PDA

View Full Version : Pre, In and Post Game Thread: Toronto FC at Real Salt Lake, Sunday, March 29, 7 PM

Pages : [1] 2 3

Red CB Toronto
03-22-2015, 12:48 PM
What: Toronto FC at Real Salt Lake.
When: Sunday, March 29 at 7 PM
TV: Sportsnet

The Reds will be making the trip out west to face RSL minus Jozy and The General who will be away on international duty with the USMNT. It will test the Reds depth, but hopefully some can step up and they can come home with the 3 points.

Areathrasher
03-22-2015, 03:07 PM
Rimando, Gill and Saborio missing for RSL due to call ups

mowe
03-22-2015, 03:30 PM
---------Moore-------Findley--------

----------------Giovinco--------------

Cheyrou-------Warner--------Osorio---

Morgan----Perquis----Hagglund----Bloom

-----------------Bendik----------------

Ivy
03-22-2015, 03:39 PM
More considered with the loss of Morrow than anybody else. Dike or Moore can play a lone striker, and Warner replaces Bradley. We have nobody to play LB.

jloome
03-22-2015, 03:55 PM
More considered with the loss of Morrow than anybody else. Dike or Moore can play a lone striker, and Warner replaces Bradley. We have nobody to play LB.

Morgan; I don't think he's prevented from moving between clubs, is he? Kind of figured that's why they were giving him minutes this week.

jloome
03-22-2015, 04:02 PM
---------Moore-------Findley--------

----------------Giovinco--------------

Cheyrou-------Warner--------Osorio---

Morgan----Perquis----Hagglund----Bloom

-----------------Bendik----------------

I'd play it more defensively, as...

--------------Moore---Giovinco--------------
Osorio-----Cheyrou--Warner------Jackson
Morgan---Perquis----Hagglund----Bloom

OgtheDim
03-22-2015, 04:28 PM
I kinda think of Morgan as not being able to play LB. He looked not good in for TFCII last night. Can't imagine what he'll be like at altitude. He already tends to lose the plot about the 70th minute when at sea level.

We might get Lovitz and Dike off the bench.

Ivy
03-22-2015, 04:52 PM
I kinda think of Morgan as not being able to play LB. He looked not good in for TFCII last night. Can't imagine what he'll be like at altitude. He already tends to lose the plot about the 70th minute when at sea level.

We might get Lovitz and Dike off the bench.
I said that yesterday. He's not even USL level.

Auzzy
03-22-2015, 07:50 PM
Unbelievable that we didn't play RSL this week, instead of next week when it's an official international date. Amateur league garbage.

DinamoTFC
03-22-2015, 07:54 PM
They'll be missing Vasquez as well. Was hoping to see Beckerman included too but unfortunately not.

DinamoTFC
03-22-2015, 07:55 PM
So the league hasn't rescinded Morrows red card? damn.

MartinUtd
03-22-2015, 08:18 PM
I'm really curious what we end up doing for left back, I have a feeling we might see Bloom or Creavalle on their weaker side while management figures out what to do with Morgan. Maybe Zavaleta will have to learn a new position since he's been touted for his adaptability, who knows.
Also, not to be overly pedantic, but this is just a pre-game thread right? Surely we'll stick to the separate threads format...

barticusz
03-22-2015, 11:46 PM
All things considered I don't mind our lineup even though we're missing 4 starters. Moore is versatile and Giovinco is here along with cheyrou. Just going for a the though.. rSL has our number.

Ajax TFC
03-23-2015, 01:07 AM
I wouldn't mind switching to a 4-2-3-1. I don't know who I would want at LB though. I have no confidence in Morgan, but I'm not sure that Creavalle or Jackson would be a better option. Bloom is a definite in for me.

---------------------Bendik------------------------
-Bloom----Cadwell---------Perquis---Morgan---
-----------------Warner-----Cheyrou------------
----Lovitz----------Giovinco-----------Osorio---
--------------------Findley/Moore---------------

Initial B
03-23-2015, 12:09 PM
The altitude is not quite the same as Colorado, but is high enough that it will have an effect just the same. Morales will shred our backline with passes for their attackers and I expect a 2-0 loss on a pair of Tobias-time goals.

pdubs
03-23-2015, 12:32 PM
Defense is what I am worried about. We have seen the no Morrow and Caldwell experiment last season. No choice tho.

Fort York Redcoat
03-23-2015, 12:35 PM
Watching this one at Joes.

Gio and Findley still no slouches up top.

OgtheDim
03-23-2015, 01:05 PM
.... Morales will shred our backline with passes for their attackers .....

Doubtful. If Higuian didn't do it against 11 (he was getting visably ticked and taken out of the game), I doubt Morales will. We'll see what Warner does for a full 90, but Cheyrou should be able to handle Morales.

Ajax TFC
03-23-2015, 04:52 PM
Doubtful. If Higuian didn't do it against 11 (he was getting visably ticked and taken out of the game), I doubt Morales will. We'll see what Warner does for a full 90, but Cheyrou should be able to handle Morales.
Don't forget how Pedro Morales was completely taken out of the game

stevep
03-23-2015, 09:18 PM
Unbelievable that we didn't play RSL this week, instead of next week when it's an official international date. Amateur league garbage.

I am going to pass on this game. betting world only has them 20% chance of winning. this is just going to be frustrating to watch so i will pass

Ivy
03-24-2015, 04:32 AM
Let's not get discouraged yet... RSL hasn't been all that magical this year yet, and they'll be missing players too.

Brooker
03-24-2015, 05:36 AM
A road game in Salt Lake. Lord, let it be quick.

ensco
03-24-2015, 05:54 AM
I would actually like to see Morgan out there. Give him a chance.

If the guy is demoralized by the last 3 years here, who can blame him?

I still remember the kid who fought Donovan to a standstill in the 2012 CCL run. He has real speed and skills.

Detroit_TFC
03-24-2015, 09:24 AM
Hilario Grajeda is the center ref for RSL v TFC.

http://www.proreferees.com/2015-mls-regular-season-assignments---week-4.php

RealG-TFC
03-24-2015, 10:03 AM

I still remember the kid who fought Donovan to a standstill in the 2012 CCL run. He has real speed and skills.

I think he desperately needs to be loaned out to Ottawa before. Him costing us a game might demoralize him even further.

OgtheDim
03-24-2015, 10:08 AM
Larson tweeted:

Controversial referee David Gantar returns to an MLS pitch this week. He'll be in charge of Chicago/Philly Sunday afternoon.

May or may not indicate whether Morrow plays.

OgtheDim
03-24-2015, 11:01 AM
Gareth Wheeler ‏@WheelerTSN (https://twitter.com/WheelerTSN) 12s13 seconds ago (https://twitter.com/WheelerTSN/status/580398543984287745) No Caldwell/Zavaleta at #TFC (https://twitter.com/hashtag/TFC?src=hash) training. Simonin training with the 1st team.

John Molinaro ‏@JohnMolinaro (https://twitter.com/JohnMolinaro) 4m4 minutes ago (https://twitter.com/JohnMolinaro/status/580397811218415616)
Caldwell, Perquis and Bloom don't appear to be training with #TFC (https://twitter.com/hashtag/TFC?src=hash) teammates on the pitch

Hopefully tape out tonight of a Vanney interview cause that sounds really really not a good thing.

Ugh...

Neil Davidson ‏@NeilMDavidson (https://twitter.com/NeilMDavidson) 1m1 minute ago (https://twitter.com/NeilMDavidson/status/580398769079975936) #torontofc (https://twitter.com/hashtag/torontofc?src=hash) coach Greg Vanney playing defender in training today.

pdubs
03-24-2015, 11:06 AM
Ugh. Call in Ryan Nelson. lol.

Richard
03-24-2015, 11:07 AM
Do they not have warm bodies for training purposes? Lol what the hell.

I'm not going to get ahead of myself but this better be precautionary, I believe Perquis has a history of picking up small knocks but nothing major so there is that.

I'm not sure what's really going on though.

Juventino
03-24-2015, 11:23 AM
I'm looking forward to see how the team can react to these absences. The right game for Giovinco to be decisive.

By the way as an European these games during international weeks keep disturbing me. All these games without many key players, it just looks like amateur divisions. Never mind, the game will be broadcast on italian television and that's great, c'mon you reds !

MartinUtd
03-24-2015, 11:29 AM

I'm hoping for that Morgan to emerge. The amount of space he was giving opposing players last week has to be some kind of mental lapse due to his inactivity. How else could it be explained?

Ivy
03-24-2015, 11:39 AM
I'm hoping for that Morgan to emerge. The amount of space he was giving opposing players last week has to be some kind of mental lapse due to his inactivity. How else could it be explained?
He sucks. His development stopped after that 0-9 season.

OgtheDim
03-24-2015, 11:46 AM
So the defensive depth this weekend is

Perquis (recovering form a calf tear)

Hagglund

Creavalle

Morgan

Simonin

Fabrizzi

Charpie

No other uninjured defenders anywhere in the system.

Yohan
03-24-2015, 11:52 AM
if perquis is injured, we're so fucked

MartinUtd
03-24-2015, 11:56 AM
He sucks. His development stopped after that 0-9 season.

It's not even a lack of development though. He's actually regressed. What gives? It seems like he forgot how to stay close to his mark.

PizzaEatingYeti
03-24-2015, 01:47 PM
All these games without many key players, it just looks like amateur divisions.

It's sad, but...from a European footy fan's perspective doesn't looks like amateur divisions, IT IS amateur division until things like this aren't fixed forever!

ag futbol
03-24-2015, 02:35 PM
It's not even a lack of development though. He's actually regressed. What gives? It seems like he forgot how to stay close to his mark.
Teams study tape, they know what he's about at this point. Entirely one footed and that one foot isn't even very good. You stand outside of his left leg he won't beat you to the inside and is essentially pinned in place. Defensively he's solid if he identifies his matchup but in the run of play occasionally is caught unaware of the space on his flank.

Always hope for a local kid but I'm pessimistic.

OgtheDim
03-24-2015, 02:43 PM
From Monlinaro

#TFC (https://twitter.com/hashtag/TFC?src=hash) official confirms to me that they can't call up players signed to USL deals. Would have to sign him to MLS contract if they call him up

barticusz
03-24-2015, 04:04 PM
RSL plays a 4-3-3 under Cassar and they are missing their Saborio, Gil and Rimando. Not to mention they are also without Plata who played very very well with them last year. They do have a new LW in Olmes Garcia who has played decently for them so far.

I'm really looking forward to seeing how Cheyrou leads the middle of the park this game. Between his passes and Giovinco's movement we may yet get a point out of this match. RSL haven't looked great thus far and neither have we so everything is up for grabs. The trickey part is we've only ever lost in RSL.

Yohan
03-24-2015, 04:08 PM
I think we're going to get blown out. Morales and Beckerman will probably rip apart TFC midfield that hasn't shown much cohesion yet. If Vanney plays 2 strikers up front with Giovinco just behind them, it'll be 3 midfielders trying to stem RSL attack and also playing a double pivot in CM hasn't worked well yet. Too exposed in mid. Plus a back four that hasn't played together much with injuries and suspension... if no Perquis, a back line of what, Bloom, Hagglund, Zavaleta and Creavalle? Ripe for disaster

TorontoGooner
03-24-2015, 04:15 PM
I think we're going to get blown out. Morales and Beckerman will probably rip apart TFC midfield that hasn't shown much cohesion yet. If Vanney plays 2 strikers up front with Giovinco just behind them, it'll be 3 midfielders trying to stem RSL attack and also playing a double pivot in CM hasn't worked well yet. Too exposed in mid. Plus a back four that hasn't played together much with injuries and suspension... if no Perquis, a back line of what, Bloom, Hagglund, Zavaleta and Creavalle? Ripe for disaster

I see what you're saying, but I don't think a point is completely out of the equation. They are short of their key players, whilst we still have Gio and some pretty sturdy players there. Whilst we are too, Bradley changes the system when he plays. I actually think we are more of an 'MLS' team without him. The back is worrying, but Haggers and Perquis should do a good job. Bloom is half decent, but the other side worries me. Morgan just isn't good enough.

Could go one of two ways. We play solid and come away with a point, or they wipe the floor with us and we lose 3-0

Yohan
03-24-2015, 04:20 PM
lots of injuries

http://www.torontofc.ca/news/2015/03/training-notes-filling-void

-------------Bendik
Creavalle-Hagglund-Perquis-Morgan
-------------Warner
-------Osorio-----Cheyrou
-------------Giovinco
--------Findley---Moore

And if Perquis is not 100%, then what...
Focal point of TFC attack will be Giovinco, and if Beckerman contains him... then TFC is reduced to set pieces?

OgtheDim
03-24-2015, 04:30 PM
l
Focal point of TFC attack will be Giovinco, and if Beckerman contains him...

That's why Gio gets paid the big bucks.

sully
03-24-2015, 04:37 PM

Worth repeating

Ivy
03-24-2015, 05:27 PM
Giovinco danced around Laba multiple times. No reason he can't do the same with Beckerman.
3-2 TFC. Mark it.

barticusz
03-24-2015, 05:45 PM
Giovinco danced around Laba multiple times. No reason he can't do the same with Beckerman.
3-2 TFC. Mark it.
Love your optimism.

I won't go that far but RSL almost lost to Philly at home whom in my opinion has not been very good so far this year. Philly's key guys aren't doing anything for them as of yet.

Yes we're short handed, but so are they... The big problem is our severely depleted backline, but that is why I'm very very happy that Saborio is out too.

shwade
03-24-2015, 06:44 PM
Hope Vanney switches up the formation for this one. Oso/Warner and Cheyrou in the middle, only Giovinco and Moore/Findley up top. Jackson out wide if he's finally fit.

Auzzy
03-24-2015, 06:56 PM
I'm looking forward to see how the team can react to these absences. The right game for Giovinco to be decisive.

By the way as an European these games during international weeks keep disturbing me. All these games without many key players, it just looks like amateur divisions. Never mind, the game will be broadcast on italian television and that's great, c'mon you reds !

Yes I agree, it's awful. I think with the scheduling in some years, it can be hard to completely avoid all international dates. However, in this case, TFC/RSL both didn't have a game last weekend, they should have played then. Apparently we are playing this weekend so Fox Soccer can have a game to broadcast in the US. Really embarrassing. Hopefully a few players step up, but our defence is really in shambles with all these injuries and absences.

This isn't the first year I've heard it: all this training on plastic turf, under the bubble at the Downsview training ground, is very hard on the players. Especially when they have long trips in between, to play on very soft grass, early in the spring at other stadiums.

jloome
03-25-2015, 12:36 PM
Yes I agree, it's awful. I think with the scheduling in some years, it can be hard to completely avoid all international dates. However, in this case, TFC/RSL both didn't have a game last weekend, they should have played then. Apparently we are playing this weekend so Fox Soccer can have a game to broadcast in the US. Really embarrassing. Hopefully a few players step up, but our defence is really in shambles with all these injuries and absences.

This isn't the first year I've heard it: all this training on plastic turf, under the bubble at the Downsview training ground, is very hard on the players. Especially when they have long trips in between, to play on very soft grass, early in the spring at other stadiums.

According to a Sportsnet story, p. much our entire defense is out injured:

Molinaro reported Tuesday that defenders Stephen Caldwell (Achilles), Damien Perquis (calf), Mark Bloom (quad) and Eriq Zavaleta (ankle) are questionable for Sunday's tilt at Rio Tinto.

That leaves Hagglund and Jackson, Charpie... who am I missing? Morrow is suspended, Morgan's on a TFC II contract (or just assigned there?).

What a shit show. Way to go MLS!

OgtheDim
03-25-2015, 12:36 PM
Perquis is probable

Areathrasher
03-25-2015, 12:39 PM
Crevalle - Hagglund - Perquis - Morgan

Woof

God speed boys :thumbsup:

jloome
03-25-2015, 12:42 PM
Crevalle - Hagglund - Perquis - Morgan

Woof

God speed boys :thumbsup:

That's some fugly wing defense. Still, they both have done capably well in the past, and Ashtone looked like a star, until playing under multiple coaches, systems and perspectives fucked up his progress. Maybe they can redeem themselves a little on Sunday. Hagglund and Perquis is okay.

TheGoodson
03-25-2015, 01:23 PM
With having a potentially weak back line, why not attack? Be like the Nigerian national team in the 1990's and 2000s and just try and outscore the other team instead of trying to bunker down and hope for a draw

Auzzy
03-25-2015, 01:37 PM
According to a Sportsnet story, p. much our entire defense is out injured:

Molinaro reported Tuesday that defenders Stephen Caldwell (Achilles), Damien Perquis (calf), Mark Bloom (quad) and Eriq Zavaleta (ankle) are questionable for Sunday's tilt at Rio Tinto.

That leaves Hagglund and Jackson, Charpie... who am I missing? Morrow is suspended, Morgan's on a TFC II contract (or just assigned there?).

What a shit show. Way to go MLS!

The way I understood it, since Morgan is only loaned to TFC II (not on a TFC II contract) he can be recalled whenever they want.

Ivy
03-25-2015, 01:42 PM
I would play Jackson instead of Morgan.

Cashcleaner
03-25-2015, 01:51 PM
Northern Utah has been experiencing some pretty fair weather over the last few days, and it's expected to only get warmer as we head into Sunday. Tomorrow they are expecting a high of 18, 23 on Friday, 24 on Saturday, and 22 on Sunday with a few clouds. Add it all up and Salt Lake will be practicing in pretty favourable weather while TFC is probably gonna have to make do with training under the dome with the rain we're getting today and tomorrow. RSL is coming into the match after a bye week with two draw under their belt - the first one away against Portland (0-0) played on Mar 7th , the second one at home against Philadelphia (3-3) played on the 14th.

Kinda tough to see how both teams are gonna fare on Sunday with so many key players from both clubs missing from the roster. TFC's currently plagued by injuries, call-ups, and a suspension; while RSL will be missing their starting Keeper (Rimando), as well as Gil, Saborio, and Vasquez - all to international duties. Could be a pretty weird game to watch with really good environmental conditions, but two depleted Starting XIs.

portu
03-25-2015, 04:17 PM
You kno what fuck all this bullshit, we're due for some good fucking luck!

5 nil TFC

notthesun
03-25-2015, 05:22 PM
I'd happily take a draw for this one.

Yohan
03-25-2015, 06:32 PM
well, at least Jozy is in form... for USMNT. goal and assist today

Alonso
03-25-2015, 07:47 PM
well, at least Jozy is in form... for USMNT. goal and assist today

It was a decent game to watch, here's the goal by Jozy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5wRCV0jxlc

Full match highlights here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWNBUbiZotk

Auzzy
03-25-2015, 08:53 PM
Maybe Sunderland should play in the Danish league. Maybe they would score more goals there. But they would still lose.

OgtheDim
03-26-2015, 05:52 AM
Nah, Sunderland would fail there too.

Altidore and Beadtner score when provided with decent service.

Ossington Mental Youth
03-26-2015, 05:48 PM
Bendtner will never score, hes at Wolfsburg at the moment and hes getting great service from De Bruyne et al

ManUtd4ever
03-26-2015, 09:08 PM

He fell right off the map under Nelsen's tutelage. I think he has the capability to be a solid backup LB at this level.

GuelphStorm2007
03-26-2015, 11:29 PM
He fell right off the map under Nelsen's tutelage. I think he has the capability to be a solid backup LB at this level.

I think Morgan needs a boost of confidence, Maybe playing a few games at TFC 2 may help...

OgtheDim
03-27-2015, 05:53 AM
I think Morgan needs a boost of confidence, Maybe playing a few games at TFC 2 may help...

Not if he plays like he did last weekend.

ensco
03-27-2015, 06:34 AM
Morgan will have a good game if he comes in. Money back guarantee.

Derko
03-27-2015, 08:37 AM
Not if he plays like he did last weekend.

Og I think you have a valid point about last weekend. Try and look beyond, as you and I both know Morgan had and still has all kinds of potential but coaching staff have to be able to develop that and didn't over the last few years. If the system is broken, don't blame the parts.

Morgan will be starting.

Derko
03-27-2015, 08:42 AM
With having a potentially weak back line, why not attack? Be like the Nigerian national team in the 1990's and 2000s and just try and outscore the other team instead of trying to bunker down and hope for a draw

The Ian Holloway System at Blackpool, YES
:drinking:
:scarf:

Areathrasher
03-27-2015, 09:00 AM
Might not be a big crowd there sunday

https://www.change.org/p/real-salt-lake-no-sunday-matches-at-the-riot?recruiter=263008896&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=facebook&utm_campaign=share_page&utm_term=mob-xs-share_petition-no_msg

Graeme
03-27-2015, 09:02 AM
------------------Bendik--------------------
--Bloom--Hagglund--Perquis--Creaville--
-------Warner-----------Cheyrou----------
--Jackson------Giovinco---------Osorio---
--------------------Moore-------------------

Bench: Konopka, Morgan, Findley, Lovitz, Hamilton, Chapman

3-0 TFC. Osorio, Hagglund & Giovinco with a goal each.

ryan
03-27-2015, 09:06 AM
sundays are for football, so unamerican of them.

notthesun
03-27-2015, 09:08 AM
Morgan, Chapman, and Hamilton recalled from TFCII for this match.

Glad they're bringing Hamilton. Maybe he can sneak some minutes off the bench.

C.Ronaldo
03-27-2015, 09:11 AM

https://www.change.org/p/real-salt-lake-no-sunday-matches-at-the-riot?recruiter=263008896&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=facebook&utm_campaign=share_page&utm_term=mob-xs-share_petition-no_msg

This is for real?

Areathrasher
03-27-2015, 09:12 AM
This is for real?

Apparently so.

Mormon country remember.

flatpicker
03-27-2015, 09:59 AM
I thought Sunday was a day of rest. Isn't watching sports a part of taking time away from work? Or are they against the idea of the team working on a Sunday? Besides, unless a game is scheduled for the morning, I doubt it would interfere with religious observance.

OgtheDim
03-27-2015, 10:01 AM
Only around a 100 people signed that so far.

They take this stuff seriously it seems. http://www.deseretnews.com/article/700027252/Utah-Jazz-Carlos-Boozer-begs-fans-to-show-even-though-its-Sunday.html?pg=all

Carts
03-27-2015, 10:45 AM
I thought Sunday was a day of rest. Isn't watching sports a part of taking time away from work? Or are they against the idea of the team working on a Sunday? Besides, unless a game is scheduled for the morning, I doubt it would interfere with religious observance.

Ya but for us to watch, a few hundred people have to "work" (concessions/security/etc)...

For them, match day is just 'work day'...

OgtheDim
03-27-2015, 10:59 AM
John Molinaro ‏@JohnMolinaro (https://twitter.com/JohnMolinaro) 2m2 minutes ago (https://twitter.com/JohnMolinaro/status/581485002552164352) Doesn't look like Caldwell and Bloom training with #TFC (https://twitter.com/hashtag/TFC?src=hash) this morning.

OgtheDim
03-27-2015, 11:00 AM
Kurtis Larson ‏@KurtLarSUN (https://twitter.com/KurtLarSUN) 4s4 seconds ago (https://twitter.com/KurtLarSUN/status/581485580653096960) Chapman, Hamilton, Morgan up with first team today. Simonin, too.

As TFCII has left for Montreal already, that either means Simonin is going to Utah or he's being held in case.

ag futbol
03-27-2015, 11:01 AM
John Molinaro ‏@JohnMolinaro (https://twitter.com/JohnMolinaro) 2m2 minutes ago (https://twitter.com/JohnMolinaro/status/581485002552164352) Doesn't look like Caldwell and Bloom training with #TFC (https://twitter.com/hashtag/TFC?src=hash) this morning.
Question is why? No prior reports of injuries...

Areathrasher
03-27-2015, 11:11 AM
Kurtis Larson ‏@KurtLarSUN (https://twitter.com/KurtLarSUN) 52s53 seconds ago (https://twitter.com/KurtLarSUN/status/581488221713907713)
Simonin to travel, likely sign an MLS deal.

John Molinaro ‏@JohnMolinaro (https://twitter.com/JohnMolinaro) 21s21 seconds ago (https://twitter.com/JohnMolinaro/status/581488746371031041)
Perquis available. Caldwell, Bloom and Zavaleta out for Sunday. #TFC (https://twitter.com/hashtag/TFC?src=hash)

OgtheDim
03-27-2015, 11:11 AM
Both reported questionable earlier this week.

jloome
03-27-2015, 11:13 AM

In some Orthodox faiths (and LDS is pretty ortho) it's considered akin to forcing the players to work on the Sabbath, and to not rest, which is as much a sin.

If they don't want to watch/play football on Sunday, they don't have to. Petitioning to prevent others from doing it is a good example of why we need separation of Church and state.

notthesun
03-27-2015, 11:14 AM
Back line of Morgan, Hagglund, Perquis, Creavalle.

I think we might be fucked.

Alonso
03-27-2015, 11:14 AM
Question is why? No prior reports of injuries...

Caldwell tweaked something last game... forget what it was. I'm not sure about Bloom though.

jloome
03-27-2015, 11:16 AM
Back line of Morgan, Hagglund, Perquis, Creavalle.

I think we might be fucked.

Simonin's travelling. Maybe they'll start him centrally with Perquis (they can understand each other) and put Hagglund on the right.

OgtheDim
03-27-2015, 11:23 AM
Both Simonin and Perquis are left footed. That would be some interesting back 4, but I suspect Hagglund starts at CD and Simonin is the insurance sub CD.

How is RSL's wing play been this season? Its the one team I haven't seen a game for.

tictoc
03-27-2015, 11:28 AM
Hallelujah!

In some Orthodox faiths (and LDS is pretty ortho) it's considered akin to forcing the players to work on the Sabbath, and to not rest, which is as much a sin.

If they don't want to watch/play football on Sunday, they don't have to. Petitioning to prevent others from doing it is a good example of why we need separation of Church and state.

barticusz
03-27-2015, 11:48 AM
Really hope that Hamilton can get some time in.

OgtheDim
03-27-2015, 12:00 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CBHieRvUUAAZ8Vx.jpg

Seba speaks.

OgtheDim
03-27-2015, 12:45 PM
http://www.sportsnet.ca/soccer/toronto-fcs-defence-gets-bit-injury-bug/

Molinaro's take.

Do not expect a change in approach. So 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1.

And then there is Lalas' take

Alexi Lalas ‏@AlexiLalas (https://twitter.com/AlexiLalas) 7s7 seconds ago (https://twitter.com/AlexiLalas/status/581512376190529536) Great @MLS (https://twitter.com/MLS) teams have great DPs, but can adapt w/o them. RT @MLS_Canada (https://twitter.com/MLS_Canada) Thoughts on #TFC (https://twitter.com/hashtag/TFC?src=hash) down 7 regulars. In Canada we don't get FOX Sports

Graeme
03-27-2015, 12:48 PM
------------------Bendik--------------------
--Creavalle--Hagglund--Perquis--Morgan--
-------Warner-----------Cheyrou----------
--Jackson------Giovinco---------Osorio---
--------------------Moore-------------------

Bench: Konopka, Simonin, Findley, Lovitz, Hamilton, Chapman

3-0 TFC. Osorio, Hagglund & Giovinco with a goal each.

Updated! My Hamilton/Chapman guess was pretty good, though...hope Lovitz and Hamilton get some time.

Ajax TFC
03-27-2015, 03:52 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CBHieRvUUAAZ8Vx.jpg

Seba speaks.
It really annoys me how the Toronto reporters address their questions to the translator rather than the player. Often the player does understand a fair amount of what they're saying, so it's rather disrespectful to no address them. I remember an interview with Frings where he was answering the questions without translation, yet they still kept addressing their questions to the translator. Makes me sick [/rant]

Defoe
03-27-2015, 04:18 PM

that might the stupidest thing i've read in a while. :facepalm:

This won't have much of an impact on the attendance. If we all took off Sunday from work we would leave the borders WIDE open with no police or doctors available. Religious wackos will sign that crap.

hulkrogan
03-27-2015, 06:52 PM
It really annoys me how the Toronto reporters address their questions to the translator rather than the player. Often the player does understand a fair amount of what they're saying, so it's rather disrespectful to no address them. I remember an interview with Frings where he was answering the questions without translation, yet they still kept addressing their questions to the translator. Makes me sick [/rant]

Totally agree. The reporter and the player should be looking at each other as you would in conversation with anyone with the translator chipping in from the background. This makes it seem like the foreign players are little kids that walked into a room of 'adult conversation'.

notthesun
03-27-2015, 09:45 PM
Morrow's making the best of his time off. Sat in the same row as him at the Raptors game tonight.

WestStandGeoff
03-27-2015, 10:57 PM
Morrow's making the best of his time off. Sat in the same row as him at the Raptors game tonight.

Does that mean you had good seats, or is Morrow "being sent a message" with upper bowl tickets? :D

MightyDM
03-27-2015, 11:18 PM
that might the stupidest thing i've read in a while. :facepalm:

This won't have much of an impact on the attendance. If we all took off Sunday from work we would leave the borders WIDE open with no police or doctors available. Religious wackos will sign that crap.

Its really interesting, actually. It was only in the 90's in Ontario that you could even shop on Sundays. While most of us in our 40's and 50's don't share that view, it doesn't seem that weird that people would say no shopping no sports no work on Sunday's, because that is how it was. And it was kind of nice, actually.

notthesun
03-28-2015, 05:51 AM
Does that mean you had good seats, or is Morrow "being sent a message" with upper bowl tickets? :D

Haha, they were some decent seats, about halfway up the lower bowl. Won em' in a raffle at work.

Tried to spot some other players but I think it was just him and his wife/girlfriend. Lakers games not as much of a big draw these days. Robert Herjavec was sitting courtside though.

flamehawk
03-28-2015, 08:06 AM

Yep, as a social worker, we are trained to direct our comments to the individual instead of the interpreter. I would've thought that journalists would've known the same (it is common sense)

JuliquE
03-28-2015, 11:35 AM
I instinctively jumped to agree with you, because it is cringe-worthy to watch.. but, this is a tricky one; it can be VERY awkward/difficult for all involved, trying to maintain eye-contact, when you KNOW not much of anything said is being understood. Still think it's important they try to address Gio, directly, however, as, if he's any pride, that discomfort will help push him to improve his English, and prevent him becoming complacent on that front. Given Giovinco's still fairly fresh off the boat, I would give them a pass, as far as regarding it as disrespectful; if it becomes clear that he's understanding a lot more, on the level of Frings, for instance, I would agree with it being disrespectful. In every case, I think it's the wrong approach, not to address the person you're speaking of, standing right there.. but, context is important.

http://www.footballuser.com/formations/2015/03/1229225_Toronto_FC.jpg or http://www.footballuser.com/formations/2015/03/1229228_Toronto_FC.jpg

Thought I heard, somewhere, that both Simonin and Perquis have played a number of left-sided positions; would prefer to have Perquis more central, with his experience put to better use marshalling the back. Further, you would think the physical demand of an outside back might be asking a bit much for someone already playing injured/questionable and out of position.

Jackson is a risk, but so is anyone else available to us. Here's hoping he has something to prove, in a bid to see regular starting minutes (goes for a few of my selections, here).

burlington Red
03-28-2015, 06:41 PM
Totally agree. The reporter and the player should be looking at each other as you would in conversation with anyone with the translator chipping in from the background. This makes it seem like the foreign players are little kids that walked into a room of 'adult conversation'.

maybe he should speak english, he's getting paid enough

Richard
03-28-2015, 07:24 PM
I just realised this game is on a Sunday, wtf lol.

GuelphStorm2007
03-28-2015, 08:01 PM
Based on our history over in Salt Lake, I believe we have only won once and we have lost big time there on a few occasions I am hoping for at least a draw there. This will be a great game to see about our depth.

pdogg
03-28-2015, 08:44 PM
I just realised this game is on a Sunday, wtf lol.

Lol. I was flipping out at 6:30 that no one was posting the starting XI here, on twitter, or on the TFC website. Sunday soccer feels weird.

OgtheDim
03-28-2015, 08:52 PM
So tomorrow night we get to choose between

Jerry Dobson

&

Alexi Lalas

I`m going to find the American feed.

Qman
03-28-2015, 11:05 PM
i'm going with my old plata jersey for tmrws game.
have to walk my knees like dorf on golf to make it look official.

DOMIN8R
03-29-2015, 03:32 AM
We'll be lucky to escape with 2-1 loss, IMO. I think that we'll suffer a drubbing. I hope that I am wrong.

MightyDM
03-29-2015, 07:35 AM
I would start Jackson at left mid to protect Morgan. You might get a good combination from the two of them, with Morgan's attacking skill offsetting jack sons weakness and vice versa defensively.

JayMolly
03-29-2015, 08:56 AM

Interesting info.
Regarding our Home Opener . . . the match is on a Sunday and on Mother's Day!

Derko
03-29-2015, 10:21 AM
maybe he should speak english, he's getting paid enough

What the fuck does salary have to do with speaking English, just asking?

JavierMartini
03-29-2015, 10:28 AM
I would start Jackson at left mid to protect Morgan. You might get a good combination from the two of them, with Morgan's attacking skill offsetting jack sons weakness and vice versa defensively.

I would actually really like to see this.

Fort York Redcoat
03-29-2015, 10:29 AM
See you at Joe's!

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTFPPRTDf3MSzL2upiuKtAqTmwkOE96s kcVENdP2vSKETORxbVv

shwade
03-29-2015, 11:12 AM
What the fuck does salary have to do with speaking English, just asking?

The money is the motive.

OgtheDim
03-29-2015, 01:01 PM
Patience people.

Giovinco's family is here, which means his one kid and girlfriend/wife (not sure which it is). That's enough reason to learn English.

And he's living downtown right now. The guy wants to get to know the city, by all accounts.

He'll get there.

But he's not good at English yet and doesn't feel comfortable. Give him time.

According to the weather network, its going to be 19 with no wind and no humidity at game time. Perfect evening for a game.

portu
03-29-2015, 03:01 PM
So tomorrow night we get to choose between

Jerry Dobson

&

Alexi Lalas

I`m going to find the American feed.
This^, I have the option of TFC on a 70" screen or a 15" screen. I'll be watching on the 15" screen solely because of how bad Sportsnet commentating is

ManUtd4ever
03-29-2015, 03:08 PM
Sportsnet broadcasts are brutal. TSN is palatable.

Cashcleaner
03-29-2015, 03:50 PM
According to the weather network, its going to be 19 with no wind and no humidity at game time. Perfect evening for a game.

It's been fair weather all week in Sandy. Great weather for soccer, really. Hope we can pick up some points tonight, we gotta grab them whenever we can on this road stretch. Hope Gio has a good night, though I wonder how the altitude is gonna affect him.

Yohan
03-29-2015, 04:15 PM
Last time TFC picked up points in Utah was in 07. I don't see TFC breaking this streak

OgtheDim
03-29-2015, 04:26 PM
Kurtis Larson ‏@KurtLarSUN (https://twitter.com/KurtLarSUN) 13m13 minutes ago (https://twitter.com/KurtLarSUN/status/582288851546337280) NEWS: Cheyrou to captain tonight's squad in Bradley's absence.

notthesun
03-29-2015, 05:06 PM
Perquis starting on the bench, obviously nursing an injury.

holy fuck our back line

JavierMartini
03-29-2015, 05:08 PM
Simonin is starting. I'm hoping he can pull a haggalund!

portu
03-29-2015, 05:09 PM
Im so done looking at this backline, has to be the worst in the league by miles

Yohan
03-29-2015, 05:10 PM
we're going to be lucky if we lose by just 2 goals

OgtheDim
03-29-2015, 05:25 PM
When Morgan is the wily veteran and Hagglund is the line leader......

I think we are just trying to get through this and hope for something while putting effort into Chicago, Orlando and Philly when we probably have everybody (except maybe Caldwell) back.

JavierMartini
03-29-2015, 05:26 PM
I'd say its an upgrade in terms of offence.

Simonin and morgan can both whip beautiful balls in.

Hopefully with no rimando and findley being hungry returning we can bag more than RSL.

I suspect a high scoring game, some rookie mistakes and eventual redemption with a hungry Findley getting a few and 1 from moore too.

AdamAM
03-29-2015, 05:29 PM
I'm hoping Giovinco's trickery gets Olave frustrated and nets him a red sometime during the game :D

QBall
03-29-2015, 05:30 PM
RSL is going to bring nuthin' because they've got nuthin'. 2-0 TFC.

Alonso
03-29-2015, 05:31 PM
Looks like this game depends on how a young backline performs.

If they pull it off, heaps of praise will follow.

If not, Armageddon will be unleashed on these boards.

QBall
03-29-2015, 05:35 PM

You're going to make us watch that god awful Michael Bay movie if we lose? Are you not familiar with the Geneva convention?

mowe
03-29-2015, 05:38 PM
OMG that back line!

If we hold them to less than 3 goals it will be a miracle.

OgtheDim
03-29-2015, 05:39 PM
Looks like this game depends on how a young backline performs.

If they pull it off, heaps of praise will follow.

Anybody who yells and rants and raves at a back four where only 1 dude could be considered a starter, and who have 34 games experience in the last 2 seasons is looking for a reason to yell.

Narratives will be followed. Those who want to will:

a) complain about Vanney

b) complain about Creavalle

c) complain about Bendik

d) complain about Findley

e) complain about Osorio

f) complain about Morgan

g) complain about Warner

h) complain about Moore

i) complain about any of the subs

Did I miss anybody? :)

Heart of Stone
03-29-2015, 05:40 PM
Plata scored 13 goals last year for RSL... is he in the line-up for them or hurt?

denime
03-29-2015, 05:44 PM
This^, I have the option of TFC on a 70" screen or a 15" screen. I'll be watching on the 15" screen solely because of how bad Sportsnet commentating is

Or you watch on muted 70" with sound from 15". Works for me every time.

Alonso
03-29-2015, 05:44 PM
You're going to make us watch that god awful Michael Bay movie if we lose? Are you not familiar with the Geneva convention?

g:D

Anybody who yells and rants and raves at a back four where only 1 dude could be considered a starter, and who have 34 games experience in the last 2 seasons is looking for a reason to yell.

a) complain about Vanney

c) complain about Bendik

e) complain about Osorio

f) complain about Morgan

g) complain about Warner

h) complain about Moore

That about sums it up, buckle in for the ride people!

:drinking:

Alonso
03-29-2015, 05:46 PM
Plata scored 13 goals last year for RSL... is he in the line-up for them or hurt?

Out until the middle of the season: http://www.mlssoccer.com/injuries

Captain Cook
03-29-2015, 05:56 PM
what stream will you guys be using? cricfree?

AdamAM
03-29-2015, 05:59 PM
what stream will you guys be using? cricfree?

Was about to ask. Anybody have an HD one?

flatpicker
03-29-2015, 06:01 PM
http://www.gofeed2all.eu/watch/333921/1/watch-real-salt-lake-vs-toronto-fc-.html

ronzilla
03-29-2015, 06:01 PM
http://livetv.sx/en/eventinfo/294132_real_salt_lake_toronto/#webplayer_ifr|286101|294132|286101|64|1|en

portu
03-29-2015, 06:02 PM
Or you watch on muted 70" with sound from 15". Works for me every time.
Not with the lag between the two feeds its always 3-5 seconds off

Captain Cook
03-29-2015, 06:03 PM
http://ifirstrowus.eu/watch/333921/1/watch-real-salt-lake-vs-toronto-fc-.html

AdamAM
03-29-2015, 06:05 PM
http://livetv.sx/en/eventinfo/294132_real_salt_lake_toronto/#webplayer_ifr|286101|294132|286101|64|1|en

2nd link on this one is great! Thanks a lot :hump:

OgtheDim
03-29-2015, 06:06 PM
Beckerman vs. Giovinco should be good to watch.

jloome
03-29-2015, 06:06 PM
Not with the lag between the two feeds its always 3-5 seconds off

MLS live is a few minutes behind, about five or ten I'm guessing. But my VPN provider added Mexico this year, so no national blackouts. Woo hoo!

Hamilton_Red
03-29-2015, 06:07 PM

a) complain about Vanney

c) complain about Bendik

e) complain about Osorio

f) complain about Morgan

g) complain about Warner

h) complain about Moore

How about the idiot MLS that doesn't coordinate with international games. Klinnsman's odd non-selection of Beckerman influences the outcome of this game. Its crap.

Alonso
03-29-2015, 06:10 PM
MLS live is a few minutes behind, about five or ten I'm guessing. But my VPN provider added Mexico this year, so no national blackouts. Woo hoo!

MLS Live + VPN = Very happy MLS supporter

Alonso
03-29-2015, 06:13 PM
Nobody listening to the Canadian anthem, everyone talking right through it like a bunch of douche bags.

Mark TFC
03-29-2015, 06:13 PM
http://www.gofeed2all.eu/watch/333921/1/watch-real-salt-lake-vs-toronto-fc-.html

This stream is terrible. Picking up so much crowd noise - some idiot even goes, "Blame Canada, haha!" while our national anthem is playing.

OgtheDim
03-29-2015, 06:14 PM
Ugh...US feed during the anthems sounds like all the people around me who don't shut the Fuck up during ours.

Mark TFC
03-29-2015, 06:14 PM
Nobody listening to the Canadian anthem, everyone talking right through it like a bunch of douche bags.

I was thinking the same thing. No fucking respect.

flatpicker
03-29-2015, 06:15 PM
Trying to decide between the Fox stream or the EuroSport stream.

(American accent vs. fancy foreign accent.)

AdamAM
03-29-2015, 06:15 PM
The graphic showed a 4-4-2 with Warner and Giovinco being the wide midfielders.... please tell me that's not right

Hamilton_Red
03-29-2015, 06:16 PM
If this line-up is completely un-competitive ...then it will be a sign that we are going to struggle to make the play-offs again.

flatpicker
03-29-2015, 06:17 PM
This stream is terrible. Picking up so much crowd noise - some idiot even goes, "Blame Canada, haha!" while our national anthem is playing.

The anthems were bad, but it's fine now that the game is on.

Heart of Stone
03-29-2015, 06:17 PM
TFC has never won at Rio Tinto.

Rice-Eccles was the scene of our only win in Utah.

Alonso
03-29-2015, 06:18 PM
Good hustle there from Moore

Yohan
03-29-2015, 06:18 PM
Trying to decide between the Fox stream or the EuroSport stream.

(American accent vs. fancy foreign accent.)what eurosport stream? it's generally better than listening to Lalas

Inklink
03-29-2015, 06:20 PM
Waiting for Dobson to call a short black guy "Wynne".

Jpexxx
03-29-2015, 06:22 PM
Nice touch from Simonin

Alonso
03-29-2015, 06:23 PM
So far our midfield is winning

Captain Cook
03-29-2015, 06:23 PM
Can the commentators please stop calling Giovinco the Atomic Ant?

Alonso
03-29-2015, 06:25 PM
Creavalle's touch reminds me of a bull in a China shop.

mowe
03-29-2015, 06:25 PM
Simonin is gonna try the long ball all game.

Ajax TFC
03-29-2015, 06:26 PM
Simonin's on the ball play is great. Morgan points for him to pass it back to the keeper, and instead he makes a nice pass into midfield

AdamAM
03-29-2015, 06:27 PM
Never thought I'd ever say this while watching a TFC game but..... keep playing the long ball!!!!

Alonso
03-29-2015, 06:27 PM
Our midfield ..... still winning!

Ajax TFC
03-29-2015, 06:28 PM
Creavalle's touch reminds me of a bull in a China shop.
It's more his attempt at defending that reminds me of that. He just charges at anyone in red that has the ball, with no regard for his man making an unmarked run halfway down the field

JavierMartini
03-29-2015, 06:29 PM
crevalle looks the worst on the backline hahaha

Alonso
03-29-2015, 06:30 PM
Love that turn from Giovinco... a class apart

AdamAM
Yes RSL keep passing it to Olave..... I wanna see Gio pounce on one of those horrible touches of his

ag futbol
crevalle looks the worst on the backline hahaha
I was going to say the field, but that too!

[NBF]
03-29-2015, 06:32 PM
Some people said we will never see Giovinco on the left wing, b/c thats not his natural position....pffff!

Ultra & Proud
03-29-2015, 06:32 PM
Creavalle is a nightmare. Ugh.

He is going to cost us soon.

Ultra & Proud
03-29-2015, 06:33 PM
On the plus/surprising side; Morgan looks okay so far.

Alonso
03-29-2015, 06:34 PM
17 minutes in and I'm liking our chances for some points here.

Inklink
03-29-2015, 06:36 PM
Moore WTF

QBall
RSL starting to settle. Long ball might not be best opton.

Ajax TFC
;1730020']Some people said we will never see Giovinco on the left wing, b/c thats not his natural position....pffff!
That's cool. He's not playing left wing...

ag futbol
03-29-2015, 06:37 PM
Jackass can't notice that Moore gets dragged to the ground before the obvious foul.

JavierMartini
03-29-2015, 06:38 PM
morgan just beasted that challenge. I'm liking this game so far.

shwade
03-29-2015, 06:38 PM
So Ashtone Morgan is still bodychecking players.

Inklink
03-29-2015, 06:39 PM
They're starting to flop.

[NBF]
03-29-2015, 06:40 PM
That's cool. He's not playing left wing...

Yeah, he's playing invisible right now. If they wanted a goalscorer they should of went after someone who scores goals.

Alonso
03-29-2015, 06:41 PM
Yeah this flopping is bullshit

Alonso
03-29-2015, 06:42 PM
;1730031']Yeah, he's playing invisible right now. If they wanted a goalscorer they should of went after someone who scores goals.

:troll:

Troll much?

ag futbol
03-29-2015, 06:43 PM
Someone tell creavalle that fullbacks have to anticipate when to run. What a donkey

[NBF]
03-29-2015, 06:43 PM
4-3-3 is not working, should be 4-5-1,

molenshtain
03-29-2015, 06:44 PM
;1730035']4-3-3 is not working, should be 4-5-1,

the only real difference between those two formations is how high the wide forwards press.

[NBF]
03-29-2015, 06:45 PM
4-2-3-1, they need more build up towards giovinco and findley.

Ajax TFC
03-29-2015, 06:45 PM
;1730031']Yeah, he's playing invisible right now. If they wanted a goalscorer they should of went after someone who scores goals.
1) He's playing centrally and drifting around
2) He's been the most noticeable attacking player for TFC

MightyDM
03-29-2015, 06:46 PM
;1730035']4-3-3 is not working, should be 4-5-1,

It is surprising that they have such an attacking formation.

OgtheDim
03-29-2015, 06:46 PM
Hmmm....must add to my list of people with a narrative who will be in here tonight.

j) complain about Giovinco.

Alonso
03-29-2015, 06:48 PM
Hmmm....must add to my list of people with a narrative who will be in here tonight.

j) complain about Giovinco.

Did you get Creavalle in there? I Don't recall..... g:D

ag futbol
03-29-2015, 06:49 PM
Outside of cheyrou the midfield is below par. Findley isn't offering much either. Let's worry about that before we worry about how giovinco is doing surrounded by 3-4 guys.

Yohan
03-29-2015, 06:49 PM
well, at least midfield is keeping better shape in defence without Bradley running around like chicken with his head cut off

AdamAM
03-29-2015, 06:50 PM
Olmes Garcia is shooting anything that touches his foot no matter where he is on the field or which way he's facing lmao

MightyDM
03-29-2015, 06:51 PM
That should have been in. Great cross by Morgan

Yohan
oybe moore.... that was our chance

ag futbol
well, at least midfield is keeping better shape in defence without Bradley running around like chicken with his head cut off
They have nobody in the hole, it's deceptive. If we were playing Columbus higuain would be having a field day.

notthesun
03-29-2015, 06:52 PM
Oh how I wish that was Altidore.

Haven't seen a cross like that from Morgan in 2 years.

JavierMartini
We've been missing that kind of whip service with morgan out of the lineup

[NBF]
1. My point exactly, he's drifting too much.
2. He's skilled he'll stand out, but the team needs to be scoring goals, not running hard and passing.

Maybe the better option would have been to play Giovinco in the central midfield role with Cheyrou and Osorio on the right wing

Hieberrr
Is there a better stream? Looks like I'm wtachibg the match recorded on a potato cam.

OgtheDim
03-29-2015, 06:53 PM
They have nobody in the hole, it's deceptive. If we were playing Columbus higuain would be having a field day.

If we were playing Columbus, we wouldn't be playing this way.

[NBF]
03-29-2015, 06:54 PM
Nice goal by RSL

TFC07
Wow. There goes our chance to win this game.

[NBF]
Ginger scored

Inklink
Atrocious marking.

notthesun
That's the game. Complete breakdown defensively.

portu
03-29-2015, 06:55 PM
And so it begins

ag futbol
If we were playing Columbus, we wouldn't be playing this way.
I'm just saying if the comment is "the shape is better without Bradley", the bar is lower.

MightyDM
Cheyrous man. He looked right at him but only jogged over.

[NBF]
Bendik is horrid

Leedsoronto
03-29-2015, 06:56 PM
Ouch

3 defenders marking two guys on a crossed ball, there is never guna be a good outcome

OgtheDim
03-29-2015, 06:56 PM
So that would be Cheyrou.

QBall
03-29-2015, 06:57 PM
Too bad. Up until that goal the defense was doing a good job. Time to turn up the pressure and press.

JavierMartini
welp that moore miss is going to cost us. We knew coming in that mistakes were going to happen. We need to take all our chances to get back into this.

Inklink
Looks like TFC had 3 players sent off.

Captain Cook
03-29-2015, 06:58 PM
We're fucking useless.

Bendik really should have done better on that cross.. Jesus.

Hieberrr
03-29-2015, 07:00 PM
I know it's only been 3 games, but Giovinco hasn't been showing the class that I expected him to.

ag futbol
03-29-2015, 07:02 PM
Way too much long ball. It's predictable and ineffective.

Ultra & Proud
03-29-2015, 07:02 PM
Can't stand this camera view. Where is the camera perch? On the top of one of those mountains?

And yes Bendik is not the best. We should be looking to upgrade that position along with the fullbacks.

Ultra & Proud
03-29-2015, 07:03 PM
I know it's only been 3 games, but Giovinco hasn't been showing the class that I expected him to.
Guys always take a while to adjust to MLS but he's been alright though.

OgtheDim
03-29-2015, 07:04 PM
FWIW
Matthew Doyle ‏@MLSAnalyst (https://twitter.com/MLSAnalyst) 24s24 seconds ago (https://twitter.com/MLSAnalyst/status/582332119420047360) Sandoval offside to start the RSL goal sequence. (H/T @michaelhanlon (https://twitter.com/michaelhanlon)). I bet @SimonBorg (https://twitter.com/SimonBorg) will review that tomorrow...
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CBTb-eZVAAARni9.jpg
(https://twitter.com/MLSAnalyst/status/582332119420047360/photo/1)

Ajax TFC
03-29-2015, 07:05 PM
;1730050']1. My point exactly, he's drifting too much.
2. He's skilled he'll stand out, but the team needs to be scoring goals, not running hard and passing.

Maybe the better option would have been to play Giovinco in the central midfield role with Cheyrou and Osorio on the right wing
1. Can't just stand in the middle waiting for the pass when you have Beckerman marking you
2. It's hard to score goals without playmakers.

3. then he would still have to roam around to get space. He's not playing on the wing, and he was never supposed to be playing on the wing.

Captain Cook
03-29-2015, 07:06 PM
I wish we could sign someone like Rob Green from QPR, gah.

Fuck these international friendlies, man

Eastend
Aside from the goal good first half from TFC.....and yes I know that was important.

Dom

Jpexxx
Now thats 3 goals in the last 1.5 games where a wide player crosses in for a finish.

Ultra & Proud
03-29-2015, 07:07 PM
Oh great. A Dobson interview at the half. I'm sure it will super informative.

TorontoGooner
03-29-2015, 07:09 PM
LOL. Imagine a positive post on the RPB forum

Milanista
03-29-2015, 07:09 PM
so far we have no ball control, missing passes, bendik is meh, we keep pumping the ball up the field, zero possession and no build up at all.

OgtheDim
03-29-2015, 07:10 PM
Simonin looks decent enough, although he hasn't been charged at.

No real playmaker in that team (what is Osorio doing?) is the reason for the long ball.

I can see us scoring here but losing 2-1.

Hieberrr
I wonder if we'll ever figure out how to beat the press defence. Players above the pressers need to move and get between the lines and players and get open. Movement without the ball is terrible at the moment.

Our midfield needs to do a better job of setting up the attack, including getting the ball and themselves up to the final third of the field.

Captain Cook
LOL. Imagine a positive post on the RPB forum

Its kind of hard to be positive when we're playing the way we are.

What is there to be positive about?

portu
03-29-2015, 07:11 PM
Bendik wants to make the USMNT, LOL

OgtheDim
03-29-2015, 07:17 PM

Quite a bit actually.

Morgan's crossing and play (although he hasn't been pinned or pressed)

Simonin's passing

Cheyrou's tempo

Crevalle has been getting into spaces (people have been overhitting the passes to him - I saw 4 go out that half)

Warner has been steady

Giovinico is getting the ball against the best DM in the league - he's not having to drop deep.

Moore has been finding spaces and getting good passes off

Until that goal, we were doing good enough at a field where we usually get blown out. Its only 1-0.

Lets see if Vanney can adjust like he did at Vancouver.

portu
03-29-2015, 07:17 PM

I guess Simonin hasn't been a total disaster

Detroit_TFC
03-29-2015, 07:19 PM
People are projecting just a little bit, it wasn't that bad.

I'm far more worried about late in the 2nd half when our guys are winded.

ag futbol
03-29-2015, 07:20 PM
Simonin looks decent enough, although he hasn't been charged at.

No real playmaker in that team (what is Osorio doing?) is the reason for the long ball.

I can see us scoring here but losing 2-1.
They need to put him centrally. I'm beginning to question if he's starting quality in the wide spot.

ag futbol
03-29-2015, 07:21 PM
"I think crevalle has been excellent"

Is this guy serious?

Captain Cook
03-29-2015, 07:22 PM
Quite a bit actually.

Simonin's passing

Cheyrou's tempo

Crevalle has been getting into spaces (people have been overhitting the passes to him - I saw 4 go out that half)

Warner has been steady

Giovinico is getting the ball against the best DM in the league - he's not having to drop deep.

Until that goal, we were doing good enough at a field where we usually get blown out. Its only 1-0.

All of that should be expected though, especially your points on Giovinco/Morgan/Moore

shwade
03-29-2015, 07:24 PM
OH MY GOD..Between Creaville and Morgan....

Yohan
03-29-2015, 07:24 PM
Creavalle is a DM and that's it

Alonso
03-29-2015, 07:25 PM
Quite a bit actually.

Simonin's passing

Cheyrou's tempo

Warner has been steady

:iagree:

Thank you.

OgtheDim
03-29-2015, 07:25 PM
All of that should be expected though, especially your points on Giovinco/Morgan/Moore

You said there was nothing positive.

I provided some.

Enjoy. :scarf:

notthesun
03-29-2015, 07:26 PM
Creavalle really solidifying his place as 2nd string RB.

Yohan
03-29-2015, 07:27 PM
Morgan's first touch. Ugh

ag futbol
03-29-2015, 07:28 PM
Fullbacks are really holding back this team right now.