PDA

View Full Version : Pre, In and Post Game Thread: Toronto FC at Chicago Fire, Saturday, April 4, 3 PM

Pages : [1] 2 3

Red CB Toronto
03-31-2015, 01:11 PM
What: Toronto FC at Chicago Fire.
When: Saturday, April 4 at 3 PM
TV: Sportsnet 360

Will be interesting to see how much Jozy and The General can go after playing for the USMNT on Tuesday in Switzerland. With Wednesday being a travel day for them, how tired and worn down will they be. The bye week after Saturday could be key.

Petor
03-31-2015, 02:30 PM
Ummm, the schedule on TFC's website says 3pm.

Fort York Redcoat
03-31-2015, 02:53 PM
Ya it's 3pm on Sat. Title edited.

C.Ronaldo
03-31-2015, 02:55 PM
and update tehe When in the thread

OgtheDim
03-31-2015, 03:06 PM
Moore has been suspended.

Pic via Larson's twitter feed.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CBc4oV4UsAE1Q9K.jpg

Red CB Toronto
03-31-2015, 03:15 PM
and update tehe When in the thread

Change made, sorry for the confusion, confused TFC dates with each other.

C.Ronaldo
03-31-2015, 03:33 PM
Moore has been suspended.

Pic via Larson's twitter feed.

sure add salt to the wound
I need me a shirt.

MORE DIKE!

OgtheDim
03-31-2015, 03:44 PM
It will be Altidore and Findley with Dike off the bench.

And by the looks of things its going to be Simonin and Hagglund again as both Perquis and Caldwell are questionable.

We should expect a win on this one. It won't be easy, and the guys will have to work hard. But, if we are any good, we win games like this.

Red CB Toronto
03-31-2015, 03:49 PM
Just hope Jozy and The General will be ready to go after a long week of travel and not much time to recover. Remember last year Michael played in Phoenix for the US vs. Mexico on Tuesday, suited up for the Reds in Columbus on Saturday and did not play the next week due to fatigue. The bye week after could be the saving grace here.

ensco
03-31-2015, 06:08 PM
I'd bring Altidore off the bench, and if you get lucky, you can rest him 100%.

Too much injury risk playing again 7 time zones away in 4 days, plus Dike earned the look. His play on the goal was simply unreal.

OgtheDim
03-31-2015, 06:16 PM
Altidore didn't play the full game today and will have 2 weeks off afterwards.

He starts.

notthesun
03-31-2015, 06:22 PM
Start Altidore, get a 2-0 lead then sub him off for Dike.

Chicago is awful. I don't care who's in our back line, we should dismantle them. I'll be disappointed with anything worse than 3-0.

Auzzy
03-31-2015, 07:10 PM
Altidore didn't play the full game today and will have 2 weeks off afterwards.

He starts.

Aha, there was method to that madness! He wanted to get off the field ASAP, stay fresh for the weekend.

Cashcleaner
03-31-2015, 07:46 PM
Chicago forecast is cloudy and rainy but somewhat warm over the next few days. Tomorrow and Thursday are expected to see highs of around 18 Celcius, but the temperature is gonna drop down to 7 degrees Friday with rain and sleet expected. Saturday is looking to be sunny with a high of 14. Hopefully that will dry up the pitch over in Bridgeview by kick-off. The Fire isn't looking to great so far this season. They've got a pretty lousy record of 1-3-0 and only two goals under their belt (with a Goal Differential of -3).

TFC should be playing for the full three points Saturday. If Vanney wants to start Altidore, I'd be okay with it.

Initial B
03-31-2015, 10:21 PM
I don't see TFC losing this game, but I can see them tying. Chicago is good at that.

ronzilla
04-01-2015, 07:11 AM
As long as the Reds don't have to battle 12 players, this should be a comfortable win. 3-1.

Brooker
04-01-2015, 01:27 PM
Never seen such confidence for a TFC away game. Chicago must be beyond atrocious.

Areathrasher
04-01-2015, 01:38 PM
Never seen such confidence for a TFC away game. Chicago must be beyond atrocious.

Bar Harry Shipp they pretty much are.

GabrielHurl
04-01-2015, 01:41 PM

1-0 win to Chicago then ?

Areathrasher
04-01-2015, 01:50 PM
1-0 win to Chicago then ?

Probably

C.Ronaldo
04-01-2015, 02:02 PM
dont forget the comedy stylings of magee

molenshtain
04-01-2015, 11:17 PM
dont forget the comedy stylings of magee

injured until the middle of the season i'm pretty sure.

AdamAM
04-01-2015, 11:27 PM
Chicago have some good pieces, and bought 3 DP's over the offseason. Don't be too dismissive of them, especially considering our shit luck lately.

ryan
04-02-2015, 08:13 AM
Chicago have some good pieces, and bought 3 DP's over the offseason. Don't be too dismissive of them, especially considering our shit luck lately.

lately
lately
lately
lately?

Areathrasher
04-02-2015, 08:21 AM

Their new DPs have done fuck all so far and the team looked much better against Philly without Maloney.

Philly and Chicago really have been awful so far this season and if TFC want to be what they say they are going to be they absolutley have to beat them both. Can't be dropping points to bottom feeders.

Derko
04-02-2015, 08:34 AM
I expect TFC to running on all cylinders against Chicago, Attack,Attack, Attack, just score more than the other guy, fuck the defense. :flare:

ag futbol
04-02-2015, 10:00 AM
Their new DPs have done fuck all so far and the team looked much better against Philly without Maloney.

Philly and Chicago really have been awful so far this season and if TFC want to be what they say they are going to be they absolutley have to beat them both. Can't be dropping points to bottom feeders.
Agreed, but keeping in mind it's hard to win points on the road in MLS in general. If we get this we're averaging 1.5 ppg half way through this trip which is beyond solid.

Detroit_TFC
04-02-2015, 10:11 AM
On paper this is a 3-1 TFC win. They will be looking for our guys to make dumb mistakes that give them opportunities. For that reason I'm concerned it could be a slip up game.

But if we see the kind of team play from TFC like 2nd half of game vs RSL, we'll do fine.

Let's not talk about the potential for Jozy to go full Incredible Hulk mode on the ref if that trend continues...

mcolvy
04-02-2015, 11:51 AM

Chicago spent all their money on strikers this summer... Forgetting about those big holes on defense and central midfield. When everyone is healthy they will have about 30% of their cap in strikers who are on the bench.

Probably the most mismanaged roster in the league at the moment.

jloome
04-02-2015, 12:38 PM
Chicago spent all their money on strikers this summer... Forgetting about those big holes on defense and central midfield. When everyone is healthy they will have about 30% of their cap in strikers who are on the bench.

They have Jeff Larentowicz, an MLS 1.0 career defensive midfielder, playing center back.

Red I
04-02-2015, 12:40 PM

..soooo, kinda like TFC 2014? Ya, that will likely not turn out well as time goes on, if history is any indication.

ronzilla
04-02-2015, 12:46 PM
Correct me if i'm wrong, but did the Reds get screwed last year in chicago with a disallowed goal that was perfectly legit ?

Areathrasher
04-02-2015, 12:52 PM
Correct me if i'm wrong, but did the Reds get screwed last year in chicago with a disallowed goal that was perfectly legit ?

Nope you are correct.

ensco
04-02-2015, 02:12 PM
..soooo, kinda like TFC 2014? Ya, that will likely not turn out well as time goes on, if history is any indication.

Kinda like TFC 2015 also I am afraid

Red I
04-02-2015, 02:49 PM

sigh ... yeah

Richard
04-02-2015, 02:52 PM

Except this year we got a CB and DM with excellent pedigree. Although they are injured now, if they play we could be a top team.

OgtheDim
04-02-2015, 03:10 PM
Cheyrou isn't injured.

AdamAM
04-02-2015, 05:54 PM
lately
lately
lately
lately?

looooool, probably should've said shittier than usual :rolleyes:

Graeme
04-02-2015, 07:44 PM
------------------------Bendik---------------------------
--Bloom--Hagglund--Simonen--Morrow--
-- -----------Bradley---------Cheyrou---------------
--Findley-------Giovinco--------Osorio----------
-------------------Altidore---------------------------------

ensco
04-02-2015, 07:47 PM
Except this year we got a CB and DM with excellent pedigree. Although they are injured now, if they play we could be a top team.

Could be. But with Altidore, Findley, Moore and Dike, and Giovinco (depending on game situation), and Hamilton.... we have a lopsided roster and are way overinvested up front (in terms of dollars and caliber of player).

Alonso
04-02-2015, 08:00 PM

Cheyrou, Perquis and myself would disagree.

With these signings, we are still short though....

However we are miles ahead from last year.

JavierMartini
04-02-2015, 08:47 PM
Tfc! T-o-r o-n-t o0o0o0o0 tfc :D

Happy Morrow is back. However most of our dangerous play and all the corners came from runs of Ashtone Morgan down the flank. This worries me, where is the attack going to come from now?

Soccerpro
04-02-2015, 09:08 PM
We need a win. Going 1-3 would be trouble. I don't want to be sub 500 going into the gold cup.

kodiakTFC
04-02-2015, 11:09 PM
We need a win. Going 1-3 would be trouble. I don't want to be sub 500 going into the gold cup.

I agree. Chicago is not a strong side. There is no excuse not to win here. Anything less than a draw would be a disaster.

flamehawk
04-03-2015, 10:38 AM

Happy Morrow is back. However most of our dangerous play and all the corners came from runs of Ashtone Morgan down the flank. This worries me, where is the attack going to come from now?

It's not ideal but I wonder if Morrow can slot it at RB and have Morgan remain on the left. If Morgan's defensive frailties become to obvious, we can move Morrow back and get Crevealle on.

notthesun
04-03-2015, 10:50 AM
Ref assignments out.

Chicago Fire v Toronto FC
Toyota Park (3:00pm EDT)
REF: JUAN GUZMAN
AR1: Eric Boria
AR2: Kyle Atkins
4TH: Sorin Stoica

molenshtain
04-03-2015, 11:16 AM
I agree. Chicago is not a strong side. There is no excuse not to win here. Anything less than a draw would be a disaster.

There are no "disasters" 4 games into the season in a particularly weak conference where over half the teams make it into the playoffs. The Revs lost 9 straight games last year. Look what happened to them.

Cashcleaner
04-03-2015, 11:30 AM
There are no "disasters" 4 games into the season in a particularly weak conference where over half the teams make it into the playoffs. The Revs lost 9 straight games last year. Look what happened to them.

Disaster would definitely be the harsh term in the case of a loss to the Fire - well unless it was a blow out or something; but let's be honest, we are going to be the much stronger team in Bridgeview tomorrow.

By the way, new forecast has a high of 14 Celsius tomorrow afternoon. Should dry the pitch up nicely.

mowe
04-03-2015, 11:55 AM

It's a weak conference precisely because of teams like Chicago. Last year NE got a big boost with the addition of Jones, we can't rely on that.

After this we have Dallas, Orlando, and Philly. The latter two are very winnable. We should be aiming to be one of the top teams, not just squeak into the playoffs. Picking up road points this early in the season will go a long way, especially with the Gold Cup coming.

Blizzard
04-03-2015, 01:28 PM
Cheyrou isn't injured.

Exactly and he is earning DP money paid down with allocation! A huge addition to the team.

Yohan
04-03-2015, 03:06 PM
http://forums.bigsoccer.com/attachments/upload_2015-4-3_8-56-44-png.46743/

OgtheDim
04-03-2015, 09:41 PM
Kurtis Larson ‏@KurtLarSUN (https://twitter.com/KurtLarSUN) 2h2 hours ago (https://twitter.com/KurtLarSUN/status/584155579930677248) A chance we see Morgan get his second straight start tomorrow. Vanney wouldn't say, but there's a chance Morrow slides inside.

Oooooookkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

Auzzy
04-03-2015, 10:13 PM
Anybody recognize this guy? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Justin_Morrow#/media/File:Justin_Morrow_SJ_Earthquakes.jpg

notthesun
04-03-2015, 10:21 PM
Kurtis Larson ‏@KurtLarSUN (https://twitter.com/KurtLarSUN) 2h2 hours ago (https://twitter.com/KurtLarSUN/status/584155579930677248) A chance we see Morgan get his second straight start tomorrow. Vanney wouldn't say, but there's a chance Morrow slides inside.

Oooooookkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

Honestly I would prefer we stick with Simonin and Hagglund. They did all right against RSL. Morrow is really not a CB.

molenshtain
04-03-2015, 11:53 PM
Honestly I would prefer we stick with Simonin and Hagglund. They did all right against RSL. Morrow is really not a CB.

Had a lot of minutes there in San Jose, and IIRC he played pretty well at CB last year so long as he wasn't going up against a big target forward. He'll likely be going up against Amirkwa tommorow, so he has that going for him if we do play him inside. I also suspect that if we do end up playing him at CB it'll be to accommodate Hagglund getting the start at RB and letting Simonin get another start. Vanney seems like a guy who rewards form, regardless of experience and reputation.

MightyDM
04-04-2015, 06:40 AM

Oooooookkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

If that is the case, it's intriguing. Morgan gave the team width vs RSL, which they had not had versus Vancouver and Columbus. I'd have some new respect for Vanney if he did that. Morgan, Simonin and Hagglund all earned a spot with their play last week.

MightyDM
04-04-2015, 06:41 AM

Apparenlt from Morgan!

OgtheDim
04-04-2015, 07:24 AM
Doubt Siminon stays in. If you read Larson's piece today, the concern is the pace of the Fire counter attack. Morrow and Morgan on the left would nullify that.

ronzilla
04-04-2015, 08:46 AM
The Reds need to hand chicago a good beating, to send out a message.

I just pray it's not the other way around. :)

ronzilla
04-04-2015, 09:02 AM
Kurtis Larson ‏@KurtLarSUN (https://twitter.com/KurtLarSUN) 1h1 hour ago

(https://twitter.com/KurtLarSUN/status/584338497219141632) Caldwell, Perquis, Zavaleta, Bloom did not travel with Toronto FC.

5 retweets 2 favorites

OgtheDim
04-04-2015, 09:03 AM
Kurtis Larson ‏@KurtLarSUN (https://twitter.com/KurtLarSUN) 1h1 hour ago (https://twitter.com/KurtLarSUN/status/584337424739766272)
Pitch conditions today are decent at Toyota Park. Michael Bradley and Joe Bendik walked it yesterday. Didn't seem to have major complaints.

Kurtis Larson ‏@KurtLarSUN (https://twitter.com/KurtLarSUN) 1h1 hour ago (https://twitter.com/KurtLarSUN/status/584335546631131137)
Available bench players for TFC here in Chicago: Simonin, Delgado, Dike, Warner, Lovitz, Jackson, Konopka

molenshtain
04-04-2015, 09:32 AM
So Creavalle at RB and Morrow at CB. Let's hopee Maloney continues to be completely fucking inept.

ag futbol
04-04-2015, 09:53 AM
I'd prefer if we kept Simonin on the field and just anchored a DM in front of the backline. What he might lack in pace he makes up for in passing range.

With the backline being advertised I expect the ball to be sailing over the head of our midfielders a lot.

Yohan
04-04-2015, 10:35 AM
So Creavalle at RB and Morrow at CB. Let's hopee Maloney continues to be completely fucking inept.
With defensively inept Creavalle and Morgan at FB, Chicago will just fling crosses into the box, and 2 CBs will have a hard time battling couple of athletic Chicago strikers. And TFC already has enough trouble defending crosses.

shwade
04-04-2015, 10:37 AM
Simonin and Hagglund need to continue to develop their partnership, they didn't do too bad against RSL.
We need Morrow as a fullback, Creaville and Morgan don't know how to get back properly (and Creaville doesn't know what to do when he gets forward either).

Ajax TFC
04-04-2015, 10:49 AM
Couple points: In Salt Lake, part of our improved play in midfield was Warner at the base of it keeping the shape together. Bradley cannot hold the midfield shape as a DM. I think Bradley should come in for Osorio and play RM, where his endless running and pressing will be an asset rather than a weakness. Maybe Osorio can move up a line at Findley's expense.
I think Morgan and Hagglund as the fullbacks might be the way to go in this game rather than Morrow and Creavalle. Morgan's attacking ability is better than the other fullbacks we have, and his defense isn't really any worse (it's probably better) than Creavalle. Hagglund is better with the ball at his feet at RB than Creavalle, and he's better defensively. Morrow can partner Simonin at CB.

Bendik
Hagglund - Simonin - Morrow - Morgan
Warner
Bradley - - - Cheyrou
Altidore - Giovinco - Osorio

Yohan
04-04-2015, 10:54 AM
Couple points: In Salt Lake, part of our improved play in midfield was Warner at the base of it keeping the shape together. Bradley cannot hold the midfield shape as a DM. I think Bradley should come in for Osorio and play RM, where his endless running and pressing will be an asset rather than a weakness. Maybe Osorio can move up a line at Findley's expense.
I think Morgan and Hagglund as the fullbacks might be the way to go in this game rather than Morrow and Creavalle. Morgan's attacking ability is better than the other fullbacks we have, and his defense isn't really any worse (it's probably better) than Creavalle. Hagglund is better with the ball at his feet at RB than Creavalle, and he's better defensively. Morrow can partner Simonin at CB.

Bendik
Hagglund - Simonin - Morrow - Morgan
Warner
Bradley - - - Cheyrou
Altidore - Giovinco - Osorio

This won't happen because Bradley dictates to Vanney what he wants to do. It's so frigging obvious that Bradley is running the show, and Vanney has to adapt the game to whatever Bradley says. So we're going to see that retarded double pivot and Bradley running around like a headless chicken and losing ball.
And Vanney won't drop Bradley's friend Findley.

molenshtain
04-04-2015, 11:01 AM
This won't happen because Bradley dictates to Vanney what he wants to do. It's so frigging obvious that Bradley is running the show, and Vanney has to adapt the game to whatever Bradley says. So we're going to see that retarded double pivot and Bradley running around like a headless chicken and losing ball.

Who would you play over Findley? he's been fine so far.

It's also not at all obvious that Bradley is doing Vanney's job. any evidence you have would be welcomed.

JavierMartini
04-04-2015, 11:04 AM

Almost every attack was through morgan vs rsl.

OgtheDim
04-04-2015, 11:14 AM
Warner has been better this season and is making the Gold Cup time look a lot less of an issue for us. But I think he too needs that double pivot.

Chicago tends to back off and not press high. Lets see how much space that gives to our midfield to operate before we throw in a formation change.

mowe
04-04-2015, 11:19 AM

Good point. It's common knowledge that Bradley's best position is ahead of a destroyer DM. Not sure if Warner can be that guy but it's worth trying.

I would run a diamond midfield with Warner at the base, Bradley at the top, Oso and Cheyrou on the sides, and Giovinco/Altidore up top.

Simonin and Morrow as our CBs is risky. I'd keep Creavalle at RB until Bloom gets back, and try out Hagglund/Morrow in the middle.

molenshtain
04-04-2015, 11:21 AM
When we signed Cheyrou the club kept describing him as a guy who can and will play the Michael Carrick role. I don't know why we haven't used him that way. it would suit both his and Bradley's abilities.

OgtheDim
04-04-2015, 11:26 AM
Watching this we are going to have the narration choice of Gerry Dobson or some dudes from Chicago.

Yohan
04-04-2015, 11:46 AM
Who would you play over Findley? he's been fine so far.

It's also not at all obvious that Bradley is doing Vanney's job. any evidence you have would be welcomed.
the problem with Findley is that because of disorganization of TFC midfield and Giovinco playing CAM so not tracking back as much is that strikers also need to pitch in defensively. Findley has been playing a poacher role so far, and a poacher is a luxury role for TFC IMO. if Gio is not going to play defence (and he shouldn't be dropping back so deep) and double pivot is going to be a headache for TFC, then strikers need to do more to help out defensively.

as for the other point, let me see if this game folds like I imagine it would (I think Harry Shipp is going to look like an all star this game), and I'll present my case

jloome
04-04-2015, 11:55 AM
With defensively inept Creavalle and Morgan at FB, Chicago will just fling crosses into the box, and 2 CBs will have a hard time battling couple of athletic Chicago strikers. And TFC already has enough trouble defending crosses.

To who? Chicago plays a 433 with fast, wide forwards. They don't have people banging in headers up front.

They've looked pretty rotten so far.

Yohan
04-04-2015, 11:59 AM
To who? Chicago plays a 433 with fast, wide forwards. They don't have people banging in headers up front.

They've looked pretty rotten so far.
they lined up 4-4-2 last game. good players find space for headers, esp when opposition defenders suck at marking like TFC. for TFC, back post runs

jloome
04-04-2015, 12:12 PM
they lined up 4-4-2 last game. good players find space for headers, esp when opposition defenders suck at marking like TFC. for TFC, back post runs

They lined up 442 because Maloney and Accam were out. They have all three DPs back. Still, they won in a 442 so maybe he stays with that. Even then, they don't match up to us in the air.

My issue is whether they'll overwhelm us numerically in the midfield. I tend to think our three are better than their four, Shipp excepted. Even then, he's a good player, but pretty overrated. Great passer.

portu
04-04-2015, 12:49 PM
THIS! If Bradley wanted someone traded today it'd happen within the week, he's the real "brains" behind this club now.

AdamAM
04-04-2015, 12:55 PM
Hey guys, in Niagara for the weekend and hotel wifi sucks too much to livestream anything. Anyone know some spots where I could catch the game?

Ajax TFC
04-04-2015, 01:20 PM
Starting XI:

Bendik
Creavalle - Hagglund - Morrow - Morgan
Bradley
Osorio - - - Cheyrou
Findley - Giovinco - Altidore

OgtheDim
04-04-2015, 01:21 PM
Fire looking like a 4-4-1-1

And Morrow starts in the middle.

JavierMartini
04-04-2015, 01:32 PM
SN1 is "currently unavailable" wtf :/

jloome
04-04-2015, 01:34 PM

Ironically, I don't normally get it on my very basic digital package. But they have it on free preview ....

jloome
04-04-2015, 01:37 PM

They have Quincy Amarikwa alone upfront with Maloney behind him, and two playes wide who are better coming inside and using speed (Accam) and passing, Shipp.

So they'll play it like inverted wingers and cut inside all day. They're not going to be pinging in crosses to two guys under five-nine.

JavierMartini
04-04-2015, 01:37 PM
Ironically, I don't normally get it on my very basic digital package. But they have it on free preview ....

What channel is that on, I'm supposed to get it but idk what's going on with rogers.

jloome
04-04-2015, 01:39 PM
I'm in Edmonton ... Telus digital has it on 907.

FRANKIE65
04-04-2015, 01:42 PM
Not sure when the bastards changed it, but, now the game is on Sportsnet one...frickin Pittsburgh, Columbus hockey game on 360. Guess it's stream time again...fuck me

OgtheDim
04-04-2015, 01:42 PM
Streams

http://firstrowca.eu/watch/335054/1/watch-chicago-fire-vs-toronto-fc.html

http://cricfree.sx/watch/live/chicago-fire-vs-toronto-fc-live-streaming

http://livetv.sx/en/eventinfo/302980_chicago_toronto/

Richard
04-04-2015, 01:45 PM
Starting XI:

Bendik
Creavalle - Hagglund - Morrow - Morgan
Bradley
Osorio - - - Cheyrou
Findley - Giovinco - Altidore

Bradley as DM. OOOOOOK, good luck with that.

ronzilla
04-04-2015, 01:53 PM
http://livetv.sx/en/eventinfo/302980_chicago_toronto/

http://live.drakulastream.eu/static/freepopups/2842611136384100.html

http://live.drakulastream.eu/static/freepopups/2842611136384090.html

http://www.stream2watch.com/sports/soccer/chicago-fire-vs-toronto-fc-live-stream-april-04

http://www.stream2utv.eu/watch/27812/1/MLS-Chicago-Fire-vs-Toronto-FC.html

jloome
04-04-2015, 01:55 PM
Bradley as DM. OOOOOOK, good luck with that.

It's his best position, by a mile. But they won't play it like that anyway. We're playing a flat three up top and in the middle with players pivoting to the strong side, same as every game up until now, I'm guessing.

OgtheDim
04-04-2015, 01:55 PM
If this game is on Eurosport somewhere, going to be happy.

shwade
04-04-2015, 01:57 PM
5 more minutesss.

This is an important game to see how far the midfield and attack have come since Vancouver.

ronzilla
04-04-2015, 01:58 PM
If this game is on Eurosport somewhere, going to be happy.

http://www.stream2watch.com/sports/soccer/chicago-fire-vs-toronto-fc-live-stream-april-04

Areathrasher
04-04-2015, 02:00 PM
Same thing happened to me last weekend :lol:

notthesun
04-04-2015, 02:13 PM
Jesus fuck Creavalle is fucking awful. I can't watch him play this position anymore.

Ajax TFC
04-04-2015, 02:15 PM
The kit colours are indecipherable, especially in the shade of the TFC box

mowe
04-04-2015, 02:15 PM
Cheyrou looks good going forward

Yohan
04-04-2015, 02:16 PM
oh dear. Creavalle with a yellow already. another red card alert?

Jpexxx
04-04-2015, 02:20 PM
lolwut

Alonso
04-04-2015, 02:21 PM
CSN annoucer: "Hagglund disallowed goal was the wrong call last week"

shwade
04-04-2015, 02:22 PM
Wtf is happening

shwade
04-04-2015, 02:23 PM
Yeah that seems about right

mowe
Fucking ridiculous. Our defenders can't deal with shit

OgtheDim
We look like we are afraid of the ball.

jloome
04-04-2015, 02:24 PM
We look like we are afraid of the ball.

If I said we've sucked so far, I'd be generous.

Might be good for us, though, wake us up.

Captain Cook
Fuck offfff

Ajax TFC
The right side of our defense is just terrible

JavierMartini
Crevalle is doing nothing after the yellow, findley was back trying to deal with that, gave it away and then gave up on his mark.

v00d00daddy
04-04-2015, 02:26 PM
Fucking ridiculous. Our defenders can't deal with shit

Our multi million dollar dm captain watched the goal from a great angle.

And we've had a fw dive too. Sad

That being said...its early and can still be ok. Hope that was a wake up call

shwade
Creaville should not be playing. Move morrow there and bring on simonin.

jloome
Findley has looked truly horrific so far. Where was he going on that last play? Wide to the corner?

smtavare
Findley, Ceavalle, Morgan, and Bendiks are no it starters, there Someone said it - they suck

Ajax TFC
04-04-2015, 02:28 PM
Fuck yeah

jloome
04-04-2015, 02:28 PM
Eek. We'll take it!

mowe
04-04-2015, 02:29 PM
Hahaha Giovinco gets his first goal because of a howler by their keeper

notthesun
Fantastic build up, garbage finish but I'll take it.

We need to win this game. No excuses, Chicago is not good.

v00d00daddy
There we go. Good luck and we're even

JavierMartini
Findley, Ceavalle, Morgan, and Bendiks are no it starters, there Someone said it - they suck

Morgan with the assist on the goal....... why the hate?

shwade
Good link up tho

OgtheDim
04-04-2015, 02:30 PM
LOL

I was going to say we look far more dangerous on the ball then them. Have been giving it up far too easily.

jloome
04-04-2015, 02:31 PM

I think Morgan still has the potential, and Bendik is a decent keeper. Findley is unconvicing, as is Creavalle. Both have some skill, though. Mostly decision making issues.

Ajax TFC
Morgan is much better when allowed to attack. The last two and a half years TFC was a defense first team and he was terrible. Now we're primarily an attacking team and he's picking up where he left off under Winter

Alonso
That went through the defenders legs and the keepers legs.... LOL!!!

Double 5 hole bitches!

shwade
04-04-2015, 02:32 PM
Oso's been invisible so far.

jloome
04-04-2015, 02:32 PM
wOW, creavalle just mugged maloney and they missed it. Go PRO!

portu
04-04-2015, 02:35 PM
Bradley owning this game, amarikwa still biggest flopped in the league

Yohan
04-04-2015, 02:35 PM
Morgan is much better when allowed to attack. The last two and a half years TFC was a defense first team and he was terrible. Now we're primarily an attacking team and he's picking up where he left off under Winter
Eric Gehrig is a converted CB playing RB and he keeps drifting in, giving Morgan all the space.

Morgan looks ok when nobody bothers to mark him and test him defensively

Ajax TFC
04-04-2015, 02:45 PM
Eric Gehrig is a converted CB playing RB and he keeps drifting in, giving Morgan all the space.

He has space because the formation is designed to create space for the fullbacks. The narrow midfield and attack keeps the opposition inside and creates space out wide. He uses his space quite well compared to Creavalle, who somehow manages to run into an opposing player no matter how much space he had when he received the ball

OgtheDim
04-04-2015, 02:47 PM

And he keeps doing it. Morgan is going to wear down that side all game.

jloome
04-04-2015, 02:48 PM
Creavalle reminds me of Amadou Sanyang.

smtavare
04-04-2015, 02:48 PM
Bring on Jackson for Findley - bring up ball on other side

Yohan
04-04-2015, 02:49 PM
Oso is really not having a good game

Captain Cook
04-04-2015, 02:50 PM
that was pretty shoddy from Osorio

Yohan
04-04-2015, 02:50 PM
He has space because the formation is designed to create space for the fullbacks. The narrow midfield and attack keeps the opposition inside and creates space out wide. He uses his space quite well compared to Creavalle, who somehow manages to run into an opposing player no matter how much space he had when he received the ball
or, Chicago read the scouting report and just don't respect Morgan ;)

Ultra & Proud
04-04-2015, 02:51 PM
Bring on Jackson for Findley - bring up ball on other side
Good call. Hopefully early in second.

jloome
04-04-2015, 02:52 PM
Has Jozy touched the ball in this half?

notthesun
04-04-2015, 02:52 PM
Sportsnet is the worst broadcaster of all time.

shwade
04-04-2015, 02:53 PM
Findleys not smart enough to play Gio's passes.

portu
04-04-2015, 02:53 PM
Findley is lazy

jloome
04-04-2015, 02:54 PM
So far, this game is displaying that MLS teams win and lose on their bit parts, not their stars; both teams severely lacking in a few areas. Findley, Creavalle, Morrow have all been weak, Cheyrou has been abysmal.

Weak half so far.

jloome
04-04-2015, 02:55 PM
Is that Dolan doing the color? Only a Canadian coach would think a team would be happy with that display of mediocrity.

pdubs
04-04-2015, 02:57 PM
Findley is not a wide player. He is bad with the ball at his feet and he can't across. Prefer Lovitz honestly especially on the right cutting in.

notthesun
04-04-2015, 02:58 PM
Looking like the Vancouver first half. Getting destroyed by long balls to pacey wingers/forwards. If we shore that up they don't have much. For gods sake tell Creavalle to park his ass 5 feet behind Accam at all times.

JavierMartini

Nah if they try and challenge Morgan he pushes the ball past them and beats them with pace. We saw it all the time under winter.
Heck he was even covering the right side when crevalle and hagglund were nowhere to be seen. He's hungry for his spot & our attack for the last two games has been on his flank. To mark Morgan out you need to prevent the entry ball to him.

OgtheDim
Cheyrou has been abysmal.

Disagree, his touches (apart from one cross that went flying out) have been good, his positional play excellent and he's taken Shipp out of the game for much of it.

Osorio needs to step up his game though.

evermorian
04-04-2015, 02:59 PM
Sportsnet is the worst broadcaster of all time. I'm watching it on Eurosport and am finding it hilarious how much the announcers are critiquing the performances of both teams. It might be a bit of Eurosnobbery, but you can tell they are used to a higher level of play than what this game is offering.

JavierMartini
04-04-2015, 02:59 PM
Has Jozy touched the ball in this half?

Yeah, hes had some good touches dropping back and even contributed to the goal in a 1-2 with bradley.

OgtheDim
04-04-2015, 03:00 PM
Is that Dolan doing the color? Only a Canadian coach would think a team would be happy with that display of mediocrity.

The Fire guys said about the same thing.

We are WAAY better then Chicago. Just need to keep the ball. That goal was a 17 pass move. We do things like that, we score.

AdamAM
04-04-2015, 03:00 PM
Unentertaining first half, Osorio missed a sitter! Use your body to control the ball, not your testes!

nonc
04-04-2015, 03:01 PM
Creavalle and Findley the right side of my nightmares.

smtavare
04-04-2015, 03:01 PM
I hate playing Osario on the wing, he drifts in too much!, we need better wingers

jloome
04-04-2015, 03:02 PM
Disagree, his touches (apart from one cross that went flying out) have been good, his positional play excellent and he's taken Shipp out of the game for much of it.

Osorio needs to step up his game though.

Cheyrou was dispossesed twice in our end, one almost costing a goal, and has misplaced most of his passes; and Shipp is playing wide, so Cheyrou doesn't have to pick him up most of the time until he cuts inside. When he does, he's been open a couple of times and had an open look at the top of the box. Cheyrou had a shambolic half, and I think he'd admit it himself.

We were mediocre all over the pitch there, except for our new DP. Giovinco was the best player on the pitch, aside from maybe Joven Jones.

Mark TFC
04-04-2015, 03:06 PM
I don't understand the Findley hate. He may be having a poor match, but he's typically a good player.

I do agree that Warren Craevalle has to go though. I've been saying it since last season. Please send him packing.

Yohan
04-04-2015, 03:06 PM
fun fact. Joevin Jones, who scored the goal for Chicago and has looked like one of best Chicago players so far this season, was a former TFC trialist

OgtheDim
04-04-2015, 03:11 PM
....Cheyrou had a shambolic half, and I think he'd admit it himself.

Then you missed about 5 passes by Cheyrou that nobody else but Giovinco can do on this team.

mowe
04-04-2015, 03:15 PM
Creavalle needs to be subbed out. Bring on Jackson or Delgado.

shwade
04-04-2015, 03:15 PM
That would be a penalty if it was a toronto player.

JavierMartini
04-04-2015, 03:16 PM
that's a penalty that gets called against us all the time. elbow to the face? that's ok!

JavierMartini
04-04-2015, 03:18 PM
That would be a penalty if it was a toronto player.

qft. it's sad but true.

Yohan
04-04-2015, 03:18 PM
if Vanney doesn't take out Creavalle now... red card eventually.

tfcfans
04-04-2015, 03:19 PM
Beautiful Play!!

Jpexxx
Good god.

That made me wet.

Cheyrou!!!

shwade
Beautiful. Cheyrou and Gio are on another level from the rest.

jloome
O shit man, that was class...

Defoe
gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooool

notthesun
04-04-2015, 03:20 PM
That was a great fucking goal.

Now please get Findley off the pitch.

nonc
HAHa eurosport must've liked that goal though

Ajax TFC
or, Chicago read the scouting report and just don't respect Morgan ;)
It's all give and take. They're trying to take away space from the strikers by giving it to Morgan and Creavalle. Morgan has done a good job of using that space. Sure they can decide to mark him better, but then they'll open up space more centrally

Inklink
Beautiful touches.

Captain Cook
phew, thank the lord for that.

Defoe
04-04-2015, 03:21 PM
I love that such a class goal could come from a non DP

edit - fml

Inklink
This backline is brutal. It will always be TFC's downfall.

Captain Cook
aaaaaaaaaand fuck off.

OgtheDim
Ummm...............Cheyrou everybody?

And Giovinco with space.\

OHh...............I'm behind ya'll. Darn.

Alonso
Awesome

mowe
Bendik screened

pdubs
04-04-2015, 03:22 PM
Now go score again. Pathetic. So soft

tfcfans
....and there is the TFC we have been following for the last 8+ years....yeesh....

JavierMartini
why is morrow behind amerikwa screening bendik? wtf. if he touches it it's offisde.

JavierMartini
04-04-2015, 03:23 PM
that was studs up? no card? ok.

Jpexxx
04-04-2015, 03:24 PM
TFC is gunna need to be a team that scores a lot of goals if they wanna win games this year...

notthesun
04-04-2015, 03:24 PM
Creavalle stands in no mans land marking nobody for 5 full seconds while Maloney beats Hagglund 1-on-1. Anyone could see that coming, where the fuck is the help?

RealG-TFC
04-04-2015, 03:25 PM
Jozy needs to get into this game

Jpexxx
04-04-2015, 03:25 PM
why is morrow behind amerikwa screening bendik? wtf. if he touches it it's offisde.

He certainly looks uncomfortable at CB

Inklink
04-04-2015, 03:26 PM
ROFL Crapvale

notthesun
Get creavalle off the pitch vanney holy fuck

shwade
Why is Creaville still on the pitch...what is Vanney waiting for

pdubs
Creavalle with the lazy cross. Makes my blood boil.

RealG-TFC
Omg creavalle

nonc
Is Bloom still injured? Only plausible explanation of Creavalle.

RealG-TFC
04-04-2015, 03:27 PM
Time for Jackson, take Creavalle off

shwade
04-04-2015, 03:27 PM
STOP ATTACKING THROUGH THE RIGHT!!
they need to ignore Creaville out there.

Inklink
04-04-2015, 03:28 PM
Crowd's playing some sick tunes.

aajking
04-04-2015, 03:29 PM
woww creavalle...

Ajax TFC
04-04-2015, 03:29 PM
You can see how strong the wind is by how fast the garbage is blowing down the field

jloome
04-04-2015, 03:30 PM
Time to give Bright Dike a runout.

Inklink
Altidore has been invisible.

nonc
Findley/Creavalle/Vanney gonna seal points for Chicago

portu
04-04-2015, 03:31 PM
Jackson for Findley and Delgado for Creavalle please

shwade
That pass reminds me of the Frings days.

TheGoodson
the way Altidore is playing wide and deep. Vanney needs to take Findley out and put in Dike as we need a physical presence in the middle.

shwade
Jackson for Findley and Delgado for Creavalle please

Dike for Findley. We need to go for the win.

Ajax TFC
04-04-2015, 03:32 PM
Well that was inevitable

Inklink
Someone called it.

Hope Vanney is happy.

JavierMartini
and crevalle gets us a red. vanney should have pulled him wtf.

Jpexxx
lol.

shwade
Are you fucking happy Vanney?

mowe
How did Vanney not see this coming? Creavalle should've been subbed off a LONG time ago.

jloome
Should have taken him off after the terrible first half.

Yohan
yeah. like I said...

bye bye Creavalle

nonc
Lol vanney is so stupid of course

JavierMartini
to be fair. what about the studs up tackle that didnt get a yellow? not that thats nto a yellow but the inconsistency is bullshit.

shwade
04-04-2015, 03:33 PM
Why is Creaville still on the pitch...what is Vanney waiting for

That's what happens.

mowe
YUP. We're still TFC.

v00d00daddy
50/50

creavalle and Bendik

Inklink
Joe Bendik everybody.

OgtheDim
:facepalm:

Sooner Bloom gets back the better.

Yohan
game over

jloome
Bendik cheats to the right and gets beaten with a low laser. Bad goalkeeping.

Defoe
it's VERY hard to be positive about what just happened

nonc
Why was Bendik cheating towards his wall haha

pdubs
04-04-2015, 03:34 PM
Hope he gets put away for a couple months.

Vanneys needs subs to go out and win it. Fuck it. Bye week next week. Let's go boys

Jpexxx
so classic

Morlesio14
Fuck creavalle

Waggy
Fucks sake

notthesun
Vanney should be fired if we lose this game. Not kidding.

nonc
Some notable subpar performances but this is all on Vanney today.

speckles
This game will be totally on Vanney if we lose.. worst coaching I have seen in a long time.

king10
04-04-2015, 03:35 PM
bendik is not a starting goalie in MLS. You set your wall up for a reason, why would you take a stutter step behind the wall exposing the area you should have covered.

Also creavalle sticking his knee out when he already has a yellow card? use your head.

And findley has no business starting.

OgtheDim
Bendik needs to get that one.

Inklink
Giovinco is going to be homesick very soon at this rate. :(

gracos
TFC might as well give up this season, I see absolutely nothing different regarding this team as opposed to last year, same old same old, I am afraid we may never see a team us Torontonians may be proud of, this game should of been a fairly easy victory

nonc
Vanney should be fired if we lose this game. Not kidding.

Bez only wants sockpuppets, how's that working Bez

shwade
yeah. like I said...

bye bye Creavalle

Mayne Vanney didn't get the go ahead from Bradley to pull Creavalle? Lulz.

OgtheDim
04-04-2015, 03:36 PM
This game will be totally on Vanney if we lose.. worst coaching I have seen in a long time.

Nope.

That goal is on Bendik.

Crevalle as RB? Who would have been the other choice? No moving Hagllund there would not have been a good idea.

zorsofstesab
04-04-2015, 03:37 PM
Poor coaching by Vanney. Creavelle was going to get card eventually with how reckless he was playing. Vanney made a huge mistake bot taking him off...

pdubs
TFC might as well give up this season, I see absolutely nothing different regarding this team as opposed to last year, same old same old, I am afraid we may never see a team us Torontonians may be proud of, this game should of been a fairly easy victory

How about that 17 pass first goal build up?

shwade
Good news is Creavalle can't play the next game.

PAOK17
Why was Bendik cheating towards his wall haha
I have been saying this for years now that Bendik is NOT a good keeper. Anyone with good reflexes can make acrobatic looking saves. What separates a good keeper from mediocre/bad is decision making, distribution and reading plays. Benedik is poor in all of those.

JavierMartini
and now a pass back lol

tfcfans
04-04-2015, 03:38 PM
I don't know how much longer I can watch this team and actually believe that something good will ever happen for us.......if there is ever a chance that something will go wrong, 95% of the time it does with this franchise.....no supporters in MLS have been treated to this level of ineptitude (bad luck? poor officiating discretion?) from franchise inception onwards......I really hope we are not sitting on 4 or 6 points after the first 7 games this year, and the season being lost before we even get to the home opener.....

.....or maybe I'm just over-reacting...... ;)

Alonso
We've given up some soft goals tonight.

RealG-TFC
Jackson instantly more effective than Creavalle/Findley. Those two are simply not good enough.

OgtheDim
TFC might as well give up this season, ....

:troll:

Hieberrr
Let's hire Jupp Heynckes. What's he doing nowadays?

king10
04-04-2015, 03:39 PM
I have been saying this for years now that Bendik is NOT a good keeper. Anyone with good reflexes can make acrobatic looking saves. What separates a good keeper from mediocre/bad is decision making, distribution and reading plays. Benedik is poor in all of those.

bang on. shot stopping is the easiest part of being a goalkeeper. taking crosses, positioning, distribution, decision is the hard part. lots of keepers have good reflexes

shwade
This game was on Vanney from the starting lineup when he decided to start Creavalle and place Morrow as a CB. Stupid.

Blixa
What is the point of paying Giovinco $8 mil or Bradley $6 mil a year if you're going to pair them up with fuckwits like Creaville?

nonc
Nope.

That goal is on Bendik.

Crevalle as RB? Who would have been the other choice? No moving Hagllund there would not have been a good idea.

I believe that is Jackson's natural position. Say what you will about Jackson but not as useless as Creavalle