PDA

View Full Version : 2015 Schedule

dutch
02-12-2015, 01:08 AM
I just finished looking at the schedule. I was rightly pissed at the 7 weeks on the road to start the season but in hindsight,
The amount of home games thru the season is awsome. 3 each may and june. 4 in august. 3 each sept and oct.

Ivy
02-12-2015, 05:56 AM
Why are you pissed about the 7 games on the road?

dutch
02-12-2015, 11:08 AM
You want to get off to a good start in any sport. Your odds of winning on the road are much less
and getting your new team to be a cohesive unit is hard when your holed up in hotels, airports, and stressed out
If you can string a few wins togethor to start the season, confidence will ne high and they will come togethor.
If they dont string a few wins togethor, the media will be all over them when they land back in toronto.
Cant underestimate the raw power good or bad of extended road trips, a teams confidence and Toronto's media.

pdogg
02-12-2015, 11:43 AM
We are on the road because our stadium won't be ready for us.

Supporting
02-12-2015, 12:09 PM
bradely and alitdore away for game against rsl due to international duties :(

Auzzy
02-13-2015, 08:36 PM
I was just looking through the schedule at http://www.torontofc.ca/news/2015/02/toronto-fc-tv-broadcast-schedule-and-home-kick-times-announced

One thing is really unfortunate: Sat. June 20th NYCFC visits BMO at 7pm; otherwise not a single evening home game on weekends all summer. That's crap, summer evening games are awesome. Most weekend games are at 4pm -- which can be a pretty uncomfortable time for fans & players in July and August.

glaze
02-13-2015, 10:12 PM
I'm not please with the 4 pm times either. I work most Saturdays, so getting there for kickoff is going to be a challenge.
Guess I have until opening day to find a new job!

OgtheDim
02-13-2015, 10:54 PM
TV rules our schedule. More specifically, CFL.

TSN locks in a Saturday night CFL game all summer long.

Then come the fall, CFL gets a Saturday afternoon slot starting at 4.

We move around accordingly.

No way TSN wants anything to compete with their Western $ driven baby, even if its only the usual 50K or so that watch TFC play.

As long as 25% of everybody living west of Thunder Bay tunes into every CFL game, that's our lot.

Fort York Redcoat
02-14-2015, 10:26 AM
Then I guess I have the CFL to thank.

Everybody has different preferences. Mine is for day games.