PDA

View Full Version : Columbus road trip March 14

dutch
02-13-2015, 01:57 AM
This seems like such a great idea. Get to see the team 6 weeks early.
Show them support on the road in they're second game and first one back east.
What great timing this is and to be able to help them get off to a great start.

Im sending in my $25 tomorrow, has anyone been talking about an early road trip.

Ivy
02-13-2015, 02:55 AM
No comment.

Send your 25$ in.

Enterprise Captain
02-13-2015, 07:53 AM
has anyone been talking about an early road trip.
http://forums.redpatchboys.ca/showthread.php?36957-Bus-to-Columbus

dutch
02-13-2015, 01:11 PM
No comment.

Send your 25$ in.

What is the point your trying to convey here?
I dont think your trying to be an ass
and I dont think you mean its a secretive organization like fight club.

Fort York Redcoat
02-13-2015, 01:26 PM
What is the point your trying to convey here?
I dont think your trying to be an ass
and I dont you mean its a secretive organization like fight club.

There are things happening with this trip.

In the members area and outside of it.

Plenty of ways to get to Columbus. What's your plan?

dutch
02-13-2015, 01:40 PM
I just mentioned it was a great idea and Ivy wasnt very welcoming and now your asking me how Im getting there.
Rather than "ya come on down to the bar for the home opener and we'd love to meet another supporter"
I just think members could be a little more inviting is all to non members.

Fort York Redcoat
02-13-2015, 02:41 PM
I just mentioned it was a great idea and Ivy wasnt very welcoming and now your asking me how Im getting there.
Rather than "ya come on down to the bar for the home opener and we'd love to meet another supporter"
I just think members could be a little more inviting is all to non members.

Hi dutch,

I'm the one who put the links up in here (http://forums.redpatchboys.ca/showthread.php?36957-Bus-to-Columbus&p=1719349#post1719349)

for those non members looking for ways down to Columbus.

I've been trying to make sure all are accommodated.

Ivy has been working very hard on things for members, hence his excitement about it.

Either way, I haven't been bashful about stating where I'll be for this and every other away game on this stint.

Hope to meet you at Joe's, dutch.

Ivy
02-13-2015, 03:49 PM
Wasn't trying to be an ass, sorry if you took it that way.

There are things happening in the members only area that cannot be discussed on the public forum. I told you to pay your 25$ so you can get access to them before the opportunity isn't available anymore.

MartinUtd
02-13-2015, 03:57 PM
Wow, real inviting guys. I get the TICO restrictions and not being able to discuss organized trips on the public forum, but a little courtesy goes a long way.

michaeltfc91
02-13-2015, 04:01 PM
I don't know about buses, but to get tickets in the TFC Supporter Section follow this:

Below is the link and promo code to use for the tickets in the away section for Opening match on 3/14. Please distribute this to all your members.

https://oss.ticketmaster.com/html/go...4298851&g=2293 (https://oss.ticketmaster.com/html/go.htmI?l=EN&t=crew&o=4298851&g=2293)
Code: tfcsupp

THE MORE THE MERRIER! LET'S INVADE COLUMBUS

Ivy
02-13-2015, 04:21 PM
Wow, real inviting guys. I get the TICO restrictions and not being able to discuss organized trips on the public forum, but a little courtesy goes a long way.
What are you upset about?

This happens every year. Non-members find out that members have access to things that they don't, and they get upset about it. This isn't an RPB only thing, and if you were to read about becoming a members, it clearly specifies that you will get access to a members only forun, and you have to be coocoo if you think we talk about flowers and roses, but not TFC related things that we want kept out of the public's eye. Remember that other team's groups, as well as other organizations read these forums too.

Fort York Red Coat posted an option for people to take a bus organized by USector. I don't see anybody thanking him for that.

this group doesn't owe you or me anything. Everything we do is for the growth of us and the benefit of others.

nfitz
02-13-2015, 06:36 PM
There are things happening in the members only area that cannot be discussed on the public forum. I told you to pay your 25$ so you can get access to them before the opportunity isn't available anymore.Why would road trips not be able to be discussed in the public forum. We've had no problem discussing road trip and ticketing arrangements to other locations here publicly, and other supporters groups have no trouble discussing all their road trips publicly.

I can see one might want to discuss TIFOs or something in a private area. But restricting communication seems unnecessarily bureaucratic to me.

Ivy
02-13-2015, 07:12 PM
I'm slightly confused?

you want the group to organize trips for non members? Nobody at RPB is stopping anyone from organizing anything in the public forum; in fact, it's been encouraged on numerous occasions.

Usector chose to organize buses and hotels for anybody that's willing to pay their set fee - that's good on them. Again, FYR posted that info here, even though he didn't have to or need to.

I don't mean to come off rude, but don't expect his group to do everything for everybody, especially people who aren't officially affiliated with it.

Members get certain priveledges of being members, I'm not sure where the frustration is stemming from.

BuSaPuNk
02-13-2015, 08:05 PM
Why would road trips not be able to be discussed in the public forum. We've had no problem discussing road trip and ticketing arrangements to other locations here publicly, and other supporters groups have no trouble discussing all their road trips publicly.

I can see one might want to discuss TIFOs or something in a private area. But restricting communication seems unnecessarily bureaucratic to me.

Tickets and getting there on your own is one thing. Organized travel cannot be discussed as it's against TICO regulations.

wynne
02-13-2015, 10:00 PM
Myself along with 2 or 3 others are looking to make the trip down to Columbus. We are looking for a bus and hotel package down with fellow supporters. Just wondering if the link posted in here is open to anyone, or if it's more directed to members of groups? Or if I should go through the supporters section http://thesupporterssection.com/event/toronto-fc-v-columbus-crew/

BuSaPuNk
02-13-2015, 10:06 PM
Myself along with 2 or 3 others are looking to make the trip down to Columbus. We are looking for a bus and hotel package down with fellow supporters. Just wondering if the link posted in here is open to anyone, or if it's more directed to members of groups? Or if I should go through the supporters section http://thesupporterssection.com/event/toronto-fc-v-columbus-crew/

Yes the trip through the supporters section is open to anyone. If your looking to stay down there after the game this is your best option.

mowe
02-13-2015, 11:04 PM
I'm slightly confused?

you want the group to organize trips for non members? Nobody at RPB is stopping anyone from organizing anything in the public forum; in fact, it's been encouraged on numerous occasions.

Usector chose to organize buses and hotels for anybody that's willing to pay their set fee - that's good on them. Again, FYR posted that info here, even though he didn't have to or need to.

I don't mean to come off rude, but don't expect his group to do everything for everybody, especially people who aren't officially affiliated with it.

Members get certain priveledges of being members, I'm not sure where the frustration is stemming from.

The "frustration" is stemming from your tone. His first post was just wondering if anyone was planning a trip to Columbus.

All you had to do was say Yes, the RPB are planning a trip, once you become a member you'll gain access to all the information on the members board.

Instead you said No comment.

I know you didn't intend to be rude, but you can see how someone would take it the wrong way right? This kind of stuff happens on the internet all the time.

Ivy
02-13-2015, 11:27 PM
I corrected and explained my statement before the drama started.

dutch
02-14-2015, 12:44 AM
The trip was organized by Shaun over at U Sector. Due to time constraints he told his members that if they didnt fill the bus shortly, He would have to allow other supporter groups on the bus. For whatever reason, I believe the tally is now 2 buses. At the time I was not aware if RPB was aware of the opportunity. I didnt take anything to heart, I understand the importance of not letting other teams supporters glean every bit of information they can from a public website. I myself am always surfing other club's public forums to get a touch on whats going on. U Sector made it public on theyre forum which is where I got the pricing and acomodation from. Hope I didnt offend anyone and I didnt take offense. Just appreciate straight answers to questions. I understand though

nfitz
02-14-2015, 12:36 PM
Tickets and getting there on your own is one thing. Organized travel cannot be discussed as it's against TICO regulations.It wouldn't be TICO (Travel Industry Council of Ontario (http://www.tico.ca/)) regulations that are the issue, but Ontario government regulations under the Travel Industry Act (http://www.e-laws.gov.on.ca/html/statutes/english/elaws_statutes_02t30_e.htm). In particular Ontario Regulation 26/05 (http://www.e-laws.gov.on.ca/html/regs/english/elaws_regs_050026_e.htm).

The supporters groups are primarily exempted from Regulation 26/05 through section 2(2)9 of the regulations "A not-for-profit corporation without share capital, operating as a club, that provides overland travel services to members of the club, if the following conditions are satisfied: i. The travel services are provided only to members of the club"

Because of the way that Red Patch defines membership, clearly only those who have access to the restricted area would be allowed on the bus.

Other supporters groups have gotten around this by using a different model of governance, no members fees, and all-inclusive membership criteria. However, that option isn't open to Red Patch as long as it continues to sell membership for a $ amount. Which of course is your choice.

So yes, you can really only discuss stuff like where to meet once you get to town, how to get tickets, and how to join clubs for travel arrangements in the public area.

Red4ever
02-14-2015, 01:08 PM
I think the annoying thing is another columbus thread. There are three in non members section and two more in the members section.

Cashcleaner
02-15-2015, 11:43 AM
It wouldn't be TICO (Travel Industry Council of Ontario (http://www.tico.ca/)) regulations that are the issue, but Ontario government regulations under the Travel Industry Act (http://www.e-laws.gov.on.ca/html/statutes/english/elaws_statutes_02t30_e.htm). In particular Ontario Regulation 26/05 (http://www.e-laws.gov.on.ca/html/regs/english/elaws_regs_050026_e.htm).

The supporters groups are primarily exempted from Regulation 26/05 through section 2(2)9 of the regulations "A not-for-profit corporation without share capital, operating as a club, that provides overland travel services to members of the club, if the following conditions are satisfied: i. The travel services are provided only to members of the club"

Because of the way that Red Patch defines membership, clearly only those who have access to the restricted area would be allowed on the bus.

Other supporters groups have gotten around this by using a different model of governance, no members fees, and all-inclusive membership criteria. However, that option isn't open to Red Patch as long as it continues to sell membership for a $ amount. Which of course is your choice.

So yes, you can really only discuss stuff like where to meet once you get to town, how to get tickets, and how to join clubs for travel arrangements in the public area.

Here's the full story behind how we organize trips and why we have to do so in a specific way, because I guarantee 9 out of 10 people have no idea what really started this whole thing:

Going back quite a few years now, there was a charter bus company that we had used on occasion for a few TFC away trips. Back then we never had any preference as to what company we would use - we just went with whoever offered the group the best price. Well, one day this bus company couldn't offer us a good price so we went with one of his competitors. Immediately after this, two things happened:

Firstly, the previous bus company started advertising theirs as the bus used by the Red Patch Boys - even going so far as to say in their newspaper ads "take a trip to Chicago with the RED PATCH BOYS to watch Toronto FC play the Fire!" We asked the company to cease and desist using our name because, as I mentioned, we had no official travel supplier and did not want our name used to promote their business.

Then the bus company in question ratted us out to TICO basically arguing that because we were offering trips through our boards, we were now technically a travel agency but did not have TICO accreditation- which is a legal requirement in the province. TICO basically told us we had to join their organization and adhere to their regulations and rules or we would face legal action.

What people have to realize is that if it weren't for one asshole bus company owner, we wouldn't have to do all this dumb shit and jump through all these hoops just to take a trip somewhere as a group. What happened to us could have easily happened to any other group. All that needs to happen is for someone to contact TICO and make the same complaint and then BOOM instant screw-job. It's not a case that the other supporter groups have gotten around anything - they just haven't been targeted like we were by a TICO member with a grudge. To put it simply, we don't have all these TICO restrictions in place because of how our membership system works. Rather, our membership system works this way because of these TICO restrictions.

Trust me, as a group we'd probably like nothing better than to go back to the day where we could just charter a bus and post up seats available for everyone. But we gotta go with the cards that have been dealt to us.

Enterprise Captain
02-16-2015, 01:47 AM
The trip was organized by ***** over at ******* Due to time constraints he told his members that if they didnt fill the bus shortly, He would have to allow other supporter groups on the bus. For whatever reason, I believe the tally is now 2 buses. At the time I was not aware if RPB was aware of the opportunity. I didnt take anything to heart, I understand the importance of not letting other teams supporters glean every bit of information they can from a public website. I myself am always surfing other club's public forums to get a touch on whats going on. ******* made it public on theyre forum which is where I got the pricing and acomodation from. Hope I didnt offend anyone and I didnt take offense. Just appreciate straight answers to questions. I understand though
In lieu of Cashcleaner's post perhaps you should edit your post.

magmadragon
02-19-2015, 06:54 PM
I assume you guys who renewed got the email about the Season Seat Holder experiences? Seems the team is organizing a road trip to Columbus (this was never listed on the renewal website, the other 9 options were though). That's gonna be a lot of bus for one day.