PDA

View Full Version : 14 Games (42pts) Left: Onwards to the PlayOffs TFC Lads!!!

sidney
07-23-2008, 11:44 PM
Yah, we haven't won in a bit, and we've been having trouble scoring. But we're a much better side than last year, and the brand of football we've been playing is much better. The results, the luck, and the good-graces of the soccer-gods will come, as long as you keep putting in the effort!

Onwards to the playoffs TFC-lads...I, and many others, have confidence that you'll/we'll be there!!! (and what a f-ing treat it will be!!!)

Brooker
07-23-2008, 11:51 PM
hurry back Dichio.... we'll need your help!!!

jayeden
07-23-2008, 11:56 PM
best thread ive seen all day

Keystone FC
07-24-2008, 01:30 AM
That's the spirit and the TFC supporters I know and love.
I think we just needed to spout off for awhile, but it's good to get back on track.
Playoffs....here we come.

bdrs
07-24-2008, 07:00 AM
Come On You Reds!

ensco
07-24-2008, 07:00 AM
we're a much better side than last year, and the brand of football we've been playing is much better.

Sorry to be a wet noodle in a dry noodle thread, but we were a better team, and more exciting to watch, in May/June 2007

sidney
07-24-2008, 08:10 AM
come on ensco....get off the pasta and eat some steak!

tlear
07-24-2008, 08:30 AM
What worries me is Carver's altitude now, he seemed to really blow up.. he needs to keep it together or we are in big trouble

sidney
07-24-2008, 02:10 PM
What worries me is Carver's altitude now, he seemed to really blow up.. he needs to keep it together or we are in big trouble

He's frustrated with the lack of signings...at least cunny's out of the way now. TFC can only get better with him off the field/out of the 1st team picture (if true).

Cambridge_Red
07-24-2008, 02:12 PM
He's frustrated with the lack of signings...at least cunny's out of the way now. TFC can only get better with him off the field/out of the 1st team picture (if true).

You know something I don't?? You do realize Ibrahim wont be playing next week.

sidney
07-24-2008, 02:13 PM
put Julius James up there as a striker

GabrielHurl
07-24-2008, 02:14 PM
put Julius James up there as a striker

he's a defender

Smenge
07-24-2008, 02:16 PM
Let's just hope the season doesn't end with MO making one of his midfield speeches about signing new players for next year......he has done a fine job, but it is odd that he cannot land even one goal goal scorer.....leaving us a bit anxious.....

sidney
07-24-2008, 02:19 PM
he's a defender

...with more offensive capabilities than cunny or any other available tfc'ers...give JJ a few functional training sessions with his back to goal (checking, laying off, timing runs, shooting under pressure) and he'll do better then anyone else we have available. He's got good speed and is great in the air. Until we get Danny D back and a new signing(s) he's our best hope imo.

Cashcleaner
07-24-2008, 02:27 PM
Playoffs? Fuck ya we can make the playoffs!

Dichio is gonna come back, Ibrahim is gonna improve, and Cunningham will either get his act turned around or Carver will bench him. We've had a shit go at things lately, but I'm sure we'll get our groove back once the All-Star game is over and done with and the Canadian Championship is pushed back a bit in our player's minds.

invictusTFC
07-24-2008, 03:43 PM
...with more offensive capabilities than cunny or any other available tfc'ers...give JJ a few functional training sessions with his back to goal (checking, laying off, timing runs, shooting under pressure) and he'll do better then anyone else we have available. He's got good speed and is great in the air. Until we get Danny D back and a new signing(s) he's our best hope imo.

C'mon... lets be serious. How is he our best option? He played for a fraction of the MTL game, and Carver only put him in there for set pieces and crosses. Would you put a forward playing D cuz he was able to break up one play? Stop with the house league suggestions. Sure throw him out there in the final few minutes of a game when the team is desperate for a goal, but to start him as a striker... Fucking ridiculous.

I'm thinking that if Dichio isn't healthy, they're going to have to go with both Ibrahim and Smith up front. Edu needs to sit for a game or two until he smartens up and starts playing up to his potential once more. 4-4-2. Ibrahim will bring some speed and skill while Smith will just work his ass off, and then we pray that we can get a result.

sidney
07-24-2008, 06:30 PM
Ibby's not available next game so that leaves us with Smith and James.