PDA

View Full Version : Newcastle's loss could be TFC's gain?

[NBF]
05-02-2015, 08:15 AM
You know where I'm going with this, if by chance John Carver gets sacked, than maybe its time to start the campaign for him to be rehired as TFC Manager.....sorry....head coach.g:D Take a poll.

http://cdn.sbisoccer.com/images/old/6a00e54ef2975b883301156f5b6bb0970c-pi.jpg

Joe Kool
05-02-2015, 08:26 AM
Leave the past in the past.

ensco
05-02-2015, 08:45 AM
He doesn't have enough first team managerial experience. Can we please make that a requirement for our next coach?
(How can we have had 8 managers, and only one who had any real prior experience?)

Also he was bonkers, or at least being here made him bonkers.

Pass for me.

Petor
05-02-2015, 08:51 AM
Did anyone watch the match today?
His players just basically quit on him, played like boneheads.

MartinUtd
05-02-2015, 09:14 AM
I really liked Carver, he was a character for sure. But let's move forwards instead.

Shakes McQueen
05-02-2015, 09:47 AM
Is this in jest? We would be entering self-parody territory if we re-hired Carver.

If they sack Vanney - spend some money, and bring in a manager with real, extensive managing experience on their CV. Then, short of a clear disaster, give that manager at least three seasons iron clad.

jabbronies
05-02-2015, 09:49 AM
I loved when Carver was here. He was the right guy for us at that time with the team we had built. He'll always hold a special place in TFC folklore for me. That Columbus game was the pinnacle of his time here. It was all about emotion - results....not so much.

However, times have changed. We need a real Football manager now. Carver has shown us this season that he is not capable of managing a team. As much as Pardew had to go, he didn't have Newcastle playing as bad as they are now.

I don't think he'd be sacked though. He'll be kept on as assistant manager and then the new guy will decide if he stays or goes.

I say No to Carver as TFC manager.

ag futbol
05-02-2015, 10:12 AM
The youth coach who took over for him got more out of the exact same team. Enough said.

Cashcleaner
05-02-2015, 11:57 AM
I loved when Carver was here. He was the right guy for us at that time with the team we had built. He'll always hold a special place in TFC folklore for me. That Columbus game was the pinnacle of his time here. It was all about emotion - results....not so much.

However, times have changed. We need a real Football manager now. Carver has shown us this season that he is not capable of managing a team. As much as Pardew had to go, he didn't have Newcastle playing as bad as they are now.

I don't think he'd be sacked though. He'll be kept on as assistant manager and then the new guy will decide if he stays or goes.

I say No to Carver as TFC manager.

Couldn't have said it better myself. There was a time when I wished he would come back, but the team and the league has changed so much, I don't see a good return on the investment for us. Perhaps more importantly, though, let's give Vanney a fair shake this season. We've got a good chance for a win tonight on the road which would put our record at 3-4-0; which is not too bad considering we've yet to play a single game at home.

PopePouri
05-02-2015, 02:50 PM
Let the True Geordie give his opinion on Carver.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=efRnjMjp2XM

Bishop Blaize
05-02-2015, 02:53 PM
Hes a good coach but not management material

Oldtimer
05-02-2015, 05:40 PM
Let the bTrue Geordie give his opinion on Carver.

"John Carver, if you love this club, step down. " Pretty much says it all.

MightyDM
05-03-2015, 06:26 AM
I enjoyed Carver's time here, and I have harboured doubts about Vanney, but he has shown signs of abandoning his naive formations and tactics that made us so defensively weak last year and this. Given the clubs need for stability, Vanney should continue to be given a chance but, given his inexperience, on a short leash.

My concern with Vanney all along has been results on the field caused directly by his poor tactics and strategy, and sometimes selections - but - the second half against Vancouver and the Orlando game showed he can abandon the 4-3-3 and the "front foot" nonsense for practical football that plays to our strengths and protects our weaknesses. Yesterday's game doesn't prove much either way but the benefit of the doubt should go to him for the clean sheet and the win. So 2.5 games out of 18 or so.

The other thing about Vanney that irks me a bit is that he seems like he is part of a league wide project to give young US managers with little experience but apparent potential a chance on the basis that US soccer should develop its young managers. I know the league models itself as the U.S. development league but I'd rather TFC not always get sucked into that.

Ossington Mental Youth
05-03-2015, 10:10 AM
No. Not at all.

notthesun
05-03-2015, 10:23 AM
lol.

SoccMan2
05-03-2015, 10:31 AM
Wow there are actually people out there that would bring him back as coach really, incredible, we were crap when he was here what did he do that would merit bringing him back, Newcastle is in shambles under him, but ya let's bring him back to TFC.

Shakes McQueen
05-03-2015, 11:30 AM
If he ever comes back, it should only be because, at the pace we fire coaches, we'll have hired and fired every coach on the planet and come full circle back to him.

JayMolly
05-03-2015, 03:34 PM
We don't believe NUFC is in shambles because of John Carver.
It appears ownership is a disaster under Mike Ashley.
If and when Carver is 'fired' or 'steps down', perhaps Alan Pardew is sure to call him?

Canary10
05-03-2015, 05:13 PM
Wow there are actually people out there that would bring him back as coach really, incredible, we were crap when he was here what did he do that would merit bringing him back, Newcastle is in shambles under him, but ya let's bring him back to TFC.

He was handed a mess. Don't think he should come back but don't blame him for Newcastle.

PopePouri
05-04-2015, 08:55 AM
He was handed a mess. Don't think he should come back but don't blame him for Newcastle.

I don't think Pardew would have gone 8 losses in a row and he's not that great of a manager.

Bishop Blaize
05-04-2015, 01:25 PM
I don't think Pardew would have gone 8 losses in a row and he's not that great of a manager.

he was league manager of the year in 2012 when Newcastle finished 5th, and some reporters are suggesting he may get it again this season for the turnaround at Palace under him.

PizzaEatingYeti
05-04-2015, 01:39 PM
. N o .

jloome
05-04-2015, 02:04 PM
Carver is a nut, and he lacks professionalism on multiple levels. We were a sub-.500 team after him and his assistant, who had never managed before, managed to keep us a game above .500. No, no, no, no. Anyone who really sees what the guy is like understands exactly why Newcastle is where it's at under him.

TFC Tifoso
05-04-2015, 02:32 PM
I would take Carver back maybe as Team Mascot, where things like "energy" and "passion" can be used to an advatage........as manager/coach, my first choice would be someone who shows tactical competence....it may not be in the guy we have now, but its certainly not Carver either.......

Areathrasher
05-05-2015, 11:45 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5Sg9K-O7iw

gate7
05-05-2015, 06:55 PM
YES! Best coach we ever had

gate7
05-05-2015, 06:56 PM
i heard someone say he never get fired from TFC?

Captain Cook
05-05-2015, 07:54 PM
http://i57.tinypic.com/3179ms6.gif

Globetrotter
05-05-2015, 08:19 PM
Let the True Geordie give his opinion on Carver.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=efRnjMjp2XM

I don't normally watch these, but that was great. The guy didn't take a breath in 9 minutes. How does one go 9 minutes on a rant that's so logical, no script, no flubbing of words, no ums or ahs, no duplication of topic - this really was phenomenal.

notthesun
05-07-2015, 08:45 PM
Carver is a nut, and he lacks professionalism on multiple levels.

While this thread is still up here... he called himself the best coach in the Premier League.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/32627362

Red CB Toronto
05-09-2015, 08:17 AM
For anyone interested, TSN in about 45 minutes will have the Newcastle West Brom game. Looking forward to seeing JC lead them to their first victory, put an end to this streak. In Carver We Trust !!

General Woolfe
05-10-2015, 11:16 AM
Im struggling to believe this is a serious question???

Carver is way out of his depth at Newcastle where his skills as coach are being severely shown up. Throwing a player under the bus is not the way to united a dressing room for a relegation challenge. He was a cheap option for Ashley, much as Kenny McDowell was at Rangers. The fat cockney only cares about what he can make out of Newcastle, nothing else

To even consider him as coach of TFC is utter madness imho

TFC_Allez
05-11-2015, 02:56 PM
this thread and the poll cant be serious. lol if it is, then why bring back Carver, we should bring back Cummins or Winter or maybe even...dare I say...Preki :hide:

gate7
05-11-2015, 09:06 PM
all the above are better than we have now.....Carver included^^^

Qman
05-11-2015, 09:38 PM
i like how john has selfproclaimed "he his the best manager in the premiership"
... LOL without actually EVER being a fulltime manager, he's only had caretaker roles

Fifa Ninja
05-12-2015, 06:58 PM
If John Carver is the answer then what's the question again? The idea that a man who is the laughing stock of the English Premier League and who may be responsible for taking a club from the top half of the table to relegation in less than half a season is somehow going to transform Torontos fortunes ... well I'm pretty speechless to be honest. Might as well get one of the ball boys to have a stab at being manager, he won't do any worse I promise you.

The Footy Diary
05-12-2015, 07:35 PM
As a coach he's probably a good option but as a manager/head coach he's well out of his depth currently.

Bishop Blaize
05-13-2015, 07:56 AM
i like how john has selfproclaimed "he his the best manager in the premiership"
... LOL without actually EVER being a fulltime manager, he's only had caretaker roles

he didn't say that, he said he's the best coach.
He's not a manager, he probably knows deep down that himself. He's a decent coach though. Many a good/decent coach has struggled in the step up to the manager's role. eg Brian Kidd is an obvious example.
I honestly don't see Carver going anywhere to manage, he may stay at Newcastle under a new regime in some sort of coaching capacity, or even to another club but only as a coach never as a manager, and it certainly won't be us.