PDA

View Full Version : I think we need to take a stand against the Argos coming to BMO field

A Stick
03-26-2015, 09:45 AM
Hey Fellow Redpatch People;

I think we have to do something to make it perfectly clear to MLSE management that if the Argos come to BMO, they (MLSE) are going to lose a significant number of TFC's hardcore fans next season. This is no bluff and they need to realize this. The initial stand that I would like to see is the supporter groups call a meeting with their MLSE contacts and explain the situation to them and our concerns about the grass. MSLE has pored a lot of money into this dysfunctional team and I truly don't think they realize what is at stake here. Regarding the home opener, I think we need to make our voices heard loud and clear about how we feel about the Argos. Maybe we can get David Miller to speak to the media about this? I am just throwing out ideas but we can't take this sitting down and twiddling our thumbs!

Rant Over;

Adrian

Wagner
03-26-2015, 09:55 AM
you can call your Ticket rep.
you can call your councillor.

there is already another thread talking about this.

i'm sure there will be banners and 2-sticks regarding this.

you can write letters to the Editor at the major papers.

we can try to get #NoArgosAtBMO trending.

we can call TFC sponsors and let them know your feelings.

Areathrasher
03-26-2015, 09:55 AM
Having given Leiweke and Bob Hunter both barrels over this in person, emailing and talking to various political figures and emailing my concerns to my ticket rep and I’m resigned to the fact that nothing can be done to stop this, it’s going to happen and it’s just a question of when.
The original master agreement with the city specifies that BMO Field has to be convertible to football and there isn’t a way to get out of that. The City/Argos have TFC/MLSE by the balls with that.

All we can do is to put pressure on MLSE/Argos/City to make sure that BMO Field never goes back to plastic and whatever the surface (natural/hybrid) that is in place is looked after to the nth degree, whatever the cost.

The Argos can come but the stadium needs to remain soccer focused and that can be the best home possible for TFC and Canadian National teams.

Wagner
03-26-2015, 09:57 AM
discussion is already going on in here:

http://forums.redpatchboys.ca/showthread.php?37158-Argos-to-BMO-decision-summer-2015/

james
03-29-2015, 08:49 PM
can end up with things like this. Hate pointy ball, so many dam lines.

https://c1.staticflickr.com/7/6174/6235132566_13cb2d9a3e_z.jpg

james
03-29-2015, 08:50 PM
http://www.soccerticketsonline.com/wp-content/uploads/RevsvTimbers1.jpg

Hitcho
03-29-2015, 09:47 PM
Hey Fellow Redpatch People;

I think we have to do something to make it perfectly clear to MLSE management that if the Argos come to BMO, they (MLSE) are going to lose a significant number of TFC's hardcore fans next season. This is no bluff and they need to realize this. The initial stand that I would like to see is the supporter groups call a meeting with their MLSE contacts and explain the situation to them and our concerns about the grass. MSLE has pored a lot of money into this dysfunctional team and I truly don't think they realize what is at stake here. Regarding the home opener, I think we need to make our voices heard loud and clear about how we feel about the Argos. Maybe we can get David Miller to speak to the media about this? I am just throwing out ideas but we can't take this sitting down and twiddling our thumbs!

Rant Over;

Adrian

I'm with you dude, but the time for this is long gone. I didn't renew my season tickets when they signed up for the argos moving in and emailed my ticket rep to let them know why. That is the only way that MLSE will listen or care, and even then it will have to be enough to off-set the money they make from the Argos.

As always with MLSE, things will need to get really fucked up, beyoind the point of repait, before they wake up and stop sniffing their own asses.

Qman
03-29-2015, 11:05 PM
MLSE has gouged the hardcore fans for years charging massive tix prices for a league not even in the top 20 worldwide. While they finally started to invest in the product and made it better to watch, they aren't really asborbing $10m+ operating losses if its collects MLS expansion fees every year.
Just remember, frankly they prove this all the time
... they don't give a shit about the real fans, as long as someone fills the seats.