PDA

View Full Version : Southend Supporter's Month

Yohan
04-06-2015, 09:36 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AjQ85nz3A9o

OgtheDim
04-06-2015, 09:52 PM
Looks like somebody was tasked with creating content for April and came up with this idea. Hope it sparks some interest in what the south is doing.

(Insert standard "I can't stand Tribal Rhythm Nation when they do show up but thank God they only showed up for 1 and a half games last year so lets just let untouched drums lie" remark here)

__wowza
04-06-2015, 11:54 PM
i posted this on a facebook argument about TFC a couple weeks back, i'll post it here..

I DON'T GIVE A FUCK IF YOU WERE HERE SINCE YEAR ONE.
I ONLY CARE THAT YOU'RE HERE NOW.

we're all here for the same reason. we support our club.
fuck the politics, fuck the bullshit, fuck the egos.. we're all a bunch of crazy bastards.

i'm excited to see what they produce about the groups.
it'll only serve to bring more folks into the fold, and hopefully that'll translate into voices in the stands.

Cashcleaner
04-07-2015, 05:12 AM
Has anyone seen the TFC homepage yet?

Take a look for yourself if you haven't. (http://www.torontofc.ca/)

kodiakTFC
04-07-2015, 07:34 AM
Has anyone seen the TFC homepage yet?

Take a look for yourself if you haven't. (http://www.torontofc.ca/)

Pretty cool. This has been updated too..

http://www.torontofc.ca/SouthendSupporters

Areathrasher
04-07-2015, 07:56 AM
Will there be a North, East and West appreciation month?

Lol *runs*

Detroit_TFC
04-07-2015, 08:29 AM
It is a useful exercise to once in a while take a seat in different parts of the stadium, it is surprising how different the experience is in each area.

C.Ronaldo
04-07-2015, 09:16 AM
It is a useful exercise to once in a while take a seat in different parts of the stadium, it is surprising how different the experience is in each area.

GENIUS
a nomadic supporters group! THE NOMADS!

Detroit_TFC
04-07-2015, 09:28 AM
The Nomads: Interrupting your game time conversations about your upcoming vacation since 2015.

Brooker
04-07-2015, 09:32 AM
The Nomads: Interrupting your game time conversations about your upcoming vacation since 2015.

LOL!

Pint
04-07-2015, 09:37 AM
I hope this month goes well, many people have put a ton of hard work into it.

This alone will not fix everything, only winning is a universal solution but if this encourages some people to move or consider moving south or if it increases the noise in the stadium it will be a success.

mdc 77
04-07-2015, 10:44 AM
With the Kings of the North moving south, I assume 127 is no longer a supporter section?

Its interesting that in the 9th year of TFC, and with the groups that have come and gone we don't have any group setting up behind goal in 115. That gap in front of the seats has never helped.

cmonyoureds
04-07-2015, 10:53 AM
I hope this month goes well, many people have put a ton of hard work into it.

This alone will not fix everything, only winning is a universal solution but if this encourages some people to move or consider moving south or if it increases the noise in the stadium it will be a success.

Wait, what? Is there yellow price point availability for tix? Or am I mis-interpreting this?

Phil
04-07-2015, 11:03 AM
Wait, what? Is there yellow price point availability for tix? Or am I mis-interpreting this?

I don't think its any secret that the groups get access to tickets. Now that all recognized groups are in the south we are working together to get support in one area.

Relocations are done, but there are opportunities to add new or get partial seats.

OgtheDim
04-07-2015, 11:16 AM
It should be noted that in the SSH extra ticket sale going on, I couldn't get even a couple of yellow coloured tickets for any game.

The wife and I had to settle for 110 for our annual date. :scarf:

MartinUtd
04-07-2015, 11:43 AM
Good on the club

and FUCK Colchester!

Red4ever
04-07-2015, 11:53 AM
Pretty cool. This has been updated too..

http://www.torontofc.ca/SouthendSupporters

We look like a European parliament.

God bless the club for giving a collective month long rub down and ego tug. I'll wake up in May with a cigarette lit feeling refreshed, needed, feared, respected and ready to tackle the season.

Parkdale
04-07-2015, 12:19 PM
Its interesting that in the 9th year of TFC, and with the groups that have come and gone we don't have any group setting up behind goal in 115. That gap in front of the seats has never helped.

waaayyyyyy back when.....

I was snapping photos of the under construction stadium. At the time, even the offices at BMO were just stacks of cinder blocks, so the office staff was at the ACC watching the photos come in like everyone else. U-Sector was originally looking at going to 115, as the 'behind the net' location was really appealing to them. But after the photos of the Gap came out, along with confirmation from TFC staffers who had seen the blueprints, they decided 113 was a more suitable home base. RPB was a much smaller group then, so we moved into 112 thinking it would be a good fit. Turns out, we were right.

ryan
04-07-2015, 12:27 PM
Looks like they need more pricing tiers in the new section.

mdc 77
04-07-2015, 12:58 PM
waaayyyyyy back when.....

I was snapping photos of the under construction stadium. At the time, even the offices at BMO were just stacks of cinder blocks, so the office staff was at the ACC watching the photos come in like everyone else. U-Sector was originally looking at going to 115, as the 'behind the net' location was really appealing to them. But after the photos of the Gap came out, along with confirmation from TFC staffers who had seen the blueprints, they decided 113 was a more suitable home base. RPB was a much smaller group then, so we moved into 112 thinking it would be a good fit. Turns out, we were right.

I do kinda remember that way back when, talking about the "gap"...also remember stumbling upon the red patch board and your photos, it was all so unknown & exciting at the time.

TFCAURORA
04-07-2015, 01:48 PM
wtf!!! Too bad we don't have any April home games. May should be south end appreciation month.

Wagner
04-07-2015, 01:52 PM
I think it is more about the build up to the home game.

and getting everyone unified and ready to go when May finally rolls around.

Roca
04-08-2015, 11:12 AM
It should be noted that in the SSH extra ticket sale going on, I couldn't get even a couple of yellow coloured tickets for any game.

The wife and I had to settle for 110 for our annual date. :scarf:

"Settle" for 110? If you're sitting in the right area, you'll have a great date! :)

Yohan
04-08-2015, 01:40 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-KnH0oPiamE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5e_-HH2yyf0

TorontoGooner
04-08-2015, 03:05 PM
Good on the club

and FUCK Colchester!

I don't know the context but I agree with the sentiment,

ESSEX IS BLUE

OgtheDim
04-08-2015, 03:08 PM
Good on the club

and FUCK Colchester!

I see somebody else was looking at the thread title and wondering.

cmonyoureds
04-09-2015, 08:52 AM
To be fair Phil, (and yeah I'm a "registered user" not a "member" etc. etc. etc.), I'm not sure that particular process is that well known outside of the members only area.

cmonyoureds
04-09-2015, 08:53 AM
Good on the club

and FUCK Colchester!

Ever since Freddy Eastwood, I respectfully disagree.
Damn Southend.

BuSaPuNk
04-09-2015, 11:00 AM
To be fair Phil, (and yeah I'm a "registered user" not a "member" etc. etc. etc.), I'm not sure that particular process is that well known outside of the members only area.

Always been a perk to membership :)
Believe its also shown on the membership thread every year i believe?

Phil
04-09-2015, 11:03 AM
Agreed, its hard to communicate it outside of the members area but its been posted, probably not seen.

The supporters groups in the south have access to tickets that are held back during relocation and end of season people who drop them. We get priority access and distribute / relocate them among members. :D

Yohan
04-09-2015, 05:00 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1glcm3ve5Lg