the near post man. It looked like a bad cross at first, but really it was the perfect ball to play. It was Moore that made a poor run. There were two defenders in the box and the keeper preparing to intercept, and instead of making a driving run to the near post he slowly drifted back post, where there was no chance he would ever get a ball there. Simple stuff like this really hurts his game.

Compare that with Altidore, who constantly makes himself available and has two great goals already that wouldn't be possible without his smart runs (opener vs. Vancouver and vs. Montreal in the VCup). The one against Montreal was especially impressive - you can see him alter his run and start cutting inside once he realizes that he's not getting any space away from the ball.

With Giovinco in the squad, Bradley pushed up and our midfield just generally performing better the past couple games, Moore should have a bunch of opportunities to put himself into the areas that will get him chances. He needs to start doing that if he wants to stay as the first option off the bench.

I wouldn't compare the two - There's no point. Altidore is the better player. No question about it.

C.Ronaldo
05-22-2015, 10:31 AM
Luke Moore can run? Any evidence of this as I haven't seen it yet.

yah im really surprised to hear lukey can run

always seems to be behind teh play or pass by a few inches

What speedster uses the flick on pass as his specialty?

I still think he can be MLS level effective with a few games under his belt. come on the guy is playing with giovinco, just stand there and let gionvinco use you as post to bounce self passes off

Derko
05-22-2015, 10:51 AM
What I find funny is that when Luke Moore did pot a few goals last year we all cheered like no tomorrow. If he scores a few I will be happy. If the happen to be goals that lead to a victory I will be pleased. Yes I agree the pay may be a bit too much and maybe he seems lack lustre to say the least but It is what we have been dealt. So we play our hand.

We supporters are never satisfied are we.

TFC clap clap clap TFC clap clap clap......

TFC Tifoso
05-22-2015, 10:57 AM
Luke.......Use the Force.......

OgtheDim
05-22-2015, 11:06 AM
Luke.......Use the Force.......

There's a Two stick in that somewhere.....

shwade
05-22-2015, 11:24 AM
What I find funny is that when Luke Moore did pot a few goals last year we all cheered like no tomorrow. If he scores a few I will be happy. If the happen to be goals that lead to a victory I will be pleased. Yes I agree the pay may be a bit too much and maybe he seems lack lustre to say the least but It is what we have been dealt. So we play our hand.

We supporters are never satisfied are we.

TFC clap clap clap TFC clap clap clap......

Someone less talented than him would be able to put away those same goals.
Someone with more effort/interest would be able to put away the goals that he sometimes comes close to, or could come close to if he wasn't jogging or standing around complaining about a missed pass.

Derko
05-22-2015, 12:02 PM
Someone less talented than him would be able to put away those same goals.
Someone with more effort/interest would be able to put away the goals that he sometimes comes close to, or could come close to if he wasn't jogging or standing around complaining about a missed pass.

Oh I know, and that was just my opinion of course. You have to show the effort, which hopefully Moore will do

notthesun
05-29-2015, 11:36 AM
Some good news from Wileman: https://twitter.com/LukeWileman/status/604322347936538625

"Toronto FC coach Greg Vanney says Jozy Altidore's recovery from hamstring injury is ahead of schedule #MLS"

flatpicker
05-29-2015, 12:21 PM
Good news... but don't rush him back.

Derko
05-29-2015, 12:57 PM
Good news... but don't rush him back.

Yes keep him off of the pitch until the Gold Cup teams are finalized, maybe Bradley can have a mystery ailment as well.

pdubs
05-29-2015, 12:57 PM
Don't forget the gold cup. If the push him to come back that's where he will be no doubt.

Mateo1985
05-29-2015, 01:19 PM
The worst thing would be Jozy coming back for the Gold Cup games and getting a more serious injury there.... That will be just nuts

C.Ronaldo
05-29-2015, 01:25 PM
Oh I know, and that was just my opinion of course. You have to show the effort, which hopefully Moore will do

no one comes as close and as often as Moore, thats not a compliement.

Hes like that smart punk kid in school, who if only applied himself would excel.

Borga
05-29-2015, 04:42 PM
no one comes as close and as often as Moore, thats not a compliement.

Hes like that smart punk kid in school, who if only applied himself would excel.
I think Chad Barrett came as close more often.

trane
05-29-2015, 04:50 PM
^ Barret did not come close, that was his problem, he would most often take a sitter and hit it hard it would end up in the stands.

Only in the last year did he become anything close to effective.

portu
05-29-2015, 04:52 PM
Any news on how far ahead of schedule he is? 1 week, 2 weeks?

jabbronies
05-29-2015, 05:12 PM
Any news on how far ahead of schedule he is? 1 week, 2 weeks?

USMNT players have two friendlies coming up: June 3 and June 10th

They will probably report to camp a week or two after that.
a couple weeks later is the Gold Cup.

We may not see Jozy until August.

Calcio
05-30-2015, 10:48 PM
The team will be fine. In this league, the #9 is the most overrated position. It'd be much worse if Bradley or Giovinco were hurt.