PDA

View Full Version : CCL thread 2015

Pages : 1 [2] 3

Lennon
04-08-2015, 11:32 PM
This is one of those spots where you'd probly prefer to have the 2nd leg away.

Won't be much of a party if you're already down 3+ goals going into the home leg.

Initial B
04-09-2015, 07:57 AM
You just watch. Montreal will win this just to spite us. They lose 2-1 at Azteca and win 3-1 at the BigO.

Oldtimer
04-09-2015, 07:59 AM
You just watch. Montreal will win this just to spite us. They lose 2-1 at Azteca and win 3-1 at the BigO.

Not a chance. Montreal will get shellacked at Azteca. Here's the highlights against Herediano.

http://www.mlssoccer.com/ccl/news/article/2015/04/09/club-america-6-cs-herediano-0-concacaf-champions-league-match-recap

Initial B
04-09-2015, 08:05 AM
^ I saw those, and so will Montreal. I have no doubt they'll be breaking down the video and head down early to prepare for the high altitude. And how much worse can the atmosphere be than what they just experienced in Costa Rica? The fans should be a little better behaved.

ensco
04-09-2015, 08:18 AM
Impact need to bring in Preki as a consultant for this game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0qzrsIDFU0

Oldtimer
04-09-2015, 08:20 AM
^ I saw those, and so will Montreal. I have no doubt they'll be breaking down the video and head down early to prepare for the high altitude. And how much worse can the atmosphere be than what they just experienced in Costa Rica? The fans should be a little better behaved.

I dunno. Azteca has the reputation as one of the hardest stadiums in the world in which to play.

For preparation, either you fly down early, or you fly in just hours before. Early is best but not always do-able.

Detroit_TFC
04-09-2015, 08:36 AM
It's a good match up for the final from the perspective of maximizing interest in the tournament.

Not sure MTL has much of an option to do anything other than play 11 behind the ball at the Azteca and keep the scoreline manageable.

Defoe
04-09-2015, 08:48 AM
Not a chance. Montreal will get shellacked at Azteca. Here's the highlights against Herediano.

http://www.mlssoccer.com/ccl/news/article/2015/04/09/club-america-6-cs-herediano-0-concacaf-champions-league-match-recap

Herdeiano isn't a very good team though, Montreal is better. I can't believe i'm going to say this - but they have a pretty good back 4. I really like Piatti too. That being said I think Club America is one of the best teams in the world outside of Europe. I'll say America wins 3-1 on aggregate.

Oldtimer
04-09-2015, 08:53 AM
It's a good match up for the final from the perspective of maximizing interest in the tournament.

Not sure MTL has much of an option to do anything other than play 11 behind the ball at the Azteca and keep the scoreline manageable.

Agreed.

It's not too late to call in this guy to show them how to do that:

http://s3.amazonaws.com/assets.asn.com/production/attacheds/3793/original/081813_RadosavljevicPreki_ISI_HCS_MLS_20080605_114 .jpg?1376880087

Detroit_TFC
04-09-2015, 08:57 AM
I ran into Preki (uh, almost literally) at the NSCAA convention 3 years ago. I was wearing a TFC shirt, he gave me a look like he had just seen a ghost.

Jack
04-09-2015, 09:48 AM
America should stomp them. They've played in three of the past four liguilla finals and they have a very strong team. I mean, you play the games and anything can happen, but I don't think this Cinderella story gets a happy ending for Montreal.

Yohan
04-09-2015, 10:26 AM
between firepower of Benedetto, Peralta, Zuniga and Quintero, no way America should lose this, esp if they capitalize at Azteca

BuSaPuNk
04-09-2015, 11:40 AM
I dunno. Azteca has the reputation as one of the hardest stadiums in the world in which to play.

For preparation, either you fly down early, or you fly in just hours before. Early is best but not always do-able.

They might have found it hard against Herediano away, just wait till they get to Azteca.

Racist chants is one thing. Having bags of pee thrown at you is a completely different level. I expect this to be over in the first half of the first leg.

Lennon
04-09-2015, 01:30 PM
Having bags of pee thrown at you is a completely different level.

Are they really bags of piss? When I was in Honduras they sold water/juice in bags haha.

BuSaPuNk
04-09-2015, 01:32 PM
Are they really bags of piss? When I was in Honduras they sold water/juice in bags haha.

Yep i believe it was Jozy who talks about it lately. They had bags of piss thrown at them during a US game. Not the first time I've heard it.

RealG-TFC
04-09-2015, 01:38 PM
Slightly off topic bu Google Maps actually has pitch-side views of Azteca. Kinda neat.

https://www.google.ca/maps/@19.302474,-99.1508,3a,75y,27.84h,90.47t/data=!3m5!1e1!3m3!1sgSgoFCqQhRWmLTgQql9TUg!2e0!3e5

And there's a Photo Sphere from the upper stand, can only imagine what it looks like when packed.

https://www.google.ca/maps/@19.302588,-99.150215,3a,75y,312.44h,71.11t/data=!3m5!1e1!3m3!1sI8dLGuCtYCEAAAQY8mWgYA!2e0!3e1 1

ensco
04-09-2015, 01:53 PM
I wouldn't call this over - America are a better team than Pachuca, based on league play, but not that much better. Not sure if it means anything, but America have had a free pass to the final. They got a Puerto Rican team and a Salvadorean team in the group stage (beat the Puerto Ricans 16-1 aggregate), then two CR teams to get to the final.

So they haven't seen an MLS or Mexican team in Cup play yet.

The Azteca probably won't be full, given the certainty that Mexicans will have of a rout, so that'll help. Costa Rica beat Mexico away at the Azteca in 2013. It does happen, once in a blue moon.

Detroit_TFC
04-09-2015, 02:03 PM
I have friends who have gone to Mexico vs US at Estadio Azteca a couple times. It's a crazy experience. They never felt seriously threatened (surrounded by cops) but definitely a lot a crap gets thrown at them the whole game.

FWIW the experience there has been waning in recent years. I understand that the authorities (FMF or Club America, not sure) have really jacked up ticket prices and that's starting to affect the turnouts even for big games. Attending a WCQ there still on my bucket list.

Yohan
04-09-2015, 02:28 PM
I wouldn't call this over - America are a better team than Pachuca, based on league play, but not that much better. Not sure if it means anything, but America have had a free pass to the final. They got a Puerto Rican team and a Salvadorean team in the group stage (beat the Puerto Ricans 16-1 aggregate), then two CR teams to get to the final.

The Azteca probably won't be full, given the certainty that Mexicans will have of a rout, so that'll help. Costa Rica beat Mexico away at the Azteca in 2013. It does happen, once in a blue moon.
reported 76k for vs Herediano

ensco
04-09-2015, 02:39 PM
reported 76k for vs Herediano

It looked 3/4 full in the highlights. But there was a narrative there, they were the better team and were down 3-0, plus the bus incident ... the narrative of "come see a 6-0 drubbing against a secondary team" isn't as compelling. If it was the second leg, more people would come for the olimpico.

Yohan
04-09-2015, 04:53 PM
35k now for IMFC. this is crazy

Oldtimer
04-10-2015, 09:18 AM
The Impact now have 128,000 followers on twitter. Amazing.

Initial B
04-10-2015, 12:25 PM
I wonder if the MLSE braintrust is kicking themselves at this point. Or will that come later?

BuSaPuNk
04-10-2015, 12:29 PM

TFC account has 162k

Fort York Redcoat
04-10-2015, 12:44 PM
I wonder if the MLSE braintrust is kicking themselves at this point. Or will that come later?

What over the most recent snub of the tournament or of all the years they did?

flip
04-10-2015, 05:36 PM
TFC account has 162k

With twice the population ;)

45,000 as of 5pm.

OgtheDim
04-10-2015, 05:54 PM
With twice the population ;)

45,000 as of 5pm.

Impressive.

The question I had for you IMFC guys, what if there's a Hab's playoff game that night?

flip
04-10-2015, 06:07 PM
Impressive.

The question I had for you IMFC guys, what if there's a Hab's playoff game that night?

Excellent question for any canadian club facing such a problem. But all these people that bought their tickets up to now actually CHOSE this final CCL event knowing full well that it might coincide with a Habs playoff game. I think that what makes this number so impressive.

Also, Montreal seems to be an event-driven city, so I guess that helps too. I'm guessing there is also the America supporters factor, but I don't think it explains such a high number. Finally, at the rate that the tickets are selling, people seem to be panicking and are just rushing before none are left (rarity factor).

The only thing I wish, is that Montreal doesn't get destroyed in Azteca. I really don't want that party to get ruined (even though I know some of u guys want that ;P). In all honesty, I really don't see Montreal winning this thing. CF America are just way too strong.

Basically, I know we won't win this. But I want IMFC to give them hell.

Defoe
04-10-2015, 08:19 PM
Strongly considering going to Azteca. 105,000 people in one space is something most people don't experience. Probably crazier then the World Cup just because of the dynamic.

TorontoGooner
04-10-2015, 08:45 PM
Excellent question for any canadian club facing such a problem. But all these people that bought their tickets up to now actually CHOSE this final CCL event knowing full well that it might coincide with a Habs playoff game. I think that what makes this number so impressive.

Also, Montreal seems to be an event-driven city, so I guess that helps too. I'm guessing there is also the America supporters factor, but I don't think it explains such a high number. Finally, at the rate that the tickets are selling, people seem to be panicking and are just rushing before none are left (rarity factor).

The only thing I wish, is that Montreal doesn't get destroyed in Azteca. I really don't want that party to get ruined (even though I know some of u guys want that ;P). In all honesty, I really don't see Montreal winning this thing. CF America are just way too strong.

Basically, I know we won't win this. But I want IMFC to give them hell.

I actually think if IMFC don't let in more than 3 goals in the first leg, they could do it in the second. Plus an away goal changes the whole dynamic of the fixture

Jack
04-10-2015, 09:15 PM

Don't underestimate the draw of America in Mexico for a final of any type. America and Chivas are the biggest clubs in terms of following down there and both have a huge and loyal fanbase across the country, not just in their respective cities.

flip
04-10-2015, 09:25 PM
I actually think if IMFC don't let in more than 3 goals in the first leg, they could do it in the second. Plus an away goal changes the whole dynamic of the fixture

I wish I was as optimistic, but i just don't see it. I'm also expecting CF America fans probably in the thousands coming from Canada and US (mainly NY).

In terms of local support, it really sucks sometimes to live in a high immigration country.

ensco
04-10-2015, 10:18 PM
Don't underestimate the draw of America in Mexico for a final of any type. America and Chivas are the biggest clubs in terms of following down there and both have a huge and loyal fanbase across the country, not just in their respective cities.

A corollary, Jack: don't overestimate my knowledge of Mican football. I truly have no idea what I am talking about ��

Jack
04-11-2015, 10:28 AM
A corollary, Jack: don't overestimate my knowledge of Mican football. I truly have no idea what I am talking about ��
Haha, fair enough. I watched it all the time when I lived down there and it is a very entertaining league. America is one of those love 'em or hate 'em teams in Mexico.

Redpunkfiddle
04-11-2015, 10:53 AM

That's a lot of Mexicans.

Fort York Redcoat
04-11-2015, 02:45 PM
That's a lot of Mexicans.

Ay caramba. Ca c'est magnifique.

Oldtimer
04-14-2015, 08:09 AM
Confirmed now that the Club World Cup will be in Tokyo, Japan, December 2015:

Le tournoi mondial sera à Tokyo, au Japon, en décembre 2015.

http://www.impactmontreal.com/fr/news/2015/04/une-derniere-etape-avant-la-coupe-du-monde-des-clubs-de-la-fifa

Uefa is still at the quarter-finals of their Champions League, so it's far from certain who will be their representative.

Mateo1985
04-14-2015, 08:27 AM
If Montreal does win, is there a chance Canada might get two clubs in CCL at some point? That'd be great imo

Oldtimer
04-14-2015, 09:18 AM
If Montreal does win, is there a chance Canada might get two clubs in CCL at some point? That'd be great imo

That's what I would hope. CONCACAF doesn't have a formal coefficient like UEFA does but I'm sure that a massive result would make them have to look at maybe Canada getting two spots, or perhaps skipping the preliminary round like the USA and Mexico do.

ryan
04-14-2015, 09:21 AM

Don't see it happening. We don't have enough pro clubs to justify the spot.

At best we become a seeded team.

Initial B
04-17-2015, 12:32 PM
I saw that the news said that 58K tickets had been sold for the CCL final and i thought I'd see if I could buy some online. The system says there are no seats available. Did they seriously sell out? I wasn't expecting it to go that quickly.

kodiakTFC
04-17-2015, 03:12 PM
I saw that the news said that 58K tickets had been sold for the CCL final and i thought I'd see if I could buy some online. The system says there are no seats available. Did they seriously sell out? I wasn't expecting it to go that quickly.

They have sold out what they have but they haven't announced a sell out yet because apparently they are trying to jam in more seats last minute.

Petor
04-17-2015, 03:30 PM
They have sold out what they have but they haven't announced a sell out yet because apparently they are trying to jam in more seats last minute.

They can sell up to just short of 62,000 but 4,000 will have an obstructed view for soccer.

I went to the 2010 CFL Eastern final at the Big O, Montreal-Toronto, November 2010.
They originally capped it at 55,000 but after huge demand they opened all remaining obstructed seats and ended up over 58,000.
I think I was the only Argo fan there but I liked being the underdog.
Argos lost the game in the first quarter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=klNKLDJNRpQ

gmacpheetfc
04-17-2015, 03:34 PM
I'm going down for it hoping its entertaining

king10
04-17-2015, 03:51 PM
With the huge temporary stand in the empty endzone and temporary sideline seating the 2008 grey cup had a capacity of close to 70 000.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/96th_Grey_Cup

Probably not enough time to erect a 10 000 seat temporary grand stand below the scoreboard for the game though.

kodiakTFC
04-17-2015, 04:10 PM
They can sell up to just short of 62,000 but 4,000 will have an obstructed view for soccer.

I went to the 2010 CFL Eastern final at the Big O, Montreal-Toronto, November 2010.
They originally capped it at 55,000 but after huge demand they opened all remaining obstructed seats and ended up over 58,000.
I think I was the only Argo fan there but I liked being the underdog.
Argos lost the game in the first quarter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=klNKLDJNRpQ

Petor the Grey Cup used different field side bleachers. I'm too lazy to go onto BigSoccer but there are examples there. The side of the stadium not showed in this video, the bleacher is vastly inferior to the one at the grey cup game. Also, the corners had two bleachers here, there is only one on each corner now. Go to the CCL thread on BigSoccer if you want to see this. I'm off to bed!

Petor
04-18-2015, 09:53 AM
Petor the Grey Cup used different field side bleachers. I'm too lazy to go onto BigSoccer but there are examples there. The side of the stadium not showed in this video, the bleacher is vastly inferior to the one at the grey cup game. Also, the corners had two bleachers here, there is only one on each corner now. Go to the CCL thread on BigSoccer if you want to see this. I'm off to bed!

I guess I was a little to vague in my last post.
What I meant to say was they will probably have more than 58,000(if they can have over 58,000 for CFL then they should be able to put in more than that for CCL).

The Impacts first game ever in the Big O had more than 60,000 against Chicago.

kodiakTFC
04-18-2015, 12:25 PM
They had a different seating arrangement then. But yeah you're right, they are certainly going to try and get more seats in there. It'll be interesting to see what they can do given they have about 10 days. It would be cool to see 60,000 fans.

Oldtimer
04-20-2015, 11:19 AM
How Montreal is getting ready for the match in Mexico:

http://www.mlssoccer.com/ccl/news/article/2015/04/16/america-and-altitude-how-montreal-impact-plan-dealing-mexico-citys-elevation

it's interesting for me to read this sports medicine/nutrition stuff.

Yohan
04-20-2015, 07:55 PM
Azteca sold out for 1st leg. 105k. suffice to say that record won't be broken in like forever

Richard
04-20-2015, 08:08 PM
Azteca sold out for 1st leg. 105k. suffice to say that record won't be broken in like forever

Oh boy, this is going to be a massacre. RIP Montreal.

flip
04-20-2015, 09:10 PM
I can confirm that 58k has been sold a good while ago. I heard on the radio that chances are they won't be able to have the 60k+ configuration because of time and logistics constraints. Something tells me that if they don't get massacred in Azteca, they'll probably find a way....

king10
04-20-2015, 09:11 PM
Oh boy, this is going to be a massacre. RIP Montreal.

Maybe not. America just lost 4-0. They have the classico to play and 2 champs league games. Their d has been suspect this winter season.

TheGoodson
04-21-2015, 07:00 AM
Stadio Azteca is sold out for the first leg of the match... 105K plus to watch the massacre of the L'Impact

Yohan
04-21-2015, 07:00 PM
http://www.si.com/planet-futbol/2015/04/21/montreal-impact-club-america-ccl-final-preview

Saputo is spending a lot of coin. 300k for the trip to Mexico City

Oldtimer
04-22-2015, 10:40 AM
Game on TVA and Sportsnet World starting at 9PM. Will be an exciting match!

Canuck82
04-22-2015, 12:54 PM
Do you need a special subscription for Sportsnet World?

Captain
04-22-2015, 12:59 PM
Can anyone tell me what channel this game will be on in Newmarket (Rogers). I'm trying to figure out if I have access to watch it.

TFC07
04-22-2015, 01:01 PM
Do you need a special subscription for Sportsnet World?

Yes. It usually cost $15 per month

Captain
04-22-2015, 01:14 PM
Can anyone tell me what channel this game will be on in Newmarket (Rogers). I'm trying to figure out if I have access to watch it.

OK didn't realize the game was on Sportsnet World (which I do have). The recent article only mentions TVA Sport 2 which I know I don't have. It's all good now. Tonight I can pretend to be an Impact fan.

Carts
04-22-2015, 01:16 PM
Yes. It usually cost $15 per month

It's up to $22.99 a month + tax (if you go monthly) on Rogers...

To much for me what they offer / and what's available on the standard sports channels...

werewolf
04-22-2015, 08:02 PM
Vamos America!

SoccMan2
04-22-2015, 08:05 PM
Let's go MLS

Slick
04-22-2015, 08:07 PM
Anyone have a live stream?

CBTFC
04-22-2015, 08:11 PM
Anyone have a live stream?

http://goatd.net/110389/watch-club-america-vs-montreal-impact

Slick
04-22-2015, 08:12 PM
http://goatd.net/110389/watch-club-america-vs-montreal-impact

Thanks bud

OgtheDim
04-22-2015, 08:19 PM
Hmm....laser pointers. European teams would have a bird with that stuff.

CBTFC
04-22-2015, 08:20 PM
Yeah I just noticed that as well. Green laser pointer all over Evan Bush on that last kick out.

Chevy
04-22-2015, 08:20 PM
Is it just me or are there a zillion laser pointers on the Impact players?

Lennon
04-22-2015, 08:24 PM
FFS how is this happening.

OgtheDim
04-22-2015, 08:25 PM
Ooooookkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

Yohan
04-22-2015, 08:26 PM
that was a great team move from Mtl, and Oduro collects an assist

__wowza
04-22-2015, 08:28 PM
for everyone doing the "canadian soccer" argument, the impact are currently starting ZERO canadians.

i hope the impact get fuckin crushed.

portu
04-22-2015, 08:30 PM
Oduro>Findley

JavierMartini
04-22-2015, 08:31 PM
this is ridiculous, i can see bush rubbing his eyes from the lazer pointers. If concacaf dosent do something about this kind of shit then I've lost any hope of fifa's so called fair play. How can shit like this continue in this competition. If this was in uefa the fans would get banned and the team would get fined. But this is concacaf so noone gives a shit?

OgtheDim
04-22-2015, 08:33 PM
Its an MLS sell out.

SoccMan2
04-22-2015, 08:36 PM
Fuckoff with these Lazers what a fucken joke!

portu
04-22-2015, 08:41 PM
Everyone cheering for MTL should honestly just move there and paint there TFC kit blue. Bloody French assholes

Chevy
04-22-2015, 08:43 PM
this is ridiculous, i can see bush rubbing his eyes from the lazer pointers. If concacaf dosent do something about this kind of shit then I've lost any hope of fifa's so called fair play. How can shit like this continue in this competition. If this was in uefa the fans would get banned and the team would get fined. But this is concacaf so noone gives a shit?

+1. I'm sure it's bothering the players but no sense making a big deal about it at the moment. Watch in the second half - if the Impact continue to lead, I would expect them to milk the clock with "lazer-related" injuries.

SoccMan2
04-22-2015, 08:46 PM
Wow nice racism buddy " portu", wow just wow!

Prof
04-22-2015, 08:47 PM
Biggest sporting event in country and not on main TV channels. Only in Canada

SoccMan2
04-22-2015, 08:52 PM
That is a pure red card what a joke!

Yohan
04-22-2015, 08:53 PM
wow. how is that not a red for DOGSO?

Couchy81
04-22-2015, 08:53 PM
lol in what league is that not a red card? oh CONCACAF!

CBTFC
04-22-2015, 08:54 PM

That non call IS SO DAMN CONCACAF!

portu
04-22-2015, 08:55 PM
Wow nice racism buddy " portu", wow just wow!
Let me know when they put the PRIMARY LANGUAGE OF CANADA on their road signs and don't treat Anglos with disdain and I'll apologize

OgtheDim
04-22-2015, 08:55 PM
CONCACAF rules, OK?

PAOK17
04-22-2015, 08:56 PM
First of all I hate the Impact.

Having said that, what BS was that non-red? A guy with a goal scoring chance pulled down from behind and somehow the punishment is a free kick and a warning?

Oh wait, it's CONCACrap

Yohan
04-22-2015, 08:58 PM
Let me know when they put the PRIMARY LANGUAGE OF CANADA on their road signs and don't treat Anglos with disdain and I'll apologize
lay off the silly posts regarding Quebec. friendly mod reminder

SoccMan2
04-22-2015, 08:58 PM
"Portu" really buddy that's what it's about eh, oh ok.

JavierMartini
04-22-2015, 09:00 PM
+1. I'm sure it's bothering the players but no sense making a big deal about it at the moment. Watch in the second half - if the Impact continue to lead, I would expect them to milk the clock with "lazer-related" injuries.

personally it really bothers me that the parity of rules throught fifa bend so far outside of europe.

Auzzy
04-22-2015, 09:01 PM
Wow Impact got CONCACAF'd badly, unbelievable. Officials looked fairly reasonable up until that point.

EastYork
04-22-2015, 09:02 PM
How that was not a red card is beyond me. Montreal will get their chances on the counter in the second half

Richard
Does the same referee go to the next game?

Chevy
Concacaf should introduce an Orange Card, or "Red Exempt Geography"

http://cdn1.images.videobash.com/photos/000/056/753/56753.jpg

Richard
04-22-2015, 09:03 PM
The non red card is all about that 105K home advantage.

JavierMartini
04-22-2015, 09:04 PM
There is a lot of evidence in this game so far pointing towards a tilted ref and corrution. Oduro has been subject to around 5 late tackes that could have all been yellows. Then there is the clear red. That's a red. If the ref is retained then it's corruption plain and simple. The Ref simply cannot continue to work with that level of incompetence. Expect more of the same in the second half. Soft pentalty, ridiculous red (for montreal) more lazer pointers and maybe some batteries. All the while expect ankle breaking tackles and obvious fouls to go uncalled.

Regardless of the result I hope Klapas calls the region out for the deplorable lazers and the shotty reffing. He's got the balls and he's leading the competition in reds lol.....

PAOK17
04-22-2015, 09:04 PM
Edit my post was off topic.

Anyway I am surprised how well Montreal has played after one half. Though, we did well in our semifinal (first half) a few years ago and then just collapsed.

General Woolfe
04-22-2015, 09:07 PM
Concacaf should introduce an Orange Card, or "Red Exempt Geography"

http://cdn1.images.videobash.com/photos/000/056/753/56753.jpg

No kidding! How the ref deemed that a yellow beggars belief...

Good first half for the Kibeckwa. CA dominating and having some decent cracks on goal, but the Impact looking danerous on the counter

SoccMan2
04-22-2015, 09:08 PM
Well said " POAK 17" great post.

OgtheDim
04-22-2015, 09:08 PM
I actually thought the ref had not a bad half, for a CONCACAF ref. Usually those fouls against Oduro are not even called. The DOGSO yellow is cowardice, not corruption.

PAOK17
04-22-2015, 09:10 PM
Well said " POAK 17" great post.
Ha thanks. After seeing Yohan's response I realized my post would cause the topic to be derailed so I edited it out. But glad someone liked it haha.

Yohan
04-22-2015, 09:14 PM
Wow Impact got CONCACAF'd badly, unbelievable. Officials looked fairly reasonable up until that point.
https://vine.co/v/eaIhDVWBllU

yep

JavierMartini
04-22-2015, 09:14 PM
there it is another clear red. klopas is going to blow up.

SoccMan2
04-22-2015, 09:15 PM
And for all those lamenting the fact that there are no Canadians starting well how many Canadians start on the Raptors or the Blue Jays but other fans of these two teams in other cities in Canada don't seem to have a problem with this so why is it in soccer we have a problem when a Canadian team does not field Canadians in their lineup.

__wowza
04-22-2015, 09:22 PM
And for all those lamenting the fact that there are no Canadians starting well how many Canadians start on the Raptors or the Blue Jays but other fans of these two teams in other cities in Canada don't seem to have a problem with this so why is it in soccer we have a problem when a Canadian team does not field Canadians in their lineup.

the argument is how this would be good for canadian soccer. not basketball, not baseball.
the club gets money, not the country. the club gets prestige, not the country.

i'm all for ANYONE else winning it (be it another MLS team, or another candian team), just not the impact.
i'm not in the place where i can abide by UM02 holding this over our heads for the rest of the time.
they already did that with their sole playoff appearance (which they horribly bombed out of).

keep in mind, this is the same team whose supporters ripped up our seats, stole from our bar owner, and pelted FAMILIES with batteries and coins.
the same team who knowingly and openly wasted time, when they were in last place, just so they could TIE us and keep us out of the playoffs.

JavierMartini
04-22-2015, 09:23 PM
annnnd the linesman has stopped calling offsides lol

portu
04-22-2015, 09:25 PM
Club America need to learn how to finish jeez

PAOK17
04-22-2015, 09:27 PM
MTL looking tired. They're just booting the ball out and parking the bus.

Richard
04-22-2015, 09:31 PM
Wow that shot.

Chevy
04-22-2015, 09:33 PM
the argument is how this would be good for canadian soccer. not basketball, not baseball.

i'm all for ANYONE else winning it (be it another MLS team, or another candian team), just not the impact.
i'm not in the place where i can abide by UM02 holding this over our heads for the rest of the time.
they already did that with their sole playoff appearance (which they horribly bombed out of).

keep in mind, this is the same team whose supporters ripped up our seats, stole from our bar owner, and pelted FAMILIES with batteries and coins.
the same team who knowingly and openly wasted time, when they were in last place, just so they could TIE us and keep us out of the playoffs.

The counter argument is that there's some little Canadian kid watching this game with his old man and as a result will choose footy over hockey. It's a very long term view, but look at what the Raptors have contributed to Canadian basketball over the last twenty years. We're at the point where a NBA player might NOT make our national team at the next Olympics, and I don't think a Canadian has ever suited up for the Raps.

General Woolfe
04-22-2015, 09:38 PM
Its pretty obscene that this game isn't being covered by TV coast to coast in Canada. The first time ever a Canadian side reaches the final of a Champions league final and instead we get back to back blanket coverage of legalized thuggery on ice. Many immigrants like myself have no interest in ice hockey but its held up to be a rite of passage and rammed down out throats by National broadcasters.

OgtheDim
04-22-2015, 09:39 PM
Ives Galarcep ‏@SoccerByIves (https://twitter.com/SoccerByIves) 1m1 minute ago (https://twitter.com/SoccerByIves/status/591068133093421057) Haven’t seen a referee crumble under the pressure like this since the East Side played the West Side on The Wire.

__wowza
04-22-2015, 09:40 PM
The counter argument is that there's some little Canadian kid watching this game with his old man and as a result will choose footy over hockey. It's a very long term view, but look at what the Raptors have contributed to Canadian basketball over the last twenty years. We're at the point where a NBA player might NOT make our national team at the next Olympics, and I don't think a Canadian has ever suited up for the Raps.

jamaal magloire, but he doesn't really count..
again, anyone but the impact and i'd be fine, but i'm not at the place where i can cheer for a team and it's supporters who've done nothing but shit on us every chance they get. i'd say i can be the bigger man in this situation, but i can't, not when the next TIFO they bring to BMO would be akin to "hahaha! where's your trophies? where's your voyagers cup? you'll never win the champions league!"

Globetrotter
04-22-2015, 09:41 PM

The argument about how it would be good for Canadian soccer is your point simply to smoke and mirror away from SoccMan's post simply because you don't want MTL to win.
It would be a win for Montreal, a win for Canada, and a win for MLS.

Keep in mind that those supporters are not playing the game, and no one here is cheering for their supporters - they're cheering for the players, Montreal, Canada, and MLS.
There's a ton of terrible things that happen in Mexico that aren't soccer related and impact Canadian tourists. If you want to make this an issue that doesn't involve the players (as you've done by bringing in supporters), then i would cheer for Montreal than all the nonsense that takes place in Mexico and support their league or their teams.

Yohan
04-22-2015, 09:42 PM
jamaal magloire, but he doesn't really count..
again, anyone but the impact and i'd be fine, but i'm not at the place where i can cheer for a team and it's supporters who've done nothing but shit on us every chance they get. i'd say i can be the bigger man in this situation, but i can't, not when the next TIFO they bring to BMO would be akin to "hahaha! where's your trophies? where's your voyagers cup? you'll never win the champions league!"
it might give TFC supporters a kick in our collective ass to step up our game. we've been complacent for too long

ensco
04-22-2015, 09:46 PM
If this holds up, it is the most amazing thing in the history of MLS.

By a mile.

OgtheDim
04-22-2015, 09:46 PM
Bernier has been crap since he came on.

Chevy
04-22-2015, 09:50 PM

By a mile.

It's a bloody big deal. Wait...

MightyDM
04-22-2015, 09:51 PM

By a mile.

Impossible to avert your eyes.

portu
04-22-2015, 09:51 PM
That's a goal!

MightyDM
04-22-2015, 09:53 PM
Too bad. Could see the lasers in Bush's eyes right before that. Should be FIFA sanctions but never never will happen. Never. Corrupt as all hell.

ensco
04-22-2015, 09:53 PM
I feel bad for saying that now.

__wowza
04-22-2015, 09:55 PM
it might give TFC supporters a kick in our collective ass to step up our game. we've been complacent for too long

hopefully we embrace the challenge.

The argument about how it would be good for Canadian soccer is your point simply to smoke and mirror away from SoccMan's post simply because you don't want MTL to win.
It would be a win for Montreal, a win for Canada, and a win for MLS.

Keep in mind that those supporters are not playing the game, and no one here is cheering for their supporters - they're cheering for the players, Montreal, Canada, and MLS.
There's a ton of terrible things that happen in Mexico that aren't soccer related and impact Canadian tourists. If you want to make this an issue that doesn't involve the players (as you've done by bringing in supporters), then i would cheer for Montreal than all the nonsense that takes place in Mexico and support their league or their teams.

i think i addressed soccman's point quite well, but you haven't addressed mine at all.
i also think it's ironic that you mention how i tried to "smoke and mirror away" from the post before going in depth about candian tourism.

i don't want either of these guys winning, and that's the point i want to make. i want TORONTO winning. if push came to shove, do i want a random team to beat my rivals? you're damn right i do. i made it clear why i don't think it would raise the canadian soccer so much as it would raise the profile of the impact, and i've stated that their team and supporters see this as a win for the IMPACT and not for CANADA. if you'd like to debate that, go for it, but please address my post.

MightyDM
04-22-2015, 09:55 PM
Why aren't they telling us how much stoppage time?

OgtheDim
04-22-2015, 09:56 PM
Road goal doesn't mean much really. Nobody should expect the game in Montreal to end 0-0.

i.e. All this does is mean Montreal has to win back home.

ensco
04-22-2015, 09:57 PM
I can see why a good TO soccer fan would want the Impact to win, and I can also see why a good Toronto soccer fan would want the Impact to lose.

No big discussion required.

notthesun
04-22-2015, 09:57 PM
Hopefully Club America can close this out on the road.

MightyDM
04-22-2015, 09:58 PM
For me, a tie in Mexico for a Canadian team? Excellent result, and perhaps the late goal against the Limp Act allows us to cheer for and against them?

MightyDM
04-22-2015, 09:59 PM
I can see why a good TO soccer fan would want the Impact to win, and I can also see why a good Toronto soccer fan would want the Impact to lose.

Precisely.

werewolf
04-22-2015, 10:00 PM
Hopefully Club America can close this out on the road.

Concur.

Chevy
04-22-2015, 10:00 PM
In a perverse way, maybe this organized performance by the Impact gets Vanney sacked?

QBall
04-22-2015, 10:01 PM
What a shit show of a game. Makes MLS refereeing look divine by comparison. Club America fans have no class with all of the laser pointers. I guess it's a good thing the second game is in Montreal.

__wowza
04-22-2015, 10:02 PM

lol, spot on.
the discussion hasn't really gotten outt've hand (in my books at least).
long story short, i just wish we took the VC more seriously.

OgtheDim
It is good for soccer in this country that the CCL is going to end with a match that is competitive going into it, in front of 60K in Montreal (although part of me is wondering how many of those will be Club America fans).

Auzzy
About 10 CA players plus coaches crowding the officials after the match. Of course there will be no repercussions for that either.

carnifex2005
04-22-2015, 10:03 PM
It is good for soccer in this country that the CCL is going to end with a match that is competitive going into it, in front of 60K in Montreal (although part of me is wondering how many of those will be Club America fans).

Not many at all. Only 15k Mexicans in Montreal. In the 2009 CCL match against Santos Laguna there were barely any Mexicans there as well.

QBall
In a perverse way, maybe this organized performance by the Impact gets Vanney sacked?

:noidea: You'll have to connect those dots for me.

MightyDM

Thats harsh. On the other hand, they did not surrender a goal in the first minute, two in the first ten or three in the first thirty....

ensco
04-22-2015, 10:04 PM
Remember what happened to us at Santos Laguna?

This team's performance away to Pachuca and America has been simply remarkable. I salute them.

OgtheDim
04-22-2015, 10:04 PM
Not many at all. Only 15k Mexicans in Montreal.

If we can take a few thousand, for a league match, how many America fans are there in Toronto and the US North East who will go to see their team raise a trophy?

SoccMan2
04-22-2015, 10:05 PM
I love it so now all those posters who thought the Impact were going to get slaughtered are now coming out here and posting that the Impact still have to win at home no kidding they do, but at least this makes that game in Montreal mean something for the sellout crowd of 60 000 or so that will be there to watch, it will be a great night for soccer in Canada and will force the mainstream media to not ignore. All I want is for soccer to be in the spotlight once in awhile here in Canada and it will with this game in Montreal next week, I'm a soccer fan first a Canadian national team fan second and a TFC fan after that.

carnifex2005
04-22-2015, 10:08 PM
If we can take a few thousand, for a league match, how many America fans are there in Toronto and the US North East who will go to see their team raise a trophy?

I don't think that many simply because the CCL, while big, still isn't that big to Mexicans. The two times that Montreal has played a Mexican team, they maybe got a few hundred out there but not much more than that. That and I'm guessing it will be a hassle for them to go over the border for a mid-week match.

ensco
04-22-2015, 10:09 PM
^For the love of god I hope someone comes to their senses and gets the second game onto a channel with reach. The vast majority of sports bars in Canada don't carry Sportsnet World.

OgtheDim
04-22-2015, 10:09 PM
I love it so now all those posters who thought the Impact were going to get slaughtered are now coming out here and posting that the Impact still have to win at home ...

Um, if you mean me, and you check down farther in this thread, I'm one of the guys who thinks Impact success in CCL is good for TFC.

Mostly cause I still believe we are going to get a second team in CCL somehow out of this - possibly having to play a qualifier against somebody. That and because the main sponsor is Canadian.

Blixa
04-22-2015, 10:10 PM
This is a pretty embarrassing result for the Mexicans. Akin to the Habs drawing at home to a Mexican hockey team. I kinda wish both teams could lose.

Yohan
04-22-2015, 10:10 PM
Remember what happened to us at Santos Laguna?

This team's performance away to Pachuca and America has been simply remarkable. I salute them.
far less pressure playing 2nd leg away IMO. Mtl lucked out a little playing Mexican teams at home 2nd leg

Yohan
04-22-2015, 10:11 PM
^For the love of god I hope someone comes to their senses and gets the second game onto a channel with reach. The vast majority of sports bars in Canada don't carry Sportsnet World.
NHL game featuring non Canadian teams still gets more views than a mere soccer game :(

__wowza
04-22-2015, 10:13 PM
Mostly cause I still believe we are going to get a second team in CCL somehow out of this - possibly having to play a qualifier against somebody. That and because the main sponsor is Canadian.

i still love how winning the MLS cup or supporters shield doesn't justify a second canadian spot if a canadian team takes it.

GBV
04-22-2015, 10:22 PM

See Chiellini by chance in Europe today?
:)

azorean
04-22-2015, 10:26 PM
far less pressure playing 2nd leg away IMO. Mtl lucked out a little playing Mexican teams at home 2nd leg

well, don't think so, this is a Final first of all so with that comes more pressure, and just look at that environment. whoah! do not remember it being as intimidating for TFC. Well done Montreal. Can't help but agree with ensco though, can you imagine tfc in a game like this? They would not be able to hold out like the impact did. just being honest.

Oldtimer
04-22-2015, 10:30 PM
Stunned by this result. The match in Montreal will be the decider. No way I saw this coming. Now all they need to do is avoid losing at home or tying 2-2 or higher.

Yohan
04-22-2015, 10:48 PM
Evan Bush is suspended for 2nd leg for yellow card accumulation. John Smits on loan from Edmonton will have to start

kodiakTFC
04-22-2015, 10:50 PM
Just woke up over here to see the result. Shocking. Mexican teams always seem to come up clutch for the second leg but regardless, great job to mtl.

portu
04-22-2015, 10:55 PM
I love it so now all those posters who thought the Impact were going to get slaughtered are now coming out here and posting that the Impact still have to win at home no kidding they do, but at least this makes that game in Montreal mean something for the sellout crowd of 60 000 or so that will be there to watch, it will be a great night for soccer in Canada and will force the mainstream media to not ignore. All I want is for soccer to be in the spotlight once in awhile here in Canada and it will with this game in Montreal next week, I'm a soccer fan first a Canadian national team fan second and a MTL fan after that.
I noticed an error in your post, I fixed it tho so it's all good.

edit: don't get too pissed off or anything I'm just screwing with u

__wowza
04-22-2015, 11:25 PM
I noticed an error in your post, I fixed it tho so it's all good.

edit: don't get too pissed off or anything I'm just screwing with u

thanks for the edit, the mods breathed a collective sigh of relief.

i wonder what happens if they win the thing, does anyone know?
are they going to pull a chelsea and automatically qualify for next year and take the only canadian spot?

Yohan
04-22-2015, 11:31 PM
thanks for the edit, the mods breathed a collective sigh of relief.

i wonder what happens if they win the thing, does anyone know?
are they going to pull a chelsea and automatically qualify for next year and take the only canadian spot?
Mtl goes to CWC, but misses this year's edition of CCL b/c Vancouver has the spot

General Woolfe
04-23-2015, 01:28 AM
I love it so now all those posters who thought the Impact were going to get slaughtered are now coming out here and posting that the Impact still have to win at home no kidding they do, but at least this makes that game in Montreal mean something for the sellout crowd of 60 000 or so that will be there to watch, it will be a great night for soccer in Canada and will force the mainstream media to not ignore. All I want is for soccer to be in the spotlight once in awhile here in Canada and it will with this game in Montreal next week, I'm a soccer fan first a Canadian national team fan second and a TFC fan after that.

I wouldnt be so sure. The mainstream media in this country will ingore it and have 5-6 channels showing the Ice Violence Play offs instead. Their bias against football wont diminish because of this result. Even if Montreal win it, they will relegate it to an after though after giving full coverage of the NLH and MLB games that night. Too many of them have a vested interest in 'soccer' failing

__wowza
04-23-2015, 04:57 AM
Mtl goes to CWC, but misses this year's edition of CCL b/c Vancouver has the spot

i swear they're going to throw up the chelsea "whadaya mean last years champions don't automatically qualify!?" argument.

trane
04-23-2015, 05:42 AM
I have always liked Montreal, they are criticized for being too old, and Joey Saputo is made fun off, but they have been better on the pitch then us since day one ( despite us beating them one on one). Their team organization and tactical play has always been superior. They have that solid base to build from from day one, in terms of style of play build on their years in the second tier. The whitecaps are similar.

I hope Montreal wins. Country over club for me, always.

Beach_Red
04-23-2015, 07:41 AM
I wouldnt be so sure. The mainstream media in this country will ingore it and have 5-6 channels showing the Ice Violence Play offs instead. Their bias against football wont diminish because of this result. Even if Montreal win it, they will relegate it to an after though after giving full coverage of the NLH and MLB games that night. Too many of them have a vested interest in 'soccer' failing

It's not really personal like that. Soccer is different - that's why you love it but it's also why they don't. They grew up with - and love - what you call the "Violence Play Offs," so clearly you see there isn't a lot of common ground between you and them. You have no intention of taking up their sport and they have the same attitude towards taking up yours.

But if soccer does overtake the other sports leagues (or equal them) then the media will go along with that. The reporters may be in it because they love their sports but the media owners only love money and don't actually care about the content. They will show whatever gets ratings.

Still, after ten years of following MLS I'm not sure the breakthrough is as inevitable as I've been told all that time. The sport - and the supporters - are different. In Toronto and Montreal and Vancouver soccer could probably be successful without bringing over any fans from other sports. Is that true in the rest of Canada? Is it true in many US markets? I guess we'll find out over the next 10-15 years.

portu
04-23-2015, 07:45 AM
I loved the TSN highlights this morning, Ig-neeee-cio Piatti

Fort York Redcoat
04-23-2015, 08:06 AM
It's not really personal like that. Soccer is different - that's why you love it but it's also why they don't. They grew up with - and love - what you call the "Violence Play Offs," so clearly you see there isn't a lot of common ground between you and them. You have no intention of taking up their sport and they have the same attitude towards taking up yours.

But if soccer does overtake the other sports leagues (or equal them) then the media will go along with that. The reporters may be in it because they love their sports but the media owners only love money and don't actually care about the content. They will show whatever gets ratings.

Still, after ten years of following MLS I'm not sure the breakthrough is as inevitable as I've been told all that time. The sport - and the supporters - are different. In Toronto and Montreal and Vancouver soccer could probably be successful without bringing over any fans from other sports. Is that true in the rest of Canada? Is it true in many US markets? I guess we'll find out over the next 10-15 years.

It's all incremental. Drops in a bucket, really. The most that this will do is get Montrealers closer to selling out Saputo for a while and a few (not that many but a few) folks that may already have trying a soccer game on the mind showing up for a TFC vs Montreal game.

It makes a difference but the numbers aren't in the tens of thousands for conversion, just distraction for a game or more.

Oldtimer
04-23-2015, 08:22 AM
Molinaro's summary and highlights of the match in Azteca:

http://www.sportsnet.ca/soccer/montreal-impact-mls-major-league-soccer-piatti-ciman-club-america-concacaf-champions-league/

Impact coach Frank Klopas’ game management in the first half was nearly flawless

portu
04-23-2015, 08:26 AM

The only thing keeping my generation from taking MLS seriously, and when I say seriously I mean they watch it every week and come into school talking about it, is the quality of play not the sport itself. The average person who follows soccer, and it's not hard to find someone who does, does not follow TFC. I'd say that maybe 1 in 40 soccer guys follow TFC, and that Soccer is a bigger sport than basketball, baseball and both forms of handegg. I know for a fact that this is the case amongst most non-Toronto high schools, including the private schools in Toronto. The fact of the matter is that people my age want to watch a quality product, or grew up supporting an Italian, German, Greek, Portuguese or English team. And yes, I know guys who stream Sporting, Benfica, Braga, Porto, Panathanikos, PAOK and I know I'm missing some other Greek ones every single weekend. It will be impossible for MLS to capture the imagination of the general sports fan until it captures the imagination of the soccer fan. I mean who do you think the general sports fan takes their cues from? Among soccer fans, in Ontario high schools at least, there is ZERO impression that this league is a retirement league, that is a non-issue. If MLSE were to build a 50 000 seat stadium tomorrow in Vaughn even and were playing say Valdes, Pepe, Perquis, Ashley Cole, Bradley, Giovinco, Altidore, Chicharito, Nani and De Rossi (these are random names that are relatable to the demographic so don't get too caught up in them) they would sell out that stadium every game and eventually garner TV ratings equal to or better than Tottenham versus Newcastle United, for example, on the weekend. The basis of the problem with MLS breaking through in Ontario, at least, through what I know and have experienced is investment.

MLS is going to hit a wall pretty soon if they don't invest heavily and unfortunately I don't think they see or undestand that. The attendance numbers in this league allow it to justify a sub-par product, yet it is my feeling that if people stopped showing up to watch a team with a 5-8m cap 6-10 years from now this league would simply decide to fold teams rather than double down investment. It is quite possible that attendance numbers or the people attending games are mainly families looking for a day out at the "saccer" in the next 10 years because they are really not creating fans in my generation.

Fort York Redcoat
04-23-2015, 08:29 AM
The only thing keeping my generation from taking MLS seriously, and when I say seriously I mean they watch it every week and come into school talking about it, is the quality of play not the sport itself. The average person who follows soccer, and it's not hard to find someone who does, does not follow TFC. I'd say that maybe 1 in 40 soccer guys follow TFC, and that Soccer is a bigger sport than basketball, baseball and both forms of handegg. I know for a fact that this is the case amongst most non-Toronto high schools, including the private schools in Toronto. The fact of the matter is that people my age want to watch a quality product, or grew up supporting an Italian, German, Greek, Portuguese or English team. And yes, I know guys who stream Sporting, Benfica, Braga, Porto, Panathanikos, PAOK and I know I'm missing some other Greek ones every single weekend. It will be impossible for MLS to capture the imagination of the general sports fan until it captures the imagination of the soccer fan. I mean who do you think the general sports fan takes their cues from? Among soccer fans, in Ontario high schools at least, there is ZERO impression that this league is a retirement league, that is a non-issue. If MLSE were to build a 50 000 seat stadium tomorrow in Vaughn even and were playing say Valdes, Pepe, Perquis, Ashley Cole, Bradley, Giovinco, Altidore, Chicharito, Nani and De Rossi (these are random names that are relatable to the demographic so don't get too caught up in them) they would sell out that stadium every game and eventually garner TV ratings equal to or better than Tottenham versus Newcastle United, for example, on the weekend. The basis of the problem with MLS breaking through in Ontario, at least, through what I know and have experienced is investment.

MLS is going to hit a wall pretty soon if they don't invest heavily and unfortunately I don't think they see or undestand that. The attendance numbers in this league allow it to justify a sub-par product, yet it is my feeling that if people stopped showing up to watch a team with a 5-8m cap 6-10 years from now this league would simply decide to fold teams rather than double down investment. It is quite possible that attendance numbers decline of the people or the people attending games are mainly families looking for a day out at the "saccer" in the next 10 years because they are really not creating fans in my generation.

It's comparable to CFL that way. Families watch it and grow up with it but seldom does one hear discussion about it. Heritage goes a long way to prop a league or team even (especially looking locally).

It won't be taken seriously as the best on offer but it doesn't have to be - look at the CFL.

Yohan
04-23-2015, 08:31 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M0R4AQr6Hkk

OgtheDim
04-23-2015, 08:44 AM
The other thing not many people are talking about - it was actually a fun game to watch.

Imagine what MLS teams could do with $50- $60 million budgets. We might even be able to afford a decent RB. g:D

Beach_Red
04-23-2015, 08:52 AM
The other thing not many people are talking about - it was actually a fun game to watch.

Imagine what MLS teams could do with $50- $60 million budgets. We might even be able to afford a decent RB. g:D

That's interesting because reading this thread didn't make it sound fun to watch. Laser pointers and poor officiating seemed to get the most mentions.

Would a baseball league in Europe with huge budgets be a success?

Detroit_TFC
04-23-2015, 08:56 AM
I was constantly waiting for C. A. to throw it into gear and start banging them in, but they never really seemed to take charge. That uncalled DOGSO was so CONCACAF I just had to laugh. Also got a chuckle from the jokers online saying can't really consider any play by Oduro a potential goal scoring opportunity.

Shway
04-23-2015, 09:09 AM
Kudos to the impact. I don't care if they win or not, however Klopas has his team very very very organized in defence. And that's been there success of this tournament, being able to absorb the attack, and hit them on the counter attack with Oduro stretching the defence with his pace.

impact look like Chelsea when they won the UCL recently. Park the bus.

QBall
04-23-2015, 09:10 AM
That's interesting because reading this thread didn't make it sound fun to watch. Laser pointers and poor officiating seemed to get the most mentions.

Watching the Limpact battle through the shitty ref/fans to come away with a tie is what made it fun. Wasn't the best game to highlight the sport or CONCACAF in general, but still fun.

Beach_Red
04-23-2015, 09:13 AM
It's comparable to CFL that way. Families watch it and grow up with it but seldom does one hear discussion about it. Heritage goes a long way to prop a league or team even (especially looking locally).

It won't be taken seriously as the best on offer but it doesn't have to be - look at the CFL.

Well, that's really the question, are there actually enough fans to sustain the league at CFL levels? And will the investors in the league be satisfied with CFL levels? Portu's theory that nothing is holding the league back except investment may be correct, but there has never been anything stopping a bunch of rich guys making that investment - except, I guess, they don't think it's a good one.

I really just wanted to speak to the idea that people have an interest in soccer failing. I don't think that's true. I just think that people may underestimate the level of competition for TV ratings. This is, as you say, a long-term project and like any other investment there is no guarantee of success.

OgtheDim
04-23-2015, 09:14 AM

Apples, oranges.

Apart from goals scored by TFC, 90% of posts in game are complaints.

Jack
04-23-2015, 09:31 AM
I readily admit that I am surprised because I didn't think they would be able to go into Estadio Azteca and do what they did against America. They really have a chance of pulling this off now. I still want them to lose because fuck them, but this is impressive. It's great that there is a focus on soccer in the media for a brief period thanks to this, so at least something good comes of this whole situation. That said, I will NEVER back Montreal to win anything. I just can't bring myself to feel anything other than a desire for them to lose, no matter how good it may or may not be for the sport in our country.

trane
04-23-2015, 10:16 AM
Kudos to the impact. I don't care if they win or not, however Klopas has his team very very very organized in defence. And that's been there success of this tournament, being able to absorb the attack, and hit them on the counter attack with Oduro stretching the defence with his pace.

They are intelligent on the counter they make smart incisive passes, and attack quickly. On defense they make mistakes, allow too much room ect, ect, but it is never as gabbing as ours, there is always someone, usually more then one in the vicinity.

They keep shape much better then us, so that there is always decent defensive organization and good passing lanes.

If we played like that give Giovinco and Altidore, we would be at the top of the league. I would like to see Bradley play the Reo-Cocker role. Oduro's speed is well used, to create space and problems for the defenders, on the counter. He may not score but he creates space for others to score. Jackson ( Does Fidley still have that pace) may be able to be used like that as well, although he has not played forward.

Yohan
04-23-2015, 11:22 AM

some ridiculously poor finishing by America saved their ass. plus IMFC got mauled on set piece defending. counter attack was good, but IMFC generally wasn't very good defensively

Yohan
04-23-2015, 11:24 AM
They are intelligent on the counter they make smart incisive passes, and attack quickly. On defense they make mistakes, allow too much room ect, ect, but it is never as gabbing as ours, there is always someone, usually more then one in the vicinity.

They keep shape much better then us, so that there is always decent defensive organization and good passing lanes.

If we played like that give Giovinco and Altidore, we would be at the top of the league. I would like to see Bradley play the Reo-Cocker role. Oduro's speed is well used, to create space and problems for the defenders, on the counter. He may not score but he creates space for others to score. Jackson ( Does Fidley still have that pace) may be able to be used like that as well, although he has not played forward.
I'll give Klopas much credit for getting max use out of Oduro. utilized his speed well to keep America defence a little more honest, and I think Oduro improved on his off the ball movement. much more improved player than the one we saw with TFC. having a guy like Piatti helps Oduro as well, which Oduro never had with TFC

Shway
04-23-2015, 12:04 PM

some ridiculously poor finishing by America saved their ass. plus IMFC got mauled on set piece defending. counter attack was good, but IMFC generally wasn't very good defensively

They definitely got let off the hook but considering the last CCL result at the Azteca ended with a 6-0 result. Their defence should still receive plaudits for allowing only 1 goal with the plethora of attackers that CA has.

Mateo1985
04-23-2015, 12:12 PM
I wish there was like a "like" button for these forum messages lol

Oldtimer
04-23-2015, 12:26 PM
I wish there was like a "like" button for these forum messages lol

Full members of the Red Patch Boys can add to the reputation of a board user. Click on the star icon under the post. The user will know that you liked what they say, plus getting reputation adds green (or red if bad) bars under your name.

Mateo1985
04-23-2015, 12:32 PM
Full members of the Red Patch Boys can add to the reputation of a board user. Click on the star icon under the post. The user will know that you liked what they say, plus getting reputation adds green (or red if bad) bars under your name.

Awesome. Thanks Oldtimer

james
04-23-2015, 01:43 PM
massive result for Impact. As much as I usually don't want Montreal to win anything, this would be very good for MLS and Canada if they win the next match!

JavierMartini
04-23-2015, 06:10 PM
This ref should be out of a job.

Globetrotter
04-23-2015, 08:03 PM
Impact will have to do without Bush in the return leg. The American goalkeeper picked up a yellow card after clashing with América's Paul Aguilar following the late goal, and that will put him out of the game in Montreal due to caution accumulation. The absence was confirmed by both CONCACAF and Montreal coach Frank Klopas after the game, and with backup Eric Kronberg (http://mlssoccer.com/players/eric-kronberg) cup-tied and 20-year-old Maxime Crépeau (http://mlssoccer.com/players/maxime-crepeau) injured, on-loan FC Edmonton goalkeeper John Smits is likely to start in his place.

What a game to step into...

Lennon
04-23-2015, 09:46 PM
Is the banner team working on a congratulatory banner for when we face Montreal? Amazing result for Canadian soccer !

JavierMartini
04-23-2015, 10:11 PM
Impact will have to do without Bush in the return leg. The American goalkeeper picked up a yellow card after clashing with América's Paul Aguilar following the late goal, and that will put him out of the game in Montreal due to caution accumulation. The absence was confirmed by both CONCACAF and Montreal coach Frank Klopas after the game, and with backup Eric Kronberg (http://mlssoccer.com/players/eric-kronberg) cup-tied and 20-year-old Maxime Crépeau (http://mlssoccer.com/players/maxime-crepeau) injured, on-loan FC Edmonton goalkeeper John Smits is likely to start in his place.

What a game to step into...

It's plain corruption. High time has come for us to call a spade a spade. The only yellow america got was a clear red, as clear as it gets. Multiple studs up tackles and even a clear stop weren't even called. This needs to be dealt with and The ussf, the mls, canadian soccer and the fans need to put a stop to it. If this shit doesn't stop, it will continue on. I'd rather it not happen to us.

BuSaPuNk
04-23-2015, 10:32 PM
Is the banner team working on a congratulatory banner for when we face Montreal? Amazing result for Canadian soccer !

This better be sarcasm

Qman
04-24-2015, 12:12 AM
montreal buddy got tickets so i'm going.
should be a great atmosphere.

... so getting in the latin american spirit whats better for piss bombs. ziplock small or balloons :)

Fort York Redcoat
04-24-2015, 06:39 AM

http://38.media.tumblr.com/5e6110fc02e4a6fb3c9eb79f9a8d5d35/tumblr_myuyaoqvf81rzik3go1_500.gif

http://i.imgur.com/a3HdD9c.gif

http://mrwgifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/No-Way-Simon-Pegg-In-Worlds-End-Gif.gif

flip
04-24-2015, 06:28 PM
Klopas has his team very very very organized in defence.

Klopas, or Concina? Hummm...

Yohan
04-24-2015, 06:33 PM
Klopas, or Concina? Hummm...
Concina has been influential for DCU as an assistant as well, and credited with revamping DCU defence last season.

Ivy
04-25-2015, 12:57 AM
LOL.
Thanks - I jush spit out tea all over myself.

OgtheDim
04-26-2015, 04:52 PM
Jeff Carlisle ‏@JeffreyCarlisle (https://twitter.com/JeffreyCarlisle) 56m56 minutes ago (https://twitter.com/JeffreyCarlisle/status/592431526870024193) Chicago Fire spokesperson has confirmed to me the legality & possibility of short term loan of Sean Johnson to Montreal for CCL match.

Initial B
04-26-2015, 05:29 PM
^ Hmm, this is getting interesting now. MLS really wants Montreal to succeed. I'm curious to see what the Liga MX response will be. I'm expecting there to be a fair bit of bad blood between the leagues by the time this is all over.

Auzzy
04-26-2015, 08:35 PM
Jeff Carlisle ‏@JeffreyCarlisle (https://twitter.com/JeffreyCarlisle) 56m56 minutes ago (https://twitter.com/JeffreyCarlisle/status/592431526870024193) Chicago Fire spokesperson has confirmed to me the legality & possibility of short term loan of Sean Johnson to Montreal for CCL match.

Nice big FU from MLS to CONCACAF if they pull that off. So you want to deny an obvious red card to the Mexican team + some other big screwup calls; then give a weak-ass yellow to the Montreal goalie in the last minute to get him banned for a game; allow laser pointers and all kinds of other crap by the Mexican fans to go unpunished? OK we can pull off some shit as well: move league games; loan players as needed; etc.

king10
04-26-2015, 09:34 PM
Apparently it isnt happening.

@JeffreyCarlisle: Source from MLS now tells me that "there is zero chance of a Sean Johnson loan to Montreal." #CCL #IMFC #CF97

Lennon
04-27-2015, 12:40 AM
This better be sarcasm

Lol. Yea.
I hope they crash and burn.
Very nervous that they won't.

LOL.
Thanks - I jush spit out tea all over myself.

g:D

Apparently it isnt happening.

@JeffreyCarlisle: Source from MLS now tells me that "there is zero chance of a Sean Johnson loan to Montreal." #CCL #IMFC #CF97

Good. That would have been a joke.

OgtheDim
04-27-2015, 08:19 PM
NASL ‏@naslofficial (https://twitter.com/naslofficial) 1h1 hour ago (https://twitter.com/naslofficial/status/592839247033401345)
.@IndyEleven (https://twitter.com/IndyEleven) goalkeeper Kristian Nicht transferred to @impactmontreal (https://twitter.com/impactmontreal): http://bit.ly/1DEzE86 (http://t.co/iiNtgp4i42)

Mateo1985
04-27-2015, 10:02 PM
Lol. Yea.
I hope they crash and burn.
Very nervous that they won't.

g:D

Good. That would have been a joke.

great to know it was sarcasm hahahah

Mateo1985
04-27-2015, 10:04 PM
Is anyone going to be watching this game cheering on Club America? As in at Shoeless Joe's or something?

Oldtimer
04-28-2015, 03:55 AM
NASL ‏@naslofficial (https://twitter.com/naslofficial) 1h1 hour ago (https://twitter.com/naslofficial/status/592839247033401345)
.@IndyEleven (https://twitter.com/IndyEleven) goalkeeper Kristian Nicht transferred to @impactmontreal (https://twitter.com/impactmontreal): http://bit.ly/1DEzE86 (http://t.co/iiNtgp4i42)

One of the best NASL keepers, already trained with Montreal. This gets interesting.

ryan
04-28-2015, 12:37 PM
Is anyone going to be watching this game cheering on Club America? As in at Shoeless Joe's or something?

Won't be at the pub, but I'll be behind CA all the way. Fuck the limpact. Hope they get pumped 8-0.

Mateo1985
04-28-2015, 12:40 PM
Definitely Ryan!!! The more the goal difference is the better!!!

Fuck the impact!!!

COYR!!!

OgtheDim
04-28-2015, 04:04 PM
Ives Galarcep ‏@SoccerByIves (https://twitter.com/SoccerByIves) 46m46 minutes ago (https://twitter.com/SoccerByIves/status/593147050595876864) Mercier-Hochelaga-Maisonneuve, Montréal (https://twitter.com/search?q=place%3A00b936323c1c349c) Kristian Nicht was only person left in an Indy pub as he watched 1st leg of Impact-America. Had no idea he would wind up playing in 2nd leg

GBV
04-28-2015, 04:35 PM
Game last week was listed as Sportsnet World and slot at Sportsnet 1 was saved for "NHL hockey." (Guess in case of lots of 7s?)

Soccer game tomorrow now listed for both SNW and SN1. Oh yeah.

WestStandGeoff
04-28-2015, 09:30 PM
So CONCACAF actually took action about all the shit being thrown on the pitch in Costa Rica in the semis, and the monkey chants directed at Oduro. I'm stunned. Step in the right direction for sure... now maybe they'll do something about the bags of urine?

Alajuelense fined for fan racism, behaviour during Champions League game against Impact (http://montrealgazette.com/sports/soccer/mls/montreal-impact/alajuelense-fined-for-fan-racism-behaviour-during-champions-league-game-against-impact)

portu
04-28-2015, 09:55 PM
It's fucked up if they win this thing without starting a single Canadian

Oldtimer
04-29-2015, 08:33 AM
Any streams for tonight?

Auzzy
04-29-2015, 09:46 AM
So CONCACAF actually took action about all the shit being thrown on the pitch in Costa Rica in the semis, and the monkey chants directed at Oduro. I'm stunned. Step in the right direction for sure... now maybe they'll do something about the bags of urine?

Alajuelense fined for fan racism, behaviour during Champions League game against Impact (http://montrealgazette.com/sports/soccer/mls/montreal-impact/alajuelense-fined-for-fan-racism-behaviour-during-champions-league-game-against-impact)

That's interesting. I wonder if they will do anything against CA for the constant laser pointers in the last game.

Shway
04-29-2015, 10:28 AM
It's fucked up if they win this thing without starting a single Canadian

Reason why I was against those who were avidly supporting MTL on this forum. This has nothing to do with Canadian soccer, other than the team being from a Canadian city. I was supporting the limpact when they made it to the QF's, because they had atleast 4 Canadians in their starting lineup.

Nodoubtguy
04-29-2015, 10:33 AM
Reason why I was against those who were avidly supporting MTL on this forum. This has nothing to do with Canadian soccer, other than the team being from a Canadian city. I was supporting the limpact when they made it to the QF's, because they had atleast 4 Canadians in their starting lineup.

I could care less if they are starting Canadians or not, this is huge for MLS.

Pint
04-29-2015, 10:40 AM
I don't understand how this is huge for mls, they are not an mls team in this competition. They do not represent mls in this competition, they qualified via voyageurs cup. mls has no mechanism for them to qualify and I would imagine they would rather see any American based team in this slot over mtl.

Redpunkfiddle
04-29-2015, 10:41 AM
Ives Galarcep ‏@SoccerByIves (https://twitter.com/SoccerByIves) 46m46 minutes ago (https://twitter.com/SoccerByIves/status/593147050595876864) Mercier-Hochelaga-Maisonneuve, Montréal (https://twitter.com/search?q=place%3A00b936323c1c349c) Kristian Nicht was only person left in an Indy pub as he watched 1st leg of Impact-America. Had no idea he would wind up playing in 2nd leg

My German brother in law just noticed this guy played years ago for his hometown team, 3/4 division Stuttgart Kickers.

Incidentily, their current team usually features more Canadians on the pitch than the Impact, for those who follow such things :)

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Randy_Edwini-Bonsu

OgtheDim
04-29-2015, 10:56 AM
I don't understand how this is huge for mls, they are not an mls team in this competition. They do not represent mls in this competition, they qualified via voyageurs cup. mls has no mechanism for them to qualify and I would imagine they would rather see any American based team in this slot over mtl.

Both in Mexico and all over MLS world, this game is seen as MLS vs. Liga MX. And quite a few people equate beating up Liga MX teams with growth in MLS.

flatpicker
04-29-2015, 11:03 AM

I don't see it that way at all. You're reaching pretty far if you're trying to classify Montreal as anything but an MLS club. Qualifying through V-Cup changes nothing.

Ultra & Proud
04-29-2015, 11:22 AM
Both in Mexico and all over MLS world, this game is seen as MLS vs. Liga MX. And quite a few people equate beating up Liga MX teams with growth in MLS.
Not to mention having a Canadian team win it may change the coefficient so we don't get stuck in the arse draw every single year.

That being said, I hate everything about this match. I know it's good for a lot of reasons but why them of all teams?

Jack
04-29-2015, 11:24 AM
The fine details about how they qualified and what nationality their players are do not really matter to the wider audience. They just see an upstart (Canadian) MLS team taking on a Mexican giant in the continental final.

That storyline is going to be huge for MLS no matter the angle.

Nodoubtguy
04-29-2015, 11:53 AM
The fine details about how they qualified and what nationality their players are do not really matter to the wider audience. They just see an upstart (Canadian) MLS team taking on a Mexican giant in the continental final.

That storyline is going to be huge for MLS no matter the angle.

This.

I remember being so behind RSL when they made the finals.

Petor
04-29-2015, 12:46 PM
Not to mention having a Canadian team win it may change the coefficient so we don't get stuck in the arse draw every single year.

That being said, I hate everything about this match. I know it's good for a lot of reasons but why them of all teams?

Would you rather have Vancouver? :p

__wowza
04-29-2015, 12:58 PM
Any streams for tonight?

check back closer to the game, but firstrowsports.eu is always your best bet.

This.

i'm just not in the spirit of cheering for our rivals. :(

Oldtimer
04-29-2015, 01:07 PM
This.

I was too. Plus they were playing such beautiful football at the time.

Shway
04-29-2015, 01:18 PM
I was too. Plus they were playing such beautiful football at the time.

This.

Unlike Montreal playing Chelsea ball. Anywhooo good luck MTL!

OgtheDim
04-29-2015, 01:32 PM

I'd like to see a second Canadian team get a preliminary round game.

Shway
04-29-2015, 01:36 PM

If by coefficient you mean the number of teams? That will never change for a country that has only 5 teams. Regardless if MTL win it. (and it wouldn't seem right)
But if you mean coefficient for which pot we will enter that doesn't really matter TBH. Considering they were drawn against a team from the US, and El Salvador the pot shit doesn't really matter.

Shway
04-29-2015, 01:40 PM
^ not happening.

I'd like to see a second Canadian team get a preliminary round game.

What I would like to see is the US get a 5th spot, with Canadian teams being able to qualify through the MLS. I.e. if TFC, MTL, WFC win the MLS Cup or Supporters shield.

Oldtimer
04-29-2015, 01:57 PM
If by coefficient you mean the number of teams? That will never change for a country that has only 5 teams. Regardless if MTL win it. (and it wouldn't seem right)
But if you mean coefficient for which pot we will enter that doesn't really matter TBH. Considering they were drawn against a team from the US, and El Salvador the pot shit doesn't really matter.

Having an extra game to qualify does matter.

I agree we probably won't get 2 teams in the competition in the near future, although add a couple more NASL teams and we might see it happen.

TorontoGooner
04-29-2015, 03:45 PM
Let's slow down here. This is not huge for MLS as a global brand. It's huge within MLS.

The Club World Cup is as pointless as the 3rd/4th place Playoff at the World Cup. Its purely a commercial enterprise. The only reason its gained any weight is because MLS is getting desperate, and the Impact as a franchise knew without this cup run, the season would be a write off. Its a bottom of the league club playing in an absolute joke of a competition.

Its so mickey mouse to support your rival. Fuck the League, fuck it being good for Canadian soccer (it won't make a difference, not a single Canadian will be on the pitch). I'm a TFC fan, and I hate the Impact. If anyone on here who is cheering for the Impact tonight dares to sing about their loyalty for TFC this year, they are merely showing how amateur and cringe worthy this league can be. It's embarrassing. We need a rivalry, not a lets-hold-hands-and-have-a-picnic mentality.

Anyways, rant over. I love all of you.

MartinUtd
04-29-2015, 04:03 PM
I love it when loyalties are questioned on this board. It fosters such great conversation.

TorontoGooner
04-29-2015, 04:08 PM
I love it when loyalties are questioned on this board. It fosters such great conversation.

yeah, I admit. I went a bit far there LOL

Yohan
04-29-2015, 04:31 PM
http://www.mlssoccer.com/ccl/news/article/2015/04/29/toronto-fc-set-aside-rivalry-evening-back-montreal-impact-champions-league

some TFC players need re-education :P

Rochdale
04-29-2015, 05:07 PM
Sportsnet have confirmed game will also be broadcast on Sportsnet one.

OgtheDim
04-29-2015, 05:09 PM
I give this hopefulness for Montreal to do well about 7 days....next Wednesday night, the first hard tackle and Hagglund and Morgan will be all "I HATES THOSE DUDES!"

MartinUtd
04-29-2015, 05:24 PM
yeah, I admit. I went a bit far there LOL

haha no worries, I dig the passion but that is a bit of a hot button issue.

Last week I was wanting CA to ruin Montreal, but after seeing how the game played out I'm shifting a bit towards neutral now. It's much the same way I feel about Mayweather vs Pacquiao, they can't both lose but I can enjoy the spectacle either way.

WestStandGeoff
04-29-2015, 05:39 PM

As recently as 5 years ago, Scotland had 2 Champions League spots and 3 Europa League/UEFA Cup spots (whatever it was called at the time). That meant that 5 teams from a league of 12 qualified for Europe... it wasn't a factor of the size of the league, but the quality and how they performed in European competitions. Yes, I understand that CONCACAF doesn't allot spaces the same way that UEFA does, but if Canadian teams show consistent success, then there is a strong argument to give for more spots.

Oldtimer
04-29-2015, 05:56 PM
@TorontoGooner

It should be noted that the Mexicans are taking this very seriously.

In Europe it's gaining interest and clubs are starting to take it more seriously. It's a newer competition so it takes a while for it to gain traction. Sure it's about the bucks, but so is every major competition, including the World Cup.

PAOK17
04-29-2015, 06:00 PM
As recently as 5 years ago, Scotland had 2 Champions League spots and 3 Europa League/UEFA Cup spots (whatever it was called at the time). That meant that 5 teams from a league of 12 qualified for Europe... it wasn't a factor of the size of the league, but the quality and how they performed in European competitions. Yes, I understand that CONCACAF doesn't allot spaces the same way that UEFA does, but if Canadian teams show consistent success, then there is a strong argument to give for more spots.
I've been saying this since the first year the Champions League was formed in it's modern form. If not use coefficients for deciding number of representatives, at least have a coefficient system for individual teams to decide how the group seedings are determined. Mexico and US getting the top seeds automatically is borderline corrupt. Barcelona is a Pot A team in UEFA because they are Barcelona, not because they are Spanish. If they stop qualifying for CL, they will definitely drop in seeding for UEFA competitions.

Oldtimer
04-29-2015, 06:00 PM
I give this hopefulness for Montreal to do well about 7 days....next Wednesday night, the first hard tackle and Hagglund and Morgan will be all "I HATES THOSE DUDES!"

The players will want to win.T here will be no warm feelings in the slightest!

Lennon
04-29-2015, 06:01 PM
Let's slow down here. This is not huge for MLS as a global brand. It's huge within MLS.

The Club World Cup is as pointless as the 3rd/4th place Playoff at the World Cup. Its purely a commercial enterprise. The only reason its gained any weight is because MLS is getting desperate, and the Impact as a franchise knew without this cup run, the season would be a write off. Its a bottom of the league club playing in an absolute joke of a competition.

Its so mickey mouse to support your rival. Fuck the League, fuck it being good for Canadian soccer (it won't make a difference, not a single Canadian will be on the pitch). I'm a TFC fan, and I hate the Impact. If anyone on here who is cheering for the Impact tonight dares to sing about their loyalty for TFC this year, they are merely showing how amateur and cringe worthy this league can be. It's embarrassing. We need a rivalry, not a lets-hold-hands-and-have-a-picnic mentality.

European clubs are the only ones that think it's pointless. I'm pretty sure it's a big deal in every other confederation. I know it is for South American teams.

Totally agree with your second point. Seems like some people here are bigger fans of MLS than TFC :facepalm:

MartinUtd
04-29-2015, 06:10 PM

If we get to count our 2 NASL teams then Scotland gets to count their 30 professional teams outside the premiership. I know Scottish league 2 is a bit of a stretch, but the point is they have the teams and the players to command so many European football spots. When we get to an 8 team voyageurs cup tournament, then we think about an extra preliminary draw.

As for coefficients, yeah it seems a bit unfair. But the CCL is still in its infancy so I don't mind having pre-appointed seeds for the time being. Maybe in 5 years they'll take another look at the format... that seems reasonable to me.

ryan
04-29-2015, 06:12 PM

I don't disagree the Club World Cup really isn't all that much of anything, but I'd argue you're a bit harsh on what CCL is. It's becoming something, clubs are caring a bit more every year. We're writing the history now so in the future it'll have some real weight to it.

On the other hand, like we agreed in Orlando, fuck the Impact. Do Leafs fans want the Habs to succeed? Did Jays fans enjoy watching Farrell win a world series with the BoSox in 2013? For those who have latched onto Euro clubs from young ages, do you support your clubs rivals in UEFA tournaments? I'd find it hard to believe anyone saying yes to this stuff. MLS hasn't quite shaken it's "new and we should all be friends" nonsense yet. 30 years from now, this won't even be discussed, it'll build and we'll not even consider the thought of supporting these bastards. MLS is showing how young it is right now IMO. Had this tournament been 50 years old with multiple MLS winners, there wouldn't be a fraction of the MTL support across the league. No way in hell.

Lastly, I also am in agreeance this means next to nothing for Canadian soccer. At best some poutine eating offspring catch wind of the buzz and become a pro player or something? I don't see much else. Saputo will remain poorly attended all season regardless, book it. What exactly does Canadian soccer get out of this?

Leedsoronto
04-29-2015, 07:05 PM
Looks like a sell out at Montreal

SoccMan2
04-29-2015, 07:11 PM
I'm going for the Impact hate me all you want guys, hate, hate, hate, go Impact good for the MLS good for Canadian soccer, and yes I'm a TFC season ticket holder since day one, if anybody has a problem with me let me know come to my section and seat if you want and we can have a little chat sometime.

flamehawk
04-29-2015, 07:12 PM
disappointed to not see Smits starting ... he's not even on the bench. Really wanted to see how he handled play at a higher level, instead we don't have a single Canadian player starting.. disappointing.

tfc2008
04-29-2015, 07:15 PM
Be honnest guys Montreal don't need 7 are 8 years to put them on the map

we are in seison 8 and still nowhere

Leedsoronto
04-29-2015, 07:16 PM
Wow he walked it in amazing goal

Shway
04-29-2015, 07:17 PM
Wow...

__wowza
04-29-2015, 07:18 PM
Wow he walked it in amazing goal

the problem with the impact is they're always tryin to walk it in.

http://www.theitcrowd.co.uk/img/chars/roy.jpg

JavierMartini
04-29-2015, 07:20 PM
anyone have a stream??

__wowza
04-29-2015, 07:21 PM
anyone have a stream??

http://firstrowca.eu/watch/342006/2/watch-montreal-impact-vs-club-america-mexico.html (http://firstrowca.eu/watch/342006/2/watch-montreal-impact-vs-club-america-mexico.html)