PDA

View Full Version : Opinion of a Montreal Impact Ultra fan

Tintin
07-24-2008, 01:26 PM
I don't want to stir the pot but I think it's good to know what others thing of TFC, the stadium and the fans in Toronto.

On their forum, a poster asked to give your honest opinion about TFC, the stadium and the fans. One poster replied (I will translate):

Le stade est très bien.

Stadium is very good

Les supporters, visuellement, pas trop mal, du rouge partout, plusieurs drapeaux, de belles bannières de groupe, mais ils avaient rien préparé comme tifo même si c'était d'après eux le match le plus important de l'histoire du TFC. Vocalement, pas terrible. Deux ou trois chants qui ont bien claqué, mais pas plus.

Visually, the supporters are not too bad. Red everywhere, lots of flags, nice banners but they had nothing organised even if according to them it was the most important game in TFC history. Not that good vocally. Two or three good songs but nothing more.

Le staff du BMO Field est très pro; ils étaient bien préparé à l'arrivée d'un groupe de supporters adverses, c'était du sérieux.

The BMO staff is very professional. They were prepared for the arrival of supporters from the away team. It was very serious.

It's interesting to see that they he likes the BMO staff and that he is not really impress with the supporters. Now, I know that it's is one opinion (biased probably) but let's react in a constructive manner and objectively to this. Let's not have comments like I hate the Impact, he is a French idiot and so on.

I want to know if you think that some of those comments reflect reality and if not why?

GabrielHurl
07-24-2008, 01:27 PM
I hate the Impact

jayeden
07-24-2008, 01:28 PM
their le forum can le suck it

Tintin
07-24-2008, 01:28 PM
:rolleyes:I knew this woul not work!!!!

Cambridge_Red
07-24-2008, 01:30 PM
He is a french idiot. (Just kiddin Frenchy TFC supporters)

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
ONe Bus they could'nt fill one bus!!....

who's organized?

Zizi Booba
has anyone said: He's a French idiot yet?

BC101
LOL well thanks for telling I was interested in what they thought actually.

werewolf
he must think its easy to be organized, probably not much of a problem for them and their 20 supporters at home.

tfcleeds
07-24-2008, 01:31 PM
Tic Tac Tabernac! (you know the rest...)

noochie
07-24-2008, 01:33 PM
thats funny I coulda sworn I have never heard them sing anything before... wait a minute... they have a website??!!??

colman1860
07-24-2008, 01:33 PM
Id tend to agree. There was no tifo to speak of, and we were not very organized vocally (better than usually, but still nothing great).

Tintin
07-24-2008, 01:34 PM
I guess you guys did not see the part that said constructive answers...

Anyway, I knew better!

I agree, that it's funny that he juges TFC fans and they only came with one bus!!!! Maybe I should reply on their board.

dupont
07-24-2008, 01:35 PM
don't forget that they were sitting on the opposite side of the stadium from the south end. I'm sure they would have been more impressed on the other side.
I'm thinking they must have been amazed to see so many fans in a Canadian stadium even if they hate admitting it. It must really give them hope that an MLS team can come to montreal. I hope they get a team. I would love to hate them more often.

JonO
07-24-2008, 01:36 PM
Too be honest - where they sat they can hear the Southest corner, the Southwest corner (they were quite vocal on Tuesday) and the NEE. This may give the impression that it wasn't "organized" as you can hear different chants going on at once from each section...

RealG-TFC
07-24-2008, 01:36 PM
:rofl: did they do this on a garbage bag!?!?!?!?!

http://209.85.62.26/5895/3/upload/p6247091.jpg

Parkdale
07-24-2008, 01:37 PM
if you want to really see a shit storm of opinions, check the comments on the youtube video from the game. They are going off on all types of stupid shit.

Cambridge_Red
07-24-2008, 01:38 PM
Think Im going to have some freedom fries for lunch

BBBulldog
If Montreal was in MLS and playing Lynx several years ago, how many would have gone up for away? 15 U-Sector guys? :)

BC101

LOL! Best Banner ever LOL!

RealG-TFC
@Parkdale: ^^ damn, now you made me want to look at these and I feel it's going to piss me off.

tfc88
07-24-2008, 01:40 PM
No tifo... that jersey covering all of 127 before the game didn't count???

Tintin
Think Im going to have some freedom fries for lunch

Ok, that is funny!!!:D

koryo
Tintin,

Asking this group why the large majority of the BMO crowd doesn't sing is a bit like me asking your province why the rest of the country, by-and-large, doesn't speak French.

The vast majority of the posters on this board are the ones who are vocal, but stadium-wide we're a minority and don't understand why the rest don't get off their arses either.

Cambridge_Red
hahahaha look at the one woman?? pointing her finger. It's called a comb you babarian.

Tintin
07-24-2008, 01:42 PM
My province? What do you mean?

RealG-TFC
07-24-2008, 01:42 PM
hahahaha look at the one woman?? pointing her finger. It's called a comb you babarian.

:eek: :taz:

RealG-TFC
07-24-2008, 01:43 PM
No tifo... that jersey covering all of 127 before the game didn't count???

Really eh? considering for them a TIFO is just a semicircle flag that's being held up by like 6 guys.

Cambridge_Red
07-24-2008, 01:44 PM
LOL is that french for wankers??

nobodybeatsthewiz
07-24-2008, 01:45 PM

hes just drawing an analogy

koryo
07-24-2008, 01:45 PM

Assuming you're an Impact fan? If not, then the point would be directed at the person you quote at the top.

You know what I mean though.

Tintin
07-24-2008, 01:46 PM
Really eh? considering for them a TIFO is just a semicircle flag that's being held up by like 6 guys.

Tifo, originally a short form for the Italian (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Italian_language) word tifosi, meaning supporters, is mostly used as a name for any spectacular choreography displayed by supporters on the terraces of an arena or stadium in connection with a sport event, mostly an association football (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Association_football) match.

I fyou lok at that definition, especially the spectacular choerography part, then he is right.

Tintin
07-24-2008, 01:48 PM
Assuming you're an Impact fan? If not, then the point would be directed at the person you quote at the top.

You know what I mean though.

I understand. I am not an impact Fan. I speak french and live in Toronto and I am a TFC fan. I just used my french knowledge to spy on their site to see whaht they thought of the game and so on.

BC101
07-24-2008, 01:52 PM

Can I just point out the awesomeness of this banner LOL Its spray paint on a garbage bag LOL ULTIMATE!!!!!!!!!

Oldtimer
07-24-2008, 01:53 PM
If Montreal was in MLS and playing Lynx several years ago, how many would have gone up for away? 15 U-Sector guys? :)

No, 15 U-Sector was for the home matches. I know, I attended some Lynx games in the day.

I have a constructive thing to say: we need a roof! then they would have heard us.

GabrielHurl
07-24-2008, 01:54 PM
I fyou lok at that definition, especially the spectacular choerography part, then he is right.

Is he really?

http://i35.tinypic.com/2ekqbkh.jpg

Ladies Love Julius James
07-24-2008, 01:54 PM
haha when I seen that LOL banner I fuckin died laughing.

BC101
07-24-2008, 01:55 PM
Is he really?

I dunno Gabes... The Spray paint on the garbage bag= Godly TIFO.

Sonny Cheeba
07-24-2008, 01:57 PM
they probably just thought we'd have a more organized south end based on what they saw on the away game in montreal.

which is what we are striving for i believe. it just takes time.

Tintin
07-24-2008, 01:57 PM
Is he really?

Yeah you're right, it's not bad!

Tintin
07-24-2008, 01:58 PM
No, 15 U-Sector was for the home matches. I know, I attended some Lynx games in the day.

I have a constructive thing to say: we need a roof! then they would have heard us.

That's a great point. i use to go to Lynx games too but the rest of Toronto did not care...Now they have 13 000 for USL in MTL while sometimes there was less than 1000 for the Lynx!

rocker
07-24-2008, 01:59 PM
contrary to what the ultra said, the songs were actually more numerous than he seems to think and the singing was organized in the south end.
I thought it was the best atmosphere of a game I've ever attended around here.

Cambridge_Red
07-24-2008, 02:00 PM
The garbage bag has my vote :D

Tintin
07-24-2008, 02:01 PM
contrary to what the ultra said, the songs were actually more numerous than he seems to think and the singing was organized in the south end.

Agreed!

Shaughno

The problem is all the same, you can't get the same sound from the south end without one of two things.

1) A roof (the easy way)
2) EVERY supporter in the south end unified. (will take years of singing)

Sonny Cheeba
we'll have a roof when they decide what's happening with the stadium.

Rudi
07-24-2008, 02:02 PM
Bingo.

This bravado of how many fans we have compared to them is hollow. Some people need to get some perspective.

Troll
07-24-2008, 02:20 PM
http://mode.adrenzone.net/randompics/fmncwpop4.jpg

Montreal is full of buckets of AIDS and fail.

[/thread]

BC101
07-24-2008, 02:22 PM
Bingo.

This bravado of how many fans we have compared to them is hollow. Some people need to get some perspective.

Iam just laughing at their LOL banner.

Tintin
07-24-2008, 02:23 PM
It is an awful banner!!! WTF were they thinking!!!

Raging Reggie
07-24-2008, 02:29 PM

hahaha yea the LOL banner fucking slayed me but the best part of it, and just realized by looking at this picture is that it was made from a garbage bag hahahahaha! I bet they took all of 6 hours on there bus comming up with that one. Lord knows there was probably lots of room on it to stretch it out. Yes, and what is nesthead pointing at?

Sonny Cheeba
07-24-2008, 02:31 PM
It is an awful banner!!! WTF were they thinking!!!

i know

"bonjour! besuoin! il fait une banner, nous fait une banner avec le sachet du garbage LOL!"

Shaughno
07-24-2008, 02:31 PM
hahaha yea the LOL banner fucking slayed me but the best part of it, and just realized by looking at this picture is that it was made from a garbage bag hahahahaha! I bet they took all of 6 hours on there bus comming up with that one. Lord knows there was probably lots of room on it to stretch it out. Yes, and what is nesthead pointing at?

Oh look hunnie, corn on the cobb! Go get me six!

Reddevil39
07-24-2008, 02:35 PM
Oh look hunnie, corn on the cobb! Go get me six!

Soo True!!

BBBulldog
07-24-2008, 02:38 PM

I figured all 15 would go :D

Technorgasm
07-24-2008, 02:46 PM
CAPO!

Like Chicago = Amazing

I agree wiht his comments. . the chants were a bit frustrating for me. .

without having a single source to look at to carry on into my section. . . I was often behind.. and often wrong. . and it was not ideal.

CANT WE TAKE TURNS or UNIFY UNDER ONE AWEOSME PERSONALITY? like

Flush?

or Deniz

or Pablo

or

fuck anyonew.

TicTacTabarnack
07-24-2008, 02:47 PM
Tic Tac Tabarnack ... Calisse d'Impact!

"Not being well organized" ... I think this is because they have capos to keep their 40-odd supporters in sync and we don't to keep our 20,000+ filled stadium in sync.

mclaren
07-24-2008, 02:47 PM
I figured all 15 would go :D

Just a question BBBulldog - why the need to frequent this board just to be negative about TFC? I think pretty much every one of your posts has been an effort to denigrate the club.

TFC Tifoso
07-24-2008, 02:52 PM
CAPO!

Like Chicago = Amazing

I agree wiht his comments. . the chants were a bit frustrating for me. .

without having a single source to look at to carry on into my section. . . I was often behind.. and often wrong. . and it was not ideal.

CANT WE TAKE TURNS or UNIFY UNDER ONE AWEOSME PERSONALITY? like

Flush?

or Deniz

or Pablo

or

fuck anyonew.

Maybe, but seeing as it seems too difficult to get people to wear black and stay QUIET together for one night, it may be damn near impossibe to get people to SING together. Some will think one may not be related to the other, but its just an example of how hard this may be to take on.

MFBODD
07-24-2008, 02:54 PM
That's it! I've had enough!

I'm making a 'ROTFLMAO' banner out of shrink wrap next year.

In terms of organization... I'm in 105, so it isn't the same as the south end. We get multiple chants in the same section at times.... Sometimes we try to join in with the south, NEE, etc.... Other times a bunch get it going, but it isn't the same. Being in 104 they could get the impression of disorganization in a way, but it's hard to ignore and you can damn well hear what is happening with the NEE and the south end. Try walking to other parts of the stadium and it's a whole different story. Gotta take comments like these with a grain of salt.

Yeah, their crowd is impressive for the USL, but they have nothing on the support that we give our club. As previously noted, it's much easier to get 20 people organized and we really need a damn lid.

massive_magpie
07-24-2008, 02:59 PM
Our Tifo for the next game against them should be a 100 LOL garbage bags... that'd would be ...tres drole

TicTacTabarnack
07-24-2008, 03:01 PM

Just to make this clear ... Just because we're French Canadian (from Ontario = franco-ontarien) does not mean Quebec is our province. Far from it ... we're just as pissed off (maybe even more so) than the rest of Canada when it comes to the antics that come out of their political madness.

I'm always more than happy to teach everyone how to insult "da Quebecers" with comments like "Liche mes couilles distincts!" (Lick my distinct balls)

RealG-TFC
07-24-2008, 03:07 PM
Just to make this clear ... Just because we're French Canadian (from Ontario = franco-ontarien) does not mean Quebec is our province. Far from it ... we're just as pissed off (maybe even more so) than the rest of Canada when it comes to the antics that come out of their political madness.

I'm always more than happy to teach everyone how to insult "da Quebecers" with comments like "Liche mes couilles distincts!" (Lick my distinct balls)

LOL! BTW, it's too bad that french-Canadians are almost always labeled as Quebecers. There's a bunch of groups, like the Acadians of New-Brunswick and the Franco-Ontarian communities of northern ontario.

FluSH
07-24-2008, 03:08 PM
Our Tifo for the next game against them should be a 100 LOL garbage bags... that'd would be ...tres drole

It should say:

LAWL Garbage bags!!!!

LAWL > LOL

Parkdale
07-24-2008, 03:09 PM
I'm going to make a banner on those brown yard waste bags that says BUMP

TicTacTabarnack
07-24-2008, 03:11 PM
It should say:

LAWL Garbage bags!!!!

LAWL > LOL

HAHAHA ... Love it!

TicTacTabarnack
07-24-2008, 03:14 PM
How about a few garbage bags for people standing together

(TIC) (TIC) (TAB) (AR) (NACK!) = organized tifo (LMAO)

Ratven
07-24-2008, 03:18 PM
How about a few garbage bags for people standing together

(TIC) (TIC) (TAB) (AR) (NACK!) = organized tifo (LMAO)

Love it, definitely all Montreal related TIFOs should be on Garbage Bags though.

brad
07-24-2008, 03:18 PM
No time to read the entire thread, but as someone who sits in 105, quite close to the top I can say this:

They would barely have heard the supporters end. The sound doesn't carry that well. What they heard, and commented on was 104/105 trying to out chant them. The only thing that these sections know are the basic "This is Our House", "TFC clap-clap-clap", the White Stripes thing, those sorts of things. So when the Impact dude is talking about lack of chants, he's actually talking about the noise from a disorganized section that certainly a long way away from the organized supporters end.

BBBulldog
07-24-2008, 03:22 PM
Just a question BBBulldog - why the need to frequent this board just to be negative about TFC? I think pretty much every one of your posts has been an effort to denigrate the club.

Which posts would those be?

Phil
07-24-2008, 03:25 PM

I think you are confusing BBBulldog with FootyFan. FootyFan was the dude trolling on here and has now been removed.

As far as I have seen BBBulldog posts with respect and is welcome here.

Kevvv
07-24-2008, 03:26 PM
He's just delighted that BMO field will be sporting black tonight.

CretanBull
07-24-2008, 03:28 PM
Tifo, originally a short form for the Italian (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Italian_language) word tifosi, meaning supporters, is mostly used as a name for any spectacular choreography displayed by supporters on the terraces of an arena or stadium in connection with a sport event, mostly an association football (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Association_football) match.

"Mostly" doesn't mean "exclusively".

Jimmy The Saint
07-24-2008, 03:40 PM
LOL! BTW, it's too bad that french-Canadians are almost always labeled as Quebecers. There's a bunch of groups, like the Acadians of New-Brunswick and the Franco-Ontarian communities of northern ontario.

I'm an Anglo ex-Quebecer; when I moved to Toronto 10 years ago and told people I was from Quebec, 8 out of 10 said "Really? You don't have an accent..."

Or

"Where you from?"
"I grew up in Montreal"
"So you speak French?"

In this case the anwer is yes, but the there is still a pretty big number of Quebecers who don't even speak french...

Sort of like the thought in QC that "tous les anglos a l'ouest sont des tete carrees"

BBBulldog
07-24-2008, 03:48 PM
He's just delighted that BMO field will be sporting black tonight.

I'll be delighted if no DC players are on field for that crap and if whoever we're playing in next 5-6 games gets injured :D

Rockin110
07-24-2008, 03:52 PM
I sit in 110 so. I can generally hear what is going on in the south end, and there are a few times, when the south end has two or three different chants going at the same time.

It might work if you had Capos in each section with those little hand held radios, so you can organize the whole south end.

The other thing is, if people are not on this board, it is hard a hell to hear the words of a new chant. Just my opinion, but if a new chant gets developed, you should give it time to grow before starting a new one.

Mind you the words for the Huckerby chant came through loud and clear.

Anyway, my two cents (not that they are worth it) and yes I try to get the chants going in 110, when I recognize them.

And oh yeah, Impact suck

Roogsy
07-24-2008, 03:59 PM
They say WE are not organized?

I didn't hear a THING from their supporters when we were in Montreal. They recognized two songs...out of probably 7 or 8 that were used. I couldn't name one that they sing, or if they sung at all. Here OR in Montreal.

profit89
07-24-2008, 04:06 PM
Two games between TFC and MTL:

TFC 4 pts
MTL 1 pt

alexintoronto
07-24-2008, 04:07 PM

He was sent to harass us by his overlords - The Screaming Eagles.

Roogsy
07-24-2008, 04:09 PM
Two games between TFC and MTL:

TFC 4 pts
MTL 1 pt

If Vancouver hadn't bent over for them, we'd be in it instead of them.

Montreal didn't impress me at all.

BBBulldog
07-24-2008, 04:40 PM
He was sent to harass us by his overlords - The Screaming Eagles.

they heard it's raining in Toronto :D

REDPATCHGRL74
07-24-2008, 06:14 PM
Did you check out the post on YouTube?

From a Impact Supporter...

"gotta love TO fans whining, and if u weren't such pussies u woulda rushed our section after the game instead of being little pussies and throwing notrilite granola bars at us from behind the stands, we had 2 cops and 3 security guards around us but i guess thats too much for the Red patch boys to handle who may i say when i a group look like a bunch of used tampons"

Too funny!

Heathen
07-24-2008, 06:19 PM
fuck Montreal and their opinions

alexintoronto
07-24-2008, 06:47 PM

"gotta love TO fans whining, and if u weren't such pussies u woulda rushed our section after the game instead of being little pussies and throwing notrilite granola bars at us from behind the stands, we had 2 cops and 3 security guards around us but i guess thats too much for the Red patch boys to handle who may i say when i a group look like a bunch of used tampons"

Too funny!

If they wanted to say hi they should have exited the stadium instead of cuddling in the VIP room for an hour. There were TFC Supporters from every group waiting to congratulate them.

etro
07-24-2008, 07:43 PM

LMAO its a tribute to a RPB all-star... NASCARGUY

Roogsy
07-24-2008, 10:20 PM

Too funny!

LOL!

Because IN MONTREAL they rushed the TFC fans didn't they?

No wait...THEY DIDN'T, they taunted from outside the fence. And when the TFC fans came out...Impact fans got their asses handed to them.

Idiots.

I_AM_CANADIAN
07-25-2008, 10:35 PM
if you want to really see a shit storm of opinions, check the comments on the youtube video from the game. They are going off on all types of stupid shit.
That wouldn't surprise me, if they're anything like Habs fans...

I_AM_CANADIAN
07-25-2008, 10:44 PM

Lawlz...:drunk: I read the other day in the paper that the PQ told Paul McCartney he had better sing some French songs as well during his concert at the Plains of Abraham the other day. He's one of the two remaining members of the greatest band in history, and they're trying to tell him what he can sing? They spend all of their time trying to figure out ways to get Quebeckers pissed off at the rest of the country because right now they're the only ones that believe in the separatist cause. Someone needs to give them a swft kick in the arse.

egoodwin
07-26-2008, 01:14 AM
Id tend to agree. There was no tifo to speak of, and we were not very organized vocally (better than usually, but still nothing great).
there was the NEE jersey tifo

BC101
07-26-2008, 01:23 AM
between ed and Cambridge Red I think we have the offical NEE spokes people...

AFFLAC!

Raging Reggie
07-26-2008, 10:43 AM
i dont know if we can question the heart of the montreal fans, i mean someone did have to sacrifice there suitcase to make that LOL banner.

billyfly
07-28-2008, 12:56 PM

Good point.

I never went to a Lynx game and I know (former) captain Joe Mattacchione

ExiledRed
07-28-2008, 01:07 PM

Interesting question, but a better analogy would be.

If Montreal was in MLS and playing the Lynx, and the Lynx had a brand new SSS and were applying to get into MLS, under new management(MLSE) and the Lynx stood to qualify for the CONCACAF tournament and bring home the Canada cup, and practically seal their entry into MLS in the process.

I think there would be more than 15 U-sector guys, but I may be wrong.

Rudi
07-28-2008, 01:27 PM
Interesting question, but a better analogy would be.

If Montreal was in MLS and playing the Lynx, and the Lynx had a brand new SSS and were applying to get into MLS, under new management(MLSE) and the Lynx stood to qualify for the CONCACAF tournament and bring home the Canada cup, and practically seal their entry into MLS in the process.

I think there would be more than 15 U-sector guys, but I may be wrong.
There would be 50 of us. ;)