PDA

View Full Version : Carver is the BEST addition this team has!

TFCREDNWHITE
07-23-2008, 03:43 PM
1) Carver knows his TACTICS!

2) Carver was instrumental in deploying a STATE OF THE ART system that monitors and tracks not only our team, but opposition as well!!

3) Carver along with Mo brought in players where they were needed, and now they are needed up top in the striker position! and don't worry they will get it done!!

4) Carver knows more about coaching and tactics then almost anybody else in this league!

5) Carver is our best signing to date!

6) Carver NEEDS players that are very good/great to execute the tactics necessary!

7) blame the fucking players or lack of!! not Carver!

colman1860
07-23-2008, 03:44 PM
Dont know if youre being sarcastic, but I agree 100%.

Smenge
07-23-2008, 03:47 PM
The sad irony, is that everything you are saying about Carver, we said about MO last year, and he ended up replacing himself. Carver won't stay long if MO fails to deliver.

Parkdale
I think I'm going to make a 'Carver Superthread' for all this talk

trane
I agree. Although I do not think that he needs great players, just players that will play all out every game and play in the system, and one constant finisher. We need more footy IQ as a team.

noochie
07-23-2008, 03:49 PM
Fire Mo! ;)

TFCREDNWHITE
07-23-2008, 03:49 PM
I'm just sick of people shitting on him, when really they don't understand what he's trying to do!!

nimamalek
07-23-2008, 03:55 PM
i love the guy

TicTacTabarnack
07-23-2008, 04:06 PM
He's been a great addition and has started working towards creating a competitive mentality amongst the players (though he might be crossing the line when putting some of them down in public instead of ripping them a new one in private and relegating them to the Reserve locker room).

He said it time and time again ... I NEED STRIKERS (wink wink nudge nudge Mo) ... Get'r done! A coach can't turn a sub par team MLS team into an EPL team over night (which won't happen with a $2.4M salary cap). He can only take them so far .... Someone has to give him the tools/talent to succeed.

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
07-23-2008, 04:33 PM
Carver is not the problem.......not even SIR alEx...COULD WORK WITH THESE STRIKERS!

Derko
07-23-2008, 04:43 PM
I like Carver and I like Mo, two quality strikers with a healthy Dichio will do it for me.

ben_vw
07-23-2008, 04:45 PM
I like Carver and I like Mo, two quality strikers with a healthy Dichio will do it for me.

We are on the exact same page!

Captain Croatia
07-23-2008, 04:51 PM
Does Carver have some sort of power in in who to bring over, because if he can get at least one GOOD striker, then out with Mo.

ensco
07-23-2008, 04:53 PM
I have been in Carver's corner, but after last night, I'm not sure. I think he gave Mo and the brass a lot to think about with his decisions yesterday.

I am 44 years old and have never seen an outburst like that, calling out key players.

Cunningham was bad enough, but he's obviously gone.

But going after Wynne, and Jimmy B?

Wow.

It may be evidence that he's lost the room, or that's he's in a major power struggle with Mo.

Boschmeister
07-23-2008, 04:56 PM
http://torontofc.neulion.com/tfc/console.jsp

Check out his post game interview. I love how he doesn't mince his words...

Reporter " What were your thoughts about the last chance when the ball was on the goal line with what looked like a tap in for Jeff"

Carver" Honestly? I was thinking how did he score 99 goals!"

profit89
07-23-2008, 05:00 PM
Carver stays.

bhoybobby
07-23-2008, 05:01 PM
Carver knows Mo's left him holding a bag o poo

Ossington Mental Youth
07-23-2008, 05:01 PM
Good to see some sense has prevailed.
Been avoiding this forum like the plague today (well, as much as i can anyways, HA)

Toronto_Bhoy
07-23-2008, 05:07 PM
That outburst was very risky…pretty tough to walk back into the room after that.

Personally, I think it was a shot at Mo…give me what I need or cut me loose…I'm not hanging about holding…errr…a bag o poo…

olegunnar
07-23-2008, 05:11 PM
, or that's he's in a major power struggle with Mo.

My theory is that it's this.

Bigwigs are asking questions about the teams performance, and Mo will say...it's Carver...I did my job I brought in Guevara Ricketts Robert 2 draft picks that are seeing a lot of time etc. etc.

Then Carver says...it's Mo...I have no strikers and a bunch of loafers.

Mo has his GolTV extra time face time to lament how his hard work hasn't paid off yet, and JC has his press conference to tell his side of the story.

I also wonder (and I admit I'm talking out of my ass) if the team has Mo's guys and JCs guys. There seem to be guys Carver will publically go after...and some he won't.

Ossington Mental Youth
07-23-2008, 05:15 PM
I dont think its a power struggle, i think everyone recognizes that a striker is needed and we will get one.
Whether hes quality and performs is different (i would bank he will), but i really dont see that happening. Carvers called for one from the start and recent games have proved that we need one badly, that alone should prove that its Mos fault IF there are issues (which i doubt there are). Once again, give Mo a chance, he came through before and will come through again...

AL-MO
07-23-2008, 05:18 PM
I'm just sick of people shitting on him, when really they don't understand what he's trying to do!!

What are we not understanding what he is 'trying' to do?

TFCREDNWHITE
07-23-2008, 05:53 PM
What are we not understanding what he is 'trying' to do?

Not U! but others who just constantly shit on Carver like he's a coach we picked up from The Tim Hortons Timbits league!! Fuck the guy knows what he's doing! He has been alongside the great Sir Bobby Robson and Guillt!
The guy knows exactly what he has to do, but the players are just fucking shite right now!! And whoever said Sir Alex Fergy can't even coach these fuckwads to a cup is right! the players need to get their act together! I agree 2 QUALITY strikers will do wonders!

ensco
07-23-2008, 06:27 PM
Not U! but others who just constantly shit on Carver like he's a coach we picked up from The Tim Hortons Timbits league!! Fuck the guy knows what he's doing! He has been alongside the great Sir Bobby Robson and Guillt!

No chance that Robson would ever do what Carver did last night. None.

Roogsy
07-23-2008, 06:30 PM
Blaming Carver for what's happened is to give a free pass to the players who are underachieving.

At the end of the day, regardless of who we have coaching this team, the players have to perform. And missing a sitter and sending crosses into nomans land and gambling on defensive positioning is not up to Carver.

He has given them what they need to play...now it's up to them to produce.

djking2
07-23-2008, 06:45 PM
I think both Mo and Carver have been working MLSE hard for a couple months for the money to get the caliber of players and DP that both fans and they would like. Sounds like Carver is getting tired of waiting,

Jimmy The Saint
07-23-2008, 07:07 PM
He's been a great addition and has started working towards creating a competitive mentality amongst the players (though he might be crossing the line when putting some of them down in public instead of ripping them a new one in private and relegating them to the Reserve locker room).

If he ripped them one publically, can you imagine the shit kicking he game them in private?

And to be fair - Cunny needed to be relegated to the reserves. It's for his own safety. They have anti-supporter rays in the reserve lockers so we can't go and tear him one ourselves. :)

v00d00daddy
07-23-2008, 07:07 PM
How can Carver decide to stick with the 4-5-1 after Montreal ties the game?

How can that possibly make sense. You knew Montreal was going to play 9-10 behind the ball after they equalized.

He said it in his press conference and I wish he had done it. Edu should have come out and send in Cunny or Smith with Ibra while he was still fresh.

TFC does not need two holding midfielders on the field at the same time. Robbo and Edu do the same thing. Play responsibly and they fuck up nearly every opportunity to distribute the ball in an attacking manner. And that's from 2 guys in the middle of the pitch! Pure garbage.

I know Carver is only playing the hand he's been dealt but he should have grown a pair and subbed off Edu when he first had the idea.

sidney
07-23-2008, 07:11 PM
1) Carver knows his TACTICS!

2) Carver was instrumental in deploying a STATE OF THE ART system that monitors and tracks not only our team, but opposition as well!!

3) Carver along with Mo brought in players where they were needed, and now they are needed up top in the striker position! and don't worry they will get it done!!

4) Carver knows more about coaching and tactics then almost anybody else in this league!

5) Carver is our best signing to date!

6) Carver NEEDS players that are very good/great to execute the tactics necessary!

7) blame the fucking players or lack of!! not Carver!

don't know if I agree with all of what you said, but I agree that "Carver is the best TFC addition"

Oldtimer
07-23-2008, 07:19 PM
I think both Mo and Carver have been working MLSE hard for a couple months for the money to get the caliber of players and DP that both fans and they would like. Sounds like Carver is getting tired of waiting,

I think so. The blast expressed some frustration with the players, but the real point of what he was saying was to MLSE's board of directors. They probably haven't given Mo enough money to get the quality of DP that this team needs. That would explain the most recent turn-down.

Ossington Mental Youth
07-23-2008, 07:24 PM
I think so. The blast expressed some frustration with the players, but the real point of what he was saying was to MLSE's board of directors. They probably haven't given Mo enough money to get the quality of DP that this team needs. That would explain the most recent turn-down.

Pure observation with no rationale to back it up

Oldtimer
07-23-2008, 07:28 PM

Agreed that Carver is one of the better coaches in the league (those who disagree haven't read the endless BS discussions about OTHER team's coaches).

I would say, though, that Gullit and Preki are the best two coaches in the league. What Gullit has done with LA is amazing, considering that the team has 2 world class players, 1 decent player, and the rest is pretty low quality by MLS standards. Why even Buddle is on a tear!

What Preki did to change Chivas from a bottom team to a strong side won him coach of the year honours in 2007. Carver is probably 3rd-4th out of the 14 coaches who started this year (one of whom was fired).

Oldtimer
07-23-2008, 07:29 PM
Pure observation with no rationale to back it up

True... it's just a suspicion, consider it labelled as such. :)

Helmet
07-23-2008, 07:29 PM
After watching the clip, I feel that Carver's remarks were fairly made. He spoke calmly and with control. If a player has trouble being called out with honest remarks then they most likely do not have the courage to compete and become champions.

Bombonera
07-23-2008, 07:33 PM
Bringing in more and needed offence at the 70th minute instea of at half time has got to be representative of some of the most mndless tactical thinking I have witnessed in some time..

Oh no wait, it ws only a few wks ago that he sat our starters against KC rsultig in the beginning of the end...

MLSE is the absolute worst. However, please let's all give our heads a firm shake regarding carver's tactical genious. The man is here becuase he couldn'tget a job accross the pond. PERIOD.

james
07-23-2008, 08:12 PM
tho i do like Carver,i find some of his remarks pretty funny, but other times i dont know what Carver is thinking. If he thinks Cunningham is such shit then why would he even play him in such a big game?

jloome
07-23-2008, 08:18 PM
I think Carver's trying to embarass Cunningham into snapping out of it and proving him wrong. I think he's trying to get Wynne to stop being an arrogant prick about his speed and sit back a bit. Obviously, sitting on his long reputation as a "players coach" from when he was a field coach in England, he's decided some players over here don't react to that and just take advantage of it, which is the same in any work place.