PDA

View Full Version : New TFC interviewer is dreadful?

JavierMartini
03-10-2015, 05:25 AM
I'm to the point where watching a simple interview has me :facepalm: face-palming :facepalm: before the question is even finished. Either she needs to find someone to write the questions for her or the person writing the questions needs replacing.

OgtheDim
03-10-2015, 06:27 AM
Disagree

Strongly.

Go back and see the interview when Seba came in that she did with management. She teased out the Gilberto question and an answer. That's an inside interviewer getting a journalist question asked and answered.

She is very good.

I'll take her over the Dan Dunleavy and hockey sludge we are used to in this city.

JuliquE
03-10-2015, 08:00 AM
I.. I can't believe this thread—no.. REALLY.. there's a THREAD for this!

She's the best we've ever had, man; this comes off as thinly veiled sexism. Maybe she should just do interviews topless, to distract from her horrible questions. o.0

MartinUtd
03-10-2015, 08:42 AM
this comes off as thinly veiled sexism.

:facepalm:

I had higher hopes for discourse, JuliquE. You always struck me as more thoughtful than that.

Fort York Redcoat
03-10-2015, 08:55 AM
I'm to the point where watching a simple interview has me :facepalm: face-palming :facepalm: before the question is even finished. Either she needs to find someone to write the questions for her or the person writing the questions needs replacing.

Edited your title to reflect the obvious debate that's happening here.

Also: There is nothing sexist about what you've said. If people infer that from you wanting someone to write questions for her to ask that is on them.
example: If any famous celebrity were doing the interviews without experience we may want to get them some writing help regardless their gender.

C.Ronaldo
03-10-2015, 09:03 AM
shes okay.

I'd like to see cabbie in there :)

Red4ever
03-10-2015, 09:08 AM
Link to interview?

No one who truly cares about eradicating sexism throws the word around haphazardly.

OgtheDim
03-10-2015, 09:18 AM
All of her TFC stuff can be found here.

http://www.torontofc.ca/video/channel/interviews

How anybody can complain about her after Dunleavy just boggles my mind.

Go watch some of the in house game commentary done for every other team in this league. Its cringing. The only decent in house guys out there are the SJE crew and Shep Messing.

You want bad, listen to Cobi Jones.

Areathrasher
03-10-2015, 09:22 AM
She is a massive massive upgrade on Lee "Talk to me about" Godfrey

Auzzy
03-10-2015, 09:34 AM
Her name is Danielle Emanuele. I think she's pretty good. She has a certain way of talking, and a certain accent, that I can understand some people wouldn't like. However, for a company-internal interviewer/media/PR person, she's actually quite good.

ManUtd4ever
03-10-2015, 09:35 AM
And she's easy on the eyes...

jabbronies
03-10-2015, 09:46 AM
She's had a few suspect interviews, Her questions seem very canned - Questions you can ask almost anyone in any sport and get the same answer - she doesn't get too deep into a topic. Also - Her delivery is very robotic. It's painful to listen to her finish a question.

jabbronies
03-10-2015, 09:47 AM
I.. I can't believe this thread—no.. REALLY.. there's a THREAD for this!

She's the best we've ever had, man; this comes off as thinly veiled sexism. Maybe she should just do interviews topless, to distract from her horrible questions. o.0

This is the dumbest comment in this thread.

PopePouri
03-10-2015, 10:07 AM

She's Godfrey's replacement and she's a 1000 times better.

Fort York Redcoat
03-10-2015, 10:07 AM
Her name is Danielle Emanuele. I think she's pretty good. She has a certain way of talking, and a certain accent, that I can understand some people wouldn't like. However, for a company-internal interviewer/media/PR person, she's actually quite good.

Now this feels wrong. Not what you said, Auzzy, but the fact we waited half a page to name her....:eek: . Thanks for that.

ag futbol
03-10-2015, 10:19 AM
Agreed. Although the best of all time was that guy who did the oddball segments in year 2 or whatever.

Something like tod Dunivant walking along the lake shore then he jumps out of the bushes and starts hitting him with questions (lol).

Fort York Redcoat
03-10-2015, 10:21 AM
Agreed. Although the best of all time was that guy who did the oddball segments in year 2 or whatever.

Something like tod Dunivant walking along the lake shore then he jumps out of the bushes and starts hitting him with questions (lol).

Wasn't there also some little kid that did interviews for a while? (no comment concerning the quality there. Just want confirmation it wasn't a dream g:D )

pdubs
03-10-2015, 10:25 AM
She's Godfrey's replacement and she's a 1000 times better.

This time a million

JuliquE
03-10-2015, 11:10 AM
:facepalm:

I had higher hopes for discourse, JuliquE. You always struck me as more thoughtful than that.
Fair enough, I did have a think about it, before posting.. but, I decided to go ahead with it, anyway, because, when you listen back to her questions, and her finesse in handling trickier topics, it's really hard to understand what someone might have a problem with, other than the idea that "women shouldn't be covering a man's sport," or some such.

Whatever—I stand by my comment; I could be wrong, but, to me, that's how it comes across.

MartinUtd
03-10-2015, 11:20 AM
Fair enough, I did have a think about it, before posting.. but, I decided to go ahead with it, anyway, because, when you listen back to her questions, and her finesse in handling trickier topics, it's really hard to understand what someone might have a problem with, other than the idea that "women shouldn't be covering a man's sport," or some such.

Whatever—I stand by my comment; I could be wrong, but, to me, that's how it comes across.

That's fine, but it all boils down to an opinion of a reporter doing her job. By projecting sexism on to the issue, you've now changed the subject form that of a woman doing her job and how she's perceived at it, to the fact that any criticism of her has to be the result of her lady parts. Which ironically enough, is sexist.

JuliquE
03-10-2015, 11:23 AM
Uh, oh.. kay.. internet guy.

Red CB Toronto
03-10-2015, 11:30 AM
Wasn't there also some little kid that did interviews for a while? (no comment concerning the quality there. Just want confirmation it wasn't a dream g:D )

Oh god, a blast from the past, CV2, believe he lost the gig when his dad took a job with FC Dallas.

Brooker
03-10-2015, 11:31 AM
If you dislike her, I wouldn't get too bent out of shape. She won't be here long.... are they ever? Just another bimbo who sees this as a stepping stone to lord knows what.

Based on her own words, her only knowledge of soccer was orange slices at half time before she got this job.

MartinUtd
03-10-2015, 11:40 AM
Oh god CV2. That was the reason I stopped watching TFCTV interviews several years back. So much entitled cringe from a supposedly serious organization.

JuliquE
03-10-2015, 11:43 AM
That's fine, but it all boils down to an opinion of a reporter doing her job. By projecting sexism on to the issue, you've now changed the subject form that of a woman doing her job and how she's perceived at it, to the fact that any criticism of her has to be the result of her lady parts. Which ironically enough, is sexist.
There will be situations where sexism is on display, without it being made explicitly clear; a bit of a stretch to call the person of whom suspects that to be the case "sexist."

That said, I concede that my comments lacked a bit of tact. Apologies, then, JavierMartini (still remember you creating that profile, after Martina's two-goal game, against an expansion Portland side); hope you'll forgive me for thinking your feelings weren't as advertised.

Honestly, though, I am really dumbfounded, here, on what she could be doing so wrong. Whilst she might sound a bit robotic, at times, she also has about the smoothest delivery I've heard, rarely making a mistake and probably more production-friendly (time constraints). Even still, she's definitely shown a lot in the way of personality, especially noticed when she was covering the DP announcements (i.e. making a few jokes and generally chummying up to her interviewee). She doesn't always get to the heart of the matter or ask the really deep questions, but, then, hardly anyone club-affiliated ever has, nor is expected to (we look elsewhere for that). That said, she has certainly thrown a grittier question or two in, that maybe wasn't scripted, but she rolls with things so smoothly, that there's little to no awkwardness in so doing.

I didn't much hate Lee Godfrey, but I've still found this Danielle Emanuele to be a real breath of fresh air.

OgtheDim
03-10-2015, 11:49 AM
If you dislike her, I wouldn't get too bent out of shape. She won't be here long.... are they ever? Just another bimbo ....

Now that is sexist......

Brooker
03-10-2015, 12:23 PM
Now that is sexist......

No, it's not. She said she didn't know anything about soccer when she was trying to win the contest but here she is anyways. Am I sexist for pointing that out?

Initial B
03-10-2015, 12:33 PM
No, it's not. She said she didn't know anything about soccer when she was trying to win the contest but here she is anyways. Am I sexist for pointing that out?
In that case, what's the equivalent term for when a guy does the same thing? I'm pretty sure it's not bimbo.

Derko
03-10-2015, 12:38 PM
I can't beleive I got sucked into reading this thread, what a waste of space

Brooker
03-10-2015, 12:45 PM
In that case, what's the equivalent term for when a guy does the same thing? I'm pretty sure it's not bimbo.

Mimbo. Not a Seinfeld fan I take it.

Mr. Bigby
03-10-2015, 12:53 PM
I'm of two minds about her. I find her speech patterns and syntax a little off-putting at times, but then she'll ask a question that starts out pretty basic, but ends up with a really interesting slant. I think that like anyone just starting out she has rough edges, but I suspect that she has considerable upside potential.

JonO
03-10-2015, 01:05 PM
To refer to her as a bimbo is sexist. And I believe when she was trying to win the contest she claimed she was passionate about soccer but that the highlight of her playing days were the orange slices. To me it seems like she was saying she has always liked soccer but is no good at it. Not that she knows nothing about soccer. Can't believe I got sucked into this thread, but here I am.... sigh...

Chevy
03-10-2015, 01:05 PM
Good grief. I make it a personal policy not to interfere in any way with a pretty girl being pretty.

Still Kicking
03-10-2015, 01:16 PM

Contest? If TFC had a contest to replace Lee Godfrey, I will admit that I missed any mention of it.

The new in-house reporter seems fine to me. Just basing her questions on the Bradley interview - her questions seemed observant and aware. Maybe her tone will improve with time. In the area of sexism, I think that largest knock against MLSE is not that they have hired a female reporter or are introducing another female host for BMO games, it is the fact that they do this while completely ignoring the possibility of women's soccer in this city. I would be so much happier with MLSE if they were developing TFCW . It would make the gender of inhouse reporters very much a moot point...

TOBOR !
03-10-2015, 01:20 PM

^ This is unnecessary. It adds no value to the thread.

All you're doing is belittling someone by insulting their post.

Do better.

TOBOR !
03-10-2015, 01:28 PM
re : Danielle Emanuele. I think she's doing a good job, and makes Serioux / Wheeler more bearable.

I didn't know she had no soccer background before getting this gig (mentioned upthread), but if that's the case, she's even more impressive.

She seems comfortable with the mic, and has learned a lot about the game in a short time. She'll only get better.

There was another thread (probably the one when Seba landed) where we commiserated that she won't be around long simply because a larger station or network will pick her up.

I have no doubt that this will happen.

redisthenewblk
03-10-2015, 01:35 PM
If you dislike her, I wouldn't get too bent out of shape. She won't be here long.... are they ever? Just another bimbo who sees this as a stepping stone to lord knows what.

Based on her own words, her only knowledge of soccer was orange slices at half time before she got this job.

I hope this is a joke... Not very respectful to call her a bimbo

Areathrasher
03-10-2015, 01:35 PM
Wait, are some people mixing up Danielle Emanuele with the replacement for Rachel as game day host?

Auzzy
03-10-2015, 01:36 PM
Wait, are some people mixing up Danielle Emanuele with the replacement for Rachel as game day host?

Hopefully not. Very different people in many aspects.

OgtheDim
03-10-2015, 01:37 PM
Emanuele did a somewhat cringing audition tape to be the game day host.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKsk7_6nuAw

Cashcleaner
03-10-2015, 01:38 PM
I'm of two minds about her. I find her speech patterns and syntax a little off-putting at times, but then she'll ask a question that starts out pretty basic, but ends up with a really interesting slant. I think that like anyone just starting out she has rough edges, but I suspect that she has considerable upside potential.

Yeah, I went ahead and watch a load of videos with her. You're right - she's inexperienced and it shows. But I'm sure the more she gets to know the subjects she's talking too, the better she'll be. I'd cut her some slack for being new to the job and all.

PopePouri
03-10-2015, 01:44 PM

That's been taken already. It's not Danielle.

If she didn't know much about soccer, she did a hell of good job of faking it as she was on point in terms of training and tactics with most of her interviews during preseason. It's possible Devang or others had a hand in that maybe, but at least questions people in the know. She could have phoned it in like most of Godfrey's interaction.

Areathrasher
03-10-2015, 01:56 PM
That's been taken already. It's not Danielle.

Yea, I know.

People talking about winning contests for the job made me think people could have been mixing the two up as Rachels replacement was just announced.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRimj7HdoUU&feature=youtu.be

Joe Kool
03-10-2015, 02:05 PM
Geez man we are not in the offseason anymore...not sure why we have this kind of offseason type topic. I think Danielle is doing ok. Rachel annoyed the hell out of me at first but I kind of got used to the quirkiness and then didn't really mind it. At least...ahhh...she is not....ahhh....asking questions like.....ahhh....Lee Godfrey. That was driving me nuts after.....ahhh.....awhile. This is her preseason, let's not do the TFC thing and fire her right away. We have more stuff to pay attention to now...season is on!!! Let's go Reds!

habstfc
03-10-2015, 07:20 PM
Sorry but she's pretty bad but I think that's because she's very raw and inexperienced. I think she'll get better and has over the last couple of weeks. She's a cute blonde woman which certainly doesn't hurt in this type of business.

Yohan
03-10-2015, 08:23 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRimj7HdoUU

OgtheDim
03-10-2015, 08:54 PM
....Based on her own words, her only knowledge of soccer was orange slices at half time before she got this job.

ACTUALLY, what she said was
I have always had a passion for the beautiful game, but, lets be real here, when I realised the highlight of my soccer career was orange slices at halftime, I knew it was time to take a different route.

i.e. She's a fan of the game, but not a good player.

I still find her video cringe worthy cause that first bit about Shit people say didn't work for anybody, including William Shatner, but one guy on twitter.

But she never said she didn't follow the game.

habstfc
03-10-2015, 09:22 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRimj7HdoUU
Much better reel than Daniele.

JavierMartini
03-10-2015, 11:36 PM
That said, I concede that my comments lacked a bit of tact. Apologies, then, JavierMartini (still remember you creating that profile, after Martina's two-goal game, against an expansion Portland side); hope you'll forgive me for thinking your feelings weren't as advertised.

Honestly, though, I am really dumbfounded, here, on what she could be doing so wrong. Whilst she might sound a bit robotic, at times, she also has about the smoothest delivery I've heard, rarely making a mistake and probably more production-friendly (time constraints). Even still, she's definitely shown a lot in the way of personality, especially noticed when she was covering the DP announcements (i.e. making a few jokes and generally chummying up to her interviewee). She doesn't always get to the heart of the matter or ask the really deep questions, but, then, hardly anyone club-affiliated ever has, nor is expected to (we look elsewhere for that). That said, she has certainly thrown a grittier question or two in, that maybe wasn't scripted, but she rolls with things so smoothly, that there's little to no awkwardness in so doing.

I didn't much hate Lee Godfrey, but I've still found this Danielle Emanuele to be a real breath of fresh air.

No part of my op has a drop of sexism in it. If you had started off this way without just labeling myself a sexist, this discussion could have progressed better.

I've never really liked any TFC interviewer and had high hopes. I think it's a downgrade from Rachel was Danielle is a PR smooth talker with little passion / knowledge for footy.

Also you've answered some of my gripes with her yourself. I don't like the robotic, smooth talking pr agent. I'd actually really like to see some deep questions about some of the new players.

JavierMartini
03-10-2015, 11:43 PM

I agree, however I'm a little confused. Is Shari Leavitt going to be taking over tfc tv interviews and post game or................?

* Edit oh ok. I just realised my error. Danielle is golTV and Shari is TFC TV. I actually really like Shari and look forward to seeing her on tfc TV.

JuliquE
03-11-2015, 08:17 AM
No part of my op has a drop of sexism in it. If you had started off this way without just labeling myself a sexist, this discussion could have progressed better.
Umm.. correct; this is the entire point of my last post.

I've never really liked any TFC interviewer and had high hopes. I think it's a downgrade from Rachel was Danielle is a PR smooth talker with little passion / knowledge for footy.
Rachel maybe put her passion more on display, however I rarely found he to be insightful, nor did she ever really get deep into any topics. She had her lane and I didn't mind it, but I'm much happier with the balance Danielle has brought.

Also you've answered some of my gripes with her yourself. I don't like the robotic, smooth talking pr agent. I'd actually really like to see some deep questions about some of the new players.
In fairness, I used the term "robotic," having read someone else in the thread using it; just wanted to directly address it, so, for want of a better word, I stuck with that. With that said, I can see what was meant by it, with how smoothly she speaks.. but, I prefer this, rather than someone bumbling and fumbling all over themselves—not sure how anyone can hate that she sounds professional, and not the way, for instance, Taylor Twellmen used to sound (like he was watching the game from his couch, with a bud).

Anyway, man.. to each, his own.

Peace be with you.

Thousandth post!

Shakes McQueen
03-11-2015, 08:23 AM
Haven't seen this person yet, but there's no way she's worse than Andi Petrillo and her "what is your favourite colour?" bullshit.

I do wish they'd hire someone, male or female, who actually has some pre-existing interest and expertise in soccer as a sport, instead of fresh faced young people who are "willing to learn!" about the sport they are already essentially covering.

Jack
03-11-2015, 09:19 AM
Both of them are young and both will improve. We are still quite a ways down the pecking order when it comes to media personalities for TFC.

MightyDM
03-11-2015, 09:24 AM
I agree, that is how it came across. JuliquE shouldn't be criticised, she is making a fair point.

edit: I am replying to her post that the thread came across as sexist.

JuliquE
03-11-2015, 10:26 AM
I agree, that is how it came across. JuliquE shouldn't be criticised, she is making a fair point.

edit: I am replying to her post that the thread came across as sexist.
Guys like you and Tobor! are why I keep coming back to this forum (there have been countless other examples, mind—some in this thread). 'Preciate it, man.

I could have, though, found a way to get the point across in a less belligerent fashion.

That said, and I get the confusion, but.. I'm a dude. heh

JuliquE
03-11-2015, 10:30 AM
To be fair, she had already got the job, so she doesn't have to make cringe-worthy attempts to draw attention to herself.

But, yeh.. I like this one, as well.

jabbronies
03-11-2015, 10:53 AM
^ This is unnecessary. It adds no value to the thread.
All you're doing is belittling someone by insulting their post.
Do better.

Do better?

Here is the long version of my post

It's very ignorant to assume the OP was sexist because he had a negative view of an internet personality who happens to be female. It was very unnecessary to add the line "Maybe she should just do interviews topless, to distract from her horrible questions." in order to further insinuate that the OP intent was to belittle a woman solely on the grounds that she is a woman and not that her skills as an interviewer are not up to standard (a view that many non-sexist people on this board hold).

People who loosely throw around the term "sexist" the way this poster did are a detriment to the feminist movement they claim to be fighting for. I don't care if this person is a woman - acting ignorant isn't helping the cause.

Shall I continue to "Do Better" and further explain my distaste for manner in which JuliquE comment helped derail the conversation into the trash?

JuliquE
03-11-2015, 11:00 AM
Do better?

Here is the long version of my post

It's very ignorant to assume the OP was sexist because he had a negative view of an internet personality who happens to be female. It was very unnecessary to add the line "Maybe she should just do interviews topless, to distract from her horrible questions." in order to further insinuate that the OP intent was to belittle a woman solely on the grounds that she is a woman and not that her skills as an interviewer are not up to standard (a view that many non-sexist people on this board hold).

People who loosely throw around the term "sexist" the way this poster did are a detriment to the feminist movement they claim to be fighting for. I don't care if this person is a woman - acting ignorant isn't helping the cause.

Shall I continue to "Do Better" and further explain my distaste for manner in which JuliquE comment helped derail the conversation into the trash?
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y126/JuliquE/erbbiw-jpg.gif

I said it came across/read as if it were sexism—I wasn't sure, but all signs seemed to point to it.

Do better.

TOBOR !
03-11-2015, 12:54 PM
jabbronies ; Sorry man, I don't do outrage.

Your expanded post (above) explains your opinion, but it's confrontational. People aren't ignorant just because they see things differently to you.

Yes, JuliquE ; could have stated their thoughts with less hyperbole, and perhaps he/she will do so in future.

Wouldn't it be nice if we could all take a moment to think about our posts. About how they'll be perceived, and how much value they add to the overall conversation, before submitting them ?

Part of message boards will always be taken up by folk lurking in the shadows, waiting to spew vitriol at the first poster who doesn't share their view.

But let's not have that here.

That's what I meant by 'Do Better'.

JonO
03-11-2015, 02:25 PM
We deserve butter... I mean better...

JuliquE
03-11-2015, 02:43 PM
@jabbronies (http://forums.redpatchboys.ca/member.php?u=19) ; Sorry man, I don't do outrage.

Your expanded post (above) explains your opinion, but it's confrontational. People aren't ignorant just because they see things differently to you.

Yes, @JuliquE (http://forums.redpatchboys.ca/member.php?u=21345) ; could have stated their thoughts with less hyperbole, and perhaps he/she will do so in future.

Wouldn't it be nice if we could all take a moment to think about our posts. About how they'll be perceived, and how much value they add to the overall conversation, before submitting them ?

Part of message boards will always be taken up by folk lurking in the shadows, waiting to spew vitriol at the first poster who doesn't share their view.

But let's not have that here.

That's what I meant by 'Do Better'.
Cuttin' me deep, man.

But, yeh.. great post.

Alonso
03-11-2015, 02:51 PM
EVERYONE... JuliquE is a dude!

Let's get it straight!

greatwhitenorf
03-11-2015, 11:05 PM
Not happy that this thread is happening.

If you know Danielle Emmanuele - I do - you know she's an extremely talented and dedicated broadcast journalist with a strong work ethic. And she's hardly out of Ryerson. She auditioned for the part of stadium TV host and lost in the final selections. But MLSE saw enough potential in her to bring her on board and work to develop her for their in-house media system.

That's a Major compliment. It's not one that's gone to her head. Far from relying on her telegenicity, she works hard to do research and arrive prepared. Soccer is not her natural environment - hockey is - but she's adapting nicely. I don't expect Kristian Jack-calibre insight from her, but she can think on her feet and adapt quickly. She has a great broadcasting career ahead of her and I'm glad she's around TFC this year.

Kaz
03-12-2015, 12:15 AM

If you know Danielle Emmanuele - I do - you know she's an extremely talented and dedicated broadcast journalist with a strong work ethic. And she's hardly out of Ryerson. She auditioned for the part of stadium TV host and lost in the final selections. But MLSE saw enough potential in her to bring her on board and work to develop her for their in-house media system.

That's a Major compliment. It's not one that's gone to her head. Far from relying on her telegenicity, she works hard to do research and arrive prepared. Soccer is not her natural environment - hockey is - but she's adapting nicely. I don't expect Kristian Jack-calibre insight from her, but she can think on her feet and adapt quickly. She has a great broadcasting career ahead of her and I'm glad she's around TFC this year.

This thread isn't about Danielle (as far as I know) the irony is it is about Shari but people didn't bother to learn her name before complaining.

(though I honestly can't say for sure we don't see the person, I'm assuming it is Rachel's replacement not a GolTV person.)

OgtheDim
03-12-2015, 05:57 AM
This thread isn't about Danielle (as far as I know) ....

The OP maker has yet to clarify this.

As the first responder, I just automatically assumed that "interviewer" meant the GOL person, as we havn't seen the new host do anything yet beyond a Youtube introduction.

Fort York Redcoat
03-12-2015, 07:49 AM

And I'll add that it doesn't take a soccer/footy background to fall in love with the game and people surrounding it. I've met a couple broadcasters that have adopted our game and have done just fine for years.

Primavera
03-16-2015, 08:35 PM
Shari was on the same bus as me this weekend to/fro Columbus. I haven't seen her on tv or the website yet, but certainly she was nice and personable with all of us on Sat.

MightyDM
03-16-2015, 08:41 PM
Guys like you and Tobor! are why I keep coming back to this forum (there have been countless other examples, mind—some in this thread). 'Preciate it, man.

I could have, though, found a way to get the point across in a less belligerent fashion.

That said, and I get the confusion, but.. I'm a dude. heh

"He" made a good point.....!

barticusz
03-17-2015, 10:32 AM

You must be joking. She's (Danielle) been excellent so far. One of the better interviewer's we've had. League's better than some of the footy pundits out there in the media.

Also, to those thinking this isn't about Danielle, I'd have to think it is because it was posted well before Shari was announced as the new in game host. Plus Shari is just that, the in-game host, not the "interviewer".

jloome
03-17-2015, 12:24 PM
You must be joking. She's (Danielle) been excellent so far. One of the better interviewer's we've had. League's better than some of the footy pundits out there in the media.

Also, to those thinking this isn't about Danielle, I'd have to think it is because it was posted well before Shari was announced as the new in game host. Plus Shari is just that, the in-game host, not the "interviewer".

Danielle's quite talented, that's obvious. I was a journalist for twenty-three years, guys, and I can count on one hand the number of broadcasters who did proper research on a story and asked probing questions. I've seen her do both already, including putting Bez on the spot about Defoe, while knowing how to soft-pedal it enough to both get an answer and not get fired.

She's doing well. I'd give her a shot if I was hiring.

JeanWillson
11-29-2016, 08:55 AM
Greetings! Danielle Emmanuele is an extremely talented and dedicated broadcast journalist with a really strong work ethic. Her indispensable skills ad abilities to speak in front of the big crowd are enormous! She made a lot of research. Well, this is my personal opinion and it can be different from yours. (http://resume-writer.net/blog/sexist-job-interview-myth-or-reality)

Joe Kool
11-29-2016, 09:08 AM
Greetings! Danielle Emmanuele is an extremely talented and dedicated broadcast journalist with a really strong work ethic. Her indispensable skills ad abilities to speak in front of the big crowd are enormous! She made a lot of research. Well, this is my personal opinion and it can be different from yours. Your task is to prevent yourself from weird questions during the interview:

Any particular reason to rehash an old thread from March of 2015 for your first post? I think everyone is fairly happy with Danielle's work and there has been nothing on this forum to say otherwise for a very long time that I have seen.

Fort York Redcoat
11-29-2016, 09:13 AM
Greetings! Danielle Emmanuele is an extremely talented and dedicated broadcast journalist with a really strong work ethic. Her indispensable skills ad abilities to speak in front of the big crowd are enormous! She made a lot of research. Well, this is my personal opinion and it can be different from yours. Your task is to prevent yourself from weird questions during the interview:

Interesting first post. Positive in a negative thread turned positive. Glad you can add your positivity even if its well after the fact.

Not sure about "our task" collectively, though. Strange direction. We have a blog section but its related to footie.

GhostKiller
11-29-2016, 01:03 PM
Greetings! Danielle Emmanuele is an extremely talented and dedicated broadcast journalist with a really strong work ethic. Her indispensable skills ad abilities to speak in front of the big crowd are enormous! She made a lot of research. Well, this is my personal opinion and it can be different from yours.
wut?

TFC/Everton
11-29-2016, 01:11 PM
Greetings! Danielle Emmanuele is an extremely talented and dedicated broadcast journalist with a really strong work ethic. Her indispensable skills ad abilities to speak in front of the big crowd are enormous! She made a lot of research. Well, this is my personal opinion and it can be different from yours.

Aside from her obvious lack of soccer knowledge, embarrassingly long winded questions and constant grammar errors, she’s great!

Jack
11-29-2016, 01:38 PM
You guys are replying to a spambot.

Phil
11-29-2016, 01:42 PM

I am replying to a spambot

denime
11-29-2016, 02:53 PM

:rofl:

Jack
11-29-2016, 03:03 PM

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/564x/8a/db/3f/8adb3fb7f97b05371256bba58ebbde14.jpg

mr k
11-29-2016, 03:57 PM
She's had a few suspect interviews, Her questions seem very canned - Questions you can ask almost anyone in any sport and get the same answer - she doesn't get too deep into a topic. Also - Her delivery is very robotic. It's painful to listen to her finish a question.

I have seen her on TFC broadcasts on TSN doing sideline reporting and I'm in the same boat, her questions and delivery come across as very generic. This is standard level of performance for inexperienced reporters but quite cringe worthy to watch.

Usually a pleasant voice and appearance can tide things over till they become competent but personally, I'm not fond of her voice.

Cambassador
11-29-2016, 04:10 PM
https://media.giphy.com/media/NqJpxNyn6DaU0/giphy.gif

jabbronies
11-29-2016, 05:17 PM
I have seen her on TFC broadcasts on TSN doing sideline reporting and I'm in the same boat, her questions and delivery come across as very generic. This is standard level of performance for inexperienced reporters but quite cringe worthy to watch.

Usually a pleasant voice and appearance can tide things over till they become competent but personally, I'm not fond of her voice.

She’s gotten a lot better since I made my original comment.

Her questions actually have substance to them now. She’s been asking some pretty tricky questions that i don’t think another reporter could ask and get away with. She is super fucking hot and I’m sure that’s why guys like Bradley let her ask the questions she does.

mistercorporate
11-29-2016, 06:18 PM

Hi Danielle, good to see you on here! Are you single?? lol

SilverSamurai
11-29-2016, 07:13 PM
Oh god CV2. That was the reason I stopped watching TFCTV interviews several years back. So much entitled cringe from a supposedly serious organization.

+1
That was terrible.

Having said that, I have no idea who this other interviewer people here are referring to.

Oldtimer
11-29-2016, 11:20 PM
+1
That was terrible.

Having said that, I have no idea who this other interviewer people here are referring to.

CV2 was a kid doing interviews.

MartinUtd
11-29-2016, 11:38 PM
CV2 was a kid doing interviews.

Yeah exactly. They have got to get someone that knows how to do the job other than an executive's son. Shit was embarrassing.

Soccer Mum
11-30-2016, 11:22 AM
Yeah exactly. They have got someone that knows how to do the job other than an executive's son. Shit was embarrassing.

He is/was the most cringe-worthy kid in existence.

MartinUtd
11-30-2016, 12:08 PM
Damn you quoted my horrible grammar and missed words lol