PDA

View Full Version : All because Cunny missed by a millimeter....

ensco
07-23-2008, 06:38 PM
....what a festival of darkness!! OK I know it's about a lot more than that, but none of this would be happening if he'd scored.

But I'm spent. I don't have much more footy anger left in me.

I've changed my mind, I'm wearing red and cheering for the MLS guys tomorrow. I'm also singing for West Ham. Hopefully the sun will shine.

(But I'll do the beer protest, whenever that comes along.)

Section 117
07-23-2008, 06:41 PM
I am going to be neutral. I just want to watch a decent match thats all

Blazer
07-23-2008, 06:42 PM
Your frustration is controlling your sober second thought process. Don't forget what the protest is all about. Nothing to do with the team's on pitch woes.

Blazer
07-23-2008, 06:43 PM
Being neutral is fine, just don't stand, cheer for Brennan only, and wear black.

ensco
07-23-2008, 06:43 PM
Your frustration is controlling your sober second thought process.

That is a funny line! Nice.

Blazer
07-23-2008, 06:45 PM
It's been a miserable day.

colman1860
07-23-2008, 07:44 PM
This protest will be completely ineffective. We announced it too early. MLS knew we were wearing black, so they made their jerseys black. When we noticed this a week ago, I suggested that we should change the protest to staying out of our seats (closing off the south end) for the first 15 minutes. This type of protest is often seen in Europe and is very effective imo. However, I was told that it was too late to make a change. Oh well. I will wear black to BMO tomorrow night. I don’t really care who wins, I just want to see some good footy. Protest or not.

Bloor West FC
07-23-2008, 07:46 PM
I will be watching it from Shoeless Joe's. I finish work at 7:30 so i gave my tickets up. hope it is a great game.

Draracle
07-23-2008, 08:02 PM
seeing as the Allstars are dressed in black, you can still wear black.

I'll be cheering for the Allstars, they are our league -- and supporting the EPL in our house is worse than supporting our MLS enemies. And hell, some of these guys never get a real show of support at home -- I can think of no worse punishment to place on my enemy than jealousy.

OneLoveOneEric
07-23-2008, 08:52 PM
Dude, if you think MLS made the jerseys black because of this planned protest, your head is waaaaaaay up your own ass.

Ratven
07-23-2008, 09:13 PM
I don't know if you saw this, but the original planned jerseys were blue and red.

Ehsan
07-23-2008, 09:38 PM
Dude, if you think MLS made the jerseys black because of this planned protest, your head is waaaaaaay up your own ass.

well put! lmao

zeelaw
07-23-2008, 09:54 PM
Your frustration is controlling your sober second thought process. Don't forget what the protest is all about. Nothing to do with the team's on pitch woes.

Yea, seriously. How are people getting this confused... we would be doing the same if we won yesterday.

UltraSuperMegaMo
07-23-2008, 10:01 PM
....what a festival of darkness!! OK I know it's about a lot more than that, but none of this would be happening if he'd scored.

But I'm spent. I don't have much more footy anger left in me.

I've changed my mind, I'm wearing red and cheering for the MLS guys tomorrow. I'm also singing for West Ham. Hopefully the sun will shine.

(But I'll do the beer protest, whenever that comes along.)

I was thinking that myself. Would Cunningham have gone from zero to hero, or would people still hate like he’s Hilter's and Jeffery Dalhmer’s love child?

I honestly can’t help but feel a little bad for the guy. I mean it’s not like he’s not scoring goals just to be a jerk.

ensco
07-23-2008, 10:20 PM
I was thinking that myself. Would Cunningham have gone from zero to hero, or would people still hate like he’s Hilter's and Jeffery Dalhmer’s love child?

I honestly can’t help but feel a little bad for the guy. I mean it’s not like he’s not scoring goals just to be a jerk.

Good point. Think he feels good about this? It's not his fault if what he's got to give isn't enough.

Sometimes, things just happen and it's nobody's fault. But it just sucks when it's you (in this case all of Cunny, TFC management and us TFC fans) who draw the short straw.

Draracle
07-24-2008, 05:16 AM

He would have been the hero, but I still wouldn't want him. One game, one goal, no matter how timely, does not make him a good player.