PDA

View Full Version : Oduro continues the tradition...

jloome
02-17-2015, 05:58 PM
...of post-TFC performance, scoring the only goal as the Impact beat Cruz Azul in Mexico City, 1-0. It was a chippy second half with two reds (one each way) after McInerney got into a scrap. Cruz Azul blew two penalties, hitting the post once and having the other saved by Busch.

Is that the first time an MLS team has won in Mexico City?

Shakes McQueen
02-17-2015, 06:00 PM
Missing two penalties, and losing 1-0? Yikes. I'd be scared to be in that locker room after the match.

jloome
02-17-2015, 06:31 PM
Missing two penalties, and losing 1-0? Yikes. I'd be scared to be in that locker room after the match.

Yeah, not going to go over well there, even though it's a friendly.

Alonso
02-17-2015, 06:44 PM
...of post-TFC performance, scoring the only goal as the Impact beat Cruz Azul in Mexico City, 1-0. It was a chippy second half with two reds (one each way) after McInerney got into a scrap. Cruz Azul blew two penalties, hitting the post once and having the other saved by Busch.

Is that the first time an MLS team has won in Mexico City?

I can't recall any other team doing it.

If an MLS team can manage to do it in a competition then I'll be impressed.

MagicPig
02-17-2015, 07:07 PM
I can't recall any other team doing it.

If an MLS team can manage to do it in a competition then I'll be impressed.

happened last year in the champions league

http://www.foxsports.com/foxsoccer/mls/story/pumas-unam-0-1-fc-dallas-concacaf-champions-league-recap-monterry-081711

Alonso
02-17-2015, 07:16 PM
happened last year in the champions league

http://www.foxsports.com/foxsoccer/mls/story/pumas-unam-0-1-fc-dallas-concacaf-champions-league-recap-monterry-081711

Nice, good find.

I wonder if MLS teams start winning in Mexico more regularly if they'll start putting out there "A" line-ups or if this competition will always be second fiddle to league play.

Lennon
02-17-2015, 07:16 PM
For a second there I thought you were from the future .. telling us about the Pachuca vs. Montreal game from next week lol.

Mark TFC
02-17-2015, 08:02 PM
I posted about this earlier in another thread as well. Not slagging Oduro because I was pretty disappointed to see him go, but he couldn't hit the side of a barn here, and then he goes and scores in his first match (albeit a friendly) for the Limp Act.