PDA

View Full Version : Mo should explain himself

jloome
07-23-2008, 09:02 PM
...if he's going to use his Goal TV forum to stir shit up. Tonight, he suggested he wouldn't have sufficient salary cap room to get a deal done until the Chicago issue is cleared up.

Yet a DP's salary is pro-rated in MLS based on the point you're at in the season. Given that 50% of that salary can be matched with allocation money, he would only need $100,000 clear under the cap to sign a DP.

This sounds very much like he has eliminated using the DP option.

Roogsy
07-23-2008, 09:06 PM
Nah...I don't believe it. The kind of money they would have been throwing at Gomes, the only way that the DP option is off the table is if they have exhausted any options and feel that there simply isn't anyone out there to bring in, not because they don't want to bring anyone in.

reggie
07-23-2008, 09:35 PM
does not look like we are getting any help soon,
thank god they are the road,this team is hard to watch right now

noochie
07-23-2008, 09:38 PM
The window is open until the 15th of August. I have faith we will resolve the striker problem before then. DP or not. It has been proven that a DP is not required to compete in this league. It would make a lot of us feel better for sure but it isn't the only way.

That said, I am pretty sure that a DP would still be possible.

jloome
07-23-2008, 10:43 PM
I think the bigger issue is that using the DP massively widens his options; there are a lot of natural predator goal scorers out there who never seem to quite fit, the Luques, Ameobis and Dougie Freedmans of the world, who would score 20 in MLS for a fucking song. I think realistically if the team wants to move forward at the fastest clip it can, then a player like that would be very sensible.

Roogsy
07-23-2008, 10:44 PM
Yup...not that I would want to see one here, but we really need a "mercenary" right now. Not necessarily a long-term player, but someone who can get us over this horrible slump we are going through.

Ossington Mental Youth
07-23-2008, 10:59 PM
Still not ready to give up quite yet