PDA

View Full Version : USL Toronto 2 at Vancouver 2

Petor
04-19-2015, 05:12 PM
It's starting soon!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QAzHNfyz-GM

flamehawk
04-19-2015, 05:34 PM
I have got to travel to BC someday, seems like a beautiful place to play and watch football. This is UBC right?

Leedsoronto
04-19-2015, 05:54 PM
HT Toronto trailing by one goal. Van having the most possesion. Big crowd there sunny day out for the kids I guess.

Q made a few good saves, was chiped from a wide position for the goal and goal line left unmanned

Yohan
04-19-2015, 06:20 PM
HT Toronto trailing by one goal. Van having the most possesion. Big crowd there sunny day out for the kids I guess.

Q made a few good saves, was chiped from a wide position for the goal and goal line left unmanned
it's free for Caps season ticket holders who can spend some of their perk points on it or something

loads of talent, but TFC 2 can really use some veteran presence to settle the kids down.

1-1 now

flamehawk
04-19-2015, 06:35 PM
A pretty bad miss on an open net by Nunes after a shot by Rivas is rebounded out to him all alone against a still recovering Carduci.

Initial B
04-19-2015, 06:35 PM
Oh come on, Nunez! I see our TFC striker tradition is alive and well in the lower area. How the heck could he miss that from 6 yards and an empty net?!?

ag futbol
04-19-2015, 06:41 PM
Interesting game. Think we've been playing better than they have but wish they'd get Hamilton the ball more.

Whitecap homers quite annnoying. Ref clearly not used to the intensity of a professional game.

flamehawk
04-19-2015, 06:44 PM
Interesting game. Think we've been playing better than they have but wish they'd get Hamilton the ball more.

Whitecap homers quite annnoying. Ref clearly not used to the intensity of a professional game.

Hamilton came off for Rivas early in the first half.

ag futbol
04-19-2015, 06:46 PM
Hamilton came off for Rivas early in the first half.
Errr... I don't think it was that early he came off. None the less they never found him the ball.

Soccerpro
04-19-2015, 07:02 PM
I wasn't impressed with the match. Not much combination play, no slick passing possession play. A lot of frantic play by two teams resorting to whacking it and chasing it a lot. It was an accurate reflection of our development system in Canada.

i hope the players get more comfortable withless time on the ball as the season progresses.

flamehawk
04-19-2015, 07:57 PM
Errr... I don't think it was that early he came off. None the less they never found him the ball.

He came on 65th minute .. I guess it would've been more accurate for me to say he came on mid way through the half.

barticusz
04-20-2015, 10:45 AM
I sure hope Q has earned more starts on this side over Bono. I want to see him given a chance here.

ag futbol
04-20-2015, 10:50 AM
I wasn't impressed with the match. Not much combination play, no slick passing possession play. A lot of frantic play by two teams resorting to whacking it and chasing it a lot. It was an accurate reflection of our development system in Canada.

i hope the players get more comfortable withless time on the ball as the season progresses.
Minus a few moments, this team reminded me of Dale Mitchell's Canada. When the opposition was defensively set, the ball never made it past the midfield on the ground, always ended up with long balls over the top.

I like Bent, but this was a poor advertisement IMO.

C.Ronaldo
04-20-2015, 02:36 PM
"However, the biggest surprise came in goal with Roberts starting over Alex Bono. Q showed his experience while on loan with the Wilmington Hammerheads last year has carried over to this season. Roberts was the standout in the first half. He was able to get his gloves on testing shots from midfielder Ben McKendry in 12th minute, Victor Blasco in the 15th minute and Clarke in the 21st minute."

http://www.torontofc.ca/news/2015/04/baby-reds-earn-draw-vancouver

Bono got his chance and blew it, I say the gloves stay on Q

PopePouri
04-20-2015, 03:56 PM
Minus a few moments, this team reminded me of Dale Mitchell's Canada. When the opposition was defensively set, the ball never made it past the midfield on the ground, always ended up with long balls over the top.

I like Bent, but this was a poor advertisement IMO.

A 1-1 draw away from home?

He did okay. Halftime changes certainly reaped rewards.

ag futbol
04-20-2015, 09:30 PM
A 1-1 draw away from home?

He did okay. Halftime changes certainly reaped rewards.
I hear ya. One of those things were it's not what the result was, it's how it was achieved.

This is development after all. Looking at the win-loss record can be tremendously deceiving.

Greatest Ripoff
04-21-2015, 08:59 AM
I would like to see more of Skylar Thomas. He didn't have a lot to do but made a nice recovery when the whitecaps player got behind the defence.

In a somewhat related note, Luca Ucello of tfc2 is on national duty with Canada and scored against Slovakia yesterday.

PopePouri
04-21-2015, 11:57 AM
A few notes from the game that I saw:

1) Like the first team, it has issues with the high press. Both NYRB and WFC games pressed high in the beginning of the match and got early goals.
2) Mannella and Chapman were excellent when the tempo rose in the 2nd half and they had time on the ball when WFC dropped off.
3) Most good attacks came from the left exploiting Jackson Farmer as a makeshift RB. Edwards and Kaye were excellent creating the chance for the goal and the Nunes miss.
4) Raheem Edwards looks very promising especially going forward but he's raw. His engine and pace is exceptional and he looks better on the ball when compared to Ashtone Morgan.
5) The diamond seems to suit this team much more than the first team. They have more characteristics with the RSL diamond where wide mids are athletic box-to-box midfielders, therefore can cover the amount of space left open on the flanks. Those spaces exposed with the first team.
6) This was the first game that Chapman showed his potential. He's a very unusual looking attacking mid though. It'll be interesting if he stays there as he hasn't shown the tools yet at spotting the final pass and getting into good spaces in the final third. He's excellent on the ball though so it'll be interesting how his career progresses.
7) As such, the team is having issues creating through the middle. All goals have either from set pieces, long balls or from the flanks. Problematic if you're trying to play possession-based football in the hope to break down the opponent.