PDA

View Full Version : There Is Only One Danny Dichio

trane
07-23-2008, 03:52 PM
He is our best player. He is not the fastest, and the most skilled. However, his finishing instinct, heart and soccer IQ sets him appart from all our other players. His absence is the single biggest reason for our current slump.

nimamalek
07-23-2008, 03:55 PM
i dont think anyone would disagree with that, thats 2 years running that his injuries have cost us games

Parkdale
07-23-2008, 03:56 PM
why you gotta go making threads all the time trane? ;)

trane
07-23-2008, 04:02 PM
^frustration. THere is no thread on this. Plus before today, I had not started none for some time.

Gobi
07-23-2008, 04:02 PM
Danny, hurry the fuck up and get well please!

rocker
07-23-2008, 04:09 PM
at least when Danny gets an obvious chance, he puts the ball in the net.
he won't create any amazing chances with speed or skill, but he rarely blows the easy ones, the gimmees.

Kayed
07-23-2008, 04:10 PM
ohhhh danny dichiooooooooo

trane
07-23-2008, 04:10 PM
He create chances with knowhow and grit, and he is not afraid to shot, and when he takes a shot more often then not it is on target.

Brooker
07-23-2008, 04:12 PM
Danny is so important to our team it aint even funny.

all lastnight i kept thinking "if only baldy was here..."

Northern Soul
07-23-2008, 04:16 PM
He is our best player. He is not the fastest, and the most skilled. However, his finishing instinct, heart and soccer IQ sets him appart from all our other players. His absence is the single biggest reason for our current slump.

QFFT!!!!

Super
07-23-2008, 04:20 PM
His first touch is absolutely second to none on this team.

TFC4ever
07-23-2008, 04:54 PM
Any indication on the length of his absence? Now with Ibrahim gone for a couple of games and the Olympics-related losses it feels awfully reminiscent of the same time last season where we had to field our second-string squad

Kevvv
07-23-2008, 04:55 PM
He's been the key difference. He's been out since July 1, no surprise that it's been a shite month for the team

bhoybobby
07-23-2008, 05:00 PM

To the football savvy amongst us, this goes without saying. I wouldn't class this injury as a durability injury. It's an above & beyond the call injury. Blocking a shot with your noggin.

Something the lazy French Fry Robert would never do.

Dichio would've scored last night & sorted Braz & Co out while he was at it. You can't coach heart & football I.Q.

Mango Kid
07-23-2008, 05:04 PM
For much of the year, I thought Dichio slow, plodding...but with a nose for goal. I cracked him for not being the typical speed merchant in space. Fuck...I'll take slow and plodding now, thanks very much. We do not win minus Double D.

RPB_TFC_FAN
07-23-2008, 05:07 PM
and to think 2 months ago , many on this board were in dispute whether it should be cunny or dichio in the starting XI as the striker !

DD we need you back !

i doubt the results would be even remotely close today as they were 2 months ago !

ExiledRed
07-23-2008, 05:08 PM
To the football savvy amongst us, this goes without saying. I wouldn't class this injury as a durability injury. It's an above & beyond the call injury. Blocking a shot with your noggin.

Something the lazy French Fry Robert would never do.

Dichio would've scored last night & sorted Braz & Co out while he was at it. You can't coach heart & football I.Q.

yes. yes and yes

Marco2K
07-23-2008, 05:11 PM
Danny Dichio is the man!!!

Section 117
07-23-2008, 05:11 PM
Any indication on the length of his absence? Now with Ibrahim gone for a couple of games and the Olympics-related losses it feels awfully reminiscent of the same time last season where we had to field our second-string squad

A friend of mine does work with him, he was telling me today there is no real time table to when he is coming back. He feels a lot better, but he has a history of concussions and they are being extremly careful with his return.

bhoybobby
07-23-2008, 05:14 PM
and to think 2 months ago , many on this board were in dispute whether it should be cunny or dichio in the starting XI as the striker !

DD we need you back !

That's a sad indictment of our support's football I.Q. It was never in doubt

RPB_TFC_FAN
07-23-2008, 05:17 PM
That's a sad indictment of our support's football I.Q. It was never in doubt

regardless of what you think , im simply stating and remembering it was roughly 60/40 in dichio's favor, however change upfront was discussed amongst supporters here.

ManUtd4ever
07-23-2008, 05:28 PM
Without question, Danny D is still the heart and soul of TFC. I don't know the exact numbers, but TFC's record with him in the lineup since he joined the club is markedly better. How many games has TFC won as a franchise with Dichio sidelined? One, maybe two...

RPB_TFC_FAN
07-23-2008, 05:31 PM
Danny Dichio has something , some players on our squad lack. You simply cannot teach HEART

Toronto_Bhoy
07-23-2008, 05:32 PM
Even my teenage daughter said last night…"This team is really soft without Danny Dichio in the line up…"

I'm surprised Carver hasn't got a concussion the way he throws his hands up to his head every time we miss a sitter…

Roogsy
07-23-2008, 06:11 PM
I said it yesterday after the game. I hope all the Dichio-haters shut the hell up. If I hear another person here or at the game ignore what DD brings to this team, I am going to pour my beer on them.

Section 117
07-23-2008, 06:34 PM
why waste a beer on ignorance

werewolf
07-23-2008, 06:35 PM
We have won 11 league games in two seasons, and only twice has it been with Dichio not in the line-up.

ManUtd4ever
07-23-2008, 06:39 PM
We have won 11 league games in two seasons, and only twice has it been with Dichio not in the line-up.

Yup, that's what I thought...

Blixa
07-23-2008, 06:49 PM
We're nothing without Dichio. Simply fucking nothing.

trane
07-23-2008, 07:45 PM

That says it.

stretchthetruth
07-23-2008, 08:30 PM
I noticed he was on the field during the warm up either last night or the SJ game in a baseball cap, helping guys get ready and talking to Ibrahim quite a bit... He's a big nasty player that give defenders fits, and to say he would have sorted Braz out is an understatement - he would have made him shit his pants.

james
07-23-2008, 09:19 PM
yup, we need Danny back!

TFC Tifoso
07-23-2008, 10:56 PM

Correct 100%. The last game I had in my half season package was the 0-0 tie with KC. I had to defend Dichio to some people in 226 who were calling him slow and lazy (Dichio....lazy....imagine that)....I can't wait to talk to them my next game in mid-August.

trane
07-24-2008, 10:10 AM
People make too much of his lack of pace. I will say this the lack of pace is his main achilles heel, for which he makes up with many other qualities.

If Dichio had pace he would not be in the MLS, but in Europe.