PDA

View Full Version : Game 6: Pre, In and Post Game - TFC at Orlando City

Pages : [1] 2

Red CB Toronto
04-20-2015, 11:37 AM
APR 26, 2015 TFC at Orlando City

7:00PM EDT at Citrus Bowl

TSN2

With both teams coming off losses this past weekend, both The Reds and Orlando chould be motivated for a win. Hopefully Seba can continue with his magical touch and the Reds will come off victorious after the bizzare evening they had in Dallas.

Fort York Redcoat
04-20-2015, 11:45 AM
Orlando at Columbus was a schellacking. Another great place to turn it around.

barticusz
04-20-2015, 11:58 AM
This is the beginning of the turn around for us. We will come out and win this game 2-0.

OgtheDim
04-20-2015, 12:00 PM
No expectations. None of this "must win" crap. Should we win? Should we draw? Will we lose? I don't know anymore. After Saturday I'm just too mentally exhausted to care about what should be.

Fix the defence. Play good offence. If we still don't get a result, at least there has been progress.

In theory, it should be a wonderful offensive showdown.

Areathrasher
04-20-2015, 12:07 PM
Just get some points on the board in the next two games. Take some pressure off before the home opener.

Ultra & Proud
04-20-2015, 12:17 PM
We may get points from this but we will in no way even threaten a clean sheet. No way.

Red4ever
04-20-2015, 12:32 PM
3-1 loss. No hope for this team until we play a few home games.

barticusz
04-20-2015, 01:04 PM
3-1 loss. No hope for this team until we play a few home games.

Really, no hope?

We've been in contention in every single game this year, other than the Crew game because we were down a man for 45. And this is even with our horrendous defending. Our offense keeps us alive which is fantastic news. Orlando should match up pretty well against us, from what I've seen they don't rely on their speed so much as their buildup play.

Pint
04-20-2015, 01:07 PM
So this game is on at the same time as game 4 of the raps vs wiz series?

Initial B
04-20-2015, 01:39 PM
I think a lot of us are starting to see everything regarding TFC in a negative light due to the road trip start and the probability of the Argos coming to BMO and it's colouring every current thread that is on this message board. Many posters are sounding miserable.

Looking at this next game objectively, I see no reason TFC can't win or tie this game. Orlando is an expansion team that also has some defensive issues with one of their starters red-carded for this coming match. I see a high-scoring game for both sides. 2-2 or 3-2 for TFC.

dupont
04-20-2015, 01:52 PM

I guess I'll be missing the Raptors game then.

Red CB Toronto
04-20-2015, 01:56 PM
I guess I'll be missing the Raptors game then.

The Reds will be over way before the Raptors, so watching the 4th quarter when it really matters is what a lot of us will be doing.

Ultra & Proud
04-20-2015, 01:58 PM
I think a lot of us are starting to see everything regarding TFC in a negative light due to the road trip start and the probability of the Argos coming to BMO and it's colouring every current thread that is on this message board. Many posters are sounding miserable.

Looking at this next game objectively, I see no reason TFC can't win or tie this game. Orlando is an expansion team that also has some defensive issues with one of their starters red-carded for this coming match. I see a high-scoring game for both sides. 2-2 or 3-2 for TFC.

Hard not to be miserable when you see mistakes of the past repeating themselves again and again. It's true there is no reason we can't win or draw but there are a lot of reasons why we probably won't.

Derko
04-20-2015, 03:08 PM

Really!! I don't give a fuck about the Raptors, I give a fuck about TFC, they could be playing the same time as the FA Cup final, I will still be watching TFC.
Just my thoughts

Fort York Redcoat
04-20-2015, 03:37 PM
Really!! I don't give a fuck about the Raptors, I give a fuck about TFC, they could be playing the same time as the FA Cup final, I will still be watching TFC.
Just my thoughts

Not everyone knows their plans Derko.

A for instance - Knowing you can't make it to Joe's or another footy first pub and knowing what you're up against asking to put the game on.

It pays to know what else is going on if one is dealing with the public in their particular viewing venue.

Doesn't necessarily mean split loyalties to keep track.

Pint
04-20-2015, 04:08 PM
Yep for me it basically means watching the game at home as nowhere in Burlington will put the TFC game on over the raps game.

FRANKIE65
04-20-2015, 05:11 PM
Yep for me it basically means watching the game at home as nowhere in Burlington will put the TFC game on over the raps game.

Yup, crappy stream for me for this match since I don't get TSN 2....ARGH.

Brooker
04-20-2015, 06:09 PM
Make it to halftime with a draw and I'll be dancing in the streets.

Ultra & Proud
04-20-2015, 06:28 PM
Make it to halftime with a draw and I'll be dancing in the streets.
#loweredexpectations

QBall
04-20-2015, 09:25 PM
Forget Seba, we need Altidore to get off his ass and start contributing. If he puts on a USA MNT kit he's a lion. He puts on TFC red (or onyx) he becomes a lamb. I'm beginning to wonder if we've been sold a bill of goods.

Auzzy
04-20-2015, 10:05 PM
It's very nice that none of the TSN2-4 games are blocked on MLS Live this year!!

Ossington Mental Youth
04-21-2015, 12:03 AM
It's very nice that none of the TSN2-4 games are blocked on MLS Live this year!!

vpns work

trane
04-21-2015, 05:12 AM
I think that we have enough to win, but with our defensive flaws, I always expect to give up easy goals, which makes it hard to win against anyone.

MightyDM
04-21-2015, 05:35 AM
I wonder if what we need is a formation to play to the players strengths and protect their weaknesses. Three at the back, for example, with wing backs would do that. There is some risk of being over run in the middle but that is where Bradley's work rate and mobility can help. That way, Osorio or Findlay could play in the middle where they are more comfortable, Morgan be a wingback where his pace and width could be a real asset, Jackson, Bloom or Crevealle could have their different weaknesses protected and strengths used. Something like this:

Perquis-Caldwell-Morrow
Jackson-Bradley-Cheyrou-Morgan
Osorio
Altidore-Giovinco

or substitute Warner for Bradley and Bradley for Osorio, to free up Bradley. At least in these scenarios our players strengths are being utilized and their weaknesses minimized.

Auzzy
04-21-2015, 01:03 PM
vpns work

I know, I use them when needed, but it's better & less hassle without. Plus I consider it a matter of fairness. I don't like the shenanigans the cable companies (= broadcasters) play.

Ossington Mental Youth
04-21-2015, 01:32 PM
I know, I use them when needed, but it's better & less hassle without. Plus I consider it a matter of fairness. I don't like the shenanigans the cable companies (= broadcasters) play.

Exactly how I justify it. Either I pay MLS and they get my money and I use a vpn or I pay pirates and league gets squat

Ossington Mental Youth
04-21-2015, 01:33 PM
I found a couple ftr that are easy to use and reasonably priced re VPN

OgtheDim
04-21-2015, 02:47 PM
REF: JOSE CARLOS RIVERO
AR1: Peter Manikowski
AR2: Adam Wienckowski
4TH: Daniel Fitzgerald

Derko
04-21-2015, 02:50 PM
Not everyone knows their plans Derko.

A for instance - Knowing you can't make it to Joe's or another footy first pub and knowing what you're up against asking to put the game on.

It pays to know what else is going on if one is dealing with the public in their particular viewing venue.

Doesn't necessarily mean split loyalties to keep track.

I know, I know, talk about flying off at the deep end, sorry folks :hump:

notthesun
04-21-2015, 03:15 PM
Orlando is without their starting RB, Ramos got a straight red against Columbus last match.

Ultra & Proud
04-21-2015, 03:23 PM
Orlando is without their starting RB, Ramos got a straight red against Columbus last match.
Bad news is that we might get ours back (Creavalle).

Cas87
04-21-2015, 03:32 PM
^ TBH I hope Vanney has learned his lesson and just uses the same back line as last week (post rain/thunder shower) as it was somewhat stable for the remainder of the game.

Morrow -- Perquis -- Haggs -- Morgan

And keep Creavalle to the bench.

Greatest Ripoff
04-21-2015, 04:08 PM
For anyone in the UK, this will be on Sky Sports. First TFC match on TV here this year.

FRANKIE65
04-21-2015, 05:40 PM
^ TBH I hope Vanney has learned his lesson and just uses the same back line as last week (post rain/thunder shower) as it was somewhat stable for the remainder of the game.

Was talking to Caldwell last Saturday night, he seemed pretty confident he'd be able to play in Orlando.

Areathrasher
04-21-2015, 07:02 PM
Orlando play on turf, would it be wise to risk Caldwell and Bloom coming off injuries there?

FRANKIE65
04-21-2015, 07:36 PM
Orlando play on turf, would it be wise to risk Caldwell and Bloom coming off injuries there?

Good point, think Steven is sick of just watching. I'd love to see Bloom get in, too, but, would hate to see him out for months.

Cashcleaner
04-21-2015, 08:37 PM
I know it's too early in the week to put much stock in it, but the forecast for Orlando on Sunday expects a high of 33 Celsius with high winds, rain, and possible thunderstorms.

But like I said, Sunday is a long way off...

OgtheDim
04-21-2015, 10:23 PM
Thunderstorms?

Gotta go to work Monday so don't know if I can stay up until 2 again. :scarf:

OgtheDim
04-22-2015, 09:33 AM
Press is at TFC training both today and tomorrow. Should get some ideas on Caldwell, Cheyrou, Simonin, Zaveletta and Bloom today.

OgtheDim
04-22-2015, 12:13 PM
Caldwell: "I'm getting there. It's a process. There's a fine line between pushing it and pushing too hard." #TFCLive

Doesn't sound like somebody going to be playing this weekend.

Areathrasher
04-22-2015, 12:14 PM
"pushing it too hard" = coming back from injury and playing on turf?

OgtheDim
04-23-2015, 10:35 AM
Kurtis Larson ‏@KurtLarSUN (https://twitter.com/KurtLarSUN) 13m13 minutes ago (https://twitter.com/KurtLarSUN/status/591260449670356992) TFC vs. Orlando a big event down in Florida. Clubs will hold a joint press conference with Shea, Kaka, Altidore and Bradley Saturday.

FRANKIE65
04-23-2015, 11:50 AM
Caldwell: "I'm getting there. It's a process. There's a fine line between pushing it and pushing too hard." #TFCLive

Doesn't sound like somebody going to be playing this weekend.

Interesting, as last Saturday he said not going to Dallas was more of a precautionary thing. Better he fully heals, than risk it on turf, anyways.

Areathrasher
04-23-2015, 12:03 PM
Interesting, as last Saturday he said not going to Dallas was more of a precautionary thing. Better he fully heals, than risk it on turf, anyways.

Also, if you watch the interview, he mentions the achilles problem being something he has dealt with for years.

Ossington Mental Youth
04-23-2015, 12:30 PM
Also, if you watch the interview, he mentions the achilles problem being something he has dealt with for years.

Starting to think we should rid of him all together. Hes injured more than hes fit at the moment and his leadership helps but 300k and a starting position?

Areathrasher
04-23-2015, 12:31 PM
Starting to think we should rid of him all together. Hes injured more than hes fit at the moment and his leadership helps but 300k and a starting position?

Closer to 400k than 300k IIRC.

Yea, Kenny Coopering him looks like a good idea.

pdubs
04-23-2015, 01:15 PM

This. And I hope he abandons the suicidal high line. Not sure of Orlando's speed but we have been burned a lot this year.

Milanista
04-23-2015, 01:21 PM
gotta love it when manager implement high lines when a)your defense hasnt been stable all season and new people keep coming in and out of the back line, they haven't had time to gel b)your defense is slow, playing a high line is plain wrong

Yohan
04-23-2015, 01:46 PM
Closer to 400k than 300k IIRC.

Yea, Kenny Coopering him looks like a good idea.
you cant if he's on a guaranteed contract. Cooper was a special case cuz Seattle made their intent to buy him out prior to start of season, pending on CBA

molenshtain
04-23-2015, 01:47 PM
you cant if he's on a guaranteed contract. Cooper was a special case cuz Seattle made their intent to buy him out prior to start of season, pending on CBA

aren't teams allowed one buyout per season?

Ultra & Proud
04-23-2015, 01:54 PM
I think that date has passed.

OgtheDim
04-23-2015, 01:55 PM

Was in the past, but this being a new CBA, who knows.

Areathrasher
04-23-2015, 02:01 PM

#ThatsSoMLS

portu
04-23-2015, 02:20 PM
New TSN FC out skip ahead to around 13:00 to hear Jason de Vos make unfounded and hypocritical statements about TFC

Ultra & Proud
04-23-2015, 02:23 PM
New TSN FC out skip ahead to around 13:00 to hear Jason de Vos make unfounded and hypocritical statements about TFC
I hit mute or leave when I see his head on my TV blathering. I have a lot of better things to listen to than some buffoon.

portu
04-23-2015, 02:25 PM
I hit mute or leave when I see his head on my TV blathering. I have a lot of better things to listen to than some buffoon.
Sometimes he's got smart things to say just never about us

portu
04-23-2015, 02:30 PM
Can we start a #FuckYouJason trend whenever we win

Mateo1985
04-23-2015, 02:31 PM
How many people are coming to Shoeless Joes to watch this game?

See you all there!!!:scarf:

Red I
04-23-2015, 02:31 PM
gotta love it when manager implement high lines when a)your defense hasnt been stable all season and new people keep coming in and out of the back line, they haven't had time to gel b)your defense is slow, playing a high line is plain wrong

Trying to do the same thing expecting different results... :frown:

shwade
04-23-2015, 02:44 PM
Sometimes he's got smart things to say just never about us

To be fair there's not much good things to be said about us. But yeah, he's annoying.

CBTFC
04-23-2015, 03:34 PM
Safe to say that if we fail to at least draw in Orlando, we reach for the panic button...

Ossington Mental Youth
04-23-2015, 03:41 PM

he drives me up the wall. i have no clue why but i feel like hes really petty, especially when they are joking around, feel like he takes it personally and strikes back maliciously. all completely unfounded statements obviously.

Blixa
04-23-2015, 03:41 PM
We need to get something out of this game badly.

molenshtain
04-23-2015, 03:49 PM
Safe to say that if we fail to at least draw in Orlando, we reach for the panic button...

some might. it's too early in the season given the circumstances to know if reaching for that panic button would be warranted. we might lose in Orlando, then go to Philly and beat a truly fucking terrible team in the Union, before going back and spending two months mostly playing host to some teams who are sure as shit not going to be good this season (two games against D.C., Houston, MTL, SJ, Plastic cunts FC). Lot's could happen. From what I've seen, a summer addition or two on the backline plus that may-june stretch of games could leave us in a great position for the rest of the season, regardless of where we'll be after these 7 away games are over.

It should be noted that we've already played 5 away games against teams who are all making the playoffs this year. And yes, I think you're ignorant if you don't think Chicago is making the playoffs with that roster in this conference.

Red I
04-23-2015, 04:00 PM
I know this is a thread about the Orlando game, but that De Vos rant was same hat as his previous ones. Yes, we get it, you've said it multiple times that you don't like how Toronto goes about at the grassroots levels, developing players, yadayadayada...

But, they are still churning out players for the youth national teams, and now have a USL team that will help develop on-the-cusp players for the first team - so there's positive steps in the right direction, but nah, Jason can't mention that because history.

And he's going on and on about foreigner leadership coming in and not having success, but then goes and says you have to give people chances that have no experience so they get experience... like dude, you just gave your own counter-point

I dunno why he goes on an on about Canadian coaching and staff, what that has to do with anything this club is going through right now is so irrelevant, so whatever dude.

I like De Vos, but you can't get on the soapbox and say the same thing over and over without it grinding people. I was with him when it seemed that the team could be doing a better job at developing players, but they have a great facility now, they have a better path to the first team than before - and the team consistently puts on coaching workshops for the local youth coaching... enough already De Vos, don't put Toronto on this pedastal of excrement when it was a fundamental flaw with the national devlopment of players, not just a local one.

molenshtain
04-23-2015, 04:01 PM

again, we don't need anything (other than some players on the backline obviously). We could lose this game and very much still stand a good chance of winning in philly, before going home and playing some very shitty teams for two months.

shwade
04-23-2015, 04:05 PM
again, we don't need anything (other than some players on the backline obviously). We could lose this game and very much still stand a good chance of winning in philly, before going home and playing some very shitty teams for two months.

I hope Vanney and the players aren't going into the game with this line of thinking.

molenshtain
04-23-2015, 04:06 PM
I hope Vanney and the players aren't going into the game with this line of thinking.

Neither do I...?

shwade
04-23-2015, 04:13 PM
A win is needed if only for morale. Also so Gio doesn't get 'homesick'.

molenshtain
04-23-2015, 04:24 PM
A win is needed if only for morale. Also so Gio doesn't get 'homesick'.

is it though? this is a group of professional footballers, not a group of teenagers. I'd agree that last season a lot of the locker room influence was either in the wrong places or was absent, which was part of why we had a hard time overcoming Nelsen's tactics getting figured out, but this is a much more veteran and adaptable team. They're not going to lie down because they've got a few bad breaks.

OgtheDim
04-23-2015, 04:35 PM

Defence changes are likely coming, regardless of what happens on Sunday night.

shwade
04-23-2015, 04:46 PM
is it though? this is a group of professional footballers, not a group of teenagers. I'd agree that last season a lot of the locker room influence was either in the wrong places or was absent, which was part of why we had a hard time overcoming Nelsen's tactics getting figured out, but this is a much more veteran and adaptable team. They're not going to lie down because they've got a few bad breaks.

I would agree generally but this set of players don't seem to be particularly thick skinned...remember last year when Bez chimed in with his 'must win' comment and then they shit the bed that match. Same core group too - Bradley, Oso, Jackson, Caldwell, Bednik etc

molenshtain
04-23-2015, 04:54 PM
I would agree generally but this set of players don't seem to be particularly thick skinned...remember last year when Bez chimed in with his 'must win' comment and then they shit the bed that match. Same core group too - Bradley, Oso, Jackson, Caldwell, Bednik etc

That's not what happened. I thought we all came to an agreement at some point? the team basically gave up on Nelsen didn't they?

It's also not the same core group. The problem last year was that guys like Osorio and Oduro and Moore and Warner and Doneil and Hagglund were forced into playing significantly bigger roles than they should have. None of those guys should have been taking on significant leadership roles. The additions of Altidore, Findley Cheyrou and Perquis were widely talked about by the club as being the cure for what we lacked last season in terms leadership. All of those guys are veterans who have dealt with adversity in their careers yet still came out on top. I trust those guys.

shwade
04-23-2015, 05:01 PM
That's not what happened. I thought we all came to an agreement at some point? the team basically gave up on Nelsen didn't they?

It's also not the same core group. The problem last year was that guys like Osorio and Oduro and Moore and Warner and Doneil and Hagglund were forced into playing significantly bigger roles than they should have. None of those guys should have been taking on significant leadership roles. The additions of Altidore, Findley Cheyrou and Perquis were widely talked about by the club as being the cure for what we lacked last season in terms leadership. All of those guys are veterans who have dealt with adversity in their careers yet still came out on top. I trust those guys.

Yeah, true...they have brought in leaders this season, let's just hope the little guys don't give up again. Cheyrou and Co can't carry this team alone.

MightyDM
04-23-2015, 08:35 PM

Have to disagree there. What we need is a good 90 minute performance, particularly defensively. We need that badly. A win is far less important than the performance. If Orlando scores at will like Chicago, RSL and Dallas did (and Vancouver almost did), we are in trouble.

molenshtain
04-23-2015, 08:40 PM
Have to disagree there. What we need is a good 90 minute performance, particularly defensively. We need that badly. A win is far less important than the performance. If Orlando scores at will like Chicago, RSL and Dallas did (and Vancouver almost did), we are in trouble.

I was arguing that we don't need a win, not that it wouldn't be nice to get a good performance in a tough environment. I still think that regardless of our performance on Saturday it won't hurt our chances during our stupendously easy next 12 or so games. A bad performance wouldn't help, but I doubt it would do much damage. Everyone on this team seems to have pretty realistic ideas about how growing as a team works, not like last year when you could actually feel everything going to shit after every bad performance down the stretch.

MightyDM
04-23-2015, 08:40 PM

No, we did not reach any such agreement.

MightyDM
04-23-2015, 08:43 PM
I was arguing that we don't need a win, not that it wouldn't be nice to get a good performance in a tough environment. I still think that regardless of our performance on Saturday it won't hurt our chances during our stupendously easy next 12 or so games. A bad performance wouldn't help, but I doubt it would do much damage. Everyone on this team seems to have pretty realistic ideas about how growing as a team works, not like last year when you could actually feel everything going to shit after every bad performance down the stretch.

If we cannot defend, we are going to keep losing. Vanney needs to show very soon that he can coach his teams to defend or we are in trouble on the field and he is in trouble off it.

molenshtain
04-23-2015, 08:45 PM
No, we did not reach any such agreement.

I was being facetious, sort of.

MightyDM
04-23-2015, 08:49 PM
I was being facetious, sort of.

Ah. That makes sense!

molenshtain
04-23-2015, 08:51 PM
If we cannot defend, we are going to keep losing. Vanney needs to show very soon that he can coach his teams to defend or we are in trouble on the field and he is in trouble off it.

The defense will naturally improve slightly, if only because it's highly unlikely we'll let in 2.5 goals a game this year, regardless of who's back there and who's coaching. And sometimes teams take a while to figure out a certain aspect of the game as a team. Took Vancouver a year and a half under Robbo to not have a shit defense, for example. Then they got Waston and everything was great. It's unreasonable to expect everything to click right away, especially with that many injuries on the backline.

ronzilla
04-23-2015, 08:53 PM
Yeah, true...they have brought in leaders this season, let's just hope the little guys don't give up again. Cheyrou and Co can't carry this team alone.

I think you mean Seba.

MightyDM
04-23-2015, 09:15 PM
The defense will naturally improve slightly, if only because it's highly unlikely we'll let in 2.5 goals a game this year, regardless of who's back there and who's coaching. And sometimes teams take a while to figure out a certain aspect of the game as a team. Took Vancouver a year and a half under Robbo to not have a shit defense, for example. Then they got Waston and everything was great. It's unreasonable to expect everything to click right away, especially with that many injuries on the backline.
its reasonable to expect that the right back isn't left exposed against the oppositions best player after a two week layoff.

molenshtain
04-23-2015, 09:18 PM
its reasonable to expect that the right back isn't left exposed against the oppositions best player after a two week layoff.

It's unreasonable to think our third string RB will play every game.

Ultra & Proud
04-23-2015, 09:28 PM
No worries. Creavalle's back. Right side is locked down.

AdamAM
04-24-2015, 12:14 AM
:smilielol5::smilielol5::smilielol5::smilielol5::s milielol5:

mcolvy
04-24-2015, 12:33 AM

A lot of blame is being put on the defence and mostly on the rightback... But, when these fullbacks are asked to attack high up the pitch, we are left vulnerable to wing attacks. It is how it works. Physically. Our real, deeper problem is that when our centrebacks shift out wide to fill in the gap left open, we have no cover for them centrally from midfield support ( not to mention that our CBs don't have the speed to peel out wide to cover very well). The slowness aside, Wwen fullbacks go up north, you need a central midfielder to have a defensive role and slot in when CBs get pulled around... So when a CB shifts out wide, the holding Mid slides back into the defensive line. We just don't have those type of switches. I blame it on not having a dedicated DM. Bradley gets caught up field making late runs and although he does get back down the field well, he is still behind the ball to a point of not being able to support the defensive line. Our shuttlers also are not given that defensive responsibility. Our defensive line is hung out to dry.

This is on Vanney because you can't have this type of attacking fullback play in a 4-man backline without a midfielder committed to shielding the defence. Our 4 defenders play like they are in a 5-man defence. Wide defenders allow opponents room to utilize space in behind them and Left/Right centerbacks, without hesitation, chase the play out wide....BUT there is no central CB in the mix to balance the line.

I find it to be a pretty simple adjustment, just requires someone within Vanney's current system to take up a deeper role in midfield, one where the player can still impact the game moving forward (spray the ball around, act as an outlet), but that they play a holding role and influence from deep. The problem is who is going to bloody do it?? Bradley has been put at the bottom of the diamond to maybe do this, but he doesn't commit to this part of the game. Do you see Beckerman running around all parts of the pitch like Bradley does? No! Cause you can't shield a backline when you play box-to-box.
Is Warner the answer? I don't think so; he is a pretty poor defender and atrocious in the tackle. So, when he does jump in to support the defensive line, we are still pretty vulnerable. Truth be told, Warner is at his best when he is higher up the field, able to make runs foward. We need a DM badly...

General Woolfe
04-24-2015, 01:52 AM

We do. However if were reliant on Caldwell to turn things around, there something seriously wrong given the squad we have. Whether or not he plays i've a nasty feeling Kaka could do some real damage against us

General Woolfe
04-24-2015, 01:57 AM
A lot of blame is being put on the defence and mostly on the rightback... But, when these fullbacks are asked to attack high up the pitch, we are left vulnerable to wing attacks. It is how it works. Physically. Our real, deeper problem is that when our centrebacks shift out wide to fill in the gap left open, we have no cover for them centrally from midfield support ( not to mention that our CBs don't have the speed to peel out wide to cover very well). The slowness aside, Wwen fullbacks go up north, you need a central midfielder to have a defensive role and slot in when CBs get pulled around... So when a CB shifts out wide, the holding Mid slides back into the defensive line. We just don't have those type of switches. I blame it on not having a dedicated DM. Bradley gets caught up field making late runs and although he does get back down the field well, he is still behind the ball to a point of not being able to support the defensive line. Our shuttlers also are not given that defensive responsibility. Our defensive line is hung out to dry.

This is on Vanney because you can't have this type of attacking fullback play in a 4-man backline without a midfielder committed to shielding the defence. Our 4 defenders play like they are in a 5-man defence. Wide defenders allow opponents room to utilize space in behind them and Left/Right centerbacks, without hesitation, chase the play out wide....BUT there is no central CB in the mix to balance the line.

I find it to be a pretty simple adjustment, just requires someone within Vanney's current system to take up a deeper role in midfield, one where the player can still impact the game moving forward (spray the ball around, act as an outlet), but that they play a holding role and influence from deep. The problem is who is going to bloody do it?? Bradley has been put at the bottom of the diamond to maybe do this, but he doesn't commit to this part of the game. Do you see Beckerman running around all parts of the pitch like Bradley does? No! Cause you can't shield a backline when you play box-to-box.
Is Warner the answer? I don't think so; he is a pretty poor defender and atrocious in the tackle. So, when he does jump in to support the defensive line, we are still pretty vulnerable. Truth be told, Warner is at his best when he is higher up the field, able to make runs foward. We need a DM badly...

We had one (and one of the leagus best) in Laba, but dumped him without a second thought to overpay on Bradley

woolly
04-24-2015, 03:15 AM
We had one (and one of the leagues best) in Laba, but dumped him without a second thought to overpay on Bradley

We did dump Laba, and I think everyone feels that it was a dumb idea at some level... But odds are that Laba might not have been such a standout without Robbo's influence (being arguably our best DM). If Laba had stayed, he would likely have been played out of position or underutilized by our coaches.

OgtheDim
04-24-2015, 06:21 AM
It's unreasonable to think our third string RB will play every game.

Its also been stated a number of times by Vanney that Hagglund went high when he should not have.

Let me repeat that cause people seem to be ignoring this.

Hagglund screwed up by playing high - that was not the plan.

i.e. The High position that caused the first two goals was a dumb mistake by

a sophomore defender
who was by all accounts the only defender comfortable with playing that position
who has played in that position before in MLS
and we all praised him for his play at RB last season
with some people on here actually wanting Hagglund to be our RB this season

I blame Vanney for not forcing Morrow out of his comfort zone and into RB - I'm not sure how many managers would have tried that though. Not many LB's are comfortable at RB.

And, again, I find it very interesting that people on here are quite willing to say Crevalle can't play and makes dumb mistakes but when it comes to Hagglund, its the coach's fault.

Frankly I'm not impressed with either of those 2 at RB and hope Bloom is back this weekend.

Lost in all this - the return of Ashton Morgan to being a decent MLS quality sub.

Bishop Blaize
04-24-2015, 06:28 AM
We do. However if were reliant on Caldwell to turn things around, there something seriously wrong given the squad we have. Whether or not he plays i've a nasty feeling Kaka could do some real damage against us

It's like the old school Keegan's Newcastle mentality at the minute with us, you score 2 we tryand score 3, defence is unfortunately an afterthought until we get injuries back, new defenders in, and a system where we have some sort of help from midfield to protect back 4.

Ultra & Proud
04-24-2015, 08:34 AM
Hagglund screwed up by playing high - that was not the plan.

You know, I'd buy that if it wasn't happening consistently through all 5 matches and with different FBs.

ensco
04-24-2015, 08:47 AM
Given the news flow this week, how do we not get blown to smithereens in this game?

Ossington Mental Youth
04-24-2015, 09:01 AM
Given the news flow this week, how do we not get blown to smithereens in this game?

mostly cuz Orlando arent that good

Yohan
04-24-2015, 09:03 AM
we'll see if Vanney being fired rumour has any legs by seeing just how much effort the players put in for him.

though I think we'll get shredded by Orlando. Bradley not playing DM first and letting Kaka have a free role roaming, who will create for other pacy Orlando attackers to exploit our defence

Yohan
04-24-2015, 09:04 AM
if they had a consistent finisher, they'd be higher up on the standings. Kaka and co has been creating plenty of good chances. Orlando just have problems finishing them, to Larin is starting to look like he can finish

ronzilla
04-24-2015, 09:06 AM
I expect another shellacking. 4-2 L

Vanney just doesn't understand that the flanks need to be shored up.

OgtheDim
04-24-2015, 09:10 AM
....though I think we'll get shredded by Orlando. Bradley not playing DM first and letting Kaka have a free role roaming, who will create for other pacy Orlando attackers to exploit our defence

FWIW, Cheyrou is going to be back.

Ultra & Proud
04-24-2015, 09:55 AM
I expect another shellacking. 4-2 L
Well if that happens a lot of people will still be happy because we should be near the top of the league in scoring still and we'll be playing attractive, attacking football. That's what matters I think.

Derko
04-24-2015, 10:04 AM
Play Seba wide? Is Osorio becoming another Kyle Bekker? Play Bradley higher up and I have faith in Warner. Hopefully Bloom will start at RB. Just a few thoughts.

Derko
04-24-2015, 10:05 AM
Well if that happens a lot of people will still be happy because we should be near the top of the league in scoring still and we'll be playing attractive, attacking football. That's what matters I think.

I think it is more attractive to score more goals than the other team.

OgtheDim
04-24-2015, 10:19 AM

The reason why the amount of goals is brought up is because there are people on here that say the whole team is crud and nothing is going right at all and this is the same quality of team we have always had.

Everybody knows our defence is crap. Some people are so blinded by their disgust at losing that they don't see what is going well. They think we play like we did in 2012.

As I've said, if we lose the next 3 games and the defence doesn't look like its been fixed, Vanney will likely be on the way out.

The idea of losing in order to win later is just awful. There are people in here who have actually said they'd rather we lose so we get the coach they would prefer. I don't get that.

Ultra & Proud
04-24-2015, 10:36 AM
The reason why the amount of goals is brought up is because there are people on here that say the whole team is crud and nothing is going right at all and this is the same quality of team we have always had.
It actually kind of is. Every decent* year we have we are good* at one facet of the game.

Carver/Cummins - good offense, crap defense.
Preki - Crap offense, good defense
Winter - Good Offense, very crap defense
Nelsen - Crap offense, good defense
Vanney - Good offense, very crap defense

See a trend developing amongst our non-interim managerial hires?

* - by our standards

OgtheDim
04-24-2015, 10:39 AM
Hmmm....good point. We've never had an offence like this one though.

OgtheDim
04-24-2015, 11:03 AM
Kurtis Larson ‏@KurtLarSUN (https://twitter.com/KurtLarSUN) 5m5 minutes ago (https://twitter.com/KurtLarSUN/status/591631869336231937) Bloom likely out Sunday.

:ack2:

John Molinaro ‏@JohnMolinaro (https://twitter.com/JohnMolinaro) 6m6 minutes ago (https://twitter.com/JohnMolinaro/status/591632047451545600) Bloom says he's out for this Sunday's game. Said MRI revealed it's worse than he thought. #TFC (https://twitter.com/hashtag/TFC?src=hash)

Richard
04-24-2015, 11:17 AM
You know what i find astounding? That for the last 3-4 years we have had the highest payroll contribited to defenders in the league yet our defense continues to be utter crap. The only time I remember we have had a good defensive system was when Preki was here and Cann/Atakora were earning minimum wage. Every year after that we have overpaid for defenders and noone has delivered quality performances.

Areathrasher
04-24-2015, 11:26 AM
Toronto FC ‏@torontofc (https://twitter.com/torontofc) 25s26 seconds ago (https://twitter.com/torontofc/status/591638895579758594)
Vanney: Bloom and Caldwell will not be available on Sunday." #TFCLive (https://twitter.com/hashtag/TFCLive?src=hash)

Greatest Ripoff
04-24-2015, 11:26 AM

They have been on TV a few times where I live and have looked pretty good. There is a lot more to them than Kaka.

Ultra & Proud
04-24-2015, 11:31 AM
Maybe I am wrong about this but wasn't Creavalle ahead of Bloom on Vanney's depth chart in pre-season? That being the case I would expect another fine display of fullbacking from Warren this Sunday.

OgtheDim
04-24-2015, 11:32 AM
Maybe I am wrong about this but wasn't Creavalle ahead of Bloom on Vanney's depth chart in pre-season? That being the case I would expect another fine display of fullbacking from Warren this Sunday.

Toronto FC ‏@torontofc (https://twitter.com/torontofc) 54s55 seconds ago (https://twitter.com/torontofc/status/591640352689410048) Vanney on Morrow at RB: "He made good decisions on when to drop off and when to get tight. He understands the position." #TFCLive (https://twitter.com/hashtag/TFCLive?src=hash)

Areathrasher
04-24-2015, 11:48 AM
Sounds like Morrow- Hagglund - Perquis - Morgan

shwade
04-24-2015, 12:03 PM

Knowing Vanney it'll be hagglund-morrow-perquis-creavalle

OgtheDim
04-24-2015, 12:05 PM
John Molinaro ‏@JohnMolinaro (https://twitter.com/JohnMolinaro) 2m2 minutes ago (https://twitter.com/JohnMolinaro/status/591648541442904072) Cheyrou fit and ready to go. #TFC (https://twitter.com/hashtag/TFC?src=hash)

FRANKIE65
04-24-2015, 12:13 PM

Fuck me....Cheyrou, and, Bradley might as well stay back the whole game....6-2-2, lol. Going to be an interesting one, again, for sure.

Ossington Mental Youth
04-24-2015, 12:25 PM
They have been on TV a few times where I live and have looked pretty good. There is a lot more to them than Kaka.
I've watched just about all their games too and they've been ok, not better than us imo, but it's up to us to prove that

Captain
04-24-2015, 12:27 PM

This seems like the best possible back line we have available. Then again, it's only Friday. Lots of time for one or two of them to get injured before Sunday.

I would really like to see Vanney switch things up a bit - maybe give Lovitz a start. Or bring Hamilton off the bench. Let these young guys get a chance to bring a different vibe to the team.

Yohan
04-24-2015, 12:42 PM
I've watched just about all their games too and they've been ok, not better than us imo, but it's up to us to prove that
Tfc had this thing about making shitty teams look like superstars. Like Chicago for example

ronzilla
Lovitz was impressive in the preseason, not sure why he wasn't given much chance.

pdubs
Call me crazy, 4-2-3-1 with Lovitz and Giovinco cutting inside. They can both switch sides and both can put in a good cross, unlike Findley, Jackson and co. Not sure about Giovinco's defensive workrate but from what I have seen, him cutting in is deadly. Hazzard type role with Chelsea. Also not sure if Lovitz is ready to start. Just musing..

------------------Bendik-----------------
Morrow- Hagglund - Perquis - Morgan
----------Bradley-----Cheyrou-----------
Lovitz---------Osorio--------Giovinco----
---------------Altidore--------------------

or the USMNT experiment with Bradley advanced

----------Warner-----Cheyrou-----------
Osorio---------Bradley--------Giovinco----

Areathrasher
04-24-2015, 12:48 PM
or the USMNT experiment with Bradley advanced

----------Warner-----Cheyrou-----------
Osorio---------Bradley--------Giovinco----

That's what i've been thinking i'd like them to try. Given the FB play in this league, Gio wide and cutting in makes the most sense to me.

pdubs
04-24-2015, 12:51 PM
That's what i've been thinking i'd like them to try.

You think it would give Bradley enough confidence with those two behind him. Just tell Warner to sit when advancing. If if Warner has trouble starting the outlet pass to the attack, Cheyrou can do it and has the vision.

edit- also weird to me that Delgado hasn't gotten a look. Vanney sees him as a DM. Well put him beside Cheyrou for some company. We know what Warner will offer us.

Areathrasher
04-24-2015, 12:57 PM
You think it would give Bradley enough confidence with those two behind him. Just tell Warner to sit when advancing. If if Warner has trouble starting the outlet pass to the attack, Cheyrou can do it and has the vision.

Spitballing here

--------------- Warner------------------
-----------Bradley Cheyrou-----------
Jackson/Osorio- - --------Giovinco----

Have Warner sit and protect the back 4. Bradley and Cheryou distribute. Added width to take some of the pressure off the FBs to get forward.

OgtheDim
04-24-2015, 01:09 PM
The 4-2-3-1 or the 4-1-2-2-1 rely upon the wide players to provide defence.

Giovinco don't do defence - just doesn't think about it. Altidore does which is why when we've had red cards, he's the one playing the wide forward.

Areathrasher
04-24-2015, 01:15 PM
True

Ossington Mental Youth
04-24-2015, 03:13 PM
Tfc had this thing about making shitty teams look like superstars. Like Chicago for example
Let's not get it twisted, Chicago was far from dominant in that game. That being said our defense definitely failed us and we were far from our best

OgtheDim
04-24-2015, 03:20 PM
Lot of talk about character around the interviews today.

From Larson today, Bradley, when asked by Molinaro if he had been good enough this season:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CDYVFsxWIAABxTX.png:large

bigtfcfan
04-24-2015, 03:49 PM
---------- Warner Cheyrou-------------
----------------Bradley-----------------

I think that's good, i'd just keep 2 defensive midfielders seeing how we need a lot of help on defence.

Spitballing here

--------------- Warner------------------
-----------Bradley Cheyrou-----------

Have Warner sit and protect the back 4. Bradley and Cheryou distribute. Added width to take some of the pressure off the FBs to get forward.

jloome
04-24-2015, 04:04 PM
The 4-2-3-1 or the 4-1-2-2-1 rely upon the wide players to provide defence.

Giovinco don't do defence - just doesn't think about it. Altidore does which is why when we've had red cards, he's the one playing the wide forward.

Unless you play your back line flat, and play through the middle. TOugher to pull off but with Bradley and Cheyrou, we should be able to.

The point is, playing wide in the late part of the last game, Giovinco was ripping them apart.

Yohan
04-24-2015, 04:38 PM
^Esp with a lot of MLS fullbacks aren't very good in comparison to CBs. Giovinco should rip through most MLS FBs at ease, but through centrally, he'll find it more difficult. I think playing Giovinco as at LW as some sort of wide playmaker has merit, esp since he likes to cut to centre anyways. Kinda like how Osorio is used, except Giovinco is 10x more effective

Areathrasher
04-24-2015, 05:50 PM
Orlando will probably be playing Tyler Turner at RB probably on Sunday. He's 18. Gotta target him, put Gio on the left.

ryan
04-25-2015, 10:41 AM
To any of the lads who are here with me in sunny florida. Where we drinkin pre match?

Cashcleaner
04-25-2015, 11:38 AM
Rain warning in Orlando for tomorrow seems to have been lifted. Looks like it's gonna remain pretty cloudy though with a high of 33 Celsius.

You know, Orlando doesn't have a bad record so far for their first season in MLS. They're currently sitting 5th in the East with a 2-3-2 record, though coming off a 3-0 loss away to Columbus. It should also be noted that Orlando has yet to win at home - so there's going to be quite a bit of initiative for them to play well tomorrow - especially with the sort of crowds they've been seeing thus far at the Citrus Bowl.

Orlando is beatable, but I don't think they'll be pushovers - despite the crappy weather they've had to contend with while training over the past few days. If anyone wants a bit of read, here's OCSC's pre-game articles on TFC: KNOW THE ENEMY (http://www.orlandocitysc.com/post/2015/04/24/know-enemy-toronto-fc).

Richard
04-25-2015, 11:48 AM
Kaka versus our backline should be an interesting battle.

Roca
04-25-2015, 12:16 PM

Clancy's has a bunch of TFC fans and, if it's not already on, I'm sure they will put the game on one of their TVs if you ask.

ManUtd4ever
04-25-2015, 12:51 PM
I'd be pleasantly surprised with a positive result tonight.

flatpicker
04-25-2015, 01:12 PM
I'd be pleasantly surprised with a positive result tonight.

Enough about your sex life, how about the game tomorrow?

Pint
04-25-2015, 03:56 PM
Clancy's has a bunch of TFC fans and, if it's not already on, I'm sure they will put the game on one of their TVs if you ask.

I have been for a few games but didn't think people still went. maybe ill see if a couple buddies want to check it out tomorrow

portu
04-25-2015, 10:23 PM
Enough about your sex life, how about the game tomorrow?
LOL!

Carts
04-26-2015, 12:27 PM
Joes showing the game tonight? Anyone going?

Tough night with NHL Playoffs and Raptors playoffs.

bones
04-26-2015, 04:53 PM
Joes showing the game tonight? Anyone going?

Tough night with NHL Playoffs and Raptors playoffs.

I was originally going to go but NHL and Raps will push a bunch of people in to Joes and drown out our wanting for TFC audio eventually. I think I'll stick this one out at home and suffer...errr watch by myself ;)

Bones...

OgtheDim
04-26-2015, 05:04 PM
Starting XI: Bendik, Morrow, Hagglund, Perquis, Morgan, Jackson, Bradley, Cheyrou, Giovinco, Findley, Altidore.

4-3-3

Bench: Konopka, Zavaleta, Warner, Creavalle, Osorio, Lovitz, Moore.

Yohan
04-26-2015, 05:13 PM
oh boy. it'll be TFC left side that'll get mauled tonight

Areathrasher
04-26-2015, 05:15 PM
Larson is saying it's a flat 4-4-2

OgtheDim
04-26-2015, 05:18 PM
Kings In The North ‏@KingsInTheNorth (https://twitter.com/KingsInTheNorth) 41s42 seconds ago (https://twitter.com/KingsInTheNorth/status/592452346191302656) Congrats to @ashtone_m (https://twitter.com/ashtone_m) on his club tying 99th appearance for @torontofc (https://twitter.com/torontofc). One more to a century!

shwade
04-26-2015, 05:36 PM
Larson is saying it's a flat 4-4-2

Giovinco in the midfield :S

ag futbol
04-26-2015, 05:39 PM
Kings In The North ‏@KingsInTheNorth (https://twitter.com/KingsInTheNorth) 41s42 seconds ago (https://twitter.com/KingsInTheNorth/status/592452346191302656) Congrats to @ashtone_m (https://twitter.com/ashtone_m) on his club tying 99th appearance for @torontofc (https://twitter.com/torontofc). One more to a century!
Who is tied with... According to Wiki (dangerous i know) it's not Frei or Henry which were my first two guesses.

Edit: nevermind... it is Frei

JavierMartini
04-26-2015, 05:51 PM
oh when the reds !

OgtheDim
04-26-2015, 05:59 PM
Game is blacked out on MLS Live both in Canada and the US. Its on Fox, but they have the Portland Seattle derby so no Lalas. Or Sky if you can find a stream.

http://cricfree.sx/watch/live/orlando-city-vs-toronto-fc-live-streaming

http://firstrowca.eu/watch/341380/1/watch-orlando-city-vs-toronto-fc.html

JavierMartini
04-26-2015, 05:59 PM
wait basketball is on what channel is tsn 2

Alixir
04-26-2015, 06:07 PM
I am trying to keep positive for the lads but I see us getting embarrassed in typical TFC fashion tonight by an expansion team.
3-0 For Whorelando

pdubs
04-26-2015, 06:07 PM
Tsn saying 4-2-3-1 with Bradley and cheyrou holding and Giovinco in the hole

ag futbol
04-26-2015, 06:08 PM
4-2-3-1. Gio central, Jackson wide right.....

Ajax TFC
04-26-2015, 06:08 PM
According to TSN, it's Findley on the left and Jackson on the right. I like having Jackson there to cover Shea.

FRANKIE65
04-26-2015, 06:09 PM
I am so frickin sick of this feed bullshit!!! Can't seem to get any working tonight

Brooker
04-26-2015, 06:12 PM
I am so frickin sick of this feed bullshit!!! Can't seem to get any working tonight
http://www.sportcategory.com/c-1.html (http://www.sportingvideo.tv/20150427/vv553d52627b55f1.35276368-1059012.html)

portu
04-26-2015, 06:12 PM
Woah Kaka has to get a haircut, like can he even see

0bl1vious
04-26-2015, 06:13 PM
HD Stream

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/soccer15

Brooker
04-26-2015, 06:15 PM
Whats with the USA chants. Cringe worthy.

ronzilla
This one works

http://livetv.sx/en/eventinfo/303018_orlando_city_toronto/#webplayer_ifr|261097|303018|261097|64|1|en

Richard
HD Stream

Beautiful stream. I highly recommend it to anyone, non of those bullshit advertisements either except for the beginning.

Yohan
04-26-2015, 06:16 PM
http://www.sportingvideo.tv/20150427/vv553d52627b55f1.35276368-1059012.html

if you don't want to hear NA commentating

shwade
04-26-2015, 06:16 PM
Love these new red kits. The black aaccent are so mu ch better than white.

FRANKIE65
04-26-2015, 06:17 PM
http://www.sportcategory.com/c-1.html (http://www.sportingvideo.tv/20150427/vv553d52627b55f1.35276368-1059012.html)

Keep getting 404 not found. Damn

ag futbol
04-26-2015, 06:18 PM
What a strike from Jackson! wow.

What a BS yellow card. Looked pretty divey to me.

portu
Action JACKSON

Jpexxx
Jesus, Jackson!

Blixa
04-26-2015, 06:19 PM
Progress. Two minutes in and we still haven't conceded.

[NBF]
04-26-2015, 06:20 PM
nice shot by jackson
\

pdubs
Cheyrou with a sloppy pass. Needs to be better

MightyDM
Yellow? Not even a foul! Everything better get yellows from now on, particularly when Collin kicks Gio all game.

[NBF]
04-26-2015, 06:21 PM
I see Jackson covering for Morrow on the right. This looks decent.

OgtheDim
04-26-2015, 06:22 PM
Its the 500 level view.

Initial B
04-26-2015, 06:22 PM
Crap. We're going to lose now. Hagglund just got a yellow. There's no way he's going to get through this game without another yellow and once we're down 10 men with no spare defenders, Kaka will pick them apart. Then we'd better pray that Caldwell or Bloom or Zavaleta or Semonin get better.

shwade
04-26-2015, 06:23 PM
Jackson's shirt has no BMO logo?

Yohan
04-26-2015, 06:23 PM
good thing about Vanney is that he's not married to a particular formation and can be flexible

ag futbol
04-26-2015, 06:24 PM
Crap. We're going to lose now. Hagglund just got a yellow. There's no way he's going to get through this game without another yellow and once we're down 10 men with no spare defenders, Kaka will pick them apart. Then we'd better pray that Caldwell or Bloom or Zavaleta or Semonin get better.
Jesus that was almost it right there on that ball slipped through.

pdubs
04-26-2015, 06:24 PM
Hagglund looks so suspect out their

Smokecell
04-26-2015, 06:25 PM
Hagglund is having a brutal sophomore start. Looking liable for a red here with this questionable defending early.

portu
04-26-2015, 06:26 PM
Bendik had great reflexes there credit to him

Richard
Wow, ok, lets just body check Gio with no repercussion.

portu
Lovitz>Findley

pdubs
04-26-2015, 06:27 PM
Findley is not a wide mid. So hard to watch. Rather have lovitz on

ag futbol
04-26-2015, 06:27 PM
Lovitz>Findley
Is someone didn't remind me, I'd have a hard time remembering that Findley is actually on the field.

QBall
04-26-2015, 06:28 PM
Hagglund already on a yellow which means he needs to play conservatively. I'm worried we're going to get scored on because he has to avoid a second yellow.

[NBF]
Referee didn't blow his whistle before they took their free kick.

WestStandGeoff

We were wondering the same... isn't there a rule about these things? I've had men's league matches where the ref insisted everyone either had their shirts tucked in or out (consistent), so I'm not sure how this one gets a pass.

PAOK17
04-26-2015, 06:29 PM
Not that I am a fan of jersey sponsors but that is pretty bush league for one player to not have a sponsor while everyone else does.

ag futbol
04-26-2015, 06:30 PM
We were wondering the same... isn't there a rule about these things? I've had men's league matches where the ref insisted everyone either had their shirts tucked in or out (consistent), so I'm not sure how this one gets a pass.
I've seen MLS games this year where players didn't even have numbers on the back of their kit. How tight of a budget are these guys on?

FRANKIE65
04-26-2015, 06:30 PM
HD Stream

Awesome thank you!!!!!!!!!

MightyDM
04-26-2015, 06:32 PM
good thing about Vanney is that he's not married to a particular formation and can be flexible

He has changed his approach after it failed repeatedly, yes. Hopefully it works and he can show less naive defensive tactics. So far the formation seems designed to get the best out of our players, except Bradley, and hide their weaknesses. That's positive.

ag futbol
04-26-2015, 06:32 PM
WTF is going on down there? Why is Jackson not on the field?

QBall
04-26-2015, 06:33 PM
We were wondering the same... isn't there a rule about these things?

MLS rules change day by day.

Smokecell
04-26-2015, 06:34 PM
Let's just nip this in the bud now. If TFC gets a result out of this game I don't give a F&@$ if Jackson wears BMO or not. I care about wins not sponsors. So about that game....

shwade
04-26-2015, 06:34 PM
Looks like our defenders are just trying to take out kaka's legs down there. Lucky none of those tackles have connected yet.

Blixa
04-26-2015, 06:35 PM
We've done fuck all for the past 10 minutes.

MightyDM
04-26-2015, 06:36 PM
Wow, ok, lets just body check Gio with no repercussion.

And again. Yellow for sure. Poor poor refereeing.

pdubs
Good cross by Morgan

shwade
Let's just nip this in the bud now. If TFC gets a result out of this game I don't give a F&@$ if Jackson wears BMO or not. I care about wins not sponsors. So about that game....

Yeah, because we all care more about Jackson's shirt than the result...

Smokecell
We've done fuck all for the past 8 seasons.

Fixed.

ag futbol
04-26-2015, 06:43 PM
They look like they'll be coughing up balls at the back all game. A little better movement in transition and we'd have potted one already.

Smokecell
04-26-2015, 06:46 PM
Just noticed Bradley's toronto flag armband...nice touch. The best is yet to come for that man I was getting excited to see him break out there.

JavierMartini
04-26-2015, 06:49 PM
Turf 1 , Tfc 0 - 0 orl

mowe
04-26-2015, 06:50 PM
Uh oh perquis...

MightyDM
Just noticed Bradley's toronto flag armband...nice touch. The best is yet to come for that man I was getting excited to see him break out there.

I was thinking the same thing.

Cashcleaner
Listening to the match on radio. Sounds like another big crowd down there in Orlando. That's good the hear I guess, but doesn't help the good guys out any.

MightyDM
Uh oh perquis...

Surely a foul there, he steeped right on Perquis, studs up.

shwade
04-26-2015, 06:57 PM
If we can make it to halftime without conceding, that's progress.

pdubs
04-26-2015, 06:57 PM
Giovinco same height as those kids on the sidelines near the corner kick. Amazing lol

Ajax TFC
04-26-2015, 06:58 PM
Interesting, there's no BMO on Jackson's shirt

ag futbol
04-26-2015, 07:01 PM
It's okay TSN, we don't need a replay of that handball.

These fans are on crack, he clipped his foot as he ran past. Pretty clear.

WestStandGeoff
04-26-2015, 07:03 PM
It's okay TSN, we don't need a replay of that handball.

These fans are on crack, he clipped his foot as he ran past. Pretty clear.

It's central Florida... more likely meth.

shwade
04-26-2015, 07:04 PM
Credit to Kaka, he had a few opportunities to go down but he stays on his feet.

ag futbol
04-26-2015, 07:04 PM
Robbie Findley's contribution to this game is ducking out of the way of Jackson's volley. This guy jogs when we're attacking, joggs when we're defending.

ag futbol
04-26-2015, 07:05 PM
Bath salt zombie apocalypse

Areathrasher
04-26-2015, 07:05 PM
Not bad

PopePouri
04-26-2015, 07:07 PM

http://www.reddit.com/r/floridaman

ag futbol
04-26-2015, 07:08 PM
All things said that was a good half of football.

It concerns me that a quick inside-outside transition is enough to break our defensive line, but at least no goals were scored.

Auzzy
Another benefit of the UStream link: playing Nena instead of Rachel's audio.

Auzzy
And now Goldfinger -- even better.

mowe
04-26-2015, 07:09 PM
We played much better during the latter part of the half. Our goal is coming, just have to stay disciplined at the back.

ensco
04-26-2015, 07:10 PM
Bath salt zombie apocalypse

Forgot about that. Was that for real?

OgtheDim
Given the heat, will take that so far.

Orlando makes a lot of mistakes in their defensive midfield - keep coughing up the ball. Gio and Altidore are going to break down their back 2. Colin is going to get a yellow too.

ronzilla
Not a bad half, Bradley and Jozy have finally risen from the grave. Good ball possesion and everyone's doing their job.

Need to turn it up next half.

Jack
04-26-2015, 07:12 PM
Not a bad half, Bradley and Jozy have finally risen from the grave. Good ball possesion and everyone's doing their job.

Yes. A few nice runs of possession and decent passing.

jloome
04-26-2015, 07:13 PM

Our standards aren't high enough. I thought we were pretty poor. Not falling apart defensively, but you can tell Giovinco and Bradley are on a different level -- and playing at a different speed-- than the rest of our team.

We were okay; but Orlando was so porous we should have scored a goal or two in that half.

OgtheDim
04-26-2015, 07:15 PM
Hmm....TSN shows the replay and that is a hand ball for sure.

pdubs
Clear handball from Collin. Just showed replay in tsn2

MightyDM
Collin is a lucky boy against us. Last year v Gilberto, this year v Seba at least one yellow for professional fouls, I'd argue two, and the clear penalty. Lucky lucky boy.

JavierMartini
04-26-2015, 07:16 PM
missed handball in the box wooooow

portu
04-26-2015, 07:17 PM
wait until New Mexico gets a team

Ajax TFC
Good half overall. I'll just say that it's typical TFC that we have Findley on the left wing for 245k, and Orlando has Avila on their left wing, who we let go for nothing because he apparently wasn't worth 120k. I'd take Avila over Findley any day

markusp
Like the effort from Jackson but Findlay's laziness is making any real attack on the left ineffective.

ronzilla
Yup, clear handball and we get f'n screwed again.

Areathrasher
04-26-2015, 07:18 PM
Collin is a lucky boy against us. Last year v Gilberto,Mathis year v Seba at least one yellow for professional fouls, I'd argue two, and the clear penalty. Lucky lucky boy.
Don't forget he tried to decapitate Rey before too

portu
04-26-2015, 07:18 PM
You just know Borg is gonna call that ball to hand on instant replay

Bishop Blaize
04-26-2015, 07:19 PM
Need to see more from chevron in 2nd half

Auzzy
04-26-2015, 07:20 PM
Unfortunately TunnelBear doing no good for MLS Live today. Blocked for US & Canada I guess. USTREAM link is good, but I sometimes have bandwidth issues. Not sure if my Internet connection or USTREAM itself.

portu
04-26-2015, 07:21 PM
I feel like I'm watching a nelsen team, only its a poor version of it

MightyDM
04-26-2015, 07:21 PM
Wow. TSN just said 16 first halves under vanney and only four clean sheets. Wow.

JavierMartini
04-26-2015, 07:22 PM
collin grabs jackson in the box and pushes him out of play? wtf thats another penalty

Ajax TFC
04-26-2015, 07:24 PM
Jozy Altidore Motherfuckers!!!!!!!!!!

Richard
Boring game zzzzzzzzz.

MightyDM
YES Altidore. Heads up,aggressive clinical. YES!!!

ag futbol
Great finish. Well played!

portu
04-26-2015, 07:25 PM
Brilliant from jozy

Jack
Beast

Richard
Lol alright. Good goal.

__wowza
nice bit of skill from jozy.

Jpexxx
04-26-2015, 07:26 PM
Nice move to get pas the last man, nice finish.