PDA

View Full Version : Niagara Falls TFC viewing options?

RedSteph
03-03-2015, 12:41 PM
Does anyone know if there's a place in Niagara Falls that might show the TFC game on Saturday? Our hotel does not get TSN4.

C.Ronaldo
03-03-2015, 03:48 PM
JESUS opening game is on tsn 4!

bring laptop, we'll post a live steam.

nfitz
03-03-2015, 04:10 PM
The old Ontario TSN channel was renamed TSN4. If one only has a single TSN channel, it's TSN4. Rogers Cable 30.

What hotel wouldn't get TSN?

The old TSN2 stayed TSN2 and is Rogers cable 98.

TSN1 is the British Columbia/Alberta Channel. TSN3 is the Saskatchewan/Manitoba Channel. And TSN5 is the Quebec/Atlantic channel.

Though the game is also on TSN1 and TSN3. And apparently starting 30-minutes late (or whenever Nascar ends) on TSN5.

Though based on the media reports, it seems very unlikely there will be a game on Saturday, with the potential strike.

RedSteph
03-03-2015, 09:09 PM
Didn't realise that TSN4 was the old Ontario TSN. That must be the one we get at the hotel then. Great!! Hope they manage to avoid a strike.

Kaz
03-03-2015, 09:58 PM
I honestly don't know of any good places I just moved back... I also dislike people so I have cable and I'll drink beer and eat rounds and salsa on my own. Cause that is how things should be :D

burlington Red
03-04-2015, 08:14 AM
I was there last season for our opener against Seattle, didn't have any problems finding anywhere to watch it, just couldn't get them to turn up the volume.
Ended up in Boston Pizza on Clifton Hill, they were a few other TFC fans there already, so good time watching game but they still wouldn't turn it up.

Kaz
03-04-2015, 11:14 AM
I'd have to wonder if Clancy's or Ivan's would.

I was never much of a bar person.

The big issues is TFC fans that are just in the area stay near the tourist areas.

If a place new some local fans would actually be there regularly it wouldn't be too hard to get one of the local bars to do something.

cmonyoureds
03-06-2015, 11:23 AM
I'd have to wonder if Clancy's or Ivan's would.

I was never much of a bar person.

The big issues is TFC fans that are just in the area stay near the tourist areas.

If a place new some local fans would actually be there regularly it wouldn't be too hard to get one of the local bars to do something.

It is actually quite difficult. Especially for a Saturday night 6 o'clock. Local bars depend on the hockey pucks, and at 6:30 the comments to put hockey on start making the rounds. Big chains will go with hockey also.
We've tried several times when out to get a channel change, now I just stay home. *sigh*

RedSteph
03-07-2015, 02:15 PM
We're just going to stay at the hotel and watch. Looks like we get the channel so that way we'll be guaranteed the game. I could see bars being problematic, what with it being Saturday evening.

burlington Red
03-07-2015, 09:04 PM
It is actually quite difficult. Especially for a Saturday night 6 o'clock. Local bars depend on the hockey pucks, and at 6:30 the comments to put hockey on start making the rounds. Big chains will go with hockey also.
We've tried several times when out to get a channel change, now I just stay home. *sigh*

prob about 4-5 yrs ago, I watched a game in the Drummond, complete dive bar but was good for TFC game, there were a few locals in it that day who were all TFC fans, is that bar still going.

cmonyoureds
03-09-2015, 10:37 AM
prob about 4-5 yrs ago, I watched a game in the Drummond, complete dive bar but was good for TFC game, there were a few locals in it that day who were all TFC fans, is that bar still going.

Hoowee that's off the beaten track!!!
I have no idea, but now you've got me curious. Gonna have a look next time I drive that way.

Kaz
03-10-2015, 10:43 AM
Drummond in is still around. It is actually on a list of places I'd go talk to if I knew there were enough TFC fans that would go out to make it worth while