PDA

View Full Version : Newcastle United FC courting Michael Bradley

OfficeGuy
04-07-2015, 02:53 PM
...truth to this???

http://www.winnersports.co.uk/newcastle-united-fc-courting-michael-bradley-23210

Pint
04-07-2015, 02:55 PM
Just because another team wants him doesn't mean he wants to go or that the team would sell him.

mowe
04-07-2015, 03:04 PM
Bradley's not going anywhere. No team will match his wages + pay a transfer fee large enough to get TFC to sell.

And on a personal level, I think he's fully committed to being here and wants to be the guy that takes us to the next level.

Areathrasher
04-07-2015, 03:06 PM
Not a chance. He doesn't fit Newcastle's transfer market policy/strategy either.

Pookie
04-07-2015, 03:20 PM
Based on comments by Klinsmann about the MLS game hurting Bradley's national performance, I could see the rationale for an EPL type move.

But while everyone is available for a price, I cannot see how MLSE agrees to any price on Bradley. If he left, I can imagine the headache that would give the PR team. Wow.

Can't see it happening.

Yohan
04-07-2015, 03:26 PM
No quotes, nothing concrete other than speculation froom the article. I'll chalk this up to UK media talking out of ass for now until I see something with more evidence.

If Bradley wants out, MLSE cannot stop him. And TBH, I prefer Carl Robinson method of signing DPs. Get guys who are good, but won't get called up to national team.

Richard
04-07-2015, 03:28 PM
Based on comments by Klinsmann about the MLS game hurting Bradley's national performance, I could see the rationale for an EPL type move.

But while everyone is available for a price, I cannot see how MLSE agrees to any price on Bradley. If he left, I can imagine the headache that would give the PR team. Wow.

Can't see it happening.

While I don't think any move is at all probable, I can see this entire Bradley/Altidore era flip flopping very fast.

Remember that Altdore is here because of Defoe in part, Bradley pushed for it to happen. As the January transfer season has shown Sunderland wasn't the only team interested for a pretty good fee for us.

If Altidore flops, I can see Bradley's circumstances being here becoming very flimsy.

For all intents and purposes he is part GM, I can easily see Bradley leave if TFC decide to move on from Altidore.

We will know pretty soon what wages they're on, that should gives us a good indication on how much rope Altidore has, TFC is very trigger happy, Gilberto is the most recent indication of that.

Pookie
04-07-2015, 03:36 PM
^ Stop making me less optimistic :)

I had a rough year with Jermain "Hamstring" Defoe. Finally feeling good about this team. The future. Youth. Draft picks that we actually used.

And you go and pull all that logic on me?

Richard
04-07-2015, 03:40 PM
^ Stop making me less optimistic :)

I had a rough year with Jermain "Hamstring" Defoe. Finally feeling good about this team. The future. Youth. Draft picks that we actually used.

And you go and pull all that logic on me?

Sorry man. :o

Its just this recent game made me sad. :(

Ugh, these homes games cant come fast enough.

OgtheDim
04-07-2015, 03:45 PM
Meh....twitter is more reliable then UK newspapers.

Yohan
04-07-2015, 03:47 PM
Sorry man. :o

Its just this recent game made me sad. :(

Ugh, these homes games cant come fast enough.
it's going to get real ugly if TFC doesn't pick up tons of points in May to mid June when Bradley and Altidore leaves for Gold Cup. Likely US will make to finals, meaning we don't get these 2 back until end of July/early Aug (factoring in a week for post tourney rest)

Even then , plenty of home games for TFC to make it to 6th in the East at least. Though I don't count those eggs, never lol

Pookie
04-07-2015, 03:58 PM
60% chance to achieve MLSE's dream of making the playoffs. Keep the faith boys.

The red cards have to end soon.

[NBF]
04-07-2015, 06:55 PM
Profits > On field performance???

Yeah, I think there's truth to this rumor. I don't think he would be a good fit for Newcastle, but whatever.

http://i.guim.co.uk/static/w-940/h--/q-95/sys-images/Guardian/Pix/pictures/2015/4/7/1428399887037/40b3d4da-7352-462c-8ec9-24426dcbecf9-1177x2040.jpeg

jazzy
04-07-2015, 07:12 PM
We'll see, it all depends if Creavalle starts. I lost a lot of faith in Vanney 's judgement in Chicago . I've watched every team and there are no easy games for us in this league . Every team and it seems announcers, know are weakness. Hell wins? I would simply like to at least earn some respect around the league. As of now we have none!

Initial B
04-07-2015, 10:03 PM
I think it's a three strikes and you're out policy with Vanney. One more bad game and he'll probably be relegated to the bench. But is Bloom fit? If not, TFC will be in trouble in two weeks.

cmonyoureds
04-09-2015, 08:50 AM

Can't see it happening.

What headache?
We could get two friendlies with an EPL team in our big giant gleaming newly expanded stadium, a player thrown in, and a wage bill reduction! Not to mention also a fancy new marketing slogan about "joining/uniting and belonging". RESULT!

#sarcasm

Bishop Blaize
04-10-2015, 10:11 AM
They have bigger worries up there than signing Bradley ie getting a new manager, and the continuing fiasco surrounding their owner