PDA

View Full Version : Voyageur Cup semi-final 2nd Leg Discussion: Impact (1) at TFC (0)

Pages : [1] 2

Red CB Toronto
05-11-2015, 08:49 AM
Voyageur Cup Semi-Final 2nd Leg

Impact at TFC
May 13, 2015
7:30PM EDT
TV: Sportsnet One

https://cdn1.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/jD6Qex1uVmK1ud6v99g_zWlwcFs=/0x224:2564x1933/730x487/cdn0.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_image/image/46287956/usa-today-8553835.0.jpg

After a 2-1 loss in the much anticipated home opener at the new BMO Field, the Reds have a quick turn around with the second leg of their V-Cup semi-final vs. the Impact. Down a goal the Reds will be looking to rebound to reach the Canadian Championship Final. It will be interesting after resting a bunch of starters last week in the first leg including Jozy and Seba, will Greg amp it up with the starting 11 and go for it all.

Joe Kool
05-11-2015, 09:04 AM
We better bloody win....I don't want TFC to get knocked out by Montreal. Any thoughts on attendance? I think we may get about half of what we had yesterday being an non-MLS game on a weeknight.

Fort York Redcoat
05-11-2015, 09:10 AM
Well resting players last week didn't help us win against a struggling Houston team. What next?

SS2006
05-11-2015, 09:12 AM
We better bloody win....I don't want TFC to get knocked out by Montreal. Any thoughts on attendance? I think we may get about half of what we had yesterday being an non-MLS game on a weeknight.

Isn't this our only way of playing in the champions league? You'd think we would take it more seriously (fielding a stronger 1st leg team)
OR is it whoever the best Canadian team in the MLS is, they changed it?

Fort York Redcoat
05-11-2015, 09:15 AM
Isn't this our only way of playing in the champions league? You'd think we would take it more seriously (fielding a stronger 1st leg team)

League standing was a one-off last year. It's back to V-Cup now on.

leafsman
05-11-2015, 09:17 AM
You are at home, put out a team to win the game. If they dont take this competition seriously then don't make us pay for it. If treated as a friendly don't force me to buy it with my season seats

Joe Kool
05-11-2015, 09:38 AM

Yeah it is our way to the CCL but for whatever reason we don't tend to have a big crowd for VCup or even CCL matches most times. I don't know why. I will be there....that is all I know. I love the CCL and VCup games. The first leg I get they may have rested some guys but I fully expect a more serious lineup to happen on Wednesday. Must win game....also can't let in any away goals for Montreal. Going to be tense.

bigredone
05-11-2015, 09:47 AM
Great pic Red CB! It could use a caption:

Jack: "Oh darn, my heel broke again"
Eriq: "Shoulda gone Gucci, like me"

We got this match. Big bounce back, starting here.

SS2006
05-11-2015, 10:27 AM
Well I agree the crowd is lacking, but a start would be for our team/coach to take it more seriously too, by fielding the top strength team
Montreal made it to the CCL finals and they don't have Giovinco, Altidore, and Bradely. I think we are well equipped to make noise at the CL, and I think qualifying should be a priority

RedsYNWA
05-11-2015, 10:49 AM
You are at home, put out a team to win the game. If they dont take this competition seriously then don't make us pay for it. If treated as a friendly don't force me to buy it with my season seats

THIS... I will be there and I expect a strong team

OgtheDim
05-11-2015, 10:49 AM
Bradley plays, cause after yesterday, nobody is going to stop him.

I hope we have both Gio and Altidore on the bench.

Bendik back? Meh...

I suspect we rest Osorio, as I think he got his spot back yesterday.

Pint
05-11-2015, 11:21 AM
Play the full lineup, it's our cup and really all it does if we win is add 2 more games to our schedule this year.

6 out of 10 teams make the playoffs... Montreal isn't good, Philly is in shambles, 2 expansion teams who are struggling and Chicago who i don't think has a very strong team.

If playing 2 extra games means we can't finish above 4 of those teams we didn't deserve to make the playoffs to begin with.

Areathrasher
05-11-2015, 11:22 AM
Delgado is off to the U20WC today, so that spot from the first leg will be open.

Red CB Toronto
05-11-2015, 11:38 AM
Plus of note TFC2 has a road game on Thursday night at St. Louis.

Lennon
05-11-2015, 11:46 AM
Play the full lineup, it's our cup and really all it does if we win is add 2 more games to our schedule this year.

6 out of 10 teams make the playoffs... Montreal isn't good, Philly is in shambles, 2 expansion teams who are struggling and Chicago who i don't think has a very strong team.

If playing 2 extra games means we can't finish above 4 of those teams we didn't deserve to make the playoffs to begin with.

Bingo.

Plus it's not like those teams won't have cup games/friendlies of their own.

I want to see our best 11 on the pitch.

Initial B
05-11-2015, 12:29 PM
Vanney won't - I don't think he sees this as a priority when his job is on the line making the MLS playoffs. TFC is going to crash out on Wednesday.

Fort York Redcoat
05-11-2015, 12:35 PM
Vanney won't - I don't think he sees this as a priority when his job is on the line making the MLS playoffs. TFC is going to crash out on Wednesday.

Is this a SuperDuperGuarantee??

Jack
05-11-2015, 12:35 PM
I have a bad feeling about this.

Pint
05-11-2015, 12:42 PM
If they won't play a good lineup it says 1 of 2 things to me:

1. We believe so little in our roster we think that 2 extra games could make expansion teams and teams in shambles spending 1/10th of what we do are better than us.

or

2. We have no ambition to compete in the champions league and let us make the playoffs barely so we can get that monkey off our backs.

No excuse to hold players out unless they are injured to the point where they wouldn't play in an MLS game on Wednesday.

T-boy
05-11-2015, 12:46 PM
Play the strongest 11 IMO - the players don't deserve a rest after Sunday, and secondly the Houston game proved that the first 11 need games together as a unit - this is a prime opportunity to play them all and get some cohesiveness in the team. Plus, if you play the first time and get a good win its morale and confidence boosting. If players need a 'rest' after 9 games into a season then there is a real fitness issue!

(the only worry if that we play the first 11 and still lose, which honestly I can still see happening as I have no confidence after the Houston game!).

Ultra & Proud
05-11-2015, 12:55 PM
Sad thing is that we'll probably use a B+ squad and draw Montreal Wednesday, getting us knocked out while saying that we're looking ahead to a league match on Saturday that we'll almost assuredly lose.

FRANKIE65
05-11-2015, 01:03 PM
If they won't play a good lineup it says 1 of 2 things to me:

1. We believe so little in our roster we think that 2 extra games could make expansion teams and teams in shambles spending 1/10th of what we do are better than us.

or

2. We have no ambition to compete in the champions league and let us make the playoffs barely so we can get that monkey off our backs.

No excuse to hold players out unless they are injured to the point where they wouldn't play in an MLS game on Wednesday.

Play the strongest 11 IMO - the players don't deserve a rest after Sunday, and secondly the Houston game proved that the first 11 need games together as a unit - this is a prime opportunity to play them all and get some cohesiveness in the team. Plus, if you play the first time and get a good win its morale and confidence boosting. If players need a 'rest' after 9 games into a season then there is a real fitness issue!

(the only worry if that we play the first 11 and still lose, which honestly I can still see happening as I have no confidence after the Houston game!).

EXACTLY!!! Time to stop F'in the dog.

molenshtain
05-11-2015, 10:51 PM
I'm gonna sneak into the southend tommorow. What do you guys think is the cheapest ticket I can pick up at the game tommorow? scalper or at the gate.

Auzzy
05-11-2015, 10:55 PM
From some of the Vanney quotes I saw, he's going to be careful with who he plays on Wednesday. #GetUsedToIt g:D

JavierMartini
05-11-2015, 11:24 PM
please don't play bad again bradley :3

molenshtain
05-11-2015, 11:26 PM
Might not be the worst thing in the world to sit Bradley or Cheyrou for this one.

Lennon
05-11-2015, 11:38 PM
I'm gonna sneak into the southend tommorow. What do you guys think is the cheapest ticket I can pick up at the game tommorow? scalper or at the gate.

About $3.50. Or free. Yea you can probly find one for free.

portu
05-12-2015, 07:17 AM
I'll be upset if he doesn't put out a decent lineup, New England is an almost guaranteed loss the way we've been playing so Vanney should wise up and go for this cup

Detroit_TFC
05-12-2015, 08:23 AM

I'll give you my ticket for free, can't go to these midweek games. DM me your email address and full name, I'll transfer my ticket to you.

Red CB Toronto
05-12-2015, 12:23 PM
Roster Comments from Greg after today's training. Good to see Seba will be in the mix, hopefully Jozy is available too. Really want to see them amp it up and knock out the Impact.

Vanney: "Sebastian Giovinco is available for tomorrow night's game."

Vanney: "Caldwell is still out. Bloom is questionable. Joe Bendik is getting closer, but not available yet."

Brooker
05-12-2015, 01:11 PM
Can we play with courage, please? MTL is the worst team in the league, for gods sake. I'm running out of people to take to games!

Red CB Toronto
05-12-2015, 01:30 PM
I really believe the Reds will go all out now.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/soccer/amway-canadian-championship-mls-toronto-fc-tfc-montreal-impact-mls-major-league-soccer-voyageurs-cup/

jloome
05-12-2015, 02:10 PM
I have a bad feeling about this.

I think Ensco's instincts are bang on. After the weekend's performances and vanney admitting to Kurt Larson that Bradley makes his own decisions about when he'll play, that this team is Bradley's, or at best a collaborative effort between him, Vanney and Frasier.

And that's a huge fucking mistake.

The only time Bradley has looked dominant -- EVER -- for this club has been playing as a defensive mid and not coming forward; the pairing of him and Cheyrou playing defensively with Osorio coming forward in the second half of that first game looked great.

But more than that, we have to question at this point whether Vanney is going to get his shit together; how can he cede choice of when to play to a player? How can we not know, tactically, what shape we should have by now? HOw can we be playing, STILL, without a bonafide system, to take into account the fact that most MLS players aren't good enough to just freelance.

Sunday's performance was pure ego from our DPs and appeasement from Vanney. We played seven back, one all over the place, two forward. The movement was shit, and that's because these egotists actually think they're so much above the MLS curve that they can control the game without the rest of the team needing to go forward.

It's idiotic and it says to mean he's just not the guy. We need a strong, experienced hand in charge of this team. It's done now; it's about time. If I still had the energy, I'd write another "Start the deathwatch" column for RedNation. Don't think I've been wrong with one of those yet in eight years.

Bah.

molenshtain
05-12-2015, 02:28 PM
I'll give you my ticket for free, can't go to these midweek games. DM me your email address and full name, I'll transfer my ticket to you.

my seasons aren't in my name so don't worry about it. I doubt I'll have to pay over 15$ for a ticket from a scalper so it's not much of a money issue.

Richard
05-12-2015, 02:49 PM
I think Ensco's instincts are bang on. After the weekend's performances and vanney admitting to Kurt Larson that Bradley makes his own decisions about when he'll play, that this team is Bradley's, or at best a collaborative effort between him, Vanney and Frasier.

And that's a huge fucking mistake.

The only time Bradley has looked dominant -- EVER -- for this club has been playing as a defensive mid and not coming forward; the pairing of him and Cheyrou playing defensively with Osorio coming forward in the second half of that first game looked great.

But more than that, we have to question at this point whether Vanney is going to get his shit together; how can he cede choice of when to play to a player? How can we not know, tactically, what shape we should have by now? HOw can we be playing, STILL, without a bonafide system, to take into account the fact that most MLS players aren't good enough to just freelance.

Sunday's performance was pure ego from our DPs and appeasement from Vanney. We played seven back, one all over the place, two forward. The movement was shit, and that's because these egotists actually think they're so much above the MLS curve that they can control the game without the rest of the team needing to go forward.

It's idiotic and it says to mean he's just not the guy. We need a strong, experienced hand in charge of this team. It's done now; it's about time. If I still had the energy, I'd write another "Start the deathwatch" column for RedNation. Don't think I've been wrong with one of those yet in eight years.

Bah.

Great post. :thumbsup:

Loyal
05-12-2015, 03:47 PM
Not sure what some of the guys mean by "only two more games"?

Advancing through the CONCACAFF Champions league requires a series of games and group stages with gruelling mid-week travel to Central America hotbeds in between league games

Add in the fact we are going to lose all our top players for extended periods during this summers Gold Cup, Pan Am Games and International qualifying weeks we are going to be hard pressed to field a competitive team for a loot of crucial games

If you are serious about finally making the MLS playoffs we are best to bow out of this elongated tournament to nowhere!

molenshtain
05-12-2015, 03:49 PM

Advancing through the CONCACAFF Champions league requires a series of games and group stages with gruelling mid-week travel to Central America hotbeds in between league games

Add in the fact we are going to lose all our top players for extended periods during this summers Gold Cup, Pan Am Games and International qualifying weeks we are going to be hard pressed to field a competitive team for a loot of crucial games

If you are serious about finally making the MLS playoffs we are best to bow out of this elongated tournament to nowhere!

if we win it, we won't qualify until the 2016 edition. Vancouver is playing in this year's tournament due to them having the best league record last year.

Loyal
05-12-2015, 04:08 PM
Thanks....was not aware

However I'm not sure why any team would want to take on added games in any season

It's funny, we watch our own qualifying and the European qualifying and the CL finals in Japan are little more than a rumour!

Pint
05-12-2015, 06:25 PM
Thanks....was not aware

However I'm not sure why any team would want to take on added games in any season

It's funny, we watch our own qualifying and the European qualifying and the CL finals in Japan are little more than a rumour!

Maybe for the chance to win a Continental championship and represent all of us against the world's top teams? Maybe they have ambition to be looked at on a different level than the rest?

Gringo Starr
05-12-2015, 07:26 PM
I'm looking forward to seeing Konopka again, beginning to like him as keeper

brad
05-12-2015, 07:48 PM
I think resting players last week was about putting a strong showing on for the home opener and avoiding injuries to key players. It would have been a PR nightmare if Gio got injured in Montreal and missed the opener. Expected big crowd, big expectations, etc.

I think we will see a full strength lineup - or close to it.

molenshtain
05-12-2015, 08:06 PM
I think resting players last week was about putting a strong showing on for the home opener and avoiding injuries to key players. It would have been a PR nightmare if Gio got injured in Montreal and missed the opener. Expected big crowd, big expectations, etc.

I think we will see a full strength lineup - or close to it.

I think we should at least rotate the squad a bit. We're a bit deep in a few areas and Saturday against a hot Revs team won't be easy on two days rest. So, I'm hoping for:

Konopka
Creavalle(if Bloom can't start) - Simonin - Perquis - Morrow
Jackson - Warner - Bradley/Cheyrou - Osorio
Seba
Jozy

If we're leading by enough in the second, take off Seba at 60 minutes for either Bradley or Cheyrou (they shouldn't both start). Jozy later for Hamilton (thought it would probably be Moore) and Osorio for Lovitz.

If we need goals then you put on the lineup in the second than you throw everything at them.

OgtheDim
05-12-2015, 08:07 PM
Hmm...watched Vanney's interview from today. He basically agreed with Davidson when asked about a defensive midfielder to protect the back four and allow Bradley and Cheyrou to go forward.

Not sure it will happen this game, but don't be surprised if we move to that 4-1-2-3 that Kristian Jack was suggesting - if we don't, NER will eat us for lunch within 10 minutes.

Says will be going out to attack at home tomorrow night. I'm hoping Altidore starts.

Derko
05-12-2015, 08:28 PM
Isn't Simonin out with surgery for the season?

OgtheDim
05-13-2015, 08:43 AM
Game Day!!!!!!

Ok, there's only going to be about 15K down at BMO today, and we are likely to see a lot of the B teams for both sides and its going to be cold and the atmosphere is not going to be all that great and I know darn well that the powers that be don't take this as seriously as I would like them to but....

:scarf:

Its what I do.

Quietly

over in 221. (well I actually did stand up on Sunday and do the middle finger salute to that Houston dance...surprised myself actually)

but

anyhooo

:scarf:

Mateo1985
05-13-2015, 08:51 AM
Is anyone going to Joe's before the game today? I'd swing by for a beer before heading to the stadium if people do.

Cheers!!!

Joe Kool
05-13-2015, 08:59 AM
Isn't Simonin out with surgery for the season?

He had "minor" knee surgery according to Vanney. I don't think he is ready at all but I haven't heard it was season ending either.

dupont
05-13-2015, 08:59 AM
I wonder if there is more pressure to win now that the home opener went so poorly? Either way, I'm there and ready to cheer my ass off!

Derko
05-13-2015, 09:28 AM
He had "minor" knee surgery according to Vanney. I don't think he is ready at all but I haven't heard it was season ending either.

Cheers

ryan
05-13-2015, 09:48 AM

Club is willing to take on Man City, but fuck this tournament, amirite?

We're talking about this home and home w/Montreal and should we win, a home and home with Vancouver in August.

THAT'S IT FOR 2015!

There's absolutely no god damn reason we shouldn't be out to win this bloody cup.

Ultra & Proud
05-13-2015, 09:59 AM
If we won against Houston I would think it'd be the full B team out here. However seeing that we stunk the joint out for our home opener and play a most likely un-winnable match this Saturday in NE, I say Vanney goes mostly all in today. Honestly, regardless of competition, how many home matches could we possible blow before the heat starts to mount on Vanney? He must know this. It's not like Portland and S.J are going to roll over like Orlando & Philly did and we just managed to beat them. Unconvincingly.

Every match will start telling a lot about Vanney and how he is 'leading' the squad.

OgtheDim
05-13-2015, 10:02 AM
Bring your longjohns hats and mitts tonight people. It ain't gonna snow, but by game time, it will feel like 7 going down to feeling like 5 by end of the game.

Canadian soccer at its finest - sitting there in the cold with 15K watching a bunch of Americans and the odd Italian trying to win our national cup. :canada:

Oh, and I'd like to point out that before people complain about the attendance, other MLS teams would love to have this sort of crowd for their first round of the US Open Cup.

Areathrasher
05-13-2015, 10:04 AM
If we won against Houston I would think it'd be the full B team out here. However seeing that we stunk the joint out for our home opener and play a most likely un-winnable match this Saturday in NE, I say Vanney goes mostly all in today. Honestly, regardless of competition, how many home matches could we possible blow before the heat starts to mount on Vanney? He must know this.

That's sort of my thinking too.

ryan
05-13-2015, 10:08 AM
That's sort of my thinking too.

After the embarrassment, TFC PR needs some positive to work with. Definitely agree it's not likely to come from NE on the weekend, so this would be useful. Another sunday home date on the schedule, they need all the help they can get to "attempt" to fill the house.

Auzzy
05-13-2015, 11:00 AM
Bring your longjohns hats and mitts tonight people. It ain't gonna snow, but by game time, it will feel like 7 going down to feeling like 5 by end of the game.

Canadian soccer at its finest - sitting there in the cold with 15K watching a bunch of Americans and the odd Italian trying to win our national cup. :canada:

Oh, and I'd like to point out that before people complain about the attendance, other MLS teams would love to have this sort of crowd for their first round of the US Open Cup.

Also RE attendance -- I watched the highlights from all MLS games this weekend. I think the BMO Field expansion to 30k is silly, but our attendance really isn't bad compared to the league average.

Milanista
05-13-2015, 11:34 AM
if the team ever starts winning and making the playoffs consistantly, that place will be packed
plus you have to look at tickets sold rather than just the people who show up

Also RE attendance -- I watched the highlights from all MLS games this weekend. I think the BMO Field expansion to 30k is silly, but our attendance really isn't bad compared to the league average.

Eleven
05-13-2015, 11:35 AM
over in 221. (well I actually did stand up on Sunday and do the middle finger salute to that Houston dance...surprised myself actually)

As did I, both hands, double fingered tho :D

Was in 120, and they were centred a few rows down from me. He definitely saw me, and smirked a lil extra. (*)

barticusz
05-13-2015, 12:04 PM
Anyone read KJ's recent article. He was mentioned that TFC need to be playing a 4-3-3. Any thoughts on this. Do you guys agree? Sounds as if Vanney may have a holding mid playing this game.. does that mean we end up seeing a Osorio - Warner - Bradley mid?

molenshtain
05-13-2015, 12:45 PM
What's the latest time I can print a ticket? 2 hours before kick-off? or did they move it back?

Eleven
05-13-2015, 02:16 PM
Speaking of tickets, my seatmate had to go on a biz trip yesterday, so I have a ticket in 120 available (free) at the moment.

Ultra & Proud
05-13-2015, 02:26 PM
What's the latest time I can print a ticket? 2 hours before kick-off? or did they move it back?
I just did it. Said 1 hour.

portu
05-13-2015, 02:50 PM
Genuinely nervous for this game it's a big deal for me that we be the best Canadian team at least

Mateo1985
05-13-2015, 03:04 PM
I can't re-print a ticket that is on my account manager for some reason. Does anyone else have that issue?

Brooker
05-13-2015, 03:09 PM
I better see a decent line up. If Gio and Jozy sit again I'm gonna be pissed.

Cya'll down there.

portu
05-13-2015, 03:15 PM
I better see a decent line up. If Gio and Jozy sit again I'm gonna be pissed.

Cya'll down there.
Plus 1

Brooker
05-13-2015, 03:27 PM
Are any Impact supporters coming down with their garbage bag tifos?

Mateo1985
05-13-2015, 03:37 PM
I can't re-print a ticket that is on my account manager for some reason. Does anyone else have that issue?

Solved my issue with a sales rep. It appears that if you print your tickets more than 3 times they lock them. Which makes sense. I just didn't know and printed them a few times prior so ... yeah all good now hahaha

Lennon
05-13-2015, 03:53 PM
My friend wants to come with a drum. Is there a certain gate he needs to go through?

habstfc
05-13-2015, 03:59 PM
Sorry I may be in the minority. I want the "B" team out there tonight. TFC can't risk injury in a game like this. TFC have a very congested summer as it is, no need to add more fixtures that could have negative effect on a playoff spot. MLS league should be the priority until we have a team that could legitimately win CCL.

Greatest Ripoff
05-13-2015, 04:04 PM
Sorry I may be in the minority. I want the "B" team out there tonight. TFC can't risk injury in a game like this. TFC have a very congested summer as it is, no need to add more fixtures that could have negative effect on a playoff spot. MLS league should be the priority until we have a team that could legitimately win CCL.

It would add two more fixtures, that is one more than the stupid man city friendly.

Richard
05-13-2015, 04:18 PM
We have the highest salary in MLS, we should be challenging for the V-Cup, MLS Cup, Supporters shield and CCL.

In any other league that's the bare minimum when you got the highest wages, of course here in TFC land its one baby step at a time.

I get that the salary cap makes everyone "equal", but do we not have the top 3 designated players? At least use them to win some silverware that's doable, god knows were not winning anything else this year.

brad
05-13-2015, 04:21 PM
We have the highest salary in MLS, we should be challenging for the V-Cup, MLS Cup, Supporters shield and CCL.

In any other league that's the bare minimum when you got the highest wages, of course here in TFC land its one baby step at a time.

Highest salary is largely irrelevant in our league. It can only be invested in 3 players, and this is a team game.

Petor
05-13-2015, 04:26 PM
Are any Impact supporters coming down with their garbage bag tifos?

They used bed sheets last week in Montreal.
I guess that's a bit better than garbage bags! ;)

brad
05-13-2015, 05:04 PM
Is this game being broadcast online like last weeks?

Eleven
05-13-2015, 05:16 PM
Is this game being broadcast online like last weeks?
Yes, exactly. Free stream on Sportsnet One in Canada, rest of NA on MLS Live.

aajking
05-13-2015, 05:38 PM
Yes, exactly. Free stream on Sportsnet One in Canada, rest of NA on MLS Live.

I don't think this one is being streamed on Sportsnet.ca. Its on Sportsnet One , Sportsnet World and MLS Live though.

RealG-TFC
05-13-2015, 05:42 PM
A stupid question but here goes:

Can I simply screenshot my ticket's QR code on my phone or do I have to log onto my Ticketmaster account and access the QR code then and there at the gate?

aajking
05-13-2015, 05:46 PM
A stupid question but here goes:

Can I simply screenshot my ticket's QR code on my phone or do I have to log onto my Ticketmaster account and access the QR code then and there at the gate?

If you're using an iPhone you should have the ticket automatically in Passport and it should show on your lock screen when you're near BMO.

notthesun
05-13-2015, 05:47 PM
XI: Konopka, Morgan, Perquis, Zavaleta, Morrow, Cheyrou, Warner, Bradley, Osorio, Giovinco, Altidore

Montreal has Piatti, Romero, Donadel and Soumare on the bench. We might truck them.

RealG-TFC
05-13-2015, 05:53 PM
If you're using an iPhone you should have the ticket automatically in Passport and it should show on your lock screen when you're near BMO.

Android unfortunately.

MartinUtd
05-13-2015, 06:08 PM
XI: Konopka, Morgan, Perquis, Zavaleta, Morrow, Cheyrou, Warner, Bradley, Osorio, Giovinco, Altidore

Montreal has Piatti, Romero, Donadel and Soumare on the bench. We might truck them.

I like that starting XI. Strong midfield with both defensive cover and offensive prowess. Getting Zavaleta into the mix is a good thing as well. Hagglund needs a break and we need to see what the rest of the fringe players can do (just not all at once like in previous seasons).

mowe
05-13-2015, 06:22 PM
Yeah I'm happy with that lineup. We need to bring the cup home.

Captain Cook
05-13-2015, 06:22 PM
edit nvm

aajking
05-13-2015, 06:26 PM
Android unfortunately.

Snapshotting the QR code should technically work.

JavierMartini
05-13-2015, 06:35 PM
streams anyone?

General Woolfe
05-13-2015, 06:42 PM
What's with the eagle???

Mark TFC
streams anyone?

Only one I've been able to find online...
http://cricfree.sx/sportsnet-one-live-stream

T-boy
http://cricfree.sx/sportsnet-one-live-stream

Mark TFC
What's with the eagle???

There's no eagle.

General Woolfe
05-13-2015, 06:45 PM
There's no eagle.

OK 'bird of prey' then?

Captain Cook
05-13-2015, 06:50 PM
I really hate how much the commentators are hyping up Giovinco's free kick ability. Sure hes great, but if I didn't know better I thought they'd be talking about Messi.

Captain Cook
05-13-2015, 06:57 PM
Konopk i love you!!!!

Our tempo and passing has looked better today.

pdubs
05-13-2015, 07:05 PM
Least we came to play. The General showed up

General Woolfe
05-13-2015, 07:08 PM
Beauty by Jose!!!

Bishop Blaize
05-13-2015, 07:10 PM
Nice goal. Great pass by giovinco.great run from Jozy

General Woolfe
05-13-2015, 07:11 PM
ffs right through a crowd of defenders. Half-assed challenge by Perquis

Inklink
05-13-2015, 07:15 PM
This team...ugh

CBTFC
05-13-2015, 07:16 PM
Nevermind how many times TFC has allowed a goal after the 75th minute, how many times have we allowed a response goal by the opposition within minutes of us scoring?

At least Kenny Cooper is injured.

notthesun
05-13-2015, 07:17 PM
That set piece defending is just lol

habstfc
05-13-2015, 07:19 PM
any other streams?

Bishop Blaize
05-13-2015, 07:22 PM
Perquis not playing well

pdubs
05-13-2015, 07:24 PM
Altidore is so good with the ball at his feet. Great hold up play. And he makes smart touches to push the attack

Captain Cook
05-13-2015, 07:25 PM
What a ball by Cheyrou

General Woolfe
05-13-2015, 07:30 PM
What must Giovinco be thinking? He could have been playing in front of a full house at the Bernabeu today and heading to a CL Final, instead he's surrounded by dross, playing in a mickey mouse cup tie in front of a half empty stadium

Richard
05-13-2015, 07:33 PM
What must Giovinco be thinking? He could have been playing in front of a full house at the Bernabeu today and heading to a CL Final, instead he's surrounded by dross, playing in a mickey mouse cup tie in front of a half empty stadium

He choose the $$$. Don't feel sorry. I'm sure he is fine.

jloome
05-13-2015, 07:33 PM

Stone cold contact , penalty. What the fuck, eh?

aajking
05-13-2015, 07:34 PM
Stone cold contact , penalty. What the fuck, eh?

Love MLS refs. My god...

habstfc
05-13-2015, 07:34 PM

Probably sitting on the bench making less than half the money....

notthesun
05-13-2015, 07:36 PM
Well, that should have been a penalty.

Altidore is such a stud. We've got 2/3 DPs clicking, we need a coach that can get Bradley going now.

DoubleUp
05-13-2015, 07:39 PM
This teams football Iq is still low, aside from maybe 3 or four players. Also we move the ball far to slow during build.

aajking
05-13-2015, 07:43 PM
Chemistry is still so low for the team as a whole. Some player combinations have good chemistry but as a whole, we're overlapping and mispassing. This team needs more time together (along with a good sign for CB to replace Caldwell and LW to have Oso as a sub).

General Woolfe
05-13-2015, 07:48 PM
I'm starting to think we could have Messi, Ronoldo and Zlatan as DPs and Mourinho as coach, and this team would still struggle. The supporting cast is quite simply not good enough and until that is addressed we are going nowhere. If you think about it, for all the big names that come in, we just swap like for like, and never really address the supporting cast (Altidore for Defoe, Bradley for Laba etc) Instead of just swapping DPs every year we need improve on the quality of the journeymen in the squad. The very fact we are pining for Caldwell to return underlines this point

T-boy
05-13-2015, 07:49 PM
Giovinco needs to be the playmaker - he's often too high up as a second striker - he needs to be behind the ball with the field in front so he can pick out the through-ball. Right now none of the midfield 3 can pick out a pass.

DoubleUp
05-13-2015, 07:53 PM
I'm starting to think we could have Messi, Ronoldo and Zlatan as DPs and Mourinho as coach, and this team would still struggle. The supporting cast is quite simply not good enough and until that is addressed we are going nowhere. If you think about it, for all the big names that come in, we just swap like for like, and never really address the supporting cast (Altidore for Defoe, Bradley for Laba etc) Instead of just swapping DPs every year we need improve on the quality of the journeymen in the squad. The very fact we are pining for Caldwell to return underlines this point

This is very close to the truth. Besides the obvious DP talents this team still has problem identifying quality journeyman talent. still using pace and power as the main attributes instead of players that might not the most athletic but can think the game.....Guevara for example.

General Woolfe
05-13-2015, 07:56 PM
Deary me Osorio, a free shot from that distance and youve got to score

mowe
05-13-2015, 07:56 PM
Oso... Cmon

pdubs
05-13-2015, 08:01 PM
Altidore's holdup play is a thing of fucking beauty

General Woolfe
05-13-2015, 08:01 PM
Thats more like it!!

Bishop Blaize
05-13-2015, 08:02 PM
Game on

Captain Cook
05-13-2015, 08:02 PM
Cheyrououououoouououououououo!!

Bishop Blaize
05-13-2015, 08:03 PM
Beautiful

pdubs
DP fucking money baby

General Woolfe
3-1 Giovinco! Great start to this half. Whatever Vanney said in his team talk we should bottle it

Captain Cook
05-13-2015, 08:04 PM
Jajajajajajajajajajajajajajjajajajajajja giovincoooooooooo gol gol gol gol gol gol gol gol gol goooooooooooooooooooool

Inklink
He didn't miss this time!

Altibeast.

notthesun
Altidore is fucking incredible. I knew he would turn out to be a great signing.

daner90
Look what happens when the dp's actually get some service! Beauty!!!

Inklink
05-13-2015, 08:05 PM
Giooooovincooooo.

Sorry, I'm a little slow. Catching up now.

Bishop Blaize
05-13-2015, 08:07 PM
Good to sea bradley having an impact. Jozy looks excellent tonight

Bishop Blaize
05-13-2015, 08:08 PM
Cheap dirty tackle by bernier

pdubs
05-13-2015, 08:08 PM
Bernier you fucking fuck. Dirty

Couchy81
05-13-2015, 08:09 PM
Wow how is that not a red card?!?!

Could have easily broke his leg

pdubs
05-13-2015, 08:14 PM
Looked onside

Soccerpro
05-13-2015, 08:14 PM
I hope they can do this against a non last place team who are down to 10 men...(Tissot off injured)

General Woolfe
05-13-2015, 08:16 PM
Bernier dodged a bullet there

Richard
05-13-2015, 08:17 PM
Altidore is all money so far, best overall striker since Koevermans, he does so many things well.

pdubs
05-13-2015, 08:17 PM
Lol. Morgan just goes right through.

Bernier is one lucky fuckhead

pdubs
05-13-2015, 08:18 PM
Altidore is all money so far, best overall striker since Koevermans, he does so many things well.

Best part he is a million years younger!

CBTFC
Again, TFC gets screwed by the ref. Blatant tug on Giovinco, that's a second yellow!!!

Couchy81
Must be a French ref

pdubs
05-13-2015, 08:19 PM
This ref is hilarious

notthesun
05-13-2015, 08:20 PM
My god this reffing... Morgan should have a yellow and Bernier should be off.

aajking
05-13-2015, 08:20 PM
I know this is just Montreal but I hope Vanney considers keeping this formation. Over the past couple games we've seen Bradley playing defensively and it hasn't been good, while Cheyrou has seemed to do a great job coming back and covering Perquis when Perquis moves up. Bradley forté is up front and Cheyrou can still deliver on-point long balls from a DM position.

Richard
05-13-2015, 08:23 PM
I like Giovinco on the left.

Richard
05-13-2015, 08:24 PM
This ref is so incompetent.

General Woolfe
05-13-2015, 08:25 PM
Wonderful pace from Gio there and a lovely turn by Jose. That wouldve been a really nice goal

shwade
05-13-2015, 08:26 PM
Creavalle...God help us

pdubs
05-13-2015, 08:26 PM
Don't want to be that guy but... If we had Ciman as our main CB...

aajking
05-13-2015, 08:27 PM
Oh no... Creavalle...

Richard
05-13-2015, 08:28 PM
Wow.

shwade
05-13-2015, 08:29 PM
Oduro of course. Better than Findlay.

jloome
My god this reffing... Morgan should have a yellow and Bernier should be off.

It's atrocious (although that was a fairly lame effort by Moore).

QBall
Perquis :facepalm:

General Woolfe
ffs not again :facepalm:

Had to be Oduro as well

shwade
This ref is just awful.

pdubs
We are cursed. That fuckhead could never do that for us. I just don't know

Bishop Blaize
What the f is perquis playing at. He was partly to blame for 1st goal also

Inklink
05-13-2015, 08:30 PM
If Perquis is not cut after this game..

jloome
Fucking Perquis, oh my god. Who was shitting on me for his brilliance again?

QBall
With Altidore subbed off we're in trouble.

MightyDM
05-13-2015, 08:31 PM
Konopka should have come out and got that.

Soccerpro
05-13-2015, 08:31 PM
Don't want to be that guy but... If we had Ciman as our main CB...

This. Perquis did not come as advertised.

Oldtimer
05-13-2015, 08:33 PM
At this point Montreal is ahead on away goals, which is how they did their CCL run.

shwade
I like how Lefevre took a whole minute to realize it hurt

Inklink
Wow, what a flop. Amazing.

General Woolfe
05-13-2015, 08:34 PM
Dont know if MLS can act, but Gio could be in trouble if a TV review of that is allowed

Inklink
05-13-2015, 08:34 PM
Why Hagglund?

Richard
05-13-2015, 08:35 PM
Fuuuuck

Oldtimer
05-13-2015, 08:35 PM
Dont know if MLS can act, but Gio could be in trouble if a TV review of that is allowed
Doesn't fall under MLS but the CSA.

Inklink
05-13-2015, 08:36 PM
Can Dero unretire and come back in time?

SenorDingDong
05-13-2015, 08:38 PM
AS much as this sucks to lose... I would massively prefer success in the league over the Concacaf champions league.

pdubs
05-13-2015, 08:39 PM
Everyone is gassed lol

General Woolfe
05-13-2015, 08:41 PM
The 80 minute curse strikes again...

I dont know where to start with this team, but the defence needs major surgery as a matter of urgency

QBall
This is why we can't have nice things, like trophies.

Eastend
Hate losing to Montreal...twice in a week...but focus on the league required.

Dom

Richard
Going forward were going to be fine, but our defense is going to get us killed this season, when hasn't it ever really.

aajking
05-13-2015, 08:42 PM
Hagglund attempts a scissor kick? What. The. Fuck.

mook-life
05-13-2015, 08:42 PM
i hate agg scoring

Soccerpro
05-13-2015, 08:43 PM
TFC still has no stud CB to marshall the back. Perquis is not what TFC promised in the offseason.

This team is going to let in a lot more goals this year.

mowe
05-13-2015, 08:43 PM
Fuck this team man. Even when they win they lose.

mook-life
05-13-2015, 08:45 PM
and Damn out of all the people who score THE GUY WHO CANT SCORE SCORES WITH HIS DAMN HEAD

jloome
TFC still has no stud CB to marshall the back. Perquis is not what TFC promised in the offseason.

This team is going to let in a lot more goals this year.

I'm also somewhat concerned that Caldwell hasn't played for us since being stripped of his captaincy (a boneheaded move, I still think. They could've waited until after the season.)

Zavaleta did okay today. Perquis had a howler.

Inklink
Back line costs them again. Someone tell Harry Potter to pay attention to that too.

mook-life
05-13-2015, 08:47 PM
Back line costs them again. Someone tell Harry Potter to pay attention to that too.

I think we need Hermione for this one bro

T-boy
05-13-2015, 08:49 PM
Who told them to let off the fireworks - we didn't actually win anything!

Richard
I think we need Hermione for this one bro

Nah were going to need some experience, bring in Gandalf I say.

Soccerpro
I'm also somewhat concerned that Caldwell hasn't played for us since being stripped of his captaincy (a boneheaded move, I still think. They could've waited until after the season.)

No big deal, players in their mid 30's who are out with long term injuries always come back in great form for years to come. Caldwell will be fine.

General Woolfe
05-13-2015, 08:50 PM

Dom

Hate to be pedantic, but we didnt lose to them tonight

General Woolfe
05-13-2015, 08:54 PM
No big deal, players in their mid 30's who are out with long term injuries always come back in great form for years to come. Caldwell will be fine.

Caldwell is hardly the solution, he is a mediocre player at best. We really need to rethink our defence beyond grafting aged Brits who show commitment. Caldwell, O'Dear, Iro are all of the same ilk. Id rather we aimed for a defender who is intelligent rather that one with heart. We might get better out of our younger players if they had a cool head next to them to learn from

PAOK17
05-13-2015, 08:54 PM

Dom
If by "focus on the league" the team refers to try winning the league then yes, by all means "focus on the league". After all, that's what is usually meant by teams. Well, that and qualifying for the continental competition(s) which we can't now.

If instead, they refer to finishing top 12 in a 20 team league, then no thank you. My bar is higher.

MightyDM
05-13-2015, 08:55 PM
Fuck this team man. Even when they win they lose.

brilliant summary of our club

ronzilla
Would be better off to lose this game so Vanney could be gone sooner.

Eastend

Duh, of course, just felt like it I guess.

notthesun
05-13-2015, 09:00 PM
Still need a coach that can get us to defend as a team. Both goals entirely preventable and neither were strictly individual mistake.

We dominated them. Just gave them two freebie goals. If we can combine offensively like we did today in league play we'll be a force.

Hard to say how much is because Montreal sucks and how much was what we did... maybe there's value in placing Cheyrou at the back and moving Bradley up full time, with Warner for cover. I thought Warner was decent and Findley should be benched in favour of Osorio going forward for sure.

All 3 DPs clicked today (Altidore absolutely crushed it), and we were garbage defensively, and we still won. I take this as a positive, all things considered.

Areathrasher
05-13-2015, 09:00 PM
That was all on Perquis tonight IMO. Lazy and brain dead as fuck on both goals.

kwhisperer
05-13-2015, 09:03 PM
I liked this game because it featured just about the best play we've seen from the team all year and some greatness from Altidore and especially Giovinco. Lapses and flaws were still there but it just underlined the changes we need. I'd rather have won but I'm not too disappointed to not have to play inconvenient games when the only thing that really matters to me is making playoffs.

ronzilla
05-13-2015, 09:06 PM
I liked this game because it featured just about the best play we've seen from the team all year and some greatness from Altidore and especially Giovinco. Lapses and flaws were still there but it just underlined the changes we need. I'd rather have won but I'm not too disappointed to not have to play inconvenient games when the only thing that really matters to me is making playoffs.

Yeah Giovinco stole the whole show. 1 goal and an assist, no doubt MOTM.

trane
05-13-2015, 09:10 PM
Still need a coach that can get us to defend as a team. Both goals entirely preventable and neither were strictly individual mistake.

We dominated them. Just gave them two freebie goals. If we can combine offensively like we did today in league play we'll be a force.

Hard to say how much is because Montreal sucks and how much was what we did... maybe there's value in placing Cheyrou at the back and moving Bradley up full time, with Warner for cover. I thought Warner was decent and Findley should be benched in favour of Osorio going forward for sure.

All 3 DPs clicked today (Altidore absolutely crushed it), and we were garbage defensively, and we still won. I take this as a positive, all things considered.

This game showed how good we could be, if we just had a coach that could keep us organized. I have to say that Zaveleta really impressed me at cb today, he played like the real deal which is rare to see in this league.

stevep
05-13-2015, 09:13 PM

is everybody forgetting bernier should have been out of the game,

barticusz
05-13-2015, 09:21 PM
So, we need to trade Bradley for Beckerman still because he's so useless out there right?

aajking
05-13-2015, 09:21 PM

Totally. If we can keep our DPs and add some quality defensively and on our wingers, this team can do really well in the MLS. Let's not do things Montreal-style and focus on what needs to be done first: MLS.

It would have been nice to win this year's Canadian Championship because it leads to next year's Champions League. But, not disappointed still, this team can become great in time.

denime
05-13-2015, 09:26 PM
This game showed how good we could be, if we just had a coach that could keep us organized. I have to say that Zaveleta really impressed me at cb today, he played like the real deal which is rare to see in this league.

Trane we never had a coach,since day one we are giving chances to rookie coaches to learn at job,except Preki who had head coaching MLS experience,only one.

MLSE is spending big $$$$ on players and DP and then go cheap on coaching staff,simply retarded if you as me. Seattle broke MLS rules,paid fine but got right coach from day one,we on the other hand expecting rookie coach with no previous experience and some of them not even coaching certificates(Nielsen) to coach players that have world class coaches in Europe.

WTF any of 9-10 coaches we had can teach Giovinco or Bradley about tactics,Giovinco already forgot more about soccer then Vanney will ever know.

MLSE NEEDS TO HIRE BEST COACH THEY CAN GET FOR MLS,THROW FEW BAGS OF $$$$$ AND GET IT DONE. Whats the use of all DPs when coach is over his head.

End of rant,have good night.

mook-life
05-13-2015, 09:31 PM
Trane we never had a coach,since day one we are giving chances to rookie coaches to learn at job,except Preki who had head coaching MLS experience,only one.

MLSE is spending big $$$$ on players and DP and then go cheap on coaching staff,simply retarded if you as me. Seattle broke MLS rules,paid fine but got right coach from day one,we on the other hand expecting rookie coach with no previous experience and some of them not even coaching certificates(Nielsen) to coach players that have world class coaches in Europe.

WTF any of 9-10 coaches we had can teach Giovinco or Bradley about tactics,Giovinco already forgot more about soccer then Vanney will ever know.

MLSE NEEDS TO HIRE BEST COACH THEY CAN GET FOR MLS,THROW FEW BAGS OF $$$$$ AND GET IT DONE. Whats the use of all DPs when coach is over his head.

YES!!!

billyfly
05-13-2015, 09:40 PM
Why do people sing "T.O. reject"? Don't they know that guy will always score.

Lennon
05-13-2015, 09:43 PM
Idk about you guys but I'm devastated. Most heartbreaking loss ever :frown2:

Gringo Starr
05-13-2015, 09:43 PM
AS much as this sucks to lose... I would massively prefer success in the league over the Concacaf champions league.

We should be able to have success in both, others do

TorontoFC11
05-13-2015, 09:45 PM
Replacing Jozy at such a crucial time was a big mistake. Moore has never been good at holding the ball and he's slow as molasses. Vanney's choice of subs was a head scratcher.

Lennon
05-13-2015, 09:52 PM
Who told them to let off the fireworks - we didn't actually win anything!

Fucking retarded :facepalm:

Ultra & Proud
05-13-2015, 09:55 PM
Moore has never been good at holding the ball and he's slow as molasses.
But he does bring a certain loafing factor that's not easy to find amongst pro athletes.

SmokedPanda
05-13-2015, 09:59 PM
this club has zero sense of urgency to win

Pookie
05-13-2015, 10:02 PM
If by "focus on the league" the team refers to try winning the league then yes, by all means "focus on the league". After all, that's what is usually meant by teams. Well, that and qualifying for the continental competition(s) which we can't now.

If instead, they refer to finishing top 12 in a 20 team league, then no thank you. My bar is higher.

You mean top 6 of 10 with 2 expansion teams in that mix of 10? So really, top 6 of 8. 75% chance.

MLS 2015 where below average counts.

Ultra & Proud
05-13-2015, 10:06 PM
You mean top 6 of 10 with 2 expansion teams in that mix of 10? So really, top 6 of 8. 75% chance.

MLS 2015 where below average counts.
Playoffs are obviously a goal but if finishing in sixth after a season of watching this level of play is the bar then I want a new bar. Preferably one with a lot of cheap pints because I'll need 'em to endure a full season of Vanney ball.

Pookie
05-13-2015, 10:06 PM
At this point Montreal is ahead on away goals, which is how they did their CCL run.

i guess not taking the away game seriously comes back to bite, eh?

It's too bad really. I stopped paying/caring for the Championship when they stopped playing for the Championship. It's too bad really. CCL has given us some of the only positives in our club's short existence.

TorontoFC11
05-13-2015, 10:07 PM
But he does bring a certain loafing factor that's not easy to find amongst pro athletes. That's 100% English swagger!

Pookie
05-13-2015, 10:10 PM
Playoffs are obviously a goal but if finishing in sixth after a season of watching this level of play is the bar then I want a new bar. Preferably one with a lot of cheap pints because I'll need 'em to endure a full season of Vanney ball.

absolutely. My fear is that achieving these low standards will be sold as a success... assuming they achieve the low standards of course.

This CFL like playoff structure has really hit me. The regular season becomes a series of exhibition games. The outcome matters a little but it doesn't really. In the end, it's just a show.

I wish they put more emphasis on CONCACAF. Winning that would be an achievement. Even the Canadian title. It would mean something. Gave up on that after the club did.

reggie
05-13-2015, 10:30 PM
at least jackson and findlay will be fresh for saturdays loss.

Ultra & Proud
05-13-2015, 10:34 PM
At least we'll have quality wing play.

Initial B
05-13-2015, 10:35 PM
*sigh*

Tobias!

dupont
05-13-2015, 10:43 PM
I have to say it. That was a very, very entertaining game to watch at the stadium tonight. Why didn't they play like that against Houston?

OgtheDim
05-13-2015, 10:49 PM
I have to say it. That was a very, very entertaining game to watch at the stadium tonight. Why didn't they play like that against Houston?

I think they finally realised they need a DM. Surprised it was Cheyrou doing that role though. Bradley had a good game, Altiidore and Giovinco are clicking well together.

Defence though........ugh.

Big crowd for a cup match too. Boisterous would be the right word.

The ref was out of his depth with the speed though. And the assistant on the West side looked like he enjoys pasta a bit too much.

Areathrasher
05-13-2015, 10:49 PM
*Plays 20m worth of players
*given up on Canadian Champ

FFS

InDa_110
05-13-2015, 11:03 PM
2 comments:

1. I wonder how Giovinco feels knowing he could have been in Madrid today winning Champions League semi-final, but instead is here with this coach, and defenders who have a skill level he hasn't played with since he was 10.

2. Low level seria A and all of Serie B have defenders who don't make very much money at all. Has it not occurred to Bez and co to go on shopping there? I guarantee that any defender in serie B is better than almost anyone we have here, and 75k Cdn is a raise for most of them.

OgtheDim
05-13-2015, 11:08 PM
Low level seria A and all of Serie B have defenders who don't make very much money at all. Has it not occurred to Bez and co to go on shopping there? I guarantee that any defender in serie B is better than almost anyone we have here, and 75k Cdn is a raise for most of them.

Guess where he was a few weeks ago.

BTW, Perquis didn't look as bad at the stadium as seems to have done for you all who were watching on TV. Different perspectives. Seems to be the whipping boy of the week. Regardless, we've been missing a stud CD for the whole of the time this team has been in existence. Like it or not, Perquis is an upgrade on what we normally have had.

Attack doing good, midfield working itself out. Defence got issues....what else is new.

reggie
05-13-2015, 11:13 PM
no...why would he do that...he has 800k in cbs that cant mark anybody inside the 6 yr box dom fucking oduro scores with his head unmarked from 6 yards out with 8 min to go...with his fucking head now i can say now ive seen it all.

Joe Kool
05-13-2015, 11:43 PM
Was the next round one of those games that they charged us for and now have to refund us the money? I have to go check my ticket packs. I can't remember if they did it like other years where we were charged for games they had yet to qualify for.

SirBobSaget
05-13-2015, 11:51 PM
2 comments:

1. I wonder how Giovinco feels knowing he could have been in Madrid today winning Champions League semi-final, but instead is here with this coach, and defenders who have a skill level he hasn't played with since he was 10.

2. Low level seria A and all of Serie B have defenders who don't make very much money at all. Has it not occurred to Bez and co to go on shopping there? I guarantee that any defender in serie B is better than almost anyone we have here, and 75k Cdn is a raise for most of them.

You would have to go down to C1 to find decent players on 75k Cdn. Italy is not the place to find bargains. Central America is, as the rest of MLS figured out ages ago.

Has TFC ever picked a value player out of Europe?

Auzzy
05-14-2015, 12:18 AM
Yeah that was crap.

But also I wanted to mention, amazing how much blatant grabbing & pulling Montreal got away with, to stop TFC on counter-attacks & near-breakaways. The ref vs. Houston handled it better: the first time a Houston player desperately tried to stop Altidore with persistent foul play, the official let the game continue, and then gave the Houston defender a yellow once play had stopped. That set the right tone.

MartinUtd
05-14-2015, 12:30 AM
Has TFC ever picked a value player out of Europe?

Soolsma, Rey, Earnshaw. But really only Soolsma.

Lennon
05-14-2015, 01:06 AM
Soolsma, Rey, Earnshaw. But really only Soolsma.

Soolsma <3
Can't believe he's not playing anymore.

Hamilton_Red
05-14-2015, 02:13 AM
I heard a rumour that Caldwell has been fit for a few weeks. He is out of favour not injured apparently. Anyone else hearing that?

trane
05-14-2015, 04:02 AM

You know I am with you 100% on this.

Brooker
05-14-2015, 05:07 AM
COCK-PISS-PARTRIDGE Fuck piss cock cunt wank asshole shit horsecock

http://media.giphy.com/media/X9lVEeMRSvnZm/giphy.gif

Derko
05-14-2015, 05:39 AM

Why do you support? Just a question?

MightyDM
05-14-2015, 06:20 AM
I heard a rumour that Caldwell has been fit for a few weeks. He is out of favour not injured apparently. Anyone else hearing that?

They said it was calf but if itsAchilles as well as calf it won't heal quickly. you could say the same thing about Bloom. So maybe the rumour should be about him.

OgtheDim
05-14-2015, 06:32 AM

Uninjured people out of favour still train. All journos who go to training indicate Caldwell is there but not training. i.e. He's injured. He was at the game on Sunday with his family.

Ossington Mental Youth
05-14-2015, 06:36 AM

it has, hes been over and says he will be bringing players when the window opens again

Bishop Blaize
05-14-2015, 06:38 AM

BTW, Perquis didn't look as bad at the stadium as seems to have done for you all who were watching on TV. Different perspectives. Seems to be the whipping boy of the week. Regardless, we've been missing a stud CD for the whole of the time this team has been in existence. Like it or not, Perquis is an upgrade on what we normally have had.

Attack doing good, midfield working itself out. Defence got issues....what else is new.

and rightly so, he was very poor on sunday and again tonight. I mentioned right after the game on Sunday, his positioning is terrible, and was again last night for both goals. He did make one good tackle where he deflected it wide for a corner but apart from that not good at all.I'm sure having different partners at centre back isn't helping him, I can think of at least 4 different partners he's had already this season. He was brought in as the wise old veteran to calm things at the back, bascially take over from Caldwell. He hasn't brought calmness at all, in fact his partner at centre back last night looked more like the experienced pro we thought Perquis would be.

Mateo1985
05-14-2015, 06:51 AM
Was the next round one of those games that they charged us for and now have to refund us the money? I have to go check my ticket packs. I can't remember if they did it like other years where we were charged for games they had yet to qualify for.

I remember the sales rep telling me that if TFC doesn't make it into the final of V cup, we would get tickets to a friendly match. Not sure which one though. Possibly one of the Canada team matches

brad
05-14-2015, 06:57 AM
Yeah that was crap.

But also I wanted to mention, amazing how much blatant grabbing & pulling Montreal got away with, to stop TFC on counter-attacks & near-breakaways. The ref vs. Houston handled it better: the first time a Houston player desperately tried to stop Altidore with persistent foul play, the official let the game continue, and then gave the Houston defender a yellow once play had stopped. That set the right tone.

I noticed this as well. I sort of think the league refs got the memo on the whole "star player calls", but it didn't go out to the refs last night. What I have noticed in the league is that Gio and Altidore (especially Gio) win fouls pretty much whenever they go down (even when it's questionable). Last night, I got the impression the ref went in with a "this guy is a diver" mentality and gave him nothing.

brad
05-14-2015, 07:02 AM

Interesting, but surprising if true. he's not great, but better than our other options at this stage. Unless he's fallen out of favor for non-footballing reasons.

Leedsoronto
05-14-2015, 07:11 AM
Always look on the bright side of life !!

We won last night

Scored 3 goals

We're entertaining and played like we should have played at the week end

Let's hope they keep up this enthusiastic winning streak 1 in a row is a start !! :@)

Gringo Starr
05-14-2015, 07:23 AM
This club just needs to go out and play to win each game. All the bullshit about winning culture and learning to win blows up when you pick and choose which games to try in. If they had just played like this in Montreal and put in a few away goals we would have been golden coming home but no, got to put on a show for the home opener. Glad that worked out so well.

Play to Win, why is that so hard. 2 years minimum now without CCL fuck Vanney, fuck Bez, fuck "making the playoffs" squeaking into 6th place is not good enough just go out and play to fucking win!!!

Areathrasher
05-14-2015, 07:52 AM

I was at the game and thought he looked awful.

Derko
05-14-2015, 07:54 AM

We won last night

Scored 3 goals

Let's hope they keep up this enthusiastic winning streak 1 in a row is a start !! :@)

I like this^

OgtheDim
05-14-2015, 08:10 AM
I was at the game and thought he looked awful.

Its funny cause what I saw was a guy more comfortable in his skin. He was being asked to step up towards the mids, which he loves to do and was doing so. His passing was better then normal for our defenders. I think he suffers a bit playing with Zaveletta and Hagglund. Needs somebody a bit more trustworthy back there. He feels he needs to do it all.

The sooner we get another experienced CD, the better. Unfortunately, the next window doesn't open until July 8.

ag futbol
05-14-2015, 08:25 AM
Just saw the highlights.... At the end of the day we're an incomplete team. Amazing / exciting play from our forwards but not enough skilled defenders or balance across the squad.

They succeed in signing two amazing designated players and otherwise did a below average job.

Fort York Redcoat
05-14-2015, 08:35 AM
absolutely. My fear is that achieving these low standards will be sold as a success... assuming they achieve the low standards of course.

This CFL like playoff structure has really hit me. The regular season becomes a series of exhibition games. The outcome matters a little but it doesn't really. In the end, it's just a show.

I wish they put more emphasis on CONCACAF. Winning that would be an achievement. Even the Canadian title. It would mean something. Gave up on that after the club did.

Playoffs are the more popular low bar. People will show up that don't know any better. I'm so @Brooker (http://forums.redpatchboys.ca/member.php?u=496) ing right now since I'm the stickler that went to Montreal knowing now how winnable that game was, got sick from the bus ride home for the godamn opener they put so much focus on the eighth game of how many in a season, which did them no good, and now we lost the aggregate by a genital hair.

https://media3.giphy.com/media/Qz4N65MkQtody/200.gif

Good atmo last night. Thanks to those who helped lend a voice.

But now we have no other tourney to look forward to and I have no sympathy or patience now for facing one of the best teams in the league away.

OgtheDim
05-14-2015, 08:37 AM
Morgan has a solid game....again. Now if only he and Morrow could cross the ball decently.

Areathrasher
05-14-2015, 08:38 AM
Its funny cause what I saw was a guy more comfortable in his skin. He was being asked to step up towards the mids, which he loves to do and was doing so. His passing was better then normal for our defenders. I think he suffers a bit playing with Zaveletta and Hagglund. Needs somebody a bit more trustworthy back there. He feels he needs to do it all.

The sooner we get another experienced CD, the better. Unfortunately, the next window doesn't open until July 8.

I don't think an experienced partner will make him get rid of his laziness or his ability to turn over the ball.

ryan
05-14-2015, 08:39 AM

We won last night

Scored 3 goals

I appreciate your enthusiasm but I just can't buy into that.

Maybe I'm just bloody tired of being suggested to "take away positives from yet another defeat." It's an exhausted line of thinking for me.