PDA

View Full Version : TFC 2015 In-Season player moves/speculation/rumours/etc. thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Oldtimer
03-09-2015, 10:03 AM
Now with the season started, it's time to start a new thread.

Post your speculation/information/etc. here in this thread!

Confirmed (by traditional media or the club) signings get a separate single thread in the "News" section. All other "inside" and other information goes here.

mistercorporate
03-09-2015, 02:46 PM
Given that the new CBA (15% salary cap increase to start i believe) rumours seem to be indicating we can stretch the salary cap with a DP-lite, would it be wise or likely that we may get rid of one of our excess players (4 goalkeepers seems excessive) and replace them with a solid CB/RB/LB-sub or Left winger?

ManUtd4ever
03-09-2015, 02:57 PM
We are definitely thin at CB depth and on the wings. I'd like to see those issues addressed as well at some point this season.

AdamAM
03-09-2015, 03:05 PM
Our most glaring need is replacing Caldwell for someone who can actually partner Perquis, which shouldn't be too hard considering the talent we could get for someone on the same salary as Caldwell. After that, probably proper depth at LB. An elite goalkeeper a la Rimando wouldn't hurt either :rolleyes:

molenshtain
03-09-2015, 03:16 PM
Our most glaring need is replacing Caldwell for someone who can actually partner Perquis, which shouldn't be too hard considering the talent we could get for someone on the same salary as Caldwell. After that, probably proper depth at LB. An elite goalkeeper a la Rimando wouldn't hurt either :rolleyes:

we have four keepers, two of which are very young and highly touted (Bono and Roberts), and Bendik who is a leader in the locker room and not at all a noticeable liability. I'm 100% sure the next two signings will be a winger and CB.

AdamAM
03-09-2015, 03:37 PM
we have four keepers, two of which are very young and highly touted (Bono and Roberts), and Bendik who is a leader in the locker room and not at all a noticeable liability. I'm 100% sure the next two signings will be a winger and CB.

Neymar and Hummels it is!

Ajax TFC
03-09-2015, 04:11 PM
Personally, I like the roster we have right now. And I don't think replacing Caldwell this season is a good idea. He has an important role to play yet this season. A player to replace is Jackson

Richard
03-09-2015, 04:20 PM
Personally, I like the roster we have right now. And I don't think replacing Caldwell this season is a good idea. He has an important role to play yet this season. A player to replace is Jackson

Disagree. Jackson is good cover for the fullback position, he is good defensively and on good wages. Agree with letting Caldwell stay, at the very least he can be a positive mentor for out younger defenders, it looked to have helped Henry.

mistercorporate
03-09-2015, 04:36 PM
I was thinking more as a backup should Caldwell or Perquis get injured. Someone to manage Hagglund on the days when they're out of commission (e.g. when our B team needs some class when resting Perquis).

Ajax TFC
03-09-2015, 04:50 PM
Disagree. Jackson is good cover for the fullback position, he is good defensively and on good wages.
Jackson is better as defensive cover from midfield than he is as a fullback. But I don't think a player without any vision or passing or crossing ability has a place in an offensive position on this team. Last year he had the same number of assists as Orr, Bendik, and Bloom. And I agree, 150-202k is a good wage. Not sure that it's good value though. As a fullback, Jackson is definitely behind Creavalle and Bloom, and probably behind Delgado as well

TFC07
03-09-2015, 06:17 PM
Need backup CB and DM for now and maybe a winger or two.

ag futbol
03-09-2015, 06:17 PM
Jackson is better as defensive cover from midfield than he is as a fullback. But I don't think a player without any vision or passing or crossing ability has a place in an offensive position on this team. Last year he had the same number of assists as Orr, Bendik, and Bloom. And I agree, 150-202k is a good wage. Not sure that it's good value though. As a fullback, Jackson is definitely behind Creavalle and Bloom, and probably behind Delgado as well
It's a different game this year though. Fullbacks job has become much easier going forward with the centre of the park looking rock solid.

I think Jackson could do okay back there. He played this role for FCD and they were no slouches at keeping it on the deck. Defensively he is capable - still remember him destroying that Seattle flank in the opening game last year. Unfortunately, that was his best outing but I'd hope we could get a few more of those in if we have a roll that suits his strengths.

Total miscast as a wide player trying to beat his man and feed strikers around the box. That never made any sense.

flatpicker
03-09-2015, 06:39 PM
Every so often I come to this thread thinking people are discussing player moves/speculation/rumours. Then I realize people are discussing player opinion/hopes/dreams.

Oldtimer
03-10-2015, 08:29 AM
Every so often I come to this thread thinking people are discussing player moves/speculation/rumours. Then I realize people are discussing player opinion/hopes/dreams.

Sometimes rumours make it into here. There is occasional wheat amongst the chaff. However, the current FO seems to have a tighter lid on rumours than previous regimes did.

Mr. Bigby
03-10-2015, 08:36 AM
Sometimes rumours make it into here. There is occasional wheat amongst the chaff. However, the current FO seems to have a tighter lid on rumours than previous regimes did.
It also speaks to the point that with a more solid core of players, there is less need for a constant revolving door of trialists and purported saviors!

OgtheDim
03-10-2015, 08:45 AM
Have we even had any trialists?

mistercorporate
03-10-2015, 09:27 AM
Have we even had any trialists?.

Issey Nakajima Farran.

mitchf
03-10-2015, 11:04 AM
Um, wishful thinking if nothing else..

Steven Caldwell is probably the worst decision maker I've ever seen from the back line. He has no role other than making us worse off.

MartinUtd
03-10-2015, 11:32 AM
I started a Steven Caldwell thread so we don't clog up this one. Please please PLEASE use this instead of continuing here about him

http://forums.redpatchboys.ca/showthread.php?37258-Let-s-talk-about-Steven-Caldwell&p=1725976#post1725976

Also, no news on Issey, so I'm not sure what mistercorporate is on about.

mistercorporate
03-10-2015, 11:54 AM
I started a Steven Caldwell thread so we don't clog up this one. Please please PLEASE use this instead of continuing here about him

http://forums.redpatchboys.ca/showthread.php?37258-Let-s-talk-about-Steven-Caldwell&p=1725976#post1725976

Also, no news on Issey, so I'm not sure what mistercorporate is on about.
I thought he was talking in the past tense, my bad. Haven't heard any news about recent trialists.

C.Ronaldo
03-10-2015, 11:59 AM

Issey Nakajima Farran.

seriously?

never mind...... but he deserves to at least be depth

MartinUtd
03-10-2015, 12:10 PM
I thought he was talking in the past tense, my bad. Haven't heard any news about recent trialists.

Ah, makes sense. Yeah, this thread is for prospective rumours/signings for the 2015 season.

DoubleUp
03-10-2015, 07:19 PM

Issey Nakajima Farran.

His mentality!, maybe not. But his style of play and creativity is a glove fit for this new group.

More Creativity Always

0bl1vious
03-11-2015, 02:16 AM
Issey is playing in 6th Spanish division...that's quite a drop off.

OgtheDim
03-11-2015, 06:18 AM
So, back to the question.

Have we had any trialists this season?

Or has TFC II ended that practice.

Greatest Ripoff
03-11-2015, 07:38 AM
Issey is playing in 6th Spanish division...that's quite a drop off.

He was just keeping fit and playing with them while visiting family in Barcelona. He actually just signed with a first devision club in Denmark.

C.Ronaldo
03-11-2015, 09:01 AM
He was just keeping fit and playing with them while visiting family in Barcelona. He actually just signed with a first devision club in Denmark.

good for him, good for team Canada

hes really good at using soccer as his travel agent, isnt he

andmat
03-11-2015, 08:52 PM
Ya Issey Signed with Hobro, and he played,
http://www.vejle-boldklub.dk/index.php?nyheder&newsId=7601

DOMIN8R
03-13-2015, 11:53 AM
Rumor: Roma's Daniele De Rossi to Toronto FC or Orlando City SC; rumor mill snubs New York Red Bulls once again (http://www.onceametro.com/2015/3/13/8207689/transfer-rumor-daniele-de-rossi-roma-toronto-fc-orlando-city-sc-mls-6-million-offer)

Gazettagiallorossa.it (http://www.gazzettagiallorossa.it/2015/03/mercato-roma-due-proposta-dagli-usa-per-de-rossi-i-dettagli/) is reporting TFC and OCSC are ready to offer De Rossi a $6.3 million contract to move to MLS

Joe Kool
03-13-2015, 12:00 PM
Rumor: Roma's Daniele De Rossi to Toronto FC or Orlando City SC; rumor mill snubs New York Red Bulls once again (http://www.onceametro.com/2015/3/13/8207689/transfer-rumor-daniele-de-rossi-roma-toronto-fc-orlando-city-sc-mls-6-million-offer)

Gazettagiallorossa.it (http://www.gazzettagiallorossa.it/2015/03/mercato-roma-due-proposta-dagli-usa-per-de-rossi-i-dettagli/) is reporting TFC and OCSC are ready to offer De Rossi a $6.3 million contract to move to MLS

That's funny. TFC's name is thrown in on every big speculation. Which DP slot we using? These reporters should really check their facts about how MLS is set up before they start making up phony deals that are not possible under the current MLS structure.

rydermike
03-13-2015, 01:11 PM
That's funny. TFC's name is thrown in on every big speculation. Which DP slot we using? These reporters should really check their facts about how MLS is set up before they start making up phony deals that are not possible under the current MLS structure.

Maybe TFC will just bump up Giovinco's deal to $13 million, sign De Rossi to a minimum and let Giovinco cut De Rossi a $6 million cheque. Given MLS's rules are made up on the spot, this should be perfectly legal :canada:

TFC07
03-13-2015, 01:50 PM

4th DP slot coming?

Even we had 1 DP slot left to use, I don't see why we will use it on De Rossi unless we want to piss off everyone else in MLS even more.

What's story with OCSC? How many DP slots they have left? I could see Rossi going over there.

Areathrasher
03-13-2015, 01:51 PM
Orlando don't have any DP spots free either.

Kaka, Rochez and one of the Colombians (can't remember which one)

kuku
03-13-2015, 07:16 PM
Boateng & Muntari could be heading to MLS, negotiations have begun

After Kaka' and Giovinco two more players with ties to Italy could be heading to MLS. Concrete contacts have begun to bring Sulley Muntari and Kevin Prince Boateng to the North America. Milan midfielder Sulley Muntari is being targeted by Los Angeles FC, a club who is looking to compete with the Galaxy in the southern California market. Muntari has just one year left on his deal and he has struggled to find playing time recently at Milan, so his departure appears likely- Los Angeles FC will likely have to face competition from Fiorentina who was interested in signing when he had an expiring contract. Kevin Prince Boateng on the other hand is a bigger name, he also has two years left on his deal with Schalke- a few MLS clubs have made inquiries to sign him. Should Boateng decide to come play in MLS he will have a few options.

http://gianlucadimarzio.com/en/calciomercato/boateng-muntari-could-be-heading-to-mls-negotiations-have-begun/

OgtheDim
03-13-2015, 09:25 PM
Sounds like somebody with connections to the Ghanian team was in a bar with a reporter.

Useful players - lets see if they are still without a new contract by January 2016. (unlike what the article says, both of their contracts end after 2015-2016)

Would cost a lot and I can't see any of the teams who would want them be willing to pay the transfer fee.

LAFC is unlikely to start until 2017. And Muntari isn't a big enough splash for them, realistically.

Oh, and no thanks for TFC.

rydermike
03-17-2015, 05:02 PM
Clearly they just forgot to add our name to the list, because he will obviously come here lol :scarf:
http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/article/2015/03/17/report-cristiano-ronaldo-plans-play-mls-beginning-2018

RealG-TFC
03-18-2015, 09:35 AM
Clearly they just forgot to add our name to the list, because he will obviously come here lol :scarf:
http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/article/2015/03/17/report-cristiano-ronaldo-plans-play-mls-beginning-2018

As a Real Madrid fan, I wouldn't even want him at TFC despite probably being able to afford him. If we thought we had a prima donna issues with Defoe, this would be a whole other ball game. Pass.

shwade
03-18-2015, 10:58 AM
As a Real Madrid fan, I wouldn't even want him at TFC despite probably being able to afford him. If we thought we had a prima donna issues with Defoe, this would be a whole other ball game. Pass.

Still would. Doesn't matter though, he's going to go to a town where he can see dudes in speedos all the time.

Rooney is the same age and he'll probably make the move to MLS around the same time. Now there's a target, even at 32-33.

brad
03-18-2015, 11:27 AM

Agree 100% about is attitude, although has he gotten better in the last few years?

This article is simply Jorge Mendes playing his usual games. As a United fan, I've watched the CR back to United stories for the last few years, and this is pretty much exactly the same pattern. His agent hints he might be interested, then he is not.

When the last round of Ronaldo to United rumors were flying around, sources close to United were speculating that the total cost of Ronaldo (transfer fee + salary) was going to be something like 200-300 million GBP. If he was leaving, consider the salary premium we would have to pay to get him to come here over going back to United, you are easily looking at something on the order of $350-450 million USD. That is ludicrous...MLSE have deep pockets, but that is just insane.

As United supporter, I don't want him back at United for the those numbers (although the marketing windfall there would certainly soften the blow).

RealG-TFC
03-18-2015, 11:43 AM
Agree 100% about is attitude, although has he gotten better in the last few years?

Thought so too but his reaction to Bale's goal this past weekend was just disgusting. He was pissed he didn't score from a bicycle kick a second earlier. He is clearly more focused on his personal goal tally than the fact that the team has been struggling as of late.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/european/gary-lineker-calls-cristiano-ronaldos-reaction-to-gareth-bale-goal-as-extraordinarily-stroppy-bizarre-and-unhealthy-10111505.html

QBall
03-18-2015, 12:08 PM

I hope someone explains to CR7 how contracts work in MLS. He might want NY, LA or Miami but he might wind up in Salt Lake if the same thing that happened to Jermaine Jones happens to him. TFC would be crazy not to go after CR7. The Portuguese population in Toronto exceeds that of the Portuguese populations in Miami, New York and L.A. combined.

Canary10
03-18-2015, 12:21 PM
If Cristiano Ronaldo actually came to Toronto FC, all you naysayers would be jizzing in your pants. Be honest!

portu
03-18-2015, 12:38 PM
Brandon Barklage has been released by San Jose. Solution for the RB spot?

OgtheDim
03-18-2015, 12:52 PM
If Cristiano Ronaldo actually came to Toronto FC, all you naysayers would be jizzing in your pants. Be honest!

We'd still be wondering about our defence.

Cuppy
03-18-2015, 01:12 PM
We'd still be wondering about our defence. And still find a reason to bitch about something

Detroit_TFC
03-18-2015, 01:40 PM
Brandon Barklage has been released by San Jose. Solution for the RB spot?

Yes. He's worth bringing him in for a trial.

QBall
03-19-2015, 08:46 AM
Looks like we might be losing our DPs for the next game:

http://www.torontofc.ca/news/2015/03/three-storylines-national-team-could-come-calling

Toronto FC could be without four potential starters against Real Salt Lake if Bradley, Altidore, Sebastian Giovinco and Jonathan Osorio are called up by their respective national teams.

With Morrow potentially out next game because of the red card (TFC appealing red card with MLS), if the call-ups happen this would be an opportunity for some our non-starters to step up.

ManUtd4ever
03-19-2015, 10:05 AM
We'll get murdered in Salt Lake City with a second string lineup.

Milanista
03-19-2015, 10:05 AM
Why Italy would call up Giovinco is beyond me, he isn't part of the future leave him alone

Areathrasher
03-19-2015, 10:41 AM
RSL will be missing a few guys too.

They are in a bit of an adjustment period, they are rolling out a new 4-3-3 system. Like us they are having growing pains and haven't worked out the kinks yet.

Not getting our arse handed to us like last year should be achievable :lol:

Detroit_TFC
03-19-2015, 11:44 AM
Seba getting called up would be a surprise. But if he does, not necessarily a bad thing for TFC. If SG feels he is still in the Azzurri mix, that will be quite a motivator for him. And - significant for other players contemplating the move to MLS.

I still think its unlikely.

OgtheDim
03-20-2015, 02:39 PM
FWIW, Bez won't be getting much sleep for the next few weeks.

As per Larson

OFF THE PITCH: Toronto FC general manager Tim Bezbatchenko and his wife had a baby girl this week.

Super
03-21-2015, 09:35 AM
FWIW, Bez won't be getting much sleep for the next few weeks.

As per Larson

OFF THE PITCH: Toronto FC general manager Tim Bezbatchenko and his wife had a baby girl this week.

So TFC hires a nanny to help out. Problem solved. Can't have the GM walking around with no sleep.

ag futbol
03-21-2015, 09:50 AM
I hope someone explains to CR7 how contracts work in MLS. He might want NY, LA or Miami but he might wind up in Salt Lake if the same thing that happened to Jermaine Jones happens to him. TFC would be crazy not to go after CR7. The Portuguese population in Toronto exceeds that of the Portuguese populations in Miami, New York and L.A. combined.
Players with brands that big call their own shots. We've seen it before.

shwade
03-21-2015, 10:47 AM
Players with brands that big call their own shots. We've seen it before.

Lol @ ronaldo being treated like a Jermaine Jones.

TFC07
03-21-2015, 11:16 AM
So TFC hires a nanny to help out. Problem solved. Can't have the GM walking around with no sleep.

MLSE already have a babysit to take care of players' (I guess management) kids and their wives especially during game day.

You can read about it here: http://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/nba/toronto-raptors-behind-the-scenes-family-room/

Detroit_TFC
03-21-2015, 03:47 PM
Barklage signed with Saint Louis FC in USL.

OgtheDim
03-21-2015, 03:49 PM
John Molinaro ‏@JohnMolinaro (https://twitter.com/JohnMolinaro) 14m14 minutes ago (https://twitter.com/JohnMolinaro/status/579376065203798017) Sebastian Giovinco NOT named to Italy's roster for next weekend's Euro qualifier for Bulgaria. #TFC (https://twitter.com/hashtag/TFC?src=hash) http://www.football-italia.net/64176/italy-squad-bulgaria-and-england … (http://t.co/4NmIsKF2T4)

notthesun
03-22-2015, 12:11 PM
Our chances against RSL just took a massive hit. Bradley and Altidore both called up for a pair of US games, Beckerman stays with RSL. They will be losing Rimando and Saborio, but this looks really tough now.

jloome
03-22-2015, 12:14 PM
Our chances against RSL just took a massive hit. Bradley and Altidore both called up for a pair of US games, Beckerman stays with RSL. They will be losing Rimando and Saborio, but this looks really tough now.

Plata's out too, with a broken foot.

Ruffian
03-22-2015, 12:17 PM

Losing Rimando night be a bigger loss than you think.

notthesun
03-22-2015, 12:19 PM
Looks like they are losing Luis Gil to the U23s as well.

Maybe not as bad as I thought. No Altidore really hurts though. I guess Moore will get the start.

Richard
03-22-2015, 12:25 PM
Perfect time to call up Hamilton. I really do think they need to give him a good run of games in the first team to see where he is at.

Red CB Toronto
03-22-2015, 12:30 PM
Marco Delgado got the call into the US U20 camp. So three players from the 18 man roster in Columbus will be unavailable.

ManUtd4ever
03-22-2015, 01:05 PM
Warner in for Bradley and Dike in for Altidore. Should still be a decent lineup.

OgtheDim
03-22-2015, 04:33 PM
In Cheyrou we trust.

portu
03-22-2015, 05:42 PM
Warner in for Bradley and Dike in for Altidore. Should still be a decent lineup.
Probably going to be Moore, Vanney has shown he's not big on Dike

Ossington Mental Youth
03-23-2015, 07:43 AM
Probably going to be Moore, Vanney has shown he's not big on Dike

which begs the question, why did we re-sign him

Yohan
03-23-2015, 08:05 AM
cheap back up

OgtheDim
03-23-2015, 09:41 AM
If Giovinco gets called up to Italy during the Gold Cup, we'll be needing Dike.

barticusz
03-23-2015, 10:35 AM
If Giovinco gets called up to Italy during the Gold Cup, we'll be needing Dike.

Italy only has one game for qualifying in June, if he is called up he'd likely only miss one week, unless I'm missing something?

jloome
03-23-2015, 11:25 AM

He has a big upside if he can stay healthy. I don't see him getting many minutes, though. We're not using a target man system. I suppose if someone goes down, he goes to number three behind Altidore and Moore (who is a better player with a better pedigree); but Hamilton's not far off.

Ossington Mental Youth
03-23-2015, 12:36 PM
I dont have anything against the guy, was making an argument that hes not unwanted by Vanney et al

C.Ronaldo
03-23-2015, 01:42 PM
He has a big upside if he can stay healthy. I don't see him getting many minutes, though. We're not using a target man system. I suppose if someone goes down, he goes to number three behind Altidore and Moore (who is a better player with a better pedigree); but Hamilton's not far off.

whats the upside if he's not playing though?

jloome
03-23-2015, 05:42 PM

Likely just the suspicion -- not unreasonable, either -- that we'll have two strikers down at some point, or one down and one away. Then we need a third and fourth.

pdogg
03-23-2015, 05:51 PM

It's either him, Hamilton or another no name striker. You need the bench depth. If you bring Hamilton up to be that depth, HE sits on the bench. Hamilton is better served actually playing on TFC2. You can bring in someone you don't know and see if that works out, or you sign the guy who you know exactly what you're going to get.

Stress
03-23-2015, 06:23 PM
So during preseason Bez mentioned they were saving some $$ for the summer window and the plan was to evaluate their needs based on the the games until then. Safe to say it's going to be spent on defenders? Caldwell is already on the injury table and our right back competition isn't going so well.

mowe
03-23-2015, 06:28 PM
So during preseason Bez mentioned they were saving some $$ for the summer window and the plan was to evaluate their needs based on the the games until then. Safe to say it's going to be spent on defenders? Caldwell is already on the injury table and our right back competition isn't going so well.

Yeah we need an experienced CB for sure. If Perquis gets injured we're screwed.

dupont
03-23-2015, 08:00 PM

I think they knew that even before the season started but probably just couldn't land anyone they wanted at that time.

pdubs
03-23-2015, 08:49 PM
We needed two CB's at the start of the previous season. So we still need another one.

jloome
03-27-2015, 12:11 PM
Holy downward spiral:
http://mlsmultiplex.com/2015/03/27/julian-de-guzman-signs-with-ottawa-fury-fc/

Red I
03-27-2015, 12:30 PM
Holy downward spiral:

I dunno.... seems like a step-up from Unattached FC

Alonso
03-27-2015, 12:57 PM
Holy downward spiral:

They must be paying him a few $100,000 you'd think...

C.Ronaldo
03-27-2015, 01:12 PM
Holy downward spiral:

after this
"He was given a three year deal with the club at the time worth $1,910,746 annually."

everything else is gravy

I'd take that deal any day

flamehawk
03-27-2015, 08:26 PM
http://www.torontofc.ca/news/2015/03/toronto-fc-sign-clement-simonin

We signed Simonin

Shway
03-28-2015, 10:43 AM
http://www.torontofc.ca/news/2015/03/toronto-fc-sign-clement-simonin

We signed Simonin

This signing brought our roster to 29 players with a roster limit of 28.
I like when the reporters ask the very same question that you are wondering, and based on Vanneys comments there is some rule that allows players to be sent on loan to TFCII full-time....

MLS Transparency:drum:

C.Ronaldo
03-28-2015, 12:09 PM
but he was on a TFC 2 contact? did he get an offer else where and TFC had to do it? or they making room at tfc2 for another addition?

couldnt TFC2 kids be called up to TFC1?

OgtheDim
03-28-2015, 12:22 PM
Simonin had to sign a TFC contract to be included in this weekend's bench in Utah. TFCII signed players can't come up for MLS games.

He's our one defensive line sub.

C.Ronaldo
03-28-2015, 12:24 PM
AHH, i thought it was a two way street.

Ajax TFC
03-28-2015, 08:50 PM
This signing brought our roster to 29 players with a roster limit of 28.
I like when the reporters ask the very same question that you are wondering, and based on Vanneys comments there is some rule that allows players to be sent on loan to TFCII full-time....

MLS Transparency:drum:
I have no idea where Molinaro got the 28 player roster limit from.

A Major League Soccer club’s first team roster is comprised of up to 30 players

http://pressbox.mlssoccer.com/content/roster-rules-and-regulations

mowe
03-29-2015, 12:21 AM
I have no idea where Molinaro got the 28 player roster limit from.

http://pressbox.mlssoccer.com/content/roster-rules-and-regulations
That was the old CBA, new one cuts it down to 28.

http://m.thestar.com/#/article/sports/soccer/2015/03/11/new-mls-agreement-increases-salaries-but-cuts-rosters.html?referrer=

Ajax TFC
03-29-2015, 01:47 PM
That's fucked up. We need bigger rosters, not smaller ones. At the very least teams should have the ability to replace players on the injury list with players from their USL affiliate

notthesun
04-08-2015, 11:05 PM
Hate to give the Whitecraps credit, but Octavio Rivero is the real deal. Looks twice the player Gilberto was and more or less the main reason they have gotten so many results to start the season.

If we head back down to South America to bring in a major piece at some point in the future, best to avoid the Brazilian league I think.

Redpunkfiddle
04-08-2015, 11:34 PM
Hate to give the Whitecraps credit, but Octavio Rivero is the real deal. Looks twice the player Gilberto was and more or less the main reason they have gotten so many results to start the season.

If we head back down to South America to bring in a major piece at some point in the future, best to avoid the Brazilian league I think.

Brazil? Wha?

A bit of a logical leap based on two guys who happen to be from different countries.

Initial B
04-09-2015, 08:18 AM
From what I understand, the Argentinian and Chilean Leagues are more like MLS than the Brazilian League. Players are somewhat cheaper as well.

Milanista
04-09-2015, 08:51 AM
There's a reason why Seria A teams years back stopped dipping in Brazil and looked at Chile and Colombia...Players in brazil are always very hyped and come at huge premiums....I personally love the way Colombian's play and i would look at that country for some gems

Areathrasher
04-09-2015, 09:36 AM
http://www.insidespanishfootball.com/153963/andoni-iraola-to-leave-athletic-bilbao-for-mls/

Wonder if we could get this guy on a non-dp deal...

notthesun
04-09-2015, 09:43 AM
Brazil? Wha?

A bit of a logical leap based on two guys who happen to be from different countries.

Not two guys. Look around the league and the foreign quality being brought in. It is consistently from Argentina, Uruguay, Colombia, etc. or Carribean nations. Very little impact players coming out of Brazil, and of the few who have, most went through other leagues first. The very best Brazilian players are snapped up by Portuguese teams, leaving second-rate players like Gilberto for MLS teams to look at. And Brazilian players are more expensive.

Gilberto reportedly cost us a transfer fee of over $3 million on the back of 14 goals in 24 games and 7 in 25 the year before. Rivero cost the Whitecaps $3 million - it would have been less if he hadn't been sold to O'Higgins with a sell-on fee - and he had two straight seasons of 10 goals, in 16 and 17 games respectively. There was every chance Gilberto could have worked out wonderfully, but the point is we paid more for a guy who was a step below the best in his league, and the Whitecaps were able to pay less for one of the best talents available. Just like we did with Laba.

Way more bang for your buck outside of Brazil.

C.Ronaldo
04-09-2015, 10:31 AM
I think we are forgetting Maicon Santos :/

also there Jackson :/

oh...I see your point now

ag futbol
04-09-2015, 10:35 AM
Brazil is heavily scouted and a little more difficult to get anything at a bargain price. Not that it should be ignored but I agree if you're turning over rocks in SA as a MLS team on a budget, it's not the first place you start.

jloome
04-09-2015, 11:32 AM
Brazil is heavily scouted and a little more difficult to get anything at a bargain price. Not that it should be ignored but I agree if you're turning over rocks in SA as a MLS team on a budget, it's not the first place you start.

There are also government regulations in Brazil preventing foreign scouts from working their without a local visa; so they have to work with local agents, who become a guaranteed layer of expensive graft. If they go down to Brazil, they basically have to go as spectators and unofficially, then open talks with the player's agent once they get back.

Ossington Mental Youth
04-09-2015, 11:37 AM
For once im not jealous of other teams players. Id like us to gel more so which will happen in time. Also like to see our defense step it up a bit.
All we can add imo is depth which is tough to do in this league

OgtheDim
04-09-2015, 12:26 PM
Ives Galarcep ‏@SoccerByIves (https://twitter.com/SoccerByIves) 47m47 minutes ago (https://twitter.com/SoccerByIves/status/586206154122010624) U.S. Soccer hasn’t confirmed it, but I’m told Jozy Altidore will indeed sit out the #USMNT (https://twitter.com/hashtag/USMNT?src=hash) - #ElTri (https://twitter.com/hashtag/ElTri?src=hash) friendly to serve a red card suspension.

Less travel for Jozy before the Dallas game.

OgtheDim
04-09-2015, 03:36 PM
Toronto FC announced Thursday that the club has acquired allocation money from the Vancouver Whitecaps FC in exchange for first right of refusal for midfielder Cristian Techera. As per club and league policy, terms of the deal were not disclosed.

More Garber bucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

portu
04-09-2015, 03:41 PM
"Techera is a great technical, two-footed winger with good intelligence" - Robinson

Hey we could use that^

Areathrasher
04-09-2015, 03:53 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CCLYNRqUEAAe0Xn.jpg:large

Guess he was one of the options mentioned here from an interview with Bez from Larson

Ultra & Proud
04-09-2015, 03:56 PM
"Techera is a great technical, two-footed winger with good intelligence" - Robinson

Hey we could use that^
Hoping maybe Vanney & crew identified our problem areas [DEFENSE] and figured a 5'2" forward wasn't what we needed to help us right now. At least I hope that's what they're thinking.

Yohan
04-09-2015, 05:01 PM
well, at least TFC is doing some sort of scouting in SA. or someone told TFC about this Techera guy for TFC to call dibs on him and get something out of this deal

Ossington Mental Youth
04-09-2015, 09:19 PM
Curious to see if, how and when our roster changes. Really the only thing we lack is depth and wing players. Theyd be nice but i think we can function for now

shwade
04-10-2015, 10:58 AM
Whitecaps are becoming scarier, thank goodness we played them first.

Not sure why Toronto won't bring in a loanee for the wing or defence. Toronto has a bigger presence in Europe now and some of the younger guys in the big leagues there probably won't frown upon being sent here for a few months.

Ossington Mental Youth
04-10-2015, 02:04 PM
Whitecaps are becoming scarier, thank goodness we played them first.

Not sure why Toronto won't bring in a loanee for the wing or defence. Toronto has a bigger presence in Europe now and some of the younger guys in the big leagues there probably won't frown upon being sent here for a few months.

Dont think theres room on the roster unless we move some folk

C.Ronaldo
04-10-2015, 02:19 PM
then move some folk!

fin and caldwell come to mind

ag futbol
04-10-2015, 02:49 PM
Caldwell I suspect will be here for the year but not any longer. Findley will likely be that guy who everyone tears their hair out over who the coach loves but fans can't stand. He'll be like Jackson on the wind last year shanking balls into the stands.

OgtheDim
04-10-2015, 03:36 PM
As per Davidson

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/sports/mlse-boss-says-dont-judge-toronto-fc-yet-wait-until-season-has-run-its-course-299369031.html?cx_navSource=d-top-story

"In other news, Bezbatchenko says 19-year-old midfielder Manny Aparacio has been designated the team's season-long loanee to the USL's Toronto FC 2, which brings the top team's roster down to 28 players."

0bl1vious
04-10-2015, 03:57 PM
also there Jackson :/

Still don't get all the Jackson hate around here.

Yes, he suffers from judgment lapses and lacks technical ability...but the guy has scored 5 goals in 28 apps for us...and three of them were impact goals.

He's is also an impressive athlete and has decent defensive game. He's better than many of our past signings IMO.

MartinUtd
04-10-2015, 04:14 PM
Jackson is not a player I want to rely on, but he's the perfect guy to come in and kill the last 20 minutes of a game off.

Interesting that Bez made room on the roster for one more. Does this mean they're likely cooking something up?

Soccerpro
04-10-2015, 07:40 PM

Hey we could use that^

We have no width. 0 width. Why wouldn't we sign him if we had the rights to him? I don't understand.

OgtheDim
04-10-2015, 08:13 PM
We have no width. 0 width. Why wouldn't we sign him if we had the rights to him? I don't understand.

He's on loan. If he was actually being paid by MLS to play here, he'd be a DP. Which, given the machinations that happen with bringing people in from South America means who knows what his status was when TFC was looking at him back over Christmas.

I agree we need width. Who knows, maybe at the time it was this dude or Cheyro or Perquis - both of those moves came real quick. In a cap league, moves are never simple.

portu
04-10-2015, 09:48 PM
http://www.insidespanishfootball.com/153963/andoni-iraola-to-leave-athletic-bilbao-for-mls/

Wonder if we could get this guy on a non-dp deal...
Yes, please. This would be a coup of massive proportions

Auzzy
04-10-2015, 10:01 PM
Jackson is not a player I want to rely on, but he's the perfect guy to come in and kill the last 20 minutes of a game off.

Interesting that Bez made room on the roster for one more. Does this mean they're likely cooking something up?

No they had to make room on the roster for Simonin, whom they have already signed.

Hamilton_Red
04-11-2015, 12:20 AM
Dont think theres room on the roster unless we move some folk

Maybe we can get Doniel back for the summer. we could use him.

Ossington Mental Youth
04-11-2015, 02:27 AM
Maybe we can get Doniel back for the summer. we could use him.

Think he's out for at least 6 months with an injury

Ultra & Proud
04-11-2015, 09:45 AM
Yes because that line of thinking got rid of MLS Cup winner Joao Plata. FFS we were paying him under $50k/year....
Two things in my post: first; we have a short forward already. How many would we need when we are already at the roster max of players and two; my main point was that with little roster space (barring trades) we need defenders.

That was my point.

Hamilton_Red
04-12-2015, 07:26 PM
Fair enough U&P - we do need defenders especially a RB & LB. But Vanney needs to organize this team to defend. 3 forwards that don't defend with wing backs that are attack minded & that can't defend is going to kill us. Vanney has to figure out how to get a clean sheet in this league. If he is unable to organize the team to achieve that - then he is done.

akoto
04-12-2015, 08:14 PM
Fair enough U&P - we do need defenders especially a RB & LB. But Vanney needs to organize this team to defend. 3 forwards that don't defend with wing backs that are attack minded & that can't defend is going to kill us. Vanney has to figure out how to get a clean sheet in this league. If he is unable to organize the team to achieve that - then he is done.

I agree we need help in the back but I think our weakest links are RB and CB. We need to replace Caldwell with a younger, quicker, more athletic CB to pair up with Perquis ( i know... not many in MLS fit that description and those that do would come at a great price) and a starting RB to step in and get Creavalle out of there. IMHO Morrow is a good MLS LB with Morgan being sufficient as a backup.

Hamilton_Red
04-12-2015, 08:30 PM
You are right that RB is far more of a problem than LB. I like what I've seen from Morgan going forward - still uncertain defensively. I do think that Haaglund will be a starter in the future - I think he will develop well. If a better CB comes available (Like Kendall Waston - what a signing he was for Vancouver) then it will be worth a shot - but the bigger problem is how the team is organized at this stage.

Steve

ronzilla
04-13-2015, 09:22 AM
Anyone have an update on Perquis ?

jloome
04-13-2015, 10:30 AM
Anyone have an update on Perquis ?

I believe they said Friday that he, Caldwell and Bloom are all training again and will be ready for the weekend.

Oldtimer
04-13-2015, 04:00 PM
Mod note:

Discussions related to prior-year trades have been cleaned up. This thread is for future/current news/speculation/rumours.

razor787
04-13-2015, 06:07 PM
I just read on the tfc site that we received allocation becauase Vancouver sigbed Cristian Techara who we had first refusal to.

Does anyone know anything about this guy? I've never heard of him before

OgtheDim
04-13-2015, 07:01 PM
I just read on the tfc site that we received allocation becauase Vancouver sigbed Cristian Techara who we had first refusal to.

Does anyone know anything about this guy? I've never heard of him before

He was a potential plan b if Seba and (insert names that include Altidore) were not signed. There is also some speculation he was also still being considered as an allocation paid down player before Cheyrou was signed.

Mariner level scouting indicates he's a left sided midfielder with more ball control skills then Manneh. He gives VCWC some maturity if teams do what we did in the second half in Vancouver.

Once Cheyrou was signed, he was not coming here.

molenshtain
04-13-2015, 08:46 PM
really looking forward/scared out of my fucking mind for the unions contract list to come out this year. really want to know how much we're having to pay down Cheyrou and Perquis with garber money.

Qman
04-13-2015, 08:53 PM
He was a potential plan b if Seba and (insert names that include Altidore) were not signed. There is also some speculation he was also still being considered as an allocation paid down player before Cheyrou was signed.

Mariner level scouting indicates he's a left sided midfielder with more ball control skills then Manneh. He gives VCWC some maturity if teams do what we did in the second half in Vancouver.

Reportedly he is also slightly shorter than plata.

Vancouver has good relationships in south america and saw him during their numerous scouting trips last year.

razor787
04-14-2015, 01:16 AM

So essentially we got something for someone who was no longer even on our radar. I'll take it.

Auzzy
04-14-2015, 02:47 PM
I hardly listen to TFC interviews anymore, I usually can't stand it, heard it all before.

However, I like this guy, I like what Cheyrou has to say:

http://www.torontofc.ca/video/2015/04/14/benoit-cheyrou-april-14-2015

jloome
04-14-2015, 05:35 PM
I hardly listen to TFC interviews anymore, I usually can't stand it, heard it all before.

However, I like this guy, I like what Cheyrou has to say:

http://www.torontofc.ca/video/2015/04/14/benoit-cheyrou-april-14-2015

I suspect he's a very patient man; almost all of the questions were cultural, instead of about the team and the defence.

Initial B
04-15-2015, 12:23 PM
Just noted that Jurgen Klopp is leaving Dortmund at the end of the season. Any possibility MLSE will throw a wheelbarrow full of money at him to take over for Vanney? Or maybe as a consultant for a couple of months to give the coaching team pointers?

molenshtain
04-15-2015, 12:26 PM
uhh no.

OgtheDim
04-15-2015, 02:27 PM
They could throw less money at Arena and get him for next season.

PopePouri
04-15-2015, 02:47 PM
Just noted that Jurgen Klopp is leaving Dortmund at the end of the season. Any possibility MLSE will throw a wheelbarrow full of money at him to take over for Vanney? Or maybe as a consultant for a couple of months to give the coaching team pointers?

LMAO!

Shway
04-16-2015, 02:15 AM

cute idea....extremely unlikely

barticusz
04-16-2015, 10:00 AM
Klopp... yea .. right... .. back to my cave.

Milanista
04-16-2015, 01:10 PM
Alberto Aquilani could move to MLS at the end of the season, according to the Fiorentina man’s agent.
The midfielder’s current deal expires at the end of this season, and it was revealed in March (http://www.football-italia.net/64293/agent-%E2%80%98no-news-aquilani-renewal%E2%80%99) that no talks had taken place.
With the former Liverpool man’s affairs now being handled by a new agent, Andrea D’Amico, there is a possibility he could follow Sebastian Giovinco to MLS.
“Aquilani is a top player,” D’Amico told SportItalia.
“He’s a player with a great record. I haven’t spoken to anyone, but I’m sure we’ll get a satisfactory outcome, a high-level project, whether that’s in Italy or abroad.
“MLS, where Giovinco now plays will soon become an important League, with all the multimedia communication which we’ve neglected.”

OgtheDim
04-16-2015, 01:52 PM
Any team with a hole in the midfield could do with him but he won't come cheap, either in transfer or wages.

ronzilla
04-16-2015, 02:12 PM
Alberto Aquilani could move to MLS at the end of the season, according to the Fiorentina man’s agent.
The midfielder’s current deal expires at the end of this season, and it was revealed in March (http://www.football-italia.net/64293/agent-%E2%80%98no-news-aquilani-renewal%E2%80%99) that no talks had taken place.
With the former Liverpool man’s affairs now being handled by a new agent, Andrea D’Amico, there is a possibility he could follow Sebastian Giovinco to MLS.
“Aquilani is a top player,” D’Amico told SportItalia.
“He’s a player with a great record. I haven’t spoken to anyone, but I’m sure we’ll get a satisfactory outcome, a high-level project, whether that’s in Italy or abroad.
“MLS, where Giovinco now plays will soon become an important League, with all the multimedia communication which we’ve neglected.”

Would be great to see Aquilani in MLS and De Rossi has also hinted at a move.

I would also like to see the reds splash cash at Mexes g:D

gate7
04-18-2015, 01:22 PM
any idea on how much allocation we have?

Shway
04-18-2015, 03:36 PM
any idea on how much allocation we have?

Nobody knows how much allocation we have.
I'm still trying to find out the 2015 roster rules.

MightyDM
04-18-2015, 03:58 PM
Why did Larsen tweet about Eckerlsey yesterday? Is there something there? He would be a great fit right now but who do you lose off the roster and how do you afford him?

MartinUtd
04-18-2015, 05:10 PM
Why did Larsen tweet about Eckerlsey yesterday? Is there something there? He would be a great fit right now but who do you lose off the roster and how do you afford him?

This one?

Find myself wondering where Richard Eckersley is. Based on a Google search, he's unattached. Where will he land? #TFC #RBNY

I think he's just musing about our need for cover at fullback. Even if Ecks was back on the radar it wouldn't be for anything close to what we paid him before.

Also, noticed Larsen posted a screenshot of the RPB board (something about portu not liking him). Is he a professional journalist?

UltraSuperMegaMo
04-19-2015, 09:12 PM
Something I saw on fb, someone suggested Dike requested a trade and that Seattle was interested.

[NBF]
04-19-2015, 10:04 PM
I was watching "La Grand Giostra de Gol" on RAI and I thought I heard something about Sebastian Giovinco, PSG, NYC, and LA. I dont know what they were talking about b/c I dont speak Italian. Can anyone figure out a connection? It might have been about rumours of other players, or Giovinco's brace on Saturday.

Frings22
04-20-2015, 11:17 AM
Quick question guys, when's the earliest that we can sign some free agents?

Areathrasher
04-20-2015, 11:20 AM
Quick question guys, when's the earliest that we can sign some free agents?

We could sign FAs right now.

Lack of roster spots and cap space is the problem.

Ultra & Proud
04-20-2015, 11:20 AM
Trades will be the thing. Bez did okay with them last year but this year he will have to be magic to dump some overpriced utility players (Findlay) and to get anything useful to fill our week spots.

Shway
04-21-2015, 08:08 AM
Trades will be the thing. Bez did okay with them last year but this year he will have to be magic to dump some overpriced utility players (Findlay) and to get anything useful to fill our week spots.

Issey for Warner? ...that was a bad trade. Horrible one.

Areathrasher
04-21-2015, 08:14 AM

Given the fact Issey barely played for Montreal and is now playing in Singapore, is it?

OgtheDim
04-21-2015, 08:21 AM

Given how Warner has played this season, I would say no. He's a capable back up.

Ultra & Proud
04-21-2015, 08:21 AM
Given the fact Issey barely played for Montreal and is now playing in Singapore, is it?
People have rose colored glasses when objectively critiquing CMNT players.

Greatest Ripoff
04-21-2015, 09:12 AM

Give me a break. You guys basically ran Doneil Henry out of town because you thought he wasn't as good as haggland. If anything there is a negative bias to Canadian players.

Ultra & Proud
04-21-2015, 09:25 AM
Give me a break. You guys basically ran Doneil Henry out of town because you thought he wasn't as good as haggland. If anything there is a negative bias to Canadian players.
Never said that myself. I was never one of the people crying about his rash challenges or even his penalty brigade early on last season. Happens with young guys. And he didn't get run out of town. He moved up the ladder and that's what all young players with talent should be looking at doing.

Fort York Redcoat
04-21-2015, 09:34 AM

You've both been around long enough to know you're both right.

There are strong biases for and against our own National players.

I'm always happy for more attention on them. That attention and hoping for their best shouldn't be confused with overexpecting on their output.

OgtheDim
04-21-2015, 11:02 AM
Give me a break. You guys basically ran Doneil Henry out of town ...

If he was run out of town, I don't think he'd be going to West Ham, especially as the transfer to start that process happened before we even drafted Hagglund.

Shway
04-21-2015, 04:34 PM

Given the fact that Issey barely played with us, but had an immediate impact with 2 goals in 5 games, where warner was giving up goals last year throughout multiple games, yes it is!

Given how Warner has played this season, I would say no. He's a capable back up.

Given the fact that we are struggling with our wide play, by putting strikers and central midfields on the wing this season. I would say yes. We don't need a capable backup of Warners style, considering the fact that we brought Cheyrou in this year. Yes, Bradley will be gone for multiple games, but thats where the younger players get their chance. i.e. Delgado

Nevertheless this is all hindsight, which is all things TFC.

Areathrasher
04-23-2015, 09:59 AM
http://www.torontofc.ca/news/2015/04/come-you-reds-episode-7

Some interesting stuff in here about some trade rumors. Bez looking for defenders. There are apparently veteran defenders on the trade block.

ManUtd4ever
04-23-2015, 10:25 AM
We definitely need defensive reinforcements, but goalkeeping has been an issue as well. I think our record would be respectable with quality goaltending over the last few games. Bendik has been sub par.

OgtheDim
04-23-2015, 10:44 AM
http://www.torontofc.ca/news/2015/04/come-you-reds-episode-7

Some interesting stuff in here about some trade rumors. Bez looking for defenders. There are apparently veteran defenders on the trade block.

There's rumours about Besler not being happy at SKC, but we would need to free up some serious cap room for that to happen.

Areathrasher
04-23-2015, 10:49 AM
There's rumours about Besler not being happy at SKC, but we would need to free up some serious cap room for that to happen.

He's a DP. Not happening.

reggie
04-23-2015, 11:57 AM
does anybody know why this club is so anti SA and CA when it comes to signing players,actually you can add AFRICAN players to that list.

Pint
04-23-2015, 12:01 PM
We have signed a few good south american players we just don't keep them for longer than a year (laba, urruti, gilberto etc)

reggie
04-23-2015, 12:09 PM
Laba and Urruti were signed by the the other gm...Gilberto Probs a RN signing.im talking about bez...

Stress
04-23-2015, 12:12 PM
does anybody know why this club is so anti SA and CA when it comes to signing players,actually you can add AFRICAN players to that list.

Lets not forget busts like Aceval (Chile) and Caicedo (Ecuador)!

Yohan
04-23-2015, 12:19 PM
Lets not forget busts like Aceval (Chile) and Caicedo (Ecuador)!
Or Saric, the other Julio Cesar.

African players? Sanyang? Gomez? Nane? Borman?

Alonso
04-23-2015, 12:25 PM

... or Pablo Vitti

Areathrasher
04-23-2015, 12:29 PM

Nigerian international Bright Dike

molenshtain
04-23-2015, 12:33 PM
shut up guys! that doesn't fit the narrative!

Areathrasher
04-23-2015, 12:34 PM
Or before Giovinco became an option they were down in SA scouting

TOBOR !
04-23-2015, 12:37 PM

You may as well list all the other parts of the world TFC hasn't signed players from.

They're not against signing anybody, they're just really shit at getting anyone of quality for value, and they have no clue where to look.

OgtheDim
04-23-2015, 12:41 PM
Or that a plan C South American that was scouted went to Vancouver for Garber bucks just last week.

Areathrasher
04-23-2015, 12:42 PM
Or that Kristian Jack said the went to Italy to talk/scout to Chilean Mati Fernandez

This is fun :)

Areathrasher
04-24-2015, 01:17 PM
Nicoḷ Schira‏@NicoSchira (https://twitter.com/NicoSchira)

Dopo #Giovinco (https://twitter.com/hashtag/Giovinco?src=hash) altri italiani possono approdare in #MLS (https://twitter.com/hashtag/MLS?src=hash) e al #Toronto (https://twitter.com/hashtag/Toronto?src=hash): nel mirino ci sono #Santacroce (https://twitter.com/hashtag/Santacroce?src=hash) e #Galloppa (https://twitter.com/hashtag/Galloppa?src=hash) del #Parma (https://twitter.com/hashtag/Parma?src=hash). #CalcioMarket (https://twitter.com/hashtag/CalcioMarket?src=hash)

Translation After #Giovinco other Italians can dock in #MLS and #toronto : viewfinder there are #Santacroce and #Galloppa of #Parma . #CalcioMarket

Milanista
04-24-2015, 01:41 PM
santacroce when he came up, was a HUGE prospect then he flopped...not sure how hes doing now, but at one point he was gonna make the national team. We dont need anymore big names, we just need solid players

OgtheDim
04-24-2015, 01:49 PM
Hmm...how many Int spots left

Giovinco
Caldwell
Perquis
Cheyrou
Jackson

RealG-TFC
04-24-2015, 02:36 PM
Hmm...how many Int spots left

Giovinco
Caldwell
Perquis
Cheyrou
Jackson

I think Jackson has a green card.

ag futbol
04-24-2015, 02:38 PM
Not sure how the creative mid fits our needs (or our budget).

ManUtd4ever
04-24-2015, 03:02 PM
A starting CB should be our first priority. Our creativity on the attack has not really been an area of concern.

Yohan
04-24-2015, 03:55 PM
Not sure how the creative mid fits our needs (or our budget).
we do need a back up CAM. no other playmakers outside Giovinco. though it's hard to find an affordable CAM in MLS

ag futbol
04-24-2015, 04:36 PM
we do need a back up CAM. no other playmakers outside Giovinco. though it's hard to find an affordable CAM in MLS
It would seem like a pretty luxurious option. I'd use that money somewhere else. Unless he's capable of starting in place of Osorio, that's too much money tied up to be a sub.

If we had a better RB, like a real modern one that is rare for this league, we'd be destroying teams right now. Creavalle and company have acres of space and do very little with it. Teams are cheating to the middle because that's where all our quality is. Little balance would make everyone more dangerous.

ronzilla
04-24-2015, 05:08 PM
This is not a backup CAM. Its to allow Seba to permanently play up front with a creative midfielder.

Yohan
04-24-2015, 05:12 PM
It would seem like a pretty luxurious option. I'd use that money somewhere else. Unless he's capable of starting in place of Osorio, that's too much money tied up to be a sub.

If we had a better RB, like a real modern one that is rare for this league, we'd be destroying teams right now. Creavalle and company have acres of space and do very little with it. Teams are cheating to the middle because that's where all our quality is. Little balance would make everyone more dangerous.
if Gio goes down, we're pretty much stuck playing Nelsen ball. You win in MLS by quality of your depth.

dupont
04-24-2015, 06:19 PM
if Gio goes down, we're pretty much stuck playing Nelsen ball. You win in MLS by quality of your depth.

That's for sure. If you think about it, our starting defenders are actually pretty decent. We've been burned horribly so far this season since a couple got injured and we have terrible defensive depth.

ag futbol
04-24-2015, 06:20 PM
I don't think it's as bad of an issue as last year. We have a CB that can play the ball and two midfielders who have a wide range of passing. Our primary forward is better at holding up the ball than the options we had last year. Wide play needs to be more educated ... But otherwise this team is far from struggling going forward.

I wouldn't complain if we got someone else, but it's not high up my list.

Yohan
04-24-2015, 06:31 PM
I don't think it's as bad of an issue as last year. We have a CB that can play the ball and two midfielders who have a wide range of passing. Our primary forward is better at holding up the ball than the options we had last year. Wide play needs to be more educated ... But otherwise this team is far from struggling going forward.

I wouldn't complain if we got someone else, but it's not high up my list.
The entire team is built around having some sort of playmaker. Bradley and Cheyrou can pass, but they don't have the 'flair' factor that all good playmakers have. A good passer is not necessarily a good playmaker.

I suppose the plan B is playing flat 4-4-2 which the team is already used to, but Vanney's system revolves around an advanced playmaker of some sort.

Areathrasher
04-25-2015, 11:59 AM
Bez in Italy

http://gianlucadimarzio.com/en/calciomercato/toronto-fcs-bezbatchenko-attends-frosinone-carpi-tomorrow-hell-be-in-parma/

Danilo Soddimo and Jerry Mbakogu mentioned

OgtheDim
04-25-2015, 12:16 PM
.Danilo Soddimo and Jerry Mbakogu mentioned

Hmm....a 27 year old winger and a 22 year old Nigerian forward

Mbakogu scored a goal every 156 minutes in Serie B play this season. Just moved on a free 2 months agao and under contract until 2019. Can't see the need.

Areathrasher
04-25-2015, 12:24 PM
Yea from a quick look they don't fit a need and are expensive. Loan maybe?

reggie
04-25-2015, 12:38 PM
maybe BEZ is scouting for the whitecaps..:facepalm:

ronzilla
04-25-2015, 12:47 PM
Need CB and RB.

Anything else is gravy.

Ossington Mental Youth
04-25-2015, 02:48 PM
Rumors of Bez in Italy seem to be around, not sure i believe we are tapping offensive players tho

markie8002000
04-25-2015, 05:42 PM
Kurt Larson just tweeted this :

Bezbatchenko in Italy. Reds looking at Italians, yes. But also have identified multiple players at multiple positions in France/Spain.

shwade
04-25-2015, 05:58 PM
Good. We need players who were trained in europe to be on the same page as the top guys on our team. These MLSers throw everything out of whack, especially in the midfield.

ensco
04-25-2015, 06:12 PM
I have an idea. Why don't we try to compete based on some sort of idea of what works in MLS, instead of trying to invent something for the fifth time?

RMFE

OgtheDim
04-25-2015, 06:24 PM
More to that Larson stream of consciousness

https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/590549435186196480/t8cosiWj_normal.jpg Kurtis Larson @KurtLarSUN (https://twitter.com/KurtLarSUN) · 39m 39 minutes ago (https://twitter.com/KurtLarSUN/status/592096126502903808)

Kurtis Larson retweeted Sahal Abdi
Players wouldn't be DPs.

I'm told club is looking at multiple positions. As I said, TFC isn't just scouting Italy.

Yes. Moves would need to be made.
Kurtis Larson added,
Pedro Da Cunha @pedrodacunha1 @KurtLarSUN Wouldn't TFC have to trade/release players first to sign new ones. Club is at max 28 players.

Roster room will be made.

They're attempting to. There are multiple players -- not necessarily Italian -- on the club's shopping list.
Kurtis Larson added,
Pedro Da Cunha @pedrodacunha1 @KurtLarSUN @prizby Hi Kurt. Do you see TFC making a new signing before MLS transfer deadline?

molenshtain
04-25-2015, 07:03 PM
Moore, Zavaleta, Jackson, Bendik, Dike, Findley, creavalle and Caldwell are possible trade bait. We also have multiple internationla spots open I believe.

mcolvy
04-25-2015, 07:30 PM
Dike and Jackson are my guesses to get dealt.

notthesun
04-25-2015, 08:29 PM
Moore, Zavaleta, Jackson, Bendik, Dike, Findley, creavalle and Caldwell are possible trade bait. We also have multiple internationla spots open I believe.

Nobody would take Caldwell or Findley.

I'd look to move Moore, Warner or Dike.

molenshtain
04-25-2015, 08:43 PM
Nobody would take Caldwell or Findley.

I'd look to move Moore, Warner or Dike.

I know it's unlikely that anyone would take either of them. but say someone takes findley/caldwell plus jackson or moore off our hands for something slightly more than nothing, then we sign two players from outside the league or one and bring up somoene from TFC 2. We dump salary and still upgrade our squad, the other team gets two usable squad players for a very small price.

ag futbol
04-25-2015, 09:22 PM
I have an idea. Why don't we try to compete based on some sort of idea of what works in MLS, instead of trying to invent something for the fifth time?

Probably because that would just be an admission of failure.

Why go to Central America and pay 1/3 of the price for a quality player when you can blow your brains out competing with euro wages?

ensco
04-26-2015, 07:45 AM

Why go to Central America and pay 1/3 of the price for a quality player when you can blow your brains out competing with euro wages?

That wouldn't be fun though, would it? Who the hell wants to travel to Colombia or Honduras? And how would that help you get invited to parties with Richard Branson or the Aga Khan? Or keep your name in the tabloids to help you get your next job?

Ultra & Proud
04-26-2015, 08:29 AM

Serie B wages aren't that high and there would most likely be no idiotic South and Central American blown up transfer fees that would make the players DPs. Beyond that, signing cheap players from any non-North American region is a crap shoot.

Ossington Mental Youth
04-26-2015, 09:32 AM
Dike and Jackson are my guesses to get dealt.

Dike and Creavalle for me

Ossington Mental Youth
04-26-2015, 09:33 AM
Serie B wages aren't that high and there would most likely be no idiotic South and Central American blown up transfer fees that would make the players DPs. Beyond that, signing cheap players from any non-North American region is a crap shoot.

Yep, plus same language = potential cohesion

ronzilla
04-26-2015, 09:33 AM
David Amoyal
26-04-2015 16:02

Toronto continues to look in Italy to find ways to improve. Yesterday the Canadian club's general manager Tim Bezbatchenko attended Frosinone-Carpi, while today he's at the Tardini stadium to watch Parma-Palermo, he is accompanied by Giovinco's agent D'Amico. There are numerous players who could interest Toronto, including midfielders Mauri and Nocerino, the former Milan midfielder could be an intriguing addition to the MLS team. Toronto continues to shop in Italy, Bezbatchenko's tour stopped in Parma today.

Detroit_TFC
04-26-2015, 09:49 AM
Amoyal says Parma players haven't been paid in months. I suggested that maybe they will be loan deals, which he agreed with. But it would seem to me that TFC would be low in the pecking order for the decent players, and some of these players aren't particularly what we need. Why would we get Nocerino? He is a central midfielder.

http://gianlucadimarzio.com/en/calciomercato/toronto-fcs-bezbatchenko-attends-parma-palermo-the-players-on-his-scouting-list/

portu
04-26-2015, 10:06 AM
I trust that Bez knows what he's doing when it comes to formulating our roster positionally at least

mowe
04-26-2015, 10:14 AM
So what are our needs right now? A centreback for sure. A destroyer DM would be nice. Some wide players too? Hard to lock it down when I'm not sure what formation Vanney prefers.

AdamAM
04-26-2015, 10:53 AM
And then next year when all of our allocation that is being used to pay these Euro players wages down to reasonable levels is gone we're left with ______________ :rolleyes:

ronzilla
04-26-2015, 10:54 AM
I'm sure Bez is aware that the team needs help at the back, although WOW Mauri and Nocerino are quality players. Did not expect these names to come up.

Milanista
04-26-2015, 11:02 AM
Mauri and Nocerino are good players, who could be really good players in MLS. Going after these types of players could be huge for us, specially that they are not DP

ag futbol
04-26-2015, 11:27 AM
The transfer fees haven't been that bad for the clubs who have dealt shrewdly in those markets, especially in Central America.

I'm just pointing to a formula that works for the rest of the league. Europe has always been a secondary consideration. Even if there's no money in Italy there are plenty of other places on the continent that pay good wages that will drive the asking price up.

Doing what we are we'll continue to play the Steve Caldwell's of the world 300+ while other teams fine equivalent players for less elsewhere.

shwade
04-26-2015, 11:59 AM
Mauri is old as shit. Nocerino would be nice, he can play as a defensive mid and all over the midfield.

ronzilla
04-26-2015, 12:04 PM
Mauri is old as shit. Nocerino would be nice, he can play as a defensive mid and all over the midfield.

It's Jose Mauri from Parma who is 18 years old. Not Stephano Mauri.

portu
04-26-2015, 12:12 PM
Thing is with Nocerino, who would be AMAZING, where do we find the money for that? How many players do we have to shift? Two, three, maybe four?

notthesun
04-26-2015, 12:27 PM
Amoyal says Parma players haven't been paid in months. I suggested that maybe they will be loan deals, which he agreed with. But it would seem to me that TFC would be low in the pecking order for the decent players, and some of these players aren't particularly what we need. Why would we get Nocerino? He is a central midfielder.

http://gianlucadimarzio.com/en/calciomercato/toronto-fcs-bezbatchenko-attends-parma-palermo-the-players-on-his-scouting-list/

Parma is indeed crumbling to pieces at the moment, the club has declared bankruptcy and the holding company which owns the club has also declared bankruptcy. It's been sold for €1 twice in the last four months. If we insist for some ungodly reason on going to Europe to look for more pieces it's not a bad place to start.

ag futbol
04-26-2015, 12:51 PM
Thing is with Nocerino, who would be AMAZING, where do we find the money for that? How many players do we have to shift? Two, three, maybe four?
That would be a hell of a pickup, no denying that.

shwade
04-26-2015, 12:55 PM
It's Jose Mauri from Parma who is 18 years old. Not Stephano Mauri.

Ahh ok, that would be nice.

shwade
04-26-2015, 01:08 PM
They should have some sort of cap exemption for players brought in on loan.

ronzilla
04-26-2015, 01:37 PM
Ahh ok, that would be nice.

Yeah, I also thought it was Stephano at first, and found it strange to be bringing
a 37 year old.

Nocerino would be a huge boost in the midfield.

Ossington Mental Youth
04-26-2015, 01:50 PM
Agreed he'd be a boost but that's not where we need help

portu
04-26-2015, 04:01 PM
Imagine a three man midfield of Cheyrou, Bradley and Nocerino. It would DOMINATE games

Detroit_TFC
04-26-2015, 04:28 PM
Parma is indeed crumbling to pieces at the moment, the club has declared bankruptcy and the holding company which owns the club has also declared bankruptcy. It's been sold for €1 twice in the last four months. If we insist for some ungodly reason on going to Europe to look for more pieces it's not a bad place to start.

Absolutely! What I don't know is why they haven't already been picked clean by other teams in Italy, let alone other Euro teams, or beyond. I'm sure SB's agent is helping to get TFC's foot in the door, stranger things have happened I guess.

shwade
04-26-2015, 04:37 PM
Yeah, I also thought it was Stephano at first, and found it strange to be bringing
a 37 year old.

Nocerino would be a huge boost in the midfield.

Did a quick Google search...apparently Chelsea, Bayern and Juventus are interested in him, don't see how we would be an option in comparison. Guaranteed playing time here though.

Calcio
04-26-2015, 11:03 PM
Hi, new here.
I'm a huge Serie A fan living in Toronto - just my 2 cents:
1) Jose Mauri: No way he goes to MLS...He is one of Serie A's better young players. He actually scored the winner in that match where Parma beat Juve a few weeks back. Either a big Italian club will pick him up or he'll go to another big league.
2) Nocerino is totally reasonable. He has been on the decline since his days in Milan and before Parma, Torino got rid of him. He is still a good player, but definitely his stock fell a lot. He also can apparently speak English fairly well.
3) Given Bez was at Parma's match with D'Amico, I think Santacroce is a possibility due to the reports, and the fact that he is D'Amico's client and he never plays. He is 28 now, born in Brazil, but grew up in Italy. He has never been able to crack Parma's starting 11.
4) Parma haven't been paid since June 2014. It's a terrible situation and it's shocking more haven't left the team. The only two that did were Antonio Cassano, and Felipe.
5) Reports out of Italy today mention Francesco Bolzoni and Ishak Belfodil. Bolzoni may make sense but Belfodil seems redundant. Both are represented by D'Amico's company.

reggie
04-26-2015, 11:31 PM
what pos does santacroce play on D?

Calcio
04-27-2015, 03:01 AM
what pos does santacroce play on D?

Primarily central defender, but can also play right back.

Areathrasher
04-27-2015, 08:07 AM
If the Parma players haven't been paid in that long they can void their contracts and become free agents. So there'd be no transfer fee.

gmacpheetfc
04-27-2015, 08:35 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adnan_Januzaj

Sophomore slumper that could use a pre-season loan deal to MLS?

Milanista
04-27-2015, 08:57 AM
belfodil was one of the biggest prospects in serie a 3 years ago, then went to inter and flopped.

I would of looked at a winger/fullback like Armero

Hi, new here.
I'm a huge Serie A fan living in Toronto - just my 2 cents:
1) Jose Mauri: No way he goes to MLS...He is one of Serie A's better young players. He actually scored the winner in that match where Parma beat Juve a few weeks back. Either a big Italian club will pick him up or he'll go to another big league.
2) Nocerino is totally reasonable. He has been on the decline since his days in Milan and before Parma, Torino got rid of him. He is still a good player, but definitely his stock fell a lot. He also can apparently speak English fairly well.
3) Given Bez was at Parma's match with D'Amico, I think Santacroce is a possibility due to the reports, and the fact that he is D'Amico's client and he never plays. He is 28 now, born in Brazil, but grew up in Italy. He has never been able to crack Parma's starting 11.
4) Parma haven't been paid since June 2014. It's a terrible situation and it's shocking more haven't left the team. The only two that did were Antonio Cassano, and Felipe.
5) Reports out of Italy today mention Francesco Bolzoni and Ishak Belfodil. Bolzoni may make sense but Belfodil seems redundant. Both are represented by D'Amico's company.

Ultra & Proud
04-27-2015, 09:14 AM
MLS Rumors saying DIke could be sold to Tijuana if no MLS takers.

Detroit_TFC
04-27-2015, 09:43 AM
That would be a mistake. We're going to need him during Gold Cup.

PopePouri
04-27-2015, 09:50 AM
That would be a mistake. We're going to need him during Gold Cup.

Luke Moore will do a job and he's better with his feet.

C.Ronaldo
04-27-2015, 09:52 AM
we keep playing findley but Dike gets sold?

I really want to see him play!

shwade
04-27-2015, 09:52 AM
Luke Moore will do a job and he's better with his feet.

What's the salary difference? If it's the same I'd rather keep Dike, he doesn't stand around and whine.

PopePouri
04-27-2015, 09:55 AM
What's the salary difference? If it's the same I'd rather keep Dike, he doesn't stand around and whine.

It's about quality especially if you want Gio to play off the forward. That means running the channels, smart touches and holding up the ball. Dike is pretty much a bruiser.

Ultra & Proud
04-27-2015, 10:11 AM
Potential Dike sale is all about who they would be signing from Italy.

If I were Bez I would float Creavalle and Findlay throughout MLS. For Findlay I would accept one of our customary 4th rounders. There is probably a market for Creavalle.

Areathrasher
04-27-2015, 10:13 AM
Potential Dike sale is all about who they would be signing from Italy.

If I were Bez I would float Creavalle and Findlay throughout MLS. For Findlay I would accept one of our customary 4th rounders. There is probably a market for Creavalle.

I'm sure Dom would like him at SJ.

ManUtd4ever
04-27-2015, 10:16 AM
Dike is a formidable backup target forward, but he is extremely injury prone. It might be best to move on.

Areathrasher
04-27-2015, 11:53 AM
Giddy up

Kurtis Larson ‏@KurtLarSUN (https://twitter.com/KurtLarSUN) 18s18 seconds ago (https://twitter.com/KurtLarSUN/status/592732793878269952)
Going to drop a bit of TFC roster news very shortly. Stay tuned...

Pint
04-27-2015, 12:00 PM
Dike to NASL San Antonio Scorpions on loan

Smokecell
04-27-2015, 12:00 PM
Dike to San Antonio on loan official

EDIT: ^beat me to it. Will be good to get some playing time and free up a roster spot I believe?

Ultra & Proud
04-27-2015, 12:05 PM
Dike to San Antonio on loan official

EDIT: ^beat me to it. Will be good to get some playing time and free up a roster spot I believe?
For sure and if he can play and prove that his legs can take playing regular football then I think we'll be looking to offload him.