PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have a MLS Live Promo Code?

Alonso
03-06-2015, 06:21 PM
I missed the early renewal discount.... and I can't seem to find any on the interwebes.

Anyone know of any promo codes?

backbeat
03-06-2015, 09:00 PM
the thing i'd like to know is how does one get around the blackout?

i don't have TSN - that's one of the reasons i bought MLS live but now the TFC games, on the whole, are blacked out

does anyone know how to alter, like Netflix, ones ISP to appear outside toronto??

PopePouri
03-06-2015, 09:08 PM
the thing i'd like to know is how does one get around the blackout?

i don't have TSN - that's one of the reasons i bought MLS live but now the TFC games, on the whole, are blacked out

does anyone know how to alter, like Netflix, ones ISP to appear outside toronto??

If you have Chrome, download the Zenmate extension.

Areathrasher
03-06-2015, 09:15 PM
The 10 or 11 Sportsnet TFC games won't blacked out

Alonso
03-06-2015, 09:44 PM

Thanks man, going to definitely try this.

Been using Tunnel Bear until now.... Zenmate looks easier

PopePouri
03-06-2015, 10:01 PM
Thanks man, going to definitely try this.

Been using Tunnel Bear until now.... Zenmate looks easier

It is. I'm not sure what they've done this year, but typically it only authenticates your location when the stream loads. Once that's done, you can turn it off.

Auzzy
03-06-2015, 10:03 PM
Spanish commentary for the opening match on MLS Live?!?!

OgtheDim
03-06-2015, 10:09 PM

Every Friday night game is in Spanish ONLY.

Trying to find an English stream, as there is some indication that this game is being shown on Eurosport.

Alonso
03-06-2015, 10:10 PM

LOL... my limited spanish pays off again!

Auzzy
03-06-2015, 10:20 PM
MLS Live has now switched to English... Probably just the commentators before the game & at half time will be Spanish. LOL I started learning Spanish once, many years ago... Hopeless unfortunately.

Alonso
03-06-2015, 10:24 PM

Dude. Seems to work great!

TFC game tomorrow unlocked.

Alonso
03-06-2015, 10:45 PM
It is. I'm not sure what they've done this year, but typically it only authenticates your location when the stream loads. Once that's done, you can turn it off.

Yeah turning it off is necessary, the stream stutters when its on.... download speed is slower.

backbeat
03-06-2015, 10:51 PM

thanks!! - worked like a charm as it shows as unlocked - what do you meant by 'turn it off'??

Alonso
03-06-2015, 10:58 PM
thanks!! - worked like a charm as it shows as unlocked - what do you meant by 'turn it off'??

Left click on the green "star trek" icon on the top right hand side of your browser.

Turn the thing off. The icon will go gray.

Basically when its green they are running your internet traffic through a 3rd party server. When you turn it off you have direct internet and faster streaming speeds,

backbeat
03-06-2015, 11:32 PM
Left click on the green "star trek" icon on the top right hand side of your browser.

Turn the thing off. The icon will go gray.

Basically when its green they are running your internet traffic through a 3rd party server. When you turn it off you have direct internet and faster streaming speeds,

excellent - thx!

Manager87
03-07-2015, 12:15 AM
Suggest download a app callwd USTREAM just watched the galaxy-fire game quality was perfect

JuliquE
03-09-2015, 02:56 PM
Couple things I thought I'd add:

Zenmate isn't exclusive to Chrome; I've been using it on Opera for quite some time, now.

I also noticed that you always need to disguise yourself as connecting from Canada, U.S. or Mexico, in order to sign on, but you can navigate and connect to streams with a UK IP. I attributed that to there being contracts worked out for coverage of the league in that region. On Saturday, I forgot to turn the thing on, when looking to switch streams, once our game concluded, and I noticed I was able to navigate around in the same way I was with a UK IP.. and then I remembered about the recent Eurosport deal.

Hopefully that helps one or two of you guys out, whether you're in Canada/U.S. and want to avoid blackouts (no need to take your chances with a U.S. IP, that may ALSO be blocked), or you're connecting from somewhere in Europe (turn off any VPN, after initial log in, for easier experience).

CanadaLFC
03-20-2015, 04:25 PM
Not sure if mentioned before, but if you want to get around the MLS Live location check on ANDROID, you can download an app called "Fake GPS". Make sure that it is on(put the pin on the US) and your location based services are OFF. Open MLS Live (you may have to log in again) and it should now let you access any blacked-out Canadian games.

For a desktop/laptop, you can download a google chrome extension called "Zenmate" and set location to USA. It should work for you. As said before it's actually not a Chrome exclusive extension.