PDA

View Full Version : Visiting Toronto From the UK, Big TFC Fan

TFC-UK
03-02-2015, 09:39 PM
Hi Guys,

Long time lurker, first time poster. I am coming to Toronto from England on June 24th for 10 nights, I am a huge Raptors and TFC fan. Ive been to many Raptor games live but never TFC so I want to make that right this time around. We are playing DC United on June 27th (Saturday 5pm KO) and am hoping to get some tickets for the game however, I had a couple of questions. Firstly, I will probably be attending on my own as my GF isn't that big into football so where is the best place to get some drinks before hand to soak up the atmosphere and maybe meet a few fans? (I am staying near Trinity Bellwoods park so I gather I am within walking distance). Second, where is the best place to get tickets for a euro style atmosphere with plenty of signing? I want to sing most of the game as it will be my first time... Im thinking behind either of the goals?

Thanks in advance for the advise.

Pint
03-02-2015, 09:43 PM
Hi Guys,

Long time lurker, first time poster. I am coming to Toronto from England on June 24th for 10 nights, I am a huge Raptors and TFC fan. Ive been to many Raptor games live but never TFC so I want to make that right this time around. We are playing DC United on June 27th (Saturday 5pm KO) and am hoping to get some tickets for the game however, I had a couple of questions. Firstly, I will probably be attending on my own as my GF isn't that big into football so where is the best place to get some drinks before hand to soak up the atmosphere and maybe meet a few fans? (I am staying near Trinity Bellwoods park so I gather I am within walking distance). Second, where is the best place to get tickets for a euro style atmosphere with plenty of signing? I want to sing most of the game as it will be my first time... Im thinking behind either of the goals?

Few bars in liberty village are SG bars... RPB go to shoeless joes on King west and dufferin?

The best place for tickets is on here in the ticket trader thread. Tickets may be available a long time in advance but the main activity is usually within 10 days of the event as people figure out they can't make the game.

Defoe
03-02-2015, 09:46 PM
Hi Guys,

Just out of curiosity why a TFC fan? I get Raptors but a lot of England teams to chose for soccer; or are you originanally from Canada ?

MartinUtd
Hello and welcome!

You'll want to be in sections 112-115 (southeast corner to central south stands) but ideally in 112-113. There's another subforum on here for people selling tickets so that's probably your best bet.

As for pre-game drinks most people on this board frequent Shoeless Joe's at King and Dufferin prior to matches. There's also a few other places around Liberty village that cater to TFC fans.

BuSaPuNk
Hi Guys,

Welcome!

If you looking for a great atmosphere join us pregame at Shoeless Joe's on King and Dufferin.

If you want tickets for what we have in our supporter ends you can check our ticket trader on this site mostly tickets available in sections 111-118 but the best place to be is in the heart of 112 where we are if you can get tickets.

Closer to the game feel free to send me a PM and we can get you sorted. Looking forward to meeting you in June.

kodiakTFC
03-02-2015, 10:58 PM
Hi Guys,

You can have one of my tickets in 112 free of charge. PM me.

Ivy
03-02-2015, 11:56 PM
^ that's nice of you.

MightyDM
03-03-2015, 12:11 AM
Hi Guys,

Who do you support in the UK?

kodiakTFC
03-03-2015, 01:12 AM
^ that's nice of you.

I'm across the world until July so its no sweat off my back. I'm sure any of you would do the same.

Marc"2L"
03-03-2015, 01:14 AM
I got a ticket in 111 for ya if you're coming as a single, it's a bit high up so you may want to keep looking but know that you at least have a single game ticket at no cost to you when you arrive for that match.

Cheers.

edit: take kodiak's ticket, that's where you want to be. Didn't even see he beat me to it.

prizby
03-03-2015, 01:34 AM
Hi Guys,

can't make the tfc game on the 24th...we are playing Montreal, our biggest rival...it is a must go to game

Greatest Ripoff
03-03-2015, 02:04 AM
Where in the uk do you live? I use to live in Toronto but now live in London.

TFC-UK
03-03-2015, 08:25 AM
Just out of curiosity why a TFC fan? I get Raptors but a lot of England teams to chose for soccer; or are you originanally from Canada ?

My mother grew up in Toronto, I am a dual citizen and actually plan on moving to Toronto next year after I complete my Masters degree.

TFC-UK
03-03-2015, 08:26 AM
Welcome!

If you looking for a great atmosphere join us pregame at Shoeless Joe's on King and Dufferin.

If you want tickets for what we have in our supporter ends you can check our ticket trader on this site mostly tickets available in sections 111-118 but the best place to be is in the heart of 112 where we are if you can get tickets.

Closer to the game feel free to send me a PM and we can get you sorted. Looking forward to meeting you in June.

Thanks for the offer! Shoeless Joe's it is!

TFC-UK
03-03-2015, 08:27 AM
Who do you support in the UK?

Well I live in Birmingham and have done all my life, I support Birmingham City FC (season ticket holder) which is okay because its pretty cheap down in the championship and Aston Villa look set to join us next season :drunk:

TFC-UK
03-03-2015, 08:28 AM
You can have one of my tickets in 112 free of charge. PM me.

WOW! Thank you, this is why I love Canadians! haha I will send you a message shortly.

TFC-UK
03-03-2015, 08:29 AM
can't make the tfc game on the 24th...we are playing Montreal, our biggest rival...it is a must go to game

I did think about it, however, I land that afternoon and it may all be a little rushed. Also not sure my GF will be best pleased if the first thing I do is run off to the football haha.

TFC-UK
03-03-2015, 08:30 AM
Where in the uk do you live? I use to live in Toronto but now live in London.

Birmingham mate.

TFC-UK
03-03-2015, 08:33 AM
I got a ticket in 111 for ya if you're coming as a single, it's a bit high up so you may want to keep looking but know that you at least have a single game ticket at no cost to you when you arrive for that match.

Cheers.

edit: take kodiak's ticket, that's where you want to be. Didn't even see he beat me to it.

Thanks for the offer!! I have messaged Kodiak. Guys... been an overwhelming response, thank you all!

gmacpheetfc
03-03-2015, 08:47 AM
Birmingham mate.

Where in Brum? I went to UoB.

MartinUtd
03-03-2015, 10:37 AM
Well I live in Birmingham and have done all my life, I support Birmingham City FC (season ticket holder) which is okay because its pretty cheap down in the championship and Aston Villa look set to join us next season :drunk:

That's brilliant, you do know Nigel Reo-Coker plays for Montreal, right?

nfitz
03-03-2015, 10:52 AM
Cool! A lot of my family is from Worcester ... which seems to be a commuter suburb for Birmingham these days ...

There's also a TFC match at 8 pm on June 24th if you are up for it with the jet lag ... let the wife sleep and head to game! :)

shwade
03-03-2015, 11:21 AM
Whatever happened to our resident UK supporter..chilly I think was his board name.

TFC-UK
03-03-2015, 12:00 PM
Where in Brum? I went to UoB.

Sutton Coldfield mate. Completing my Masters now at Coventry Uni in Sports Management then planning on actually moving to Toronto next year! Hoping for a job with MLSE haha.

TFC-UK
03-03-2015, 12:01 PM
Cool! A lot of my family is from Worcester ... which seems to be a commuter suburb for Birmingham these days ...

There's also a TFC match at 8 pm on June 24th if you are up for it with the jet lag ... let the wife sleep and head to game! :)

It is tempting I must say, however we only have 10 nights and I reckon I can only get away with one game lol. The Saturday just seems like a much better option (for drinking).

Yeah Worcester isn't far at all.

nfitz
03-03-2015, 12:04 PM
It is tempting I must say, however we only have 10 nights and I reckon I can only get away with one game lol. The Saturday just seems like a much better option (for drinking).... just tell her your going for a walk. Kick-off will be 1 AM UK time ... she'll never know or might not care :)

Seriously though, I wasn't sure you were aware of the Wednesday night match.

brad
03-03-2015, 12:59 PM
You are well within walking distance if you are staying near Trinity Bellwoods.

gmacpheetfc
03-03-2015, 03:09 PM

Lad.
I had a season ticket at blues when I was at Uni, call myself a glory hunter cause the first year i had it was when we won the cup. I imagine we both may have been on the pitch after we beat villa? ha!

C.Ronaldo
03-03-2015, 03:43 PM
I did think about it, however, I land that afternoon and it may all be a little rushed. Also not sure my GF will be best pleased if the first thing I do is run off to the football haha.

please factor our hatred for all things Montreal sports related.

Yohan
03-03-2015, 05:17 PM
Hi Guys,

so... why TFC? lol

flatpicker
03-03-2015, 05:25 PM
so... why TFC? lol

My mother grew up in Toronto, I am a dual citizen and actually plan on moving to Toronto next year after I complete my Masters degree.

And there you go.

TFC-UK
03-03-2015, 07:02 PM
Lad.
I had a season ticket at blues when I was at Uni, call myself a glory hunter cause the first year i had it was when we won the cup. I imagine we both may have been on the pitch after we beat villa? ha!

You would be correct! Super Zigic (whom I thought could of done a job in the MLS lol). Well that's us meeting for a pint to share stories when I'm in town haha, did you go to Wembley?. Why you in Toronto now?

MightyDM
03-03-2015, 11:50 PM

Excellent! Pints for you at Joes!

prizby
03-04-2015, 02:46 AM
I did think about it, however, I land that afternoon and it may all be a little rushed. Also not sure my GF will be best pleased if the first thing I do is run off to the football haha. think of this as your chance to see an equivalent to Aston Villa vs. Birmingham City (as you mention in the next post your from Birmingham)

gmacpheetfc
03-04-2015, 09:05 AM
think of this as your chance to see an equivalent to Aston Villa vs. Birmingham City (as you mention in the next post your from Birmingham)

bit of a stretch.....

Justin10000
03-04-2015, 02:27 PM
Hey TFC-UK!

I'm coming to London in May. I wonder if you know of any pubs that show MLS matches?

flatpicker
03-04-2015, 03:35 PM
Hey TFC-UK!

I'm coming to London in May. I wonder if you know of any pubs that show MLS matches?

Perhaps the Maple Leaf would show MLS games if you asked.
But then again, it would depend on the time difference.

TFC-UK
03-05-2015, 07:41 AM
Excellent! Pints for you at Joes!

Wahey

TFC-UK
03-05-2015, 07:42 AM
Hey TFC-UK!

To he honest I am really not sure. However, MLS games are shown on Sky Sports so any pub with Sky should put it on for you if you ask nicely.

Red CB Toronto
03-05-2015, 11:30 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B_WK92fUwAAd8mU.jpg:large

The lads on there way to the left coast.

jloome
03-05-2015, 12:01 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B_WK92fUwAAd8mU.jpg:large

The lads on there way to the left coast.

Why do I get the feeling that the guy in the middle is going to be as big a signing as Seba?