PDA

View Full Version : Bye weeks

WestStandGeoff
04-16-2015, 07:33 AM
Does anyone know why we've already had 2 bye weeks this season? Is it the league helping us to start the season with only 7 road games in a row instead of 9 while BMO renos finish up? It worries me because once we factor in CCL games it's going to give us more fixture congestion than our opponents when it matters.

Also wondering in general why there are bye weeks at all right now... made sense with an odd number of teams, but now that there are 20 shouldn't everyone be playing?

Mateo1985
04-16-2015, 08:21 AM
I heard that it was in a way to help the team to start with 7 road games instead of 9 like you said. Which is good at the start of the season. But the schedule is definitely going to get busy later on. That's for sure.

On the bright side, we seem to have more depth this season so we will be fine.

COYR

MKR
04-16-2015, 09:17 AM
another pretty good thing about it is that it should be helping with some of these injuries the team has picked up.

It does seem to take away the normal flow of the season though.

Cashcleaner
04-16-2015, 02:07 PM
Yeah it's hard to say if it will ultimately be a good or bad thing. Typically, teams don't really want any sort of disruption to their normal routines during the course of a season. One bye week toward the start of the season certainly isn't a big deal, but having two of them early and with one coming almost right after the other could create some minor adjustment problems. MKR makes a good point about them mitigating the impact of recent injuries, though.

jimiv
04-16-2015, 04:22 PM
I wonder what the thinking is by MLS as it makes more sense to ditch the bye weeks and take FIFA weeks off?

OgtheDim
04-16-2015, 06:36 PM
Teams need bye weeks to recover from travel. And it allows them to flex more easily around stadiums where teams are not fully in control - Seattle, NER, NYCFC, LAG, Atlanta,

jazzy
04-17-2015, 01:13 AM
One should have been during the weeks when Bradley and Altitore are missing in action. It seems like we're not involved at all right now. If our 'D' is bad now think of the pressure in the over active coming months, if anyone isn't 100%. Yikes! Just seems to be another straw, like the argos, that is slowly creating less intense momentum for this team. As many have, before me mentioned, we could really go of the rails, if we can't find our identity soon.