PDA

View Full Version : Cunningham is Done

Section 117
07-23-2008, 06:18 PM
I just heard from a source with in the squad the Cunningham is done. He will not being playing with the senior squad again this year.

He will be staying with the squad but on the reserve team. So ladies and gentlemen we have gotten what we wanted.

R.I.P. Cunningham you usless twat

:)

RealG-TFC
07-23-2008, 06:19 PM
Uhmmm we wanted Cunny out of the whole organization. This is a joke. There is already a thread about this too in the news section. ;)

profit89
07-23-2008, 06:19 PM
He stinks !

Gobi
07-23-2008, 06:20 PM
So we don't free up an SI spot? Dumb.

Nuvinho
07-23-2008, 06:24 PM
maybe they are trying to get Cunny to quit/retire. If he quits/retires do we get cap relief?

ensco
07-23-2008, 06:29 PM
if you're on the reserve squad, you are not done, you're on the reserve squad

being demoted not remotely the same thing as being "done"

Section 117
07-23-2008, 06:33 PM
As per my source he will NEVER play with the senior squad again.

ManUtd4ever
07-23-2008, 06:36 PM
Unfortunately for Cunny, last night's blunder was the final nail in his coffin. I was so excited when I first heard the news last season that Mo had traded Esky for him based on his track record. Jeff Cunningham has since turned out to be one of the biggest flops in the history of professional sports in Toronto. I agree he has to go although that late game winning goal he scored against the Galaxy at the HDC will always be one of my favorite TFC memories...

ensco
07-23-2008, 06:41 PM

So why not release him? This makes no sense.

Section 117
07-23-2008, 06:44 PM
because we have to pay him regardless, so I think are keeping as a warm body for practice

joel
07-23-2008, 07:07 PM
because we have to pay him regardless, so I think are keeping as a warm body for practice

it's much more insulting to a player to put him on the reserve team then to release him. It's daring someone to quit and forgo their salary, and if they want to get paid they have to swallow the pride and practice for the rest of the year.

Dirk Diggler
07-23-2008, 07:07 PM

Based on his uninspired play, I have my doubts about that.

reggie
07-23-2008, 07:09 PM
another great trade by mo......

Troll
07-23-2008, 07:28 PM
I call B.S.

jayeden
07-23-2008, 07:30 PM
just what these boards needed, another ass staring a new thread with no source or validity behind it..you couldnt have said this in one of the other 20 'cunningham threads?

Super
07-23-2008, 07:36 PM
I want him to leave as well, but I'll be seriously pissed if he pulls a Buddle and starts scoring like mad after he's signed to another team.

On the other hand, few might be interested in him the way he's been playing.

colman1860
07-23-2008, 07:41 PM
While I absolutely hate Cunningham, and think he is a useless twat, this move doesnt make sense to me. Ibrahim is off to the USA U20s, Dichio is injured, Smith is slightly injured. That leaves Guevara up front. Why get rid of Cunningham now (unless there is somebody on the way in, of course)???

P.S. Lombardo must be kicking himself

werewolf
07-23-2008, 07:42 PM
maybe we will play a 4-6-0 against Salt Lake

Draracle
07-23-2008, 07:44 PM
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
finally, something positive.

MFG1
07-23-2008, 07:44 PM
My momma always told me if you pray hard enough your prayers will be answered.

It seems like they were

noochie
07-23-2008, 07:55 PM
While I absolutely hate Cunningham, and think he is a useless twat, this move doesnt make sense to me. Ibrahim is off to the USA U20s, Dichio is injured, Smith is slightly injured. That leaves Guevara up front. Why get rid of Cunningham now (unless there is somebody on the way in, of course)???

P.S. Lombardo must be kicking himself

Having him in the lineup to me is actually worse than relegating him to reserve play only. He is as good as another defender for the opposing team.

On the surface it doesnt seem to make much sense but having him out there is almost like playing with 10 men. Put Smith out there instead and we are playing with like 10.5 guys or so. Mo has said it a few times... we need those 2 new strikers in here ASAP.

Corcai
07-23-2008, 07:56 PM
"maybe we will play a 4-6-0 against Salt Lake"

Seems like we have been playing 8-2-0 the whole fucking season, and yet we are still non existent on defense.

noochie
07-23-2008, 07:59 PM
"maybe we will play a 4-6-0 against Salt Lake"

Seems like we have been playing 8-2-0 the whole fucking season, and yet we are still non existent on defense.

We are 5th best in the league on goals conceeded... we aren't that bad on D. Scoring a few more would be great though :)

pepher
07-23-2008, 08:10 PM
... the more he plays with the seniors and fails to produce, the lower his perceived value becomes for a potential trade. play him with the 'kids' where he is more likely to score and try to sell him off as "he just didn't fit with our team's future"...

noochie
07-23-2008, 08:14 PM
... the more he plays with the seniors and fails to produce, the lower his perceived value becomes for a potential trade. play him with the 'kids' where he is more likely to score and try to sell him off as "he just didn't fit with our team's future"...

Could be... but I think it may be too late for that... other GM's have the interweb also ;)

noochie
07-23-2008, 08:14 PM
What is gonna happen is that we will ride out his contract for the rest of the year and cut him loose... he is untradeable.

trane
07-23-2008, 08:20 PM
I just heard from a source with in the squad the Cunningham is done. He will not being playing with the senior squad again this year.

He will be staying with the squad but on the reserve team. So ladies and gentlemen we have gotten what we wanted.

R.I.P. Cunningham you usless twat

:)

I did not what I wanted, I wanted him to do what he was brought over to do, score somefucking goals. Particulary those that are served to you on a plate inches from the line.

jloome
07-23-2008, 08:22 PM
If Johnton's schpiel on Extra Time is to be believed, his presence on the roster is putting us too close to the salary cap to sign someone. He said it in the context, though, of needing to finish a deal with the Fire. Chicago couldn't possibly be stupid enough to take Cunny off its hands, could it?

noochie
07-23-2008, 08:24 PM
If Johnton's schpiel on Extra Time is to be believed, his presence on the roster is putting us too close to the salary cap to sign someone. He said it in the context, though, of needing to finish a deal with the Fire. Chicago couldn't possibly be stupid enough to take Cunny off its hands, could it?

Good point... Toronto could in theory ship allocation money the way of the fire to pay down the second half of Cunny's salary. Speculation... but it could be what Mo was referring to.

Smenge
07-23-2008, 08:27 PM
Scary thought: Is Cunningham really as bad now as Buddle was before MO dumped him? Hard to assess players who have stopped trying. Chicago may pick him up as a late game sub, depending on what they have to give up for mcbride.

Limani_Ole
07-23-2008, 08:53 PM
and the newest reserve is..

http://www.soccerbyives.net/soccer_by_ives/2008/07/mls-all-star-ga.html#more

One interesting rumor someone here passed along surrounds Toronto FC forward and John Carver doghouse resident Jeff Cunningham. Apparently Toronto FC has two connected locker rooms with one side for senior team members and another side for reserve team players. Apparently Cunningham has been moved to the reserve team locker room. Yes folks, Cunningham is officially the Milton Waddams of TFC.

arsenal
07-23-2008, 09:07 PM
No 1st team action means no goal #100. Perhaps that is the motivating factor behind this. If he wants to play he will find a way to get out of here.

noochie
07-23-2008, 09:12 PM
Quite possibly the most expensive reserve player in MLS history.

Toronto_Bhoy
07-23-2008, 10:18 PM
Great!

He can mentor the young strikers on the Reserve team!

Toronto_Bhoy
07-23-2008, 10:21 PM

By the Section 117…tell your source to quit talking to you and get off his fat ass and start talking to some strikers [unless your a top flight striker]!

:taz:

DinamoTFC
07-23-2008, 10:36 PM
Anyone have a video of the last few minutes of the game (where cunningham misses). I missed half of the second half.